Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: October 18
Are you worried that changing duo lane experience will result in bot lanes being too far behind compared to roaming midlaners? I know the changes are supposed to be good for top, but it seems like Mid will get much more powerful because of an even bigger discrepancy.
: Preseason 2020 Gameplay: Rise of the Elements
That elder drake seems massively op. Curious to see how it'll play out.
: Eternals Feedback Thread: Set 1 Uniques
Nasus should have something besides Kills During R, that's boring. It should be something else, like time reducing enemy armor or something more than just Kills.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: August 9
It better be something huge then if you refuse to make it so that people get equal items. They're too powerful to give someone a couple gold while others get items. Sure you can adapt and try to play for later, then you hit that one person who got like 3 items already and they roll over you and thats it.
Meddler (NA)
: A minimum of 1 item at least from PVE rounds beyond the first three should be in there in 9.14, though from memory one of the rounds is bugged and not always dropping an item as intended. I'll get some longer thoughts together (probably for next week) on how we're approaching the first three rounds and why we don't believe everyone getting an identical number of items is the right approach.
Getting screwed early by rng is not fun now, has never been fun, and will never be fun. Please do something about making sure it's even because getting having to go up against people who got lucky doesn't make it very fun, even if sure technically it might even out later. If you live that long.
: Yea * Mikael's crucible is in need of a rework. Overly ping reliant and can be made to better work for players of all skill levels * Ohmwrecker - tower disable hasn't proven to be a healthy mechanic and the item has nearly 0 users currently * Wit's end was this recently - if our 9.7 changes don't give it a more used niche it would fall in here Some opportunities that we would like to pursue with freed up space * More choice and options in lethality builds * An ap bruiser / ap melee item * All around cleanup of support items, get some more choice in there and dont force players into 5 actives in one build
>the item has nearly 0 users currently It has more than 0?
: Buying the skin outright just defeats the purpose of what a Prestige skin is for me. When the concept first came out I was happy because I thought it would add some sort rarity/exclusivity back to the game through GAMEPLAY rather than MENUPLAY. Guess I was wrong.
At least this is a step in the right direction. They're never going to get rid of all the whale-bait but it's a work in progress hopefully.
: So then by the end of the year you could potentially end up with 400 Prestige Points? Thank you for the replies! :)
You could potentially end up with 9 prestige skins. 4 from the passes, 4 from the 100 points, and 1 from the mission points
Rock MD (NA)
: I'm confused. Say I wanted a prestige skin that's not part of the pass (KDA Ahri). The prestige points would cost slightly more than upfront buying the tokens for a battle pass-style Prestige Skin (like Kai'sa or Vayne)? Also, rough estimate how much money would I be sinking in then?
You'd buy the pass, which are $10ish and grind for the tokens, say 1100, and that would get you 100 prestige points to buy Ahri with. Or you could use 1000 tokens and get kai'sa, no points needed, and spend like 130 dollars for the points to get ahri.
: Correct. Though that's a LOT of playing :P
Oh for sure. Just wanted to make sure you it wasn't going to be a choice at the start which option you would have to take, specifically the missions + other option as thats the most realistic here.
: It's not an RP bundle. It's a bundle in the event shop, using tokens.
So theoretically assuming you have the time, you could get the pass skin, the 100 points for the bundle, and 25 for the missions?
Meddler (NA)
: Some changes being tested internally that are still very work in progress so not on the PBE. Ongoing issues with his solo queue performance being weak while his pro performance remains too strong. Expectation is additional changes besides number adjustments are needed as a result.
It's probably that free GA he gets that lets him do all sorts of dives consequence free.
: Thanks for taking the time to leave this comment. :D
> [{quoted}](name=Riot SapMagic,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=voxV8l2u,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-03-01T17:46:13.930+0000) > > Thanks for taking the time to leave this comment. :D Please don't remove it just because it's not perfect immediately. It's so much better than single rank, I'd hate it to be removed so fast just because people complained at change like they always will.
: Champion Weaknesses in 2019
>For all new champs and VGUs from now on, the goal is: A champion has clear moments of vulnerability and is generally weak to a significant number of champions (roughly 20+) or a common mechanic (like hard CC). Why has that not been a goal since the beginning?
Meddler (NA)
: Nothing concrete yet. First step's likely to be assessing the previous round of shroud changes and whether we ought to start with more work on that ability or not.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=eJ3T6JR4,comment-id=000f0000,timestamp=2019-01-11T17:28:10.321+0000) > > Nothing concrete yet. First step's likely to be assessing the previous round of shroud changes and whether we ought to start with more work on that ability or not. Broken record at this point here but you should really try removing the true stealth part of it, at least under turrets. It's insanity that it even exists in the first place, and will only continue to prevent her from actually getting meaningful effective changes as long as she's allowed to break the rules. People don't want to play with it.
Meddler (NA)
: We're looking at it. Opinion is split internally on whether supporting stealth under towers is the way to go or not. We're doing some experimentation with a set of changes internally right now. Update to follow once those have helped resolve which direction we'll go.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=bEE1jbqr,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-12-05T16:51:52.549+0000) > > We're looking at it. Opinion is split internally on whether supporting stealth under towers is the way to go or not. We're doing some experimentation with a set of changes internally right now. Update to follow once those have helped resolve which direction we'll go. "Opinion is split internally on whether supporting stealth under towers is the way to go or not" It really, really isn't. It's unlike everything else in the game in that the tower can't protect you anymore. It just lets her do whatever she wants for free because it's impossible to stop. it's so immensely frustrating to have to deal with letting her stealth break all the rules. I know it's not really true and more of just a joke, but I really think of that meteos vid where oh it's so unique that this ability can break aaaaaaall the rules. But it's not fun. It's never been fun, it's never going to be fun to have a champ that has an ability that has no counter play beyond a steadily increasing cooldown. Please consider the frustrations of people that have to deal with it rather than if it's "fun" for the person playing it.
Meddler (NA)
: Long term we think it'd be good to allow marksmen some more flexibility in which positions they play. First priority for us though is to address some issues with them in their existing position. Particularly interested though in things that potentially help with both, like the starting MR example mentioned above. Would also want to try and avoid changes that made them effective in other positions but ended up pushing them out of bot. Generally we see players stick to positions more than they move with champions so a champ becoming only effective in a position you don't play can be pretty painful for existing players.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=FsE5FU2M,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2018-11-30T16:58:57.915+0000) > > Long term we think it'd be good to allow marksmen some more flexibility in which positions they play. First priority for us though is to address some issues with them in their existing position. Particularly interested though in things that potentially help with both, like the starting MR example mentioned above. Would also want to try and avoid changes that made them effective in other positions but ended up pushing them out of bot. Generally we see players stick to positions more than they move with champions so a champ becoming only effective in a position you don't play can be pretty painful for existing players. I find it interesting how you say you don't want to remove champs from previous roles now as it's painful for existing players. Is that what the philosophy has always been or is it in reaction to previous situations like graves/corki/taliyah? Also do you think 8.11 went too far and that possibly reverting some of the nerfs could be helpful (given that you nerfed pretty much everything about them you could) And finally I know you've mentioned this in other comments here but what are the chances of stormrazor getting straight up removed? Unlikely I'm sure but please consider it at least. God that item sucks to build.
: NA LCS: Format update for 2018
What garbage. Bo1 in no way determines the better team. If you want to improve viewership whatever but don't hide behind the argument that it "sends the best and most competitive teams to playoffs." It was nice that NA finally got a little closer to regions like LCK but I guess you care more about viewers than actually making anything competitive.
: Can you talk about your philosophy of fewer new champs and maybe doing away with it? I mean I get that riot wanted more reworks but for me it feels like the system backfired on you guys. Here are my main points: > Reworks are high risk low reward. Think of the cass and ryze reworks that failed. Sometimes you change a champ completely and some of the fans hate the end result no more assassin Poppy, no more mid-lane Soraka, Soraka is still overpassive and game warping, no nuclear spear Nidalee etc. They are definitely high risk. No argument there. We do them for multiple reasons however. A big one is that champions frequently don't age well, whether it's their art or abilities. We do try and appeal to players who currently love those champions, and we have tried to get better about that, but it's not always easy. One of our competing goals is that we also want to make some of those champions healthy, and in some cases, it's the unhealthy part of those champs that certain players fall in love with. > Riot is maybe releasing 1 new champ for a role per year. If you main one role (support) and you hate the new champs offered (TK or Bard), the game gets very stale for you as you don't get anything new. For years. If you want older players to stay, some need exploration. Some need new champs. I mean look at top. You guys haven't designed a champ specifically for top in over 2 years now. No wonder people are bring AP champs up there, riot has let the meta go terribly stale and people are getting bored and boned (bruisers and brusier items needed TLC for years). > Champion releases are something to look forward to. If you main a single role, you have very little to personally look forward to. And then riot makes a support whose role is that of a pile of meat who isn't your type of support to play and is annoying to play against. The newest support I own is nami. At this point, I'm not looking forward to you guys making a support I want to play ever again. I'd like to get a new support, but riot doesn't make anything that appeals to me anymore. We think our cadence of new champ releases is a little low. That ultimately happens because we don't want to ship champions in which we have low confidence, so we work on them until we think you guys will like them. But if we could speed it up, we would, and hopefully we will get there. I think the sweet spot is something like 8-12 new champs a year. We don't need to go back to 2012 when we released one a patch!
> They are definitely high risk. No argument there. We do them for multiple reasons however. A big one is that champions frequently don't age well, whether it's their art or abilities. We do try and appeal to players who currently love those champions, and we have tried to get better about that, but it's not always easy. One of our competing goals is that we also want to make some of those champions healthy, and in some cases, it's the unhealthy part of those champs that certain players fall in love with. I know it's a bit late given thread is so old but I'm curious what your opinion on the new Malzahar is? I used to be a big fan of the old one but from my experience with the new one its like the team that reworked him took him back behind the shed and shot the enjoyment out of him. While playing him it feels like he does little damage outside his braindead minions and it can be incredibly unsatisfying to play him now. I know it probably ties in to what you said regarding it not being healthy for the game but given the constant number of nerfs to his damage, mana costs, attack range and the latest on to his passive it seems like it wasn't effective at all. I see in the patch notes and everything that Riot wants to make him more interactive in lane but from all my game experience he's even less interactive than his old self. The autofarming lane is just done by the voidlings rather than his e. You say you try to appeal to players that love the champ but I have yet to see anyone say new is better than old, especially after the constant beating with the nerf bat, and people still despise laning against him. Just wondering since while I've been mostly okay with the reworks (new ryze is fantastic) Malzahar is one gigantic failure and it sucks because Riot took one of my favorite champs and made it honestly just awful to play.

TheEndlessRiver

Nível 170 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão