: The rule is that you can be toxic in **zero** games. Do that frequently enough, regardless of how good you think you've been, and you're going to get punished. > I think everyone can learn and improve with a few helpful tips. > Most of what I say in game is helpful. Nothing that would detract from the game. You aren't presenting helpful tips. Here are some examples of what would be helpful. * "Hey, maybe would should get dragon now." * "4 of them are dead, let's push mid tower." * "They have 3 tanks, you might want to get something with grievous wounds." This is you. Direct quotes. * "honest you're just bad dude" * "why dont one of you kids go push top" * "he's never where we need him to be" * "you abandoned me" * "the greif is real" You're not better than your teammates. You're not the captain, you're not in charge, you're not their leader. And you sure won't get people to accept you as a shotcaller if you talk to them like this. > But he stayed silent which was more irritating and led to the conclusion that he was trolling. But you know, if you'd have stayed silent instead of constantly flaming your team, you wouldn't have been punished. Nobody is required to talk in game, and it doesn't mean they're "trolling" if they choose to be silent. Nobody owes you can explanation for anything. This is a video game. If you're flaming people this hard and being this emotional, you need to take a step back.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2AeGa9vA,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T16:26:53.315+0000) > > The rule is that you can be toxic in **zero** games. Do that frequently enough, regardless of how good you think you've been, and you're going to get punished. > > You aren't presenting helpful tips. Here are some examples of what would be helpful. > > * "Hey, maybe would should get dragon now." > * "4 of them are dead, let's push mid tower." > * "They have 3 tanks, you might want to get something with grievous wounds." > > This is you. Direct quotes. > > * "honest you're just bad dude" > * "why dont one of you kids go push top" > * "he's never where we need him to be" > * "you abandoned me" > * "the greif is real" > > You're not better than your teammates. You're not the captain, you're not in charge, you're not their leader. And you sure won't get people to accept you as a shotcaller if you talk to them like this. > > But you know, if you'd have stayed silent instead of constantly flaming your team, you wouldn't have been punished. Nobody is required to talk in game, and it doesn't mean they're "trolling" if they choose to be silent. Nobody owes you can explanation for anything. > > This is a video game. If you're flaming people this hard and being this emotional, you need to take a step back. Let me add some context here: > * "honest you're just bad dude" Garen was complaining about Illaoi as a champion. This was banter plain and simple. Meant nothing by it other than to just troll him. Garen's a basic champion with zero skillshots. If you can't play him well, you're probably bad at recognizing mistakes and punishing them. That's what Garen's win condition is. > * "why dont one of you kids go push top" At this point me pushing top just ended in death to a 2 v 1 that I couldn't win. (Graves was pretty fed at this point.) The odds of them being younger than me (and I'm 25 btw) is high, and it was meant more as kind of a passing joke. > * "he's never where we need him to be" There were multiple times during the game where we needed Zac's CC and damage to win a fight, but he was always on the opposite side of the map farming his camps when things like Drake and Herald were up. > * "you abandoned me" > * "the greif is real" This is possibly the closest you could get to anything you kids call "flame". I tried to make a play with Zac and he ended up leaving me dead when I needed him to make it work. He did this multiple times which led to me concluding that this was targeted at me. Before you try and say "you're toxic" understand that Riot never gives you the context of the chat logs. (In my opinion, that's not a way to promote reform. That's just a way to get rid of "toxic" players.
: Here's the thing...most things you're typing are antagonistic and detract from the game. You're spending time berating people, calling them stupid, and being generally negative. The context doesn't matter. Who started it didn't matter. Stop criticizing people constantly. Since you're so concerned with winning or losing LP - I guarantee you'll win more games and gain more LP if you **focus on yourself instead of others**. Expect to lose some games. There's going to be a winning team and a losing team in **every game**. Nothing you're typing to your team is going to get you closer to a win, and in fact, it's going to get you farther. People don't like being badgered and insulted.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2AeGa9vA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-06T15:28:15.406+0000) > > Here's the thing...most things you're typing are antagonistic and detract from the game. You're spending time berating people, calling them stupid, and being generally negative. The context doesn't matter. Who started it didn't matter. Stop criticizing people constantly. > > Since you're so concerned with winning or losing LP - I guarantee you'll win more games and gain more LP if you **focus on yourself instead of others**. Expect to lose some games. There's going to be a winning team and a losing team in **every game**. Nothing you're typing to your team is going to get you closer to a win, and in fact, it's going to get you farther. People don't like being badgered and insulted. I don't see it the same way. This is not the majority of my games. I've played well over 200 across 2 accounts and I've not said anything that is remotely close to how bad I've been in the past. I state what I see. If someone wants to prove me wrong, go for it. If I see you running it down and taking really bad fights, I'm going to say something about it. I'm not going to just take it quietly. Most of what I say in game is helpful. Nothing that would detract from the game. I've had similarly bad games in the past 200 and nothing from those is present in Riot's example. If telling someone that my deduction from how they're playing is either ignorance or trolling, then I don't want to be part of that community. I know that on some things I'm ignorant, but I accept that and I learn from it. If the Zac had accepted that he was ignorant and said, yeah I don't know what I'm doing rather than stay silent, I'd help him. I think everyone can learn and improve with a few helpful tips. But he stayed silent which was more irritating and led to the conclusion that he was trolling. If you can handle people taking your LP wrongfully and Riot never punishing them, then keep supporting their crappy game.
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=IREALLYENJOYCOCK,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2AeGa9vA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-06T15:24:49.222+0000) > > If you type you will get banned. Stop typing and mute all. How hard is that? It's not that you get banned just for talking. Punishments are given to flamers, spammers and general assholes. Civilized messages are not a bad thing.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2AeGa9vA,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T15:45:36.908+0000) > > It's not that you get banned just for talking. Punishments are given to flamers, spammers and general assholes. Civlized messages are not a bad thing. If League isn't meant for typing, then why have it at all?
: Ehhh... i doubt it. We would have to see it. A vague one-sided account isnt really enough information to come to a conclusion on that.
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=aEvGaTEv,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-06T02:02:39.251+0000) > > Ehhh... i doubt it. We would have to see it. A vague one-sided account isnt really enough information to come to a conclusion on that. I can't clip the stuff b/c the account is having issues rn. Trying to sort them out. I wish I could show you what I saw.
rujitra (NA)
: 1. The jungler does not have to gank any one lane at any given time. You are not the boss of the jungler. 2. If the jungler kept thinking he could kill the Teemo, the jungler can keep ganking Teemo. 3. Stop trying to report everyone just to avoid taking any responsibility for the loss.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=aEvGaTEv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-06T01:33:58.522+0000) > > 1. The jungler does not have to gank any one lane at any given time. You are not the boss of the jungler. > > 2. If the jungler kept thinking he could kill the Teemo, the jungler can keep ganking Teemo. > > 3. Stop trying to report everyone just to avoid taking any responsibility for the loss. 1. I never asked for his assistance, everything he did was of his own decision making. I asked him nicely to stop, and he refused. 2. He can, but that will cost me LP which doesn't make me very happy. 3. I had a rough lane and was dealing with it as best I could. If you could watch the replay you'd see him basically running in over and over, not even trying to outplay the Teemo. He literally kept auto attacking while he was blinded and both Teemo (who was autoing and Ignited him) and the tower were hitting him. He showed intention to lose the game for us and he did it over and over again in the same fashion. I did my best to salvage what I could but in the end it was a loss.
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
: Omae wa mou shindeiru
> [{quoted}](name=Velzard of Koz,realm=EUNE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=iVQej9vc,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-04T22:15:46.472+0000) > > Omae wa mou shindeiru {{champion:266}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:24}} NANI?
Rifter34 (NA)
: Can't wait to see Illaoi 1v1 reworked mordekaiser whether it's testing his spirit or ulting him. Once he banishes her to the death realm to 1v1 him she will have to use all of her strength to defeat him. Trust me.. It will be the Battle of the GODS fighting on the Rift.. It will be the awakening of the Age of Gods walking on the summoners rift.
> [{quoted}](name=Rifter34,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=iVQej9vc,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-06-04T23:44:51.502+0000) > > Can't wait to see Illaoi 1v1 reworked mordekaiser whether it's testing his spirit or ulting him. Once he banishes her to the death realm to 1v1 him she will have to use all of her strength to defeat him. Trust me.. It will be the Battle of the GODS fighting on the Rift.. It will be the awakening of the Age of Gods walking on the summoners rift. Actually what'll happen is this: 1. Mordekaiser will use his Ultimate on Illaoi. 2. Illaoi will use QSS to remove it (because that's a thing). 3. Illaoi will pull his spirit and (if he choses to fight) ult him and his spirit and proceed to send him back to the Death Realm (aka the Gray Screen).
: ya top lane sucks, you cant play fun champs top because there are too many op hyper carrys, tahm kench litterely wins every matchup, just bs
> [{quoted}](name=Godfather Star,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yrqBgA0c,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-04T17:13:39.694+0000) > > ya top lane sucks, you cant play fun champs top because there are too many op hyper carrys, tahm kench litterely wins every matchup, just bs Funny because recently I've only seen TK twice and won the matchup by *ahem* **not playing into his win condition**. Tahm Kench got damage buffs in exchange for not being the Pick/Ban Support of Pro Play. Not terrible buffs, I think it breathed new life into a one-trick champion. The one thing TK's buffs did for him was make his 1 v 1 in the Top Lane with tank items pretty brutal. The key to winning is not to fight him. Let me explain. Fighting TK is a pointless endeavour because once he gets his three stacks on his passive he auto wins the trade because he can stun and/or eat you. So the trick to winning versus him is save key abilities to either farm the wave or trade with him when he can't trade back. (Champions like Illaoi are good for this.) Once you're done wittling him down, you put his lane in a position where he can't base for free pre-6 (post-6 he can use Ultimate to get back to lane, but that denies him the ability to roam efficiently) if he takes ignite, no difference with TP other than you can force him to use it to not fall behind.
: clarify League is getting a fatal error, or your PC is getting a fatal error? if it is the former, something within League's files might have gotten corrupted I'd recommend running the Hextech Repair tool and do a forced repatch and see if they fixes it (check the box that says give logs...you might need those) If that fixes your problem great, if not; then you and use that same tool to do a uninstall/reinstall of league...that *should* fix the issue (again check the box for keeping logs) In the event that also fails, send in a ticket to Riot support and include both (if possible) log files from your Hextech repair tool If it is the later; that is well beyond my experience and you need to contact whoever you got the pc from and see if and how much a repair would cost; let them know what is going on [even if it is out of warranty, and if it was advertised with a higher nvidia card then you can file a complaint; if not...then meh] Honestly, I doubt it is your graphics card, you have a slightly lesser variant of the GTX than I do (i'm running a 745) and I have almost 0 issue running League (occasional hiccups but that is to be expected from an online game)
> [{quoted}](name=MordridtheBlack,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=r1R13EFT,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-03T02:04:12.371+0000) > > clarify > > League is getting a fatal error, or your PC is getting a fatal error? > > if it is the former, something within League's files might have gotten corrupted > > I'd recommend running the Hextech Repair tool and do a forced repatch and see if they fixes it (check the box that says give logs...you might need those) > > If that fixes your problem great, if not; then you and use that same tool to do a uninstall/reinstall of league...that *should* fix the issue (again check the box for keeping logs) > > In the event that also fails, send in a ticket to Riot support and include both (if possible) log files from your Hextech repair tool > > If it is the later; that is well beyond my experience and you need to contact whoever you got the pc from and see if and how much a repair would cost; let them know what is going on [even if it is out of warranty, and if it was advertised with a higher nvidia card then you can file a complaint; if not...then meh] > > Honestly, I doubt it is your graphics card, you have a slightly lesser variant of the GTX than I do (i'm running a 745) and I have almost 0 issue running League (occasional hiccups but that is to be expected from an online game) I recently ran the tool but for the time being I'm using my Lenovo Legion which has an Nvidia GTX 1050TI (which when matched with 16 gb of RAM and a hyper-threaded hexcore processor makes for good frames and good quality). I appreciate your help, it's nice to have a second brain in on the issue. I've read older threads about people saying that League of Legends has gotten the fatal error and the only option was to restart their computer (or something to that effect). It's possible an old problem which got patched out earlier got reintroduced in a new way with a more recent patch. I might just do a full reinstall of League at some point but for now running it on my laptop is producing zero issues. It could very well just be a Graphics Card issue for me.
RikuXI (NA)
: Oh boy, I love it when you get flamed and then YOU get punished
Honest, just rage quit if he's going to be passive aggressive. Riot can't punish you for leaving games outside of a leaver penalty, and if you don't do it consistently, you'll never see a punishment. If you know you're going to lose LP, might as well not get punished further for it. Flaming will get you banned. Going AFK won't.
: How to Fight Urgot?
Get a QSS. Crab man pulling you in to grind you into a bloody pulp? Pop QSS and laugh as the 12 yo yells at Riot for including this broken item that denies him that First Blood while his bot lane feeds yours relentlessly.
Terozu (NA)
: Yeah I love the combo, but it's not necessary. I can play Xayah moderately well,but I suck pretty bad at Rakans hit and run play style.
You want hit and run playstyle, pick up this guy - {{champion:236}} You hit them They run Your ult isn't The Culling... it's The Drive By.
: > [{quoted}](name=Colton147147,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ahoAAPL8,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-05T03:24:51.416+0000) > > {{champion:518}} is a very mechanically intensive champion and has a high skill ceiling. > > She, like all AP champions and {{champion:42}}, are invalidated by a {{item:1033}}. Arguably this is less true in her case, as the discovery of her onhit kit gives her the option to go hybrid instead. Magic damage is part of her kit, but she's a lot less reliant on it than most other champions. She's almost the only true mage-marksman in the game, and it does give laning versus a good one some unique problems, particularly in the toplane. As a {{champion:518}} semi-main this season I'm actually very open to the notion that she's way too good in lane phase still, and that her new E feels "easy". I find her long autoattack range very exploitable as well; real fairness might involve toning it down some. However, like a lot of champs, the line to taking her to absolutely unplayable via supposed minor nerfs may be real too. Picking her top - where I quite admit that her potential for lane bullying is real - tends to wreck team comps later, and she's far less broken in every other lane and the jungle - squishy and easily explodable at just about every stage of the game if you can ever lay a finger on her. I'm open to nerfing her E or auto range - probably not both, though - and if so, she'd probably need some extra tankiness to compensate. (Damage buffs not needed, we have too many of those in League already.)
My preference would be reduce the damage of E or increase its cooldown. Example of this is Illaoi. If you miss your E and the enemy jungler is Top, you might be dead if Flash is on CD. Similarly if Neeko burns her only self-peel outside of Ultimate, you have a long window to punish her for her waste of a spell. Then if she lands it, cool you take tons of damage that you deserve to as a reward to Neeko for landing a snare. I'm all about fairness, but Neeko is honestly really unfair to play against.
: {{champion:518}} is a very mechanically intensive champion and has a high skill ceiling. She, like all AP champions and {{champion:42}}, are invalidated by a {{item:1033}}.
High skill ceiling but low skill floor. She suffers from Zed Syndrome. You can play decently with Zed if you play him for 10 games but play him for 1000 games and you become a monster with him. She's not immediately invalidated by one item, you have to systematically fuck her with multiple items for different reasons. Banshee's to prevent her from picking you, Zhonya's if she does, and Merc Treads for when she gets you and you can't Stopwatch out of it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Totally Worth It,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ahoAAPL8,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-10T03:30:23.934+0000) > > I normally play Ahri, and even still Neeko feels like a chore to lane against. She stands in a way where she can hit minions with her E (which speeds it up and increases the duration) and then while rooted and with minions between me and her, she hits a full Q. That's the annoying no counterplay part to it. I feel like it's way too easy for Neeko to get a full combo on me and there's nothing I can do to play versus it. > > Personally I would want Riot to buff her Q damage and increase the cooldown on her E as well as remove the double duration stun on her E. The increased speed on her E for pushing it through targets feels fine and good, but not when it gets wider and stuns longer if she hits one minion. Her ultimate is also *extremely* anti-Ahri as I can't get close to her due to the threat of her stun and the damage it does with even one item. > > **Let's be fair, I'm not saying let's gut Neeko like we gutted Zoe, but at least make it where the damage she does feels appropriate. I don't mind taking a ton of damage if I get snared by E. That's fine. I accept that. But when I feel like it's nearly impossible to farm due to her E always being up or taking a ton of harrass for one Q or a single AA, that's not cool.** I play both champs...it shouldn't be an awful matchup. Your early waveclear is a lot better, and your full combo should outdamage hers. Stay to your waves' sides as others have suggested until you bait her snare out, buy {{item:1001}} early to dodge it, push the wave at her with Q to allow roams (neither champ can tank minions without serious cost) and you'll have a better time. Honestly, the biggest advantage she has over you shouldn't even be her snare, as with skillful play you can use your own abilities for bait and counterplay against it. It's the way her W clone eats your charm, though it's arguable that only higher-experience {{champion:518}} mains really use that one to its full potential - I love the way my clones stay eating mushrooms and snareshots all day long, though I'm loath to let the chameleon out of the bag on that one. :>
I personally don't like Neeko - I've played her but not enough to think like one. I've played Ahri for 5 years, so I know how they tend to think in 90% of situations, that's why I consistently ruin players who pick her away from me. It's better (in my opinion) to just give me Ahri because I'm more likely to make misplays due to comfort. (If you ever see me play Lux, I only flash forwards to make a huge snare play when it really matters. Otherwise I save Flash for escapes when the fights gets FUBAR).
: > [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ahoAAPL8,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-11T23:27:06.072+0000) > > Then again her passive is pretty gimmicky. It's pretty easy to tell the difference between Neeko and an actual champion. Sometimes. Depends how smart you are about it. When you're disguised up *and* using your W clone and entering into an unexpected situation, a lot of people can be fooled in my experience.
I appreciate the commentary on all of this, I didn't expect much from the community other than a barrage of "git gud" or something of the like. IIRC Neeko's E moves faster and gets wider after it hits a minion, and her level 2 is surprisingly more abusive than Ahri's. (I've found the hard way that trying to contest a Neeko push often leads to her just turning on me with her damage, and it puts me in a bad spot because 1) if I am forced to farm under tower, I hit my levels where I should be strong and I can't do anything or 2) if I contest her push, she blows her full combo on me and if that doesn't kill me she chases me down with her movespeed on W and I die anyways, since her clone can eat the charm and nullify any peel I throw.) That's probably where I struggle the most, I don't like Neeko's power and her reliability. The only gimmicky part of her kit is her passive and her ultimate in my honest opinion, since her ult can't be used to engage reliably. If you ask me, I'd like it more if Riot rebalanced her power budget into her Ultimate. Maybe give her movespeed on cast so she can get in and attempt to make good on it. Then you could nerf the E Q combo.
Comentários de Rioters
: {{champion:518}} is a very mechanically intensive champion and has a high skill ceiling. She, like all AP champions and {{champion:42}}, are invalidated by a {{item:1033}}.
It severely hurts champions like Ahri to have to rush Merc Treads and Banshee's early due to her reliance on Lost Chapter for mana sustain early.
Aeoss (NA)
: Who do you normally play? I've never had a problem facing her. The most immediate advice I can offer is to stand away from minions. Make her choose between harass and wave clear. Then counter her in lane respectively.
I normally play Ahri, and even still Neeko feels like a chore to lane against. She stands in a way where she can hit minions with her E (which speeds it up and increases the duration) and then while rooted and with minions between me and her, she hits a full Q. That's the annoying no counterplay part to it. I feel like it's way too easy for Neeko to get a full combo on me and there's nothing I can do to play versus it. Personally I would want Riot to buff her Q damage and increase the cooldown on her E as well as remove the double duration stun on her E. The increased speed on her E for pushing it through targets feels fine and good, but not when it gets wider and stuns longer if she hits one minion. Her ultimate is also *extremely* anti-Ahri as I can't get close to her due to the threat of her stun and the damage it does with even one item. **Let's be fair, I'm not saying let's gut Neeko like we gutted Zoe, but at least make it where the damage she does feels appropriate. I don't mind taking a ton of damage if I get snared by E. That's fine. I accept that. But when I feel like it's nearly impossible to farm due to her E always being up or taking a ton of harrass for one Q or a single AA, that's not cool.**
Comentários de Rioters
Done25 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Boltonator,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1dnvUcjY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-01T15:15:05.587+0000) > > That would be equivalent to a buff. > > Supports don’t get buffs around these parts I’m afraid. > > {{champion:117}} Soraka got buffed. I'm hyped for when I get home. ♡
It was most definitely a nerf to lane bully Soraka but a buff to heal bitch Soraka.
: > [{quoted}](name=Purple Angel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YbETJXaU,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-01T14:47:36.659+0000) > > id rather get her one in every 5 games than have her reverted to a champion that is unplayable due to the ridiculous nerfs > > buff her W ratios so she's viable in the mid lane again... this is ridiculous to nerf her everywhere for no reason. Yeah, a 53% win rate and 44% ban rate. She absolutely wasn't overtuned though I'm sure.
I mean look at Riven, disgustingly strong in all elos thanks to Conquerer but Riot won't nerf her.
Rαy (EUW)
: Whoever did the Particle Effects on the new Skinline deserves a Raise
Whoever designed this is clearly... A WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB! No but seriously these are pretty sick, I'll probably invest in the Lux Skin myself and endure the Weeb comments for the forseeable future. :)
Icecoon (NA)
: Banned for toxic name?
As much as I sympathize with you, you have to realize that Riot is covering its own rear by telling you to change your name. Coon is an old-timey racial slur referring to black people, although you probably don't know this because the more common slur people get banned for is the n-word. I feel for ya, changing your name sucks, but all you can do is roll with the punches. Be grateful Riot doesn't permanently ban people for this kind of thing. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: Punishments are not supposed to feel good. Why is there a constant stream of threads here to the contrary? People who get chat restricted get all up in arms. People who get banned get all up in arms. People who get hit with a low-priority queue get all up in arms. Jesus, man. As Baval said, it's supposed to either get you to fix the problem or stop playing, because every time you leave a game, you're messing up the experience that 9 other people are having.
Problem is every time I "fix" the problem it comes up somewhere else. The joys (and headaches) of technology. I don't go back into game thinking "oh well, time to find a new lobby." I work in tech, I expect my machine to function optimally. When it doesn't I do everything I can to nuke the culprit before doing anything else.
rujitra (NA)
: I’m not sure what you want. Riot does not have the resources to hire people to walk players through reform. Nor does the criminal justice system. Unfortunately in life there is simply not the resources to walk every person through being a better person. Unfortunately, that’s part of being an adult, and that’s something I’ve learned as well. People need to take responsibility for themselves if they truly want to get better. And if they don’t want to get better, then they’re not the players Riot wants in their game. **** On the subject of Leaverbuster, you have continued playing games even though you know your computer is freezing. You are being punished because you continue queueing while you know there’s a decent chance that you will not connect to the game. You are putting your own personal preference to play League over that of 9 other players who want an even game matchup. It’s selfish, and rude, of you to do that. As multiple songs sing, “you can’t always get what you want” - especially when what you want inconveniences 9 other players.
I actually ran the numbers on this account since I have only played 120 games on the account and I only had 6 "remakes" overall, which is 5% of my games. I disagree with the system being exceptionally harsh on a guy who is not actively trying to ruin games. 5% equates to roughly 54 players that have had their experience "ruined" by my shitty computer and of those only 36 were in Ranked. 36 out of a few million players had 3 minutes of their life taken away by a shitty computer and no LP lost. That's a win to them and a huge L to me. I'd like a system that will dole out lesser punishments for remakes as compared to people who leave the game and make it a 4 v 5 after the window to remake has passed by. That would be far better off for a lot of people. I know how it is when you have to remake, I feel bad that I've wasted your time. Before I queue up, I usually check everything. It rarely ever happens. Why should the punishment for something far worse be the same for a remake?
Baval (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Totally Worth It,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ALzMjHPN,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-17T23:59:57.321+0000) > > I don't think the problem was intended to have this level of impact. I find it to be rather overzealous in its automated crusade. Considering this has only happened a handful of times (>10 out of 120 games?)… by my math it's only impacted 5% of my games total. At most, the only thing I've done is create frustration for... 36 players in Normal Lobbies and 18 players in Ranked. so 54 total, and none of them have lost LP. None of them have had Leaverbuster tossed on them. All they have to endure is a 3 min game, and a new lobby after that. > > People like you are the reason League has a toxic community. its quite baffling to me that you think explaining to you how and why the system works is toxic, but hey you do you guy. If you insist on playing with a computer that clearly cant handle the game, youre going to continue to get punished for it. Riot doesnt want you ruining other peoples games, not even 8.3% of the games youre in. They want you ruining 0% of the games youre in. Working as intended.
The system wasn't designed to make people want to quit a game. It was designed to prevent people from ruining games. I'm not trying to ruin anyone's game. I'm just trying to climb like everyone else. The system can be improved.
: Can we all agree that players who disconnect, whether intentionally or not, are abusive to the 9 other people in the games they ruin? See, I can ask loaded questions too. Why are you mixing toxicity into a post about Leaverbuster? 2 separate things handles by 2 separate systems. Fix your computer. The combined frustration of 9 other people adds up to more than yours.
You sure about that? I work 40 hours a week at two separate jobs to make enough money to sustain myself. I only bought this >2 month old computer new after I got my tax refund. I'm not saying that it isn't fair to the rest of the players, but the impact on them is remarkably less than what I'd be facing. I think the system is a little too overzealous. Your loaded question was asked only to make me look like a prick and it's definitely made you look like one.
Baval (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Totally Worth It,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ALzMjHPN,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-17T23:46:02.919+0000) > > So Leaverbuster making me feel bad that I have crappy computer is good for game? Boy do you sound toxic... I like League as a game, and for its lore. I just think the Leaverbuster is a little too overzealous. I prefer the older system if I had to choose between the two. But it needs to be improved. > > Like I said, I'm not trying to leave the game, my computer freezes up on me sometimes while in loading screen and forces me to restart, which usually ends in a remake anyways, so I'm the only one here who gets super punished. I lose LP, I get a 20 minute leave timer for something that is kinda out of my control... Your comment is irrelevant because it is based on the idea that I'm leaving the game after it starts. I'm not. I wholeheartedly intend to play the game out until the end - no matter what it is. If you like league as a game and for its Lore you can play vs AI. As I said, if youre leaving games, which you are, Riot doesnt care the reason. They dont want someone playing who consistently leaves games so they put in an annoying punishment so you either fix the problem (whether it be your attitude or your internet, or in your case your computer) or eventually get frustrated and stop playing. Worst case scenario for them is you keep playing anyway but only get to play (and thus potentially leave) once every 20 minutes at best. So their system is working as intended. Whether you feel its fair to you personally is irreverent, it does what they want it to do.
I don't think the problem was intended to have this level of impact. I find it to be rather overzealous in its automated crusade. Considering this has only happened a handful of times (>10 out of 120 games?)… by my math it's only impacted 5% of my games total. At most, the only thing I've done is create frustration for... 36 players in Normal Lobbies and 18 players in Ranked. so 54 total, and none of them have lost LP. None of them have had Leaverbuster tossed on them. All they have to endure is a 3 min game, and a new lobby after that. People like you are the reason League has a toxic community.
: Can we all agree that players who disconnect, whether intentionally or not, are abusive to the 9 other people in the games they ruin? See, I can ask loaded questions too. Why are you mixing toxicity into a post about Leaverbuster? 2 separate things handles by 2 separate systems. Fix your computer. The combined frustration of 9 other people adds up to more than yours.
Clearly no one understands what I'm saying but it's ok, i'll update the OP so it's clearer. :)
Baval (NA)
: whether youre leaving intentionally or not youre leaving and thus ruining other peoples games. If you cant maintain a stable connection Riot doesnt want you playing. Thus if youre feeling like you dont want to keep playing, its doing its job.
So Leaverbuster making me feel bad that I have crappy computer is good for game? Boy do you sound toxic... I like League as a game, and for its lore. I just think the Leaverbuster is a little too overzealous. I prefer the older system if I had to choose between the two. But it needs to be improved. Like I said, I'm not trying to leave the game, my computer freezes up on me sometimes while in loading screen and forces me to restart, which usually ends in a remake anyways, so I'm the only one here who gets super punished. I lose LP, I get a 20 minute leave timer for something that is kinda out of my control... Your comment is irrelevant because it is based on the idea that I'm leaving the game after it starts. I'm not. I wholeheartedly intend to play the game out until the end - no matter what it is.
Comentários de Rioters
: Why did they keep buffing sylas's heal?
Riot nerfed the base values and buffed the ratios. I agree that the heal still feels a little bullshit but I think it's not fair that when both targets are low Sylas wins every time thanks to it. I think it would be more fair if it's either one or the other. Either use it as a clutch tool to help Sylas squeeze out a cheek-clenching 1 v 1 or make it an execute based on missing HP. Letting it be both makes it a situation where Sylas has his cake and eats it too.
: I had to AFK in a draft match
The system makes you type "I Agree" the first time you afk so that both of you know that it's not ok to do so. However Riot does realize that emergencies happen, so if it's super infrequent then you won't ever get punished for it. That's literally saying that League is more important than real life. If that were the case, I wouldn't play League ever!
: Should one feel good about getting others punished?
First you have to consider how often you report players and how often they report you (this is assuming you are toxic - chances are you aren't). You report a ton of players. You might see that message once every so often - Riot only displays it for 10% of all reports submitted by you that result in punishment. This is meant to encourage you to continue reporting people because (as you saw from the message), the system caught someone because of your report. That being said, you don't remember any of your reports, so you don't know who got punished - therefore there's no reason to feel good or bad about it. I would encourage you to not feel good about it as that can encourage you to report vengefully (which is no bueno). But you can show gratitude to them for acknowledging your efforts to help them catch a misbehaving player. That's appropriate in my book. As for me, those messages create anxiety for me as I've been permanently banned 6 times and I'm still trying to reform. I've gotten a ton better but I'm always afraid of slipping and getting in trouble.
: "Are you the feeder Ashe from my last game?"
My advice - report him for griefing and in the future if you see that kind of behavior, just dodge. You can't demote for dodging (but dodging will end series, so be mindful of that).
: There's actually a specific rule about that for the boards. Insulting or dismissing an argument just because it came from someone of a certain rank is frowned on (when the argument has nothing to do with rank). For example: Let's say someone made a post about how OP they thought Teemo was and gave several reasons why they were over-powered (such as skill synergy in the current meta and so forth). Countering their argument with, "You're silver 5, your opinion is worthless." is not okay (and a bad counter-argument). It's just attacking the legitimacy of their argument because of their rank. Countering their argument with, "At lower elos he tends to curb stomp the competition since many teams at that tier have a hard time working together to stop Teemo which is his primary weakness." would be fine since you're making no mention of the OP's rank but instead using the properties of certain ranks to support a counter-argument.
Honestly, one's rank and elo does have a place in the comment your making but (I agree) you shouldn't use it to attack the player. Rather use it to explain the context of why it works and what you can do against it (which I believe you did). Everything in Parenthesis was meant for AeroWaffle, everyone else can read the comment without the added parenthesis'd commentary and still benefit from it. :)
: Is it really fair to dismiss a player's thoughts based on their rank? (Silver +)
This is built on a stereotype that because you are X rank that isn't Gold+ then nothing you say is worth listening to. That being said a number of extremely overpowered builds are found in lower elos of play and mimicked by higher tier players who (because they have an understanding of WHY it works) abuse the absolute crap out of it. Being lower elo doesn't mean you're bad and that your comments should be ignored. It's very likely you are right about what you're saying, you just lack the understanding of the why (which is needed to give your point the clout it needs). Once you understand the why behind anything, it all makes sense.
: Trolling under the guise of “Good Behavior”
Hmm, hard to say. There isn't a whole ton of context provided. If you had a video clip of him doing this, it'd be far easier to make a judgment call. He could have very well been intentionally feeding or griefing the game (which does occur occasionally thanks to autofill). Best thing to do is report it to Riot Games and provide some additional context in comments and they can manually review it from there. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: > [{quoted}](name=mlgpepe666,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GA3vGgjo,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-03-10T17:03:31.371+0000) > > I think you don't understand it, saying things like that is very childish and weak.... and people who say it must be punished from my perspective, if these people keep ruining games for the other players they encounter, league becomes a toxic mess (I know it already is but it doesn't have to get worse).. :) THERE IS A MUTE BUTTON. IF YOU DON'T MUTE SOMEBODY YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR THEN YOU ARE YOUR OWN PROBLEM.
Ok Corki since it's rather clear you don't understand the problem how bout we put in this context. Suppose I say something to you and you (in a far weaker mental state) actually decide to end your own life. Am I absolved from my actions because "you didn't hit the mute button"? Because if I'm reading this correctly, you're basically saying that because you didn't mute me (for whatever reason) then you deciding to kill yourself is your problem and I'm completely absolved of all wrong doing. If I'm right (and I actually am right), this is horrible. Think before you speak, my guy.
: Except that's not name calling, that's telling someone to kill themself. It's a garbage thing to say and players that do should be punished for it. That's all there is to it.
> that's telling someone to kill themselves. What kys actually comes down to in the context of League is this: The sum total of your entire life is null and void because you are bad at League of Legends. That in and of itself is extremely serious.
: Good lord, you kids are soft these days.... Press mute and the problem is solved.
Pressing mute is only a stop-gap measure. This kind of toxicity needs to be punished, but the system is still relatively ineffective at catching comments which are basically saying "kys".
: The only real prestige skins are the victorious ones. I agree with you, the fact that purchasable skins are labeled prestigious is a joke. Doesn't even fit with the definition of the word.
I think there is a way to make the Prestige Skins prestigious. What if they locked prestige behind needing to spend "Prestige Points" earned from getting S ranks in Ranked/Normal Games. Say you get 5 Prestige Points from a win and 2 from a loss. That way you still make progress in defeat and it reduces the chances of people giving up because, welp it's not a win, it's not worth anymore.
: If you can only get the prestige points from buying shit then it kinda removes the sense of _prestige_ from it; please make these prestige points unlock from in-game achievements with chests and bundles being purely additive, just like how buying chests earns tokens but the primary way to earn tokens is still missions.
If you could only get it from buying the bundles, then it would cost you roughly around $105 dollars to get it... but they did state you could earn the Prestige Points from playing their events (which granted, cost you money for the passes). There are alternative ways to earn the Prestige Points, but I think the only way to make it fair is to reduce the costs of the passes. Otherwise, I think Riot is discriminating against the poor.

Totally Worth It

Nível 63 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão