: > [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EBs8ZE2x,comment-id=000100020000,timestamp=2019-09-19T22:01:05.223+0000) > > In some cases thats the only way to win, if somebody is perma roaming its because their lane is a lost cause. If its just flat out impossible to lane to that degree, the options historically are; > > a) give tower so you can freeze a wave deeper where they'll be too overextended to continue pressuring or risk being shutdown. > > b) abandon ship and influence another lane to carry you at the cost of your XP, gold, and tower. > > c) continue existing undertower, doing nothing but soaking XP because you can't reliably check your opponent or outtrade them, including forfeiting lane priority so they rotate faster and win the 2v2/3v3 anyway. > > With plating, you're forced into option A and C, which is a lose/lose scenario unless you're something that hard scales and pays off for losing the early and mid game. If you go for option B, you are; > > - losing XP > - losing gold > - likely soaking somebody else's XP > - losing waves (equaling close to whatever kills or assist you may even pick up) > - the enemy is still getting solo XP > - the enemy is still getting gold > - the enemy is still withering your tower > - the enemy is still getting even more gold from plates on the tower > - the enemy is given an opportunity option to rotate and follow you everywhere to ensure they win lane and impact the map better (if you are truely a better player, this is what you'd do in that situation) > > Tower plating gold can only be viewed as either over kill, or too discouraging to make any kind of smart plays elsewhere from a losing standpoint. > > How would they be worth bounty? That doesn't make much sense to me, you mean like 'if the enemy has 3 drags over you they're suddenly worth bounties?' cause that would lead to a meta where objectives don't matter since there'd be a reward for also not doing anything about them and letting them go. What part would even be worth the bounty, getting that 4th objective? killing the players? it doesn't sound plausible. > > We had a frostfang meta not too long ago that expressed how bounties can be a huge mistake if added to random elements like CSing rather than just interactive aspects such as kills. > > ex; say theres a bounty for killing a turret plate thats a few tiers higher, then you'd just leave yours at 1 plate and everybody pub push another. > > We still do so nothings changed. Maybe not in lower mmrs as much but we're still in a meta of 'which ever team 4 mans bot lane first gets drag+bot tower - > rotating top/mid lane'. Without plating you would be forced into option b exclusively. In fact i would take it a step further and say you would lose the game at champion select if the enemy has better wave clear. > [{quoted}](name=GodlyBane,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EBs8ZE2x,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2019-09-20T20:05:34.969+0000) > > It should still be there, but remove the gold, dont make plating fall off, and make it give exp instead of gold Went over this already if you remove the gold peole would just pick wave clear champs and roam. All the cons you mention get blown away when the other person has stronger wave clear. It means they do not lose out on roams.
> [{quoted}](name=Malix Farwin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EBs8ZE2x,comment-id=0001000200000002,timestamp=2019-09-20T23:26:01.559+0000) > > Without plating you would be forced into option b exclusively. Except before plating was ever implemented and towers were pieces of paper, this was completely false because players would and could still roam and trade off tower, at least in this case the one staying to push won't be getting twice the gold. Mid lane priority has been a thing since launch, only difference is now its way more crippling to be against a wave clear champ with good roam potential.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O8KG03gU,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-19T23:01:26.646+0000) > > you can get reported for breathing, but that doesnt mean you can get banned for it. Riot won't ban you for going darius jungle unless you run it down (and 90% of the time they won't ban you for that). There's serveral case on reddit and youtube saying otherwise, people got banned for going smite flash support singed, that guy even done that same gameplay for 3k games, eventually lead to his permanent suspensions.
> [{quoted}](name=Who isSmurfin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O8KG03gU,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-19T23:03:43.235+0000) > > There's serveral case on reddit and youtube saying otherwise, people got banned for going smite flash support singed, that guy even done that same gameplay for 3k games, eventually lead to his permanent suspensions. Yea no. Those players weren't playing their roles. The smite singed player got unbanned later and made riot rework their policy, but the reasoning was the smite support singed would instead 'jungle', making his own jungler struggle to do much and leaving his ADC in a stressful situation without ever explaining what his plan was. There was another case with the nunu smite support, which was the same exact thing. He got unbanned and riot further stated that its ok to do weird off meta tactics as long as you explain yourself and don't play to the detriment of another player (usually the ADC who is 1v2 the entire game). Nubrac is the grey area where they unbanned him because by policy rule, he's complying with it exactly as intended, even though unlike the singed/nunu who both hit challenger, nubrac peaked masters and then started dropping when he was doing the strategy, and maintains a negative winrate doing it while being unable to pull it off on a smurf account to masters. Making this overall detrimental to his ADC and a solo laner. The only reason he was banned in the first place was because of LPP accelerating his case. Other than those three, there aren't many other off meta bans without evidence of them actually running it down or trolling the game, and like i said its hard to even get caught and banned for that even if a support ticket gets submitted about it. There's a difference between playing off meta, and playing at the expense of your own allies without even explaining why you're playing that way.
June Yin (NA)
: So people are allow to report me for this but they int, nope?
you can get reported for breathing, but that doesnt mean you can get banned for it. Riot won't ban you for going darius jungle unless you run it down (and 90% of the time they won't ban you for that). You do you but keep in mind dmg and kda =/= win condition, there are drawbacks to picking darius in the jungle that are hard to understand (from a macro perspective; kda and getting a pentakill are micro moments that make it look impressive but ultimately don't mean the game is won, there are drop offs that prevent it from consistently winning or having the necessary pressure early on to combat the weight in other areas.)
Skýcrow (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EBs8ZE2x,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-19T09:49:08.913+0000) > > Just remove the gold aspect at least. > > Or better yet, removing plating entirely and just put those stats into the towers themselves. > > The intended purpose of tower plating is to make them last longer, with the reward of destroying them early being winning faster... idk why gold was added as an additional reward. gold was added so that certain players cant just perma roam around avoiding their lane opponent. Very often i saw worse players vs me midlane, just avoiding me roaming down to their winning botlane and snowball with them, which completely shuts me down as a better player. Tower plating wouldn't be a issue if riot actually would balance it proberly. For some reason riot doesn't add bounty % for objective gold. If they would do that. Tower plates would be a far less issue than it currently is. Also if we remove tower plate, we're gonna see botlane partys all over again, so while it might fix "snowball issues it creates the old problem again" Like i said, don't remove plates, but balance them with bountys etc proberly.
> [{quoted}](name=Skýcrow,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EBs8ZE2x,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2019-09-19T19:59:13.105+0000) > > gold was added so that certain players cant just perma roam around avoiding their lane opponent. Very often i saw worse players vs me midlane, just avoiding me roaming down to their winning botlane and snowball with them, which completely shuts me down as a better player. In some cases thats the only way to win, if somebody is perma roaming its because their lane is a lost cause. If its just flat out impossible to lane to that degree, the options historically are; a) give tower so you can freeze a wave deeper where they'll be too overextended to continue pressuring or risk being shutdown. b) abandon ship and influence another lane to carry you at the cost of your XP, gold, and tower. c) continue existing undertower, doing nothing but soaking XP because you can't reliably check your opponent or outtrade them, including forfeiting lane priority so they rotate faster and win the 2v2/3v3 anyway. With plating, you're forced into option A and C, which is a lose/lose scenario unless you're something that hard scales and pays off for losing the early and mid game. If you go for option B, you are; - losing XP - losing gold - likely soaking somebody else's XP - losing waves (equaling close to whatever kills or assist you may even pick up) - the enemy is still getting solo XP - the enemy is still getting gold - the enemy is still withering your tower - the enemy is still getting even more gold from plates on the tower - the enemy is given an opportunity option to rotate and follow you everywhere to ensure they win lane and impact the map better (if you are truely a better player, this is what you'd do in that situation) Tower plating gold can only be viewed as either over kill, or too discouraging to make any kind of smart plays elsewhere from a losing standpoint. > > Tower plating wouldn't be a issue if riot actually would balance it proberly. For some reason riot doesn't add bounty % for objective gold. If they would do that. Tower plates would be a far less issue than it currently is. How would they be worth bounty? That doesn't make much sense to me, you mean like 'if the enemy has 3 drags over you they're suddenly worth bounties?' cause that would lead to a meta where objectives don't matter since there'd be a reward for also not doing anything about them and letting them go. What part would even be worth the bounty, getting that 4th objective? killing the players? it doesn't sound plausible. We had a frostfang meta not too long ago that expressed how bounties can be a huge mistake if added to random elements like CSing rather than just interactive aspects such as kills. ex; say theres a bounty for killing a turret plate thats a few tiers higher, then you'd just leave yours at 1 plate and everybody pub push another. > Also if we remove tower plate, we're gonna see botlane partys all over again We still do so nothings changed. Maybe not in lower mmrs as much but we're still in a meta of 'which ever team 4 mans bot lane first gets drag+bot tower - > rotating top/mid lane'.
Yenn (NA)
: Can turret plating just be removed in the next season? It's a garbage mechanic that shouldn't exist
Just remove the gold aspect at least. Or better yet, removing plating entirely and just put those stats into the towers themselves. The intended purpose of tower plating is to make them last longer, with the reward of destroying them early being winning faster... idk why gold was added as an additional reward.
: Not sure what you mean by current image, but I'll presume you ate talking about office drama. Which is a different matter than the game itself. Meme and nsfw content is not inherently against the rules. Some memes and nsfw will get you punished if they go too far on the boards or even in game. In game content falls under the ESRB rating they were given, T. > Rated T for: Blood Fantasy Violence **Mild Suggestive Themes ** Use of Alcohol and Tobacco *Onlien interactions Not Rated by the ESRB. Bolded the section Evelynn and some skins would fall under.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AAkKA0aE,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-18T00:39:57.952+0000) > > > Bolded the section Evelynn and some skins would fall under. I'm genuinely curious what the standard for 'mild suggestive themes' would fall under. What would be considered mild if there's suggestive and straight pornographic? I'd assume mild would be visually suggestive without embracing anything, but in evelynn's case thats certainly not mild.
: 14 Day Suspension For Porn Links??????
It’s def in the TOS as something reportable. Which is kinda surprising that riot even cares about that considering their current image, how much the community (and some rioters) meme and post around nsfw content all the time, and even ingame content like Evelynn, miss fortune, and some skins are PG in their book.
Madjack01 (EUW)
: Friendly reminder to all of you
I kinda wish they extended it to either be permanant or made the skins themselves stick around for their own set time. What if somebody mained two prestige skin champs in that shop, and couldn't afford both or spent on one already before the reveal. Imagine if you spend 100 after the next event, then suddenly your main gets a prestige the following patch.
: My practice strategy is to just jump straight into normals, preemptively mute everyone, and feed my ass off as I try and figure out what the fuck this champion does. Then I keep feeding, hoping that one day I git gud. And after nearly 5 years of league.... I still have yet to git gud.
> [{quoted}](name=Laughing Fish,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fyBLrG4F,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-04T04:26:46.085+0000) > > My practice strategy is to just jump straight into normals, preemptively mute everyone, and feed my ass off as I try and figure out what the fuck this champion does. Then I keep feeding, hoping that one day I git gud. > > And after nearly 5 years of league.... I still have yet to git gud. This is unironically the way to go, and what coaches recommend doing. You basically just play whatever you want, go balls to the wall, and over time you'll learn what doesn't work and where your limitations are. Otherwise if you just play incredibly safe with no confidence, or spend all your time against bots that run it down regardless of how you play, you'll never learn what you can get away with.
: Taking away 10% of Eve's 60% pve CD refund is "overnerfing", and now you're going to overbuff her?
That's actually pretty unnoticable, her R usually overkills anyway on targets below 30%. Its at best a buff for rank 1 ultimate for those rare instances they survive R with a pixel of health and many dragon/baron steals, but late game she insta-gibs anything squishy sometimes without ulting anyway. The buff is actually less than the nerf when you put it into practice.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INWbQyFv,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000002,timestamp=2019-09-03T03:34:57.163+0000) > > Because riot specifically states you cannot duo with the accounts that they give you. > > He was doing a 24/hr stream duo with Rat irl so he just bought an account to save the time and evade the no-duo clause of riot given accounts. > > That's the main reason but because riot sets the mmr of the accounts to plat 1 or d4, a lot of lpp users don't even bother since those elos are fucking insanity to start smurfing in compared to starting lower and breezing through the hard areas with better LP gains/losses. ... what kind of bullshit is this? You can't duo with an account Riot gives you? The fuck are you going on about? Like what the actual shit? This is the biggest false conspiracy theory I've seen LOL
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INWbQyFv,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000000000020000,timestamp=2019-09-03T03:36:09.807+0000) > > ... what kind of bullshit is this? You can't duo with an account Riot gives you? The fuck are you going on about? > > Like what the actual shit? > > This is the biggest false conspiracy theory I've seen LOL That's literally how it works. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/389945345594884098/618292960747978752/unknown.png Otherwise they'd just farm accounts to duo with their big donations and boost them. afaik duo queueing with a smurf isn't reportable despite being obvious boosting unless something changed since I last spoke about it. fyi calling something a conspiracy doesn't improve your case at all. Not that you were ever creditable but gunna ignore replies since nothing of relevance is to be expected in reply anyway.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=WarnercBbT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INWbQyFv,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T18:25:37.747+0000) > > Kid.. Do you have any proof that it doesn't work like that? > > or are you just gonna spew misinformation out your ass The LPP gives accounts "unlocked status". I have not seen any evidence or proof that Riot provides prelevelled accounts to streamers. And if they did, why would IWillDominate have to buy an account from a third party that was quickly banned within 24 hours?
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INWbQyFv,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T19:48:35.225+0000) > > And if they did, why would IWillDominate have to buy an account from a third party that was quickly banned within 24 hours? Because riot specifically states you cannot duo with the accounts that they give you. He was doing a 24/hr stream duo with Rat irl so he just bought an account to save the time and evade the no-duo clause of riot given accounts. That's the main reason but because riot sets the mmr of the accounts to plat 1 or d4, a lot of lpp users don't even bother since those elos are fucking insanity to start smurfing in compared to starting lower and breezing through the hard areas with better LP gains/losses. (way easier to start low elo and +26 -10 the entire climb rather than start in d4 at +17 -17)
: Why are there so many "Riot should not focus on toxicity" threads right now??
Because after everybody realized they can mute chat and that chat has no affect to the non sensitive, we still can’t mute champ select and in-game trolls that actually affect the outcome of our games.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INWbQyFv,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T18:02:57.654+0000) > > Yeah, its called actually watching an LPP user and asking them. I recommend shiphtur since the rest are indeed pretty hard to watch. So... absolutely no proof of what the streamer is saying. Nor do you have any quotes or clips of it.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INWbQyFv,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T18:24:28.737+0000) > > So... absolutely no proof of what the streamer is saying. Nor do you have any quotes or clips of it. Yea, I should save everything somebody says in a special folder on my PC from what their favorite color is to what they ate for breakfast. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/389945345594884098/618158443810783232/554381085472194570.png Since this affects you so much, bring us the clip of them denying it cause I got shit to do.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INWbQyFv,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T17:57:53.585+0000) > > They actually give new accounts on request, > > The new acc has LPP benefits just like all of their accounts, but they do make new level 30 accounts and even set their MMR to a certain level (usually plat or diamond) Do you have any proof of this at all?
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INWbQyFv,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T18:00:50.647+0000) > > Do you have any proof of this at all? Yeah, its called actually watching an LPP user and asking them. I recommend shiphtur since the rest are indeed pretty hard to watch.
: Do streamers have permission to buy accounts?
IWD literally got banned the previous night because he was playing on a bought account during his 24/hr stream with ratirl
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=WarnercBbT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INWbQyFv,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-02T17:14:40.983+0000) > > TFblade didn't buy his account. > > He got a account for free from riot's League Partner Program. > > Just like Tyler 1 accounts > > just like LS(Lost Sights) 0temp404 account > > Etc Actually, the LPP does not "give people accounts". What it **does** do is provide someone with an "unlocked" account - but it is an account they have already created.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=INWbQyFv,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-02T17:20:14.133+0000) > > Actually, the LPP does not "give people accounts". What it **does** do is provide someone with an "unlocked" account - but it is an account they have already created. They actually give new accounts on request, The new acc has LPP benefits just like all of their accounts, but they do make new level 30 accounts and even set their MMR to a certain level (usually plat or diamond)
: I think it's pretty amusing that any time I mention Zyra
She's not god tier at all lol are you using mobalytics? cause she's statistically worse than xeraph support of all things.. she's worse statistically than volibear support! let that one sink in.
AidanWR (NA)
: It's probably being worked on like the invisible Nunu glitch. They said that they are working on it, but actually aren't. Instead "buy these skins". I really hate the company that Riot is turning into
> [{quoted}](name=AidanWR,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=sAbGo31L,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-27T05:52:14.964+0000) > > It's probably being worked on like the invisible Nunu glitch. They said that they are working on it, but actually aren't. Instead "buy these skins". I really hate the company that Riot is turning into I hope in this case you're right, cuz they never fixed kha'zix's quotes and thats been bugged since season 6. When kha evolves, he'd gain additional quote he could say (example, 'I will soar over them' will play only if he has evolved wings'), however right now those quotes play from the start of the game and riot never attempted to fix them (infact i think they even stated they won't fix them).
: > [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8k1ajonv,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-26T03:16:45.554+0000) > > You can be 10-0 as jungle but you cannot win with a 0-10 mid or top > > You can be 10-0 as mid or top and a 0-10 jungler and still win because jungle is fucking worthless post minute 10 anyway. > > Junglers have to gank and swing lanes one way because they literally can’t do shit on their own if their lanes are all losing. If one lane loses, they can bounce back with split pushing, teamfights, assistance from junglers, or outplaying their opponent and winning somehow.. if you’re a jungler that’s set behind, you lose your welfare camp XP, can’t split push cause you’re the smite user for baron/drag, can’t invade because you likely have no lane priority to help you since you never could successfully impact anything, all you can do is gank and sometimes you’re too weak to even do that with how shitty camp farming is... you have to rely entirely on your laners to carry you, or swing the laners in a better position to help you carry. > > Bullfuckingshit > > You clearly never been high Elo before, in GM players still die level 1 or 2 and continue to get ran down as the ahead laner deep wards your jungle and roams around the map extending leads. > > Players constantly solo lose their lane without jungle difference, as players actually do know when the take trades, track junglers, and freeze waves to avoid ganks. There are players that run it down and play like bots even in high Elo, I would know because I seen too many of them. You are avoiding the question. Even after all the jungle nerfs, it still is a lot more impactful than top and adc. You see the problem here? Jungle mains are spoiled. They are used to making mistakes and receiving lesser punishment.
> [{quoted}](name=DudeAwesome,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8k1ajonv,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-08-26T04:09:41.394+0000) > > You are avoiding the question. highlight the question in your post then: >Junglers are supposed to be supportive, but not straight-up changing lane balances. Game results are still decided by a better jungle. Poor adcs are not even champions before three full items, and the game is usually decided by that point. I absolutely detest losing to clearly worse players due to junglers simply camping. Either make it more punishing if they miss a gank or make jungle items do less damage. If you want somebody to answer the question, step 1 is actually asking it. >Even after all the jungle nerfs, it still is a lot more impactful than top and adc. Like i said, you can be 10-0 on jg but you have absolutely no influence on winning the game if your top, adc, or mid is 0-10, all you can do is pray the enemy is worse enough for you to swing the game back. If you're 10-0 on an ADC or 10-0 on a majority of snowball top laners, you can carry if not 1v9 the entire game regardless of the jungler. >You see the problem here? Jungle mains are spoiled. We're so spoiled being 2 levels down at all times. We're so spoiled being hit with nothing but nerfs. We're so spoiled having XP gutted nonstop for an entire season because riot wants to force us to fight over scuttle crabs which were entirely dictated by who had lane priority when they spawn, leading to junglers spam ganking over farming because farming ~~gave~~ gives less than what santa brought during the great depression. If we didn't gank to try and dictate something, we'd just be afk bots farming camps only to stay caught up in XP with the support even if we nonstop full clear. >They are used to making mistakes and receiving lesser punishment. Not really, s7 you could make mistakes and catch back up with the rubberband XP mechanic, s8 threw that out the window by creating the most obnoxious coinflip in the form of who secured river first and more importantly, who coinflipped the right laners that shove to assist in contesting crabs... followed by an endless spree of XP nerfs when we already had farm gutted. s9 isn't any better because we're still unable to influence the game unless the laners don't troll pick and can carry off of the leads spoonfed to them. If you die as a jungler, you lose; - map pressence - potentially 3 camps worth of farm, giving the enemy jungler 3 quadrants of the map - opportunties for deep vision so you can't gank an actual human being that sees you coming and the other side should know that your only option is them and freeze waves, - objectives on the map (dragon, baron, buffs, crab) When you're a laner and die, you lose; - 1 or 2 waves of CS - 2-3 plates at most, if you repeat the same mistake enough times you'll eventually lose tower. Jungle is literally the most punishing role in the game, if you suck at it you're going to have a bad time and if your laners suck there's no point even playing the game out. If you're a laner and you suck at it, at least somebody can rotate and influence your lane (whether it be bot lane, top lane, or mid lane roaming, or even the jungler in this case) but when you lose jungle there ain't nobody to help you out, you just have to piggyback off everything else, its why right now 'better jungler wins' is a high elo meme going around because its actually a massive joke how little the jungler is capable of doing post 10 minutes when their team is struggling.
: Junglers still have way too much impact in solo que
You can be 10-0 as jungle but you cannot win with a 0-10 mid or top You can be 10-0 as mid or top and a 0-10 jungler and still win because jungle is fucking worthless post minute 10 anyway. Junglers have to gank and swing lanes one way because they literally can’t do shit on their own if their lanes are all losing. If one lane loses, they can bounce back with split pushing, teamfights, assistance from junglers, or outplaying their opponent and winning somehow.. if you’re a jungler that’s set behind, you lose your welfare camp XP, can’t split push cause you’re the smite user for baron/drag, can’t invade because you likely have no lane priority to help you since you never could successfully impact anything, all you can do is gank and sometimes you’re too weak to even do that with how shitty camp farming is... you have to rely entirely on your laners to carry you, or swing the laners in a better position to help you carry. > [{quoted}](name=DudeAwesome,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8k1ajonv,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-08-26T03:07:04.984+0000) > > You see, in high elo laners do not just go 0-5 Bullfuckingshit You clearly never been high Elo before, in GM players still die level 1 or 2 and continue to get ran down as the ahead laner deep wards your jungle and roams around the map extending leads. Players constantly solo lose their lane without jungle difference, as players actually do know when the take trades, track junglers, and freeze waves to avoid ganks. There are players that run it down and play like bots even in high Elo, I would know because I seen too many of them.
: sorry but you're wrong. I play a lot and climbing back up the honor levels is a very long process. Even if you just get one chat restriction and drop to honor level 1, it would take multiple months to get back to honor level 2. Let alone get ABOVE 2.
i got back to honor 2 in like 3 days. All I did was say ggwp and gj and i guess the system considered that enough.
: Decay Does Not Work (Currently) :^)
IMO, since decay only applies to Diamond+, they should move the ranked games bank system down to diamond as well (so basically, in masters+ you decay in 10 days, however 1 game doesn't reset the timer, instead it increases the days left by 1, at a maximum of 10.. so if you have 1 day left, and play one game, instead you'll have 2 days left rather than reset to 10.) They should add that system to diamond (1 game after 20 days of not playing shouldn't reset it, it should only count for that one day and have to play 20 games to fully reset it) The simpliest solution, and a long over due one that would've fix a large number of problems rank has, is removal of the demotion shield. Your mmr has to tank drastically inorder to demote, if for example; you're d2 and decay to d4 0 lp, you can play 1 game a month for the rest of the year and lose it, without even demoting just because the mmr is inflated (in season 8, my highest loss streak was 8 games before demoting to plat). This is why '4s' are super inflated with bad and tilted players because they never demote, and at the same time they never climb (especially if they're in a +14 -17 trap). Its why D5 was inflated, and its why D4 is inflated atm because nobody can drop to their real elo or at least demote to their mmr location so they can atempt to grind normally again. Its especially frustrating since those could be purchased or boosted accounts that are just lingering in the elo making that specific tier harder to play in due to the demotion shield holding them there with the occasional carry.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Normal matchmaking is straight garbage
Norms MMR isn't the same as ranked MMR, norms just doesn't have a visible LP system to show you what 'normals rank' you are. There's also the problem of there being premades in normals, making MMR rather pointless for the most part.
: Addressing The Supposed "Very Non-Traditional" Marksman Leak
iirc a recent /dev post said they were making a new race/faction/region, its possible this is it as potentially piltover #2.
: ELDERWOOD AHRI IS GETTING A PRESTIGE
She does have chromas WIP, they even used one of the new chromas in her PBE preview. Riot Garena already mentioned the rest of the year will consist of: Neeko, Miss Fortune, Thres, Lee sin, Riven, and Qiyana as prestige skins. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/228029489538531329/610950993777262650/795aa65d2ce2b56d422bf7969f01b8269cdb4334r1-966-715v2_hq.png
Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: Intentionally Dropping FPS to players at +40 minute mark? Too low Riot, too low.
Nubrac (NA)
: I'm Nubrac, I main Roaming Teemo Support! AMA! (Serious Questions Only Please about the Strat)
Honest question; why is teemo the champion of choice for this strategy? Did you make the strategy around teemo, or is teemo picked around the strategy? Why is teemo more effective than say {{champion:350}} who can harass and heal her ally while being untargetable? I'm not convinced this 'strategy' is ideal but i would like a better understanding on the break down regarding the pieces put into it (champs) as a 'viable' strategy would have to have 'viable' champions to do it as.
: Do not get pokemon sword and shield...
Every game you have to pay online for. Sony and Microsoft have been doing it for generations, Nintendo only recently decided to do it. I wouldn’t recommend buying swsh anyway for other reasons, basically the death of the franchise and a horrible direction moving forward that shouldn’t be supported. Even some ports for the PC require memberships (master chief collection will still require gold to play online.
: Pyke is what?
He's a revenant; a reanimated corpse that retains all his memories (compared to zombies which are mindless, or a ghost, which is just the soul without the body.) He's dead, just really pissed off and not moving on or leaving his body for awhile.
AhmCha (NA)
: Riot is the Game Freak of MOBA's
I wouldn't insult riot that much, what gamefreak has been doing is way worse than what riot has ever done. If you think riot has spaghetti code.. every action in a battle reloads the characters on the screen rather than just animating them in real time, this is why the 3DS games had such a terrible framerate drop because for some reason GF designed invisible loading screens inbetween actions. There's even between 100-200 models of lily in sun and moon.. one for every cutscene.. when they say they don't have the space to fit all pokemon, its because they're incompetent and terrible at efficient programming so they use more space on their fucking mistakes than they doing on actual content. When they say they don't have enough room for all pokemon, we know its because of incompetence, when they say they're cutting for better animations that are the exact same as the previous games, we know they're lying to their fanbase. When they don't even delay the game or promise a future patch, we know GF or TPC don't give a shit about quality and do milk their fanbase of whatever they release knowing it will sell.. and finally when we find out that the sequels will probably have all pokemon in them as a selling point, we learn everything they previous said was bullshit and they are able to make it happen, they scammed their fanbase. At least riot hasn't made league of legends 2 and cut 20% of the champion roster just because they had to spawn a new kassadin model everytime he ults, and promise it was them wanted to improve champion animations but turns out zilean is the exact same in apparence and animation at release..
Mogwài (EUNE)
: The longer cooldown than qss cleanse doesn't remove suppression and airborne.
Because you get it at the start of the game without deviating your build path and wasting 1.3k gold on it? Cleanse level 1-9 is really strong on mid laners, especially if the opponent has CC so you can avoid ganks much better. Cleanse removing all CC is too powerful since you’ll have it way sooner than you’d ever buy a QSS, and cleanse doesn’t take up an item slot. champs like malz, urgot, and skarner might as well not exist then since everybody can just take cleanse as a secondary.
: Can you get banned if you told a rioter that your account is shared?
Account sharing usually is a perma ban. Riot does not allow you to play on an account that isn’t yours, getting the account suspended and the culprit if caught as well. You pretty much just snitched on yourself. If you’re lucky, you may get a more temp ban with revoked season rewards (for account sharing, they usually include the previous season rewards too).
Pyrosan (NA)
: my mental's gone boom how do i untilt
Just reset your mental; drink something caffeinated, get a burger, watch some uh research, then whenever you feel excited to hop back in a game full of energy, hop in. If i'm tilted I'll go for a walk, listen to music, and drink some soda, then eventually I hop into ranked as soon as I feel a burst of energy before it wears off, which is when my reaction timing and quick decision making is at its peak. Don't look at every game as "you have to win" otherwise you'll get more frustrated when you lose and panic in the games you play forcing bad plays to try and force a win.
MkMayo (NA)
: Everyone says Wukong is shit so who should i play?
There are quite a few high Elo wukong players. Harambre is grandmaster on wukong mid, if you like wu, you definitely can play him to success. (He also streams under the same name.) I run into a lot of wukong Chinese accounts smurfing in NA too. Only reason he’s really considered bad is because he can be easily countered inside the laning phase, and if you don’t have a lead you’re on a suicide mission when you dive in and ult without killing anyone. Against anti-engage comps (Alistar, ornn, poppy, cassio, xayah, etc) playing wu into them might make you want to eat glass.
: Jungle Items should NOT reduce minion kill Gold
The reason why its there is because of gold funnel strats.. if you were around when gold funneling was a thing, you'd be singing a different tune. Its a necessary evil, and the only junglers who will feel this are powerfarming junglers that do have more CS than everybody in the game (which is still rare, only ever see it commonly on karthus and graves), but for tanks and early centric junglers it doesn't impact their early game or their snowball at all. As rammus you shouldn't be split pushing, you should be looking for picks or flanks with your team nearby since you have the most reliable taunt in the whole game, split pushing as a jungler isn't typically ideal, especially if you're a tank and objectives are on the map.
SEKAI (OCE)
: People only give a shit about TT when it's going to be removed for not being played at all.
I just hate that riot's solution was "we're removing it rather than bothering to fix it." Riot could very easily fix it by: - hammering down on bot accounts.. I mean for fucks sake they can detect accounts leveled by bots and scripts in rift, but they let TTL get this bad? - giving it and it's players some reconition; ranked 3s is played very seriously, but it has no esports following as riot wont support a pro scene for ranked 3s for some unknown reason. Players who watch 5v5 get inspired to improve in 5v5 themselves, pick new champions, learn how to improve, discover idols.. TTL never gets that greenlight and its players never get reconition. Even if the excuse 'nobody would watch it if nobody plays it' is brought up, its as dead as it is because there's no point in playing it over rift if rift is portrayed in every way superior (what pro player would waste time in TTL when he can practice on rift to get scouted for an LCS team instead). Pro scenes also re-shape metas, TTL is so tight because there's no pro players coming up with unique playstyles and builds world wide on stage being noticed (think how somebody picked MF support and completely flipped the malzahar zyra support meta on its head.. if pro players did that on stage for TTL maybe the meta wouldn't be as stale looking.) - put some effort in meta balance, ttl does have a boring meta but you could simply reduce health items give to fix the tank/juggernaut problem, and target nerf champs like kayn just like how champs get injected with buffs and nerfs for aram. Just sad how riot only supports rift. its not that people only give a shit now, its that this is the first time in age's riot even brings up the subject after leaving everybody in the dark, and its this when fixing it would be near effortless or it should've been taken care of sooner lol
Stone766 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jyHkIhw6,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-07-31T23:25:46.660+0000) > > Undo the nerf because it was placebo. > > Eve DOES need nerfs. > > This nerf however is unnecessary, doesn't address why she's broken as fuck, and just exist to shut up those asking for nerfs. > > Maybe instead they should target the fact after 3 items + half stacked mejais, she can walk up to a squishy and Q - > E - > Q2 one shot somebody, rather than do that 2 years from now while never reverting the random CD nerf that has no impact on her. I just hate changes like these because they're so obscure that they forget about them, then when a champ is legitmately weak you have this long list of nerfs that didn't even fix the issue that never get reverted once the issue is actually fixed. she isn't broken she has insane counterplay. If you buy control wards and invade an Evelynn, she will most likely not scale for the rest of the match. the reason these nerfs happened in the first place is bc noone did this and decided to cry instead learn counterplay
> [{quoted}](name=Stone766,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jyHkIhw6,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-08-01T00:42:44.078+0000) > > she isn't broken > > she has insane counterplay. If you buy control wards and invade an Evelynn, she will most likely not scale for the rest of the match. the reason these nerfs happened in the first place is bc noone did this and decided to cry instead learn counterplay I'm also an eve main, she's fucking broken. Its so easy to play like a bitch early (or do the level 3 early gank clear when you're vs. a weak early jungler) and then just 1v9. Control wards do not counter her from doing what she does, they just reveal her. Keep in mind that just because a control ward reveals eve, doesn't mean it takes away her strength any more than other flanking junglers who get spotted by that control ward, the difference is unlike other junglers eve can only be seen by those control wards, and unlike other junglers, eve reveals control wards in brush that she walks past without having to facecheck or sweep to know they're there, making it safer on eve's end so she can decide to just cancel the flank or gamble going for the play anyways if another champ would get away with doing it as well. It doesn't matter if they see you, they can't do anything but back up since you insta-gib them anyway. You also can't control ward lane ganks unless you have lane priority and can ward behind you, in which you free up the river and tri bush anyway. I get invaded as eve all the time, like I said you just play like a bitch and don't feed, then you spoon feed yourself kills at 6 with a dark seal. Even if you perma invade an eve, she still outscales other junglers unless they close the game out super quick.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jyHkIhw6,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-07-31T23:25:46.660+0000) > > Undo the nerf because it was placebo. I think it's factually incorrect to call it a placebo when it's a very real adjustment to clear times.
> [{quoted}](name=GarfieldxLasagna,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jyHkIhw6,comment-id=00090001,timestamp=2019-08-01T00:47:11.648+0000) > > I think it's factually incorrect to call it a placebo when it's a very real adjustment to clear times. after runic echoes it literally doesn't do much. Eve clears are not why she's problematic, its what she does when she hits 6 and catches somebody, or even gets a small lead. Early game it doesn't slow her pressure down because she isn't looking for early ganks + 10% difference isn't very noticable. Slowing her clear down early has absolutely no impact on what eve is good at, and after 1 item it just doesn't matter at that point. Her clear times have not adjusted much from what they currently are either. She still full clears in time for crab. Revert the change, put that power removal somewhere that interacts with champions such as Q1, base ult damage (not execution), or nerf the scaling on empowered E and make it scale with ranks dealing more % health damage so it doesn't snowball and insta pop squishies paired with lich bane.
Stone766 (NA)
: Riot, undo the Evelynn nerf
Undo the nerf because it was placebo. Eve DOES need nerfs. This nerf however is unnecessary, doesn't address why she's broken as fuck, and just exist to shut up those asking for nerfs. Maybe instead they should target the fact after 3 items + half stacked mejais, she can walk up to a squishy and Q - > E - > Q2 one shot somebody, rather than do that 2 years from now while never reverting the random CD nerf that has no impact on her. I just hate changes like these because they're so obscure that they forget about them, then when a champ is legitmately weak you have this long list of nerfs that didn't even fix the issue that never get reverted once the issue is actually fixed.
: As of Patch 9.15 (tomorrow's patch), they're taking away the ability to swap to the old one. We're being forced to use the new cursor whether we want to or not.
oh nvm just read the notes, yea thats bullshit.
: Legacy Cursor Removal
you can still swap to the old one.
: Lets discuss about Pantheons new E
Yasuo's ww doesn't solo make him unbearable, its a combination of that WW + passive shield + crit itemization and double crit passive + having to dodge his Q spam + his E mobility + his R's armor negation + his R's passive shield reset + his R keeping him outside of tower range + him scaling incredibly hard even if he's 0-10 + having to worry about a yasuo split pushing all game or shitting on your team in teamfights + him not even being that bad early on for somebody that scales like a hyper carry. Yasuo's WW if anything is the most counterable part of his kit, its the kit and playstyle built around it that makes WW frustrating since its another factor to consider when trying to punish him. If you gave a different champ WW I doubt anyone would care (see braum). With pantheon, assuming its mostly the same numbers wise as old pantheon, he's still going to fall off, not gunna split push as much, and not going to have a massively amount of mobility so you can beat him after waiting out the shield easier. Worst case scenario they have to make his E only negate some of the incoming damage like braum rather than all of it later on.
: How many would be interested in new DJ Sona Track packs for sale in the store?
You could just play an uploaded video of the music on loop for free instead. Half the time players mute league music and have a background playlist anyway.
: Why are Diamonds in every single one of my normal matches?
Ranked and normals don’t share the same mmr.
: Just remove all pregame systems.
You have to keep in mind a binary meta isn't an easily balancable one; see all the binary champs that have been problems since the beginning. If you remove runes, the champs do become more binary, and that results in more stat checks as they get over tuned to compensate for lack of runes (expect this for all tanks, mages, and assassins, take away talon's electrocute and suddenly his W does 100 more damage level 2 on PBE). While that would definitely be the case for electrocute and comet users, you can't necessarily replace those who used runes like glacial augment (essentially you ruin the damage playstyle vs. the utility playstyle ahri and vel'koz mains have, and lock them into getting damage compensation buffs and locked in a single playstyle). This would take away dynamic from these champions and contradict the claim: >they never really solved anything nor allowed for unique playstyles. ____ There are runes that get swapped game specific; Taste of blood and Ravenous Hunter can be taken to outsustain an opponent and farm in lane phase longer, or alternatively some players prefer to go inspiration secondary for better gold value to item spike faster in the lane phase, or to use dematerializer to wave clear faster/gain priority for their jungler if they know their jungler will invade. Nullifying orb can be taken vs. AP heavy comps Glacial can be taken on almost everyone that can utilitize GLP/Twinshadows, but those users typically can run electrocute, comet, aery, or in cho's case grasp. Spell book is playstyle based, if you want to play around the rune you can make plays with it (double smite for objectives, more summoner spells than just teleport, etc.). Champs like zoe can go this, aery, dark harvest, whatever the zoe player pleases. Even Twisted Fate can do this, or comet. {{champion:164}} is a champ I can personally talk about, she has 5 viable keystones, all matchup dependant; - Grasp and Klepto are good into tanks that can't trade back with her, since all the other runes won't do much damage to them anyway and she stacks extra gold/health all lane phase. - PTA is good for snowballing and outtrading the opponent, as well as bursting squishies later on. - Conqueror while not exactly ideal most of the time, is viable into tanks if you're trying to snowball off them and outduel them. - Comet is good for rough matchups that you want to poke out and spam W with mana flow band. These are all great options for camille top lane players, so that contradicts this statement a lot; >they never really solved anything nor allowed for unique playstyles. {{champion:84}} I don't play, but I do know Akali against squishies does great with electrocute, while Akali against tanks and extended trade matchups top lane do well with conqueror. Players do legitmately play around their runes, whether its stacking conqueror first before trading, or changing their build entirely around their rune choice (triforce comet ashe, vs. lethal tempo on-hit ashe). Also how do you replace runes like phase rush for {{champion:136}}? You can't without directly injecting more movement speed into his kit then we're in a world of "why the fuck can aurelion sol have built in movement steroids but they haven't given swain any compensation? Is aurelion sol overloaded now or are all previous phase rush users underloaded in comparison now?" ______ >Yes, even the old ones where if you didn't have AS reds you were literally unable to jungle. Was that rune specific problem, or was that because the jungle was too hard to clear? Remember back when league first come out riot didn't even intend to have a 'jungle' when they made runes. The jungle role just happened and then later got supported as a role. originally the jungle was meant to just be a bonus with 2 top, 1 mid, 2 bot, so yea the jungle was tough as nails without attack speed since it was never intended to take attack speed runes and play it as a role until they made it easier. > make the game easier to balance because there's less to manage. Not necessarily, you instead just inject the numbers into each champion individually; if damage is overall to high: nerf electrocute, balancing everyone across the board if most electrocute users are fine except a few cases: nerf the few champs. if runes like phase rush, conqueror, lethal tempo, etc get removed the champs reliant on that instead get that injected into their kits or injected in an item.. which leads to problems with that champion being overloaded, or the meta actually being more snowbally based on who 'bought their rune' first and item spike faster. If champs have less built-in mechanics (runes) then the champ with the better stat check just wins by default unless they fuck up majorly. ____ Its 5 AM for me so this might be hard to read without proof reading better, but I do think its very tunnel sighted to claim there isn't variety with rune builds, even for the same champion. Hell I've been swapping secondaries on {{champion:60}} for the past 2 weeks every few games, depending on if i'm looking to 2v2 their jungler (triumph + coup), make mid game plays or survive hard matchups like kayn and karthus (stopwatch + cosmic), or spam gank and focus on snowballing and taking objectives (absolute focus, waterwalking). System is working fine for me in that regard, and frankly its not unhealthy or game breaking for me being able to do that when the opponent can also do the same and flex nullifying orb.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=z5EG4Hok,comment-id=000100010001,timestamp=2019-07-28T17:45:37.643+0000) > > Riot doesn't care for strat that are trying to win, as long as it doesn't make the game way more unpleasant and ruin the experience for everybody else (ie: being stuck 1v2 bot lane against your will while constantly being dove by the jungler and with that, being super behind on the hyper carry role isn't exactly a positive.). If its ruining the experience for everyone despite trying to win, then they're using the trying to win excuse in bad faith. > > That being said, i'd be interested in seeing him hit masters cause he did demote from masters all the way to d3 after doing this strat and has a 1.78:1 KDA on teemo (4.1 / 6.4 / 7.4 average KDA, not the worst for a support pick assuming he's going to have the same KDAs as a support on average) . When he got to masters, he got there mainly by playing leona, amumu, and teemo unironically. If he gets there playing the teemo strat exclusively, then it will prove that the strat works at a decently high level and not on a super conditional basis (like season 5-6 LCS side lane swapping in solo queue doesn't work). > > I'm genuinely curious about one thing though, why teemo and not twitch, shaco, yuumi, jarvin, or numerous other champs that seem like they could do the strat better while offering more to the team? Teemo because of his hidden passive of course.
> [{quoted}](name=FutureTrunksOP,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=z5EG4Hok,comment-id=0001000100010000,timestamp=2019-07-28T18:04:23.916+0000) > > Teemo because of his hidden passive of course. But if you're sitting in mid lane, where the champ pool consist of: {{champion:103}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:30}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:518}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:68}} {{champion:517}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:134}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:115}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:142}} They can still kill you in stealth if they see where you went invis (which you'll always see due to the short lane and wave states unless he goes invis all the way back at tower, and because he has to stay still, its predictable ) compared to twitch or shaco which can go invis at will and have other gimmicks (slow on twitch W, fear on shaco boxes, clone for better siege). More importantly however, he goes invis to avoid being targetted (against a mostly skill shot lane), where I'm pretty sure yuumi would completely outclass teemo in that regard, harass, and offer healing + shield to her ally while syngergizing with an ally's TP or getting supportive items to counter the lane rather than rely on damage for snowballing/scaling. The strat has to be analyzed on why it works, and a big question is the champion to do it in general. Teemo wouldn't be 'viable' to do this 'viable strat' if other champs could do it better, he'd be outclassed. If we maximized the ability to pull off the strat, it'd be clearer if the strat itself was viable over other more conventional strategies. All we know about the strat is he plays teemo, he goes either mid or top and leaves the ADC in a 1v2. He helps harass and keep one lane perma pushed at the cost of XP (and if the champs have priority by default he isn't necessary). There's two arguments; either the strat with the champion works for a reason of which isn't properly explained, or it only works when the enemy doesn't know how to punish it properly, or to be blunt, only works when the enemy sucks.
: > [{quoted}](name=SuicidePlank,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=z5EG4Hok,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-28T15:54:54.148+0000) > > You will get banned again, dw. Riot said you can't get banned for off meta strats as long as you try to win, which is what he's doing. Try again.
> [{quoted}](name=FutureTrunksOP,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=z5EG4Hok,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-07-28T16:15:01.399+0000) > > Riot said you can't get banned for off meta strats as long as you try to win, which is what he's doing. Try again. Riot doesn't care for strat that are trying to win, as long as it doesn't make the game way more unpleasant and ruin the experience for everybody else (ie: being stuck 1v2 bot lane against your will while constantly being dove by the jungler and with that, being super behind on the hyper carry role isn't exactly a positive.). If its ruining the experience for everyone despite trying to win, then they're using the trying to win excuse in bad faith. That being said, i'd be interested in seeing him hit masters cause he did demote from masters all the way to d3 after doing this strat and has a 1.78:1 KDA on teemo (4.1 / 6.4 / 7.4 average KDA, not the worst for a support pick assuming he's going to have the same KDAs as a support on average) . When he got to masters, he got there mainly by playing leona, amumu, and teemo unironically. If he gets there playing the teemo strat exclusively, then it will prove that the strat works at a decently high level and not on a super conditional basis (like season 5-6 LCS side lane swapping in solo queue doesn't work). I'm genuinely curious about one thing though, why teemo and not twitch, shaco, yuumi, jarvin, or numerous other champs that seem like they could do the strat better while offering more to the team?
Comentários de Rioters
Exibir mais

Tormentula

Nível 368 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão