SCP 106 (NA)
: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/vK9EyNt7-yasuo-mains-are-disgusting https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/LwrAqwaf-im-sorry-but-i-can-never-give-credit-to-yasuo-mains https://imgur.com/a/edX84Sg https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/6GMz7h0i-yasuo-mains-why-the-fuck-are-you-like-this some are years ago, but I remember them, and my posts that were similar about a differint champion still got taken down, they've been taken down for 4 years, but yasuo main ones, "those are always fine"
> [{quoted}](name=SCP 106,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=s3YBUjkq,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-10T01:23:50.153+0000) > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/vK9EyNt7-yasuo-mains-are-disgusting > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/LwrAqwaf-im-sorry-but-i-can-never-give-credit-to-yasuo-mains > https://imgur.com/a/edX84Sg > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/6GMz7h0i-yasuo-mains-why-the-fuck-are-you-like-this > some are years ago, but I remember them, and my posts that were similar about a differint champion still got taken down, they've been taken down for 4 years, but yasuo main ones, "those are always fine" Most of those are in other regions, the others are old.
SCP 106 (NA)
: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/off-topic-en/FxgNQe9P-last-time-im-letting-someone-play-yasuo-in-my-games oh and what do you know, it's still up
> [{quoted}](name=SCP 106,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=s3YBUjkq,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-10T01:24:51.769+0000) > > https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/off-topic-en/FxgNQe9P-last-time-im-letting-someone-play-yasuo-in-my-games > oh and what do you know, it's still up There's a couple of problems with that: * It's on the EUW boards. You're complaining to the NA moderators about something we have no control over. * It's 8 months old.
: Behavior Factions
* I don't understand why I can't be the worst version of myself. * I'm going to [sea lion](https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/873/260/a5b.png) my way through life. * It doesn't affect me, so I don't think it's a problem. * I'm an edgelord. No, really. * The Boards are supposed to be my own private clubhouse. * I don't understand Freedom of Speech or the First Amendment, but I'm still going to talk about them. * I just want to play the fucking game. What is wrong with you people? * I think poor play should be considered feeding. * [FILL IN THE BLANK] is broken/OP!!!!!!!1111oneoneone * I want to be able to call people stupid. That's my thing. * I said really offensive things. Why is Rito mad? I could go on...
Rewt (NA)
: we should be able to see who is queued together and report entire stacks
I have a friend who was pretty toxic back in the days of infinite chat restrictions. I played with him many times, trying my best to be a good role model. Ultimately, he quit League, which was probably for the best. Under your idea, I would be punished for that and so I cannot agree.
Nea104 (EUW)
: First of all, thank you for your answer and your time. > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=V2qwiV2V,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-08T20:38:12.098+0000) > > You know, it's always a treat to read these threads because they come across as so earnest when they're really just willfully misguided. Let's start from the top: > > There wasn't anything suspicious about those removals. You might think the 413th complaint thread about how _"Champion X is OP because reasons"_ has value, but that's not the feedback we receive about Gameplay. That sort of thing belongs in either GD or RANT. We even have a whole new set of [guidelines for Gameplay](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WdRhMwN5Rm-4xpyArJJ6jIXkaKTh3Onr7opQUH02_2Q/edit?usp=sharing) that are only waiting on a technical workaround to a boards issue before we publish. I see. As I said, the topic I remember was showing actual stats, (simple) analysis, considerations about the case and so on. I guess it has been just an occasional mistake, about a very delicate (at the time) issue never addressed nor explained by this company. > Then there's the issue of your removal. Here's what you posted: > > I don't know about where you come from, but around here, we clearly recognize that as an insult. Looked at through the lens of the Three Gates of Speech, it can only pass through the first gate and only then by adopting the position that you more clearly understand the purpose and working of Boards moderation better than the moderators themselves. > > https://i.imgur.com/dOiP0nu.jpg[/img] I've quoted that word's definition, and it happens that it is exactly the same word in my language. So, I know perfectly what it means and how it sounds. It means a clear and accurate judgement about someone's professional results. And it sounds unpleasant, of course. Was it a compliment? Of course not. Still, it's **not** an insult whatoever, especially since it comes from a **customer**, more than from a user. If you have never written a complain to your electric company for a constant malfunction, or to your ISP, and so on, I get how you don't know it. When it'll come the time for you to do that, you'll see that "incompetence" is a legit, legally admitted and even a rightful reason to rescind your contract, for example. Finally, _"the definition of incompetence"_ is a very diluted and soft expression. Very indirect too. That is, your mod totally failed, maybe for some kind of biased behaviour, maybe just for being... hasty? is this an insult? You should be **alarmed** by that, not annoyed. > So, yeah, the first removal was not a mistake. Moreover, you didn't even get a warning. Instead, you were told in the gentlest way possible that what you posted is not consistent with the guidelines. What was your response? It certainly wasn't to step back and consider what you had been told. Instead, you doubled down and defiantly made it clear you intended to continue doing whatever you felt like. Not "whatever I felt like". I stated my opinion, using the word "incompetence" in a precise way, relating it to the topic, without referring it to anyone specific. If you keep calling it _"insulting and harassing"_, you are just **censoring** any dissent and disagreement, trying to bring it at the same level of actual insults like "id-ts", "a-les", and the like. > I'm genuinely curious what you expected from that behavior. Did you expect us to say "Oh, that Nea104, they sure showed us. We better not mess with them"? I'm going to have to disabuse you of the notion that we're ever going to roll over like that for you - or anyone else. I was expecting that whoever was responsible for that, and his supervisors as well, would have reconsidered such a detrimental behaviour. I was wrong. > If you can't post within the guidelines, you are more than welcome to find a community more suited to your tastes. That's fair. But, first, I'll try to find out if the guidelines here are (and have been) applied correctly. I used to moderate boards, newsletters and stuff a LONG time ago (56k anyone?), so if I'll be proven wrong I'll take my precautions not to get involved again in stuff like this. But it would be so sad to know that one of the biggest game's Boards adopted guidelines not suited for the Western world.
> [{quoted}](name=Nea104,realm=EUW,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=V2qwiV2V,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-08T21:15:58.309+0000) > > Finally, _"the definition of incompetence"_ is a very diluted and soft expression. Very indirect too. Let's talk about incompetence, then. Beyond the tepid repetition of the dictionary definition, we should understand what "incompetent" means in a social context. As I would explain it, there are three aspects to consider: 1. Lacking a quality or characteristic that 2. prevents the completion of a task or activity 3. in an accurate, complete and/or timely manner. I have issues with your use of the term in all three aspects, but it's the third that's the most problematic. Your complaint about the ISP, above, is based on objective, mutually agreeable metrics - bandwidth, service outages, etc. The same can't be said about moderation, so when you call us all incompetent, you're basing that entirely on your personal understanding of how moderating the League Boards works and _is intended to work._ We've noticed two primary responses to this disconnect. Most people respond with some variation of, "Oh, there must have been a misunderstanding. Can you please clarify?" Were you one of those people, we could have explained in more detail how personal attacks are corrosive to the community because they lend credence to the idea that personal attacks are okay, one of the few examples of a slippery slope. "Incompetent" carries a social meaning that is anything but positive. The other response is, of course, "You did it wrong", which makes it much more difficult to have a productive conversation.
Nea104 (EUW)
: Mods are not just "failing". It seems they are intentionally censoring undesired messages and users.
You know, it's always a treat to read these threads because they come across as so earnest when they're really just willfully misguided. Let's start from the top: >Several threads had been deleted for suspicious reasons, even when they were showing stats, in-depth thoughts and so on. Eg., about Pyke being out of control and reaching 60% ban rate (end of S9). There wasn't anything suspicious about those removals. You might think the 413th complaint thread about how _"Champion X is OP because reasons"_ has value, but that's not the feedback we receive about Gameplay. That sort of thing belongs in either GD or RANT. We even have a whole new set of [guidelines for Gameplay](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WdRhMwN5Rm-4xpyArJJ6jIXkaKTh3Onr7opQUH02_2Q/edit?usp=sharing) that are only waiting on a technical workaround to a boards issue before we publish. Then there's the issue of your removal. Here's what you posted: >Indeed. That's basically the definition of incompetence. They don't even know what they're doing. >Or, maybe, they know, and just try to "sugarcoat" their terrible philosophy about what's left of this game. I don't know about where you come from, but around here, we clearly recognize that as an insult. Looked at through the lens of the Three Gates of Speech, it can only pass through the first gate and only then by adopting the position that you more clearly understand the purpose and working of Boards moderation better than the moderators themselves. https://i.imgur.com/dOiP0nu.jpg[/img] So, yeah, the first removal was not a mistake. Moreover, you didn't even get a warning. Instead, you were told in the gentlest way possible that what you posted is not consistent with the guidelines. What was your response? It certainly wasn't to step back and consider what you had been told. Instead, you doubled down and defiantly made it clear you intended to continue doing whatever you felt like. I'm genuinely curious what you expected from that behavior. Did you expect us to say "Oh, that Nea104, they sure showed us. We better not mess with them"? I'm going to have to disabuse you of the notion that we're ever going to roll over like that for you - or anyone else. If you can't post within the guidelines, you are more than welcome to find a community more suited to your tastes.
: "Your Content Has Been Removed" = You posted something worth reading
>"Your Content Has Been Removed" = You posted something worth reading I think this is not a great argument. There are lots of reasons we remove content, none of which are because the post presents an "awkward truth." >If the threads aren't directly insulting people STOP CENSORING PEOPLE. If that's what you're looking for in an internet community, you would probably have much better luck elsewhere.
: Where do we line - a sincere discussion
>The explanation is simple. We have marched in the era of PC culture where everything you say need to have a disclaimer. I disagree with this as a premise. I think we're in an era where people use the license of internet anonymity to treat people in a way they never would in person. They forget there's an actual human being behind the other screen and do away with basic respect. Here's the thing, cultures and communities work because the participants decide on a set of mutually agreeable rules. Too strict and the group slides towards authoritarianism. Too loose and you end up with anarchy. When we moderate, we do so with the belief the boards can - and should - be better than Facebook or YouTube comment sections, much less places like 4chan. If that's the sort of community that appeals to you, perhaps you should consider frequenting them more often. >When is my post considered disrespectful ? How far can I go? Is calling someones opinion wrong disrespectful ? Very vague rule. Based on this anything can be deemed disrespectful and deleted. It isn't possible to give precise rules for this, but a great starting point is to imagine you're speaking to someone you respect and whose opinion you value. If you're posting in way that isn't consistent with that, you should be asking yourself why. I say this because I see a lot of people posting without starting from that baseline respect. When I get tart with someone, not only do I almost always regret it afterwards, but I try to reflect on how I came to the emotional state that led to the behavior. Being rude, condescending or dismissive is like a sugar high - it feels good at first, but there's a crash after. >I believe PC culture though takes everything to be "offensive" and I believe this is ruining the opportunity to have intense but healthy discussions. I believe you can't have a healthy discussion where people are not debating with integrity, which includes treating them with respect.
: What the hell is this?
As this thread has devolved into discussions of politics unrelated to the OP, it has been locked. If you have any questions about this moderation action, don't hesitate to reach out to the Boards Moderation Team via: * The [**NA Boards Discord**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) * The [**Discuss the Boards**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board ~ Ulanopo
: Yes, and the above fails to meet these criteria and thus didn't break any rules or laws. Let's move on.
> [{quoted}](name=Omg why Teemo,realm=EUW,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=1Qq7fEYo,comment-id=0000000100010001,timestamp=2019-12-05T03:16:24.445+0000) > > Yes, and the above fails to meet these criteria and thus didn't break any rules or laws. Let's move on. Revives a month-dead thread to tell people to "move on".
Zullar (NA)
: But if we don't enjoy the game as much as we used to due to recent changes (specifically the excessive burst & mobility for me) how are we supposed to give feedback? -The boards -Surveys -By behavior (as you and the moderator suggest). What does this mean? How do they measure our behavior to determine if we like the burst & mobility increase? By measuring how much we play or how often we rage quit :P I'm joking but asking seriously...
> [{quoted}](name=Zullar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=a8FxBXoN,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-12-03T21:15:59.275+0000) > > But if we don't enjoy the game as much as we used to due to recent changes (specifically the excessive burst & mobility for me) how are we supposed to give feedback? > -The boards > -Surveys > -By behavior (as you and the moderator suggest). What does this mean? How do they measure our behavior to determine if we like the burst & mobility increase? By measuring how much we play or how often we rage quit :P I'm joking but asking seriously... You give feedback by creating a well thought out post that discusses those things, being as specific as possible. In this particular instance, the suggestion is in no way helpful, _as Riot already does surveys_. I've filled out a number of them after a match.
Zullar (NA)
: Apparently Discussing Burst and Mobility Isn't "Gameplay"
> [{quoted}](name=Zullar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=a8FxBXoN,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-01T20:54:09.899+0000) > > Locked > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/Gm44Q0F9-riot-send-surveys You didn't discuss anything. You just said, "Riot, I think the community disagrees with you and I want surveys to prove me right."
: I like how the moderator says that this isn't about gameplay but proceeds to talk about rito's statistics for surveys about GAMEPLAY
> [{quoted}](name=TheFailingMonkey,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=a8FxBXoN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-02T00:04:27.648+0000) > > I like how the moderator says that this isn't about gameplay but proceeds to talk about rito's statistics for surveys about GAMEPLAY Did you actually watch the video? I ask because Gladwell talks about how _asking people their opinion in a survey is actually one of the worst ways to gather data._ People tell you what they want with their behavior.
forist (NA)
: I think your line has sunk beyond the depths of reason. Here's some advice for you and the entire mod team: you should really get your shit together and recognize the difference between something that is inappropriate/offensive and something that is obvious hyperbole. (you can go ahead and remove this comment considering it was much more offensive than the one we are currently discussing)
> [{quoted}](name=forist,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=pAcEbERx,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T05:35:03.802+0000) > > you should really get your shit together and recognize the difference between something that is inappropriate/offensive and something that is obvious hyperbole. Not going to lie, until I looked up the action, I thought I was the one who removed that. As to your suggestion, I have to firmly disagree. I'm the person who wrote that rule. Those are my words and I very much believe in them. You probably don't know this, but long before there was even a volunteer program, I was [active in the TBI forum](http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4086541) on the platform that preceded the Boards. One of the things I learned from that experience is that there are people who are genuinely interested in helping - and those who are not. All the latter group does is get in the way. Yeah, what we do in PB is thankless and isn't effective all that often, but that isn't the point. We focus on the people we can help, few and far between as they may be. Anything that interferes with that purpose is to be avoided. So, yeah, you can call it "obvious hyperbole" all you want, but it was never meant to be helpful and that's what matters.
: > [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=1ppAFdtF,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-02T02:47:42.066+0000) > > Ulanopo wasn't online on Discord and tbh I've never seen that extra O. > > Your name...Idk man. I thought I only hit one "i". I guess I focused too much on not adding an H to it. I forgive you. <3
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=1ppAFdtF,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-02T02:48:15.198+0000) > > I forgive you. <3 I do not. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
: S V is a bot. So is Ulanopo, The Djinn, DuskDaUmbreon, and DawnTheAbsol. See? Baseless claims are possible. Even when accusing people of being a bot, you can still very well make a false claim. The fact that it looks like a bot is irrelevant. This is not the place to report players (Build a list and submit it in a support ticket every couple months if you really feel the urge to report them outside of the usual system), and it's *very* possible to start a witch hunt regardless of what you're saying they did. Your accusation that is it not a real player cannot be justified by the accusation itself. ######Note: I am not actually claiming anyone I listed is a bot. Two accounts are mine, two are people who are very clearly not bots since they're Heralds here, and one is OP. The names are picked solely so I had names that I were absolutely certain were not some random person's account, similar to the "555 number" practice in movies. Names were used solely for demonstrative purposes. EDIT: Typo'd and added a double i to Djinn and Ulanopo needs to change his name to Ulanpo. >w>
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=1ppAFdtF,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-02T02:32:40.079+0000) > > S V is a bot. So is Ulanpo, The Djiinn, DuskDaUmbreon, and DawnTheAbsol. U L A N **O** P O
notkai (NA)
: > That's language we're working to change. It's no longer being used in removal messages - or at least it shouldn't be. That's interesting to hear. I'm still seeing this rule being cited for various removals- the thread that actually got me thinking about this rule in the first place is [this one ](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/46ccsnn2-so-i-called-riot-discussion-board-mods-out-on-several-of-their-horrific-practices-and-you-know-what). OP had two posts removed for low effort content, and while I'm not taking a stance on whether or not those removals were justified, that's the most recent time I've seen it used. Granted, I don't know when OP actually got those removal messages, nor when Riot and co. decided to adjust this sort of language. I look forward to seeing the new guidelines. I genuinely hate seeing all the hatred aimed at mods, and all the passive-aggressive bullshit that happens in between. Hopefully clearer rules will fix some of that.
> [{quoted}](name=notkai,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=w2TdLt9M,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-12-01T19:24:44.999+0000) > > That's interesting to hear. I'm still seeing this rule being cited for various removals- the thread that actually got me thinking about this rule in the first place is [this one ](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/46ccsnn2-so-i-called-riot-discussion-board-mods-out-on-several-of-their-horrific-practices-and-you-know-what). New guidelines for moderation messages were sent out 11/29, partly in response to that thread. > I look forward to seeing the new guidelines. I genuinely hate seeing all the hatred aimed at mods, and all the passive-aggressive bullshit that happens in between. Hopefully clearer rules will fix some of that. [In-process copy](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WdRhMwN5Rm-4xpyArJJ6jIXkaKTh3Onr7opQUH02_2Q/edit?usp=sharing).
Zullar (NA)
: Riot: Send Surveys
This thread has been locked because it's not a Gameplay topic. You can always repost it in GD, if you like. Moreover, Riot already gathers a ton of data on what people prefer in the form of what they play and how much they play it. [Surveys are actually a crappy way of gauging what someone wants](https://www.ted.com/talks/malcolm_gladwell_choice_happiness_and_spaghetti_sauce). If you have any questions about this moderation action, don't hesitate to reach out to the Boards Moderation Team via: * The [**NA Boards Discord**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) * The [**Discuss the Boards**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board ~ Ulanopo
: Discussion is about conversation, got it.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=w2TdLt9M,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-01T04:55:55.065+0000) > > Discussion is about conversation, got it. I know the verbiage is a little cumbersome, but I didn't name the sub-Boards. If it helps you get past it, think of GD as where things are talked about _casually_, while Gameplay is where things are discussed _formally_.
notkai (NA)
: Opinion: "Low-effort" rule should be done away with
That's language we're working to change. It's no longer being used in removal messages - or at least it shouldn't be. >Personally, as I mentioned, I don't think there's such thing as a low-effort post. I disagree. The most obvious part of moderation is removing offensive or inappropriate material, but another part that often gets overlooked by the community is curation. Think of the Boards as a newspaper. People go to specific sections looking for specific things. The thing we hear most often about Gameplay is that people don't want to use it because it's riddled with complaints. It's good that you don't personally have a problem with Gameplay, but we don't feel it's in a good place right now. We know from our experience with G+ that people will post great content, but not if it gets drowned in a sea of "OMG Senna OP, RITO NERF NAO!!!". We're going to be posting the new Gameplay guidelines in the next couple days. With luck, that should provide some clarity. We also have some other plans, but as an all-volunteer group headed into the holiday season, these things take time. Ultimately, we want to change the culture so that Gameplay is about _discussion_ and GD is about _conversation_. Trust me, if we could move these threads, we would.
: Remember when i said Senna ADC should be nerfed because it will be broken despite what Riot says?
There's a problem with this argument. Well, there are several, but the main one is this (from u.gg): Mordekaiser is at 53.48% top Warwick is at 54.32% in the jungle Aurelion Sol is at 55.34% in mid (If you're going to make the 1-trick argument, Kassadin is at 53.32%) Janna is at 53.37% as support Just posting numbers without context doesn't tell us anything. Of course Senna is going to have a high pick/ban rate, she's a brand new champion and this is preseason.
SSALZ (NA)
: Wrong region
As the OP has their answer, this thread has been locked. If you have any questions about this moderation action, don't hesitate to reach out to the Boards Moderation Team via: * The [**NA Boards Discord**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) * The [**Discuss the Boards**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board ~ Ulanopo
nash55 (EUW)
: It doesn't feel like you get outplayed anymore, just out-champion-ed.
As this thread has degenerated into bickering, it has been locked. If you have any questions about this moderation action, don't hesitate to reach out to the Boards Moderation Team via: * The [**NA Boards Discord**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) * The [**Discuss the Boards**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board ~ Ulanopo
KaluKalu (EUNE)
: hi again dear Riot Games
Hey Kalukalu, The main reason your post was removed was the following: > WISH YOU ALL DIE IN HARDEST PAIN AND GO TO HELL AS YOU DESERVE IT While we understand your frustration, wishing harm and misfortune on others is never going to be something we allow on the Boards. This sort of thing either starts a fight or drives people away, neither of which is okay.
Cõmega (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EdEPmEmQ,comment-id=0002000100000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-11-30T01:32:18.328+0000) > > It would be better for you to take the time to provide focused, thoughtful advice, rather than flippant, unhelpful responses. How is my response unhelpful at all? Legit using your brain when you play is the easiest way to climb edit; If you need a better explanation of what i meant, why dont you just ask me instead of going around banning and removing posts? edit 2: This isn't a business settings or office meeting. I shouldn't be expected to write out a 2 page essay for something that can be expressed in a single sentence
> [{quoted}](name=Cõmega,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EdEPmEmQ,comment-id=00020001000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-11-30T01:34:01.960+0000) > > How is my response unhelpful at all? > > Legit using your brain when you play is the easiest way to climb It's unhelpful because they're clearly "using their brain" already. > edit; > If you need a better explanation of what i meant, why dont you just ask me instead of going around banning and removing posts? We don't moderate based on anything but the plain text reading of the post. If people - including mods - are not understanding your intent, it is your responsibility to improve your communication and prevent those misunderstandings. > edit 2: > > This isn't a business settings or office meeting. > I shouldn't be expected to write out a 2 page essay for something that can be expressed in a single sentence No, but no one is asking you to do anything but be respectful and put in more than a trivial amount of effort. There's plenty of middle ground in there for you to be helpful, if that's really what you want.
Cõmega (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EdEPmEmQ,comment-id=00020001000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-30T01:26:26.925+0000) > Not having the intent to insult does not mean what you said could not be perceived as insulting -- and clearly it was, otherwise it wouldn't have shown up in our queue as harassment. Like do you even read the rules of the board you moderate? I'm 100% sure the rules say something like > Do not post content intended to insult: Not > Do not post anything that could be perceived as a insult Like are you serious? Are mods gonna ban me because someone felt insulted when i accidentally misgendered them There was 0 intent to insult, i was just giving advice
> [{quoted}](name=Cõmega,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EdEPmEmQ,comment-id=000200010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-30T01:28:41.421+0000) > > There was 0 intent to insult, i was just giving advice It would be better for you to take the time to provide focused, thoughtful advice, rather than flippant, unhelpful responses.
: Apparently mods can't read /s on posts
You don't get to just slap /s on the end of something and expect that to excuse it no matter what. >Flaming and insults specifically targeting someone (even in jest) is still against the rules and will be deleted. You've been around GD long enough to be aware of the rules. With 55 removals on your account, you should feel lucky it was just a 7-day.
: Whats the allowed/non-moderated way to discuss matchmaking issues around here????
Here are the proposed guideline changes. They are currently under review, but I expect we'll be posting over the weekend. > SPECIAL RULES REGARDING MATCHMAKING THREADS > In general, threads about matchmaking are not suitable for Gameplay, as there is no discussion value. Players have zero agency over the system and Riot’s priorities with regard to normals matchmaking have been debated to death. > > That said, Player Support does sometimes tell people to share their matchmaking experiences on the Boards. While we work on other solutions, it will be permissible to post matchmaking _**experiences**_ on Gameplay. That means, “here is a specific thing that happened”, preferably with a screenshot. It does not mean random complaints about matchmaking will become permissible and we reserve the right to lock any thread that devolves into complaining.
: Why is this character so hard to like?
Honestly? Because not every piece of media has to be for everyone. I was sitting next to a group of young women for Avengers: Endgame and they screamed just as loud for the "Lady Avengers Assemble" scene as they did for Cap picking up Mjolnir. I thought the scene was a little awkward and forced, but I'm not the target audience and I was happy they got something they so clearly enjoyed. I feel like life would be simpler if more people looked at things that way. That said, this thread has turned from a conversation that can be allowed to bickering about topics we don't permit on the boards. I'm locking it as a result. If you have any questions about this moderation action, don't hesitate to reach out to the Boards Moderation Team via: * The [**NA Boards Discord**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) * The [**Discuss the Boards**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board ~ Ulanopo
: > [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nxsW40Vp,comment-id=00010001000200000004,timestamp=2019-11-26T22:43:59.179+0000) > > Captain Marvel is feminine and attractive so I don't really see what your point is. Are you just shaming Wonder Woman for the way she dresses? Cuz that's pretty rich. Nah, just calling everyone out for their internalized misogyny.
> [{quoted}](name=Vulvarine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nxsW40Vp,comment-id=000100010002000000040000,timestamp=2019-11-26T22:45:02.366+0000) > > Nah, just calling everyone out for their internalized misogyny. It isn't misogyny as much as it is subconscious sexism. You can have been trained by society as a male to have your expectations and preferences prepacked in media for you without experiencing any antagonism towards women or prejudice against them.
5050BS (NA)
: We still need more ways to knock Yuumi off her target
> [{quoted}](name=5050BS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XggwYbEk,comment-id=001c,timestamp=2019-11-27T00:50:53.349+0000) > > We still need more ways to knock Yuumi off her target https://blitz.gg/lol/champions/Yuumi
Akaash (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-11-24T23:45:42.877+0000) > > That's observation bias on your part. I don't generally handle GD. I'm much more likely to be found in PB or Gameplay. I also don't do the majority of the moderating. > > Funny story: I was bored a couple months ago and ran some stats. Want to know the mods most likely to suspend a poster? Evangele and Jikker. Both "GD natives" who are much more active on GD than I am. OK kid, let's get something straight. No one cares about how much a mod suspends other players, all we care about is the reasoning for the suspensions. If Eva and Jikker suspend more players and with better reasons than you do, it doesn't make them trigger happy. It makes them better mods than you are... And that's because they understand the atmosphere of GD. Also I'm going to post this right here. https://gyazo.com/40a2adebdeaccf8c39e170da5984537b.png You legit gave me a warning for telling someone to get good.
> [{quoted}](name=Akaash,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=0002000000010001,timestamp=2019-11-25T01:37:27.222+0000) > > You legit gave me a warning for telling someone to get good. I legit gave you a simple removal **without warning**. >OK kid, let's get something straight. I'm going to be honest, this is like some puffed-up dude at a bar going on about how "alpha" they are. Nobody who is actually tough, smart or confident has to tell you those things. Do you really think this sort of argument is going to affect how I moderate, because all I do is shake my head and laugh. >No one cares about how much a mod suspends other players, all we care about is the reasoning for the suspensions. I beg to differ. The person I was responding to - the OP - explicitly said I was moderating GD too often. >If Eva and Jikker suspend more players and with better reasons than you do, it doesn't make them trigger happy. It makes them better mods than you are... And that's because they understand the atmosphere of GD. Have you considered what having "GD culture" be defined by letting people be anonymously rude over the internet says about the people who use it? I mean, I have. I'm one of the people who fought tooth and nail for the expanded guidelines for GD. I'm one of the people who thinks that a slightly more relaxed space is a good thing, even if I don't use it. The catch there, of course, is "slightly." You don't see the back end and what people try to get away with. We have to maintain the standards we have or else the board will turn into something just as bad as YouTube or Facebook comments. And, yeah, the OP remains completely wrong about ModSquad because, again, I see the things they did back in the day. I get that there will always be some people who will disagree with moderation. I respect that opinion, even as I continue to do the best I can for all the Boards, including GD. _(I also think it's funny how people forget I don't go trolling GD for things to remove. Everything I remove from GD is the result of encountering it in the queue, which means that at least one other person who is in GD thought it was a problem.)_
Kythers (NA)
: https://i.imgur.com/MPiVw2n.png[] Apprently mmr is a real world societal issue {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
> [{quoted}](name=Kythers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-24T23:50:44.487+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/MPiVw2n.png[] > > Apprently mmr is a real world societal issue > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} Well, yeah. When your content is asking for poor players to duo with you so you can meet women, implying that women can't play League very well, deletions are going to happen.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-24T21:13:42.624+0000) > > ModSquad would have hit you much harder. I know this because I can see their actions in the old moderation records. > > Regardless, I'm uncertain why you think saying "you have no idea what you're doing" is an effective way to make a point, the [Backfire Effect](https://yourbias.is/the-backfire-effect) being a thing. > > If your purpose was to teach, you're doing it badly. As Periscope mentions, there was a perfect example of how to be better in that thread. If your purpose was to flex by being mean to someone, surely that isn't what GD is all about, right? People keep telling me GD has a unique, vibrant culture. I would hate to think your post was an example of it. I had a total of one (1) removal prior to you becoming a mod, and I've been here for years. In the past 9 months, the number of removals I've had have skyrocketed, and all but one (1) of them are from you. You remove so many posts that would have been left up previously. If it were a variety of mods doing it, I could just chalk it up to a change in policy, but it seems to just be you in particular with incredibly thin skin. It's not just my posts, either; whenever others bring up their posts being removed, you're usually the one behind it. How is one person responsible for 80% of removals? That either means you're spending exorbitantly more time on the boards moderating than all of the other boards moderators *combined*, or it means your filter for "what is acceptable" is significantly more stringent than the rest of the GD mods. If it's the former, then I'm sorry. If it's the latter, then that seems to indicate there's a problem with you in particular. We have plenty of GD mods here that are native GDers. Maybe they would have removed that post, too, and that would be fine if so. But there is something drastically wrong when the majority of removals on GD are being handled by a single outsider.
> [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-11-24T22:39:26.027+0000) > > How is one person responsible for 80% of removals? That either means you're spending exorbitantly more time on the boards moderating than all of the other boards moderators *combined*, or it means your filter for "what is acceptable" is significantly more stringent than the rest of the GD mods. If it's the former, then I'm sorry. If it's the latter, then that seems to indicate there's a problem with you in particular. We have plenty of GD mods here that are native GDers. Maybe they would have removed that post, too, and that would be fine if so. But there is something drastically wrong when the majority of removals on GD are being handled by a single outsider. That's observation bias on your part. I don't generally handle GD. I'm much more likely to be found in PB or Gameplay. I also don't do the majority of the moderating. Funny story: I was bored a couple months ago and ran some stats. Want to know the mods most likely to suspend a poster? Evangele and Jikker. Both "GD natives" who are much more active on GD than I am.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-24T21:13:42.624+0000) > > ModSquad would have hit you much harder. I know this because I can see their actions in the old moderation records. > > Regardless, I'm uncertain why you think saying "you have no idea what you're doing" is an effective way to make a point, the [Backfire Effect](https://yourbias.is/the-backfire-effect) being a thing. > > If your purpose was to teach, you're doing it badly. As Periscope mentions, there was a perfect example of how to be better in that thread. If your purpose was to flex by being mean to someone, surely that isn't what GD is all about, right? People keep telling me GD has a unique, vibrant culture. I would hate to think your post was an example of it. I had a total of one (1) removal prior to you becoming a mod, and I've been here for years. In the past 9 months, the number of removals I've had have skyrocketed, and all but one (1) of them are from you. You remove so many posts that would have been left up previously. If it were a variety of mods doing it, I could just chalk it up to a change in policy, but it seems to just be you in particular with incredibly thin skin. It's not just my posts, either; whenever others bring up their posts being removed, you're usually the one behind it. How is one person responsible for 80% of removals? That either means you're spending exorbitantly more time on the boards moderating than all of the other boards moderators *combined*, or it means your filter for "what is acceptable" is significantly more stringent than the rest of the GD mods. If it's the former, then I'm sorry. If it's the latter, then that seems to indicate there's a problem with you in particular. We have plenty of GD mods here that are native GDers. Maybe they would have removed that post, too, and that would be fine if so. But there is something drastically wrong when the majority of removals on GD are being handled by a single outsider.
> [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-11-24T22:39:26.027+0000) > > I had a total of one (1) removal prior to you becoming a mod, and I've been here for years. In the past 9 months, the number of removals I've had have skyrocketed, and all but one (1) of them are from you. You remove so many posts that would have been left up previously. If it were a variety of mods doing it, I could just chalk it up to a change in policy, but it seems to just be you in particular with incredibly thin skin. It's not just my posts, either; whenever others bring up their posts being removed, you're usually the one behind it. You've had 13 removals, but we shouldn't count the one by Mod Rocksteady because Mod Curator undid it. That leaves 11. Of those, five were done by Mod Squad. Of the remaining six, four were by me. >keep the fucking item that's giving you a ton of stats and 4 wards every back? Is this the kind of logic that puts people in iron? Because seriously, you have no idea what you're doing if you think it's a good idea to sell your support item. Removed by me with not even a warning. >You know, if you were an AI, I would think your programmer did a pretty good job. Too bad you're a human. Maybe you should try engaging your brain to understand what I said, instead of relying on a quick heuristic scan and predictive text algorithm. Removed by someone else with a warning. > Too bad the thing we're talking about destroying is also responsible for countless atrocities against their own citizens. No one is saying to nuke china, but its government needs to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up. Removed by me as part of a political discussion cleanup. Again, no warning. >You don't. OP is just a moron that thinks people actually play with default bindings. Removed by me with a warning. >Go the link itself then. It's perfectly clear. US laws and regulations apparently require riot to block iran now. Blame trump if you want to blame someone for this. Removed by me as part of a political discussion cleanup. Still, no warning. >The best part about not being able to downvote now: Dumbasses like you get to make shitty posts and feel no repercussions for it. Removed by someone else with a warning. I really don't know how to help you understand this any better. You aren't being singled out. You aren't being treated more harshly than anyone else. If anything, you've been handled with kid gloves. Most people with 11 removals are much farther along our punishment track, so it's clear everyone involved has chosen to not hold the ModSquad actions against you. Putting aside the political stuff because by now you should get that we dumpster those threads pretty hard, let's be clear that treating people rudely is not going to be be part of GD culture. It never has been and that's not going to change.
: Dear Ulanapo
> [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M8sUEE7u,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-24T18:08:49.385+0000) > >I'd take modsquad any day over you, and that's saying something. ModSquad would have hit you much harder. I know this because I can see their actions in the old moderation records. Regardless, I'm uncertain why you think saying "you have no idea what you're doing" is an effective way to make a point, the [Backfire Effect](https://yourbias.is/the-backfire-effect) being a thing. If your purpose was to teach, you're doing it badly. As Periscope mentions, there was a perfect example of how to be better in that thread. If your purpose was to flex by being mean to someone, surely that isn't what GD is all about, right? People keep telling me GD has a unique, vibrant culture. I would hate to think your post was an example of it.
: > [{quoted}](name=DalekZec,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mfj9QGx8,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-23T01:01:16.459+0000) > > Incredibly confused. > > I've never heard of something called "chief diversity officer". It has absolutely nothing to do with the game. Just a fancy term for PR and HR oversight. The game industry is dominated by geeky white males, and the end result sometimes leads to a company culture that undergoes serious friction with anyone who is not also a geeky white male. Thus the fiasco about a year ago.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mfj9QGx8,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-23T02:18:26.396+0000) > > It has absolutely nothing to do with the game. Just a fancy term for PR and HR oversight. The game industry is dominated by geeky white males, and the end result sometimes leads to a company culture that undergoes serious friction with anyone who is not also a geeky white male. Thus the fiasco about a year ago. Pretty much this, though the Diversity Officer where I work also makes sure we aren't missing out on candidates because of our reputation, culture, etc. In addition, they work on our corporate culture with things like the gender inclusive bathrooms.
Tele II (NA)
: Oh, I didnt mean that I was told by the Mod that my post was useless, sorry I couldve been more clear on that I suppose. The last thing I want to do is put words in other people's mouths to help support my point... thats pretty low, I didnt mean that. And yes I know that I wasnt punished or anything, I just like to have an understanding, which is all I'm trying to accomplish here. Okay, I get that I should leave out the "you should read the post" parts in the future. I wish that my words didnt convey that tone, but I cant control how other people will percieve it, so yeah, I'll just leave it out in the future. I understand if you cant tell me this, but was there a complaint that influenced the decision to remove, or was it just seen by the mod and thats how they percieved it without any other influence? Just for my own knowledge. I dont hold grudges or anything, and its not personal. I'd just like to know if someone being personally offended affects the decision to remove a post. Not a big deal though either way. Thanks for explaining.
> [{quoted}](name=Tele II,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=voHlJIOE,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-23T02:53:24.796+0000) > > I understand if you cant tell me this, but was there a complaint that influenced the decision to remove, or was it just seen by the mod and thats how they percieved it without any other influence? Just for my own knowledge. I wasn't the mod who removed it, but I will say that the vast majority of what we remove is in response to a report. We simply don't have the time to roam the boards. I will also say that, had I seen that while reading, I would have removed it regardless of whether or not it had been reported.
Tele II (NA)
: Discussing a removal
To begin with, your removal read, "While we did remove your post, we'd like to emphasize that this is not a warning and won't count against your Boards account status. However, please take some time to familiarize yourself with the Boards Universal Rules, as well as the guidelines for any sub-board you intend to post in before posting." In other words, you received the gentlest reminder possible that we expect better from people than what we got in your post. Your removed content was, "Just dont reply maybe if you dont bother reading it?" You may recall the OP was a wall of text, so it would have been just as easy to assume that person missed it and say "he said he doesn't want to play against bots." That would have gotten your point across just fine. >Then I was called condescending and told that MY post was useless lol. You weren't told that at all. You were told we expect posters to remain polite and respectful at all times. >I dont get it... should I just never mention that someone should actually read the post they are commenting on? Generally, no. You should not, as it's a discussion style that generally doesn't get you the response you're looking for and is more likely to cause drama or conflict than anything else. >Its definitely not a show of respect, but I think its far from disrespect honestly. That's an awfully low bar. We remove things for a lot of reasons other than active insults and open disrespect. Sometimes, as is the case with your post, we remove something because it conveys a tone that tends to make the Boards a less welcoming and productive place.
: How long will Riot pretend that everything is okay lol?
As this thread has devolved into complaining and bickering, it has been locked. If you have any questions about this moderation action, don't hesitate to reach out to the Boards Moderation Team via: * The [**NA Boards Discord**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) * The [**Discuss the Boards**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board ~ Ulanopo
musixxal (EUW)
: permabanned for posting a truism.
I'm also curious why you ignored the 7- day suspension you received last month.
musixxal (EUW)
: permabanned for posting a truism.
You're right that your most recent post wasn't the worst thing ever, but it did demonstrate your unwillingness to remain respectful to other posters.
musixxal (EUW)
: permabanned for posting a truism.
If it's the one I'm thinking of: >This action has been escalated due to the number of actions against your boards account. In general, we expect that people will change their behavior after relatively few corrections. That was the 25th removal and 8th ban.
Zardo (NA)
: >No, the person who acts like a fuckshit because their precious Senna/Yasuo/Vayne/whatever got banned is dooming the team to fail by reacting poorly to the choices that someone else is entitled to. They're pitching a babyfit because they BOO HOO didn't get their way. Way to characterize this as only happening to groups that already have a negative stigma attached to them. It happens to everyone from time to time. >Anecdotes aren't proof of shit. They're not, but they can start discussions. >No, people ARE responding to the topic. You just want them to agree with you, which isn't happening. They aren't responding to the topic, they're restating the fact that people have the ability to ban a champion. Some people are providing valuable input- you are not one of them. It's actually hilarious- you categorize people who pick troll things(which is completely allowed by the system) as babies, but people who ban other people's champions out of spite aren't. People queue up for draft with a champion pick in mind generally(especially since people are told to stick to 2-3 champions to climb). If the enemy bans it out, it's no big deal to them. I've seen it happen and seen people play backups or explain they're a onetrick and to be patient with them. They CAN play other champions. A teammate banning out their champion and saying that they specifically did it to spite them is similar to a support taking all the ADC's cs from the beginning of the game because "lmao you're so shit" when the adc asks why. [REMOVED BY MODERATION - ULANOPO]
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=22gri73U,comment-id=000200010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-18T19:18:04.900+0000) > > [REMOVED BY MODERATION - ULANOPO] I've edited out the part that was unnecessarily aggressive. If you have any questions about this moderation action, don't hesitate to reach out to the Boards Moderation Team via: * The [**NA Boards Discord**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) * The [**Discuss the Boards**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board ~ Ulanopo
: > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tIOGJNwb,comment-id=001100010000,timestamp=2019-11-19T22:33:48.528+0000) > > That's an opinion you can have, but you should know I had several people thank me for removing that image. I will believe it when I hear it from other people, for all I know you could be just making this up just to find a way to justify the removal of a post. Not asking for names, but I'd prefer if some of the said "several people" messaged me on Discord or something to let me know if they actually found it offensive. Discord: Jeddonathan #9004
> [{quoted}](name=BLIGHTBRINGER,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tIOGJNwb,comment-id=0011000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-20T08:45:38.377+0000) > > I will believe it when I hear it from other people, for all I know you could be just making this up just to find a way to justify the removal of a post. I don't need to justify it any further than I already have. > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=himHYFyl,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-19T20:50:19.707+0000) > > 1. Both actions in the first post are appropriate. The board has rules against religious discussion and content (and the image in question was a modified statue of a religious figure used as a meme), and the rules also state that posts in old discussions are not appropriate. No moderation error was made here. That's from [this thread](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/himHYFyl-my-post-was-deleted-for-lack-of-effort?comment=0005000000000000) on the appropriateness of moderation actions.
: I understand that there are many open-minded people that understand the difference between a joke and offensive material. It's wonderful to see people grow up to be acceptable towards humor. We do need to understand that everyone has feelings in thks matter because religion is a very touchy subject. That being said the OP did not mock, degrade, offend or personally target anyone with that meme post. It was a meme and when it comes to referring Senna over and over again as an excuse to combat the meme post, Riot literally applied the title of a religious mark to a fictonal character. If we do look at the mod's side that deleted it, it is definitely acceptable that someone that didn't have the guts to express their feelings just reported it because it hurt them. We can also accept that the mod did it because they felt like it. We have no proof of the report and we also have no proof of if the mod decided to ban it themselves without anyone saying anything. Also, necro is perfectly fine, but like just lock the post if it's been a month old. Don't send out an entire notification to the OP if it doesn't have any value anymore. At the end of the day, the mods make stupid (don't give me a 3 day ban like you did to that guy) mistakes and they also sort of in a way look out for you (?). I still haven't seen a ban on an extremely racist comment that was made about a week ago, but I guess a meme T pose matters more. Even if they suck at doing things, this place would be in utter chaos if they weren't present. Also, one player to another player, let's just look out for each other,in game and out game. Always ask how your loved ones are doing and make sure to be there for everyone.
> [{quoted}](name=skinny benís,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tIOGJNwb,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2019-11-19T11:05:57.348+0000) > > I still haven't seen a ban on an extremely racist comment that was made about a week ago, but I guess a meme T pose matters more. This is something you should bring to the Discord so we can review and address.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tIOGJNwb,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2019-11-19T00:02:29.681+0000) > > I've edited your post to remove the inappropriate image. > > We do not permit the posting of religious icons under the "inapproriate Discussion Topics" portion of the [Universal Boards Rules](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/ITFIpNUE). This is especially true when the icon has been modified in a way that could be seen as disrespectful. > > If you have any questions about this moderation action, don't hesitate to reach out to the Boards Moderation Team via: > > * The [**NA Boards Discord**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) > * The [**Discuss the Boards**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board > > ~ Ulanopo How are you honestly a mod? Nobody is offended by that image besides you... You're just overreacting with this whole thing.
> [{quoted}](name=BLIGHTBRINGER,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tIOGJNwb,comment-id=00110001,timestamp=2019-11-19T12:48:45.010+0000) > > How are you honestly a mod? Nobody is offended by that image besides you... > > You're just overreacting with this whole thing. That's an opinion you can have, but you should know I had several people thank me for removing that image.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tIOGJNwb,comment-id=00130001,timestamp=2019-11-19T02:26:31.695+0000) > > If I may continue in the spirit of your response, no, that wasn't a bad call. It wasn't even close. Dude's thesis was "I want Yuumi nerfed because I would enjoy that more". We're tying - slowly but surely - to make Gameplay slightly better. We're making some process, but damn if some of these posts aren't real head scratchers. > > For example, I was told yesterday that Senna's numbers were only going up because there's no counterplay and people have yet to figure out how to play her, as if none of us have ever seen Finales Funkeln or Dark Binding. I mean, isn't this new-fangled skillshot that roots if it hits just the best thing ever??? Oh, wait, it affects allies after a short delay? Not anything like Zilean's Time Bomb. > > Is Yuumi in a great place? No. Are there other champions with super annoying kits? (Shaco fucking says hi in Jack-in-the Box). If the argument had been "I want Yuumi changed so that she has more incentive to be unattached because untargetability is no fun", that would have been fine. As you can see, that was not the conversation we had. I mean, if we're talking Yuumi, my only huge complaint about her isn't even her attachment, more than it is that she can literally attach to a Draven, walk away from the keyboard, start cleaning their room like they should've been doing at some point last *decade*...and everything's fine, cause Draven's normal oppressive af damage is now an entirely new level of oppressive. If the argument is to incentivize Yuumi to detach, the easiest way by far would be to attach the extra Adaptive Force to that shield she has in some way...something like Malphite, where it's only like 1/3 of the AF if her shield is broken, so she has to detach, get it back, and keep it to have the full effect. Now...that's a topic people can work with. As far as me saying "bad call"...I suppose I'll call that subjective. I wasn't there to witness the actual storm...I'm just watching this thread and feeling my brain melt from what I was seeing from the aftermath. But my overall point with it is that other mods decided it was worth allowing the conversation to continue and restored it, so I don't really see their problem.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tIOGJNwb,comment-id=001300010000,timestamp=2019-11-19T02:52:09.022+0000) > >But my overall point with it is that other mods decided it was worth allowing the conversation to continue and restored it, so I don't really see their problem. The original thread remains deleted. I locked[ the thread complaining about the deletion](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/g53JK9pg-so-riot-deleted-the-post-about-needing-more-ways-to-knock-yummi-off-her-target) and created a new thread to discuss the idea
: Merciful Zeus... You know, me and some mods, *including Ulanopo*, the one called out here, have had our rounds. I've even taken it up with them more than once, which after about a solid 3 hours of angry, back-and-forth, frothing-at-mouth hate speeches delivered through here (that SOMEHOW didnt get me banned...) usually brought everyone to the attention that we weren't even talking about the same fucking topic, and then we took 2 minutes to solve the *actual* problem and left me feeling like an absolute fucking donkey for a month. I think about the only two I haven't had words for are ChickenWrap here, and maybe Djinn. though I don't really think I know *all* of the mods either, I only ever see like 8 of them. These guys...are not saints. But if you truly think they're gunning for you, take the word of the guy who's done this multiple times, they're not. It's the *specialists* you have to watch out for most times, imo. They're not even mods, and they truly do talk DOWN to you. But I've said my piece on the two I've had issues with to the mods previously, so I'm not going to go and throw my personal bias of those two as far as to even say it's *all* specialists...and it's whatever, they have no power anyway, and the blacklist app more than takes care of them, should I ever decide I need to use it. >.> I guess my point here more than anything is...if you're going to attack the mods to this degree, can you at least *pretend* you have a semblance of what the fuck it is you're talking about..? Example: >ll3lackbeard (NA) - a day ago Bro, all riot does is mods boards like this. You think anyone is looking into better game play? Wrong. Mods are not Riot...they're a volunteer group that literally do not get paid enough to handle your dumb asses...or...you know...***ANYTHING***. Riot actually tends to for the most part avoid the boards like the plague, and usually stick to reddit because lowkey, yall are toxic, illiterate, self-centered shitbags with nothing to lose and everything to QQ about. Another: >Inkling Commando (NA) - a day ago yeah well that rule is ignored by other mods and you know it. you'd have to be as bad as what his face in office if you believe otherwise. while you may or may not have a good heart other mods are corrupt and take down posts that they themselves don't like and say "fuck you" to the other people on the boards (exhibit A: yuumi detach topic) I'm gonna go ahead and first point out the ABSOLUTE HYPOCRISY of this statement, because you are literally trying to silence *POSTED RULES* by saying "well other people ignore them, so I get to compare you to a guy that **I WISH** I could compare to a Nazi." I'm going to do my absolute best not to make this political, by keeping my actual thoughts out of this and just stating the obvious fact that a NAZI is a Nazi, an incompetent leader is an incompetent leader, and an IDIOT is an IDIOT. I'm then going to point out the other obvious point that, while the initial removal of that yuumi post was...questionable, it was reviewed, *replaced*, and continued *even after it devolved to shitposting* on a different thread *by a goddamned moderator*...it was then viewed by *several more*, who all *agreed to keep it going*, even well after it devolved to shitposting, and quite frankly the fact that you decide that **THAT POST** is the hill to die on, out of all the other things that could possibly be wrong...is beyond astounding. Like, I don't even have words to describe how indescribably fucking idiotic that is. The mods have rules they have to follow to keep it professional and not call you out for what you are. I do not. And while I certainly don't like being the person who comes in for their defense here, you're honestly ***THAT BAD*** that I feel like someone has to do it. In fact...they're probably going to have to *ban me* for this, cause right here and now I literally broke more rules in this one post than half of you have broken *combined* in the last *year*, and I'm perfectly ok with that, because that's the level of done I am with people who are obviously unable to process common fucking sense. Everyone has the rules, posted on the same pages, of the same boards, that all say the same thing. Everyone has more than enough reason to be a bunch of salty edgelords, between all the Yasuo hateposts and "LeL AdC" posts, and quite literally *EVERY* Player Behavior post on the whole damn board. Let's all not compound everything to hell and back by getting so butthurt over one fucking bad call, on one fucking post, that we turn any other moderator removal within the next month and a half into such a baseless shitshow. The problems were *resolved*. Problems happen. Sometimes, problems are a result of human error, and are then subsequently fixed by humans, who may or may not even be the same person or group that erred in the first place. Like...yall bitch about the mods, but what have *YOU* come to? In respect to the original post...go ahead and put that picture back. It might be dafaced in some way, but it's clear these motherfuckers need Jesus. >.>
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tIOGJNwb,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2019-11-19T00:44:03.177+0000) > > Let's all not compound everything to hell and back by getting so butthurt over **_one fucking bad call_**, on one fucking post If I may continue in the spirit of your response, no, that wasn't a bad call. It wasn't even close. Dude's thesis was "I want Yuumi nerfed because I would enjoy that more". We're tying - slowly but surely - to make Gameplay slightly better. We're making some process, but damn if some of these posts aren't real head scratchers. For example, I was told yesterday that Senna's numbers were only going up because there's no counterplay and people have yet to figure out how to play her, as if none of us have ever seen Finales Funkeln or Dark Binding. I mean, isn't this new-fangled skillshot that roots if it hits just the best thing ever??? Oh, wait, it affects allies after a short delay? Not anything like Zilean's Time Bomb. Is Yuumi in a great place? No. Are there other champions with super annoying kits? (Shaco fucking says hi in Jack-in-the Box). If the argument had been "I want Yuumi changed so that she has more incentive to be unattached because untargetability is no fun", that would have been fine. As you can see, that was not the conversation we had.
: What the hell is up with Mods lately?
I've edited your post to remove the inappropriate image. We do not permit the posting of religious icons under the "inapproriate Discussion Topics" portion of the [Universal Boards Rules](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/ITFIpNUE). This is especially true when the icon has been modified in a way that could be seen as disrespectful. If you have any questions about this moderation action, don't hesitate to reach out to the Boards Moderation Team via: * The [**NA Boards Discord**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) * The [**Discuss the Boards**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board ~ Ulanopo
Exibir mais

Ulanopo

Nível 195 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão