: Join Us Oct. 15th to Celebrate 10 Years of League
"Livestreams and events" Oh so, I could be totally wrong, but I'm assuming your idea of events is not anything like the events the players expected for this anniversary. You know, like participating in something together that actually pertains to playing the game, or getting a reward for being part of the population of 8 million concurrent players that you boasted about. Ironically, I actually don't hate the new logo. It does have room for more expression.
: > [{quoted}](name=Skreame,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BQ763soP,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-07T01:01:09.709+0000) > This whole library you linked to me has no updates past 2017, so I would like to ask if this is where you got your insinuation from as well. It may be a little bit outdated, but it is the closest we have to actual statistics in regards to player behaviour and reform rates. > The source is also provided by Riot Lyte, who left before the culmination of the Honor system as what it is today and subsequently this iteration of the Punishment system. Not much has changed. The IFS has been functional for quite some time, and the Honor update was just an addition that was built around the IFS and then incorporated into the game. > Actually, players who troll or intentionally feed now receive 14-day or permanent bans for their offenses after 1-2 games > Players who leave/AFK receive up to 20 minute Low Priority Queues for repeated offenses too. >We both know that is entirely not the case. This doesn't pertain to detection. If you **do get caught**, 1 game is more than enough for you to get hit with a suspension (14 days). I'm not sure I'm following the second part, though. That's exactly what happens when you repeatedly leave games.
> [{quoted}](name=Bianca Colt,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BQ763soP,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-07T01:10:27.228+0000) > > It may be a little bit outdated, but it is the closest we have to actual statistics in regards to player behaviour and reform rates. > It doesn't mean anything if the topic is about today's game. I asked you about today's population with a point about players who got famous over the last few years. Even if these statistics are relevant, they are manipulated outcomes from standards that are not openly defined or agreeable. It's just a reassurance post from a former resigned employee on an ask.fm of all places. > Not much has changed. The IFS has been functional for quite some time, and the Honor update was just an addition that was built around the IFS and then incorporated into the game. > These sources are from Lyte who left in 2016. The actual likelihood is that these statistics are from a system that had a drastically different population from early 2016 to late 2015 and saying not much has changed is honestly surprising to me when inting and afking has never been more prominent. The whole point is that the system isn't changed. Arguing that the system that has remained stagnant for a period of 4 years is still ok, while things like honor have had a complete overhaul twice, a new client, and a plethora of new facets to the game is astounding. > This doesn't pertain to detection. If you **do get caught**, 1 game is more than enough for you to get hit with a suspension (14 days). > > I'm not sure I'm following the second part, though. That's exactly what happens when you repeatedly leave games. What is the significance of boasting an action that is a consequence of a system that doesn't actually work? The system effectively doesn't exist. They announced "implementing a detection system" in 2015 and never once has their been a perceivable decrease in trolling, nor have Riot actually given any statistics or data to support it. The leaverbuster system is another failed creation as it effectively gives the grieving players a timer notification of when they need to move their mouse and pretend to interact with the store while they AFK the game as their hostage. How many people have you ever seen complain or talk about leaverbuster? How is the detection system seriously failing to produce results in conjunction with leaverbuster? It's mind-boggling.
: > [{quoted}](name=Skreame,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BQ763soP,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-07T00:32:09.559+0000) > > Is there anything you can link that verifies this? I don't see how you could ever insinuate this when the last few years, people like Tyler1, Pornstar Zilean7, RatIRL, all get famous and idolized for their toxic behavior and running it down. You can find all the information in this neat [library](https://en.volu-eu.org/library.php). Hope this helps.
> [{quoted}](name=Bianca Colt,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BQ763soP,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-07T00:44:00.634+0000) > > You can find all the information in this neat [library](https://en.volu-eu.org/library.php). Hope this helps. Nowhere in any of those sources do they give meaningful statistics. One article boasts a 92% reform rate for first time experiences with the instant feedback system, but does not define the criteria of "reform" whether that means no additional punishments within one week, one year, or perhaps if their "behavior" improved by only one unit of their metric temporarily. This article also has the premise of using these statistics to justify the instant feedback system of restrictions over instant temporary and permanent bans, which is exactly the same sentiment as OP with his preventative measures and chances to reform, over reactive punishment. The source is also provided by Riot Lyte, who left before the culmination of the Honor system as what it is today and subsequently this iteration of the Punishment system. Interestingly the very same source that questionable statistic came from says verabtim: "Actually, players who troll or intentionally feed now receive 14-day or permanent bans for their offenses after 1-2 games. Players who leave/AFK receive up to 20 minute Low Priority Queues for repeated offenses too." We both know that is entirely not the case. This whole library you linked to me has no updates past 2017, so I would like to ask if this is where you got your insinuation from as well.
: While I find the first part of your idea interesting, I don't think I can say the same for the second part. Giving people more chances to ruin other people's games isn't the right way to go. Besides, the current punishment system is a result of numerous testings, evaluations and adjustments, which is why it boasts high reform rates. It's safe to say that it's pretty effective in what it is doing.
> [{quoted}](name=Bianca Colt,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BQ763soP,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-07T00:05:21.399+0000) > > which is why it boasts high reform rates. It's safe to say that it's pretty effective in what it is doing. Is there anything you can link that verifies this? I don't see how you could ever insinuate this when the last few years, people like Tyler1, Pornstar Zilean7, RatIRL, all get famous and idolized for their toxic behavior and running it down.
: > [{quoted}](name=MuteAllForeverer,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=bkubwFMH,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-05T22:27:01.932+0000) > > Nah, because If I can get an account to a higher level and with more games by purposely trolling than this account that got banned, then you know Riot is full idiots. Then I reinforce my previous statement. If you're willing to troll with seemingly no remorse then any punishment you receive is falling on the right person. You've lost any sort of sympathy for your situation since you've proven that you're completely willing to be malicious and lash out at unrelated players if you don't get your way.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=bkubwFMH,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-05T22:32:30.058+0000) > > Then I reinforce my previous statement. > > If you're willing to troll with seemingly no remorse then any punishment you receive is falling on the right person. You've lost any sort of sympathy for your situation since you've proven that you're completely willing to be malicious and lash out at unrelated players if you don't get your way. He said "if" making it a conjecture about the broken system. Don't take the position out of context just to discredit him.
ThaIIium (NA)
: Thallium Reformed (Day 2)
I love how no one can call him out on abusing the system that he is obviously mocking. This is what you want people. Downvote and run away in silence as the game perpetuates this mentality as allowable.
zPOOPz (NA)
: > How many years has this issue been addressed to Riot and do any of you feel it has been dealt with accordingly? or at all? You expect Rito to eliminate trolls and assholes? How many years did the internet or the dawn of humanity have and we still couldn't get rid of trolls or assholes? You were shown 1 to 5 SAMPLES of games that you were validly reported in. Please don't make it sounds like this is the ONLY game that got you punished. That is misinformation and disservice to the player base.
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IUbi9rPU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:54:48.562+0000) > [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IUbi9rPU,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:56:35.481+0000) Yeah, I guess you guys are the experts. Confirmed by a Rioter I was judged by this one game. https://ibb.co/58yxGvw Thanks for derailing the whole point by the way, which was that I was never arguing the validity of the judgement, but was asking for constructive criticism or a counter point in the issue of dealing with toxicity as a totalitarian censorship construct and completely forsaking actual trolling. You think a false equivalency of the open internet having all kinds of people validates any kind of person being allowed to play a certain game? Many games have ban systems that deal with trolling, specifically DOTA having queue priorities for AFK and grief. It's not that they can't track the difference in playing bad or trolling, they don't intend to spend the money on it. They don't need a 100% solution either. Completely ignoring the whole thing separately, while demeaning people who you label as 'wrong' or 'toxic' simply to discount any and all points they make is so contradicting it's beyond ridiculous.
: Agreed again! You can argue that it is against that one genuinely toxic player that would tilt anyone, but who believes you. Chat bans have no recourse. You get to take it or quit playing... there is no rebuttal and that's unfortunate. If you are going to consequence someone for an action, if there is any way it's subjective, then you should have a 'process' to contest the consequence. No honors, no "free" stuff (although with an account that I have spent a couple grand on over the years) is it really free??????
> [{quoted}](name=Beariducci,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IUbi9rPU,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-09-04T23:42:03.348+0000) > > Agreed again! You can argue that it is against that one genuinely toxic player that would tilt anyone, but who believes you. Chat bans have no recourse. You get to take it or quit playing... there is no rebuttal and that's unfortunate. If you are going to consequence someone for an action, if there is any way it's subjective, then you should have a 'process' to contest the consequence. > > No honors, no "free" stuff (although with an account that I have spent a couple grand on over the years) is it really free?????? Want to know what's even worse? I looked to see if at least both of us would be punished, but no! The person who trolled my games is still playing as we speak and there's games in their history that show blatant behavior as what they did in my game. They have double the losses as their wins, but they are free to run rampant and ruin even more games. Nice system!
: "The reform card shows anywhere from ONE to SEVERAL EXAMPLES of behavior" "It's not the only one that got you punished" You just said it shows ONE to. that means it can just be one?? Are you a hypocrite or something?
> [{quoted}](name=Light Burner,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IUbi9rPU,comment-id=000100000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-09-04T21:24:04.589+0000) > > "The reform card shows anywhere from ONE to SEVERAL EXAMPLES of behavior" > "It's not the only one that got you punished" > You just said it shows ONE to. that means it can just be one?? Are you a hypocrite or something? I just submitted a ticket as previously suggested by the people here and the bot provided just this one game again, but I have requested a human to more thoroughly investigate. I have also positively seen a warning for being reported on my roommates account this season, so I asked about that as well.
: > If you think I'm wrong about the system, then validate it with verifiable information or at least give an opinion based on reasonable logic. I don't need to prove a negative. You came here, you're wrong. No number of times you say "I only got punished from one game" is going to make it correct. The reform card shows anywhere from ONE to SEVERAL EXAMPLES of behavior. It's not the only one that got you punished. You have other people in this thread telling you the same thing. Shove your head in the sand all you want, it's not going to make your statements true.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IUbi9rPU,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-04T20:44:49.573+0000) > > I don't need to prove a negative. You came here, you're wrong. No number of times you say "I only got punished from one game" is going to make it correct. The reform card shows anywhere from ONE to SEVERAL EXAMPLES of behavior. It's not the only one that got you punished. You have other people in this thread telling you the same thing. Shove your head in the sand all you want, it's not going to make your statements true. It must be easy to tell people "you're wrong" while simultaneously having the audacity to claim that you don't need to prove anything. If all you wanted to do was reiterate that I should be punished as I said in my original post, how is that anything other than being pretentious? Right, you don't have to explain. I must be the one shoving my head in the sand. If you don't have any validation from the argument about the system and rather just yourself, I'll take it as you being obviously right and save you the trouble of continuing your platform.
: You are 100% incorrect in everything you believe regarding this system, and as per usual for people who come to talk about their punishments, you are unwilling to listen to anything that doesn't fit your world view, and you're looking to take your anger out on people who reply. Bottom line - YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU AND YOU DID NOT GET PUNISHED FOR A SINGLE GAME.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IUbi9rPU,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-04T20:27:30.361+0000) > > You are 100% incorrect in everything you believe regarding this system, and as per usual for people who come to talk about their punishments, you are unwilling to listen to anything that doesn't fit your world view, and you're looking to take your anger out on people who reply. > > Bottom line - YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU AND YOU DID NOT GET PUNISHED FOR A SINGLE GAME. And people like you who come here just to validate yourselves by reconfirming your view of people deserving to be punished are not only one of the most hypocritical things I've seen, but you fail to even address the point of the post with anything more than a lazy disagreement with no substantial logic or qualifying information as an argument. I gave proof that the report card had reviewed only a single game, and I prefaced my entire post by saying that I was not contesting the punishment, nor was I even disagreeing that my behavior is wrong. But people like you just have to come out of the woodwork to prop yourself up in some insane attempt to soapbox, when you yourself use the same derogatory tone you try to pretend you've above. If you think I'm wrong about the system, then validate it with verifiable information or at least give an opinion based on reasonable logic. The system is built on a automated review that looks for trigger responses and phrases. Do you disagree? That's an objective fact. The system is unable to detect griefing without admittance distinguishable from playing poorly, thus players actively abuse this fact to end games they do not agree with, and the community simply allows this notion to exist by means of no solution. Do you disagree? I have another account that I play only ARAM with a certain group and there is no such problem that is inherently related to Summoner's Rift or Ranked specifically, and have honor level 5, but was I honorable? Am I a different person in those games? No, I simply do not talk as much as I am not agitated by intentional player behavior. Regardless if I was a good person or not. If you think that system is 100% correct and has no criticisms to be had, than far be it from me to insinuate that you are delusional. But hey, you in your obvious superiority are allowed to get defensive and accuse me of being unwilling to listen and saying I deserve this or that as someone with the authority to say so, right?
: > Now I'm not trying to justify what I said or imply that it's not a punishable offense. I just want to notify you all that simply one game with 30~ messages all game is enough to lose all your honor that you built up over hundreds of games. This is most certainly not the first time you've spent 30 minutes bitching at your team and insulting them, this is just the game the pushed you over the edge into getting punished.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IUbi9rPU,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:56:35.481+0000) > > This is most certainly not the first time you've spent 30 minutes bitching at your team and insulting them, this is just the game the pushed you over the edge into getting punished. Yes, you can assume that as much as you like, but the fact is, this is the game they reviewed and it was propagated by behavior that is not only inherently more abusive, but allowable by the standards of this system. I could sit here and argue with you about how each message is directed to the one person who was already trolling our game from the start, but you never cared to begin with more than being condescending ironically. If you want to soapbox, that's fine, but at least provide something to the actual question I'm asking about the honor system. The honor system rewards people who troll games as long as they keep quiet, because the system has always been a punishment tactic for one topic specifically more than a rewarding program from the start.
zPOOPz (NA)
: > How many years has this issue been addressed to Riot and do any of you feel it has been dealt with accordingly? or at all? You expect Rito to eliminate trolls and assholes? How many years did the internet or the dawn of humanity have and we still couldn't get rid of trolls or assholes? You were shown 1 to 5 SAMPLES of games that you were validly reported in. Please don't make it sounds like this is the ONLY game that got you punished. That is misinformation and disservice to the player base.
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IUbi9rPU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-04T19:54:48.562+0000) > > You expect Rito to eliminate trolls and assholes? How many years did the internet or the dawn of humanity have and we still couldn't get rid of trolls or assholes? > > You were shown 1 to 5 SAMPLES of games that you were validly reported in. Please don't make it sounds like this is the ONLY game that got you punished. That is misinformation and disservice to the player base. This is the only game. If your report card has multiple games, it will give you evidence from multiple games. The system will also give you a warning that you have been reported as a measure to let you know you may be acting in a way they don't like, which didn't happen to me. Stop assuming things. I copied this text from my card and it was the only game. I got my honor capsule literally 1 week ago and this one game is the only instance that I was punished for. https://ibb.co/pQmt8Kt
Comentários de Rioters
HiemDall (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Skreame,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=N8woMrMe,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-02T23:21:57.430+0000) > > When the last World's event was here, you could get the 2000 tokens or points with about 3-4 games a day including the win of the day bonus. It's not even close now. > > Maybe it was too easy for World's, but for this event, getting the same amount of tokens is so much more work it's not even financially worth the sacrifice in time. Unless you absolutely need the prestige skin, the labor required is so much of a daily chore that I consider buying the pass less and less with each event. > > It feels very greedy from Riot, and that makes me not only enjoy the events and playing even less, but it makes me want to find another outlet that doesn't make me feel bad just for participating in something that's at its core supposed to have the intent of being fun. With the pass you get 300 tokens from missions 18 with the first win mission 12 with every win 6 with every loss And around a month to get what you want For the prestige skin you need 2000 With the bonus 300 it brings it down to 1700 To get that you need to win 2-3 games every day With 2 wins and a loss putting you at 48 tokens per day you need 35.416666---- wins to get that fewer if you play more then 3 games a day So I don't really see what you are talking about
> [{quoted}](name=HiemDall,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=N8woMrMe,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-09-03T21:26:52.020+0000) > > 12 with every win > 6 with every loss Assuming you play exclusively Summoner's Rift and assuming you bought the Project Pass on the first day to be generous, you need 1700 tokens in 30 days yes. You like to make the average lean toward 2 wins and 1 loss, but if you average it as 9 tokens a game, it's 38 tokens or at least 4 games on average. That's at minimum 2 hours every single day and if you skip any days and miss any 'win of the day' missions, that average games per day only increases. It might not be a problem for you who can play every day but even if someone can only play 5 days a week, which is far more than reasonable, that's now 1700 - 385 = 1315 / 22 = 60 tokens a day. That's at least 7 games every single day for 5 out of 7 days. That's ridiculous.
: > [{quoted}](name=Skreame,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=N8woMrMe,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-02T23:21:57.430+0000) > > When the last World's event was here, you could get the 2000 tokens or points with about 3-4 games a day including the win of the day bonus. It's not even close now. > > Maybe it was too easy for World's, but for this event, getting the same amount of tokens is so much more work it's not even financially worth the sacrifice in time. Unless you absolutely need the prestige skin, the labor required is so much of a daily chore that I consider buying the pass less and less with each event. > > It feels very greedy from Riot, and that makes me not only enjoy the events and playing even less, but it makes me want to find another outlet that doesn't make me feel bad just for participating in something that's at its core supposed to have the intent of being fun. 3-4 games is still a lot for people with limited time, basically forces you to play a minimal of 2 hours a day up to 4 hours (counting matchmaking, champselect etc aswell) on a unlucky day
> [{quoted}](name=IRLNinjaLoli,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=N8woMrMe,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-03T01:45:55.566+0000) > > 3-4 games is still a lot for people with limited time, basically forces you to play a minimal of 2 hours a day up to 4 hours (counting matchmaking, champselect etc aswell) on a unlucky day There is no way that you could double the time just from champ select and matchmaking unless you have challenger queue times. You could also do it with ARAM and the 3-4 games a day accounted for losses and 5 days on average a week. I think that's more than reasonable. The problem and point of the comment is that Riot decided even that amount was losing them too much potential revenue in rewards and went too far in making it harder to obtain certain reward benchmarks. Just one out of the huge amount of decisions in the past year where Riot has prioritized money over player experience or game enjoyment.
: The reason riot only buffs assassins is because mages are cockslapping them out of pro games and well solo queue has it's own problems because man I've played against some straight up disrespectful mage players. I never get why they stay in lane with a quarter of their hp like I'm not going to go kill you.
> [{quoted}](name=Edge of Daybreak,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xGjFNTRq,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-02T23:17:13.617+0000) > > The reason riot only buffs assassins is because mages are cockslapping them out of pro games and the well solo queue has it's own problems because man I've played against some straight up disrespectful mage players. I never get why they stay in lane with a quarter of their hp like I'm not going to go kill you. Um, what? The only power picks mid as mages for the longest time in this summer split of pro-play was Corki and Azir who are both marksmen that scale the greatest into the late game. The biggest pick to counter them this season has been Sylas built as an assassin and Qiyanna. Even Akali. I don't know where you're coming from. As for the problem with mages and assassin's in general: Assassin's have way too much waveclear these days with no trade off, the resource bars have no point this season as they can keep up with waveclear and harass without losing any CS or XP. Back in the day, Mages had choices with clear advantages and disadvantages, such as mana and cdr and ability power having priorities. If you were a mage against an assassin you had to build to sit and wave clear and scale up, or sustain to survive the lane while farming. This served to keep a balance that relied on the players to determine whether an assassin would work or if a mage was better. Now mages all build the same thing every game and player choices are more dependent on team play which takes the solo queue mentality to it's highest contradiction. Meanwhile assassins got mega nerfed years back after dominating the whole year or two due to mobility creep, and even though every single champ either has mobility out of the ass now or stealth or mega CC, assasins were put back into the meta with lazy buffs like waveclear and cdr to help them in lane. Except these buffs cover up their clear weaknesses as teamfighters and splitpushers too. Riot has a huge problem with balance, because they want to make the game fast paced like their competitors, but only understand how to make everything work together by making everything similarly powerful and that's boring and bland. That's why there's always one very clear choice for every META and why deviating is seen as trolling most of the time.
Madjack01 (EUW)
: Grinding out the full worth of your event pass.
When the last World's event was here, you could get the 2000 tokens or points with about 3-4 games a day including the win of the day bonus. It's not even close now. Maybe it was too easy for World's, but for this event, getting the same amount of tokens is so much more work it's not even financially worth the sacrifice in time. Unless you absolutely need the prestige skin, the labor required is so much of a daily chore that I consider buying the pass less and less with each event. It feels very greedy from Riot, and that makes me not only enjoy the events and playing even less, but it makes me want to find another outlet that doesn't make me feel bad just for participating in something that's at its core supposed to have the intent of being fun.
: I love how you bash on Lux but completely ignore Ezreal (13 skins including 1 Legendary and 1 Ultimate AND a REWORK, meaning all his skins have been updated), Miss Fortune (12 skins including 1 Ultimate), and Kai'sa (5 skins but has received a Prestige skin on her 2nd skin and received 2 skins in the next year. She received 4 skins in an 8 month timeframe.) Jinx only has 7 skins but she's among the more popular champions. When was the last time you saw an Ivern in a game. Especially after he got dunkmaster. Or the last time you saw an Ornn. Riot wouldn't make skins for champions that are less played, because then it would just be a waste of time and production. Lux may have 11 skins but from Sorceress to Steel Legion, those 5 skins aren't up to standard today. When was the last time you saw someone play Commando Lux, or Spelltheif Lux. Her skins from Star Guardian to Battle Academia are really the only ones up to standard and that's only 5 skins if you leave out Prestige BA Lux. Before you complain about less popular champs not getting skins, you must have a logical perspective and be patient.
Ornn used to be the number one priority pick in top lane. Ivern used to be the number one priority pick in jungle for a whole season. The thing that dictates it more than anything is whether riot buffed them or nerfed them into oblivion. Jinx was bad for almost 3 whole years and she still got 3-4 skins in that time-frame. Lux gets skins and she was a ghost in pro play for almost the last 5 seasons until this one. > you must have a logical perspective and be patient. There's over 10 champions who haven't gotten a skin for 1000 days. Riot forces champions into play that are stylistically appealing for skins and that is ridiculous for a company pretending to be invested into the game as a "sport".
: > [{quoted}](name=issnutty,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=ENBru35o,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2019-08-17T19:25:18.309+0000) > > Personally, I think this is a great change due to spending most of my time playing with friends, this gives our 5 stack a fun and competitive thing to play for. But you have to ask - what is the Clash push coming at the expense of? There are so many other things that the worker-hours could be dedicated to - instead of this "pie-in-the-sky" idea that some dev/marketer doesn't want to give up on.
Not only that, but let's say that they improved something about stability this time completely ignoring how massively it failed before. Well now the servers are also handling the burden of TFT, which basically is the inherent cause of all the problems from 9.14 on, since they lazily added onto the same client and servers. I mean the two completely different modes don't even have separate settings. Now you're going to put Clash on top of all that when it already crashed and burned before? Riot has a very disproportional amount of ambition versus the reliability of their services. Just this last month I've seen a very concerning amount of AFK due to failure of connection and game crashing. Not to mention the tiny things here and there that make me question whether or not they even have available staff sometimes. They decide to cut Champion Spotlights for new reworks. They have never and will never update game info on their site database. They decide to completely forsake rotating game mode and focus more on money-grab events with lazy missions that don't even feature any interactive gameplay. So many more things. What does it take for you guys to say enough? Where is the standards anymore? I swear Riot's bottom line mentality is driven from the fact that they need to squeeze out as much revenue as possible to pay a bunch of employees who apparently don't even produce anything.
Wuks (NA)
: Each pass will have at maximum 25 Prestige Points available via missions. This means that if you buy a pass and complete the missions from two different events, you'll bank 50 Prestige Points, and so on.
Can you confirm if all events from this point on will offer Prestige Point missions, whether or not they will all be 25 points total, and how many events (from now until PP expire for this season's period) will offer them if not all of them do?
KNÍGHT (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Skreame,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=s7sQZyak,comment-id=000100020001,timestamp=2019-04-03T03:22:26.937+0000) > > If you can't even have a little appreciation and not only that, have the need for an apology, then you have a major issue with priorities in your life. It's a game that allows you to buy extras that don't do anything other than give you a personally added experience if you so choose, and apparently you can't even separate yourself from it enough to see how minuscule that should be to you. Honestly sad. Let's say u have a friend and he wants to sell you something and u want to buy it, let say it is a USB 2.0, he sold that to you for 10$ the next morning u see him selling an USB 3.0 for half the price would still add to your personal experience? would u be happy that ur country applied a new law that a cop can imprisone u for no reason what so ever, just for the sake of the thought of u being a murderer? and let's say that's the exact thing that happend to you, and you still wouldn't expect them to apologies to you??? even after then, them finding out u are not the one they were searching for and that u spent 3months in the cell for nothing? would u still call that a personal experience? would u still say it's crazy to expect them to apologies even tho it was the country who set the law for the sake of best intentions of their citezens??? dont make me laugh
You must be the most delusional person I have ever met to actually compare being falsely imprisoned for a murder and having a game charge a ridiculous price for content that they intend to be rare. You say don't make you laugh, but you sound about as asinine as a child right now and thinking anyone in their right mind would take you seriously is the only joke here. Those analogies aren't even remotely similar, nor do they even represent any sort of resemblance to a similar situation. I can't believe you are actually dumb enough to say 'don't make me laugh' like you have any sort of high-ground in any way with that empty-headed reasoning you are trying to pass off as anything more than the BS that it is. Would you expect an apology if a service being provided to you **for free**, gives you other ways to obtain material cheaper than was originally released for a price you didn't agree with? Would you expect an apology for a change in price for something that you don't need to have in order to use that free service? Would you expect an apology from a company that you said is doing something for money, and is acting in a way that makes them more money **at no forced cost to you**? You must be the most selfish, little, narcissistic brat in the world to have any sort of entitlement in anything regarding this game. I'm honestly surprised anyone can be as short-sighted and small-minded as yourself.
KNÍGHT (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=FOR JUSTICE,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=s7sQZyak,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-02T17:05:07.063+0000) > thank you for listening to us! how can u say "Thank you"??? They should Apologise and not us thanking them, wtf???
If you can't even have a little appreciation and not only that, have the need for an apology, then you have a major issue with priorities in your life. It's a game that allows you to buy extras that don't do anything other than give you a personally added experience if you so choose, and apparently you can't even separate yourself from it enough to see how minuscule that should be to you. Honestly sad.
: April Fools VS. Event Mission List
I absolutely love complaining about things Riot do or don't do, but my god, you people are acting like complete toddlers and are you really that stupid? You didn't figure there was a point to doing one objective over the other? If you wanted to do the Nunu task before control wards, then queue up as Nunu, is it that complicated? You people complain about the stupidest things and make yourselves look like the dumbest playerbase I have ever seen. Talking about fortnite took all the kid or immature players away, but you wannabe adults acting like this is just embarrassing. As if that's not bad enough, complaining about not getting the icon if you can't find a 5 man premade. The icon is a reward.....for completing a mission as a 5 man premade. Why in TF do you people even need the icon if you can't do what it's a reward for? No wonder Riot treats us as a whole like we're dumb af. You people brought us to this point, apparently.
: Prestige already is a pretty subjective topic, what is prestigious to one may not be to another. To me and maybe a few, the skins lose some prestige if they are not tied to an event and are instead released at any given time like the rest of the skins in the game. In the comment you are referring to, if the skins are released every few patches, that means they are likely not being released with an event, which means they become less prestigious in my eyes and more of an indicator of who has more time to play all year. You have brought it up a few times, but I don't think I wrote anywhere that the previous skins independently become less prestigious if more skins are made. In my original comment 'they' refers to the prestige sub-skinline. Even if new prestige skins were made every week, the first two skins retain their own prestige. There is still no question that the original two will be exclusive. > [{quoted}](name=Skreame,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=7UiY1E3J,comment-id=00060007000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-15T23:54:45.378+0000) > >. . . just because two out of three coincided with events doesn't mean they must have a theme of being tied to events. The context in which the original comment was made was before prestige Aatrox was confirmed to be for purchase only. At that time, their theme was that they required the players to play more games to avoid paying $250 for the skin.
> Prestige already is a pretty subjective topic Which means you don't use your own interpretation of what prestige defines, especially when it's not your product. You consider all perceptions objectively, which is my point that you seem to be either not understanding or willfully ignoring. > if the skins are released every few patches, that means they are likely not being released with an event, which means they become less prestigious >I don't think I wrote anywhere that the previous skins independently become less prestigious if more skins are made That makes absolutely no sense. If the sums of the whole do not lose prestige, the whole obviously does not lose prestige. Again, that's just your misunderstood interpretation of the prestige skin line being what you want and it never was to begin with. Can't really simplify it any further for you here.
: I already know that the skins are limited, I wrote that in my reply. I feel like we may be discussing two different topics. My concern with the prestige sub-skinline is that it seems to be losing the theme of being tied to big events.
> My concern with the prestige sub-skinline is that it seems to be losing the theme of being tied to big events. That's not what you said, though; this is what you said. > If they are made every few patches, then they become less prestigious and just who has more time to play league all year. If this prestige skin is bought only with money, then it falls into the money = prestige that skins kind of already are. Like I said, you're pushing your subjective opinion about what is prestigious onto a point that's supposed to be objective. More of them does not make any previous ones less prestigious, and just because two out of three coincided with events doesn't mean they must have a theme of being tied to events.
: Update on Yesterday's Capsule Pricing Error
https://lienminh.garena.vn/thongbao/loi-hop-huyet-nguyet-mo-ban-bang-tinh-hoa-lam And yet Garena, a region with a larger player base, does exactly what you said is not feasable and reverted the 1BE capsules. Nice Meme Riot.
: I don't mind if there are lots of prestige skins eventually made either. There is no doubt that the skins will still be exclusive, I didn't write anything against that either. I wrote this- > [{quoted}](name=musaabali,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=7UiY1E3J,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-01-08T19:33:56.660+0000) > > I understand why Riot would want to make prestige skins, but isn't this starting to be a little too much? If they are made every few patches, then they become less prestigious and just who has more time to play league all year. The concern I had in my comment was about the amount made in the short time frame, assuming that the prestige skins all had their own grinding event.(before we learned that Aatrox would be purchase only). Yes, the skins do gain prestige because they of their exclusivity, there is no denying that, otherwise Pax Twisted Fate would be worthless. But the prestige I mentioned is from the events they were tied to. The skins gained prestige because you got them from grinding in their event. Kai'sa from the whole worlds event, and Akali from the winter event(and the hype from the worlds event). When these two new prestige skins were revealed so close to each other, there is nothing to make us assume Riot won't release more at the same pace(1 per month) with laughable events or even no event, just a prestige skin because they make money.
So like I said before, you're just using your own opinion on the skin line as a whole to make a point, but it's not objective. They could make a new prestigious skin every single week, but Prestigious Kai'sa will still be as limited as it always is and nothing will change that individually. If you just want to make it hard for anyone to have any prestigious skin, the original method that arbitrarily gives it to those who happen to be playing at that moment is a really dumb method as well. If you wanted a truly standardized method that is fair and accounts for exclusivity while promoting hard work or investment, all Riot would have to do is put all the Prestige skins on the ticket system, and give out a ticket along with the usual box reward for getting and S- or higher like they already do for mastery rewards. That makes a maximum of 52 tickets a year on top of whatever tickets you get from purchases, making purchases and extensive playing more equal opportunity, but still not so easy to be arbitrary.
: > [{quoted}](name=WaxLS,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=uk0MeJ18,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-01-12T01:51:25.586+0000) > > This has put me off spending money on RP to be honest, will probably consider it only during sales (like Your Shop) if I REALLY like a skin from now on, for those fortunate enough to get these capsules I envy you, you probably won't have to spend another dime on this game again! why would we not have to spend money? i got 22 which is similar to what most ppl got (a few got around 100 at most) and i got 66 shards but after disenchanting/rerolling thats only like 15-20 skins
> only like 15-20 skins How many skins do you think the average player buys in a whole year? Riot released 59 total in 2018. You going to sit there and pretend that you bought even half of all the skins released last year? Come on now, only 15-20 skins, don't act dumb please.
: I don't think I said anything about the skins becoming less prestigious because of different champions getting their own.
Then the logic follows that if each individual skin does not become available for any kind of sale or way to unlock it after the original event, how does it become less prestigious just because other prestigious skins are created? You're making a false equivalency that prestigious translates to exclusive in number, but it's exclusive in means to obtain or own on an individual basis. No one a year from now is going not admire Prestigious Kai'sa just because someone else owns a completely different Prestigious skin. Makes no sense.
: Update on Yesterday's Capsule Pricing Error
Riot PR: TLDR: "We can manually track accounts that bought capsules with BE, but we won't roll back those specific accounts and we're protecting the people who exploited a bug from losing LP gains" Translation: We don't care, deal with it and keep giving us money. I bought Blood Moon Pyke yesterday after knowing this happened, because I was planning to buy it ever since I saw it on Surrender@20, but in the future, every single time I will want to buy RP for new content, I'll just remember how Riot gave other people more free content than everything I have culminated in this game over the years I have played simply because they are making excuses that it would be difficult for themselves. You know what's difficult? Justifying working labor for money and using it on this joke of a company and it's policies.
: I understand why Riot would want to make prestige skins, but isn't this starting to be a little too much? If they are made every few patches, then they become less prestigious and just who has more time to play league all year. If this prestige skin is bought only with money, then it falls into the money = prestige that skins kind of already are. Edit: A little extra thoughts, The skins seemed prestigious for two reasons. The first is that they are released to celebrate a cool event , the second is that you have to play a lot for them during that event. The K/DA skins made sense, they were part of the biggest event of last year. K/DA Akali was thrown into the snowdown event to catch the tail of the K/DA wave. The bloodmoon skins and firecracker skins are old skinlines, if Riot can make bloodmoon and lunar events seem as cool as K/DA event, then they deserve the prestige status, if they don't, then prestige skins will seem less prestigious and more like the gold character and ability chromas they already are. I dunno if this makes sense or if it is a twitch chat BabyRage type of complaint. I just hope that they are tied to game events and that they are spread out a bit more than 4 in four months. Not every event needs a prestige skin, but if it does get one, make it count.
How would they become less prestigious if it's for a different champ every time? It's not like you can do any future events and get Prestigious Kaisa from them unless Riot decides to bring them back later on.
: Patch 9.1 notes
Ok, I just want to know if you're going to have a blood moon event or what are you going to do to promote tokens or tickets for the Blood Moon Aatrox skin? It doesn't look like you have any gold chromas ready for past blood moon skins, either. I really hope this event has more themed missions or fun aspects to them, because the Snowdown event was actually a small let down if you put nexus blitz aside. You didn't do anything Christmas related to incentivize gifting, and you didn't even bother to have the loot box rewards related to the Snowdown skins or content at all.
: lol i mean i appreciate the concern dude but realistically, there aint nothin you can do to bring someone back so whats the point of leaving in the middle of a game? theres 4 other people that need ya in order to win and im not selfish enough to just get up and leave just cause of some bad news
As objective as you like to think you are being, you are prioritizing a win in a game over the consideration of a death of a family member. That's completely asinine. If you said that you needed to afk for that reason to your teammates, 9 times out of 10, they would sympathize, because they are not narcissistic like you. Making an excuse it's for your teammates, when it's really for you is very unbecoming, too. The only ones who wouldn't accept an AFK like that are also selfish people like yourself. For being so objective, have you ever considered comforting the people around you such as the person who gave you the news of the death or the rest of your family? But oh, they have to wait half an hour to an hour for your video game first. As little as you care about another's life, I'm sure you can see from your pedestal all the way down to the rest of the world and you realize that there are others who are not like that, or at least I would expect as much. Ridiculous logical fallacy here. By your logic, funerals are useless, memorials are useless, and we should just move on and worry only about ourselves, and if you actually agree with that, you're detached to the point that it's an actual issue.
: I had some real bad luck with the crab mission. I didn't have any scuttle races on my account, so I just had to resort to a bot game and killing two drakes.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fEpNXoNb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-20T07:58:56.874+0000) > > I had some real bad luck with the crab mission. I didn't have any scuttle races on my account, so I just had to resort to a bot game and killing two drakes. Yes, unfortunately the non-daily missions are single objective with no other options. Not only that, but if you want all 3 of the available awards, you must do all the non-daily missions, and many of the nexus-part of the dailies.
Comentários de Rioters
: Got perm'd for stating a fact
If you can't stop playing for one single game after all those things you listed happening to you, then maybe you should stop playing, because that sounds like a major life problem and not just a game problem.
GigglesO (NA)
: Instead of buffing adc's
In my opinion, ADC's would be perfectly fine if games lasted longer and tanks were move prevalent in solo-queue. The problem is longer games isn't always desirable from players and buffing tanks usually means they become busted in professional play.
: Your Shop Returns
Yeah this round of my shop is the first time that I was happy to see what I got. Not to say that I was ridiculously lucky with the deals, but I think this is the best version of fair deals vs what I play and want to see. Good job Riot!
: Well, Primetime Drave is also 975. I don't really know for sure why either of them cost less.
> edgy No. Actually and quite literally just not lazy.
: Hey, sorry for the confusion. It looks like we forgot to include a crucial sentence -- once chromas have gone on IP sale once, they'll return every other IP sale. So the ones you missed in the previous sale will return next time. :-) We're currently working on updating this article to reflect that. Sorry about that!
For something you guys deem is crucial, it doesn't look like it bothers you to still go through with something you failed to mention or possibly decide last minute. Now putting it in mind that the sales only happen 2 times a year, this just seems a little bit ridiculous.
: Special skins like this are always on sale for a few weeks. Every 3250 skin has been and most 1820 skins have been recently.
Should probably check things before you type the wrong facts with absolutely nothing to support it, especially when they come from your own made up delusions.
: > [{quoted}](name=Skreame,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=bEhf1EPt,comment-id=000e000d,timestamp=2015-02-09T04:32:29.950+0000) > > I'm thinking you don't understand the difference between game and sport unless you're implying physical activity is more important than mental activity. Games encompass all competitive activities that involve more than one person. A sport is any physical competitive activity that may be individual or otherwise. It's like the graph of two circles that overlap. They are not mutually exclusive; some only fit into one category, while others are both. > > You're trying to use sport as professional or more important in a competitive sense which doesn't really help your case here apart from your own singularly opinionated example. May I ask then, how you feel about school sports or clubs? Those are just games, they are first and foremost for the children's entertainment. So are you teaching them it's just a game by pulling them out of those activities at any time for any reason that you have? If you don't agree with something, just be honest and say it's because you don't care enough and not because caring about it is inherently wrong. Trying to label 'irresponsibility' and make it synonymous with 'being' in regards to children is just excusing the entire existence of a parent. In other words, children are "that way", but they certainly don't have to be or do they? Well it's not my job yet to decide, but neither is it yours, apparently. I said that for some, this game is a sport. Just like a group of 12 year olds can get together and throw a ball around but that doesnt make them nfl players. I think thats a big issue in this game. People are playing for leisure but think they are in the LCS. If a bunch of 12 year olds get together to play a little football and one has to go in for dinner before they officially finish, nobody throws a fit, because its just a game. Obviously nobody is calling Tom Brady in for dinner during the superbowl. These are different animals entirely. You guys need to realize you are playing a video game, no matter how competitive you feel you are in your mind, for leisure. This is what people do in their free time to relax. If you were playing SERIOUSLY and expected your team to act like pros, YOU WOULD HAVE A TEAM. Nobody plays a game with strangers and acts like its the NFL, thats asinine. If you think youre in a competitive sport, then find others who agree with you and have an actual team, but dont find some random kids to play a game with and then get mad when they dont treat it like LCS. Essentially thats the difference between a game and a sport. If youre random queuing with strangers, youre still playing a game.
Well as I stated earlier, you don't understand the difference. I clearly defined both of them for you. While some can we both, they are not interchangeable because of attitude. You completely avoided my question about school sports by the way, as I suspect that doesn't really coincide with your point. They can all be strangers that play together at first too. You're trying to discount the same thing by using the context of kids playing together in a lot. It has nothing to do with what they are doing, but the fact that they are playing as friends in a non match setting that makes it leisurely. They are friends who understood the context and conditions before even starting. This is the same choice players in this game make before starting as well, only the conditions aren't the same. You're trying to switch around the subject with the objective. If you had a phone call from a friend, you could easily cut it short for something like dinner. If you had a call from an interviewer, it's not the same. They are both calls, they are not the same. You are trying to avoid this difference and only acknowledging it in the form of it's extreme like NFL football compared to playing as friends. Let's use a leisurely example then since you are hung up on the sports vs game thing. If your son was in Art club, German club, or something like Band, would you come interrupt one of their activities arbitrarily? Why is that different? The only reason you could ever come up with simply boils down to your own priorities and how much respect you have for those things or who organized them. I have no idea what you think a team signifies about this either. So many of the Olympics sections are a bunch of strangers with no teams; they aren't sports now? You're being so biased about this you are literally putting yourself into a corner on your own.
: It's called a trade in bonus, typically from generation to generation.
I don't think you understand how different those two things are, or you just have no idea what's even going on here. The irony of your analogy when the same situation would translate to someone giving up the legendary bloodlord skin for partial credit in order to spend even more money for soul stealer. You basically just implied that Bloodlord isn't even worth the listed price in this scenario. On a side note, for everyone who actually is stupid enough to fall for things like "trade-in bonus", they are paying you a slightly over the amount you would get for a used item in order for you to buy a brand new item at full price. **Trade-in Bonus** Salesman: "*Hey buddy, buy this new car for the sticker price and we will take your used car off your hands for an extra thousand bucks over it's value to help pay for it!*" Buyer: "*Hey that's awesome!...Wait a second; Isn't that new car going to lose more than a thousand in value instantly as I drive it off the lot? Shouldn't I just buy last years model for a couple thousand less?*" Salesman: "*Shut up stupid and give me your money!*" Buyer: "*Sounds like a deal!*"
: You obviously don't know what the words "imply" and "infer" mean; Only **I** can imply something with my words. Only **you** can infer something from them. I don't care what you inferred, it was wrong. I did not imply what you claim, and only I can make that choice no matter how long you keep talking.
Wow, good job! > [{quoted}](name=Skreame,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=bEhf1EPt,comment-id=003f00000000000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-02-09T06:51:23.487+0000) > > .... **I infer** the **wording implies**, ..... you have no idea how it simply doesn't change the fact that if you mean something else, **you simply write** it in a way that suggests **what you mean**. Well, geez it's like the same thing..... I guess you're not going to address anything else other than your one subjective point though, huh? Weird......Riddle me this then? Let's pretend you mean to say that you are going on a trip to ski. *I'm going on a skiing trip.* These words imply your meaning..... *I'm going on a trip skiing.* These words imply a different meaning because they are either **used wrong** or the **syntax is wrong**...... I just inferred how both written sentences imply one meaning or another **regardless of the intended meaning** ....... If i were to **argue** the inferred meaning by suggesting it does not match the intended meaning making **the whole message pointless**, **insisting** that the intended meaning was not inferred **does nothing**. See how that works? I obviously don't; it must just be conjecture, right?
: Are you done ranting? I find it strange that you can't accept that it's not up to you to decide what I think and say.
As soon as you're done pretending and evading. > [{quoted}](name=Skreame,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=bEhf1EPt,comment-id=003f0000000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2015-02-09T05:23:16.386+0000) > > ...... did you or did you not imply they have a choice; did you or did you not say the connection was unreliable? Unreliable is a term that can only be decided in hindsight or blind reasoning. If something is unreliable to a point of punishment by Riot, do you not consider that to have crossed over to a point of being reliably at fault? **Well?** > [{quoted}](name=Valkyrie Witch,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=bEhf1EPt,comment-id=003f00000000,timestamp=2015-02-08T14:14:43.075+0000) > > Also, if you *know* your internet is unreliable, *do not play with other people*. > [{quoted}](name=Skreame,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=bEhf1EPt,comment-id=003f00000000000200000000,timestamp=2015-02-09T05:00:06.761+0000) > > ...... I will literally just say a statement like "*do not play with other people*" is very pointless and failing to acknowledge the root cause of the issue, rather than just observing the fact that the incident is directly connected to the choice of a person who makes bad decisions. In other words, **expecting a person who can't even take care of one's self to take care of others is putting the cart before the horse**. Does that make sense? **Nothing?** > [{quoted}](name=Valkyrie Witch,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=bEhf1EPt,comment-id=003f00000000000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-02-09T05:43:03.823+0000) > > **I AM THE ONE THAT DECIDES WHAT I THINK AND WHAT I MEANT. NOT YOU.** Apparently, not what you say though. Hmmmm........ When I try to suggest something is wrong with your wording, unless you mean exactly the thing that I infer the wording implies, which is the **whole argumentative purpose**, somehow I feel like you have no idea how it simply doesn't change the fact that if you mean something else, you simply **write it in a way that suggests what you mean**.
: Ya I stopped reading when you accused me of a strawman argument. Do you even know what that is? That would mean I'm trying to invalidate your position by setting up an argument that you can't defend (generally due to not being able to respond). I did not address your position at all, I am defending that I'm not saying what you claim I did. **I AM THE ONE THAT DECIDES WHAT I THINK AND WHAT I MEANT. NOT YOU.**
If rhetorical fallacies are too hard for you, that's fine. If you just Googled, I'm glad you can first acknowledge that it's traditionally setting up an argument that the other can't defend which is usually done by a misrepresentation. For example, I'll just make up a situation. Say I take the literal and suggested meaning from your connotative and denotative use of wording in a sentence, and respond to it with my own points. Then you go and say my inference is wrong even if it isn't, and therefore cannot be applied to your own meaning and is irrelevant. That's a strawman. I'm sorry if this has all been above your pay grade, but I guess I don't understand when people defensively assert a delusion. Since repetition of misguided wording is a theme here, I'm just going to repeat the point of how meaning and bad syntax don't mix. So when I critique your usage of a word and it's meaning, your intended meaning is about as relevant as your opinion to a grammatical ruleset, knowing full well it's going to deaf ears.
: You can keep telling me what you inferred but that won't change what I actually meant.
You can strawman out of it as much as you want too. Lack of syntax, lack of vocabulary, or whatever the case may be, people can mean whatever they want and go and put the words they have at their disposal, but it doesn't always translate to the same thing. I mean really, did you or did you not imply they have a choice; did you or did you not say the connection was unreliable? Unreliable is a term that can only be decided in hindsight or blind reasoning. If something is unreliable to a point of punishment by Riot, do you not consider that to have crossed over to a point of being reliably at fault? Just because you want to take advantage of the not so ambiguous middle ground for the term, it doesn't change the literal denotation. It's this sort of thing that gets me when people use subjective opinion to discredit objective reality.
: No I did not imply that. You inferred incorrectly is what happened. It is obviously a judgement call whether you think your internet is faulty often enough to stop playing or not, and because there are people who don't give a shit and observe poor judgement, Riot must put a limit on how often is too much. And since it is often unpredictable, they also don't punish for it happening only once in a while. The system in place works, end of story.
Yes, you did. You even reiterated it by saying they are able to predict it or rely on it to a reasonable amount to the point of making a decision. Are you following here? As I state again, as apparently need be, either way the system does it's job to remove majorly effective problems. To make this next point clearer though, I will literally just say a statement like "*do not play with other people*" is very pointless and failing to acknowledge the root cause of the issue, rather than just observing the fact that the incident is directly connected to the choice of a person who makes bad decisions. In other words, expecting a person who can't even take care of one's self to take care of others is putting the cart before the horse. Does that make sense?
: This hurts my brain and almost makes me want to stop playing. This is a video game..... like a game..... and games are primarily for? Children. I understand many people treat this like a sport, and for some it is, but most of the people are playing a GAME. Do you know what i want to teach my kids? That games are just games, that life is more important than your mmr, or any other virtual game statistic, and that if you are negatively affected in a meaningful way by a video game you probably wont make it in life. Now I'm with you that they should learn to value the time of people they are playing with, fulfill commitments (no matter how minute), and not be a quitter. Its the idea that there are adults trying to reach out to parents of the children they play video games with to reprimand them for their CHILDREN ruining their GAME that's disturbing me So what I'm saying is, yeah, nobody should waste anyone else's time, but if you have a problem with children acting like children in a video game community, maybe you're the one who needs to grow up.
I'm thinking you don't understand the difference between game and sport unless you're implying physical activity is more important than mental activity. Games encompass all competitive activities that involve more than one person. A sport is any physical competitive activity that may be individual or otherwise. It's like the graph of two circles that overlap. They are not mutually exclusive; some only fit into one category, while others are both. You're trying to use sport as professional or more important in a competitive sense which doesn't really help your case here apart from your own singularly opinionated example. May I ask then, how you feel about school sports or clubs? Those are just games, they are first and foremost for the children's entertainment. So are you teaching them it's just a game by pulling them out of those activities at any time for any reason that you have? If you don't agree with something, just be honest and say it's because you don't care enough and not because caring about it is inherently wrong. Trying to label 'irresponsibility' and make it synonymous with 'being' in regards to children is just excusing the entire existence of a parent. In other words, children are "that way", but they certainly don't have to be or do they? Well it's not my job yet to decide, but neither is it yours, apparently.
Exibir mais

Skreame

Nível 190 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão