Jorban (NA)
: Welcome to Worlds Mission
I go to the VOD section, which now displays games watched in gold and it shows three games watched, yet I get no quest completion. WHY RITO WHY YOU ALWAYS MESS THIS UP? {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
: Teamfight Tactics-- /Dev Update: Your Feedback and the Road Ahead
On smoothing out the item RNG: **YOU NEED A WHOLE LOT OF SMOOTHING OUT THERE** Going into the **FIRST** PvP round against an opponent while carrying a 6-items-to-her-1-item-from-carousel advantage isn't a "feel good" moment. It's a "WTF Rito it does **NOT** feel good when you just hand me a free win out of pure RNG that has nothing to do with me" moment. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: The Final Week Begins
The Faceless Trolls are actually winning, but Rito will never admit that! {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: Faceless aren't first? Damn, the plan's been thrown off a bit...
The Troll population is vastly overestimated. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: Faceless will rise to 1st. Nobody can beat my 4 Aether wisp teemo support with glacial augment
The Trolls will never triumph over the Grinders in a grind contest. Remember, the Grinders are so persistent, they think that after 3,500 games in Bronze, they can grind their way into Silver IV if they just grind another 1,500 games.
Stowens (NA)
: It would be cool to take these numbers at face value but I wonder if these numbers count all the contributions that were lost cuz of the client bug. I was at 18/20 missions complete for the Spawn Ceremony reward and the next time I logged in it was set back to 9
They just have trouble displaying the repeating quest count properly. You actually still have those quest completions. It can show 9, but 1 more quest later, voila, 20-quest quest complete.
: This is League of Legends right? Players that embody unity, never giving up and working together are in the lead Wat?
The Supports may win popularity contests, but the Trolls win games. {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: Trials Update: Week One
The Trolls may be third place, but even the Trolls are doing better than the Whiners.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sorostaran,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lzzvNh6E,comment-id=001b0000,timestamp=2019-05-09T21:13:02.666+0000) > > Rito MMs based on your hidden MMR rather than your Rank. For example, if you have high MMR but start the season late after people in your MMR have already ground back to display Ranks normal for your MMR, you get mostly MMed with them despite your lower display Rank. This is very obvious from grinding alts back up you don't bother with until late into the season. If you are a veteran who keeps getting MMed with "noobs," then you are a veteran whose "noob" MMR has been well established. > > That has everything to do with your Ranked performance and nothing to do with the display Rank system. > > {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}} Nothing you said here is anything other than total gibberish. You clearly don't even understand what I'm saying. Anything that's 'deducing' player's proper skill level is designed by humans, fallible, and game-able. Often also just plain not dependable. There are countless examples of why this MMR system is dumb and pointless, you just defend it because you read other things that sound good and repeat them like a parrot. The only way you will ever have a real idea of people's skill levels is if the difficulty is tied to ascending in rank, and gain/loss is static number of points. Whatever the point number is, you would instantly see a clear pattern in the distribution. It would be THOUSANDS OF TIMES more reliable than the current MMR system, in which lucky games, especially in placement or early in account life, can drastically affect the MMR tied to your account. Why? Because only many games and wins, or an insane win rate plus long life or win rate, could get you into top tiers quickly where there would be vets with thousands of wins at an actual-respectable-close-to-but-over 50% win rate. You shouldn't be able to start a new account and be starting anywhere other than real close to the bottom. You see accounts in silver and bronze with 30% winrates! That should be bottom Iron! It's a fact you have players that have played LoL less than a hundred times in ranked silver games, they have no clue besides what the internet told them. It's obvious, everyone sees it.
> [{quoted}](name=Ambitious Minnow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lzzvNh6E,comment-id=001b00000000,timestamp=2019-05-10T08:45:12.171+0000) > > Nothing you said here is anything other than total gibberish. You clearly don't even understand what I'm saying. Anything that's 'deducing' player's proper skill level is designed by humans, fallible, and game-able. Often also just plain not dependable. There are countless examples of why this MMR system is dumb and pointless, you just defend it because you read other things that sound good and repeat them like a parrot. > > The only way you will ever have a real idea of people's skill levels is if the difficulty is tied to ascending in rank, and gain/loss is static number of points. Whatever the point number is, you would instantly see a clear pattern in the distribution. It would be THOUSANDS OF TIMES more reliable than the current MMR system, in which lucky games, especially in placement or early in account life, can drastically affect the MMR tied to your account. Why? Because only many games and wins, or an insane win rate plus long life or win rate, could get you into top tiers quickly where there would be vets with thousands of wins at an actual-respectable-close-to-but-over 50% win rate. You shouldn't be able to start a new account and be starting anywhere other than real close to the bottom. > > You see accounts in silver and bronze with 30% winrates! That should be bottom Iron! It's a fact you have players that have played LoL less than a hundred times in ranked silver games, they have no clue besides what the internet told them. It's obvious, everyone sees it. What you said was just plain stupid. There are many ways players with 30% win rates can justifiably be in Silver or Bronze or even higher. The certainty with which you believe that these players belong in low Iron knowing only their 30% win rate betrays your stupidity. Not all 30% win rates are created equal. For example, MM might have prior information on the player, suspect that he was a Platinum II level player, and proceed to match him into a high MMR series of games, gradually learning that he was not quite as good as MM expected, but where a low Iron would be expected to win less than 1% instead of 30%. You can bring up several new accounts on 1 co-op FWotD a day each for six months, by the time you start to play Ranked with them, somehow Rito knows they are all smurfs and match you against Gold, Plat, and Diamond players even when they place you in Bronze II to start. Let's say you play 50 games against such competition and win half of them, the system is well justified in skipping you right to high Silver _and_ continuing to give you double the LP gains on wins than LP loss on losses in these games, because you clearly deserve to be higher Rank based on your performance against the competition they MM you with. In the mean time, a player who has played 2,000 games with a well established Bronze I MMR who lucks into high Silver ought to lose twice the LP on a loss than he gains on a win, because he deserves to be in Bronze I. Playing a lot of games just means that MM has higher confidence on your skill level. You can know very little from win rate alone without knowing what kind of games Rito MMed you into to come to that win rate. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: Can rammus make you climb if I stick to him
Of course you can! Rammus is one of the Unholy Trinity(tm) of Climbing Out of Silver(tm). {{champion:11}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:17}}
Kai Guy (NA)
: Tips on how to view teammates less harshly thus tilt less as a player.
One technique has always worked wonders for me: Imagining all your teammates doing everything they do to the tune of Entry of the Gladiators (Vjezd gladiátorů) by Julius Fučík. Yes, that's the music clowns march to in circuses. You can also use Fučík's name as a mantra in times of particularly high teammate stress. To fully appreciate the awesome power of the Fučík mantra, read this short article: http://i.imgur.com/fXSd2kb.jpg This is what awesome people do when they truly seriously honestly don't give a Fučík. {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
: MSI Trial Pass is the greatest deal ever (no satire)
The 18 tokens a game is a Daily(tm) deal. PvP SR wins are worth 12 tokens (6 for losses) and ARAM wins 8 tokens (4 for losses). It's a great deal for buying champions with RP if you have few champions...relative to buying champions normally with RP. Of course, buying champions with RP is like the least cost effective thing you can do in LoL. Non-champion items in LoL take _much_ longer to get without RP than champions do. Contrasting pass RP cost for champion shards with regular RP cost for champions and saying it's so worth it is like getting a $105 steak at an expensive steak house on lady's night and saying it's so worth it because those fancy people charge $795 for the steak on regular nights. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: Blows my mind to see people here defending such a ridiculous system. Common Sense : let's find a system that rewards people for winning and punishes them for losing! Riot: Nah, let's write a complex flawed algorithm to *guess* at people's skill level and help them advance the ranks when they have less than a hundred ranked games and no clue, and to hold a bunch of veterans back with noobs in "Silver" which is pretty much a box of chocolates for what you get for teammates.
> [{quoted}](name=Ambitious Minnow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lzzvNh6E,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2019-05-09T18:40:52.700+0000) > > Blows my mind to see people here defending such a ridiculous system. > > Common Sense : let's find a system that rewards people for winning and punishes them for losing! > > Riot: Nah, let's write a complex flawed algorithm to *guess* at people's skill level and help them advance the ranks when they have less than a hundred ranked games and no clue, and to hold a bunch of veterans back with noobs in "Silver" which is pretty much a box of chocolates for what you get for teammates. Rito MMs based on your hidden MMR rather than your Rank. For example, if you have high MMR but start the season late after people in your MMR have already ground back to display Ranks normal for your MMR, you get mostly MMed with them despite your lower display Rank. This is very obvious from grinding alts back up you don't bother with until late into the season. If you are a veteran who keeps getting MMed with "noobs," then you are a veteran whose "noob" MMR has been well established. That has everything to do with your Ranked performance and nothing to do with the display Rank system. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
Kisumi (EUW)
: 14 days ban
Rito was probably tweaking their inting detection algorithms again and something went wrong. Naturally, the Rito AI determined that you were inting and Heimerdinger was not, but the forum-scavenging Rito law enforcement officers dissented from the AI opinion and determined instead that obviously neither you nor Heimderdinger was inting. {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} You just wait until Rito comes up with automation to detect trolls. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Ornndyr2k19,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lzzvNh6E,comment-id=000300000000000000000000000000020000,timestamp=2019-05-09T00:58:28.322+0000) > > and thats why im telling you that your damn rank doesn't mean anything Right >and you can deduce your mmr easily Wrong. MMR, regardless if it's elo-based or glicko-based or something else, is a mathematical formula. To calculate your own MMR, you need (say, if it's elo based): * Your performance rating (MMR) * The performance rating of everyone else in the game * Use this to calculate an "expected score" for the team (a decimal value from 1.0 to -1.0) - 1.0 means almost certainly wins, -1.0 means almost certainly loses, 0 is coinflip) * Take the game result, (1.0 win, -1.0 loss) with the expected score, and limited by a K factor (the maximum amount of points any one game can change your rating by), recalculate the performance ratings of everyone in the game. There are about a thousand ways that could be happening.. positionally (jg vs jg, top vs top, etc), averaged out, etc * And modify that in whatever other crazy ways Riot might be doing (does your MMR change differently if there was a leaver? If you have a statistically bad team comp or lane matchup? etc) Basically, to get your own MMR, you need your own MMR first, and a bunch of other relevant info. A new account is always going to start at a certain MMR based on rank distribution (usually dead center in the rank distribution, i.e. around silver 2-3), and then move up or down from there. >you want a lose 20 win 20 regardless of skill i get it i get it No, I want you to stop parroting misinformation. The idea that you can reliably know your own MMR without being told it by Riot is ridiculous. There are too many variables to control for.
> [{quoted}](name=Karunamon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lzzvNh6E,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000000200000000,timestamp=2019-05-09T05:05:27.946+0000) > > Right > > Wrong. MMR, regardless if it's elo-based or glicko-based or something else, is a mathematical formula. To calculate your own MMR, you need (say, if it's elo based): > > * Your performance rating (MMR) > * The performance rating of everyone else in the game > * Use this to calculate an "expected score" for the team (a decimal value from 1.0 to -1.0) - 1.0 means almost certainly wins, -1.0 means almost certainly loses, 0 is coinflip) > * Take the game result, (1.0 win, -1.0 loss) with the expected score, and limited by a K factor (the maximum amount of points any one game can change your rating by), recalculate the performance ratings of everyone in the game. > > There are about a thousand ways that could be happening.. positionally (jg vs jg, top vs top, etc), averaged out, etc > > * And modify that in whatever other crazy ways Riot might be doing (does your MMR change differently if there was a leaver? If you have a statistically bad team comp or lane matchup? etc) > > Basically, to get your own MMR, you need your own MMR first, and a bunch of other relevant info. A new account is always going to start at a certain MMR based on rank distribution (usually dead center in the rank distribution, i.e. around silver 2-3), and then move up or down from there. > > No, I want you to stop parroting misinformation. The idea that you can reliably know your own MMR without being told it by Riot is ridiculous. There are too many variables to control for. Tracking wins and losses is indeed not a reliable way to deduce your MMR, since the amount your MMR changes on wins and losses depend on how likely MM thinks you are to win each match based on the MMR of the other players involved. You can go 8-12 and still gain net MMR or go 12-8 and still lose net MMR, for example. However, you pretty much know where your MMR is by comparing your LP gain on a win with your LP loss on a loss. For example, if you are Gold II and your LP gain and loss are similar, that means you have what Rito considers "normal" MMR for Gold II. On the other hand, if your LP gain on a win is much less than your LP loss on a loss, then you have lucked into a Rank well beyond what Rito considers normal for your MMR. If your LP gain doubles your LP loss, then you are about three Ranks below where Rito thinks you ought to be. This happens a lot at the start of season Rank resets. Of course, all of this starts to break down once you start to hit mid Diamond, where the MMR "norms" seem to stop being fixed points. I think this is where Rito switches from basing Rank on fixed MMR "norms" to basing Rank on the shifting MMR of the top segment of players. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: This year so far I've gotten like 5 or 6 of those "Supposed to be very rare" instant feedback reports. Despite having ACTIVELY asked to have a way to never receive them. If you report for valid reasons, people will get punished.
> [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yEdET8EH,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-05-08T00:36:30.380+0000) > > This year so far I've gotten like 5 or 6 of those "Supposed to be very rare" instant feedback reports. Despite having ACTIVELY asked to have a way to never receive them. > > If you report for valid reasons, people will get punished. As I said, Rito can detect and punish bad words, AFK, and some cheats and punish them. Every time I get "instant feedback" punishment, it falls in the category of bad words. That's where that illusion of efficacy comes from. The other stuff, griefing, giving up, trolling, and such, which Rito can't detect through automation, they show no sign of having allocated any man power to punish even the most egregious offenders, unless the offender's wrongdoing gets a whole lot of publicity. Elave literally went 0-248 with Tahm Kench duoing with his Anivia partner LeeHyoJin to grief people with devour and wall and continued to evade punishment, simply because he weaved in wins with Master Yi, before a YouTuber finally brought publicity to his griefing stunts and got Rito to do something. So, yeah, filing reports which don't involve bad language is basically a waste of time. Literally hundreds of games ruined by a single pair of trolls and Rito can't even catch that with the report system until some YouTuber does their jobs for them. {{sticker:sg-janna}}
: I had an interesting thought today at work...
Your math didn't account for duplicates. {{champion:74}}
: Does 3v3 not award any tokens at all?
TT was too efficient at giving out tokens. It had to go. ARAM will probably not give tokens soon. I think they experimented with halving the ARAM token gain last night for a while. I was getting 4 tokens per win instead of 8 for a few games there. I think this is why the token gains have not been posted with the event news entries. This way they can nerf/remove token gains at will without false advertisement issues. {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
: Please stop making us watch LCS/MSI/w/e for quests.
Those are the fastest quests which take the least effort. I mean, you can literally AFK these quests. Even Intro Co-op vs. AI games take longer when you take into account queue, champion select, and load time. {{sticker:sg-janna}}
: Riot intentionally gives lower gains/higher losses in diamond.
This makes neither mathematical nor cosmetic sense. LP and promotion are supposed to be cosmetic emotional buffers for the devs to play with but constantly gravitate toward their corresponding hidden MMR "norms." What cosmetic emotional purpose does LP serve if the average LP of the entire upper echelon of League is designed to decrease as the season progresses and more games are played? Top players who play more games will simply end up with LP more mismatched from their hidden MMR and have less LP than players with the same hidden MMR but play fewer games. {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
: What Should i do When im in promo and my teammate in champ select says "IM TROLL HAHA"
You play out the game, take the loss, and report the troll. The report does absolutely nothing, except give the hardworking Rito employees a good laugh reading your report. Hey, just because you are having a bad day doesn't mean others have to be, too. Put your misery to work improving the lives of disgruntled Rito workers. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: For those of you worried about "false reports".
False reports? Forget that. Even true reports do nothing. The only things Rito punishes you for are chat abuse, leaving, and cheating, which are all AI-automated and have nothing to do with reports. You can literally straight-on troll and ruin hundreds of games with Anivia + Tahm Kench duo indubitably getting reported almost every single time for trolling, and still only got punished when a popular YouTuber made a YouTube video detailing what you did, simply because you didn't say anything in chat, AFK, or run a third party cheat program, violations Rito's could detect with automation. **Reports.** **Do.** **Nothing.** {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: > [{quoted}](name=iamthegoatofwar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cNVPAl3Z,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2019-05-07T19:24:11.932+0000) > > The courts can decide to overlook that part of the contract and with what I've heard they should do so. Huh, can they? Can the court system legally decide to "ignore contractual obligations"?
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cNVPAl3Z,comment-id=00180001,timestamp=2019-05-07T19:52:08.937+0000) > > Huh, can they? Can the court system legally decide to "ignore contractual obligations"? They do it all the time for prenups, so why not for Rito? These contracts are not worth the paper they are printed on where SJW judges' emotions are involved. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
Suzami (NA)
: Had a teammate I wish more people were like
Soraka mains shouldn't know how to ward and stuff. What manner of pervert robs the innocence of a Soraka main by showing her how to ward and stuff? Call the Rito police and report the perp. {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
: Since it's MSI, here's a quick reminder about the NEXUS NA lolesports site
As long as the MSI referees look good, I'm fine with the eSports site aesthetics. {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
: Old Riot balance team vs New Riot balance team. #Shojin
So we have a {{item:3161}} dev who wants URF as a permanent game mode. Kha'Zix and Zed are never around to provide cleaning service when you need it. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
hoganftw (NA)
: How to win Solo Queue Games: Treat your teammates like dogs.
League teammates aren't dogs. Dogs understand words; League teammates don't. Words are irritants, not means of communication. Even nice or simple words like "good job" or "follow me" can trigger severe irrational immune responses due to the ubiquitous League autoimmune diseases. Just use a League training clicker, otherwise known as The Ping(tm). Be careful not to overuse it, though, or their brains may explode. See, the thing is, extremely rare League teammates without League autoimmune diseases who won't React Negatively to Firm and Calm Authority(tm) will react to The Ping(tm) just as well, while regular League teammates will React Negatively to Firm and Calm Authority(tm) less often. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: ( Prove Me Wrong ) Your promotional game shouldn't count as a loss if a non premade doesn't connect
As an anti-frustration measure, the benefits of a one dodge allowance per promotion series almost certainly outweighs the drawbacks. It's a small increase in average wasted time on dodges for everybody, but that is a price I think most non-trolls are willing to pay. The problem, though, is that trolls will not be happy with this. They can't look up your promotion status and ruin it for you. I guess the real question is, what do trolls think of this? Is it being too harsh on trolls? Does this significantly impact trolls' quality of life in League? What are some of the trolls' concerns about this proposal? {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: The State of Nidalee (super minion after 25 minutes)
This is why I keep saying when Rito asks that, despite my enjoyment of the game, I will no longer recommend League of Legends to others. It always goes badly and I get blamed for wasting friends' time. Rito just keeps adding pointlessly toxic mechanics like these to complicate the game for apparently nothing but complexity's sake. Everybody I got to play League of Legends ended up quitting soon after. Not only are these kinds of unnecessary complexity toxic, but they also makes it extremely taxing to learn the game by playing it. If I didn't look up Nidalee in an encyclopedia-wiki, then I couldn't even guess how the frog the champion's signature power budget buy worked by seeing it in action against me. If you haven't been here incrementally reading patch notes for years absorbing all the nonsense Rito has been cramming into the game, then to learn this game is more like getting an associate degree in paralegal studies than having a few evenings' fun with friends. If Rito is serious about growing this game beyond its long-time player base, then they really need to revert these kinds of reworks and stop making these kinds of reworks in the future. The old Nidalee was a simple but elegant beast of a design; the new Nidalee became a niche one-trick. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: I understand this mechanism but I have gone on extended win streaks only to see my LP win/loss gain rate remain the same or get worse. Whatever goes into MMR is certainly NOT just winning or losing and if it is then it's definitely not working as it should.
> [{quoted}](name=Hurricane Munroe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XtqYJIlG,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2019-04-07T01:40:49.399+0000) > > I understand this mechanism but I have gone on extended win streaks only to see my LP win/loss gain rate remain the same or get worse. Whatever goes into MMR is certainly NOT just winning or losing and if it is then it's definitely not working as it should. Win streaks don't necessarily bring your hidden MMR closer to your Rank; gaining more hidden MMR than you gain Rank does. Uninterrupted win streaks can actually make things worse. See, it all depends on how much Rank you are gaining relative to the hidden MMR you are gaining from the wins. How much hidden MMR you gain or lose depends on how likely MM thinks your team is to win based on you, your allies, and your opponents' hidden MMR. Win streaks often happen when you get a sequence of games with many of them being lopsidedly MMed in your favor, for which you gain little MMR, not even worth the reduced minimum LP you gain for those wins, thus exacerbating the phenomenon. > [{quoted}](name=Hurricane Munroe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XtqYJIlG,comment-id=000d00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-08T23:09:09.559+0000) > > And that I think is the issue. Dramatic falls are taking place and no gains at all. I would much rather be stagnant at 50% than losing progress where two wins are negated by one loss. The system as it stands right now is far too punitive to make the climb even remotely enjoyable. It is quite frustrating. If MMR is basically controlling where you even are or should be in the first place, why even have a progressive ranking system since it fights so hard to keep you progressing? Yes, it ultimately comes down to the question of why have a "progressive" ranking system instead of a transparent equilibrial MMR system. The short answer is to create the illusion of "progress" for players whose skills aren't actually progressing because players generally enjoy the feeling of "progress." Mechanics such as seasonal resets and (failed) promotion series allow for the ephemeral illusion of progress even if you aren't getting better. Once you play enough, however, you eventually reach your equilibrium point. If you continue to play, you may luck far enough above your equilibrium point for some more feelings of progress, but then lucking out further becomes astronomically unlikely. The illusion of progress ultimately does not survive the reality that the "progressive" Rank system is _not actually progressive_ underneath. That is ultimately the cause of the stall: The "progressive" Rank system is not a progressive system at its core. Don't focus on grinding further. That's counterproductive once you have lucked way past your equilibrium point (as your LP gain/loss screams this fact in your face). Focus on improving your game if you want to progress further. Credit where credit is due though, the "progressive" Rank system has succeeded in lying to you about its "progressive" nature all this time, but now you stand close to the very limits of its power to obfuscate. The only probable way forward for more progress is to prove Rito wrong about how good you are by being better than you have been. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: The ranking system is broken
Basically, your hidden MMR is what's important in the long run. It determines where Rito wants you to be rank-wise (which is why dodging troll games in Ranked helps you in the long run even though it's guaranteed LP loss). There are several "feel" mechanics in Rito's rank system which cause your hidden MMR and your rank to diverge. If your hidden MMR is higher than the "intendned MMR" for your current rank, then you gain more LP in wins than you lose in losses; if your hidden MMR is lower than the "intended MMR" for your current rank, then you lose more LP in losses than you gain in wins. Essentially, based on your hidden MMR, Rito doesn't think you deserve your current rank. Your LP gain/loss will level out when: 1) You fall back to a rank more commensurate with your hidden MMR. 2) You prove Rito wrong by improving your hidden MMR (or, as you say, **WIN MORE**). {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
Brindar (NA)
: Hextech Jarvan walk animation
Have you seen Ezreal walk since his "rework"? I think it will be revealed later in lore that Ryze and Ezreal have been replaced by shapeshifters of Zac's species. {{champion:74}}
Kattzy (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=LynchLuxPlayers,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dww5HAR8,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-19T05:27:12.171+0000) > > They're all Lux players I've been playing a lot of Lux support and something I noticed is that Riot's recommended starting item for her is Doran's Ring. What the heck, Riot? Why would you have this recommended for supp Lux? It probably makes some Lux players think that's the right way to go when really it hobbles the team (less gold, less vision). I always go in and search for Spellthief's but I bet the recommended start affects a lot of player's builds. Please update this, Riot!
> [{quoted}](name=Kattzy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dww5HAR8,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-02-19T18:54:31.988+0000) > > I've been playing a lot of Lux support and something I noticed is that Riot's recommended starting item for her is Doran's Ring. What the heck, Riot? Why would you have this recommended for supp Lux? It probably makes some Lux players think that's the right way to go when really it hobbles the team (less gold, less vision). I always go in and search for Spellthief's but I bet the recommended start affects a lot of player's builds. Please update this, Riot! After the latest nerfs, even Rito's own item suggestion doesn't think it's worth buying anymore. =S {{champion:74}}
: Can we corale mages out of the support position
Currently, Anivia, Ashe, Gangplank, Heimerdinger, Orianna, Syndra, and Zyra are all _officially_ tagged as **Support** by Rito. You think not getting heals and shields from support Brand is bad, wait until you experience happy fun support Gangplank. {{champion:74}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Sorostaran,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Tu0VzhdE,comment-id=002f00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-14T19:52:07.035+0000) > > If that's the case, then you surely make for a Challenger level support, being so much more knowledgeable and mechanically skilled than these Diamond whipping girls getting carried to top 2% by their boyfriends. Surely two highly knowledgeable and mechanically skilled players in the lane have an insurmountable advantage over one. You ought to shit all over them. > > Surely we can take on faith that you aren't because what...you consider it unsportsmanlike to take candy from babies? Well, guess what? The fact that you are not speaks to the fact that your ability to assess other players' abilities, especially for the whipping girl role, is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of Iron II at best. > > That's the actual evidence that you haven't got the first clue about the whipping girl role. > > {{champion:74}} https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=aphromoo LCS level support main that LOST nearly 100% games that werent on his prefered role. https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=imaqtpie flex player that didnt loose SINGLE SUPPORT GAME. Even thought there is only one game for that matter. https://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=motivator+wuce top of the ladder on EUW support main that has 44% win rate on his secondary champion https://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=Thebausffs top of the ladder top/jungle main whose most autofilled support is on 60% win rate And yeah You could say I am nitpicking flexible players and not onetricks such as tyler who absolutely suck at anything that isnt adc. But I have yet to find one support main that doesnt onetrick one class of supports, one champion and doing good on anything that isnt support. https://euw.op.gg/summoner/champions/userName=Schuhbart Here is example of sona onetrick that couldn reach master tier before he started onetricking sona.
> [{quoted}](name=SuffocateMeDaddy,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Tu0VzhdE,comment-id=002f000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-14T23:37:52.086+0000) > > https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=aphromoo > LCS level support main that LOST nearly 100% games that werent on his prefered role. > https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=imaqtpie > flex player that didnt loose SINGLE SUPPORT GAME. Even thought there is only one game for that matter. > https://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=motivator+wuce > top of the ladder on EUW support main that has 44% win rate on his secondary champion > https://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=Thebausffs > top of the ladder top/jungle main whose most autofilled support is on 60% win rate > > And yeah You could say I am nitpicking flexible players and not onetricks such as tyler who absolutely suck at anything that isnt adc. But I have yet to find one support main that doesnt onetrick one class of supports, one champion and doing good on anything that isnt support. > > https://euw.op.gg/summoner/champions/userName=Schuhbart > Here is example of sona onetrick that couldn reach master tier before he started onetricking sona. So? Despite all your _supposedly_ superior game knowledge and mechanical skills, you still don't play support at Aphromoo's level, or Challenger level, or Grandmaster level, or Master level, or even Diamond II level. I mean, it's no surprise considering that you think what separates Platinum whipping girls from Diamond is knowing to roam mid on ADC backing when more than a third of the Silver whipping girls even know to do that. This is what happens when players get carried by their mechanical skills and some important fragments of game knowledge and become blind to everything else. All that you have managed to do here is to provide us with ample evidence that the whipping girl role requires a different set of skills you, by your own unwitting admission, don't have the first clue about. {{champion:74}}
AR URF (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Sorostaran,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EpjYstZ5,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-02-14T18:32:19.148+0000) > > The confirmation bias here is with you seeing a good argument where none exists. I've never claimed yasuo was weak or strong. But people won't be satisfied until he's like at a 40% win rate and none existent. That to me is confirmation bias because they hate the champ no matter how op or up he is.
> [{quoted}](name=AR URF,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EpjYstZ5,comment-id=000c00000000,timestamp=2019-02-14T18:34:46.971+0000) > > I've never claimed yasuo was weak or strong. But people won't be satisfied until he's like at a 40% win rate and none existent. That to me is confirmation bias because they hate the champ no matter how op or up he is. Aside from the confirmation bias in seeing a good argument where none exists, there is also the confirmation bias in seeing confirmation bias in all the people only satisfied with a sub-40%/non-existent Yasuo where few such people actually exist here. {{champion:53}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Ale non è male,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Tu0VzhdE,comment-id=002f000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-14T17:38:34.331+0000) > > Well, the pros which are actually the guys that plays League the best in the world, have pretty often the support as the role that makes the call. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT Fucking Faker started his career as a support main on SKT but then he was put on mid lane because of his lack of skill THATS FUCKING RIGHT. >And IS NOT because they can afford to watch map more, literaly every player watch the other lanes other than their own No they dont. Have you ever played 35 minute game when both teams are equally farmed up? Did you fuck up just once in that game? Did that fuck up loose you the game? LCS professionals will abuse one mistake you did in lane 30 seconds ago. Forgot to put up ward? Get ganked. Fucked up minion wave? Get outleveled and insta dove lvl 6 with no counter play. > The fact that there are a lot of bad soloQ supports do not change that because you say so. The fact is that every 3rd solo que diamond 5 support main is Janna player that shielded her adc with optimal build with optimal frequency. Imagine if 1/3rd of jungle mains in diamond was master yi main that did same exact thing EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GAMe. Imagine if 1/3 of top lane mains were tryndamere mains without any wave management skills. Thats the state of support and enchanters. > Well, actually supports calls tend to be ignored by players in other roles in SoloQ because they think they should command the team since they are the carries, If I had to choose to listen to someone who plays flex champs every game has at least 5 different picks for his role, played 560 games, swaps roles regularly, and dude that plays different variations of Janna, MY CHOICE IS CLEAR. Huge portion of support mains ARE FUCKING CLUELESS. Best shot callers in solo que are MID LANERS BECAUSE THEY ROAM ENTIRE FUCKING GAME AND CAN ESTIMATE POWER LEVELS OF CHAMPIONS ON THEIR TEAMS MUCH MORE CONSISTENTLY THAN ANYONE ELSE, AND JUNGLERS FOR SAME FUCKING REASON. And this is comming from someone who plays exclusively top lane and doesnt fucking bother checking who is fed and when he is fed. I admire people who can shotcall. But it aint support players. At least not in solo que. >so if you are going to go down that reasoning pipeline, I'd say that it is really a 2 way street, and there are just a ton of people that do not care about playing wall/are dumb/are assholes/just suck in all elos at all roles, so I suspect you get a ton of negative bias pinpointing a supposed lack of knowledge specifically on supports Supports lack knowledge. Egirls getting carried to top 2% by their boyfriend be my evidence. My friend failing at every role but support be my evidence. Numerous egirls playing 3 different variations of janna be my evidence. SHOW ME ONE SUPPORT MAIN THAT HAS SAME LEVEL OF SUCCESS ON OTHER LANES.
> [{quoted}](name=SuffocateMeDaddy,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Tu0VzhdE,comment-id=002f0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-14T17:54:06.886+0000) > > YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT Fucking Faker started his career as a support main on SKT but then he was put on mid lane because of his lack of skill THATS FUCKING RIGHT. > > No they dont. Have you ever played 35 minute game when both teams are equally farmed up? Did you fuck up just once in that game? Did that fuck up loose you the game? LCS professionals will abuse one mistake you did in lane 30 seconds ago. Forgot to put up ward? Get ganked. Fucked up minion wave? Get outleveled and insta dove lvl 6 with no counter play. > > The fact is that every 3rd solo que diamond 5 support main is Janna player that shielded her adc with optimal build with optimal frequency. Imagine if 1/3rd of jungle mains in diamond was master yi main that did same exact thing EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GAMe. Imagine if 1/3 of top lane mains were tryndamere mains without any wave management skills. Thats the state of support and enchanters. > > If I had to choose to listen to someone who plays flex champs every game has at least 5 different picks for his role, played 560 games, swaps roles regularly, and dude that plays different variations of Janna, MY CHOICE IS CLEAR. Huge portion of support mains ARE FUCKING CLUELESS. Best shot callers in solo que are MID LANERS BECAUSE THEY ROAM ENTIRE FUCKING GAME AND CAN ESTIMATE POWER LEVELS OF CHAMPIONS ON THEIR TEAMS MUCH MORE CONSISTENTLY THAN ANYONE ELSE, AND JUNGLERS FOR SAME FUCKING REASON. And this is comming from someone who plays exclusively top lane and doesnt fucking bother checking who is fed and when he is fed. I admire people who can shotcall. But it aint support players. At least not in solo que. > > Supports lack knowledge. Egirls getting carried to top 2% by their boyfriend be my evidence. My friend failing at every role but support be my evidence. Numerous egirls playing 3 different variations of janna be my evidence. SHOW ME ONE SUPPORT MAIN THAT HAS SAME LEVEL OF SUCCESS ON OTHER LANES. If that's the case, then you surely make for a Challenger level support, being so much more knowledgeable and mechanically skilled than these Diamond whipping girls getting carried to top 2% by their boyfriends. Surely two highly knowledgeable and mechanically skilled players in the lane have an insurmountable advantage over one. You ought to shit all over them. Surely we can take on faith that you aren't because what...you consider it unsportsmanlike to take candy from babies? Well, guess what? The fact that you are not speaks to the fact that your ability to assess other players' abilities, especially for the whipping girl role, is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of Iron II at best. That's the actual evidence that you haven't got the first clue about the whipping girl role. {{champion:74}}
AR URF (NA)
: More like the bias that the boards have toward yasuo annoys me. When someone puts a good argument, people just down vote because confirmation bias.
> [{quoted}](name=AR URF,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EpjYstZ5,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-02-14T18:10:13.276+0000) > > More like the bias that the boards have toward yasuo annoys me. When someone puts a good argument, people just down vote because confirmation bias. The confirmation bias here is with you seeing a good argument where none exists.
Haziv (EUW)
: After Mordekaiser VGU i hope his pizza feet brother Dr.Mundo will be next in line !
Is the Ryze/Ezreal VGU "artist" an ex-Ritoer yet? {{champion:74}}
Kadexe (NA)
: So... basically all the support items were brought into line with Relic Shield? I don't see the problem.
> [{quoted}](name=Kadexe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Tu0VzhdE,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2019-02-13T19:46:55.047+0000) > > So... basically all the support items were brought into line with Relic Shield? I don't see the problem. No, that's not correct. It's quite the opposite actually. Relic Shield was already borderline OP contrasted with Spellthief and Coin, especially if you were good at evaluating support matchups and adjusted your runes accordingly. This change didn't bring Spellthief and Coin closer into line with Relic Shield; it brought Spellthief and Coin _further away from the line_ Relic Shield has set. Ultimately, though, it's like many have pointed out, the key points are: 1) This whole fringe equation barely reaching par was entirely enabled by the new ludicrous "visionary" Bounty system. Reverting this feel-bad mechanic alone will completely solve the issue. Before this insane mechanic of farming minions for your opponents' benefit, there was no way in hell letting entire waves of minions go unfarmed could get _anywhere_ close to the neighborhood of viable, gold gen item, Klepto, and all. 2) This wasn't like the funneling strategy which was so good that it became the norm in pro play and was winning; this was a _fringe_ strategy that _barely_ even worked at all. To "heavy-hand" the gaming experience of many support champions instead of tackling the Bounty nonsense that created the problem in the first place spoke to Rito's poor sense of scale and instinctual lack of consideration for the whipping girl role. {{champion:99}}
KyraSun (EUNE)
: Skin ideas?
{{champion:17}} **Little Devil Teemo Prestige Edition** - Make gold and white hellish, please. {{champion:10}} **Full Size Kayle** - We have 3'11" 42 lbs. Kayle, but I want a full size Kayle. {{champion:74}} **Heartseeker Heimerdinger** - Enough pink particles to destroy the universe twice over. Flower overload. {{champion:32}} **Quadrakill Amumu** - Somebody stole his penta, obviously.
: Activision Blizzard let go ~800 employees despite having higher profits than ever
Those 800 American employees are redundant now that NetEase is doing game work for Blizzard in China. {{item:3400}} {{item:3400}} {{item:3400}}
: Kayle and Morgana Rework
Morgana is my second most played support and Kayle has been a favorite. I'm dreading these reworks and I want them to be over with already. Don't hang this over us, Rito! Drop the hammer already! {{sticker:sg-soraka}} Although, the Kayle visual update couldn't _possibly_ be worse than the last Kayle visual update that made her into this tiny 3'11" 42 lbs. soaking wet naked without armor girl, could it? Well, probably not, unless they get the Ryze/Ezreal visual update "artist" to work on her and she starts to move like Zac too. The blob bodysnatcher invasion is real! First they got Ryze, then Twisted Fate and Ezreal. Kayle and Morgana shall soon be replaced by blob pod people too. {{champion:74}}
: Smurfs in Solo Queue.
I won a game where it was **Gold I + Gold II + Gold III + Gold IV + Silver I** versus opponent **Diamond IV + Platinum II + Platinum IV + Platinum IV + Gold II** thanks to smurfs. So, maybe there is some method to the MM madness and smurfs aren't such dreadful things after all. {{champion:74}}
: Remember, apples are a sin.
In a game where a preteen asks everybody she runs into if they have seen her bare tibbers, girls holding apples are forbidden? Say it ain't so! {{champion:1}}
: do people even know why they started doing the 0 cs strategy top lane? its because Riot destroyed the advantage of wave control and cs leads by adding bounties.. "oh im ahead of my laner in cs better give me a bounty so they can catch up even though i controlled the wave and zoned them out by playing properly!"
> [{quoted}](name=Not a Neeko Main,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wLWJVH8U,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-02-13T21:12:15.757+0000) > > do people even know why they started doing the 0 cs strategy top lane? its because Riot destroyed the advantage of wave control and cs leads by adding bounties.. "oh im ahead of my laner in cs better give me a bounty so they can catch up even though i controlled the wave and zoned them out by playing properly!" Gold items not getting figured into the Bounty was a huge part of what enabled this fringe equation. Several unhealthy bad design decisions went into making this semi-viable, but of course support gets the blame. The new Bounty system is truly unhealthy and is directly responsible for this pathology. You punish people for last hitting better, you encourage people to find ways to avoid last hitting. How unhealthy is that? Of course, Rito would never admit that. Their design instinct is just to go straight for the whipping girl role. Not only is the new Bounty system unhealthy, but it feels bad, too. You out last hitting your opponent to give them a better Bounty. Just plain feel bad on top of being unhealthy. This fringe case was enabled by a combination of the new unhealthy Bounty system and the new Kleptomancy rune, but what do they nerf? The whipping girl, of course. Why admit that their new unhealthy visionary changes are to blame when they can just nerf support without a second thought beyond the support nerfs not being "big nerfs"? No contest really. {{champion:37}}
: Wtf? Support items? Just wow.
The whole thing is utter stupidity. The support role is already too other-player-dependent to be enjoyable for most players. Out of **ALL** the many different ways Rito had at its disposal to solve this **TOP LANE** issue that's not even much of an issue, they could not quick-fix with one that wouldn't exacerbate the worst issue with **BY FAR** the least desirable role in the game? I call BS for not even trying. This was a pure knee jerk reflex automatic response of not caring how much they screw over the whipping girl role for the slightest benefit of another role, any other role, or even a tiny group of users of a single friggin' rune. I mean, if this was like the funneling strategy where it had become the _de facto_ standard, then I could _almost_ understand negatively impacting over half of an entire role this much for a quick fix, but this wasn't even that. It was a **FRINGE** friggin' **OPTION** used **ONCE** in pro play **IN A LOSS** and they immediately "heavy-hand" right on over an entire chunks of supports because by pure design instinct the support experience simply matters jack and shit to Rito. And they wonder why it's always support that gets the lion's share of the autofills. The whipping girl role indeed. How about "heavy-handing" on a rune instead? Oh, no, they couldn't possibly do that. Some people whose gaming experience actually mattered might be negatively impacted. Well, enjoy the autofills. {{champion:74}}
: Mute the team and play "support" ({{champion:99}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:143}} )
> [{quoted}](name=PTZekrom69,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xAtRXQha,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2019-02-13T20:28:13.279+0000) > > Mute the team and play "support" ({{champion:99}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:143}} ) Hey, I resent that! {{champion:143}}
: From one support to another; how do y'all keep your cool?
I use an advanced cooling technique: I imagine my ADC (and, indeed, each of my other teammates) as a woman who is no longer in her 20s, doing everything she does to the tune of _Entrance of the Gladiators_ by _Julius Fucik_ (search for it on YouTube, listen, and memorize if you need). My inexhaustible supply of profound pity for women who have just lost their attractiveness and the music allow me to stay cool through even the most challenging times with the most frustrating lane partners (just don't start humming the tune if you are on voice chat because it may tilt teammates). If you need a little extra oomph, then you can also just say the name of the composer out loud, "Julius. Fucik! Julius. _Fucik! Fucik!_ Fucik!" {{champion:74}}
Yenn (NA)
: It's 2019 and choosing your secondary runes is still some of the worst UX in the world
UI staff: **2** Rito employees Skin staff: **2,352** Rito employees Still can't drag-and-drop to reorder your Item Sets collections. Export/Import Item Sets still doesn't copy slot positions. Don't worry, though, by federal law every three Prestige Edition skins Rito releases we are supposedly guaranteed one UI fix, or Rito has to pay a $1,200 fine per fix skipped. Oh wait, Rito just keeps paying the fines and laughs maniacally! WTF! {{sticker:sg-janna}} Also, Heimerdinger's turrets still consistently get stuck at full charge, unable ever to fire another beam attack. That major bug has been there for more than **20** patches. Count 'em. A known major bug makes it through more than **20** patches! What in the livin' heck!? Perhaps it's time to double Rito engineering department staff to 8 people? {{champion:74}} starts buying {{item:3003}} over {{item:3285}} so the free {{item:3070}} Rito hands out doesn't go to waste.
Exibir mais

Sorostaran

Nível 189 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão