: If you want to discuss Moderator actions (such as thread/comment removals), you'll want to create a thread in _[Discuss the Boards](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation)_, which is a subforum dedicated to Moderator action as well as guidance in using the Boards. _Player Behavior_ is more intended for discussing the player behavior systems (IFS, LeaverBuster, Honor) and individual player behavior. As an aside; > ...without a bunch of moderators spamming down vote... To my knowledge, most of the Moderators tend to err on withholding downvotes out of respect to discussion. I haven't seen any outstanding cases to the contrary, so I'd reckon if you're getting downvoted a lot, it's by other players who just disagree with you for one reason or another, not Moderators. > This is the place where you want people to ask for game play changes and yet it is highly restricted on what people can actually post. If you're talking about the _[Gameplay](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance)_ subforum, the biggest restrictions there to my knowledge are that you have to remain respectful and you have to actually present a discussable argument; you can't just call for "nerf x" or the like. There are of course more general guidelines to follow, but, as someone who never really looks at _Gameplay_, those are the two biggest rules I know apply.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2EAZHHjd,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-17T14:16:29.412+0000) > > If you want to discuss Moderator actions (such as thread/comment removals), you'll want to create a thread in _[Discuss the Boards](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation)_, which is a subforum dedicated to Moderator action as well as guidance in using the Boards. > > _Player Behavior_ is more intended for discussing the player behavior systems (IFS, LeaverBuster, Honor) and individual player behavior. > > As an aside; > > To my knowledge, most of the Moderators tend to err on withholding downvotes out of respect to discussion. I haven't seen any outstanding cases to the contrary, so I'd reckon if you're getting downvoted a lot, it's by other players who just disagree with you for one reason or another, not Moderators. > > If you're talking about the _[Gameplay](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance)_ subforum, the biggest restrictions there to my knowledge are that you have to remain respectful and you have to actually present a discussable argument; you can't just call for "nerf x" or the like. > > There are of course more general guidelines to follow, but, as someone who never really looks at _Gameplay_, those are the two biggest rules I know apply. These specific forums are full of Riot sympathizers. They tend to downvote many topics that could be construed as criticism towards Riot, while Reddit is the exact opposite. This is of course a generalization, but it mostly holds true. There isn't really proof of moderates mass down voting topics, but I am sure it does happen from time to time. The moderators here on unable to accept that Riot could be doing something wrong a lot of the time. Also I'd like to call into question what a "discussable argument is". That is ENTIRELY subjective and has no place as a guideline.
Comentários de Rioters
: > Defending yourself is a basic human right. There's defending yourself, and there's getting into petty flamewars that serves no purpose. There's a pretty substantial difference between self-defense and starting into a shouting match, and in League, it's _always_ shouting matches in the case of "self defense". Defending yourself would be preventing further harm; in real life, that can involve retaliatory attacks where necessary (self preservation typically comes before the well-being of the attacker, though even that has its limits), but in League of Legends, defending yourself is _muting the person who's flaming you._ That's it; it is the singular most effective way to prevent further harm. Y'know what doesn't prevent further harm? Flaming back. Getting into a flame war just exacerbates the issue, and no matter which way you spin it, be it "defending yourself" or "standing up for yourself" or what have you, _**you're not preventing further harm, you're just making the situation worse.**_ > Even if the ToS states that any "negative" behavior means that automated bans and restrictions are final, it doesn't mean that it is right. I believe that there is a fundamental issue with Riot's stance on player behavior. And if you don't believe that the rules are right, then you are free to find another game whose rules better suit you. The majority of League players do not want counterflamers, and, ultimately, Riot doesn't either - and what they say goes. > In my honest opinion, players who talk back to a toxic individual in self defense should go unpunished. Its not hard to track who typed first. And in cases where it isn't possible for the automated system to track this, a manual review would be necessary. And you're entitled to that opinion, but that doesn't reflect the opinion of the community at large, or Riot. Fun fact; back when the Tribunal was a thing, where the community was allowed to vote to pardon or punish players for chat misbehavior, **the vast majority of cases where people ~~defended themselves~~ counterflamed were voted to punish, because people do not care who started it - both flamers ruin the game for everyone.** > Punishments are too severe for Riot to refuse to go back on them. Uhhuh. So you're telling me, that getting a 10-game chat restriction, 25-game chat restriction, 14-day ban - all of which come with warnings that your behavior is unwelcome, and **especially on the 14-day ban, a warning that _any further misbehavior will result in a permanent suspension of your account_** - and then ultimately a permanent suspension...Are too severe, and that Riot is obligated to renege on punishments that _you_ earned for continuously flouting the rules you agreed to? If you can't be bothered to play by the rules - and that bar isn't all that high, either - Riot can't be bothered to have you playing at all. You may not like it, and you may fundamentally disagree with it, but them's the 8r8ks. > If you can't handle a large volume of requests then maybe this is the wrong industry for you? I think it would be better to pose that, if you can't follow Riot's rules after multiple warnings that your behavior isn't in line with them, then maybe League of Legends is the wrong game for you. > I understand the need to have the banning feature be automated, but if a player takes the time to appeal it, it should be manually reviewed. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Even if all of the counterflaming cases got manually reviewed, the punishment would stay in place, because as mentioned above; neither Riot nor the community wants people who exacerbate flame wars. > if your automated system is allowing premades to exploit it and get players unfairly punished... Premades can't exploit the IFS. The IFS doesn't care how many reports are filed - it just checks to see if at least one has been filed, and if so, it reviews the behavior of the player in question. It's a boolean flag; if reports == 0, no review. If reports > 0, review. And again; you are entitled to your opinion that counterflaming should not be punished, but that doesn't mean that that's the case. Counterflaming is punishable, and it is not an unfair punishment. > ...after they just spend that entire game bullying the player, maybe riot could be a little responsible and manually review the case, and punish the correct players? If you were being bullied by a premade, and you flamed back, then "punishing the correct players" would involve punishing the members of the premade who bullied you, and _you as well_. On top of that; _if you want to see someone punished, **Report them.**_ It's as simple as that. Don't waste time with waiting after the fact to send in a Support ticket to ask for a manual review and to have the other players punished - _report them in the post-game lobby and the IFS will handle them._ > As of now the system is totally busted. Considering that you carry the misconception that the IFS can be abused by premades, I don't think you can really call the system busted. It has its problems, sure, but the actual problems it has are far different from the ones you _think_ it has.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=d8ZxOYmV,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-12T07:36:58.187+0000) > > There's defending yourself, and there's getting into petty flamewars that serves no purpose. There's a pretty substantial difference between self-defense and starting into a shouting match, and in League, it's _always_ shouting matches in the case of "self defense". > > Defending yourself would be preventing further harm; in real life, that can involve retaliatory attacks where necessary (self preservation typically comes before the well-being of the attacker, though even that has its limits), but in League of Legends, defending yourself is _muting the person who's flaming you._ That's it; it is the singular most effective way to prevent further harm. > > Y'know what doesn't prevent further harm? Flaming back. Getting into a flame war just exacerbates the issue, and no matter which way you spin it, be it "defending yourself" or "standing up for yourself" or what have you, _**you're not preventing further harm, you're just making the situation worse.**_ > > And if you don't believe that the rules are right, then you are free to find another game whose rules better suit you. The majority of League players do not want counterflamers, and, ultimately, Riot doesn't either - and what they say goes. > > And you're entitled to that opinion, but that doesn't reflect the opinion of the community at large, or Riot. Fun fact; back when the Tribunal was a thing, where the community was allowed to vote to pardon or punish players for chat misbehavior, **the vast majority of cases where people ~~defended themselves~~ counterflamed were voted to punish, because people do not care who started it - both flamers ruin the game for everyone.** > > Uhhuh. So you're telling me, that getting a 10-game chat restriction, 25-game chat restriction, 14-day ban - all of which come with warnings that your behavior is unwelcome, and **especially on the 14-day ban, a warning that _any further misbehavior will result in a permanent suspension of your account_** - and then ultimately a permanent suspension...Are too severe, and that Riot is obligated to renege on punishments that _you_ earned for continuously flouting the rules you agreed to? > > If you can't be bothered to play by the rules - and that bar isn't all that high, either - Riot can't be bothered to have you playing at all. You may not like it, and you may fundamentally disagree with it, but them's the 8r8ks. > > I think it would be better to pose that, if you can't follow Riot's rules after multiple warnings that your behavior isn't in line with them, then maybe League of Legends is the wrong game for you. > > Even if all of the counterflaming cases got manually reviewed, the punishment would stay in place, because as mentioned above; neither Riot nor the community wants people who exacerbate flame wars. > > Premades can't exploit the IFS. The IFS doesn't care how many reports are filed - it just checks to see if at least one has been filed, and if so, it reviews the behavior of the player in question. It's a boolean flag; if reports == 0, no review. If reports > 0, review. > > And again; you are entitled to your opinion that counterflaming should not be punished, but that doesn't mean that that's the case. Counterflaming is punishable, and it is not an unfair punishment. > > If you were being bullied by a premade, and you flamed back, then "punishing the correct players" would involve punishing the members of the premade who bullied you, and _you as well_. > > On top of that; _if you want to see someone punished, **Report them.**_ It's as simple as that. Don't waste time with waiting after the fact to send in a Support ticket to ask for a manual review and to have the other players punished - _report them in the post-game lobby and the IFS will handle them._ > > Considering that you carry the misconception that the IFS can be abused by premades, I don't think you can really call the system busted. It has its problems, sure, but the actual problems it has are far different from the ones you _think_ it has. Interesting that the tone of this comment was toxic in nature. And honestly, the "majority of the community" doesn't actually think the way you do, or else the game wouldn't be so full of toxic players. I hardly ever use the chat myself for this reason, but I do think that players should be allowed to talk a bit. Hate speech and bigotry notwithstanding. And no, telling a person to just move on from a game they have played for years because they disagree with an stance on player bahavior is childish. why even bother responding with such a naive comment? Its not helping anything, and it certainly isn't helpful at all. You assumed that I was coming from a place of punishment looking to complain, when im honestly just bringing up my thoughts. As far as punishments being too severe, I could care less about chat restrictions, like I said, I don't type much, usually in coms with friends anyway. The punishment that is a little much is the honor level being reset to 1 and then LOCKED. losing out on victorious skins if you are gold+ and any other end of season rewards if it happens late in the season. And there is no single game protection. Its just one bad game and you are a goner.
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
: Riot don't have lots of money, they do what they can.
> [{quoted}](name=Lobotechx,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=PKTVHsIU,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-06-27T03:35:19.663+0000) > > Riot don't have lots of money, they do what they can. dude, they have billions. they have plenty of money.
: If they lift that restriction, literally the entire game infrastructure will crash, just like it did with, well, Clash/Crash. There are simply too many people all trying to get into games at once that if they don't slow it down, the system won't be able to support it. If Riot hasn't been able to fix this problem for Clash, which was by far a larger happening for League as a whole, and have instead resorted to workarounds, it is impossible that they would have been able to fix this (not to mention the economic infeasiblity) in the > 2 weeks TFT has even been known about to the general public.
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Rycerz,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=PKTVHsIU,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-27T02:57:27.259+0000) > > If they lift that restriction, literally the entire game infrastructure will crash, just like it did with, well, Clash/Crash. > > There are simply too many people all trying to get into games at once that if they don't slow it down, the system won't be able to support it. > > If Riot hasn't been able to fix this problem for Clash, which was by far a larger happening for League as a whole, and have instead resorted to workarounds, it is impossible that they would have been able to fix this (not to mention the economic infeasiblity) in the > 2 weeks TFT has even been known about to the general public. That's not true. Not only did they have the clash disaster, but they had pbe testing with it and with TFT, they knew this would happen and still didn't increase server capacity. That's what I call unacceptable. Que times are up to 65 minutes now. That isn't a solution. Like I mentioned earlier the ONLY solution is to increase server capacity. They just need to fork up the money to do so. They are being stingy. That's all there is too it.
: Normally we’d be able to say, but in this case we’re being vague on purpose. Two reasons: 1) we need the flexibility and don’t know the exact time 2) we don’t want players to tor%%%% the queue all at the same time basically we don’t want all our shit to blow up lol
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Cactopus,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=hvzgE6om,comment-id=00080002,timestamp=2019-06-25T16:43:14.024+0000) > > Normally we’d be able to say, but in this case we’re being vague on purpose. Two reasons: > > 1) we need the flexibility and don’t know the exact time > 2) we don’t want players to tor%%%% the queue all at the same time > > basically we don’t want all our shit to blow up lol Then maybe purchase more server room ahead of time?
Comentários de Rioters
: Server stability. Simply put, Riot's capping the number of games on it at a time. It's not because of a low number of people, but simply because Riot doesn't want it to overload the servers. There'll probably be server upgrades soon-ish to handle it, I assume.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=JOpqv8Hq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-26T23:51:55.063+0000) > > Server stability. > > Simply put, Riot's capping the number of games on it at a time. It's not because of a low number of people, but simply because Riot doesn't want it to overload the servers. > > There'll probably be server upgrades soon-ish to handle it, I assume. Yes... but its unacceptable. 35 minute delays now. game doesn't last as long. They need to bite the bullet and increase the servers. They had 2-3 weeks of pbe testing to know it was going to be like this.
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
: > [{quoted}](name=The thigh guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UkXWdEk6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-13T05:52:07.114+0000) > > As do I. Best thighs in game. Better than Star Guardian Ahri's? {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
> [{quoted}](name=ı Sona ı,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UkXWdEk6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-14T07:38:58.825+0000) > > Better than Star Guardian Ahri's? {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} Yaaaaa. Don't get me wrong I want to cuddel with Ahri for sure. But Syndra is mommy!
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
: Kassadin is a dad and Kai'Sa is a huge part of story... and possibly Warwick Otherwise agreed out of the 140+ champs we have, parents are absent across the board. {{champion:104}} has no story arc now that he's found and reconciled with TF, so I think some woman coming out of he woodworks with a son for him to try and fail to bond with would be interesting Other candidates : {{champion:50}} (I don't know why I think swain should be a dad, but I just do) {{champion:79}} (Rocking the dad bod 100%) {{champion:238}} (Once thought to be Akalis' dad) {{champion:59}} (Gotta produce an heir at some point you know?) We may not have to wait long either way. If the General Couteau rumors are true and he's the upcoming new assassin.
> [{quoted}](name=mrmeddyman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bjf4A4ca,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-20T10:32:06.424+0000) > > Kassadin is a dad and Kai'Sa is a huge part of story... and possibly Warwick > > Otherwise agreed out of the 140+ champs we have, parents are absent across the board. > > {{champion:104}} has no story arc now that he's found and reconciled with TF, so I think some woman coming out of he woodworks with a son for him to try and fail to bond with would be interesting > > Other candidates : > > {{champion:50}} (I don't know why I think swain should be a dad, but I just do) > {{champion:79}} (Rocking the dad bod 100%) > {{champion:238}} (Once thought to be Akalis' dad) > {{champion:59}} (Gotta produce an heir at some point you know?) > > > We may not have to wait long either way. If the General Couteau rumors are true and he's the upcoming new assassin. Swain is Katarina's father, this is confirmed.
: What about that is lies or double speak?
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Łucznik,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4vkjmR2h,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-16T18:41:56.790+0000) > > What about that is lies or double speak? What I see is that they aren't taking the issues seriously. It sounds to me like they believe the game is in mostly a good state. Which it is not. Why can't I have a good laning phase in this game? why is it so hard for them to implement that? Turret plating was a good start, but then they pushed junglers to spam gank, ruining laning phase.
: Not sure about the ranked experience since we're still using the old one over on EUW, but gameplay-wise the game is currently in the best spot it has been in like two years. Next patch is looking very promising with the conqueror rework.
> [{quoted}](name=Frontline Fury,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4vkjmR2h,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-02-18T04:16:27.140+0000) > > Not sure about the ranked experience since we're still using the old one over on EUW, but gameplay-wise the game is currently in the best spot it has been in like two years. Next patch is looking very promising with the conqueror rework. Oh man if they still decide to implement it for you guys next split get ready. Its complete trash. The Jungle changes on top of this horrible matchmaking state make games incredibly frustrating. Think about having 2 NA junglers decide the entire game for 10 people? ya not about that myself.
: The way Kha’Zix (as well as Graves) are played in high elo is that you farm super fast to get ahead of your opponent, then start roaming around with that XP advantage. Meddler isn’t trying to say that they are farming junglers ala a Yi or Shyvana.
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Łucznik,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4vkjmR2h,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-17T20:05:07.932+0000) > > The way Kha’Zix (as well as Graves) are played in high elo is that you farm super fast to get ahead of your opponent, then start roaming around with that XP advantage. Meddler isn’t trying to say that they are farming junglers ala a Yi or Shyvana. Nobody is a farming jungler anymore. With the nerfs to the jungle camps, junglers are camping lanes and in some cases, (yi strat) literally duo'ing with lulu top. This is unacceptable. They should be Increasing the value of jungle camps in order to make junglers stay there longer. Ganks either need to be few and extremely effective, or frequent and mostly weak in nature. Right now we've got Frequent and game changing junglers. This isn't fun to play against. All other lanes experiences are COMPLETELY determined by 2/10 players in the game. ugh.
: > [{quoted}](name=TheRedBarøn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rRnJu9Tj,comment-id=000100000002,timestamp=2019-02-07T04:50:27.152+0000) > > No, we wouldn't. 10 bans would mean those champs would be eliminated. alright the 20 most OP champions then as the 10 would be banned and the other 10 would be picked constantly. know what happened when urf first came around? everyone picked the same god damn champions every single game after a couple of days because everyone only cared about picking the most broken OP shit, riot then disabled about 20 champions in urf and guess what? we started seeing the next best most OP broken same champions every single match
> [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rRnJu9Tj,comment-id=0001000000020000,timestamp=2019-02-07T09:41:53.393+0000) > > alright the 20 most OP champions then as the 10 would be banned and the other 10 would be picked constantly. > > know what happened when urf first came around? everyone picked the same god damn champions every single game after a couple of days because everyone only cared about picking the most broken OP shit, riot then disabled about 20 champions in urf and guess what? we started seeing the next best most OP broken same champions every single match That's not even remotely true. Stop just saying random stuff.
Comentários de Rioters
: > [{quoted}](name=TheRedBarøn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rRnJu9Tj,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-30T10:25:58.970+0000) > > Being able to pick what you want is not too much the hell? we do need bans if ARURF is going to be a valid game mode, but regular urf with 10 bans would still be the best solution. Give the players what they want is kinda what you are supposed to do as a dev. Riot doesn't understand this one bit. its very clear. because if we had regular urf we'd see the same 10 most OP champions every single game which is even more boring
> [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rRnJu9Tj,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-30T10:27:12.766+0000) > > because if we had regular urf we'd see the same 10 most OP champions every single game which is even more boring No, we wouldn't. 10 bans would mean those champs would be eliminated.
Comentários de Rioters
Anstoro (NA)
: Arurf we need a ban phase
Being able to pick what you want is not too much the hell? we do need bans if ARURF is going to be a valid game mode, but regular urf with 10 bans would still be the best solution. Give the players what they want is kinda what you are supposed to do as a dev. Riot doesn't understand this one bit. its very clear.
Baval (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheRedBarøn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AEN1fwQg,comment-id=00010000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-30T07:36:50.773+0000) > > Being one rank below what your skill level is doesn't make you a smurf. I would have to be on a different account first, and be much lower rank than my skill level. Besides 5 levels is nothing with the catchup mechanics in place. real high level smurfs can overcome the difference anyway. It was still a bad example. > > anyway, my original point was that matchmaking has gotten worst this season, and others are seeing this trend as well. You CAN'T solo carry games anymore. It just doesn't happen. Smurfs will always be an exception because they are playing on other accounts and in drastically reduced skill level games. I could solo carry an iron game, but I'll never be iron so whats the point? It works the other way around too. Once I'm gold again I don't expect a plat player to be able to carry my gold game either. the skill levels are too similar. > > I should also mention that int feeders are another exception. If I get int fed by the enemy until I have 20 kills by 10 minutes then sure im going to solo carry, but that ceases to be a game at that point since it was exploited. > > Edit: the way the system works is that the better you do, the worst the teammates you get in future games to balance out team mmr. If I managed to go 8/0, my next game will be with lower skill players to compensate for my increased mmr to keep the teams "balanced". Which is contradictory to climbing in general. > > Fast Climbing, like when a top tier player makes a new account and plays ranked fresh can occur because their skill level is so high, mine is high gold/plat levels, but that isn't near enough of a difference to get above the matchmaking systems that are in place. excuses excuses and thats not how the system works
> [{quoted}](name=Baval,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AEN1fwQg,comment-id=000100000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-30T09:50:23.988+0000) > > excuses excuses > > and thats not how the system works So, I completely rip apart all of your points, and to retort you say, "excuses, excuses" as if that makes any sense. You then follow that up by saying "That's not how the system works"... you can't just make a declaratory statement like that without providing some back up to your points or evidence of any kind. You DON'T know how the system works obviously, if you did im sure you would be enlightening us all with your superhuman intellect. Might as well stop while you still have some dignity. You yourself are only a gold player, don't act like you are superior to me when you have nothing to show for it.
Baval (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheRedBarøn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AEN1fwQg,comment-id=000100000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-26T09:28:05.337+0000) > > Those are high level smurfs bud, bad example. I'm a gold player. And youre in low-mid silver, you ARE a high level smurf. Plus im pretty sure being 5 levels behind makes up for that.
> [{quoted}](name=Baval,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AEN1fwQg,comment-id=0001000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-26T09:31:04.654+0000) > > And youre in low-mid silver, you ARE a high level smurf. > > Plus im pretty sure being 5 levels behind makes up for that. Being one rank below what your skill level is doesn't make you a smurf. I would have to be on a different account first, and be much lower rank than my skill level. Besides 5 levels is nothing with the catchup mechanics in place. real high level smurfs can overcome the difference anyway. It was still a bad example. anyway, my original point was that matchmaking has gotten worst this season, and others are seeing this trend as well. You CAN'T solo carry games anymore. It just doesn't happen. Smurfs will always be an exception because they are playing on other accounts and in drastically reduced skill level games. I could solo carry an iron game, but I'll never be iron so whats the point? It works the other way around too. Once I'm gold again I don't expect a plat player to be able to carry my gold game either. the skill levels are too similar. I should also mention that int feeders are another exception. If I get int fed by the enemy until I have 20 kills by 10 minutes then sure im going to solo carry, but that ceases to be a game at that point since it was exploited. Edit: the way the system works is that the better you do, the worst the teammates you get in future games to balance out team mmr. If I managed to go 8/0, my next game will be with lower skill players to compensate for my increased mmr to keep the teams "balanced". Which is contradictory to climbing in general. Fast Climbing, like when a top tier player makes a new account and plays ranked fresh can occur because their skill level is so high, mine is high gold/plat levels, but that isn't near enough of a difference to get above the matchmaking systems that are in place.
Baval (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Mathgodpi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AEN1fwQg,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-26T05:12:49.037+0000) > > Show me one video anywhere where someone carries when his entire team is feeding and there is at least one smurf on the other team? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUKwYGRCiVI
> [{quoted}](name=Baval,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AEN1fwQg,comment-id=00010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-26T05:32:36.603+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUKwYGRCiVI Those are high level smurfs bud, bad example. I'm a gold player.
: 3-7 in my provisionals, and the same thing happens in every loss. There is one player on the enemy team who goes 8-0 in lane phase with nearly perfect CS, and completely takes over the game. Even if I build defensive items I still get one-shot.
> [{quoted}](name=Mathgodpi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AEN1fwQg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-25T06:12:04.740+0000) > > 3-7 in my provisionals, and the same thing happens in every loss. There is one player on the enemy team who goes 8-0 in lane phase with nearly perfect CS, and completely takes over the game. Even if I build defensive items I still get one-shot. Exactly. This is abysmal matchmaking.
Baval (NA)
: be the person who goes 8-0 in lane and dominates the game then.
> [{quoted}](name=Baval,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AEN1fwQg,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-25T06:14:45.014+0000) > > be the person who goes 8-0 in lane and dominates the game then. I could go 40/0 and wouldn't matter. when Im faced with 3 other fed champs. I play ADC, I get one shot by point and clicks no matter how good I am.
Comentários de Rioters
: For chat restrictions, maybe IF it's their first ever chat restriction. Any after that they lose all honor since they couldn't learn their lesson. Bans? Heck NO. You either racked up enough chat restrictions for the system to go, "okay you need to leave and take a break", or used hate speech. You don't deserve honor. Especially if it's because you used hate speech.
> [{quoted}](name=Ranmaru Kurosaki,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FzPzdJ9O,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-10T22:11:54.085+0000) > > For chat restrictions, maybe IF it's their first ever chat restriction. Any after that they lose all honor since they couldn't learn their lesson. > > Bans? Heck NO. You either racked up enough chat restrictions for the system to go, "okay you need to leave and take a break", or used hate speech. You don't deserve honor. Especially if it's because you used hate speech. I still believe that is going to far, my post is speaking about how the various offense are all being punished the same, I believe that is wrong. the punishment should match the offense.
rujitra (NA)
: No. Bans reduce to 0 and locked.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FzPzdJ9O,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-10T22:05:04.094+0000) > > No. Bans reduce to 0 and locked. You are right, thinking on it I agree with you, i'll update my post.
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
Cocho (NA)
: In an article they said that when they give us URF, people quit the game. These other alternative URFs we've had is to try to lessen this. https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/12/ask-riot-urf/
> [{quoted}](name=Cocho,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KuOu41Xi,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-18T23:21:45.132+0000) > > In an article they said that when they give us URF, people quit the game. > > These other alternative URFs we've had is to try to lessen this. > > https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/12/ask-riot-urf/ URF would be a different beast entirely with 10 bans. They haven't even given it a shot. That shows stubbornness at best, and incompetence at worst. Btw, there was no data on how long they measured whether players came back or not. Maybe not by the time the study was complete, but players come and go all the time because there hasn't been a healthy meta in this game for YEARS. Each meta drives players away. URF is an escape where you can get together with your buddies and roll on the floor laughing out of enjoyment, the game has lost that aspect. URF was never intended for you solo players. It was intended for a group to have crazy adventures.
Cocho (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Nenthos,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KuOu41Xi,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-06-19T01:11:50.841+0000) > > Because it isn't a permanent game mode. People have fun with urf and compared to the crapfest that the game is right now they uninstall. I dont quite think you understand. I'm going to use random numbers to help you understand. PRE-URF: lets say they average 100,000 players at certain time intervals. The amount of players can be predicted. URF COMES: now they are at 110,000 players at these time intervals. AFTER URF: they might go down to 99,000 players at those same times. And it doesn't go back up
> [{quoted}](name=Cocho,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KuOu41Xi,comment-id=000000000002,timestamp=2018-06-19T04:40:39.190+0000) > > I dont quite think you understand. I'm going to use random numbers to help you understand. > > PRE-URF: lets say they average 100,000 players at certain time intervals. The amount of players can be predicted. > > URF COMES: now they are at 110,000 players at these time intervals. > > AFTER URF: they might go down to 99,000 players at those same times. And it doesn't go back up This data was taken after ONE occurrence of URF being out. A sample size of one is definitely not enough to back up any data set. I'm sorry, I didn't buy it then and I'm not buying it now. Even a basic stats course could explain to you how their study was incorrectly done...
: URF is gone. Let it go.
> [{quoted}](name=redniwediS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KuOu41Xi,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-18T23:31:15.676+0000) > > URF is gone. Let it go. Not a constructive response.
Onotori (NA)
: That Vanilla server is going to implode, and I'm going to laugh the whole time. No one actually *liked* the game in Vanilla, they liked the community aspect and all that. Once people clear MC a few times, they'll get plenty bored with how little there is to do in the game at that point. ###### Now, if they made a Wrath, Cata or MoP server... that'd be hugely popular.
> [{quoted}](name=Onotori,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KuOu41Xi,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-18T23:35:39.507+0000) > > That Vanilla server is going to implode, and I'm going to laugh the whole time. > > No one actually *liked* the game in Vanilla, they liked the community aspect and all that. Once people clear MC a few times, they'll get plenty bored with how little there is to do in the game at that point. > > ###### Now, if they made a Wrath, Cata or MoP server... that'd be hugely popular. That, is simply not true?
: > [{quoted}](name=BigBellBrute,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=NnvgAxY5,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-06-24T21:59:38.002+0000) > > Scrims are just that. Controlled scrimages to work on one thing or another. Playing a full game is a different animal and C9 is struggling. The A team at least made the playoffs. This team is 1-3 having beaten only Optic and losing to Clutch, Golden Guardians, and 100 thieves. They have yet to play against Fox, TSM, and Liquid. Lose those and they will have dug themselves a hole. Though it certainly isn't time to panic yet after just two weeks, it's time to raise an eyebrow. And trashing ones team and throwing them under the bus is something an owner should know better than to do. Handle that stuff in house. It's easier to argue these things in hindsight. When I made that comment they were 1-1 and looked fairly good in both games. I would agree that this last week was bad for the team. One of my favorite things as a fan is when watching a struggling pro swap teams and suddenly start putting up all star performances. I'd imagine c9 was hoping that this time on the bench would bring a similar change in performance to the c9 stars. I don't think any one expected this to a permanent move. The question wasn't if they would return, but when they would. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced an additional roster swap this week or next.
> [{quoted}](name=anonymous119,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=NnvgAxY5,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-06-26T17:12:49.362+0000) > > It's easier to argue these things in hindsight. When I made that comment they were 1-1 and looked fairly good in both games. I would agree that this last week was bad for the team. > > One of my favorite things as a fan is when watching a struggling pro swap teams and suddenly start putting up all star performances. I'd imagine c9 was hoping that this time on the bench would bring a similar change in performance to the c9 stars. > > I don't think any one expected this to a permanent move. The question wasn't if they would return, but when they would. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced an additional roster swap this week or next. I predicted this would happen the moment the decision was announced. And so did many others. When you take out your 3 best players for 3 weak players, (at best, they are some of the worst players in the LCS at the moment) You are asking for a loss. Repeared is known for bad picks and bans week-to-week and the team's skill has stayed constant since before he came on board. Its difficult to see his impact because there hasn't been much of one. He is the weak link on the team if you ask me. I'd say bench him and let the 3 stars come back. 1-3 is embarrassing after the whole #TrustTheProcess thing was said.
Jaspers (EUW)
: His HP growth was way too high, he can't build HP sure but based on the compensation he got it meant he was the tankiest champ in the game at 18. In exchange for a only 180 less HP at level 18 he got better starting damage on his ult (an entire 1/4 of most people's base HP at level 6), plus a better ratio plus a better ratio on his dash. Plus better Armour and MR growth, the HIGHEST in the game. The compensation he gets for not being able to build HP is stupid. He has a better Armour growth than Rammus, the champ who's designed around tanking auto from ADCs. Why are his base stats not normal?
> [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=v92i238h,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-27T12:36:50.233+0000) > > His HP growth was way too high, he can't build HP sure but based on the compensation he got it meant he was the tankiest champ in the game at 18. > > In exchange for a only 180 less HP at level 18 he got better starting damage on his ult (an entire 1/4 of most people's base HP at level 6), plus a better ratio plus a better ratio on his dash. > > Plus better Armour and MR growth, the HIGHEST in the game. The compensation he gets for not being able to build HP is stupid. He has a better Armour growth than Rammus, the champ who's designed around tanking auto from ADCs. > > Why are his base stats not normal? I don't think you understand the fundamental problem here. His HP growth was not too high. If this were true it would be reflected in his win rate. He is the second worst support at the moment and its only going to get worse after this change. And no, he was not the tankiest champ at the game at 18 are you insane?
: And thanks god, he is disgusting to play against. He runs with 50hp after fight and then coming back 5 sec later with his full 2k hp or something lke this
> [{quoted}](name=Step Sis Lux,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=v92i238h,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-27T12:30:26.938+0000) > > And thanks god, he is disgusting to play against. He runs with 50hp after fight and then coming back 5 sec later with his full 2k hp or something lke this His win rate is one of the lowest in the game. If you are having issues playing against him then thats on you.
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
Yenn (NA)
: This season has completely neutered skill expression, can we get a new balance team?
I'm going to have to agree with you there. The game is a mess. There wouldn't be a joke about the Dev Team being bronze if the game was any kind of balanced. Jokes like that stem from actual and terrible gameplay.
: People like you are why there's so many players sub gold. how do you think people LEARN?
> [{quoted}](name=Rysophage,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UKmVGYEb,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-05-10T01:48:14.131+0000) > > People like you are why there's so many players sub gold. how do you think people LEARN? by studying, not thinking they know it already, that is contrary to learning.
: i told them though. i told them don't fight 4v5 you'll lose. let me kill these minions so we don't lose turret and ill be there in half a minute. If you're smart enough to make an email, go to leagueoflegends.com download league of legends. Create a league account using the email you just made. verify it in the email. open the league client and enter your password and username. You're smart enough to understand fighting 4 people vs 5 people is not good.
> [{quoted}](name=LuciferDraco,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UKmVGYEb,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-05-10T01:16:21.373+0000) > > i told them though. i told them don't fight 4v5 you'll lose. let me kill these minions so we don't lose turret and ill be there in half a minute. > > If you're smart enough to make an email, go to leagueoflegends.com download league of legends. Create a league account using the email you just made. verify it in the email. open the league client and enter your password and username. > > You're smart enough to understand fighting 4 people vs 5 people is not good. You would be surprised.
: > despite the fact that thats is coming from you, and in your case i seriously doubt it. as until this post i haven't seen you make a single accurate post Almost every post I make is factual and evidence-based. No one even uses evidence to counter it.
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UKmVGYEb,comment-id=000000020001,timestamp=2018-05-10T01:35:52.748+0000) > > Almost every post I make is factual and evidence-based. No one even uses evidence to counter it. this post in itself doesn't have evidence to prove what you just claimed.
: The evidence is that i reliably anticipate exactly what will happen as a result of a play. my team typically does not. I dont really care about proving it to anyone else, because they dont matter. What matters is explaining shit (like why defenders have an advantage in fights) to my team in a way they can understand easily.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UKmVGYEb,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-05-10T01:29:48.321+0000) > > The evidence is that i reliably anticipate exactly what will happen as a result of a play. my team typically does not. > > I dont really care about proving it to anyone else, because they dont matter. What matters is explaining shit (like why defenders have an advantage in fights) to my team in a way they can understand easily. You are definitely full of yourself. In regards to your example that: "defenders have an advantage in fights" ... that isn't always true? There are a million and one factors that can effect a teamfight, just relying on one is simply silly. If the attacking team has a 20/2 rengar, and the defending team has 10 kills split among them, the rengar can effectively one shot one or both carries, or he could go in and get hit with any cc and be focused down, or his team could back him up and clean up after the cc was put on cd against the rengar, or anything at all could happen to effect the fight in either direction. There are so many factors to consider in terms of teamfighting, and not one person can reliably know the outcome of every single play. Its not humanly possible. An example of my own: Chess. Chess has been around for over 1000 years and even STILL, nobody can predict the outcome of every single play. even the best grandmasters make mistakes. League of legends has infinitely more varied outcomes to plays because it is a more complex scenario. There are 100's of champs, not just a dozen or so pieces, and there are thousands of positions on the rift that any champ could be in and any given time. You can't make your claim because you would have to be inhuman for that to be the case, and I can reliably say you aren't.
Exibir mais

TheGreenBaron

Nível 189 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão