: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O0fHr2pw,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-14T21:10:38.240+0000) > > It's around 6 months after release that skins get their first discount. For legendary and ultimate skins this is a one time sale. So that means that I didn't catch the sale for the skin?
> [{quoted}](name=GunManJeff,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O0fHr2pw,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-14T21:13:08.868+0000) > > So that means that I didn't catch the sale for the skin? Cosmic Jhin hasn't been out for 6 months yet. It'll probably go on sale in december.
: When will Dark Cosmic Jhin be on a discount?
It's around 6 months after release that skins get their first discount. For legendary and ultimate skins this is a one time sale.
Ehhhh (EUW)
: Maybe. I mean, the league of legends facebook just randomly reposted a 4 year old 'sunday morning lolz' meme about senna. Maybe its a good hint{{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
> [{quoted}](name=Ehhhh,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oFQAdAqM,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-10-10T18:26:35.158+0000) > > Maybe. I mean, the league of legends facebook just randomly reposted a 4 year old 'sunday morning lolz' meme about senna. Maybe its a good hint{{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} The people who operate the facebook page are just community managers that would have no insight on what champions are being made.
: Honor Level 5 - obtaining Orbs beyond
It will just randomly give you a tier 5 orb sometimes. The timing is completely unknown as Riot has chosen not to reveal how honor works under the hood.
Diävolo (EUW)
: Magic damage...
I have to assume you're basing this off a single game since 1k AP is an incredibly rare occurrence outside of veigar. You're complaining about a problem that basically doesn't exist.
: I'm more surprised they would basically throw all that work away instead of just putting up the game mode every once in a while to get more mileage out of it.
> [{quoted}](name=TyrekGoldenspear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mNAvVt0Y,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-10-07T13:06:22.206+0000) > > I'm more surprised they would basically throw all that work away instead of just putting up the game mode every once in a while to get more mileage out of it. Because they can't just throw modes up whenever. They have to go through QA to fix any bugs with new champions or changes that have been made to league's backend since the mode was last run. So getting it up would just add even more work onto a mode that simply wasn't successful. And throwing out work like this isn't uncommon with game design, most of it just isn't shown to the public because it isn't good enough. Nexus blitz was an experiment to see what happened when they did make a prototype public.
: So are login screens offically dead?
The new patcher skips the login screen entirely since it can save your login now, so animated login screens no longer serve a purpose.
: What are the requirements for getting the different Grades
We don't have specific numbers for them cause Riot doesn't want to give that information. Usually though if you have a good KDA and no S it's likely because your cs was low relative to the game length.
: Virus disguising itself as LoL on my computer
That just sounds like the new client update they've been rolling out to people. edit: Just checked my task manager when launching and yes that is what the updated patcher loads under. You're freaking out over nothing.
Cheehee (EUNE)
: Do Rioters seriously play with people to get their 100th normal win?
Some of them would back when they visited the forums. Basically none of them do anymore though and I've certainly never seen one from EUNE.
: So are animated Login Screens Gone now???
Because the new client can keep you logged in most people will no longer see the login screens, so it's not worth the effort to keep making them.
: Galaxy slayer zed is on sale, does this mean legendaries can have discounts?
Legendary skins get a 1 time sale about 6 months after their release. They never go on sale again afterward.
: Please Rework Twitch?
Twitch is fine and reworking him would be a waste of resources that could be put to far better use. You not liking a champion is not enough of a reason for them to receive a full overhaul.
Graboid (NA)
: Let's Talk About Rune Pages
I imagine the reason they don't do this is because they have a limit on how much memory a match can use. Exceeding that limit can cause performance issues on low end computers, and Riot likes having the requirements to run league being as low as possible.
Keiaga (NA)
: And why do you think they buffed him so he would show up at worlds? I wasn't aware he had any sort of skin planned. And he's not as exciting to watch as most of the other hook champs.
> [{quoted}](name=Keiaga,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4BAxexyb,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-27T04:28:32.349+0000) > > And why do you think they buffed him so he would show up at worlds? I wasn't aware he had any sort of skin planned. And he's not as exciting to watch as most of the other hook champs. His solo queue performance wasn't so poor as to need a buff this big and this is the patch worlds is getting played on.
Keiaga (NA)
: I'm not familiar with that rule they set for themselves. Mind linking me an example of them saying that? Also it's just 100 units. it won't take too much time to adjust.
> [{quoted}](name=Keiaga,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4BAxexyb,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-27T04:14:01.835+0000) > > I'm not familiar with that rule they set for themselves. Mind linking me an example of them saying that? Also it's just 100 units. it won't take too much time to adjust. Unfortunately I don't have a good way to dig up Riot posts that old. And have you played vs blitz post buff? The 100 units is a pretty massive difference in what he can get away with. Adjustment or not the buff is just unreasonably strong and they only did it so they can make him show up at worlds.
Keiaga (NA)
: Probably because Blitzcrank is defined by his hook ability, and now that {{champion:412}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:111}} are all popular and good while also having hooks, Blitzcrank was lagging behind interms of his entire kit even though his hook was still slightly better. So they buffed up his signature skill.
> [{quoted}](name=Keiaga,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4BAxexyb,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-27T03:56:35.935+0000) > > Probably because Blitzcrank is defined by his hook ability, and now that {{champion:412}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:111}} are all popular and good while also having hooks, Blitzcrank was lagging behind interms of his entire kit even though his hook was still slightly better. > > So they buffed up his signature skill. Choosing this buff breaks their own rules they've set for themselves in the past though. Normally they will not tamper with things that force people to adjust their trained reflexes. I've been dodging hooks for 8 years and now I've got to suddenly throw all that out the window because it's 100 units longer. I'm getting hit by hooks that feel like they should miss and it's cheap as hell. Old Riot would have _never_ made this change.
: make pyke playable again
Revert to the double gold buff is all that needs to happen. That change never should have been made in the first place.
: Eve censored on NA now?
It was an error. It's been fixed now.
: noob question: why caitlyn has too much range?
A mistake from Riot's early years. All the tuning they've had to do for Caitlyn is because her range is too iconic to change, even if adjusting it would fix the problems she tends to cause, ie: completely warping the bot lane meta around her when she's strong.
: Really wish Riot would consider early risers for patch updates
Patching servers is not a fast process and requires prep before hand. You see this with any game that does major patches, they always have to schedule it in advance to make sure the steps go smoothly.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JBOdGNiZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-26T03:13:28.443+0000) > > Brand was chased out of mid lane a long time ago. He just couldn't keep up with all the new champs that kept getting introduced there and now support is all he's got. He got pushed out of mid from the E range nerfs. New champs had nothing to do with it.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JBOdGNiZ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-26T14:02:02.016+0000) > > He got pushed out of mid from the E range nerfs. New champs had nothing to do with it. What are you even talking about that range nerf was back in season 1.
: So is there really only one choice now?
Brand was chased out of mid lane a long time ago. He just couldn't keep up with all the new champs that kept getting introduced there and now support is all he's got.
: Why didn't Riot keep Nexus Blitz?
Well in this graph they just put out it's pretty evident why https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/02_Game_Hours_Per_Mode-1_d6f0glgzkxp91uhuagi2.jpg
: Banned for Blitz.gg? Dont use it.
Are you sure your account wasn't compromised at any point and someone played on it with scripts? That's usually what causes this.
: What is the point of gutting Yuumi this much?
Pick ban in pro and this is the worlds patch. She'll probably get followup later for solo queue but right now worlds is kind of a big deal and they're not gonna have it ruined by a dumb cat (even though they're the ones that made the dumb cat in the first place).
: Why does Arclight Brand have Chromas but older skins like Arclight Vel'Koz don't?
They found making new chromas for old skins sold really poorly so they generally don't do it.
Barso55 (NA)
: Why do some of the oldest champs (like ryze) only have 3 skins available in the shop?
At one point Riot vaulted a bunch of skins they felt weren't up to quality standards. Of course once a champ gets a VGU that's no longer the case yet they still keep the skins vaulted for some reason? It's like their forgot their own reason for vaulting them.
: dota dishs out 19 year bans
Riot already permanently bans sold accounts when they're discovered.
: Is there a rule that Support always have to go bot lane to sup Marksman ?
Most marksman do not solo lane well, and since everyone plays bot lane duo you would leave your adc in 1v2 lane if you decide to go top. Most top laners solo lane extremely well and prefer to get solo xp since they are more dependent on levels than marksman. So it is overall very inefficient to support your top laner.
: Can Pyke get disabled in ARAM? Or nerfed at the very least?
Unfortunately there's only 1 guy that works on ARAM and he's not able to do anything beyond minor number adjustments.
: What is game coding?
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fAAIeMpe,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-20T22:26:34.698+0000) > > The other day I was debating with people on discord about wheather or not the in game champion quotes are actually talking about garen and katana(The taunting quotes of illaoi, jhin, tahm.), and people believe it's a game coding, but my debate is : since the quotes do not contain garen's name or katana's name, they can be talking about garen x someone and katana x someone. Because garen and katana compete each other and have similar path of their own lives, it's not contradictive if those lines have similar sentence constructure. > I got insulting words and banned for disagreement with them, this is rediculous. I too ship Garen with japanese swords.
Sukishoo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Vc0oBm7k,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-20T21:52:46.007+0000) > > Well it logs you in automatically so nobody would see them anymore. No, that's only if you've selected to Stay Logged In
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Vc0oBm7k,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T22:03:31.921+0000) > > No, that's only if you've selected to Stay Logged In Which almost everyone will do... They said the SG login will be the last animated one.
ODiiiiiN (NA)
: No more cinematics on Log In??
Well it logs you in automatically so nobody would see them anymore.
: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VYwtfluc,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T19:38:05.061+0000) > > But it is a handicap. If it wasn't then somewhere in these 9 years of league people would have been doing it. You lose _so_ many opportunities by not having flash. It sounds like you are giving a textbook answer without personal experience. Why not try my idea once or twice and see how it feels? I'm not saying to try it in ranked games, but try it in normals for fun. Maybe it won't feel like a handicap.
> [{quoted}](name=mmoran5554,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VYwtfluc,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T14:24:21.337+0000) > > It sounds like you are giving a textbook answer without personal experience. Why not try my idea once or twice and see how it feels? I'm not saying to try it in ranked games, but try it in normals for fun. Maybe it won't feel like a handicap. I've been around since season 2 I have plenty of personal experience with people trying to run exhaust ignite. It wasn't good then, and nothing has changed to make it good now. If anything exhaust is a lot weaker than it used to be.
: If you have 1mil+ points and are still in at least plat. You really should find a new main.
That has nothing to do with champion skill though. The difference between plat and diamond is game knowledge.
: My one hope for Season 10: Bigger, more complex Rift.
There's only so much room in the game for complexity before it's just too much to expect people to learn. And the more mechanics you add the more difficult it is to balance things.
: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VYwtfluc,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-09-19T19:27:39.925+0000) > > You know what else is fun? Not deliberately handicapping myself. Before you claim it's a handicap, try it out. I would never ask people to try a strategy that I felt was a handicap. I have successfully used Ignite and Exhaust together in normals and ranked games. It's fun and different from the usual flash gameplay.
> [{quoted}](name=mmoran5554,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VYwtfluc,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T19:31:47.374+0000) > > Before you claim it's a handicap, try it out. I would never ask people to try a strategy that I felt was a handicap. I have successfully used Ignite and Exhaust together in normals and ranked games. It's fun and different from the usual flash gameplay. But it is a handicap. If it wasn't then somewhere in these 9 years of league people would have been doing it. You lose _so_ many opportunities by not having flash.
: I think everyone here missed my point. I am telling you to try it for **fun**. This is not a post about changing the meta or abandoning flash in ranked games. Have fun with this strategy in normals, it is fun and interesting.
> [{quoted}](name=mmoran5554,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VYwtfluc,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-19T19:12:42.358+0000) > > I think everyone here missed my point. I am telling you to try it for **fun**. This is not a post about changing the meta or abandoning flash in ranked games. Have fun with this strategy in normals, it is fun and interesting. You know what else is fun? Not deliberately handicapping myself.
Varkha (NA)
: Why is PBE shutting down so often recently?
PBE goes down for maintenance daily when they do updates. This is normal.
: Tanky supports must try Exhaust and Ignite together!
Or I could just take flash and flash cc someone out of position for an even easier kill. Everyone takes flash for a reason.
: Valve vs Riot
And yet the last original game valve produced was artifact, which now has a playerbase of under 100. Valve is not the king of the gaming world they used to be, they're just coasting off of steam sales and owning the rights to dota. It's actually pathetic how lazy one of the original pioneers of the gaming industry has gotten.
Infernape (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=m5MugBFW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-18T04:33:58.571+0000) > > They've explained this in dev blogs but because of new additions and regular improvements to the game code RGMs require maintenance to keep running, otherwise they would accrue a lot of bugs. This happened once when they rushed out URF as compensation for clash failing and the champion trade feature simply didn't work. Then again, in all this time, Riot should've really reworked their backend systems so this doesn't happen. The game is clearly held together by nothing more than duct tape and spaghetti code. It's actually hilarious that a company as lazy as Valve can have and support multiple game modes within DotA, while Riot can barely support more than three or four.
> [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=m5MugBFW,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T04:50:42.343+0000) > > Then again, in all this time, Riot should've really reworked their backend systems so this doesn't happen. The game is clearly held together by nothing more than duct tape and spaghetti code. > > It's actually hilarious that a company as lazy as Valve can have and support multiple game modes within DotA, while Riot can barely support more than three or four. They do work on their backend systems, but there's so much tech debt ingrained from their early years that it's not a simple fix. Dota got made on a fully built and very sophisticated engine, Riot did not have such a thing when they started league. https://technology.riotgames.com/news/taxonomy-tech-debt
: Remember when Riot said they'd commit to RGM?
They've explained this in dev blogs but because of new additions and regular improvements to the game code RGMs require maintenance to keep running, otherwise they would accrue a lot of bugs. This happened once when they rushed out URF as compensation for clash failing and the champion trade feature simply didn't work.
: Best Mid Laner to Main?
The single most important thing for a main is finding them fun enough to actually play them that often. As long as you can check that off it doesn't matter who you learn since you can climb with most anything in this game.
: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ENGRorqU,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-15T00:55:00.060+0000) > > He doesn't get used in pro because their reaction time is fast enough to flash his ulti. For the average player though yeah he's pretty obnoxious since we don't respond that quickly. you know his ulti speed is boosted by predator right? Imagine hitting hat and hes just in range and boom instant death no reaction time or counter play
> [{quoted}](name=Ninja Anubis,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ENGRorqU,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-15T03:57:14.189+0000) > > you know his ulti speed is boosted by predator right? Imagine hitting hat and hes just in range and boom instant death no reaction time or counter play oh that's kinda silly
iiGazeii (NA)
: CDR should come at a higher premium
Their cooldowns are long because CDR items exist. If you go making CDR hard to get champs like Aatrox would end up getting compensated which, in the end, means nothing was really accomplished.
: Malphite being meta is literally killing league
He doesn't get used in pro because their reaction time is fast enough to flash his ulti. For the average player though yeah he's pretty obnoxious since we don't respond that quickly.
: ok sure what's the mistake i made when tristana jumps at me from fog of war places a bomb over my head crit three times then as soon as the bomb explodes i die
> [{quoted}](name=DoranShieldOp,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NoBV0dEJ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-13T08:15:36.841+0000) > > ok sure what's the mistake i made when tristana jumps at me from fog of war places a bomb over my head crit three times then as soon as the bomb explodes i die Why are you in a position where a fed trist can jump on you without consequence? Why is she that fed in the first place?
: Looking for a strong pair of audio headphones, preferably with a good microphone below $200.
vmoda is worth checking out if you want your headphones to last a really, really long time.
Exibir mais

Quality Content

Nível 136 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão