: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fAAIeMpe,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T03:01:06.404+0000) > > And that's fair. But the number of people on all of your similar threads telling you this is a thing you have been missing should probably make you look again at the information available, as *pretty much everyone but you* sees this, and that suggests you may be missing something. You didn't understand what I mean, I mean the way I think / interpretate these things are different from you guys, and that is the why I can't agree with your thought, I said if Riot actually confirmed it's romance, then I wouldn't keep saying this, if that make any sense to you? I mean, keep arguing here are not gonna change my thought or your own thought, I appretiate you replied with the official quotes, which helps me understand it has nothing to do with game coding, but still, due to the different ways of interpretation, I can not take that as a "romance" confirm. :( Btw do you have other official source that confirm this?
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fAAIeMpe,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T15:04:40.454+0000)...I mean, keep arguing here are not gonna change my thought or your own thought, I appretiate you replied with the official quotes, which helps me understand it has nothing to do with game coding, but still, due to the different ways of interpretation, I can not take that as a "romance" confirm. :( This is why you probably got removed from the Discord, if I'm honest. You're pushing something that is your own (very atypical) opinion on things that are commonly agreed -- and supported by Riot evidence -- to be true. You're not really making any point other than "I don't buy this" in the face of a lot of evidence that you *personally* don't believe, and you're denying all the existing evidence short of a hard "this is a thing" that Riot is intentionally being coy with. That said, there's more evidence: * **Maokai taunting Garen:** "Stop carving words into my bark! Everyone knows G <3 K!" * **Lux taunting Katarina:** "Kat and Garen sitting in a tree~ And you better just be holding hands or I'm telling!" * **Pantheon talking to Garen** or **Katarina:** "Battle is a dance, and the fortunate find their partner." * **God-King Garen talking to Katarina:** "Though it brings me no joy, I must kiss y- uh, smite you, I must smite you. You know what, never mind." At this point, this is kind of a exercise in intentional obliviousness. It's very clear that Riot is intentionally teasing this dynamic, to the point where Maokai, Lux, Pantheon, Garen, Illaoi, Jhin, and Tahm Kench all reference it with *this specific pair*, Garen's *lore* teases it, Riot teased it on the cover of the *Odyssey*-universe romance novel, Riot has mentioned it, etc. If you choose to misinterpret all of that as coincidence, then that would probably frustrate people to the point of removing you from Discord, I would imagine. You're **totally allowed** to not like that, and you're totally allowed to ignore it if you want. But asking for evidence and then ignoring all the fairrly compelling evidence as not compelling enough for you is something that would frustrate people. By all means like whatever pairing you like, but understand that you are doing so in the face of a lot of evidence to the contrary.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fAAIeMpe,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T02:26:58.882+0000) > > Because the whole point of having this silly thing they've been teasing obviously for a decade is that they don't WANT to lock it in. If it's been nine years of them teasing it for fun, they're not about to come out and say "this is canon" just because you don't buy the fairly obvious clues that it's a story beat (and a rather small one for both characters, which is why it isn't mentioned more). > > You're seemingly intentionally missing context like "they're not an item but they have history" implying "they have history of mutual interest." No one, when asked if someone is a couple, says something like "no, but they once went to an art class together," even though that is history, because it's irrelevant to the question being asked. Basically, the problem here is, I don't see the teaser or the hint as romance teaser/ hint as you do, so when you say " they didn't confirm it because it's been teasing for years and they don't need to" just doesn't ring a bell to me.
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fAAIeMpe,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T02:38:50.218+0000)Basically, the problem here is, I don't see the teaser or the hint as romance teaser/ hint as you do, so when you say " they didn't confirm it because it's been teasing for years and they don't need to" just doesn't ring a bell to me. And that's fair. But the number of people on all of your similar threads telling you this is a thing you have been missing should probably make you look again at the information available, as *pretty much everyone but you* sees this, and that suggests you may be missing something.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fAAIeMpe,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T01:55:26.443+0000) > > If you refuse to see all the intentional hints Riot places, I can't help you see them. You can free free to interpret things in other contexts if you want, but this is definitely a 6-vs-9 issue. Someone may see 9, but everyone else knows that 6 was intended. Look , I'm not being difficult with anyone here, it's not that I refuse to see what you see, it's really just I don't see the way you see it, as there is no offcial confirm they are romance. I do have other ship I like, but if Riot actually confirmed it I wouldn't keep saying this.
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fAAIeMpe,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T02:00:02.722+0000)...as there is no official confirm they are romance. Because the whole point of having this silly thing they've been teasing obviously for a decade is that they don't WANT to lock it in. If it's been nine years of them teasing it for fun, they're not about to come out and say "this is canon" just because you don't buy the fairly obvious clues that it's a story beat (and a rather small one for both characters, which is why it isn't mentioned more). You're seemingly intentionally missing context like "they're not an item but they have history" implying "they have history of mutual interest." No one, when asked if someone is a couple, says something like "no, but they once went to an art class together," even though that is history, because it's irrelevant to the question being asked.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fAAIeMpe,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T00:45:55.414+0000) > > If you want to intentionally ignore the obvious correlations in defense of a person viewpoint opposed to those correlations, sure. But sometimes there is a correct and an incorrect interpretation of things. If I write the number 6 on the ground and you look at it from the other side, it appears to be a 9. That doesn't mean it isn't supposed to be a 6 or intended to be a 6 though -- it just means you interpret it incorrectly. That's what's occurring here. > > The behavior of a specific Discord may be upsetting to you, but they're within their rights to ban you if they feel it appropriate. Given the behavior of other accounts tied to this one, I can see why they might believe your intent is less than legitimate. What obvious correlations you were talking about??? What's wrong with what I just listed? The quotes are nothing flirty and the hints are really something one can interpretate in different ways. Even the Rioter didn't say they are romantic. I know you are against my ship, but I just wanna say I mean no war or offense. I simply saying what I'm saying here. I created this thread to discuss this because I got banned and insulted for disagreeing with the admin in the discord, which is so wrong .
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fAAIeMpe,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T01:20:36.290+0000)What obvious correlations you were talking about??? What's wrong with what I just listed? If you refuse to see all the intentional hints Riot places, I can't help you see them. You can free free to interpret things in other contexts if you want, but this is definitely a 6-vs-9 issue. Someone may see 9, but everyone else knows that 6 was intended.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fAAIeMpe,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-20T22:37:08.028+0000) > > It's pretty obvious those quotes are referring to Garen/Katarina. This is due to the long-standing tease Riot has done, the hints in their lore, Garen's specific flirting quotes when near Katarina, [and this particular comment from a Riot designer](http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2521539): > > These are what we call *context clues* (save the Riot comment, which is just a blunt statement that there's mutual interest and history there), and when there are this many Occam's Razor suggests that the simplest explanation (this is intentional on Riot's part to make us look in the direction of Garen/Katarina) is the correct one. > > Also, this has nothing to do with game coding. - I see, but the Rioter did not say they had romance moment. That can not prove the mutual interest you said. - Garen's quotes are nothing flirty at all. They are something normal we say when we saw a friend or an enemy instead of flirt lines. You can interpretate that way just like I can interpretate in another way. - The old lore is nothing romantic and the hints can be interpretated in many ways. - There is no tease showing romance relationship/feeling between them. I'm not sure what tease you were talking about. Also what Occam's Razor suggestion were you talking about? I didn't follow you. I mean, all the stuffs you said, are just hints, and hints can be interpretated in different ways. That's really not conviving enough for them to ban me or insult me for trolling. They started the discussion and I got banned because I don't agree with their interpretation.
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fAAIeMpe,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-20T23:05:06.999+0000)I mean, all the stuffs you said, are just hints, and hints can be interpretated in different ways. If you want to intentionally ignore the obvious correlations in defense of a person viewpoint opposed to those correlations, sure. But sometimes there is a correct and an incorrect interpretation of things. If I write the number 6 on the ground and you look at it from the other side, it appears to be a 9. That doesn't mean it isn't supposed to be a 6 or intended to be a 6 though -- it just means you interpret it incorrectly. That's what's occurring here. >That's really not conviving enough for them to ban me or insult me for trolling. They started the discussion and I got banned because I don't agree with their interpretation. The behavior of a specific Discord may be upsetting to you, but they're within their rights to ban you if they feel it appropriate. Given the behavior of other accounts tied to this one, I can see why they might believe your intent is less than legitimate.
: What is game coding?
It's pretty obvious those quotes are referring to Garen/Katarina. This is due to the long-standing tease Riot has done, the hints in their lore, Garen's specific flirting quotes when near Katarina, [and this particular comment from a Riot designer](http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2521539): >Garen and Katarina are not currently an item, but they are two people who have had moments in the past – despite being on opposite sides. These are what we call *context clues* (save the Riot comment, which is just a blunt statement that there's mutual interest and history there), and when there are this many Occam's Razor suggests that the simplest explanation (this is intentional on Riot's part to make us look in the direction of Garen/Katarina) is the correct one. Also, this has nothing to do with game coding.
Meddler (NA)
: Fair question. Before I started doing these posts I'd instead wait until someone was asking about a topic we had something to share info on and post there. That did feel more responsive and organic which was great. Had a couple of major downsides though. The largest was that it ended up only reaching a really narrow audience (these get translated to other languages). Also would often run into situations where I figured we had something of interest to share but there wasn't a relevant thread someone had already started to post it in. These days I still read boards, Reddit etc as much but spend time writing these generally more than responding to other threads. There's downside to that, but I've felt it's a reasonable trade off overall. In terms of why these are posted here it's because it's an easy to post on official location. The Boards community though is a tiny fraction of even the english speaking part of the playerbase, let alone the global playerbase. Opinions here are also pretty non representative relative to what we see from survey data (things like strong preferences for specific less popular champions, more interest in narrative overall, low engagement with ESports and strong negativity towards it etc). I try and put some time aside to respond to what I can after putting a post up, but communicating back and forth specifically with Boards posters isn't a primary goal. I do worry somewhat that having an open comments section but then not responding to a lot of it implies a lack of caring, rather than a need to spend time elsewhere. I've considered either shifting to another venue, or just not allowing comments to at least make things clearer, but have felt those are worse than responding some of the time at least. Would welcome people's thoughts on that though. In terms of what I cover these have drifted towards what we're working on more over time. I used to spend more words digging into specific projects, including a range of specific balance calls or individual champs. That's got a lot harder given my role has changed since I started these posts though. I don't get to spend much time each week directly with the balance or champion team devs any more for example, so I don't have the context on a lot of the specific decisions. I'll hunt some of it down when I can to respond to particularly common questions (or see if there is a useful answer at least). My role's more focused on long term planning, trade offs between different projects (resoucring), management etc though. Those are both harder to talk about externally and generally not what people are as interested in anyway versus the state of a particular champion or whatever.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=Hg0eMco2,comment-id=000f0000,timestamp=2019-09-20T17:13:21.195+0000)I've considered either shifting to another venue, or just not allowing comments to at least make things clearer, but have felt those are worse than responding some of the time at least. Would welcome people's thoughts on that though. As someone who enjoys reading these and seeing you respond to community posts, it is nice to see your responses to the occasional good question. I think it might be beneficial to trend towards avoiding the small-picture questions in favor of the larger scale questions however, because it may lead to players feeling like they have to pester you for information, and that isn't fun for you OR for the posters who aren't getting answers. I wonder whether including something to that effect in the QGT post itself might help decrease player expectations that you're here to answer specific board-user questions.
: is riot trying to kill their game?
Given the broad range of "anime," that's not surprising. While I'm sure Sylas, Pyke, Ornn, Ivern, Kled, Aurelion Sol, Illaoi, Kindred, and Tahm Kench *could* be characters in some anime, that's 9 of the past 20 characters that would at least be less common.
Subdue (NA)
: Why is Zero Tolerance so Intolerant?
> I propose a modification to the penalty system, wherein use of a zero tolerance word or phrase results in a 14 day ban but only ticks the penalty tier up one, such that the next penalty on a previously clean account is the 25 day chat restriction, followed by a 14 day ban, and then the permanent ban. However, a subsequent use of a zero tolerance word or phrase should still result in a permanent ban, regardless of the penalty tier. While I'm not sure I fully agree this is required, I honestly don't have a major objection to this. It's one of the rare suggestions that doesn't significantly impact well-behaved players while also being a net positive to those attempting to reform.
: > [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=F8qhHEGB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-20T14:35:40.972+0000) > > If you used hate speech yes, including but not limited to - racial or homophobic slurs or encouragements of self-harm. Didn't do any of those things
> [{quoted}](name=qIhMhHerman,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=F8qhHEGB,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T14:37:56.948+0000) > > Didn't do any of those things Do you have the chat logs? That's what we'd need to actually meaningfully help. A straight jump to a 14-day ban is expected in a few situations, but not many.
: Where is the proof that wizards court doesn’t exist? There are tons of things that we don’t know about Runeterra, they could have a wizard’s court. As far as the other quotes go, I'm looking for quotes that are proven wrong by either what Riot says, or on the universe page. (As long as said champion’s voice lines are from after the most recent lore rework) Most “meeting” voice lines would be what they would say if they met that person, thus showing us their personality, which is something we’d look for in lore and learning about a champion.
> [{quoted}](name=BladeSteel,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jy9AAMvu,comment-id=00020000000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-20T13:29:50.252+0000)As far as the other quotes go, I'm looking for quotes that are proven wrong by either what Riot says, or on the universe page. "Doesn't contradict lore" isn't the same as "is canon." All the lack of the former means is that the lines *don't contradict the established world*. It doesn't mean that every line said is automatically canon.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3X3HEj9G,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-20T11:45:06.768+0000) > > Scorch currently does between 1.5 and 3.5 damage per second once it's 20 second cooldown is taken into effect https://i.imgur.com/1bypT0D.png[] Where are you getting those numbers from, because it's not what you said it is, unless you counted the damage based on resistances.
> [{quoted}](name=BLIGHTBRINGER,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3X3HEj9G,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-20T12:56:08.887+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/1bypT0D.png[] > > Where are you getting those numbers from, because it's not what you said it is, unless you counted the damage based on resistances. Mistyped the cooldown as 20 instead of 10. 15-35 damage per instance, divided by 1 instance per 10 seconds, is 1.5 to 3.5 damage per second (before resistances are applied). If you remove the cooldown it's just strictly stronger even if the damage is reduced as long as you can hit one DoT effect or 2-3 spells in that time.
: Give me one. You say there are non emote quotes that aren't canon? Prove it. And yes, as I said jokes do not count.
> [{quoted}](name=BladeSteel,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jy9AAMvu,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T21:29:18.524+0000)Give me one. You say there are non emote quotes that aren't canon? Prove it. > And yes, as I said jokes do not count. First interaction lines, item purchase lines, taunts, and kill lines are often jokes. Aatrox's, for example: * "Scissors for legs... Okay, I thought I had seen stupid designs before... Alright, let's go." * "Guns and oranges? Are you a cliché or a joke? Come! Fight! Die!" * "Ooh, a shadow warrior! How edgy!" * "What is property? Why did this dead hamster want me off of it?" * "Honestly, a bow and two boys? What was your plan, Varus?" Or Ezreal: * "I can't get hauled into wizard court again. Technically I don't have a permit for the gauntlet." * "Hey, brainface, you are why no one likes Yordle inventors." * "Hey, Lamb... Is Wolf friendly?" "Wizard Court" is not a real thing in Runeterra. Also, canonically, Heimerdinger appears as human to other champions, and people don't *see* Kindred until they're already dead.
: A Question I have about the Rune: Scorch
>Magic Damage changed from 15 - 35 to 5 - 15 Magic Damage over 1 second This would make it too strong. Scorch currently does between 1.5 and 3.5 damage per second once it's 10 second cooldown is taken into effect, and this change would move it closer to 5-15 damage per second -- about a 400% power boost on anyone with DoT effects, and still a 200%+ boost on anyone with less than 20 seconds between their poke.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AidpmA7n,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-19T22:47:06.013+0000) > > You were discussing a champion's sexual history in unnecessary detail. That's not okay here. Unnecessary is a strong word.
> [{quoted}](name=I am so very sad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AidpmA7n,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-19T23:08:00.843+0000)Unnecessary is a strong word. To you, perhaps, but we don't let people in violation of the rules decide where the line is drawn.
: Censorship in the States. Particularly in Riot.
You were discussing a champion's sexual history in unnecessary detail. That's not okay here.
: Yal need to stop arguing against Rioters and MODs
>People who abuse their privilege exist and they will use it and they don't give a fuck if it right or wrong. I've personally overturned quite a few moderator actions that were deemed overzealous or incorrectly done. We're *very* concerned if we get things wrong. The catch, however, is usually the people who get content moderated are *inclined to believe their behavior was acceptable* even if, by the rules, it is not. This obviously creates some conflict, and makes them less inclined to accept a moderator action.
: These moderators need moderation.
When your post is a title and a single sentence suggesting a change with no other defense or explanation other than "he'll be less hated," that's almost the definition of a low-effort thread, and low-effort threads are something we've been repeatedly asked to try to moderate *more* on **Gameplay** specifically. Also, I edited your post. Personal insults to moderators are not welcome. You can use the mod's name, but insulting nicknames will not be allowed.
: Understood. Well what I meant was like are those ratios based on hp/bonus hp ratios (like what Azir had on his e in the early days), ap ratios and how big would the shield roughly be like say Ekko's size or Orianna's shield etc.?
> [{quoted}](name=DCYOUNG888,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=caKkQ5x7,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T19:11:15.675+0000) > > Understood. Well what I meant was like are those ratios based on hp/bonus hp ratios (like what Azir had on his e in the early days), ap ratios and how big would the shield roughly be like say Ekko's size or Orianna's shield etc.? Almost certainly AP-based ratios on almost everything, and the shield would probably be enough that it could eat maybe 2-3 auto-attacks so people would have to commit to stopping your travel or blow a big cooldown.
: Got it. Sorry for the late response, been busy with college work. One other question what would the ratios be for the shield and ult damage as well as base numbers?
> [{quoted}](name=DCYOUNG888,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=caKkQ5x7,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T19:01:35.564+0000) > > Got it. Sorry for the late response, been busy with college work. One other question what would the ratios be for the shield and ult damage as well as base numbers? I typically don't put in specific numbers because those are subject to tuning and balancing, and I find that they often distract from the core of the concept itself. If the core gameplay seems solid, I believe that -- in most cases -- appropriate numbers tweaking can occur.
: Evolution in the permaban idea
>Do you think Rio should give players another chance? Riot's tried this at least twice. The first time was a confirmed failure even on a specifically hand-picked group (picked for showing signs of seriously wanting to reform), and the second one we don't know the results of.
: You answered your own predicament with the last statement. Are reworks worth the compounding negativity of all the exiled mains from each and everyone one of them? The answer is obvious. One part you are definitely wrong about is concerning people who do not love the champ. Those gamers have limited vested interest in the champ so whether there is a rework or not, there activity will not change. For example if the rework is poor, those players will not care, and proceed with what they had been doing. What you need incorporate is somethings have priorities over other things. The highest being limiting or eliminating possible negative outcomes. The main source of negative drawback is from people who already enjoy the champ. Besides all of this, the typical Chinese gamer vs the average American gamer has different desires yet the latter's demands translate a lot better worldwide. Hence that is why China bought it from an America in the first place. You want to adhere to focused identities that can be, with fun, learned how to be used in the game. {{champion:421}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:127}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:77}} And like I said before, if your business's best use of capital is exiling loyal customers to get new ones, than investments need to be made elsewhere. Sol is a niche champ for a niche audience, that is good part of the reason we like him. Making him more for everyone will fail for mains on multiple fronts in terms gameplay and identity. It is bittersweet how Riot doing the opposite of what I believe has caused quite a large exodus from the playerbase. Usually being right is a good thing, but that is only true if people listen and use it.
> [{quoted}](name=Power Cosmic,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=caKkQ5x7,comment-id=000e0000000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-17T13:29:01.332+0000)Are reworks worth the compounding negativity of all the exiled mains from each and everyone one of them? The answer is obvious. The answer is very subjective. A lot of champion reworks that didn't resonate with some of their mains (Galio and Aatrox being good examples) proved incredibly popular among the playerbase as a whole, and can be considered very successful as a result -- although that success does come at a cost to players who were specifically attached to the old version. That's a trade-off that is often a hard one to make, but if you can satisfy a larger amount of players by making a change it *can* be worth it even if, in the process, you frustrate or alienate some fans of the original. > The main source of negative drawback is from people who already enjoy the champ. In all design the main source of negative feedback is from people who do not enjoy the direction design decisions take. > And like I said before, if your business's best use of capital is exiling loyal customers to get new ones... I was specific that I am not a Rioter, but rather a non-Riot designer doing a 10-15 minute design experiment for my own amusement and practice. >Making him more for everyone will fail for mains on multiple fronts in terms gameplay and identity. We may agree to disagree here, but without specific examples of what you do/don't like about this suggestion and where it fails/succeeds, I'm afraid this feedback isn't especially useful to me.
: The people that like Sol like him for the champ he is, and that is more important than any opinion on how you feel he could do it better. No one grows to enjoy and main a champ based on how they might change in the future. What you are leaving out of your thought process is emotional intelligence. It is just as much about how your changes affects present mains as it is anything else. So if your seemingly (to you) great changes has a negative emotional effect on a majority of the champ's present players than they are worthless changes. I see this a lot in that people just go head first into tunnel vision about changes without taking into account their ramifications. Please increase your horizon of thought to be able to measure not only your changes, but how people will feel about them. Because the people and their happiness is very important, and taking away happiness should be treated as a very serious decision; and usually it is amongst people of high quality, which I assume you are. All that being said, again, Sol has had a net positive effect on the game as a good addition that some people enjoy that has caused minimal to no problems within SR and the community. To take something that has those characteristics and try to make it subjectively "better" at the price of mains very "objective" feelings is ignorant. It is tiring having to keep explaining this, and that is why I can get short at times, because the more people that begin to become wiser and incorporate the customers' feelings along with their design ideas, the better everything will be. Until then it will be a steady result of disappointment, negativity, polarization, and very temporary increase in skin sales. I hope you understand, design does not take place in a vacuum. Cheers
> [{quoted}](name=Power Cosmic,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=caKkQ5x7,comment-id=000e00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-09T16:57:40.136+0000)So if your seemingly (to you) great changes has a negative emotional effect on a majority of the champ's present players than they are worthless changes. Never said I thought these were *great* changes -- I did intentionally call out that this was a 10-15 minute exercise, not a carefully crafted rework proposal. >Please increase your horizon of thought to be able to measure not only your changes, but how people will feel about them. My approach to design takes this into account to the best of my ability without being able to survey players during the 10-15 minute limits of the exercise. >I hope you understand, design does not take place in a vacuum. Cheers Although I'm not a Rioter, the fact that I've put this forward for input is proof that I do *not* believe design takes place in a vacuum. Rather than lecture me on not taking people's opinions into account (something I've tried to do by ensuring that most of A. Sol's current playstyle is represented in some appreciable form), specific feedback on what you do or don't like is more useful. It's also important to note that, yes, a redesign is usually *not* solely for the mains of that champion. Those players usually love the champion's current form, so a rework will leave some of them upset (and others of them overjoyed if they like the new direction). That's an unavoidable effect of any change, and it ultimately comes down to how much value there is in *making* a change for both mains (some of who will be upset, definitely) and for non-mains (many of whom may be thrilled to have a new champion they like), *because players who do not love the champion in their current form but would love them in a new form* are also players whose feelings need to be considered, especially if the theme of the character is one that is widely beloved. It's not like there's an easy answer, which is why most of my small design experiments aim to preserve core elements of a kit to keep the character recognizable.
: So I have a question regarding unjust reports or bans. 'm a main Xerath player and not bad. As such, I have had my fair share of accusations being called a scripter when I am not one. Adamantly against it too. I've been looking at improving my game play further and as such expect even more accusations. Being innocent of this accusation, barring playing different champions, is there anything I can do to help prove that I am legitimately not scripting to ensure I do not get unjustified banned?
> [{quoted}](name=Camanthra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eHGdgA3h,comment-id=0090,timestamp=2019-09-15T21:42:42.767+0000)Being innocent of this accusation, barring playing different champions, is there anything I can do to help prove that I am legitimately not scripting to ensure I do not get unjustified banned? Riot doesn't give the specifics of their scripting detection, but it definitely goes far deeper than "getting reported for playing well." I wouldn't worry.
: He purposedly wrote [removed by moderation] because that triggers the IFS and after that he wrote pretty much nothing, and it was directed towards me so it wasn't really insulting anyone but it's okay it's IFS. Disclaimer: I don't support his way of wanting to "get a rest from the game" this way but it's kinda sad that IFS takes messages out of context..
> [{quoted}](name=CurlyBastard,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=UvhTblLV,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T13:22:18.234+0000) > > He purposedly wrote [removed by moderation] because that triggers the IFS and after that he wrote pretty much nothing, and it was directed towards me so it wasn't really insulting anyone but it's okay it's IFS. > Disclaimer: I don't support his way of wanting to "get a rest from the game" this way but it's kinda sad that IFS takes messages out of context.. I've edited your post. Please don't attempt circumvent the board filter. That said, names of genocidal dictators and hate speech are inappropriate in *League* in any context. This behavior is not okay, and there is no context in which the IFS (or most players) would consider this behavior acceptable.
: Permaban because IFS got delayed
Send in a ticket to Player Support. If the behavior wasn't super egregious there's a strong chance they'll honor the first ban and give him one more chance. Let this be a lesson to both of you that in-game chat that isn't done over the **/msg** channel to your friend *only* is subject to the full rules of *League's* behavioral expectations.
: These Legitimately look like they're from different games
There are a lot of non-cohesive splash arts. Compare: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/c/c0/Lucian_PROJECTSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180412204546 https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/3/3b/Master_Yi_PROJECTYiSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021063502 Lucian's some sort of almost collage-like stylized art style, while Yi goes for the realistic sci-fi style.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: September 13
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=sVtgP9cs,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-13T15:49:02.837+0000)This isn't a list of champs definitely getting buffed or nerfed it's a list of champs we're currently assessing. Likely some get removed, possibly one or two get added. Thoughts on Aatrox? I was a bit puzzled to see his healing and his minion damage both hit on the same patch just one patch before the World's patch, given his presence in pro games. Have the changes left him in an appropriate spot? > So far we think the revised PVE drop system in TFT is showing good promise but also needs some polishing. We believe it's doing a good job of reducing unfairness (mainly) while keeping a lot of variance of game experience. We're looking at adjustments to things like Spatula drop rate, how early players can get 4 cost units, whether we're now injecting a bit too much gold into the system, where on the battlefield drops fall etc. Expect to see changes to address a range of issues in 9.19 as a result. If there are particular issues you're feeling with the changes now's the ideal time to talk about them in terms of our ability to implement and test changes for the next patch. A few thoughts currently: * Getting champions doesn't feel as good. A particle effect of some kind might be helpful to see the orb explode onto your bench. This is mostly just a satisfaction thing, as gold explodes to be collected and items fly out to your item storage place. Champions should probably do that as well, or something like it. * Neeko's Help feels like it might benefit from being a bit more common, as this item feels *far* more fun (and interesting) than random champion drops. * Overall changes are good, but the extra gold required to hit 5 units before Krugs always feels a bit awkward.
: Why is there a week long cooldown for buying people gifts after adding them?
If someone hacks your account, you want time to notice and correct the situation before someone uses your card to make big RP purchases to send to other accounts.
sparf (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tQpMuZYh,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-02-28T15:09:31.966+0000) > > Because you received a recent 14-day ban as your final warning. After that point any continued toxicity is subject to a permanent ban. It's not about the severity of the offense so much as the frequency pushing you up the escalation path. > > You spent much of the game belittling your Nidalee player in ways that are entirely unhelpful and unnecessary, which, yes, is problematic behavior. You don't have to directly use insults or threats to exhibit unacceptable behavior. > > You can always send in a ticket to Player Support, but I suspect this ban would be upheld. are you kidding me? is this game made for babies? trash is talk is the nature of video games, and if all forms of trash talk period are bannable that's just stupid. just remove the mute button and have swear words instantly ban you for 14 days. If someone feels like their safe zone was infiltrated let's perma ban them! Not like your company has a history of sexism!
>Not like your company has a history of sexism! *My* company is a small school registration software company. I'm not a Riot employee.
: The Face of the Mountain Change I have wanted for a long time.
This would really be a nice QoL change for the item, yep.
: Hextech not disabling trait from item
Hextech removes the bonuses from those items, but does not remove the trait, as otherwise Hextech would be a far stronger counter to those compositions than intended by literally *breaking their synergies*. That's not an intentional part of the Hextech bonus.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WMK1l5kz,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-12T15:49:11.159+0000) > > Very easy, which is what makes me believe this is *intentional*, and figured into Kayn's power budget. Idk man, even if it's intentional which I am usually inclined to believe it is (or at least they certainly often choose to keep the problems instead of working to remove them after identifying them, for some reason), I just think Riot's design philosophy is malfunctioning for a lot of times.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WMK1l5kz,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-12T15:53:28.879+0000)I just think Riot's design philosophy is malfunctioning for a lot of times. And that's a fine opinion to have! Personally I'm on the opposite side of the fence (I think they have many more successes than failures), but it is somewhat subjective at the end of the day.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WMK1l5kz,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-12T15:31:48.786+0000) > > Because it's coded on dealing damage, and triggering it with BoRK, Blue Smite, etc. is clearly considered an acceptable feature for Kayn to have, because changing it to "hit a target with a basic attack or ability" would have been a very easy change to make. Should've been made it so that Kayn has to deal damage from his basic attack or his own spells, in order to satisfy the condition of his R. Blue Kayn can run across almost the entire map on a cast of his E with a massive MS boost that ignores all terrains, can come from anywhere, and even then has a medium ranged attack that CCs as well as an AoE tacked with a short dash that's long enough to go through walls, and that's all to serve his ridiculous burst damage (in Blue Kayn form); the least you could do is actually make it so Kayn's R actually takes some effort to fulfill its already tiny condition. League has alot of "fake" condition moments like this and it gets seriously annoying. It's like how Eve can basically trigger her charm regardless of how well you dodged everything in her kit, and the only way to actually get away from her charm is to just leave the lane entirely. Or how Zoe Q's rationale to its insane damage is that it can't snipe you from off-screen, except it can because her busted E CC's you from 2 screens away making you a sitting duck and R effectively removed the Q's counterplay on a shit excuse that because it "only" removes Q's counterplay and doesn't do much else and is thus allowed to have no CD and results in that her Q doesn't actually have counterplay after all post-6. How hard is it to actually make condition actually worth a damn instead of a fake conditioning? Seriously.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WMK1l5kz,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-09-12T15:43:09.708+0000)How hard is it to actually make condition actually worth a damn instead of a fake conditioning? Seriously. Very easy, which is what makes me believe this is *intentional*, and figured into Kayn's power budget.
Senamz13 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WMK1l5kz,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-12T15:31:48.786+0000) > > Because it's coded on dealing damage, and triggering it with BoRK, Blue Smite, etc. is clearly considered an acceptable feature for Kayn to have, because changing it to "hit a target with a basic attack or ability" would have been a very easy change to make. So I’m curious, what am I supposed to do when a blue Kayn runs through 10 walls with mobi boots and Youmuu’s, blue smites me, and ults me to hell? All of this happens in 1 second using point and click abilities. How am I supposed to counter that? I’m genuinely curious.
> [{quoted}](name=Senamz13,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WMK1l5kz,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-12T15:40:12.326+0000)So I’m curious, what am I supposed to do when a blue Kayn runs through 10 walls with mobi boots and Youmuu’s, blue smites me, and ults me to hell? How am I supposed to counter that? I’m genuinely curious. Build defenses, group with allies so you can punish him afterwards, ward better, buy Zhonya's or GA, have a support shield you. He does have great target access for an assassin though, and that's by design.
Senamz13 (NA)
: Why is Kayn allowed to ult after blue smiting?
Because it's coded on dealing damage, and triggering it with BoRK, Blue Smite, etc. is clearly considered an acceptable feature for Kayn to have, because changing it to "hit a target with a basic attack or ability" would have been a very easy change to make.
Raedyth (NA)
: Yuumi tries to 1v1 enemy repeatedly, I get banned for telling them "they do no dmg"
There's a difference between the following: * "Hey, you don't really have the damage to 1v1 them. Please play a little safer unless one of us is around" * "This yuumi has no damage. This yuumi isn't healing. Galio has 7 deaths and is flaming. Why is Galio talking at all?" Your log is the latter. The former is fine.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Ikilledurparents,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=Wvofdssp,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-09-12T01:27:35.026+0000)AN OPINION!!! WHICH IS WHAT THESE BOARDS ARE FOR!!! The boards are for opinions that do not violate the board rules, and there's a very clear rule about insulting other players. If you find that unreasonable, I suggest you find another place to post your thoughts.
: Alright I'm done with the moderators
> [{quoted}](name=Ikilledurparents,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=Wvofdssp,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-11T23:15:34.125+0000)I swear I can't say shit at all to anyone without it getting reported and removed apparently saying "Scum" is a violation... Saying "scum" isn't a violation. *Calling* someone scum is. Saying people who play ranked exist "to make people who would rather have fun than play competitively feel weak and pathetic" is. >I hit report and nothing happens but I get reported and I get suspended, what the actual fuck? The thread you were involved in was removed and reviewed. I can't go into the specifics of the actions taken against other players without them posting, but suffice to say we didn't just address the reports against you.
Terozu (NA)
: What is most iconic to Urgot's upper body?
It's going to be rough to capture that, because the things most key to Urgot's upper half are these: * Face mask * Enormous mechanical gun arm. * Giant grinder stomach.
Midg3t (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=EEsUUkvj,comment-id=00020000000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-10T19:28:33.389+0000) > > Typically making jokes (even light-hearted ones) towards frustrated players isn't really helping the discussion, and can be read as taunting. And yet whenever there are frustrated players posting on PB, there is always some1 taunting them in some way. And they're not punished in any way. More often than not, PB regulars look more toxic than players who got banned.
> [{quoted}](name=Midg3t,realm=EUNE,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=EEsUUkvj,comment-id=000200000002000000000001,timestamp=2019-09-10T19:51:19.300+0000)And yet whenever there are frustrated players posting on PB, there is always some1 taunting them in some way. And they're not punished in any way. Report those when you see them. PB has a *lot* of stuff on it, and we definitely don't get everything, but we actually get more of those than you might think.
Kanzler (NA)
: I'm curious. How many of his removals would you say were unjustified or even unnecessary? To be clear, how many are done because of nitpicking at technicalities or something like that? Im still baffled that, according to him, making a light hearted joke about someone's husband having a boyfriend logging into his LoL account is considered out of line.
> [{quoted}](name=Kanzler,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=EEsUUkvj,comment-id=0002000000020000,timestamp=2019-09-10T19:22:40.184+0000)I'm curious. How many of his removals would you say were unjustified or even unnecessary? To be clear, how many are done because of nitpicking at technicalities or something like that? I'm not reading through thousands of actions to give you a specific count. Apologies. He is not prone to nitpicking technicalities though, and he's one of the guys on the team most cautious about moderating posters he's engaged with or has personal history with. More than anyone else he passes on things he feels too involved with / too personally about. > Im still baffled that, according to him, making a light hearted joke about someone's husband having a boyfriend logging into his LoL account is considered out of line. I'm not sure I'd have *personally* removed that comment, but I do understand the removal. Typically making jokes (even light-hearted ones) towards frustrated players isn't really helping the discussion, and can be read as taunting.
Kanzler (NA)
: One of the main issues is that nothing seems to be done about it. Ulanopoo still has a different set of rules for each person and "specialists" like rujitra aren't actually a good source of information in their respective boards, but rather just capable of copy/pasting the exact same thing for every single thread without the ability to think for themselves. Those 2 have been the subject of complaints for ages, but nothing changes.
> [{quoted}](name=Kanzler,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=EEsUUkvj,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-10T17:35:22.301+0000)Ulanopoo still has a different set of rules for each person... Having looked into a large number of Ulanopo's actions, this is something that is commonly believed but not backed up by the actual data on the back end. He's simply one of our most prolific moderators, so he ends up getting an outsized number of complaints even though the actual percentage of removals people complain about is probably lower than average. >...and "specialists" aren't actually a good source of information in their respective boards, but rather just capable of copy/pasting the exact same thing for every single thread without the ability to think for themselves. We're aware of some concerns about this, and have been discussing it internally.
: Thats the thing. They literally edited or removed my perfectly normal posts and changed their own to slander me. when they saw how that would not be good for public image they removed the aggressive posts they did and lied about it when i noticed and brought it up. shortly was temp banned for providing evidence along with another poster. i cant even publicly show it now because i dont want to get banned again. exactly censorship and evasive tactics. Then riot can say oh its not our fault. lul
> [{quoted}](name=ImEzrealAsItGetz,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=EEsUUkvj,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2019-09-10T17:36:49.742+0000)Thats the thing. They literally edited or removed my perfectly normal posts and changed their own to slander me. Please link the thread in question in response to this comment. No one is going to step in and punish you for responding to my comment with data I requested, and I'll be able to look into any deletions or edits that occurred in the thread.
: Consistently seen the same mods, specialists, people, and heralds defending and censoring corruption
You're welcome to critique Riot or moderators when you abide by the board rules. Posts that don't will be removed. This subboard itself shows that we're happy to leave up criticism save when it starts breaking other board rules.
: It happened. I finally did it. I achieved the goal I set out for myself for this year.
: I think concepts are just totally ignored from Riot, nice idea but lost idea.
> [{quoted}](name=NightWhite69,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=KUe81YI2,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-09T10:32:18.362+0000) > > I think concepts are just totally ignored from Riot, nice idea but lost idea. Luckily I do these for fun and for design practice, as I've been getting game design interviews here and there and like to keep sharp as a result. I don't expect Riot to implement this in any way, shape, or form.
: Imo if the ult will be changed the way it is, it should at least have a slight steering mechanic like nunu/sion. obviously not too much but enough so that the stun portion should be easier to land. as it is, I feel like 90% of the time one part or another of the ult will be wasted. if you use the flying part at long range to get to a fight/gank, it's not uncommon that the enemy champs will have moved from where you will land. if you use it right away for the stun, then you lose out on your flying.
> [{quoted}](name=WynnChairman,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=caKkQ5x7,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2019-09-09T14:11:21.641+0000) > > Imo if the ult will be changed the way it is, it should at least have a slight steering mechanic like nunu/sion. obviously not too much but enough so that the stun portion should be easier to land. as it is, I feel like 90% of the time one part or another of the ult will be wasted. if you use the flying part at long range to get to a fight/gank, it's not uncommon that the enemy champs will have moved from where you will land. if you use it right away for the stun, then you lose out on your flying. The goal with the ultimate was to replicate the current Q+E pattern, where you cannot steer and cannot redirect the Q. Given that Aurelion Sol players seem to find success with the current pattern, I didn't see any reason to significantly change it.
Cloud6b (NA)
: 1. The one thing that constantly bugs me is the fact you guys ignore the already existing player base. {{champion:136}} as a champion does feel a little bit passive I’ll admit that. However {{champion:136}} is a niche champ with a very steep learning curve. There is no need to make him accessible to new players. I played him and I learned how to dominate with him in my games through a lot of trial and error. However now that I vented out tome for some feedback!
> [{quoted}](name=Cloud6b,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=caKkQ5x7,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2019-09-09T14:23:53.304+0000)1. The one thing that constantly bugs me is the fact you guys ignore the already existing player base. I'm not a Rioter, so I can't speak for their other decisions. I did try to keep the existing playerbase in mind as much as possible though. I believe Aurelion Sol *needs* some accessibility because his theme is one a lot of players love while his gameplay is incredibly niche, and that results in large amount of player frustration from players who find themselves really not clicking with a theme they adore. This suggestion was an attempt to retain A.Sol's unique gameplay (roaming, star-based battlemage) while adding some new elements that allow players expecting a slightly more mage-like playstyle to be able to pick him up easier and find some level of success.
Vilkiss (EUNE)
: So you backup maybe the worst decision making company in the history of mobas? Sucessful reworks? let me see.... Was it the leblanc? when they reworked her and she was literally doing nothing ? then the players discovered that playing her ad transforms her into a slaughter machine because the clone actually deals the same ammount of damage on basic attacks ? Then they reverted her ? Was it the rengar rework ? or "mini-rework" that they reverted as well ? because rengar was transformed into a 1v5 assassin ? that can 1 shot your entire team? Then they reverted his rework as WELL, and nerfed him to the ground, utterly making his passive useless without full stacks ? Was it the ... mordekaiser ? where people were abusing him as a support ? Then this current rework that is broken ? no matter if you build him tank or full ap, oh yea and btw, his basic attacks can deal some 1000+ magic attack damage with lich bane if full ap, and around 670-700 without ? I reached full build, and faced a 1800 hp full build fed jhin , i did 1 lich bane basic my e and hextech, 1shot . didn't even need my q . Was it removing Aatrox's Revival? That in no way is more broken then the 100% ad scaling shield of riven, or trynda's stupid ability? even tho he can 1shot you with 1 basic , and he can go with some stupid build made from ie,reaver,nashoor,rabadon ? and it works soooo fucking well ? making him restore all his hp at max q? Was it making removing tahm kench's passive procs on q ? and nerfing it so once you stun him the stacks dissapear ? That btw, it was not problem. The problem with tahm is his E shield/heal and his passive turning his hp into magic basic attack damage ? {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
> [{quoted}](name=Vilkiss,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=ZXvBoG3X,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-09T11:47:46.174+0000)So you backup maybe the worst decision making company in the history of mobas? Personal opinion on the success of each can vary. As I said, it isn't very relevant to my goals with this experiment either way, so I'd prefer not to get into a discussion about each individual past rework *or* reworks in general on this thread. Thanks!
Exibir mais

The Djinn

Nível 98 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão