: Can we have a rework on what Champions are considered Melee and Ranged?
BBKong (NA)
: Champs That Are Underrated Design-Wise
{{champion:14}} I love this champ with a passion. Everything in his kit screams counterplay. You can dodge his E You can maneuver past his ult, literally walk out his q. OR if you stun him during him using q he loses the same mana but the cooldown is at 2 seconds. When you play sion you have to keep your shield up other wise you can't deal a burst of damage. And most of all is immobile so it's really easy to gank. Now i know it sounds weird to state every weakness in the champions kit and call it amazing but look at it like this if you play sion and you manage to play around his weakness it feels really satisfying to play. Every part of his combo (E>WQ>R>W) has counterplay so it actually feels like you're outplaying the opponent if you land all of these abilities. The only thing I hate about this champion is the fact that he's a tank he's so much more fun damage or brusier.
: > [{quoted}](name=TheFailingMonkey,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8KBQJKIn,comment-id=001e,timestamp=2019-12-03T04:58:11.721+0000) > > Legend has it, there was a group of mage items {{item:3165}} {{item:3135}} {{item:3020}} that gave ridiculous magic pen despite costing very little. And despite these items offering no mana whatsoever a "core mage first item{{item:3285}} {{item:3040}} " solved all those pesky mana issues allowing mages to spam without a second thought. So be warned, tank players for your itemization against mages are f&cking garbage. objection there is currently more armor pen there there is magic pen {{item:3071}} {{item:3147}} {{item:3814}} {{item:3124}} {{item:3033}} {{item:3181}} {{item:3179}} {{item:3142}} {{item:3036}} which is why assassins are stupidly broken right now. most the time the reason a mage end up being strong is because the tank is to busy building armor to counter all of that armor pen. i rarely if ever see a tank build{{item:3001}} or{{item:3194}} i've only ever seen the few tanks build{{item:3065}} and that's only for the hp regen. the best way to fix this instead of gutting the mages would be to a: not give out armor pen like candy. b: make the other MR items more appealing. (which they are, but people don't read descriptions on what MR item fits what situation.) c: don't get mad at a {{champion:111}} or other ap based tanks that builds {{item:3102}}
> [{quoted}](name=hazerddex,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8KBQJKIn,comment-id=001e0000,timestamp=2019-12-03T21:28:44.408+0000) > > objection there is currently more armor pen there there is magic pen > > {{item:3071}} {{item:3147}} {{item:3814}} {{item:3124}} {{item:3033}} {{item:3181}} {{item:3179}} {{item:3142}} > {{item:3036}} > > which is why assassins are stupidly broken right now. > > most the time the reason a mage end up being strong is because the tank is to busy building armor to counter all of that armor pen. > i rarely if ever see a tank build{{item:3001}} or{{item:3194}} > i've only ever seen the few tanks build{{item:3065}} and that's only for the hp regen. > > the best way to fix this instead of gutting the mages would be to > a: not give out armor pen like candy. > > b: make the other MR items more appealing. (which they are, but people don't read descriptions on what MR item fits what situation.) > > c: don't get mad at a {{champion:111}} or other ap based tanks that builds {{item:3102}} Yeah there's several assassins have various itemization but let's look at the costs for some of items for each and the stats they offer which btw(practically do the same thing) {{item:1026}} -850 gold for 40 ap {{item:1038}} - 1300 cold for 40 ad but what's that? ap abilites require higher ap stats? oh well {{item:1058}} 1250 -gold for 60 ap so why does it still cost less than {{item:1038}} (Love that balance rito really do) {{item:3036}} -2800 gold for 35 arm pen and 45 ad damage {{item:3135}} -2650 gold for 70 ap damage and 40 magic pen (THERE'S CLEARLY NO BIAS FOR MAGES WHATSOEVER) {{item:3157}} -2900 gold for 75 ap damage and 45 armor AND has and active that negates assassins AND GIVES CDR? (THE WHOLE CLASS OF ASSASSINS LITERALLY CANNOT FUNCTION AGAINST MAGES BECAUSE OF THIS ITEM) {{item:3026}} -2800 gold 45 ad and 40 armor with an active that has a cooldown for 300 SECONDS {{item:3156}} -3250 gold 50 ad and 50 magic resist with 350 MAGIC SHIELD (LITERALLY ONLY DEFENDS AGAINST MAGES NOT THE WHOLE CLASS JUST MAGES) {{item:3102}} 3000 gold with 75 ap and 60 magic resist with a shield that negates ANY ABILITY CAST ON IT( PLUS LET'S NOT FORGET THAT EDGE OF NIGHT HAD THE SAME ACTIVE BUT THE DIFFERENCE WAS YOU HAD(i know that they changed it but i wanna point out that riot f&cked up) TO TIME YOUR ACTIVE COMPARED TO THIS BANSHEES WHERE THE ACTIVE IS AUTOMATICALLY UP) {{item:3133}} -1100 gold for 25 ad and 10 cdr {{item:3108}} -900 gold for 35 ap and 10 cdr ( see it's balanced cause zed one shots you not because you f&ck up every other class in the game that doesn't have a ounce of ap) {{item:3853}} -60 ap with 150 health {{item:3857}} -24 ad with 300 health (guys it's ok, you have twice their max hp while they have over twice your ad as ap) {{item:3864}} -35 ad with 150 health (and you thought tanks have it bad) In conclusion, mages are the ones stupidly broken not assassins. And tanks literally don't build mr not because magic damage is bad, it's the polar opposite. Magic damage is so good that building mr is pointless. Just by having boots and void staff alone for mages negates 55% of their magic resist. IF they balance this out and they won't. Then yes I'd agree that assassins are bs and should really be looked at because nobody likes not having a chance to outplay their opponent. But my opinions still stands mages, are, broken. Ps, why would a ap tank even build banshees adaptive helm is so much more better. btw there's several mentions i left out like doran's ring or black cleaver vs hextech protobelt.
: Came across this horrible bug in-game
: Is senna too strong, underwhelming, or just right?
From my personal experience, Senna ADC, doesn't really work what so ever (keyword being MY experience, i could just have some trashy players.) But when I see a Senna support It's really unfun to fight because that's a lot of damage for very little risk.
: Can anyone explain how tanks can actually be tanks.
Legend has it, there was a group of mage items {{item:3165}} {{item:3135}} {{item:3020}} that gave ridiculous magic pen despite costing very little. And despite these items offering no mana whatsoever a "core mage first item{{item:3285}} {{item:3040}} " solved all those pesky mana issues allowing mages to spam without a second thought. So be warned, tank players for your itemization against mages are f&cking garbage.
: The cool down after being rooted or stunned makes sense and getting knocked off with as well would make sense but not being able to teleport with your ally makes no sense. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
> [{quoted}](name=WoollyWitch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tVuAgecb,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-12-03T04:35:54.649+0000) > > The cool down after being rooted or stunned makes sense and getting knocked off with as well would make sense but not being able to teleport with your ally makes no sense. > {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} I fail to see a problem with not being able to teleport with your ally. All this shows is that now Yummi actually gets consequences for not showing up in lane in time instead of getting a pass for teleporting.(Y'know something that all REGULAR SUPPORTS DEAL WITH?)
Mártir (EUW)
: Please... Yuumi is unplayable, she sits ona 39%WR average, for so long.
Yummi's a champion that's only reliant on the ADC's skill. Her problem with her winrate isn't that she's bad it's that she CANNOT DO ANYTHING solo. No wards, no sweeps, only heals and buffs ADC's damage so good luck trying to defend against a gank. Congrats rito you made a vegetable now let's put in the stew of boring champions.
: "No adc likes a Yummi support they dont do enough" ...
Being someone who's played Yummi and compared her to other supports. I think she's pretty over stat, buff her damage nerf her healing by like, half. Does waayy to much for so little risk.
Zullar (NA)
: Apparently Discussing Burst and Mobility Isn't "Gameplay"
I like how the moderator says that this isn't about gameplay but proceeds to talk about rito's statistics for surveys about GAMEPLAY
: Morde is broken right now.
> [{quoted}](name=Anime Fizz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kuByVxQ8,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-12-01T20:07:20.391+0000) > > Morde is broken right now. Preach, Morde's items are cheaper they deal more damage, his "skillshots" are easier and little unknown fact about morde's ult (HE STEALS 10% of ALL YOUR STATS(INCLUDING HEALTH)) He ONLY weakness is has cooldown reduction on his items cause none of the items he uses are good for CDR whatsoever.
: I assume ur joking now or rather i hope. Support items are better now than they were back then since now a days u can basically play any champ support due to now having to invest any gold into the support item itself.
> [{quoted}](name=Et Tu Geddn XNa ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Qm0ArJ3l,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-01T19:38:26.130+0000) > > I assume ur joking now or rather i hope. Support items are better now than they were back then since now a days u can basically play any champ support due to now having to invest any gold into the support item itself. Lmao imagine a enchanter/mage support running out of mana from spamming abilities in lane. (There's a massive layer of sarcasm)
: Shun po cast time, eh? What about {{champion:157}} and his E cast time? 0.5 seconds at rank 1, 0.1 (one-tenth of a second) at rank 5. Four second impenetrable wind wall, a shield that regenerates during combat and resets entirely at 100% on ult, a Q with 100% lifesteal effect with a ranged AOE knockup every 1.3 seconds at rank 5 and about 3.7 at rank 1. What about an assassin with true damage built into his kit who cannot be slowed attack or movement speed wise while he ults, and every kill or assist makes that ult last another seven seconds up to -35- seconds in length? {{champion:11}} Remember, his bio and all Riot official listings have him as -assassin- not as a skirmisher, which is what Yasuo is. Yi can also meditate for five seconds, healing for hundreds of health and blocking 50% of incoming damage (25% on turrets) while charging his passive, pausing ult, and pausing his E active. Or someone with a built-in Warmog's passive only better and procs faster with a built-in Black Cleaver for an E, a built-in Gargoyle Stoneplate for a W passive, and a spammable Q with movement boost/slow removal/1.5 second silence/over 1.0 AD scaling damage basic attack who deals true damage to "Villains" and max missing health magic damage to the rest of the team and can tank 27 turret shots with 2 tank items? And of course, he has no mana. That'd be our juggernaut {{champion:86}} There is a champion in this game who cannot die for five seconds {{champion:23}} no matter what you do, outside of that he can be dealt with. Once he clicks the button, you cannot kill him until its gone. Period. Now, as far as mages being broken, let's talk about all the nerfs the mages have gotten since pre-season 6 in 2016. This is not a comprehensive list, mind you. - Removal of multiple mana regen per 5 items - Removal of mana potions - Reworking of Abyssal Scepter into Abyssal Mask, removing a staple of mages for a while. - Reworking of Morellonomicon to remove 20% max mana restoration on kill or assist - Removal of 1.5% mana restore per 5 mastery, which was nerfed to 1.25% and then changed to 1% on Manaflow Band with Runes Reforged - AP and health nerfs on Rylai's Crystal Scepter along with slow decrease - Zhonya's Hourglass nerfed from 120 to 75 AP - Luden's Echo nerfed from 100 AP to 90 AP - Mage shield reduction in length in one patch (Janna, Lulu, Sona, etc) - Rod of Ages/Catalyst level up reward health/mana nerfed to health on cast and mana on damage taken, with significant caps - Doran's Ring removing mana on unit kill, leaving early game near useless - Removal of all flat AP/scaling AP runes and masteries, leaving mages with about 10-20 AP MAXIMUM starting out - Removal of Will of the Ancients preventing any spellvamp/healing of significance - Nerfing of Domination's Ravenous Hunter which directly effects early game of mages and assassins alike - Nerfing of Void Staff flat AP So when Riot addresses the first four examples of actual broken mechanics, then you can talk to me about mages.
> [{quoted}](name=The JigSAW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KHcJcssg,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-11-27T04:24:26.959+0000) > > Shun po cast time, eh? What about {{champion:157}} and his E cast time? 0.5 seconds at rank 1, 0.1 (one-tenth of a second) at rank 5. Four second impenetrable wind wall, a shield that regenerates during combat and resets entirely at 100% on ult, a Q with 100% lifesteal effect with a ranged AOE knockup every 1.3 seconds at rank 5 and about 3.7 at rank 1. > > What about an assassin with true damage built into his kit who cannot be slowed attack or movement speed wise while he ults, and every kill or assist makes that ult last another seven seconds up to -35- seconds in length? {{champion:11}} Remember, his bio and all Riot official listings have him as -assassin- not as a skirmisher, which is what Yasuo is. Yi can also meditate for five seconds, healing for hundreds of health and blocking 50% of incoming damage (25% on turrets) while charging his passive, pausing ult, and pausing his E active. > > Or someone with a built-in Warmog's passive only better and procs faster with a built-in Black Cleaver for an E, a built-in Gargoyle Stoneplate for a W passive, and a spammable Q with movement boost/slow removal/1.5 second silence/over 1.0 AD scaling damage basic attack who deals true damage to "Villains" and max missing health magic damage to the rest of the team and can tank 27 turret shots with 2 tank items? And of course, he has no mana. That'd be our juggernaut {{champion:86}} > > There is a champion in this game who cannot die for five seconds {{champion:23}} no matter what you do, outside of that he can be dealt with. Once he clicks the button, you cannot kill him until its gone. Period. > > Now, as far as mages being broken, let's talk about all the nerfs the mages have gotten since pre-season 6 in 2016. This is not a comprehensive list, mind you. > > - Removal of multiple mana regen per 5 items > - Removal of mana potions > - Reworking of Abyssal Scepter into Abyssal Mask, removing a staple of mages for a while. > - Reworking of Morellonomicon to remove 20% max mana restoration on kill or assist > - Removal of 1.5% mana restore per 5 mastery, which was nerfed to 1.25% and then changed to 1% on Manaflow Band with Runes Reforged > - AP and health nerfs on Rylai's Crystal Scepter along with slow decrease > - Zhonya's Hourglass nerfed from 120 to 75 AP > - Luden's Echo nerfed from 100 AP to 90 AP > - Mage shield reduction in length in one patch (Janna, Lulu, Sona, etc) > - Rod of Ages/Catalyst level up reward health/mana nerfed to health on cast and mana on damage taken, with significant caps > - Doran's Ring removing mana on unit kill, leaving early game near useless > - Removal of all flat AP/scaling AP runes and masteries, leaving mages with about 10-20 AP MAXIMUM starting out > - Removal of Will of the Ancients preventing any spellvamp/healing of significance > - Nerfing of Domination's Ravenous Hunter which directly effects early game of mages and assassins alike > - Nerfing of Void Staff flat AP > > So when Riot addresses the first four examples of actual broken mechanics, then you can talk to me about mages. You know, everything you just mentioned all have very specific circumstances that not to mention, EVERYONE PUTS UP WITH NOT JUST MAGES. Still have counter play e.g. master yi always shows up behind the target creature. garen is just running at you so that's just ez skillshots. Yasuo is easy to gank, plus he can only dash if he has minions. Tryndamere is r%%%%%ed nobody like fighting regardless of class. But all those item changes rito has made for mages have already been compensated. You can literally compare {{item:3036}} and {{item:3135}} just to see that mages nerfs don't mean shit.
: > [{quoted}](name=TheFailingMonkey,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PnA4H5td,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T02:58:47.999+0000) > > ADC's in a sense do have to aim their autoattack, if you've even seen a ADC autoattack, reposition and then autoattack again, they had to right-click your character, move to the side, then right-click again on your character. A mistake would've put them in a worse position(perhaps right click beside you) they would be heading towards where you are making it easier for you to land skillshots. > And in the early-game ADCs don't really good damage (just look at press the attack you literally have to land 3 auto attacks before you can truly deal all your damage), most of their damage comes from the support at the begining of the game. > PS. All the mages I listed above have CC that goes through minions > PSS. I don't remember mentioning that you can hide behind minions(Please correct me if i'm wrong) Youre comparing auto attacking, something every champion does, to aiming a skill shot. Are you for real right now? You can even bind attack champion only and attack move click (what I do as adc) and it makes it even easier.
> [{quoted}](name=vgamedude,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PnA4H5td,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T03:16:52.809+0000) > > Youre comparing auto attacking, something every champion does, to aiming a skill shot. Are you for real right now? You can even bind attack champion only and attack move click (what I do as adc) and it makes it even easier. I mean, I did mention how press the attack requires 3 auto attacks before actually dealing damage or when you auto attack it keeps you in place on minions or champions making it easier for people to place skill shots on you? I mean just because every champion does it doesn't mean it's easy on every champion just look at {{champion:101}} vs {{champion:67}} Vayne doesn't have a single skill shot in her kit, yet Xerath can win easy in a 1v1.
: Bruiser Item Concepts
These Items are really cool, wish rito would make these items for bruisers
: "Raptor Cloak doesn't build into anything. Sorry, Darius"
Because every item they make for Raptor Cloak is either busted or garbage (Imagine if they made a item where they put raptor cloak with phage)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheFailingMonkey,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PnA4H5td,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T02:32:33.842+0000) > > I do agree that you can't dodge a ADC's autoattack. But here's the thing when you look at {{item:3312}} it gives mana regen, cooldown reduction and ability power. So now you have an item that allows you to shoot skill shots constantly with little worry for your mana. Plus, when an champion autoattacks they're forced to stay still. So if you just wait for the ADC to autoattack a minion that's your opportunity to poke. Now with that in mind it's even worse when it comes to melee champions because now you have to move up to the minion wave to get some farm, making it even more ridiculously predictable to poke. You can test this out with a Darius and Teemo. Just wait for him to walk up to the minion wave and just auto, there's little he can do unless he engages(btw Teemo has blind and movement speed so good luck with engaging.). > But I'm getting off topic, suppose a ADC is focusing you instead, it requires maybe 2-3 auto attacks for an ADC to start dishing out damage(let's assume that'll take 2 seconds), In that time a {{champion:143}}{{champion:518}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:16}} can easily cc and q a ADC while they're auto attacking which then sets up for the other team's ADC.WHILE being a safe distance away from the opposing ADC. > TL;DR aiming and hitting skillshots is subjective because cooldowns in the support lane is very low and mana is easily given back making dodging skillshots become dodging 40 skillshots. Yet adcs never have to aim their auto attack and start doing far far far more reliable damage than those mages, and you can't hide behind minions.
> [{quoted}](name=vgamedude,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PnA4H5td,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T02:41:20.965+0000) > > Yet adcs never have to aim their auto attack and start doing far far far more reliable damage than those mages, and you can't hide behind minions. ADC's in a sense do have to aim their autoattack, if you've even seen a ADC autoattack, reposition and then autoattack again, they had to right-click your character, move to the side, then right-click again on your character. A mistake would've put them in a worse position(perhaps right click beside you) they would be heading towards where you are making it easier for you to land skillshots. And in the early-game ADCs don't really good damage (just look at press the attack you literally have to land 3 auto attacks before you can truly deal all your damage), most of their damage comes from the support at the begining of the game. PS. All the mages I listed above have CC that goes through minions PSS. I don't remember mentioning that you can hide behind minions(Please correct me if i'm wrong)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheFailingMonkey,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PnA4H5td,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-20T01:50:11.133+0000) > > IMO I think these changes are slightly better for the support role. Mages are the top dog in the support role, ADCs and other supports have to dodge several skillshots just to survive the laning phase(seriously ADCs will get two-shot by a {{champion:143}} ).Tank supports{{champion:14}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:106}} (that don't have a hook) can barely function in their lane against a Mage. I also think this could be the reason why ADCs really don't have fun in their role they keep getting blown up by these mages instead of actually sustaining to the late game. Seeing how these items changes nerfs Mages early game and gives some decent sustain instead of getting one-shot themselves should be amazing for the support role.It gives them a chance to actually get for other supports to get a lead in the lane instead of losing half their health because they wanted to auto a minion for relic shield. At least they have to aim and hit skill shots. You say it like adcs being expected to be able to DODGE while shooting unmissable autos is egregious.
> [{quoted}](name=vgamedude,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PnA4H5td,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-11-20T02:05:54.547+0000) > > At least they have to aim and hit skill shots. You say it like adcs being expected to be able to DODGE while shooting unmissable autos is egregious. I do agree that you can't dodge a ADC's autoattack. But here's the thing when you look at {{item:3312}} it gives mana regen, cooldown reduction and ability power. So now you have an item that allows you to shoot skill shots constantly with little worry for your mana. Plus, when an champion autoattacks they're forced to stay still. So if you just wait for the ADC to autoattack a minion that's your opportunity to poke. Now with that in mind it's even worse when it comes to melee champions because now you have to move up to the minion wave to get some farm, making it even more ridiculously predictable to poke. You can test this out with a Darius and Teemo. Just wait for him to walk up to the minion wave and just auto, there's little he can do unless he engages(btw Teemo has blind and movement speed so good luck with engaging.). But I'm getting off topic, suppose a ADC is focusing you instead, it requires maybe 2-3 auto attacks for an ADC to start dishing out damage(let's assume that'll take 2 seconds), In that time a {{champion:143}}{{champion:518}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:16}} can easily cc and q a ADC while they're auto attacking which then sets up for the other team's ADC.WHILE being a safe distance away from the opposing ADC. TL;DR aiming and hitting skillshots is subjective because cooldowns in the support lane is very low and mana is easily given back making dodging skillshots become dodging 40 skillshots.
: > [{quoted}](name=TheFailingMonkey,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TqfEB5hI,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-11-20T01:00:53.641+0000) > > Y'know if you think about it notice that every tank support that has a "chance" of winning lane has a hook{{champion:412}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:111}} (maybe you need to be ranged to win in the first place), every other tank is absolute garbage from the itemization{{item:3190}} {{item:3109}} {{item:3050}} (btw these are actually all the items a tank support can actually build, everything else is balanced for regular tanks so when you're a tank support with low gold getting these items is practically impossible), base stats, and how they're removing relic shield's heal for next season. It's already bad with {{champion:12}} and {{champion:201}} win-rate. I truly fear for tanks supports next season. hook supports have been really strong for a while because of the amount of damage you take if you get cc'd once in lane. In the last 2 seasons at least when you get hit by any of their abilities youre chunked for over half your hp, or just dead.
> [{quoted}](name=Pendergast891,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TqfEB5hI,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-11-20T01:36:38.146+0000) > > hook supports have been really strong for a while because of the amount of damage you take if you get cc'd once in lane. In the last 2 seasons at least when you get hit by any of their abilities youre chunked for over half your hp, or just dead. Honestly I really agree Hook supports need nerfs, But I'm a jerk so I'm gonna play devil's advocate, Hook supports need to land a very risky skillshot just so they can potentially get a kill otherwise they're dead in the water. Just look at {{champion:53}}; if he misses his hook his pressure is non-existent now he's just free poke.So in a sense they need to deal stupid amounts of damage if they land that hook. Now do I think this gameplay is fun? God no, this is really annoying and tedious for both sides of the lane. {{champion:53}} needs to land his hook to kill the opposing laners, and if he misses he's useless. But for the other side(Let's say {{champion:40}} ) you're scared and hiding behind the minion wave the whole time until he misses that hook. It's just a game of who disposition themselves first. (I know there's other ways to manipulate that pressure with his W and E as {{champion:53}} but this is the main part of his kit.)
: Riot ruining Support once again
IMO I think these changes are slightly better for the support role. Mages are the top dog in the support role, ADCs and other supports have to dodge several skillshots just to survive the laning phase(seriously ADCs will get two-shot by a {{champion:143}} ).Tank supports{{champion:14}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:106}} (that don't have a hook) can barely function in their lane against a Mage. I also think this could be the reason why ADCs really don't have fun in their role they keep getting blown up by these mages instead of actually sustaining to the late game. Seeing how these items changes nerfs Mages early game and gives some decent sustain instead of getting one-shot themselves should be amazing for the support role.It gives them a chance to actually get for other supports to get a lead in the lane instead of losing half their health because they wanted to auto a minion for relic shield.
: you aren't actually allowed a functioning tank support item because that means tank meta and tank meta is bad times. you can have a barely serviceable item though.
Actually, Riot had a solution once by making supports have their item shop separate from the regular items, but Riot decided it would be too much work. Ironically now poke supports can take mage items(which are super cheap btw) and poke you even harder out the lane.
: Where's my support item as a melee tank support?
Y'know if you think about it notice that every tank support that has a "chance" of winning lane has a hook{{champion:412}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:111}} (maybe you need to be ranged to win in the first place), every other tank is absolute garbage from the itemization{{item:3190}} {{item:3109}} {{item:3050}} (btw these are actually all the items a tank support can actually build, everything else is balanced for regular tanks so when you're a tank support with low gold getting these items is practically impossible), base stats, and how they're removing relic shield's heal for next season. It's already bad with {{champion:12}} and {{champion:201}} win-rate. I truly fear for tanks supports next season.

TheFailingMonkey

Nível 166 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão