: > [{quoted}](name=Viz Auditore,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=A2TXkMc0,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-06T05:13:45.406+0000) > > There is a problem that some trolling and toxic teammates always intentionally ban their teammates' champions {{sticker:sg-janna}} > Is that also common for you?{{sticker:sg-lux-2}} > Does someone have a good idea to help Riot to reduce or control the happening of similar events? Those players are too annoying...(Just cannot endure that why we have to waste our time for their impolite behavior?) {{sticker:sg-shisa}} > > (No offense for everyone, just be a little mean to those intentional toxic guys) Could do it two ways. If someone bans a champion that someone had picked before P&B, it auto registers this. Then punishes them accordingly _if_ the game launches. Some people may accidentally do this. In which case, they just need to dodge and the game won't register this offence. Another method would be manual control. Once someone bans a champion their teammate picked. They could manually click the button to register the offence or choose not to in case they are a premade/friends. Or forgive it on grounds of a valid reason. Honestly, the ideal way to avoid this from happening is not to show your pick at all. Or just show a pick that you'd like banned. If they are trolling, they'd end up banning a champion you didn't want in the game. And, you get an additional ban!
> Could do it two ways. If someone bans a champion that someone had picked before P&B, it auto registers this. Then punishes them accordingly _if_ the game launches. Some people may accidentally do this. In which case, they just need to dodge and the game won't register this offence. > Here is where the problem is here. I select yasuo with no intention of actually playing him. If you ban him you get punished automatically. If you don't, hes available for the other team. It rarely happens, but I always have a backup plan on who I'm going to play if my main gets banned. I use the same logic if a teammate bans it as well....but i do let them know how much lower my win rate is with my backup, but I still play it out.
: TFT Suggestion - Ranked LP Loss
> [{quoted}](name=Teh Manzilla,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=zEiUreA7,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-01T16:48:52.277+0000) > > Hello, > > A couple of suggestions related to ranked LP Loss: > > 1. A player shouldn't lose LP for losing in a match where everyone is ranked higher than they are. This seems expected and doesn't mean that they are a lower rank. > > 2. The LP calculation should take into account how "Close" the game is. If multiple people are eliminated the same round they should get the same rank. (They should tie for the highest rank) > > I played a game where I was the lowest ranked, and it was a very close game. Most people had 3-8 HP near the end when I was eliminated. I finished 6th however 3 people were eliminated in the same round as me. I lost LP afterward. I could have very easily been 4th since the 4th place person was also eliminated in the same round as me. (Not sure how the game decides the place when multiple people are eliminated in the same round.) > > I think that all of us that were eliminated in the same round should have tied for 4th place and that the LP calculation should have been based on that. It was a very close game which implies that we all performed similarly. > > Also, since I was the lowest ranked and placed above two people that were one or two tiers above me it seems odd that I would lose LP since it seems that I performed better than my current raking would imply. > > Thanks. The game does factor in the mmr of your opponents in gains/losses. Think of each game as 7 individual matches. Going 4-3 (4th place) win get you more LP against higher ranked players than going 4-3 against lower ranks. They did change it so that you can't lose LP if you get 4th or better and you can't gain for 5th or worse. This chance is because high level players who couldn't get into balanced matches were losing LP for 4th and I think I heard of a couple cases of losing it for 3rd.
: Why do people not just forfeit ffs?!
My reasons for not surrendering: 1. If its ranked, I want every point I can get. Even if its going bad, a 5% chance of winning is better than a 0% chance of winning by ff. 2. I usually get one game a night and I never get to play two games after another. For me a forfeit means I have to stop playing. I'd rather play and try to win than not play at all. You complain that it's not fair to have to keep playing when the game is lost, but it's also not fair to force someone to quit who wants to play. That's why it's a vote. In most of my games, after a failed vote, the game ends in a minute or two anyway. If it doesn't then the other team doesn't know how to end and you still have a good chance then.
Tokishi7 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tele II,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=vryBqz7d,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-02T22:50:40.713+0000) > > Griefing is a 14 day ban first offense. So yeah, you basically agree with Riot and most players. yeah, except their detection for griefing is near non existent
> [{quoted}](name=Tokishi7,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=vryBqz7d,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T00:10:50.612+0000) > > yeah, except their detection for griefing is near non existent It's not that its non existent. Its mostly manual and errs on the side of caution. People come here complaining that they get griefers every single game....yet I've been playing for almost 3 years and can count the number of "griefers" I've seen on one hand. I do see a some toxic players and a ton to whiners, though most are relatively mild. I think I need to report someone every 20 or 30 games. I do see a lot of afk and rage quitting and I wish it were punished stronger, but I've also noticed that the majority of them are ones that think they are trying but quit as soon as a teammate falls too far behind or a surrender vote fails.....not bad or casual players.
: Reporting/Punishment
> [{quoted}](name=supaginga17,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=fK6cBo2K,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-02T18:17:35.117+0000) > > I feel like the punishment for "being reported" has turned into a little bit of a biased system at this point in favor of whoever reports. I have not been paying attention to the changes to the system as I hardly ever report or get reported. I recently got reported for certain things that were said. Although I know that my behavior in the chat was not all that sportsman like, the people I was talking to were much more aggressive, racist and rude. I also feel as though my behavior in chat was pretty mild compared to what was being said to me in that game. Being that I was responding to what was being said to me, I think being removed from chat for 10 games (including my ranked games), losing free rewards, and losing honor points due to being reported by a level 11 person in a normal game who was being toxic towards me is a little overboard. Especially considering I can't remember the last time I would have been reported for anything anyways. Though I appreciate the move to knock down toxic behavior in the game (huge step and I applaud you Riot) I think the report system needs to take other people's chats into consideration when a report is being filed as well. I, myself, didn't get to report the people who were being rude towards me because my after game screen wouldn't load. I understand the punishment. I will take it and play normal games until I can chat freely in my ranked games to help coordinate better with my team. But, like I said, I also think that's a steep punishment for a retaliation and think it's a little unjust considering the people who reported me were the instigators. First, why do you feel it was so important to respond to what was being said to you? Next, there is no rule that only one person can be punished for toxic behavior in a game. If more than one person is toxic then they should all be punished based on their severity. So whether you were responding or initiating is irrelevant. If the other person was more toxic, then they will receive a tougher penalty....but it doesn't excuse your unsportsmanlike behavior. Finally, their level and the fact that it was a normal game should have no bearing in evaluating toxicity.
: 32 minute win gets 17LP; 27 minute loss loses 19LP
The length of the game has no bearing on the LP gains or losses.
: Yes I do recall looking at the pickrates, it still says something regardless. Off meta picks should not thrive in bot lane. I bet you if I were to play mid lane carries that have the same role as adc's, such as ryze or cass, I'd have a lot more success than playing an actual adc bot lane.
> [{quoted}](name=Cairo King,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FA52KuVA,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-11-23T18:07:36.277+0000) > > Yes I do recall looking at the pickrates, it still says something regardless. Off meta picks should not thrive in bot lane. I bet you if I were to play mid lane carries that have the same role as adc's, such as ryze or cass, I'd have a lot more success than playing an actual adc bot lane. If off meta picks are thriving, then wouldn't they be meta?
: my question when it comes to changes is why doesnt they switch baron pit with drags an put them on the other sides of the map so toplane is more useful and so bottom has less power in deciding games couldnt that help the metta
> [{quoted}](name=Boomstick90001,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wAE3psPf,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-21T19:07:20.650+0000) > > my question when it comes to changes is why doesnt they switch baron pit with drags an put them on the other sides of the map so toplane is more useful and so bottom has less power in deciding games couldnt that help the metta I would guess that good teams would simply swap their adc/support with the top lane it would just a mirror of the same game.
: TFT Ranked???
> [{quoted}](name=SetherousRex,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=m6nJipyt,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-20T18:01:06.571+0000) > > Finished last season plat tft won 4 out of 5 tft ranked games this time and get placed in iron 2 WTH is with that. That is a large drop. Everyone is starting iron. If you had high MMR you will move up faster than everyone else though.
: Unit pool size
> [{quoted}](name=ACampingPandaa,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=b7oePlPE,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-19T18:20:54.276+0000) > > I'm just looking for a clear explanation how the number of a certain unit works. Lets say there can only 12 zeds. If I take 3, and make a single 2 star, do two get added back to the total pool? So now there could only be 11 other zeds. Or what happens when someone gets eliminated? Do their champs get added back into rotation? Just some questions I would like to know the answer to If you take 3 for a silver, there are only 9 available. I'm not positive, but I believe when someone is eliminated, their champions go back in the pool.
: > [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1o4oBcqk,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-19T00:15:07.556+0000) > > I've been playing for 2 1/2 years and I haven't gotten to 100 yet. your kidding i got to level 100 in like a few months (from what i remember)
> [{quoted}](name=xDogMeatx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1o4oBcqk,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-19T00:24:19.274+0000) > > your kidding i got to level 100 in like a few months (from what i remember) You must have a lot more time than me. I try to play a game every night. Usually end up with 25 a month.
: i think i know how to slow down smurfing.
> [{quoted}](name=xDogMeatx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1o4oBcqk,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-18T22:48:59.321+0000) > > restrict ranked to level 100 or so at best its 150. I've been playing for 2 1/2 years and I haven't gotten to 100 yet.
Baddeus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VRtynkEv,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-12T19:05:06.104+0000) > > Where do you get the idea that most people are ok waiting an hour to play a game? An hour waiting for a 30 minute game means you are spending 2/3 of your play time sitting and waiting. And if I'm going to play another game while waiting, I'll just play that other game. > > Low elos are very much affected. In the summer I was waiting about 8 minutes....with waits as long as 15 minutes after people not accepting or dodging. Since I only get an hour uninterrupted to play that means sometimes I would wait and then not even get to play without risking having to leave the game early. > > Sometime in the summer they made a change and the waits are now only 1-2 minutes but I play in games where the average rank is 6-7 higher than me. I'm guessing its because they widened the gap to speed things up, but as a support, it puts me higher because of the shortage of support players. idk what game you are playing, but we must not be playing the same game because I am in a game in less than 3 mins no matter what
> [{quoted}](name=Baddeus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VRtynkEv,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2019-11-15T18:37:55.010+0000) > > idk what game you are playing, but we must not be playing the same game because I am in a game in less than 3 mins no matter what At the beginning of the season, I was having 8-10 minute waits. After a patch sometime this summer, it changed and I get 1-2 minute waits, which is much better, but the downside is that the range of ranks is much higher. I'm iron 4 and the average rank in my games is bronze 1-2. In fact two games ago, the other team was all silver. While the difference is frustrating, I prefer the shorter wait. My win rate at about 42% and I feel I'm improving faster than I was. It used to be that having a bronze in my lane meant a bad game. Now facing a bronze is not a concern and I sometime outplay a silver. The only bad part is that with a low win rate, I can't put a streak together long enough to push past promos to climb. I'm gaining 22-25 a win and only losing 12-15, but a good run puts me in games where the average player is too much higher than me and I can't outplay silver 3 opponent yet.
iLLp (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cind3rkick,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aTs7fk6L,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-14T17:42:43.071+0000) > > So something happened during early access and you got reset for the actual release? > Damn scummy riot making it fair for most. i started with and unlocked cards by playing the game and they removed them. Without warning or notice. dont be a boot licker
> [{quoted}](name=iLLp,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aTs7fk6L,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-14T17:43:42.881+0000) > > i started with and unlocked cards by playing the game and they removed them. Without warning or notice. > > dont be a boot licker You got the opportunity to play. I didn't get in the first round. I'd have gladly give up progress in testing to get to try it out early.
: It doesn't kill the game from the top down, because most of the people that had to wait an hour in the past played another game during queues and were fine with it. Their mentality overall was helped because of this as well. Tilt was less of a factor. I never had issues with queue times at mid-range elos. Low elos would be around the same queue time. I don't think you understand the massive amount of players in this bracket. It was never an issue before role select. People that get autofilled specifically during role select are just as likely to dodge now as back then. People actually bargained and explained their strengths/weaknesses before. Now nobody talks during champ select unless they're trolling or trying to get someone to dodge.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VRtynkEv,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-12T17:20:29.817+0000) > > It doesn't kill the game from the top down, because most of the people that had to wait an hour in the past played another game during queues and were fine with it. Their mentality overall was helped because of this as well. Tilt was less of a factor. > > I never had issues with queue times at mid-range elos. > > Low elos would be around the same queue time. I don't think you understand the massive amount of players in this bracket. It was never an issue before role select. > > People that get autofilled specifically during role select are just as likely to dodge now as back then. People actually bargained and explained their strengths/weaknesses before. Now nobody talks during champ select unless they're trolling or trying to get someone to dodge. Where do you get the idea that most people are ok waiting an hour to play a game? An hour waiting for a 30 minute game means you are spending 2/3 of your play time sitting and waiting. And if I'm going to play another game while waiting, I'll just play that other game. Low elos are very much affected. In the summer I was waiting about 8 minutes....with waits as long as 15 minutes after people not accepting or dodging. Since I only get an hour uninterrupted to play that means sometimes I would wait and then not even get to play without risking having to leave the game early. Sometime in the summer they made a change and the waits are now only 1-2 minutes but I play in games where the average rank is 6-7 higher than me. I'm guessing its because they widened the gap to speed things up, but as a support, it puts me higher because of the shortage of support players.
Andrija056 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=Hbhatb6l,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-06T19:31:07.692+0000) > > First problem is that you are assuming that ranked games are more important than normal games. It's ok to feed and be salty in normal games? I only play ranked but I have friends that only play normals to avoid the toxicity and you are suggesting to take all the toxic players and move them to normal games. > > Second problem is that you are being more lenient on intentional feeders than the current system. Right now, first penalty is a 14 day ban on all games and 2nd is a permanent ban. You are now saying that intentional feeding gives you 5 chances and still allows you to play normal games. Normal games is pratice for ranked,simple.
> [{quoted}](name=Andrija056,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=Hbhatb6l,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-06T19:42:26.390+0000) > > Normal games is pratice for ranked,simple. Ranked is normal with a ladder......simple. You don't have to be good to play ranked. That's what iron and bronze exist for. Ranked is for people that want to compare their skill to other people. Other than that there is no difference between ranked and normal draft. Unless you are in the top 1% in the world. Your rank does nothing to affect your quality of life. Do you think getting promoted to gold suddenly makes the world a better place and opens all sorts of opportunities? Since normals are also for casual play, how would you feel if toxic players were banned from normals and forced to play only ranked? Toxic players and intentional feeders need to be removed from the game entirely. . . Mot just from ranked.
Andrija056 (EUNE)
: Good idea to clean all trollers from ranked
First problem is that you are assuming that ranked games are more important than normal games. It's ok to feed and be salty in normal games? I only play ranked but I have friends that only play normals to avoid the toxicity and you are suggesting to take all the toxic players and move them to normal games. Second problem is that you are being more lenient on intentional feeders than the current system. Right now, first penalty is a 14 day ban on all games and 2nd is a permanent ban. You are now saying that intentional feeding gives you 5 chances and still allows you to play normal games.
: So why is a bronze being placed with/against golds in ranked?
A high bronze and a low gold having similar MMR at a point in time is very possible.
: That's not math at all. New players, because of their lack of xp and statistical Math, should be the worst of the worst, aha should be at bottom. Why would new players be average players???
> [{quoted}](name=Ambitious Minnow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=T3EXvMfE,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-11-03T16:21:02.599+0000) > > That's not math at all. New players, because of their lack of xp and statistical Math, should be the worst of the worst, aha should be at bottom. Why would new players be average players??? New ranked players are unknown. They might be bad...they might also have a thousand normal games or it might be a new account for a good player. A new ranked account is 0-0...think of it as the same as 500-500. Starting new players at the bottom would be like staring them at 0-500. Its not fair to give them automatic losses just because. The bottom players have proven themselves bad. New players haven't proven anything good or bad.
k1ngbz (NA)
: Promotion Series: Poor gaming experience when users AFK
Yes I get frustrated when that happens, but what do you propose? If you want to have games with an afk, not count, then it has to be ALL games, not just the ones where the afk is on your team. It would really suck to have your win invalidated in promos because the enemy you dominated in game rage quit 10 minutes in.
: At level 30, Why aren't you gold and above?
> [{quoted}](name=Ban Dis Account2,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=m8lldths,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-01T20:35:51.677+0000) > > Aside from lag, I just can't understand how someone can be anything below gold. I just boosted my way to gold by simply playing klepto barrier support lux in like 30 games. As a support you don't even have to do anything but ward and ks, like how hard is that? You don't even have to play the mind game when it comes to last hitting. It's so easy even a hamster can do it. > Riot lowered the standard of gold and above, I just can't understand why we still have players who have like 100+ game in Iron, Bronze, and Silver if they're not lagging, have some physical challenges, or trolling.. It's a ladder. Even if everyone had pro level skills there would still be iron, bronze and silver. There is no standard for gold and above except that you are roughly in the top half of the player pool. If you believe the skill level of gold has dropped, it's not because riot lowered the standard, but because the the skill level of the has dropped. I just can't understand why people come into the boards and insult lower ranked players when they have no concept of how a simple ranking system works.
: > [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=t3f4RW7o,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T17:46:07.557+0000) > > Nobody wants it but it's a necessary thing unless you have a solution to make sure there are the same number of players in each role. > > They would either have to have crazy long wait times or expand the mmr range for games. > > As it is I'm an iron 4 support and the average rank in my games is bronze 2. In my game yesterday, the lowest enemy was 4 ranks above me and their jungle was 9 ranks above me....and guess who was his favorite target.. . > > So if you are a mid laner with no autofill, you will always get your lane, but might have to wait 20 minutes to play and end up with an iron support in your gold game. Is that better for you? You're legit iron because you refuse to improve Mechanically Intellectually Physically And Emotionally You're emotionally committed to playing support because thats what you've been doing, even though thats the least intelligent thing you could ever do if you're stuck in iron and want to improve/get out. You're purposefully making the game harder for yourself by having most of your games performance be dependent on some one else who's stuck in the same elo as you because they're making the same poor decision. Mechanically you're clueless and lost, playing the game like you're in the maze And please don't try to tell me you're good a mechanics or "know enough for the elo" Because if you did why are you playing support and not mid/top Because if you did why are you still stuck in iron. I dont care enough to tell you about how you're refusing to improve physically so i'll just say that your're **MALDING** I hope reading sent a electrical pulse through your brain, Because i couldn't detect any before. May your solo q climbs be plentiful
> [{quoted}](name=notsoimportant,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=t3f4RW7o,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2019-10-31T19:11:29.734+0000) > > You're legit iron because you refuse to improve > > Mechanically > Intellectually > Physically > And > Emotionally > > You're emotionally committed to playing support because thats what you've been doing, even though thats the least intelligent thing you could ever do if you're stuck in iron and want to improve/get out. > > You're purposefully making the game harder for yourself by having most of your games performance be dependent on some one else who's stuck in the same elo as you because they're making the same poor decision. > > Mechanically you're clueless and lost, playing the game like you're in the maze > And please don't try to tell me you're good a mechanics or "know enough for the elo" > > Because if you did why are you playing support and not mid/top > Because if you did why are you still stuck in iron. > > I dont care enough to tell you about how you're refusing to improve physically so i'll just say that your're > > **MALDING** > > I hope reading sent a electrical pulse through your brain, > Because i couldn't detect any before. > > May your solo q climbs be plentiful I play support because I have a 45% win rate as a support in bronze/silver games where I keep getting placed. I do hit promos fro time to time but it's hard to get a good streak going to push past them. I have a 30% win rate in ADC. I enjoy it but my cs is too low to succeed. (I do good in practice but struggle against real opponents). I've never won a mid game (ranked or normal) I have a 50% win rate in jungle, but best grade has been a D+ so it's not because of my skill. My inability to climb is not because I am not trying to improve, but because I have less time available to me so the improvements take longer. I wish I had so little to do that waiting an hour to get into a game was even an option. I'm iron because I don't have as much time as I'd like to improve, but it doesn't make me want to win any less or try less. Being iron also doesn't make me enjoy the game any less either.
: > [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=t3f4RW7o,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T18:46:41.201+0000) > > You are right it won't do that with matchmaking. So then you will have longer than 20 minute waits for a game. Ok and? Not everyone is playing for fun in iron, Some people actually like winning games, and waiting a little longer **For a game that isn't determined by the worst player / who isn't playing their role** doesn't matter. I'll wait I'll wait up to a hour honestly anything longer and we got some problems xd I like having 20 minute matches, not these 30-40 minute games that were ruined by some ape not playing correctly/ not caring because he was autofilled and first timing whatever champ. I'd rather wait a hour for a 20 minute match rather than wait 5 minutes for a 40 minute match
> [{quoted}](name=notsoimportant,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=t3f4RW7o,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T18:57:21.107+0000) > > Ok and? > Not everyone is playing for fun in iron, > Some people actually like winning games, > > and waiting a little longer **For a game that isn't determined by the worst player / who isn't playing their role** doesn't matter. > > I'll wait > I'll wait up to a hour honestly anything longer and we got some problems xd > > I like having 20 minute matches, > not these 30-40 minute games that were ruined by some ape not playing correctly/ not caring because he was autofilled and first timing whatever champ. > > I'd rather wait a hour for a 20 minute match > rather than wait 5 minutes for a 40 minute match Why do you assume that everyone in iron is only playing for fun? I play ti win, but would rather lose than not play at all. If winning is so important to you then maybe AI games are more your speed. There is no defined "skill" associated with any rank. Everything is relative to the player base. If you remove the braindead rats and apes that like to refer to out of ranked games, iron will still be the lowest 2%. If you took the grandmaster+ on to their own server, 20 of them would end up in iron. Maybe you would rather wait an hour to get into one game. I can't speak for the community, but I'm guessing that if that's what most people wanted, it would be implemented. I'm sure that riot has pretty detailed statistics on how wait times affect the total number of active players.
: > [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=t3f4RW7o,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T17:46:07.557+0000) > > Nobody wants it but it's a necessary thing unless you have a solution to make sure there are the same number of players in each role. > > They would either have to have crazy long wait times or expand the mmr range for games. > > As it is I'm an iron 4 support and the average rank in my games is bronze 2. In my game yesterday, the lowest enemy was 4 ranks above me and their jungle was 9 ranks above me....and guess who was his favorite target.. . > > So if you are a mid laner with no autofill, you will always get your lane, but might have to wait 20 minutes to play and end up with an iron support in your gold game. Is that better for you? Yeah i wont end up with a [Citation Needed] in my gold games. Thats not how match making works or ever will.
> [{quoted}](name=notsoimportant,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=t3f4RW7o,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T18:43:22.786+0000) > > Yeah i wont end up with a brain dead rat in my gold games. > > Thats not how match making works or ever will. You are right it won't do that with matchmaking. So then you will have longer than 20 minute waits for a game.
: > [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=t3f4RW7o,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-31T15:54:29.078+0000) > > Problem: it ceases to properly function if it's a toggle. If it's an option to not do it **nobody** will do it. > > That's...quite the false dichotomy you have there. If nobody would enable autofill if they had the option to have it disabled then let them disable it. Then no one wants auto fill. So get rid of autofill
> [{quoted}](name=notsoimportant,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=t3f4RW7o,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T15:57:44.770+0000) > > If nobody would enable autofill if they had the option to have it disabled then let them disable it. > Then no one wants auto fill. > > So get rid of autofill Nobody wants it but it's a necessary thing unless you have a solution to make sure there are the same number of players in each role. They would either have to have crazy long wait times or expand the mmr range for games. As it is I'm an iron 4 support and the average rank in my games is bronze 2. In my game yesterday, the lowest enemy was 4 ranks above me and their jungle was 9 ranks above me....and guess who was his favorite target.. . So if you are a mid laner with no autofill, you will always get your lane, but might have to wait 20 minutes to play and end up with an iron support in your gold game. Is that better for you?
: Riots LP gains for TFT
It would only be the same if everyone in the game is at the exact same MMR. If you are gaining less for 1st than 8th, it means that the expectation is that you are more likely to get a 1st place than an 8th place. Getting one of each is playing below expectations and you should drop. The good news is that your rank is relative to other players. If you are getting an imbalance in LP gains and losses, then so is everyone else at your MMR. All you have to do to move up is play better than them. Even if you don't gain LP and they lose, you still move up.
: Is MMR the Same for all roles still?
From what I understand you still have different mmr per role, but only one rank now.
GankLord (NA)
: There are already enough champions with "unique and flashy abilities" so yes I think the majority of people would be fine with a simple champion design.
> [{quoted}](name=GankLord,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RFrukNu2,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-30T17:01:40.044+0000) > > There are already enough champions with "unique and flashy abilities" so yes I think the majority of people would be fine with a simple champion design. While I'm less concerned about flashy, I'd expect any new champions to have unique abilities. What would be the point of introducing a new champion if it brings nothing new to the game?
HeeroTX (NA)
: According to you, almost EVERY support player would opt into ticking the box because THEN they get to be with a first choice (ie. not AF) adc, rather than "who knows what". (Also, I main adc, but secondary support, so if you give me the checkbox, I'll ALWAYS have support as my second choice)
> [{quoted}](name=HeeroTX,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IEoKbmZH,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-29T15:59:24.421+0000) > > According to you, almost EVERY support player would opt into ticking the box because THEN they get to be with a first choice (ie. not AF) adc, rather than "who knows what". > > (Also, I main adc, but secondary support, so if you give me the checkbox, I'll ALWAYS have support as my second choice) If you check the box with support as your secondary, you will get support far more often than adc because of the shortage of support. The only thing the box will do then is make sure you only get those two. As a low elo support main, I would not check the box because I already get my main most of the time and that system would increase the chances that the other teams support is autofilled giving me an advantage.
: > [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dzl0zhX8,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-28T23:49:03.539+0000) > > How many times has the game forced you to be the inting trolling player? > > For the matchmaker to rig the games to put inters on your team, it would first have to determine that it is your turn to lose, then control your teammates games to make sure they int and troll. > > Maybe I'm just lucky, but every mistake I make is mine. I've yet to have a game where my controls stopped working and the game played for me and forced me to play bad because someone on my team was on a win streak. I do not int or troll, that's the most useless waste of time. Not control my teammates, place me with those who already fail in a number of previous matches. I don't even...
> [{quoted}](name=smurf4niki,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dzl0zhX8,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-10-28T23:54:37.934+0000) > > I do not int or troll, that's the most useless waste of time. > > Not control my teammates, place me with those who already fail in a number of previous matches. > > I don't even... In order to have predetermined results, the matchmaker would have to know someone is going to int or troll before they actually do and put them on your team. To make sure that happens, everyone will have to int or troll at some point. Since you don't int or troll and I don't, then there is a flaw in your logic.
: so when are u gonna fix the rigged matchmaking?
> [{quoted}](name=smurf4niki,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dzl0zhX8,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-10-28T23:39:40.869+0000) > > Its obvious you get predetermined games. Its not possible to get an inting trolling players every time an important match is played, or when you win too many. Its not posible to get a damn whole division lower player, and 4 team mates with 40% and lower than 40% winrate. How many times has the game forced you to be the inting trolling player? For the matchmaker to rig the games to put inters on your team, it would first have to determine that it is your turn to lose, then control your teammates games to make sure they int and troll. Maybe I'm just lucky, but every mistake I make is mine. I've yet to have a game where my controls stopped working and the game played for me and forced me to play bad because someone on my team was on a win streak.
: Master Tier LP Decay (-250LP/day)
I think it's not designed because of boosters even though it helps. It's to make sure that the top of the leaderboards are populated by active players. You don't want the list of top 1000 players filled with inactive players.
Lunatist (EUW)
: Repeating what someone said to me to explain to other players why they should report him? That doesn't only seems quite unfair but really stupid too IMO. Players like this should be banned on the spot, and instead of Riot using bots to give out suspension, they should use humans to do it, because a robot cannot understand the context of the words used.
> [{quoted}](name=Lunatist,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xkH9bf3T,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-27T13:33:55.830+0000) > > Repeating what someone said to me to explain to other players why they should report him? That doesn't only seems quite unfair but really stupid too IMO. Players like this should be banned on the spot, and instead of Riot using bots to give out suspension, they should use humans to do it, because a robot cannot understand the context of the words used. Why do you need other people to report them? Your report is enough.
: RANK solo/duo need to FIX FIX FIX NOW
It's not fair, but it's also not fair to gain LP just because someone on the other team goes afk or intentionally feeds. Have to take both sides and it would suck to to great early and get nothing because someone on the other team afks.
: LP loss on a 5th place Demotion
And I only lost 5 Lp for an 8th place last week because I wasn't at zero. It balances out in the long run.
: Funnel strat still exists
It always has existed, but right now it's not impossible to deal with. If that were the case, you'd see it every game at every level.
: have you never played a sports game outside with someone who obviously can't keep up? the losing team will get annoyed with them pretty quickly and they won't get a time out for shit talking them either
> [{quoted}](name=DoranShieldOp,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=w0H8h5c7,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-17T21:58:18.837+0000) > > have you never played a sports game outside with someone who obviously can't keep up? the losing team will get annoyed with them pretty quickly and they won't get a time out for shit talking them either My son plays baseball and the ones that obviously can't keep up are encouraged and lifted by everyone....especially his teammates. The weakest player got his first hit mid season and the whole team cleared the dugout to high five him at first. The player that was shot talking everyone's mistakes? Everyone stopped talking to him by the 3rd game. The coach started putting him last on the batting order and he quit 2 weeks later.
LH2RN2P2 (NA)
: League of Legends Wild Rift
I thought I heard that it was going to be cross platform.
Cdore (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MgNGMl3h,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-15T13:44:44.711+0000) > > Riot could probably add in that measure, although they kinda have it in the form of the letter ranks. > > However, the problem with scaling LP gains/losses off of that is that it encourages score padding over actually winning. If you're behind you'd be encouraged to pad your score more rather than make plays that could turn the game around, which is bad for very obvious reasons. > > Also, you can't keep average LP gains higher than losses, otherwise it adds too much LP to the system and can throw things off. It's hard to pad your score if all the variables account for a winning game. There's a lot of specifics you cannot account for, but honestly, the concept of a solo ranking system for a 5v5 game is already a broken idea in the first place. At least basing it off your in game performance is a lot more truer than what we currently have.
> [{quoted}](name=Cdore,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MgNGMl3h,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T13:48:54.879+0000) > > It's hard to pad your score if all the variables account for a winning game. There's a lot of specifics you cannot account for, but honestly, the concept of a solo ranking system for a 5v5 game is already a broken idea in the first place. At least basing it off your in game performance is a lot more truer than what we currently have. The problem is that even if all variables are factored they have to be perfectly balanced to make sure that focusing on anything specific doesn't give an unfair advantage in climbing over someone that contributed equally but didn't get the right stat. Add that what is important changes based on the game situation. A kill that allows your team to take an objective is worth more than one that doesn't even if your are not the one to take it. How do you account for that? Another example: As leona, I dive on the key enemy and stun and cc them dying, but it allows my team to win a fight they would have lost otherwise, then proceed to rush middle taking 3 towers, an inhibitor and the nexus while I'm dead waiting to respawn. I get one assist and one death when the rest of the team gets multiple kills, assists and objectives.....none of which would have been accomplished without me. If the system can't accurately account for plays like that and give fair credit, then it is no better than the current system in ranking people and far more complicated.
: TFT ranked match-making
One of the nice things about the ranking in tft is that everything is off your individual skill. Even of you are in a mismatched game, your gains and losses will reflect how you did compared to how you were expected to do. Think of each match as seven individual games. You win against everyone you place higher than and lose to everyone lower. A bronze in an all platinum game (not likely to happen) is expected to come in 8th will not lose much if they go 2-5 (6th) and might even gain going 3-4 (5th) if the top ranks finish lower than them.
Ventace (NA)
: AFK LP Compensation
And of someone on the other team afks, then you would only gain 17 instead of 20?
Eybdoog (NA)
: Why Does This Keep Getting Deleted from Gameplay Board?
> [{quoted}](name=Eybdoog,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xNVALLYV,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-10-11T02:53:11.748+0000) > > This is getting ridiculous actually. This post has been deleted from gameplay boards. I am not trolling at all. These are my honest opinions about the state of the game. I'm being told that my "conspiracy theories" do not warrant any discussion. The only conspiracy theory I bring up is that it seems like 50% of games are scripted. And by that I mean predetermined in matchmaking and champ select > > Below is my third attempt at posting the same message > > "So it’s starting to get weird with all the censorship on the boards. Perhaps we aren’t crazy after all and Riot is trying to prevent the truth from being revealed. > > I’m reposting my message that got deleted for some reason about the current game state below. Some may call it a rant but I call it the truth from my perspective. I want to love this game like I used to but lately it’s been hard if not impossible. Please take this seriously Riot Dev Team > > “This game is undoubtedly in the worst state it has ever been. > > It's painful to play this game in more than 50% of games either because of matchmaking balance issues or simply the game itself is so poorly balanced > > Wins feel like meh > > Losses are actually painful and feel like psychological torture > > So many champions have ABSURD hitboxes > > Bugs galore > > Overloaded kits > > Even watching pro games seems like a joke > > I watch my replays and there is legit nothing I can do to win games. This should be a rare occurrence but it happens in about 50% of games. > > Call me crazy but I feel like these games are actually scripted (maybe not in pro)” > > Added: a lot of people complain about damage being too high. While I agree damage is currently high it’s not necessarily too high. The problem is that when you get a lead your relative power offers too much room for error. Or conversely when you are behind (not always but most of the time) there’s nothing you can do besides sit and wait for the enemy to make a mistake (sometimes several). If they don’t make a mistake then it’s just 10-20+ minutes of waiting to lose. Hard to play. Hard to watch. Needs to be fixed for long term health" How many time has the game picked your champion for you? How many time has the game taken control and made you play well or poorly? For the game to be scripted, that would have to happen to everyone. You surely don't believe that the matched are scripted just to affect your results and no one else's.
: Unless it requires 5 votes or more to report a feeder. But having 2 laners being 2/13 in a game when you're 13/2 doesn' make it fair on you, is it? especially if one of your 2/13 laners is unranked playing vs a plat 5 or higher. Or someone on your team rage quits halfway through the game or ints your lane. How is that fair? The system i am proposing protects you from players who are intentionally ruining your games, which has happened to me in 8 of my last 10 games with 0 repercussions for them. How is that fair? And that isn't happening to me alone. Also it will improve the integrity of ranked games instead of ruining it, as will help people actually try to win games instead of losing them intentionally. And are you honestly trying to tell me there aren't people at the moment who are diamond with bronze skills?
> [{quoted}](name=MonsterWithout,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xGQlwOkE,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-10-08T17:20:21.817+0000) > > Unless it requires 5 votes or more to report a feeder. But having 2 laners being 2/13 in a game when you're 13/2 doesn' make it fair on you, is it? especially if one of your 2/13 laners is unranked playing vs a plat 5 or higher. Or someone on your team rage quits halfway through the game or ints your lane. How is that fair? The system i am proposing protects you from players who are intentionally ruining your games, which has happened to me in 8 of my last 10 games with 0 repercussions for them. How is that fair? And that isn't happening to me alone. Also it will improve the integrity of ranked games instead of ruining it, as will help people actually try to win games instead of losing them intentionally. And are you honestly trying to tell me there aren't people at the moment who are diamond with bronze skills? Here's the thing. If you go 13/2, then by your own logic, it's not because you played well, but because the other team had feeders. As a result, you shouldn't gain LP because you you didn't actually earn it. If going 13/2 is a measure of good play, then isn't it possible that 2/13 is because of good play on the other team? I've had bad games where I get outsmarted a couple times, try a different approach and it seems like the other play knew what i was going to try and is there waiting and before you know it you are 0/4 and still trying to find a weakness to exploit.
: Feeding/Trolling in Ranked games
> [{quoted}](name=MonsterWithout,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xGQlwOkE,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-10-08T16:47:34.201+0000) > > Is it just me wondering why isn't there a system, that prevents you from losing LP if someone feeds your game? Something similar to the Remake system and making much more sense than someone losing LP because his client crashed. So if someone goes on a feeding spree his team can choose to report him, making him take the full extent of the loss and preventing them from losing LP because they had bad luck... That would make ranked games much more enjoyable, much more fair and make people think twice before feeding. It will also expose people playing on shared accounts in an ELO where they don't belong. Every game has feeders. If not, no one would get fed and every game would be a stalemate.
: What does reporting for leaving/afk do?
I use it when someone disconnects after saying something of their intentions beforehand (I'm done, I quit, etc) or if they disconnect right after a failed ff. The leaverbuster might catch most of it, but the report might help identify patterns for bigger punishments.
: Btw it's my OP GG currently i am playing EUNE because i want to test some new builds before my main acc, but that's not important: https://eune.op.gg/summoner/userName=ZadloBoze2010PL As you can see, my mainly losses are about smurfing ( in the enemy team) or autofill. My last 4 losses were: 1. 2X smurfs 2. Autofill 3. Afk autofill and afk happens...but what about smufing? I have just met 4x smufs during maybe 2-3 days.
> [{quoted}](name=SkarnerfChief,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=U1o8cRnM,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-10-07T02:02:17.578+0000) > > Btw it's my OP GG currently i am playing EUNE because i want to test some new builds before my main acc, but that's not important: > > > https://eune.op.gg/summoner/userName=ZadloBoze2010PL > > > As you can see, my mainly losses are about smurfing ( in the enemy team) or autofill. My last 4 losses were: > 1. 2X smurfs > 2. Autofill > 3. Afk > > autofill and afk happens...but what about smufing? I have just met 4x smufs during maybe 2-3 days. Complaining about smurfs while playing on a smurf account?
Ok Azir (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Skorpio,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OAnwBRI3,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-07T17:40:13.899+0000) > > The mastery thing is stupid and should/will never happen. You need x amount of champions (20 now?) to queue for ranked due to picks and bans. Do you have that many level 7 champions? You've stayed you're a one trick, so doubt it. Or what if someone wants you to first pick for them, you would need to have this champion level 7 to pick. The game doesn't know if you're trading or not. I don't play Pyke but right now I can first pick him if requested. Good point on the first pick thing. And it doesnt have to be M7. I just think some sort of restriction. Like maybe you have to have at least 20k on a champ. Something like this. Just something to prevent people from playing ranked on a champ they never play and dont know how to use
> [{quoted}](name=Ok Azir,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OAnwBRI3,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-10-07T17:45:40.230+0000) > > Good point on the first pick thing. And it doesnt have to be M7. I just think some sort of restriction. Like maybe you have to have at least 20k on a champ. Something like this. Just something to prevent people from playing ranked on a champ they never play and dont know how to use I have 20k on a top lane champion that I haven't played in more than 2 years and have never played in ranked. I couldn't even tell you what his abilities are. He is also my main pick if I ever get filled top.. How does any restriction help here?
: The point of the idea isn't to lower other people's chances but for the player who doesn't want to off-role to be guaranteed it via sacrificing their time. Other people's chances shouldn't be lowered if they don't have the box ticked because the people who do have it ticked are basically saying that they will eat the time penalty in order to secure their role. I am sure it could be implemented so that the matchmaking system can differentiate and not harm players who have Autofill enabled.
> [{quoted}](name=Ojamaparty,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1l2kv0rm,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2019-10-07T16:49:54.172+0000) > > The point of the idea isn't to lower other people's chances but for the player who doesn't want to off-role to be guaranteed it via sacrificing their time. Other people's chances shouldn't be lowered if they don't have the box ticked because the people who do have it ticked are basically saying that they will eat the time penalty in order to secure their role. I am sure it could be implemented so that the matchmaking system can differentiate and not harm players who have Autofill enabled. It will increase everyone else's chances for being autofilled. Let's say you play flex with 4 friends and none of you want to play support. The fair thing to do would be to rotate the support role. Every 5th game you have to play support. Now you decide you never want to play support. The other 4 players now have to rotate and now they are playing every 4th game as support. Their chance to get "filled" goes from 20% to 25% while you never have to. Every person that opts out of autofill increases the percentage of games that everyone else has to get autofilled.
Yets4240 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9NgvTW6A,comment-id=000000000000000000010001,timestamp=2019-10-06T14:08:28.644+0000) > > There are not enough iron players right now. Over the summer is was getting all iron games and I'd wait 10 minutes just to have someone dodge. I only play when I have an hour uninterrupted, so after 15 minutes of waiting I'm done without having played at all. > > I'm iron 4 and I get games like that with silver players. In fact I'm usually the only iron player in games where the average rank is bronze 2 or bronze 3 and the silvers are always silver 4. > > I don't feel the games I'm in are total mismatches. I win about 45% of my games and if I pull of a "b" or better i almost always win....and it feels great when you outplay someone 8 ranks above you. > > There are not enough active players on the lower ranks to avoid having some of them play together. The lower ranks hold over half of all players. Seriously, I4 to S4 is roughly half the entire ladder.
> [{quoted}](name=Yets4240,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9NgvTW6A,comment-id=0000000000000000000100010000,timestamp=2019-10-06T20:17:33.670+0000) > > The lower ranks hold over half of all players. Seriously, I4 to S4 is roughly half the entire ladder. Iron 4 to silver 4 is 29% of the ladder with 10% of that at silver 4.....much less than half. Of the remaining 19%, 11 is bronze 1 or 2. There 12k less iron players than diamond+ so any high elo matchmaking problem due to the low number of players at that elo are worse in iron.....and I would guess that diamond players play a lot more games per day than iron. That's why iron players end up in bronze and silver games.
: honor system ifluences matchmaking ?
> [{quoted}](name=BlueSky325,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Xpz3sg8E,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-10-06T18:10:28.693+0000) > > So I didn't see the honor badge on any of my teammates or my enemys for a really long time on any of my two accounts where I have the level 0 honor (not proud of ir :'( ), so I'm wondering if riot pairs the low honor players with each other. They have said multiple times that they don't support a "prisoner island ". Matches are based on your mmr and selected position. Nothing else.
Exibir mais

Unker139

Nível 89 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão