puśsý (NA)
: Season 10 makes or breaks it.
Used to be towers protected you; now you spend the whole game protecting your towers. Enemy just dives right under them.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: CertainlyT left league btw
Yeah... people hate on him way too much. He as much said he likes to design champions for players to find ways to play around them on their own. He once said, "make us nerf it." I don't agree with everything he made either, but he also has made some fun champions including the Warwick rework, Thresh, and Darius if I'm not mistaken.
Nasakeki (NA)
: Just delete Yuumi, please.
Not to sound rude, but... what did you expect? This has been the normal roll out for every champion and rework for about three seasons. Champion gets released/reworked ----> optional hotfix ----> Champion is too strong or breaks some fundamental part of the game ----> champion eats several nerfs ----> Nerfs don't fix the issue, proceed to change entire parts of their kit removing bits or changing range values. Then ad infinitum for about a year or more until that champ stops being OP and everyone forgets about them and they fall off the radar for not being a champion currently causing trouble. Then wait longer until they decide OK it's time to rework that champion again. Think I'm making it up? Look at Azir, look at Akali, or Aatrox, or Kench, or even Ekko (went through that tank Ekko phase then they removed his slow and after he was released too strong then ate a bunch of nerfs). Been pretty much the same routine for a few years up to this last champion release.
: Delete Zhonyas/Stopwatch
You're right, this entire game is just mashing buttons with no skill, amirite? Should just delete it. : )
KiddFly (NA)
: 80miles... Because somehow all 6 California locations are in LA. There's other cities in the state guys... San Diego, 8th biggest pop in US... San Fran, 15th.
Yeah, same here, there's no internet cafe anywhere near my location. Would need to drive almost six hours to reach the closest location.
: So, i was 0/5 Mundo jungle and i solo-killed a 7/1 Jayce 1 level above me..
If only there was some items and a rune that could counter a healing juggernaut... oh wait there is. Cut down exists, mortal reminder exists {{item:3033}} , and if you don't want to build the whole thing executioners calling for only 800g exists if you just want to sit on it {{item:3123}} . Mages get Morellnomicon {{item:3165}} that easily fits into any build. Mundo is good, but lets not exaggerate. If no one wants to take Cut down when that tool is available to you that literally gives you 15% increased damage against him just because he builds a lot of health then you can't complain if he runs over someone. If your playing a mage and you blow someone up because they build no magic resist it's not because that mage is OP.
: Yeah...That's generally what Mundo does whenever viable. He runs people down and beats the shit out of them. Dude's fundamentally flawed and in dire need of a rework. Not enough to make him higher priority than others up for it (because, dear god, does Fiddle need to be reworked), but he needs one pretty damn badly to make him actually take a brain to play.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=l1TXdlox,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-03T12:59:58.988+0000) > > Yeah...That's generally what Mundo does whenever viable. He runs people down and beats the shit out of them. > > Dude's fundamentally flawed and in dire need of a rework. Not enough to make him higher priority than others up for it (because, dear god, does Fiddle need to be reworked), but he needs one pretty damn badly to make him actually take a brain to play. Like Akali or Sylas? Careful what you wish for.
: > [{quoted}](name=Cry4 Azykan,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eLBGKN3c,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2019-09-02T20:57:18.639+0000) > > he isnt a lane bully by any extent though HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
> [{quoted}](name=Scottsc20,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eLBGKN3c,comment-id=0002000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T22:00:49.034+0000) > > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Except this is accurate. He scales off having AP and HP together, and becomes much stronger as the game goes on. Early game his damage is not very high. Mostly he relies on range and auto attacking the opponent down low and rarely is able to kill someone that early. Besides, his specialty is match ups into melee to begin with. It's like saying... why yes the champion IS good at the thing he is supposed to be good at. Go figure.
: For the love of anything holy nerf fucking Vladimir
Vlad's damage is only high when he combos out on someone. When he "one shots" someone he is going through his entire combo on someone who has to be within his short range. He has almost no crowd control except a slow on E if you are next to him and his W when he uses it to avoid damage drains his health considerably. The one thing he does well is have a strong all in. What you are describing is just that in the games you have played so far your team didn't respect his all in potential or build anti healing. I don't play top lane to know his counters, but I'm sure there are plenty of them. I know Cho'gath can make laning phase awful for him for example. The silence on Cho W stops him from pooling away and if he ever gets low from using abilities he can R and insta kill.
: It was to make roaming more punishable not to stop pushing as 4 what are you talking about
> [{quoted}](name=Adequate Top,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4EYPv2mG,comment-id=00020002000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T20:47:02.667+0000) > > It was to make roaming more punishable not to stop pushing as 4 what are you talking about That may have been an added side effect, but the main reason was to slow down laning phase so champions had more time to reach their spikes and artificially lengthen out the game timer. It doesn't actually punish roaming unless you are pretty much never in lane. For example, the enemy jungler can gank you and force you out of lane. Their assassin mid laner and the jungler take plates, then the assassin just roams bot. Kills your bot lane, then comes back to mid. It also doesn't stop anyone from just pushing the wave in like normal, because you would have to push the wave back out to get to the turret to hit it and get it plates. Assassins also WANT you to be in lane so they can 1v1 you repeatedly. That's how assassins get fed and snow ball. Mages and other champions want to safely reach their ultimates to team fight, and while they can 1v1 someone they don't have as much power to all in as early. It's also bad because there are dozens of other reasons you might need to recall, the most obvious just being in a match up where you have been counter picked. Some champions are just also worse at taking turrets while giving a bonus to those who can for no reason. Also, most of the champions with higher early damage on auto attacks to take turrets are fighters or assassins. Therefore, it just gives an arbitrary bonus to a set of champions while taking it away from another, similar to when Scuttle crabs gave a huge amount of bonus (which is still a problem just less so after the nerfs). Now if the turret plates just gave extra defense and no gold that would be another story.
Shahamut (NA)
: What Skarner mains REALLY want...
I like Skarner as a champion and concept. I used to play him quite a bit. When the rework happened that was the end of it for me. Spires are one of the most feel bad passives in the entire game. They slow down your roaming, are tedious to change over, and unfun to use. "Hey enemy why don't you just step over here so I can fight you properly?" It's just not fun. Plus no one can ever decide if he's a tank or a fighter or a catcher.
: Female platinum/diamond player looking for help
Let us know what happened! Be curious if you make the team, and then can get people rooting for you. When I was in college esports were too new to have their own team. :( Would have been fun to try out.
: Draven still 1v5ing with right items.
Take an extra Blitzcrank or an Akali or {{item:3046}} on a champion or use Zephyr to remove them at the start of the fight. Also, Vi will frequently use her ability to the farthest person in the back line.
: Riot please please please please please revert sol
I don't think he makes sense as a generic burst mage, but by the same contrast the way his old kit worked isn't much better. His game play pattern is endlessly play keep away with the opponent and zone them out of any sort of actual combat, while at the same time he has always been extremely easy to punish by divers. Can't imagine how rough an Aurelion vs Sylas matchup must be. Particularly given that his personality is this super audacious (and sassy) dragon that completely goes against the keep away play style, because that's not the personality of a creature who stays at the edges of combat all the time. In his lore he is described as being able to breath out star fire that disintegrates what it hits. If I were to see an update to Aurelion what I would like to see is more reward for landing Q and R. The R especially looks like something that should do some real damage, and not just be a knock back tool.
: I think assassins would be healthier if Riot just went back to the philosophy they had 1-2 years ago
The trick is that assassins by nature are not really team fighting champions, they are meant to run in and quick burst a priority target and run out. That essentially means they aren't playing the same game as the rest of the 9 people who are with them. Every other role is focused around grouping up and team fighting. Some are better than others at team fighting, but regardless it usually boils down to group on a lane or at baron/dragon and team fight to win the game. An assassin wants nothing more than people to be solo on side lanes or where they can easily jump on their target out in the open. Attempting to accommodate that secondary play style is one of the reasons the game is so lop sided right now with Lethality, turret plating, and lack of defenses.
: 9.17 Client graphics change
In case it's not obvious it was to set up for Eternals. There is also a "progression" tab under each champion profile now.
: who is the anti ap version of malphite?
Seriously though it's Mundo {{champion:36}} . His E gives him free magic resist when he gets hit by a spell, and he has built in regeneration so he heals off poke, while also being able to farm from ranged. However, I'm guessing you are just talking about tanks, because if you expand that question to the entire roster as others have pointed out you have Galio, Kassadin, Malzahar, Morgana, Fizz (damage reduction), and Cho'gath to name a few. A lot of people forget Cho, but he heals when he kills minions and gets a lot of health. If you build an MR item on him he can tank magic damage well and then heal it off by killing minions, and his wave clear is good because he has 3 AOE abilities.
Hotarµ (NA)
: >rito james isn't going to revert And if we're being blunt, it probably shouldn't be reverted. What's the point of a rework? To get rid of old, outdated gameplay/mechanics and make the champion more popular. Unfortunately it's still a little too early to judge Pantheon's success but if a rework makes a champion's playrate and/or winrate rise, it is (almost always) considered _objectively_ successful and it doesn't make sense for Riot to revert it (unless it's highly controversial like Akali's.) It sucks to see Keegun and other dedicated Pantheon mains suffer and lose their champion and I hope a compromise can be found, but Riot _is_ a company and they should focus on the majority rather than the old minority.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HJeO6q2f,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-08-27T03:58:21.726+0000) > > And if we're being blunt, it probably shouldn't be reverted. What's the point of a rework? To get rid of old, outdated gameplay/mechanics and make the champion more popular. > > Unfortunately it's still a little too early to judge Pantheon's success but if a rework makes a champion's playrate and/or winrate rise, it is (almost always) considered _objectively_ successful and it doesn't make sense for Riot to revert it (unless it's highly controversial like Akali's.) > > It sucks to see Keegun and other dedicated Pantheon mains suffer and lose their champion and I hope a compromise can be found, but Riot _is_ a company and they should focus on the majority rather than the old minority. Every champion cannot be popular to EVERYBODY. The point is that someone enjoys the champion and finds mains. There are how many now... like 120 champions? They can't all be broadely popular and appealing to every person nor should they. League is supposed to have many different play styles and paths to choose from. Deleting a champion for being unpopular isn't a great idea. The mains playing that champion are a part of the general League player base they are trying to make Pantheon appealing to. Having said that new Pantheon is not terrible, needs better numbers and to be a little tankier though.
: Junglers still have way too much impact in solo que
Jungle has impact because it is a role focused around helping the team rotate on objectives and the entire game is about the team focus on objectives. Gee, who would have thought that the role dedicated to taking objectives has a lot of impact. No way!
: Please, Bring Shen To The Jungle!
Right so.. I can appreciate the enthusiasim, however, you should know Shen has always been able to jungle. He has percentage health damage on his Q and W blocks all attacks even from monsters. I've regularly jungled on Shen for the last few seasons and Foxdrop just did a video about it this last week.
: If you watch an 8000 health cho-gath walk up to someone after pressing Q and one shots them with R, do you call that balanced? If a Veigar presses Q R against anyone and walks away with a kill, do you call that balanced? If an Annie gets her Passive ready and one shots someone with an R Q W,do you call that balanced?
> [{quoted}](name=saphireflame123,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mMAzqLGr,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T09:02:44.138+0000) > > If you watch an 8000 health cho-gath walk up to someone after pressing Q and one shots them with R, do you call that balanced? > > If a Veigar presses Q R against anyone and walks away with a kill, do you call that balanced? > > If an Annie gets her Passive ready and one shots someone with an R Q W,do you call that balanced? I get what you're saying, but that's some crazy hyperbole there. To one shot anyone he has to run at them and whack them around with E and then use R (same as Darius). There are plenty of counters including just dodging Q or kiting him out. If he went for a full AP build then he will be super squishy. A Cho'gath with a few stacks and health items also don't normally get up to 8k hp. Normally it tops out somewhere around 4-5k unless the game goes really late. There are also plenty of counters to Veigar. So... balanced as compared to who? Who exactly do you think is more balanced and why?
: Is It Just Me or Is Hextech Broken Right Now?
They do well against item dependent teams, but they are pretty bad against team comps that rely more on their synergies. After all, none of the hextech champions overlap in type if you go for more than 2. The biggest issue hextech has right now is that it just lasts a bit too long. Shave a couple seconds off the timer and it's fine, although I don't think it should be able to shut down locket or zekes. The current most pressing concerns I have are that the champion pool is too large making it hard to find the right champions, and that there are still too many cases of players getting no items or getting a ton of items really early and running away with a game.
Rylalei (EUNE)
: Well, I don't think he'll believe it, he seems to think that he did everything perfect, was the one baiting, etc, but from what it's shown and how perfectly she executed everything, I'm leaning on believing that the one actually baiting was her and those "bad trades" she took were calculated.
> [{quoted}](name=Rylalei,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aNLo3j6e,comment-id=00070000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T18:08:29.651+0000) > > Well, I don't think he'll believe it, he seems to think that he did everything perfect, was the one baiting, etc, but from what it's shown and how perfectly she executed everything, I'm leaning on believing that the one actually baiting was her and those "bad trades" she took were calculated. In all fairness you are right about players being rewarded for landing combos. However, the argument is not whether you should be rewarded for landing the combo it's that the reward here is too high. Also, mechanical complexity is different for different people. Some people are naturally better at micro mechanics like chaining together combos. Sort of like the difference between street fighter or magic cards, where one is about positioning and chaining combos together and the other one is about strategic turn style game play. League as a game needs to reward multiple play styles, you should not get an auto win just because you can chain a combo together. By the same notion how much should a champion who is not an assassin be rewarded for landing their combo? What other champion will instant kill someone with their combo that early? Qiyana doesn't even bother me I'm just asking. Honestly she will probably just eat a damage nerf in a patch or two and her kit otherwise isn't that bad conceptually.
: > [{quoted}](name=GelsominoKiller,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aNLo3j6e,comment-id=00070000000100010000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T21:34:00.811+0000) > > I get what you're saying there! > > So Qiyana is fine and Annie is OP, especially in high elo. > > Thank for the laughs dude. I almost died in the effort of conceptualizing a champion at high level, the attempt near fried my two brain cells > > P.S., just for the memes: in Masters and above, Qiyana has 14% pickrate, 55% winrate and 43% banrate. Annie has 0.9% pickrate, 44% winrate and 0.8% banrate (which is probably a single missclick trying to ban Aatrox) and master yi has a fucking S++++++ 75.93% win rate globally in challenger with 2% pick rate jax has 57.93% winshares 10.8% pick rate so wtf is actually busted?
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aNLo3j6e,comment-id=000700000001000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T21:38:33.094+0000) > > and master yi has a fucking > S++++++ > 75.93% win rate globally in challenger with 2% pick rate > > jax has > 57.93% winshares > 10.8% pick rate > > so wtf is actually busted? I don't actually feel that strongly about the other arguments being made, but just want to point out that if you are talking anywhere near high diamond and above those numbers get extremely skewed. For example, if you are only looking at a sample size of a thousand or so players out of the millions that play League who are above Diamond and let say 3 of those play Malphite for whatever reason and happen to be doing well then all of a sudden you have like a 70% WR in higher than diamond games just because of those couple players. It's like when you check op.gg for runes. Most of the time the runes they are taking are directly from the right side menu of the top 5 people who play the champion. Sometimes the WR's on those runes are massively skewed, because it can be the same person trying different builds, and one of the builds didn't work or the champion is naturally weak to say magic damage threats or so on. Then it looks like every time that champion takes armor instead of magic resist shards their win rate goes up, but actually it's just that they would be taking MR to try to help vs a counter pick where they are already at a disadvantage. While high elo does show us what an extremely good player on a champion can do it also doesn't have anywhere near the number of players to compare stats with.
Kazekiba (NA)
: What was the point of making Jayce a bad guy and Viktor a "misunderstood genius"? Why did Riot decide "hey this guy literally modeled after the Golden era Superman should be a right [jerk] for no reason. And in exchange, MechaHitler wants to exterminate all organic life but he's really just a good guy who didn't get laid in college :'("
> [{quoted}](name=Kazekiba,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WnMvPPNg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-22T15:06:53.573+0000) > > What was the point of making Jayce a bad guy and Viktor a "misunderstood genius"? > > Why did Riot decide "hey this guy literally modeled after the Golden era Superman should be a right [jerk] for no reason. And in exchange, MechaHitler wants to exterminate all organic life but he's really just a good guy who didn't get laid in college :'(" Well, actually it was always that way ever since his inception. Original Viktor lore was something about he created Blitzcrank, and another professor guy claimed credit for it, and Viktor feeling unappreciated and unrecognized disappeared into the depths of Zaun to continue his cyborg creating work more obsessed than ever. He was never actually a bad guy. He is like the Doctor Doom of League. He believes he's doing necessary things that will help enhance peoples lives, and it's just that everyone keeps getting in his way. Notice how (as far as I know) he is never represented as going out of his way to be maleficent or evil to those around him. In fact, in the new lore he helps Zaunites with disabilities by giving them robo parts. Jayce by contrast is your typical overly smug super hero. People hate on him because he's an arrogant jerk, but the general populace doesn't know that. Of course, maybe I'm bias... I just don't like Jayce either.
: YoU cAnT cAlL pEoPlE tRaSh
See, here's the thing... you CAN say it. You will just tilt your teammates, make them play worse, create a toxic environment and then eventually get banned. However, it is totally your option to do so.
: nope but it forces them to play something else than their 30% winrate champ. and that gamble is better imo
> [{quoted}](name=Jennifer420,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BF5djtHf,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T00:36:13.904+0000) > > nope but it forces them to play something else than their 30% winrate champ. and that gamble is better imo Yeah... in my experience EVERY time someone does that they just troll pick something and int the rest of the game because they can't play the other champion and feed 10 kills in 7 minutes. You do bad things to people you get bad things in return. Call it Karma (not the champion :P).
: When will inting trash like this ever get dealt with?
It's just a picture showing that they have assists, but died a lot. There is no context here, or whether they helped win the game. Presumably they might have died a lot helping to catch enemies in skirmishes, we have no idea. Also, maybe they were just bad and was auto filled in low elo. They still managed to get 14 assists regardless. Now if they were running it down mid then that would be obvious.
Vecturn (NA)
: Why is Force of Nature wearable?
Because it would cause issues if you sold the champion it was attached to and the bench was full etc. Rather than having to code in special interactions for every time your team could go up or down a size while it's being moved around they just used a linear approach that the item is always on.
Cräfty (EUW)
: 9.16 meta: Brawlers and Hextech are the " flash " of TFT!
I can't say I have an issue with brawlers. My current problem is the pool is too watered down aka too many champions in the pool. If you get less than spectacular RNG it can take nearly the whole game to star up your champions. At one point earlier today I refreshed 5 times looking to star up just one champion and couldn't find any of the six I currently had.
Bazerka (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bad Footwear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eKtfBnRu,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-08-19T21:51:16.876+0000) > > I dunno, quick and dirty has always worked for me. Genuine question here and not being snarky: Have you done comms for a large game studio before? I tend to agree quick and raw works for me too, but only in certain circumstances (for instance if I have 1:1 time with the person I'm talking too so they can see my body language and ready more cues from me than just written or video words). Imo the circumstances dictate the type of response required :)
> [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eKtfBnRu,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-19T23:03:23.856+0000) > > Genuine question here and not being snarky: Have you done comms for a large game studio before? I tend to agree quick and raw works for me too, but only in certain circumstances (for instance if I have 1:1 time with the person I'm talking too so they can see my body language and ready more cues from me than just written or video words). Imo the circumstances dictate the type of response required :) This is why a creator vlog would go a long way to helping with some of the miscommunication. Could do once or twice a week and put it in the news section. On a side note I don't mind the idea of eternals, they just seem a bit expensive per champion. Also, mastery flares don't do much for me, people only use the mastery emote to annoy enemies. I would take a special border or something when playing that champion, or an icon though. Ty for engaging with people on the boards. I don't use twitter and rarely scan reddit. Social media may be the best way to get news, but it's also draining to be checking multiple different social media sites every day.
: This could potentially stop some communication that was mixed in with cursing. "If you **kill yourself** on the turret to draw their attention then we can take the baron." Well... that just got caught, and now our poor player has no idea what his teammates want him to do because of DEMACIAAAA
> [{quoted}](name=wolfclaw3812,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Azx810qq,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-20T02:41:22.071+0000) > > This could potentially stop some communication that was mixed in with cursing. > "If you **kill yourself** on the turret to draw their attention then we can take the baron." > Well... that just got caught, and now our poor player has no idea what his teammates want him to do because of DEMACIAAAA Fair, but normally you just ping that stuff instead of typing it out. I think it would actually be fun to have swear words replaced by sayings from each of the regions. Particularly if they got some of their own swear words, but we wouldn't actually know what they are. Like, how do you say someone is a blighter in Zaunite? Who knows?! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: As a Main Support, I REALLY miss Frost Queen, Talisman of Ascencion and Face of The Mountain
The current items are actually weaker for vision as you cannot rush the vision portion. The quest has to be completed first. In the past you could rush straight to your sight stone if you wanted to.
: Match making attempts to force us to ~50% winrate, riot justifies champ balance by winrate....
They never actually said it forces a 50% win rate, they said that according to your MMR at current it assumes the match is an even split. There hasn't been any background features which track WHY you're at that MMR; good or bad. I do think there's some heavy anti win streak stuff going on in the background since it seems to kick in exactly at 10 games win/lose which I would have said is coincidental at first, but has been going on like this for several seasons. Having said that, if we're using WR to talk about champ balance that is not going to be heavily affected by some anti win rate mechanic. It's how often that champ wins when played by people of different skill levels, across varying brackets, and in thousands of games. A few may be outliers due to bad team mates, but they aren't ALL going to be like that.
Comentários de Rioters
: Addressing The Supposed "Very Non-Traditional" Marksman Leak
I'm going to say it's a Jinx skin to be perfectly honest. I'm only guessing, but multiple weapons including a large back mounted cannon and two mini guns sounds like Jinx. If it is a new character not much we can know about them yet. Don't think it's Senna though. We've seen Senna in other stories and she doesn't look like that.
: So, when will I be able to play against Rengar in lane?
Well, I'm not a top laner, but theoretically couldn't you just play Maokai? Put saplings in the bushes.
: Pyke has officially taken Yasuos place as my most hated champion.
No for me. My least favorite champion to play against of all time is Fizz {{champion:105}} . Yasuo is somewhere in the top 5, but not at the top or paired with Pyke.
AhmCha (NA)
: Season 7: This is the worst season of League ever
I liked season 7, even with the issues it had. Was better than dynamic que and not as bad as the stuff that followed. I started in season 4, which was okay, but it was an assassin heavy meta during the time Khazix and Rengar were really popular and Zed was still highly played. For me at least, 4 and 5 were okay, 6 was awful, 7 I had fun with, 8 and 9 have just been completely frustrating.
: what's the biggest moba after league?
Arena of Valor has a fairly large amount of players, also owned by Tencent, and can play it on your phone. Although the moba genre is always going to be plagued by the same issues. Champions that get too strong and problems with imbalance, along with an environment where relying on your teammates for every game can drive people crazy. Teamwork among strangers can be tricky.
Sillae (NA)
: That's what everyone *else* is recommending. You said to match this new skin with the Ultimate's in terms of unique recalls and idles. "Need to have it match spirit guard udyr because on that skin he has specific animations for each stance attack and different way of standing."
> [{quoted}](name=Sillae,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=v9EYp6fW,comment-id=000800000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-01T20:00:18.796+0000) > > That's what everyone *else* is recommending. > > You said to match this new skin with the Ultimate's in terms of unique recalls and idles. > > "Need to have it match spirit guard udyr because on that skin he has specific animations for each stance attack and different way of standing." I'm recommending the same thing, I'm just suggesting doing it by using the animations from a skin that already exists. The SG skin has different animations for each stance. They can simply use the animations they already have for the update. You're just stating what has already been said. Your argument is you don't think they should be able to do that because it would de-value the skin or other skins by comparison to use the animation as part of an update. My argument is that trying to provide the posterity or integrity for a skin from 2013 isn't worth not giving Udyr better animations. There are other people who have made the more extreme argument that they should replace his base skin with Spirit Guard, but just using the stance animations would go a long way to fixing some of the issues with the way the new skin (Dragon Oracle) looks while attacking. If I have somehow misunderstood your argument then feel free to clarify. Otherwise agree to disagree.
Sillae (NA)
: Update the champion as a whole, not the specific skin.
> [{quoted}](name=Sillae,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=v9EYp6fW,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-01T13:10:33.093+0000) > > Update the champion as a whole, not the specific skin. Which is literally what this thread is about and what everyone is recommending. Thank you for clarifying that. From the original post at top of page: "Udyr isn't getting a VGU anytime soon, so please, give him at least a small animation update like you did with Jax. Please."
: The winrate of autofilled players is 75% lower than normal
Lets remove role selection so you can't be auto filled! Then you can't complain that you get whatever role it drops you in.
Sillae (NA)
: You mean his Ultimate skin? The kind that's supposed to be a cut above even the legendaries? The kind where if we made Epics and even Legendary skins to this quality it would diminish the value of Ultimates?
> [{quoted}](name=Sillae,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=v9EYp6fW,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-07-31T12:08:45.568+0000) > > You mean his Ultimate skin? The kind that's supposed to be a cut above even the legendaries? The kind where if we made Epics and even Legendary skins to this quality it would diminish the value of Ultimates? Yes, of course. Take a recent rework like Morde. Compared to the old version any of his new skins could be a Legendary skin or maybe even an Ultimate depending on which one you are using as a reference. Now that's just his normal look. Spirit guard was created in 2013, since then Riot has come a long way in the quality of their skins and models including the rigging. Just compare some of the older Legendaries as well like Brolaf, or Blood Lord Vladamir. They are cool skins, but by comparison of a recent Legendary skin like Odyssey Kayn or Eclipse Leona it's not close in quality. Spirit Guard Udyr at this point should practically be his base skin even if it used to be an Ultimate. Is there some particular reason you feel it would be better to leave Udyr with overall worse quality design for the sake of how it will compare to a skin that came out in 2013?
: For the love of Nagakabouros, give Udyr an animation update.
Need to have it match spirit guard udyr because on that skin he has specific animations for each stance attack and different way of standing.
: > [{quoted}](name=Velasan,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xO6ZarBI,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-29T17:14:46.537+0000) > I think most Swain mains would have preferred something in the middle. A modernization without deleting what the old character was. We played old Swain because we LIKED old Swain. Whatever someone else thought of his visuals or kit we were having fun with it. Old Swain was also certainly no worse than a lot of other champions that were far more frustrating to deal with or still are in the case of champions like Malzahar or Vladamir, or new champions with triple dashes and invisibility. > See there's a problem in your logic. Yes, Riot takes mains of a champion into consideration when reworking champions. However, you have to remember that there's an entire other part of the playerbase who exists. The mains matter, but they have to consider people who might be interested in what the champion COULD bring, but doesn't.
> [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xO6ZarBI,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-07-30T02:02:40.834+0000) > > See there's a problem in your logic. Yes, Riot takes mains of a champion into consideration when reworking champions. However, you have to remember that there's an entire other part of the playerbase who exists. The mains matter, but they have to consider people who might be interested in what the champion COULD bring, but doesn't. Considering it's subjective it's not about logic, only what the mains would have preferred. However, if we were to go by the standard of better for the player base as a whole it still wouldn't hold up well. Up until this last patch Swain was sporting under a 1% play rate. He has been one of the least picked champions in the game. Even after the rework he has continued to be extremely unpopular. Also, that's not a good idea just concept wise. Every so many years you rip a champion away from their mains to make them more popular to the general player base... and then what? Pretty soon everyone has had a main get yanked out from under them. You don't want to build up the notion that you could at any time rework a champion into something entirely different from what it was for the sake of the masses. Otherwise why main anything? Why get attached to any champion? And who decides what's popular and fun for everyone else?
Kazekiba (NA)
: Swain's level 2 combo of E->AA(pull) +Q, AA. If you hit both halves of the E it deals 70(+50% AP) damage + 25(+30% AP) on the pull, 63+46% AP for hitting 2 bolts on Q (72+52% for hitting 3) 167+132% AP at level 2 is a ton of damage, and then you add another 60 physical damage from the auto after. Add in Corrupting Potion's burn, minion damage, and the rune pops and its not going to be hard to hit 290-340 total damage, enough to drop close to half of anybody's level 2 itemless HP especially if they didnt go Doran's Shield. Perhaps the numbers are a bit lower than they used to be, and Swain used to hit much harder early than his current damage though.
> [{quoted}](name=Kazekiba,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xO6ZarBI,comment-id=0000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-07-29T18:48:27.080+0000) > > Swain's level 2 combo of E->AA(pull) +Q, AA. > > If you hit both halves of the E it deals 70(+50% AP) damage + 25(+30% AP) on the pull, 63+46% AP for hitting 2 bolts on Q (72+52% for hitting 3) > > 167+132% AP at level 2 is a ton of damage, and then you add another 60 physical damage from the auto after. > Add in Corrupting Potion's burn, minion damage, and the rune pops and its not going to be hard to hit 290-340 total damage, enough to drop close to half of anybody's level 2 itemless HP especially if they didnt go Doran's Shield. > Perhaps the numbers are a bit lower than they used to be, and Swain used to hit much harder early than his current damage though. That's the trick though right? Any champion landing their full combo has damage. However, when comparing to Swain as a champion Swain has a lot of AP ratios, but no other modifiers. He doesn't have any executes, missing health damage, or the like. Many rune pages for Swain take cheapshot/scorch to make up for that fact. With the maximum amount of starting AP you can have you land up 9 x 2 for 18 from stat shards another 15 from dorans ring for 33. So, even though he has all those scalings (and most of them aren't that high), you aren't getting much out of them until later into the game. In your example you also would have started corrupting potion and not dorans ring, bringing it lower to the base 18 AP. So, yes, there is damage in his kit somewhere just not as much as other champions full combos. Particularly at level 2. The comparison being made is not that Swain has no damage, it's that his damage is lower than other mid laners. Its also lower than most top laners, but there at least he has the advantage of being ranged and gets to harass from a distance, along with being more likely to land multiple Q bolts on a melee target. Can't speak for bot lane though, I don't play him as an ADC.
Kazekiba (NA)
: If youre getting top damage, either youre dishing boatloads of it during teamfights (which swain does) or youre an omega level lane bully. So yeah it does matter if you get top damage from the "hold" (I assume you meant 'whole' but can't think or type clearly in your blind rage) of the game, because it means Swain is excelling at something at some point. Swain's level 2 with Ignite and Electrocute is a guaranteed half health nuke. Land your combos, Swain hurts.
> [{quoted}](name=Kazekiba,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xO6ZarBI,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-29T17:22:01.886+0000) > > If youre getting top damage, either youre dishing boatloads of it during teamfights (which swain does) or youre an omega level lane bully. So yeah it does matter if you get top damage from the "hold" (I assume you meant 'whole' but can't think or type clearly in your blind rage) of the game, because it means Swain is excelling at something at some point. > > Swain's level 2 with Ignite and Electrocute is a guaranteed half health nuke. Land your combos, Swain hurts. I'm not entirely sure I 100% agree with the original poster, but they sure are getting a lot of strange replies. You don't seem to play Swain from your profile. On top of that, Swain doesn't have his combo until level 3 (not 2), which is E into pull, pull them on top of your W, then Q and auto attack. Most of the damage your describing comes from that an Electrocute page Swain is running Cheapshot and Electrocute together and they both trigger during that combo. In that case the damage is mostly coming from the runes and just being able to land everything. It won't half health anyone unless they are very squishy or haven't taken any defense on their rune page. You will get similar results from just about any mage doing the same thing, usually better. Take Velkoz for example, if you hit his combo at level 3 (in no particular order), it's Q, into W, into E, into second W, + auto attack, and triggers his passive. You will get better damage doing the same thing there compared to Swains combo using the same runes. Not that I'm nit picking a high damage mage having higher damage, just using it as an example because I play a lot of Velkoz.
: > [{quoted}](name=Gamer Life,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xO6ZarBI,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-29T16:59:04.408+0000) > > its not "ridiculous" the damage isnt there his ult is too slow at dishing out damage, his W is pointless. now isnt of Riot doing the minimum and uping his damage they decide to incress the range of his Q?? It's extremely rare that in a Swain game I don't get top damage, so I don't know where you're getting that. Also, his W isn't useless. How about you learn to hit it before calling it useless.
> [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xO6ZarBI,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-29T17:03:01.814+0000) > > It's extremely rare that in a Swain game I don't get top damage, so I don't know where you're getting that. Also, his W isn't useless. How about you learn to hit it before calling it useless. You get top damage in every game on Swain just by ulting in team fights. His overall damage is still quite low unless you are point blanking Q's into a melee target repeatedly. His current strengths have more to do with combo'ing off allies crowd control than burst damage. I'm guessing you knew that already though since you have at least 20 games with him in ranked.
: Show some love for Swain
As an old and new Swain player it's a mixed bag. The biggest issue with the changes they made to Swain was that they really didn't modernize him; they started over from scratch. Some of the best reworks (Nunu and Warwick in particular) just modernized the way their kits work rather than rewriting them. With Swain they rewrote his kit and visuals from the ground up. I think most Swain mains would have preferred something in the middle. A modernization without deleting what the old character was. We played old Swain because we LIKED old Swain. Whatever someone else thought of his visuals or kit we were having fun with it. Old Swain was also certainly no worse than a lot of other champions that were far more frustrating to deal with or still are in the case of champions like Malzahar or Vladamir, or new champions with triple dashes and invisibility. Compared to old Swain who had high single target damage and solid crowd control mixed with the ability to heal tank when necessary the new one doesn't have a clearly defined strength. He is strong against divers, but any champion with crowd control and a defense mechanic shares that strength. He doesn't have the damage to be a burst champion, the amount of crowd control to truly control fights, or the amount of healing or other defensive steroid to be a real off tank (or have the base ratios or percentage damage somewhere). He does all of those things OK, but not better than anyone else. They played extremely safe when creating the new kit, frankly too safe, so that his strengths are not well pronounced. His Q especially now plays closer to Karthus, where you need to spam it to get damage in and hit the target (which is fine), but it also has a lot of gates on it including it's cooldown, the spread to hit all bolts (need to be at melee range), and the range in general vs artillery mages. Thankfully they are buffing it's range slightly next patch so maybe that will help. In all fairness, Riot King Cobra has done a good job of interacting with the players and trying to add some more satisfaction to his kit this last patch. However, short of redoing the kit all together (something Cobra can't do all by himself), they've done the best they could in the mean time. I wouldn't be expecting a revert to the old kit anytime soon. IMO his visuals aren't perfect either. They missed a lot of opportunity with the transformation considering how much creative space there is to work with. Gives you a real sense of what {{champion:3}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:84}} mains went through having their champions replaced except those champions have all had moments of being especially strong.
Exibir mais

Velasan

Nível 327 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão