Naalith (NA)
: Great, another interesting new champion that's gonna be deleted due to pro play
That ult is for sure going to get a range or field reduction. There is no way it can be allowed to be map wide as well as that large. I get that they are untargetable after leaving the mist but the worst part to me is they are displayed as ghouls to the enemy. If you hit all 5 team members even after exiting you don't know who is who. You can still CC them and hit them with spells, so, fine. But, when 5 people are running at you with all the same model and you don't know whats what or where it completely negates target selection. Either keep the masking effect and lose the untargetable or drop the masking effect and keep the untargetable. Untargetable duration needs a reduction regardless
: Also, Cloud Drake will give ult CDR. {{champion:102}} ult is not affected by CDR. While there are other champions that will get little out of Cloud, she is the only one I know of that gets nothing from its main benefit. Which is a miss match with the niche Riot has previously tried to put her in when they gave her a passive that interacts with dragons.
None of the shape shifters really get any benefit Jayce, Gnar, Elise, Shyvana, Udyr Probably missing a few but those are the ones off the top I can think of The drake and dynamic terrain choices feel rushed and very similar to the original plants in the jungle idea that had to be reworked and balanced
: Banner wasnt even Op just that you couldnt get adcs to group because they like to run to every lane taking all the farm and will actively run away from allies until they get 5-6 items in the game. You shouldnt have been able to banner seige minions but its mostly riots fault for speeding up minions in the first place so the pile up was harder. Banner Like Ohm Wrecker and Zzrots have shitty stats which is why they arent popular items.
It was completely OP.... a bannered up seige minion could lead to a push that would take down turrets, outside of turret range, in 8 shots from full health. All you had to do was banner up and protect the minion. Not to mention if you had more than one banner you could push to end the game off of one pick at like 15 minutes purely because 2 people built 1 item twice and somebody was out of place. It was super OP. Not saying it shouldn't come back in some way shape or form but it was way way way way overpowered.
yonzzzz4 (NA)
: I don't know how the Elder Dragon change is in any way balanced, but ok.
Elder Dragon now doesn't spawn until one team has hit 4 drakes. That could mean it would take, if drakes were taken in an alternating fashion, 7 drakes max which would almost certainly be a more delayed spawn than current elder. Even now 4 Drakes for a dominating team is at earliest 28-35 minutes? Elder spawn is now delayed so far that if you get too it you should have closed out a long time ago.
: You're welcome! This has been an incredibly fun project to work on and we simply can't wait until you all get to experience it too.
I love almost all of the changes, probably the most I've liked about a preseason in half a decade BUT!! Please give agency to players to influence what the final terrain is Mountain is too good for Quiyana and choke point team fight comps like amumu/mf etc. and Ocean is WAY to strong for bush camp champs and Rengar Giving this advantage to a team PURELY based upon luck is a nightmare and I can already see balance changes happening to champions because certain terrains are so influential and useful to their kits they lose power budget which would be absolutely absurd. Please don't add a dice roll mechanic into the league of legends ranked experience. Please learn from plant randomization! Give agency to players!
: Please Show Us Which Order Drakes Will Spawn In During Champ Select Next Season.
I agree with either this or adding some potential way for a team to influence the final terrain change. Champions interact with terrain in unique ways and certain team comps value certain terrain higher than others. Please don't leave it to a dice roll. Give agency.
Manxxom (NA)
: The elder dragon execute
I hated it before I read the actual changes. This buff requires one team to get 4 dragons to proc the elder to spawn. The conditions for this buff to come out are insane. It is just a close out mechanic that will almost NEVER be seen in game. I'm way way way more worried about dynamic terrain and how it heavily benefits certain champions and team comps from a completely random mechanic. Players should have agency over the final terrain
Comentários de Rioters
: Worlds VODs are all Spanish? (Also, Rito Support is refusing to connect)
bump. Mine were good yesterday now I can't watch FNC vs RNG.....................
: What One Change/Addition/Removal You Want From the Preseason?
SkillCappedtoChallenger did a video on the state of the JG and it was really really good. The jungle right now is ridiculously screwed to force hyper gank styles of jungling as well as the extremely likely situation of vertical jungling which just once again isolates lanes and removes agency from laners. The graph they used in the video is perfect in how it details game agency from a jungler and laner perspective. In this meta, Junglers carry laners early, then hope that the lead they gave them will allow that laner to carry the game. This means that neither person feels they can have consistent impact over the entirety of the game due to each phase being reliant on another person. If you're a laner and get camped, you just hope you didn't give away too much and your jungler was able to secure a better lead for your team on the opposite side of the map because its probably been split into vertical jungling. Especially so because the jungler probably had such high presence you can't even play the lane. If you're the jungler you secure a lead for a lane and then hope they are good enough to carry through for a win because you're almost certainly gonna fall off. Every Jungle guide I've seen pretty much advocates clear red side (because red side is INSANELY imbalanced in the rewards you get per clear as opposed to blue) and gank the nearest lane, repeatedly. Then screw clearing just soak up that minion xp because you get more in like 5 shared lane minions than you do for the entire blue side first clear so whats the point. Invade for a camp come back and gank, maps split into vertical and now that one lane is essentially 2v1 or 3v2. Whichever jungler provides the best lead and has the best laner(s) wins the game. Nobody feels like they had any true impact.
: Is this game really about CARRYING or is it about if your team WANTS to be CARRIED?
I generally post the same thing in threads like this. Boils down too carry as hard as you can, but when you can't, get carried harder. Identify win conditions and if that win condition isn't you, support whoever it is. You won't BE the carry every game most people in their proper elo just can't peak perform every game for a multitude of reasons. When you get stomped build and play for whoever has the best chance if getting the W. I wish everyone played like that.
: > [{quoted}](name=Très Pauvre,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ag9khorT,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T17:01:30.156+0000) > > It isn't sportsmanlike, it isn't friendly, and above all else, its 4 letters that mean absolutely nothing. Some internet kid beat you in a game, said gg ez and you act like he just justified the third reich, and then donned a full white robe and a pointy hat while slandering hatred across the globe. > > The internet has never been a really nice place, the fact that hate speech and intolerance are punished is fantastic. > > A little gg ez isn't going to hurt you from somebody you'll LITERALLY never interact with again. So it's fine for someone to be an asshole online because it's a once off interaction? It's fine to justify being a toxic piece of shit because "it's just words on a screen"? It's not an issue at all when a player is taking an already frustrating experience and going out of his way to make it worse? **I do not play games to have some brat stroke his ego over winning a game and shoving that victory into my face because I happened to be on the losing end.** Even if it's not hurtful on its own, I see the attitude over and over and it just kills my belief that humanity isn't going to collapse on itself because ignorance was continually cycled into raising children to the point where people like you say "it's the standard, let it go". If it's really too much to expect common decency that you'd see in real life within an online game, then I have yet another reason to leave this planet and hate the whole of humanity for allowing that shit to continue festering.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ag9khorT,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T17:13:36.947+0000) > > So it's fine for someone to be an asshole online because it's a once off interaction? > > It's fine to justify being a toxic piece of shit because "it's just words on a screen"? > > It's not an issue at all when a player is taking an already frustrating experience and going out of his way to make it worse? > > **I do not play games to have some brat stroke his ego over winning a game and shoving that victory into my face because I happened to be on the losing end.** > > Even if it's not hurtful on its own, I see the attitude over and over and it just kills my belief that humanity isn't going to collapse on itself because ignorance was continually cycled into raising children to the point where people like you say "it's the standard, let it go". If it's really too much to expect common decency that you'd see in real life within an online game, then I have yet another reason to leave this planet and hate the whole of humanity for allowing that shit to continue festering. Byy what you just said sounds like you've got some ego problems because you literally can't handle some extremely mild poking on the internet. Get some help bro. If an online game is where you're going to look for common decency and faith in humanity I literally don't know what to tell you except do something else.
: > [{quoted}](name=Très Pauvre,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ag9khorT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-24T16:55:45.637+0000) > > I never understood how people could be so thin skinned that 4 letters would upset them enough to literally post on the internet about it. > > Here we are. And I don't understand why people think it's in any way sportsmanlike or friendly to take an inherently frustrating loss and be jerks about it. It's less about being offended and more about "summoner's code says you shouldn't go out of your way to be a dick", but people consider it light and friendly banter not an outright insult.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ag9khorT,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-24T16:57:09.678+0000) > > And I don't understand why people think it's in any way sportsmanlike or friendly to take an inherently frustrating loss and be jerks about it. It isn't sportsmanlike, it isn't friendly, and above all else, its 4 letters that mean absolutely nothing. Some internet kid beat you in a game, said gg ez and you act like he just justified the third reich, and then donned a full white robe and a pointy hat while slandering hatred across the globe. The internet has never been a really nice place, the fact that hate speech and intolerance are punished is fantastic. A little gg ez isn't going to hurt you from somebody you'll LITERALLY never interact with again.
: Unpopular Opinion: Saying GG EZ right before winning should result in an instant perma ban.
I never understood how people could be so thin skinned that 4 letters would upset them enough to literally post on the internet about it. Here we are.
: Is no one else slightly uneasy at what that statement actually says though? Effectively, if you end up in a game with another person that is streaming (whether or not you know them is irrelevant) then you should be forced to play the game a particular way because of that? I mean, if someone wishes to stream the game then all power to them - that's their prerogative and they can do what they like; but since when did Players 1, 2, 3 and 4 have to accommodate the wider audience of Player 5 when they didn't even ask for it? It makes absolutely no sense, so the original statement just tells me that it was thrown together while clutching on straws to diffuse a situation of which has a very, very easy fix. That fix being punish all of those who broke rules - regardless of excuses - and do not punish those that did not. It's as clear as black and white.
the statement doesn't say that he had to play meta because he was in a lobby with NB3. He built a pattern of "I'm gonna play off meta teemo mid when I AM in a lobby with a big streamer." That is what this comment says. If he had been consistently playing off meta when he wasn't on a big guys stream then it wouldn't have mattered. From the screen caps I've seen he seems to play leona in a standard meta way as well. The teemo thing may have been something he was trying but Riot from that comment believes it was a play on big time streamers.
: Update On Nubrac's Ban
so running a support in a non conventional lane is bannable is what this says. It isn't really about CS it IS about leaving the adc to fend for themselves (which the sivir in that game easily could do) and supporting a non conventional lane. OH wait and its also about ND3 sending emails and leveraging his influence with the company over others he plays with instead of respecting an already in place system that is built to handle matters such as this. Because him and every other streamer that is endorsed by riot are above the rules.
: lmao riot don't care
> [{quoted}](name=O for Orianna,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PQXy7f7m,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-06-14T19:02:39.663+0000) > > lmao riot don't care I hate you got downvoted because its true literally true.
: This Data Will Shock You!
most people I see posting on the boards are on posting only accounts to make this data literally impossible to interpret
: > [{quoted}](name=Très Pauvre,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n5AJcz7c,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-31T04:15:26.727+0000) > > congrats!!!! Thank you! I'm going to enjoy saying to myself "only play to avoid decay" and still end up suffering while I attempt to climb further.
> [{quoted}](name=How Do You Meta,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n5AJcz7c,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-31T04:18:27.959+0000) > > Thank you! I'm going to enjoy saying to myself "only play to avoid decay" and still end up suffering while I attempt to climb further. I'm just a gold 1 shitter but its nice seeing the climb result in something for someone. Keeping the hope alive
: Welcome to the end of your ranked climb
: Yasuo getting placed out of turret range is a gameplay inconsistency.
the issue is his ult normally places him behind his opponent and also locks him in position for its entire duration. Therefore if his opponent is right on the line of turret range he's unable to use his ultimate which is not a handicap for just about every other champion in the entire roster. The coding places him just outside of turret range so he can use it on the edge, HOWEVER, I think its a little too forgiving but to fix it to specific interactions at specific areas underneath a turret based on opponents position and turret ranges would be........ a lot. Basically its so that a player cannot just hide at the edge of their turret range to avoid being killed by yasuo even if they suck and get hit by everything every time. But what it really does, is make yasuo super safe diving an enemy no matter their position which I don't think is necessarily fair.
Veraska (NA)
: {{champion:90}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:115}} have safe ranged wave clear {{champion:74}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:27}} can shove really hard as well
> [{quoted}](name=Veraska,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=I5UsU6xr,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-26T18:51:07.186+0000) > > {{champion:90}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:115}} have safe ranged wave clear > > {{champion:74}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:27}} can shove really hard as well ziggs is great but to shove hard early basically requires teleport and an early back because his mana costs are high early. if you take an early back for say an extra dorans though he can keep up some very hard lane pressure played right.
: Why does Yasuo even need a babysitting "placed outside turret range" ult for?
the issue is his ult normally places him behind his opponent and also locks him in position for its entire duration. Therefore if his opponent is right on the line of turret range he's unable to use his ultimate which is not a handicap for just about every other champion in the entire roster. The coding places him just outside of turret range so he can use it on the edge, HOWEVER, I think its a little too forgiving but to fix it to specific interactions at specific areas underneath a turret based on opponents position and turret ranges would be........ a lot. Basically its so that a player cannot just hide at the edge of their turret range to avoid being killed by yasuo even if they suck and get hit by everything every time. But what it really does, is make yasuo super safe diving an enemy no matter their position which I don't think is necessarily fair.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GreenTeaAndPoro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kp1FytKV,comment-id=000100000000000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-25T18:44:19.755+0000) > > But thats what I like playing. How is that my fault that the meta doesn't support my champions? Because league is not a game of constants it is ever changing variables. Next patch those champions could become busted but So in order to be successful at league you need to be flexible or play champions that can compliment any team roster.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kp1FytKV,comment-id=0001000000000001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-25T18:50:49.170+0000) > > Because league is not a game of constants it is ever changing variables. > > Next patch those champions could become busted but So in order to be successful at league you need to be flexible or play champions that can compliment any team roster. one tricks always climb faster until you hit like pro level of play
Leonerdo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Très Pauvre,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kp1FytKV,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2019-05-25T19:16:16.701+0000) > Everybody keeps asking for a pure ELO system when the one we currently have is actually more forgiving. Nobody remembers what it was actually like and how this is actually an improvement for the vast majority of the player base. This is true. But I gotta throw out the "why not both?" I think a lot of confusion and frustration would be avoided in the current system if people could _optionally_ look at their real MMR. I also agree that it's very helpful to have demotion protection (balanced out by promos), but I don't think it matters enough for intra-tier divisions. It's a subjective opinion, but I don't think the pain of getting stuck on promos is worth the occasional demotion protection you get after promoting. So I'd rather get rid of the smaller promos and demotion protection, and only have them for the big milestones, the tiers. Also, I just think the combination of seasonal resets and promos make the system too grindy overall, but that's really a minor point, which can be solved in many ways.
> [{quoted}](name=Leonerdo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kp1FytKV,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2019-05-25T19:38:01.579+0000) > > This is true. But I gotta throw out the "why not both?" I think a lot of confusion and frustration would be avoided in the current system if people could _optionally_ look at their real MMR. > > I also agree that it's very helpful to have demotion protection (balanced out by promos), but I don't think it matters enough for intra-tier divisions. It's a subjective opinion, but I don't think the pain of getting stuck on promos is worth the occasional demotion protection you get after promoting. So I'd rather get rid of the smaller promos and demotion protection, and only have them for the big milestones, the tiers. > > Also, I just think the combination of seasonal resets and promos make the system too grindy overall, but that's really a minor point, which can be solved in many ways. I agree there could be some cleaning up for sure honestly I'd prefer more "leagues" with 3 "divisions" and you only promo'd to get to the next "league" with like a best of 7 and there be no extra forgiven win mechanic. Each league would promote just like the system is currently, resetting to 0 LP at the next league, but you would just auto promote upon hitting 100 lp. This in my opinion would prevent a lot of that promo series frustration because right now going through 3 BO3 promo series and then a BO5 is annoying and provides a lot of "elo hell hardstuck" feelings. Losing that promotion series 5 times in a row because of some bad luck like AFK's makes it really difficult to keep a positive mental when climbing the ladder. BO3's also have a high penalty for games that were out of your control such as disconnects, AFK's and trolls, I think putting more significance on one series per division and making it longer, so each individual game matters less, would help alleviate feelings of frustration with the ladder overall. Also it could potentially make things feel a little less grind heavy. Balance it all out with a less lenient demotion system between divisions within "leagues" and that would be something I personally would find a little more palatable than the current ladder. Current ladder is still better than pure ELO system and showing MMR's is irrelevant in my opinion as you can accurately enough guess based upon LP gain/loss. Peoples issue with mmr is ignorance of how the system works.
: The resentment and anger towards matchmaking, in my opinion, comes from the how silly it is to have two different "ranks". Your MMR and your rank. It feels really bad to be in bronze 2 and have to play against gold 4 to get into bronze 1. It also comes from the team based meta where the weakest link often "breaks the chain" you have to be SIGNIFICANTLY better to consistently climb
> [{quoted}](name=Horse Grenades ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kp1FytKV,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-25T16:54:21.134+0000) > > The resentment and anger towards matchmaking, in my opinion, comes from the how silly it is to have two different "ranks". Your MMR and your rank. It feels really bad to be in bronze 2 and have to play against gold 4 to get into bronze 1. It also comes from the team based meta where the weakest link often "breaks the chain" you have to be SIGNIFICANTLY better to consistently climb you'll also rise at a far faster rate playing in those higher matches if you're B2 in gold4 mmr you actually won't promote to B1 you'll promote to silver 4 and if you're mmr continues to climb your rank will continue to skip steps until it catches up. Also losses will count as almost nothing against you. It's built that way. League originally used a pure ELO system where your mmr was the same as your shown rank. This system punished people heavily at the top of the ladder for playing games and so people would basically stop playing upon reaching a certain rank. Purely queuing up once a month to avoid decay. The division system is actually there as a fail safe against a string of tilting hard losses. You don't demote immediately and it ACTUALLY GIVES YOU A SECOND CHANCE TO SAVE YOUR RANK if you go on a loss streak before it hard drops you. Everybody keeps asking for a pure ELO system when the one we currently have is actually more forgiving. Nobody remembers what it was actually like and how this is actually an improvement for the vast majority of the player base.
5050BS (NA)
: Its because there are soo many smurfs in Silver the Match making cant make heads nor tails of a game. When you will have a B1 Smurf, S2 normal, S4 Normal, S3 smurf duo with B1 vs a bunch of S1-3 normals that system trys to figure out what happened. Next game is mostly S1-3 on both sides but both sides have Smurfs the game thinks this is a normal site up so the next game those smurfs are in the system thinks they are normal players but then you get the first scenario again. Silver is I would say 30-40% smurfs right now. It totally screws anyone who is REALLY silver or even Gold trying to get out of silver. Then you have the smurfs that Duo with Iron trash and they get boosted because the smurf is gaming the system. So now we have Silver 4-3 players SoloQing that are really Iron trash and the system thinks they were winning so they must be Silver. What Riot REALLY needs to do is build a Rank system with a Neural Network and have it figure out what are the best stats to track for Rank. Not just wins/Losses shit.
saying 30-40% of silvers are smurfs when silver makes up like what 40% of the entire league population? you're saying that roughly like 14% of the entirety of league of legends are smurfs......
: Riven
for real though before she was indirectly buffed she as one of the most rewarding champs to play where your progression was actually marked by your winrate. She's still strong and much more forgiving than the past but her best aspect is mechanical growth. You play meaningful games about improvement and it pays off. other than that, Azir, katarina, lee sin and other high mechanical champs at this point play something where there is something to learn and improve. There are many aspects of this game to learn about and if you're like the rest of us you'll never learn it all. Play something simple if you want to focus on learning the macro game, or focus on mechanically demanding champions and learn them that way. That's what makes me keep playing.
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oHRE3rEH,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-04-27T18:21:50.295+0000) > > kaisa is picked banned and winning more in high elo and competitive play. She is definitively stronger than vayne I'm talking about this is all elo. Kai'sa is pick and ban high elo cause of her overstat shield and strong laning phase that she shouldn't have. Vayne is good all elo cause everyone knows how to spam an ability. Anyone with minor mechanical skill can pick her up and get used to her q. Their really about equal if you actually look at it. Kai'sa is just mechanically easier.
the only reason kai'sa is just good high elo is because lower elo players fuck up her build every single time. Her build paths are so important to her success because of her upgraded ability stat checkpoints that you can throw a game purely because you don't know what to buy in what order.
: To all the people saying yuumi is uninspired what did you expect?
Her abilities may not be extremely unique but her interactions seem to be. The way she attaches and moves between allied champions and can do so with basically no CD can provide really unique interactions and what i would imagine to be fun anticipatory and reactionary gameplay.
BigFBear (EUW)
: Yeah... maybe its true. Like someone said above: smurfingn is a "skill" you have to learn. Its the first time i smurf and maybe i have to change my playstyle and mindset. I often rely on my teammates and expect them to do certain things because it's obvious from my point of view but then they dont react and i die. For example: I see enemy jungler doing top Scuttle. My mid and my toplane pushed the enemy under their tower and have no farm. In Dia they would immediately collaps on the enemy jungler in the river together with me. In Gold they dont even come when i ping them 3 times. Maybe i have to play like i am completeley alone. But another thing thats true is that matches in lower elos may be even in AVERAGE but the gap between the players is too high. Often i play with Silvers/Golds/Platins/Unrankeds/Smurfs (with winrates between 30% and 90%) in one game. While in Dia its more like 5 Dia3 vs 5 Dia 3 (all 50% - 55% winrate).
As someone currently trying to escape gold.... You have to play like you're completely alone and attempt to hard carry because very rarely will you successfully herd all 4 sheep toward the correct goal. Second point and more to my personal skill level, when you know you're not playing well enough to be THE carry recognize who is and support the living fuck out of them. Also I guarantee the high gold low plat meta game and game tempo are vastly different from diamond. I've noticed just from watching certain videos or streams the timers they are checking. If i check camps/objectives at those early game marks its a coin flip on whether or not those criteria are met because people don't play the game as cleanly which makes predictions impossible.
Zethro (NA)
: New gamemode idea: Laning Phase
I feel like it would be a decent idea to have a 1v1 game mode that ends at the first sign of "laning phase" or at least the actual lane being "over". The criteria for this "ending" could be a growing gold advantage. The significance of gold over time goes down so the needed advantage to end the game would grow with the game clock but it would be a pretty significant advantage, one where you wouldn't expect to with a fight with the opponent and in a true game you'd just be farming under turret or completely conceding it. Or, alternatively the turret actually falls and ends the "laning phase" of that game and the winner is decided. It would be cool to have basically a 1v1 queue to purely practice laning mechanics with random people as opposed to having to post on forums or what not to potentially find a partner. The lack of other influencing factors to the lane would make a great space to purely practice champion matchups and mechanics.
: Who to One trick
Riven is a good pick up especially if looking for a high skill ceiling. Lots of combo's to learn and the way her skills chain together is entirely situational, matchup dependent, and incredibly rewarding when played correctly but it takes a ton of practice to do it perfectly. She's also pretty strong right now so instead of losing 90% of your games learning her like you would have its far more forgiving and likely won't stay that way for long so give it a go before she's made back into a pure main only champ
: The game is unplayable. Champion balance is so bad.
You dropped a bunch of champs slated for or just received nerfs but didn't throw down yorick?
Herlgar (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Fasmodey,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=6Vd9q0tf,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-04T21:29:17.665+0000) > > We don't know what happened between Xerath and Taliyah It's obvious Rock types are strong against electric types
: @Riot August: Response to Morgana Gameplay Update Request Tweet
How would y'all feel about changing her q to have a far lower root CD if the enemy has not been damaged by morgana. This creates a pretty stable play pattern around black shield and w allowing her to either shield herself drop w and play aggressive for the catch or play more of an enchanter role and burn shield on an ally making her catch potential lower and riskier. Move her current ult play pattern, which would make her not zhonya's reliant because of the range and the lower cd's, to the q and rework the ult to not be zhonya/black shield reliant.
: Can "new" players reach high elo?
I would say plat is absolutely for sure obtainable but it is all going to depend on two things: How well you retain information and learn from your mistakes. Lots of people play a fuckton of games but they are essentially repeatedly throwing their faces against a wall and saying "Why am I still losing when I'm doing the same things I've done the last 500 games" if you don't learn from your mistakes you won't climb. Secondly the more "meaningful" games you play the faster you'll climb. This means you analyze and internalize what decisions you made that could have been done better. Were your mechanics just off in that last duel so you lost it but if you'd played it correctly you would have won? Would you have lost anyway and it was a mistake to take the fight? Bad positioning? Bad jungle tracking? If you play a large number of games and internalize your mistakes you'll easily climb but that not only is not an intuitive process it is very difficult to do. Which is why most people never leave silver. But seriously playing a metric shitton of games is very important to moving up the ladder. Good luck on the climb!
: Turret Range Difference
Doesn't this have to do with the isometric camera and the map not being able to be a perfect mirror? I'm fairly sure there are a couple other minor differences around the map but I just completely blanked on every single one of them.
Sukishoo (NA)
: They should though be a little more lenient with their decisions imo though. Like when I logged into my Blizzard Battle net account a year or so ago I saw it telling me that I was banned from World of Warcraft, which honestly is no problem for me as I've never once played it. Then you have to stop and think about that, cause if I never played it, how the hell was I banned? I got in contact with Blizzard and told them this, they had no issue unbanning it and I updated my account security so it would be less likely hacked again. And so I got the key to that game free because I wasn't the one that unlocked it, but because of that its on my account now (and have still not played it, but it is there). So why does Riot, a much smaller company have to be so held on their decisions?
I have to say I've had extremely positive experiences with blizzards anti theft team. I used to be a hardcore WOW player and they had my account refreshed and reinstated before I even read the email they sent saying my account was compromised. Not that Riot is bad but blizzard to me is the gold standard on hacked accounts due to the longevity of their games and the real money value people place on the in game goods. So totally agree here, I think Riot should step it up but its hard to put them against Blizzard who have invested a lot in anti theft.
C0l0urless (EUNE)
: Most ADCs cannot protect themselves, especially in the early game, so even getting them through the laning phase might be hard while you have no utility.
at this point almost every adc has some kind of self peel/CC or mobility and if not they can spec into it sustain which most of them do anyway. Ezreals form of protection is pressure by constantly throwing skill shots. You hit great, but with the mobility on his e he can exert pressure higher up the lane allowing his adc to position safely. The pressure he provides in lane is what keeps the adc safe. Move to midgame he can then pick up side waves and now you've got 2 carries coming out of the bot lane as opposed to 1. This is also all keeping in mind ez is warding and sweeping because within this role he still has primary responsibility over vision. Not that everyone else should be ignoring it either. I want to also make clear that, in my opinion, ezreal support is not a pick that can be played with/into any comp. Its niche and pocket pick at best.
: Why as a Bronze 4 player am i being constantly placed against Silver 5 and 4 players
Well the silver 5's could be on their way to a demotion to bronze. They have to drop an entire league of MMR to drop from S5 to B1 so those might be accurate matches. I didn't go through the entire match history but I did click several games, I only saw one silver 4 match and that could be due to a duo queue. And on second look you are a new account. You get placed lower than your mmr to start the climb (same as how P1 is the highest you can place at the beginning of the season). You probably started off earning 23-30 LP per win. The starting mmr is around S5 I believe which sucks but if you start it at B5 there would be no competitive games there because new accounts would constantly roll through and smash everything literally all of the time. So basically your mmr is roughly B1 but your account was placed B4 because its fresh out of placements. If you win right now you'll climb quickly but you appear to be at the end of normalizing your mmr/rank. You may have gotten a bit lucky in some placements. With only 23 games the system is still trying to figure you out that is an extremely low sample size. You were started at S5 mmr because that is the default starting point. From there the system is trying to figure you out based upon win/loss record and it needs more games to figure that out. If you really are B4 you'll probably have some tough games ahead as your mmr has to catch up too your placing because you were started out higher than your skill level.
C0l0urless (EUNE)
: It still leaves the problem you can't actually support until you buy iceborn.
Played into a melee support with proper positioning you could apply enough pressure to get your adc through the laning phase and later gear up to be another carry later in the game. As long as he's getting the adc through the lane phase he's "actually supporting" CC and peel don't necessarily have to come from the support role.
C0l0urless (EUNE)
: Ezreal is quite gold reliant and has 0 utility, I'd say he is an awful example for an off-meta support.
i'd say with new klepto that gold farming with ez against a melee support would be totally viable
: > [{quoted}](name=Très Pauvre,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ExEktt67,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-07T04:30:15.307+0000) > > Purely to play devils advocate here because I totally agree with what you're saying and think there should be some form of change: > > Punishments being more severe toward the end of the season seem more appropriate because the stakes of the games are higher and player tensions are higher. If slaps on the wrist were all that was enforced toxicity would go through the roof. People are trying to grind out their desired rank more and more aggressively and as time winds down each game counts for more and more because the finite number of them left is felt much more to the player. Therefore a higher level of punishment toward the end of season to curb abuse is justified. > > I think the answer lies somewhere in between but currently I believe the punishment is too harsh in the majority of cases. Obviously some people pop off so hard they deserve the full loss but most don't and should be given some kind of chance. You generalize punishments as 1 thing, but riot has stated, to me at least, that chat restrictions are used as warnings. If that truly is the intention, then the honor level decreasing should really not be attached and the 10 game chat restriction should be the only thing you need to go through.
> [{quoted}](name=0DESTROYERZ0,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ExEktt67,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-11-07T13:11:17.965+0000) > > You generalize punishments as 1 thing, but riot has stated, to me at least, that chat restrictions are used as warnings. If that truly is the intention, then the honor level decreasing should really not be attached and the 10 game chat restriction should be the only thing you need to go through. I was unaware of this distinction on their side and I totally agree with what you're saying here. If a chat restriction is a form of warning then a full honor reset is unwarranted.
: they are also fun when your victory doesn't depend on 4 other backpacks
> [{quoted}](name=Worst Brad Japan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=68jOORLL,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-11-06T05:26:52.547+0000) > > they are also fun when your victory doesn't depend on 4 other backpacks false. End stars are given based upon your performance in sub categories throughout the entire game. Minigame star being the biggest one and planning on the most coins star etc. are viable strategies. Any real mario party player player knows that the landing space stars should be disabled at start because they remove the integrity of the competitive environment that is mario party.
: As A Kled Main Riven Yas or Corki
Riven is so much fun and I've been maining her since the beginning of the season. That being said I've accrued almost 500k mastery and her mechanics are some of the most difficult in the game it truly is a waste if you're not going to play her 95%+ of your games. With all of that time spent I'm still at best mediocre with her. The reward is amazing but the work to get there is immense and expect to take some heavy losses in rank. I peaked at plat 5 before I started maining her and over the course of an entire season have gotten back to gold 3, peaking at gold 2 promo's, playing almost nothing but her. TL;DR If you're looking to become a one trick, Riven and welcome to the fam. If not whatever else you find fun would be a better use of your league time.
: Page 7, bullet point P. This is major.
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7LRngmEt,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-07T05:00:31.934+0000) > > Page 7, bullet point P. > > This is major. HOLY SHIT
Booya711 (NA)
: Honor and Punishments
Purely to play devils advocate here because I totally agree with what you're saying and think there should be some form of change: Punishments being more severe toward the end of the season seem more appropriate because the stakes of the games are higher and player tensions are higher. If slaps on the wrist were all that was enforced toxicity would go through the roof. People are trying to grind out their desired rank more and more aggressively and as time winds down each game counts for more and more because the finite number of them left is felt much more to the player. Therefore a higher level of punishment toward the end of season to curb abuse is justified. I think the answer lies somewhere in between but currently I believe the punishment is too harsh in the majority of cases. Obviously some people pop off so hard they deserve the full loss but most don't and should be given some kind of chance.
: LF people to play some 3v3 for that sweet sweet chroma
Comentários de Rioters
Exibir mais

Très Pauvre

Nível 138 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão