: Senna Being the Next Champ is the Perfect 10th Anniversery Champion
And the best part? All this is going down in spook mother fucking tober
: > [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RyEjRZbs,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-13T17:03:05.468+0000) > > I'm ngl, I kinda just hope people forget shaco got buffed cause frelo is nice If you are one of those person who abuse a champ to get '' frelo'' like you say it, you are a jerk.
> [{quoted}](name=Quinn Is Bae,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RyEjRZbs,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-10-14T01:58:02.641+0000) > > If you are one of those person who abuse a champ to get '' frelo'' like you say it, you are a jerk. So I'd be a jerk for playing something Riot made? Get off your high horse lol, any champion can be called cancer.
: I agree Shaco was left in a poor state and he deserved love..
I'm ngl, I kinda just hope people forget shaco got buffed cause frelo is nice
: New LoL Launcher...It's not bad!
Yeah it's pretty cool, I had it before but it put me back on old client and I'm not sure why lol
: Seeing as the new Champion was teased with the Black Mist, can we expect updates to Shadow Isles?
I noticed that yesterday and I had no idea it was a thing, and I can't tell you how excited I am lol. I am an absolute SUCKER for in game teasers of new champions.
Washëd (NA)
: Dont Say Hong Kong? Stop buying Skins.
https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/esports/iYhZywEP-riot-cactopus-makes-an-official-statement-about-hka-and-announcers
: Worst world champion song ever in 5 year.
I think it'd a good song and video, I just think that 1. People had stupid high expectations 2. People are biased 3. People hate on it for attention like most other things
: pls make Candy Kayn a thing
While I don't really know about the whole legendary thing because yknow his ONLY NON RELEASE SKIN IS LEGENDARY, I do think it's a cool idea beyond just the name pun. Going with a more..league-y concept, imagine Rhaast's theme being similar to dark candy fiddle, while Kayn's is more ice and snow related like the rest of snowdown. Maybe because he's an edgy boy it can be dark ice idk.
Koiyaki (NA)
: Local Nami OTP actually likes candy corn
Pale Mask (EUW)
: Which is the best basic magic type?
Speaking in terms of just mages fighting..well considering I don't really know the abilities of celestial and spirit, I'd say elemental. Purely because Lightning and light magic are well..fast..very. It's a pretty shallow guess, but that goes to show what I know of the magics
: > [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=w73Hgf5E,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-09-14T16:56:51.951+0000) > > A lot of people in posts like these used to say "League USED to be great, League USED to be so much fun! Then Riot changed it and now it's shit!". They never fail to point this out. Funny part is though, no one can ever seem to really pin down when LoL was universally "fun and balanced". Why? Because it never was. I started in season 5, and back in season 5 I thought LoL was super fun every game and was amazing. Now I don't hate the game, but I can definitely see more of its flaws. What if, I don't know, when you're newer to the game, you don't understand the game enough to hate and instead just play it to have fun like any other game? Because if you try to tell me that any point in league history was perfectly balanced, you're a liar and you know it. Were past seasons perhaps more fun to certain people? Sure. Whether it be nostalgia or simply what I put above, whether the game was more "fun" is entirely up to them. Why? Because "fun" is an opinion, not an arguing tool. About any veteran will tell you season 3-5 was the best years of the game lol. You started when it was beginning it's serious decline so of course it never seemed good for you, but not everyone has fun being clueless in a game either. You're hypocritical though, saying "Funny part is though, no one can ever seem to really pin down when LoL was universally "fun and balanced". Why? Because it never was." but follow up with "Why? Because "fun" is an opinion, not an arguing tool."
> [{quoted}](name=ZT Xperimentor,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=w73Hgf5E,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-09-30T07:41:35.543+0000) > > About any veteran will tell you season 3-5 was the best years of the game lol. You started when it was beginning it's serious decline so of course it never seemed good for you, but not everyone has fun being clueless in a game either. > You're hypocritical though, saying "Funny part is though, no one can ever seem to really pin down when LoL was universally "fun and balanced". Why? Because it never was." but follow up with "Why? Because "fun" is an opinion, not an arguing tool." Yes because playing during a certain time or being a "veteran" makes your opinion more valid. Also what you pointed out isn't hypocritical in any way
: Time to admit that the blitz buffs were a HUGE mistake!
I mean sure, it's definitely a good buff, but it was just a 100 range increase. Everything that makes blitz annoying has been there for a while, the 100 is nice but it's not what makes him stupid to play against.
bCnUpton (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bad Footwear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zVw2hANh,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-28T22:36:00.792+0000) > > Thank god you haven't moved on to dota 2, what a tragedy that would be... And why would that be a thing? Dota's developers listen to their players, have a far better state of balance although with a different philosophy, and have of recent been working hard on improving their matchmaking. Toxic players are also dealt with better there.
> [{quoted}](name=bCnUpton,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zVw2hANh,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-29T00:43:39.039+0000) > > And why would that be a thing? Dota's developers listen to their players, have a far better state of balance although with a different philosophy, and have of recent been working hard on improving their matchmaking. Toxic players are also dealt with better there. King of comedy you are
: "Thanks to her hextech heart, Camille has managed to retain some of her youthful looks..."
Slavč (EUW)
: PLS REVERT MORDEKAISER!!!
"His passive is just uh aoe damage" It's not , but the funny thing is old morde also had the death circle that had healing and ally targetting. Wow, so different and unoriginal "His Q is just like Darius's" In what universe "The heal on W is pointless" It's not? the point of the heal is to consume the shield if you aren't going to be able to use it.. "The E is just darius pull but worse" They are actually somewhat similar on paper, but saying they are the same ability more or less is pretty untrue "His ult is just boring" I don't know about you, but the ability to banish some poor adc to the shadow realm is a pretty damn fun ability to me. And sure, you can cheese it with qss or zhonyas, but that's a lot of abilities in the game. Target someone else, or idk acknowledge the idea that if a high priority target wastes their saving grace items on your ult, your team can do whatever they want to them "New morde is just boring, old morde was super interesting and cool" 1. Boring and interesting are a matter of opinion 2. If old morde was such an amazing character, why was he rarely played? I wasn't a 50 million master Morde og hipster, but I did play him to lvl 5 just for kicks before the rework. And calling old morde "interesting" as an argument is pure bias and not even a real argument. And plus imo it ain't even true. We get it, lots of people get pissed when their main gets reworked. Whenever it happens, suddenly that champion was the best and most interesting champion in the game who had no flaws, and the new rework is the devil. If you don't like the new version, that's your opinion. Sucks that what you learned to play got scrapped, but at the end of the day you most certainly should have seen it coming. Kind of sounds like I'm coming off as a dick here, but you're lying if you say that this doesn't happen EVERY SINGLE TIME a rework happens. It's honestly getting old and annoying at this point, if it wasn't already a long time ago.
TehNACHO (NA)
: If we're talking about Macroplay, in my opinion as a Jungler, the game is actually rather slow, and in a meaningful way. The first 10 minutes of the game is incredibly difficult to take towers, the first 20 is just as so to take interior or Inhib towers, if you intentionally play a strategic game of: Identifying snowballing lanes and investing in them early game Breaking down outer turrets and establishing dragon/baron control mid game Adapt as a team comp for win conditions late game That's easily a 30 minute struggle at the bare minimum. Yeah, it's not the hour long games of Season 4, but I don't think people honestly miss that since it really boiled down to 'nothing matters for 30 minutes' to Ziggs/Xerath stall for another 20 minutes to 'Don't you fucking dare die past the 50 minute mark'. Maybe you can argue each of these phases could be longer, but it's still pretty good imo. Now if we're talking about closer to Microplay, while I do admit damage is high, I want to stress that people, as a whole, are kinda stupid. Speaking as a Nunu player, I honestly shouldn't be getting nearly as many kills as I do if players just knew gank windows and how to defend themselves properly. Instead, whether it be my team or theirs, once the snowball starts rolling, it's hyperfeeding time. Ultimately it's this element that makes the game so snowbally, and quite frankly makes the first half of my post irrelevant. People just don't seem to be educated in genuine strategy in this game. I don't think strategy is dead because the game has designed it out, I think strategy is dead because people don't care about it quite frankly.
> [{quoted}](name=TehNACHO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iHeFMl0J,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-24T15:42:23.754+0000) > > If we're talking about Macroplay, in my opinion as a Jungler, the game is actually rather slow, and in a meaningful way. The first 10 minutes of the game is incredibly difficult to take towers, the first 20 is just as so to take interior or Inhib towers, if you intentionally play a strategic game of: > Identifying snowballing lanes and investing in them early game > Breaking down outer turrets and establishing dragon/baron control mid game > Adapt as a team comp for win conditions late game > > That's easily a 30 minute struggle at the bare minimum. Yeah, it's not the hour long games of Season 4, but I don't think people honestly miss that since it really boiled down to 'nothing matters for 30 minutes' to Ziggs/Xerath stall for another 20 minutes to 'Don't you fucking dare die past the 50 minute mark'. > > Maybe you can argue each of these phases could be longer, but it's still pretty good imo. > > Now if we're talking about closer to Microplay, while I do admit damage is high, I want to stress that people, as a whole, are kinda stupid. Speaking as a Nunu player, I honestly shouldn't be getting nearly as many kills as I do if players just knew gank windows and how to defend themselves properly. Instead, whether it be my team or theirs, once the snowball starts rolling, it's hyperfeeding time. Ultimately it's this element that makes the game so snowbally, and quite frankly makes the first half of my post irrelevant. People just don't seem to be educated in genuine strategy in this game. I don't think strategy is dead because the game has designed it out, I think strategy is dead because people don't care about it quite frankly. This tbh. League is the strategy game where people beg for strategy then lose their minds whenever someone actually uses strategy (Mage bot, gold funneling, ect)
: Since Ixtal has Dragons, Can We Get a Dragon Rider?
I really like dragons, and I've really wanted cool dragon shit in league forever. I can't wait for shyv to catch a rework, and this concept sounds really cool, kinda reminds me of how dragon oracle udyr is but with actual dragons.
: Lucian is forming a party to rescue Senna, which 4 Champs would you choose to fill out his roster?
I don't know the whole roster, but I feel like Kayle would be a huge piece to have. Not only can she protect/heal/purify the FUCK out of undead, she also has the same mercilessness that Lucian has.
: > [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KPBuku2A,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-21T00:24:23.256+0000) > > And still 8 million people play the game on a daily basis... hmmm It's because of addiction and that enough time has passed that people can't remember how great it used to be. Look no further than the huge success of Classic WoW to see that it's not just nostalgia, things really did used to be better and more fun.
> [{quoted}](name=Düff McWhalen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KPBuku2A,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T00:49:09.246+0000) > > It's because of addiction and that enough time has passed that people can't remember how great it used to be. Look no further than the huge success of Classic WoW to see that it's not just nostalgia, things really did used to be better and more fun. So it's really just impossible for you to consider the idea that other people enjoy the game more than you do? You have to chalk it up to addiction? "WoW classic is popular so clearly nostalgia isn't why people think the game used to be more fun!" Until you realize that the entire reason WoW classic is so popular is the people who never even touched it are playing because of the publicity of the whole thing. Does that make WoW classic bad? No. Does it prove that nostalgia isn't a cause for bias towards earlier game states. Also no.
: Once again, the boards ignore every time this hasn't happened or the champion got nerfed before the skin's release.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=syTQAoQA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-21T16:18:08.985+0000) > > Once again, the boards ignore every time this hasn't happened or the champion got nerfed before the skin's release. Well you see, ignoring them allows the boards to justify their raging hate boner
Moody P (NA)
: how many people who think build diversity sucks are actually trying to find it
Because as I've said many many times by now, League is a strategy game where most people hate using strategy
Nutty123 (NA)
: he actually did get a visual update on some abilities im pretty sure
> [{quoted}](name=Nutty123,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cYEiZa9g,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-09-19T22:40:02.103+0000) > > he actually did get a visual update on some abilities im pretty sure I mean like a bigger VU, like ez
: You realize the skins just swap out some models but don't introduce additional ones, right? And that's only your second worst logic flaw there
> [{quoted}](name=Human Rayla,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=HHTy6jhv,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-19T21:05:32.300+0000) > > You realize the skins just swap out some models but don't introduce additional ones, right? And that's only your second worst logic flaw there 1. Thank you for contributing to a conversation that happened 2 months ago, very cool. 2. What I said wasn't my "logic". It's not an opinion, in fact I didn't even give my opinion on it. I stated the legitimate reason of why it wouldn't happen, and said reason was made by Riot, not me. Yes, a skin is a model swap. It's taking the regular data a champion uses for visuals and instead using different data. However, the point here has nothing to do with that. If everyone has their own skins for their own champions, then everyone is going to have to have that loaded in when they play.
Yenn (NA)
: Can turret plating just be removed in the next season? It's a garbage mechanic that shouldn't exist
I think: * Mechanic is buffed to actually be tough to break. Let's be honest, the only time they are hard to get through is like at the very start of the game * Extra gold is removed or SIGNIFICANTLY cut * (Or my favorite option) remove the mechanic and rework turrets to be useful and not need something like this
Adder (OCE)
: Jax is just a purple lump. He's supposed to be THE bad ass of League.
I mean, for one that's just because he's an old champ who hasn't gotten a good visual update yet. For two, since when is jax a badass? I always more thought of him as the more lazy chill demeanor kind of guy but who's just crazy powerful, not some crazy badass character.
Vuuduu (NA)
: ME SEE CHAMPION, ME FIGHT THAT CHAMPION
Kelg (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=1B09NKEO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-18T20:34:48.150+0000) > > They stopped doing these a while again, and I doubt they're going to give morde special treatment. Not that I think it's a bad idea, I like the idea of "classic" skins for reworks, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I mean yeah they probably wont ever do this, but league wont ever be the same to me without Classic Morde. Riot's all about money these days anyway, and Morde isnt a money generating champ. Doesn't hurt to ask though.
> [{quoted}](name=Kelg,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=1B09NKEO,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T20:42:00.432+0000) > > I mean yeah they probably wont ever do this, but league wont ever be the same to me without Classic Morde. Riot's all about money these days anyway, and Morde isnt a money generating champ. Doesn't hurt to ask though. I mean.. I feel like you're letting your bias in a bit there, I assure you the game is most definitely the same with or without him, but I guess I could see how from your perspective it could seem that way.
Kelg (NA)
: From the Mordekaiser community: please consider a classic skin for our champ
They stopped doing these a while again, and I doubt they're going to give morde special treatment. Not that I think it's a bad idea, I like the idea of "classic" skins for reworks, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
: The new Star Guardian story
I don't think it's gotten bigger?
: Champion Types That Are Inherently Broken
1. Yes, but there's two problems with this. One is that you can't control what people play. Period. If someone wants to run Brand support, well that sucks. The other problem is that if supports have absolutely no carry potential it makes them pretty useless if their adc sucks, and it's a nightmare to play as. 2. Yes, but let's be honest how assassins work in general is going to feel broken either way it goes. An assassins job is to get to a priority target, kill said target, and then dip the hell out. So, for an assassin to be able to get in/out when cc exists and they have low defenses, they either need invisibility or mobility. The problem usually ends up being that they have both, and neither are very long in the cooldown department. I've always thought that things like that should be like Yasuo windwall rank 1: SUPER impactful, but HUGE cooldown or cost. 3. Yes, this is probably the most true point here. They shouldn't have any form of lane DOMINANCE, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have any lane POWER. Because if a champion that is supposed to scale up is absolutely useless in lane, they never will scale up. They should most definitely be weak in lane, and DEFINITELY get shit on hard by anything that's focused around early game power, but they shouldn't be gutter useless. Think pre mini rework Kayle, she didn't exist pre 11, and even then was barely useful till level 16. The problem was though, that an 0/10 Kayle isn't ever going to get level 16, she's going to lose the game long before. I think it's easy to look at something and call it broken. Doesn't mean nothing can be broken, or that something isn't, but broken is a very thrown-around term that really shouldn't be. It's like the term inting. Inting is intentionally feeding, as in someone is legitimately TRYING to give the enemy team kills. However nowadays if you even have a slightly poor score, you will be called an inter. Something being "broken" is a lot more than just "here's a short description of what I've seen that makes this broken", but rather a more complex look. Everything has multiple angles, and while what you said for the most part was true, it wasn't 100%.
: Anyone else feel like the anniversary is going to make or break league for the next ten years?
"I think most of us are hoping for the former, but given just how many fuck ups/ controversies there have been over the last two or so years, it's kinda hard to be optimistic." I'm pretty optimistic because while I don't understand I lot of Riot's choices, I know they aren't dumb. Well..for the most part. They have made good decisions and added good things all throughout league, but it's always been sandwiched between more and more cancer. I think they probably know at this point that a lot of players are being pulled pretty tight, and another cancer or even lackluster preseason is just going to kill the game for a lot of folks. Hopefully they're gonna pull out all the stops on this one.
: For my ten year League-iversay, I got my champion back.
They're giving shaco a mini rework? This looks kinda fun, definitely gonna have some good time fucking people up as a clown again if they actually ship it..
CLG ear (NA)
: qiyana
As a man who reads the holy thighble daily, I will indeed
Rhegatis (EUNE)
: Revert ASol, rework is complete failure
So whichever version of Asol is more fun is a matter of opinion, but doesn't ", he is weird, slow and clunky." describe both of them? I'm not saying Asol was a terrible champion, but his design was definitely not perfect. I really tried to get into him when he came out because he really did look interesting and yknow he's a damn star dragon. But the gameplay he offered (while not unusable) really just left a lot to be desired. Is the new rework a million times better? No idea, all I know about it is what angry Asol mains think. However, any time a champion gets reworked some of their mains get mad, so how reliable is that? "Aurelion was last interesting champ here," There are plenty of interesting champions in the game imo. Notice the "imo" there, because "interesting" is ALSO a matter of opinion.
FSRER (EUNE)
: What is wrong with League?
A lot of people in posts like these used to say "League USED to be great, League USED to be so much fun! Then Riot changed it and now it's shit!". They never fail to point this out. Funny part is though, no one can ever seem to really pin down when LoL was universally "fun and balanced". Why? Because it never was. I started in season 5, and back in season 5 I thought LoL was super fun every game and was amazing. Now I don't hate the game, but I can definitely see more of its flaws. What if, I don't know, when you're newer to the game, you don't understand the game enough to hate and instead just play it to have fun like any other game? Because if you try to tell me that any point in league history was perfectly balanced, you're a liar and you know it. Were past seasons perhaps more fun to certain people? Sure. Whether it be nostalgia or simply what I put above, whether the game was more "fun" is entirely up to them. Why? Because "fun" is an opinion, not an arguing tool.
: Tahm is getting nerfed again....
I mean if I'm being unbiased, he really is getting hard gutted. But as someone who suffered at the hands of LOTS of pre nerf kenches, I get a little bit of guilty pleasure every time he gets nerfed.
: League for all intents and purpuoses has become a Gacha machine
1. Yes, the game has a lot of issues, and anyone who says otherwise is full of it. 2. Having issues doesn't make the game shit 3. Just because a majority of the posts you see on balance are negative doesn't mean the overall community isn't happy. Think about it logically, if someone was positive or neutral about it, then would they likely be posting a bunch about how much they love the game? Probably not.. However, if you're very dissatisfied with the game state and want it changed, would you not post about it? Those things aside, I'm really interested on how exactly league has "become a gacha machine" that only cares about making sales. For one, the only "Gacha" in league is little legends which are cosmetics for an alternate gamemode. I'll say that Riot is prioritizing money over everything when they start having patches with no balance changes and nothing but skins. If you don't enjoy the game, absolutely more power to you. However, I do feel this post is a little charged more to sway people to think like you, not to discuss anything constructively. I could just be seeing it wrong, I don't know.
Adder (OCE)
: I am begging riot right now... BEGGING..
I think they just need to make an anime in general, like holy hell.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rosso,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FV7o4A66,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-13T00:09:19.215+0000) > > How did you post this without dying of embarrassment That's cuz I'm Alpha as fuck, bro. Thanks for noticing.
> [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FV7o4A66,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-13T00:14:16.041+0000) > > That's cuz I'm Alpha as fuck, bro. Thanks for noticing. Alpha chad
Charmy Bird (EUNE)
: im still salty how my lovely darkins went from chad aliens to virgin shurimans. itd be perfect if darkins are intergallactic lovecraftian beings whom original form ideology intentions etc. humans cannot even comprehend and the form they see is limited due to the fact they possessed human bodies.but now lets make them evil ascended and waste a rl good opportunity to expand the universe.darkins went from an actual badass threat to sth far weaker.
> [{quoted}](name=jotarowo,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=JJXGE0Kt,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-11T20:20:24.532+0000) > > im still salty how my lovely darkins went from chad aliens to virgin shurimans. > > itd be perfect if darkins are intergallactic lovecraftian beings whom original form ideology intentions etc. humans cannot even comprehend and the form they see is limited due to the fact they possessed human bodies.but now lets make them evil ascended and waste a rl good opportunity to expand the universe.darkins went from an actual badass threat to sth far weaker. Yeah, but in a game where the closest things we have to aliens are literall beings from a completely different dimension, Darkins being aliens makes absolutely zero sense. Also, back in "alien times", they really had no lore, other than that "They're aliens!". We knew basically nothing about them, only that Aatrox was a big historical war man and that's about it.
Rodsquad (EUW)
: What Ezreal Tier reworks do you want?
There are so many champs like this, it's not even funny lol.
: Oh, look, another nerf to akali that isn't going to fix anything.
The problem is that even her previous state was extremely terribely designed as well, but she wasn't nearly as popular. I think she needs some kind of mini rework similar to Kayle to bring her more in line, as the whole buff and gut thing is starting to get old.
Comentários de Rioters
: Nope, still no. The whole point of the Augments was that they entirely changed how your champion worked and their role in the team. Geez, you could get Tank Sona, On-Hit Malph, or Healer Ziggs. Just check in the game currently, how many champs have multiple (item) builds viable at the same time. Ezreal with AP burst vs AD poke is the poster child, but beyond that, not much, there's usually ONE optimal build, with slight situational variations that don't really alter your playstyle, they are just optimizations. Because having two drastically different playstyles working on the same base kit is fundamentally super hard to balance. And now, realize that you're asking, through Augments, for EVERY. SINGLE. CHAMP to get 3 or 4 different playstyles, that are all equally good (otherwise, no point of having "choices", if there is one right answer and wrong choices). It's not a matter of "handling it properly", that's impossible to handle so much stuff. Because keep in mind that the complexity of balancing increases exponentially --not linearly-- with the number of possibilities. 300 is not twice as hard to balance as 150, it's a hundred times harder.
> [{quoted}](name=DeathBurst,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PEZhEkWc,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-10T23:46:17.736+0000) > > Nope, still no. The whole point of the Augments was that they entirely changed how your champion worked and their role in the team. Geez, you could get Tank Sona, On-Hit Malph, or Healer Ziggs. > > Just check in the game currently, how many champs have multiple (item) builds viable at the same time. Ezreal with AP burst vs AD poke is the poster child, but beyond that, not much, there's usually ONE optimal build, with slight situational variations that don't really alter your playstyle, they are just optimizations. Because having two drastically different playstyles working on the same base kit is fundamentally super hard to balance. > > And now, realize that you're asking, through Augments, for EVERY. SINGLE. CHAMP to get 3 or 4 different playstyles, that are all equally good (otherwise, no point of having "choices", if there is one right answer and wrong choices). It's not a matter of "handling it properly", that's impossible to handle so much stuff. Because keep in mind that the complexity of balancing increases exponentially --not linearly-- with the number of possibilities. 300 is not twice as hard to balance as 150, it's a hundred times harder. Ah, thank you for pointing out a problem with this idea that I already pointed out myself in the original thread, productive of you I'd say. And again, the original point of augments doesn't matter, I used the term augments because it's the closest term I have in league standards.
: > TL;DR : Having Odyssey augments replace the rune system would be incredibly fun and interesting, and probably more balanced than the current rune system. Fun? Yes (at least at first). Interesting? Sure! More balanced? Ahahaha, nice joke.
> [{quoted}](name=DeathBurst,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PEZhEkWc,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-10T09:31:25.134+0000) > > Fun? Yes (at least at first). Interesting? Sure! More balanced? Ahahaha, nice joke. If they were handled properly, they would be. As I said in another reply, even if they weren't handled perfectly, they would still probably be better than current runes.
: Odyssey augments are way to busted for pvp and it would be too much work for riot cause they wouldn’t be making money
> [{quoted}](name=Polaris I,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PEZhEkWc,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-10T13:20:16.316+0000) > > Odyssey augments are way to busted for pvp and it would be too much work for riot cause they wouldn’t be making money Again, these wouldn't be as op as actual odyssey augments, but I don't have anything else in league to compare them to. At least read what other people have said before saying something obvious ;p
Xphineas (NA)
: I.... skimmed it... but either way, even if they were little changes like "one more arrow on ashe W" or "three seconds longer before tornado disables" on yasuo, they would still be incredibly unbalanced and there would be a meta for sure, and if you dont take the augments that are meta, youre trolling. I can think of plenty of small changes, but they are incredibly unbalanced.
> [{quoted}](name=Xphineas,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PEZhEkWc,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-10T03:02:37.462+0000) > > I.... skimmed it... but either way, even if they were little changes like "one more arrow on ashe W" or "three seconds longer before tornado disables" on yasuo, they would still be incredibly unbalanced and there would be a meta for sure, and if you dont take the augments that are meta, youre trolling. I can think of plenty of small changes, but they are incredibly unbalanced. Well like I said, of the time I spent on battlerite they didn't seem very op , nor did there seem to be one build I used that just trumped all the rest. Granted, league has more champions, but I feel like it definitely has potential. Again, I didn't sink a thousand hours into that or anything but I think as a concept it could work if it was handled extremely carefully. But let's be honest, if it weren't balanced perfectly how much worse would it be than current runes are : ^).
Xphineas (NA)
: No, I am 1000000% against this. The odyssey augments were all designed to be broken, and doing this would enforce a even heavier meta then is enforced with runes now. Remember W in a corner ziggs? If you didnt take that you were trolling. Remember infinite tornado Yasuo? If you didnt take that you were trolling. The same thing would be true with this new system, furthermore, With the number of champions in this game, there would be some BROKEN augments.
> [{quoted}](name=Xphineas,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PEZhEkWc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-10T02:53:46.388+0000) > > No, I am 1000000% against this. The odyssey augments were all designed to be broken, and doing this would enforce a even heavier meta then is enforced with runes now. Remember W in a corner ziggs? If you didnt take that you were trolling. Remember infinite tornado Yasuo? If you didnt take that you were trolling. The same thing would be true with this new system, furthermore, With the number of champions in this game, there would be some BROKEN augments. Right, they wouldn't be as balls to the walls as the odyssey ones, but I really don't have anything else on league to compare it to. Like I said in the paragraph (which I don't blame you for not reading), they would be more simple changes, and not super crazy shit.
Comentários de Rioters
Exibir mais

ThatShinyPiplup

Nível 113 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão