: bots don't exist. it's just a new thing players made up to call players trash without facing punishment.
> [{quoted}](name=Inkling Commando,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O7WyAnXP,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-11-28T05:40:46.050+0000) > > bots don't exist. it's just a new thing players made up to call players trash without facing punishment. I've seen plenty of "players" in bot games that I've played that were clearly being controlled by bots. Typically they'll all have very similar behavior: they pick a random lane at the start with no regard for where other players are going, tend to switch to a different lane after dying, and will often run under tower to auto-attack enemy champions and die OP was definitely not botting in any of those coop vs. ai games. The bots that people run to farm XP are not capable of that many kills or that that few deaths. The PvP game sure as hell doesn't look like botting, either.
: this is the indication of bots: {{summoner:6}} {{summoner:7}}
> [{quoted}](name=Swampmajikk,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O7WyAnXP,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-11-28T04:11:10.672+0000) > > this is the indication of bots: > {{summoner:6}} {{summoner:7}} Unless the player is low level and that's the best that's available to them.
: This looked somewhat messed up, but issue is that you played so very well even getting an octa-kill in a bot game means you have had experience playing lol. The sona game you played screams botting to me. You played so very well to get penta after penta in bot games and even an octakill, but do that poorly in a normal game vs players. I know players are different, but to me it screams that you are botting because you do have experience playing the game enough to get an octakill in a 5 man game. I wish I could be wrong about that, but it seems so obvious just looking at the stats of penta after penta vs ai then switching over to blind pick and getting owned. I am sorry but everything screams you are botting at least to me because I actually played with my friends(who never played the game) and they NEVER got the same score as you did vs ai even after 14 games.
> [{quoted}](name=Faster Plz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O7WyAnXP,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-28T01:31:06.652+0000) > > This looked somewhat messed up, but issue is that you played so very well even getting an octa-kill in a bot game means you have had experience playing lol. The sona game you played screams botting to me. You played so very well to get penta after penta in bot games and even an octakill, but do that poorly in a normal game vs players. I know players are different, but to me it screams that you are botting because you do have experience playing the game enough to get an octakill in a 5 man game. Beginner bots are very bad, have extremely abusable AI and usually do not punish your mistakes very hard. It's entirely possible to stomp bots really hard while being utterly incompetent against actual human players. Hell, just look at my bot games vs. my PvP games.
: Bring back Unskilled Player report
I'm sure OP never would be reported under the "unskilled player" option if they got what they want here.
: I chose not to report a blatantly inting player...
1. Look through this board. There's plenty of evidence you're wrong here. And even if you were right, deciding not to report because you feel it won't do anything turns it into a self-fulfilling prophecy. 2. Number of reports does not matter. All the system looks at is whether the player was reported or not. And calling for a player to be reported can lead to a chat restriction.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Mm3ZF7LB,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2019-11-04T19:14:43.273+0000) > > They gain access to a third partys account through a compromised password or brute forcing so they can boost a second party account. The hacked account gets banned for the third party programs that are used to boost the second party account. > > Its been a known occurrence for years, and this is about the time it pops up. But why compromise someones account to only play really well in flex matches ? There is more to the story than OP would like to divulge.
This is a fairly common occurrence. Someone who makes scripts will hack into an account, then use their scripts in a few games before the account is banned. I've never seen it happen personally in game, but there have been many threads on this board of this exact situation happening (and yes, the people making the threads do usually get unbanned). I'm not sure why they do it, but I suspect they're doing it to advertise the scripts, test whether it can avoid detection or boost someone.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Charmy Bird,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Mm3ZF7LB,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-11-04T18:31:49.654+0000) > > Riots handling of account security is beyind ridiculous and unacceptable. Almost every company is using 2step authentication but riot still hasn't implemented it, they said they will but its still not here even if the new client has already arrived. Riot need to put things in priority is security should be the most important one. Fix the client, secure our accounts then waste your resources in stupid skins and other games ure making. > > I hope u get your account back as long as u haven't messed with any of those sketchy websites then riot should give u a reward as a compensation because it's their fault. Its because riots backend is a decade old. Its easier to implement from the ground up than to retroactively rework everything to use it. They had to do a *lot* of work to get it to this point, and because they were also makIng a single client for all their just announced games, it had to wait anyway to not do three times the work.
Steam is older and has two-step authentication.
: Shit ain't even fun anymore
"Gone to shit" implies that it was, at one point, not shit. TFT is a bad idea executed badly.
: Stubborn Riot Employee Refuses to Undo False Ban
Ok, you're not getting out of this. A lot of those deaths I could see an argument to see them as bad decisions by a new player. But the death after the teleport to lane, where you flashed toward them after getting charmed and being at 1/3 health when a flash away would have saved you, and especially the death at 8 minutes, where you just ran up to the Kai'sa and autoed her while she killed you in a few seconds, were almost certainly intentional. It looks to me like you got frustrated at your team not helping when you tried to fight them level 1, then again when you got immediately charmed upon teleporting back to lane, and decided to intentionally feed to end it faster. My advice to you would be to remember in the future that, despite the incessant whining on this board, intentional feeding is in fact punished, and to find some other way to vent your frustration (but don't do it in chat, or that will quickly lead to a permaban now that you've had a 14-day ban) when something like that happens. And, if I am wrong and you did not die intentionally any of those times, my advice would be to watch your rate of deaths if you're having a bad game and go out of your way to avoid them if you're dying at a very high rate. I've long suspected that the algorithm will auto-ban players who exceed a certain number of deaths per minute if they're reported. Even if this means sitting back and leaving your teammates to die, it's better than getting your 10th death in 10 minutes. Don't AFK, though, and don't use this as an excuse to avoid helping your team when you can, though.
Sneakeh (EUNE)
: Remove the word "ez"
When they did that in Overwatch, I started spamming "gg ez" at the end of every game. I've never used "gg ez" in any context in a game other than that. Not sure this is the best idea.
: well for some reason i have got 4 14 days and 2 chat restricts but i have always been honor 2
Increasing your honor level and lowering your punishment tier likely move at a similar pace, but reaching a certain honor level does not necessarily indicate that you've lowered your punishment tier. They are separate systems.
: If you read more than just the title of my post you would of realized that i'm not posting from the account that was banned. And people don't have multiple accounts just because they were banned on others. I got this account so i could tryout ranked before i played on my main. - The only person lying or trying to mislead is you, my ban has nothing to do with this account at all. So why even bring it up. You're just trying to attack me with whatever excuse you can come up with.
> [{quoted}](name=pOzXgNancy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ynuNAHAF,comment-id=0002000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-30T18:15:59.866+0000) > > I got this account so i could tryout ranked before i played on my main. What exactly do you mean by this?
: I don't think that would be a possibility,
I've seen that happen before. Not for chat, but someone did get banned for another player's intentional feeding. They reported someone for intentional feeding via a ticket, and then whoever placed the manual ban mistakenly placed it to their account. Given that this looks like a manual ban, it may be that someone in the game manually reported someone and you were mistakenly banned instead of the offending player.
: My friend is my roommate. I literally walked into his room while he was logged in and asked him if I could watch replay from his account and he watched it with me
Ok, good. Just figured I'd throw that advice out there as it seems you're new and not everyone will realize the rule exists.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vreivai,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5iTVLGz0,comment-id=0001000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-29T20:40:31.041+0000) > > Ok, I get what you meant now. Probably would have understood without asking if the damn match history weren't down. op.gg still has the match.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vreivai,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5iTVLGz0,comment-id=00010000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-29T20:34:11.535+0000) > > Did you word that right? Not sure what you mean by that. When they played Thresh, a support, they didn't fill their inventory with control wards instead of normal items. When they played Kass they did despite a supposed desire to play support. OP also claimed they never played support. But they did. And as I said in my edit, OP uses league terminology quite freely for them to be completely ignorant of what a support is or what items a support uses.
Ok, I get what you meant now. Probably would have understood without asking if the damn match history weren't down.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vreivai,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5iTVLGz0,comment-id=000100000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-29T20:22:03.049+0000) > > Recommended items for Thresh are standard support items, for Kassadin they're not. OP didn't buy only wards as Thresh. It also establishes that OP has played support. The terminology OP freely uses in their posts does not match up with someone completely oblivious to what a support is or what support items are.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5iTVLGz0,comment-id=0001000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-29T20:25:40.250+0000) > > OP didn't buy only wards as Thresh. It also establishes that OP has played support. Did you word that right? Not sure what you mean by that.
: I watched it from the client of my friend's account so I don't know why you wouldn't be able to.... I can't actually download it from my account because apparently banned account can't watch replays:)
Bit of advice: account sharing is something that will result in an immediate permaban of the shared account if detected. In this case you might have been watching it while your friend was actually the one who signed in to the account, but I'm just giving you the advice because you seem new and may not know this.
: I've never played support and don't know what support item is. It wasn't under recommended section... I heard mages in bot lane were good as supports so I tried kassadin out since he was free. I'll try to find a replay file tomorrow, the game is currently completely down and I'm busy the rest of the day, but I was able to look at the replay from another account by just looking up my name->view profile->matchhistory-> and then it was available to download
Only replays from ranked games are public. Normal games can only be viewed from the client by you and your friends.
: > [{quoted}](name=username1010,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5iTVLGz0,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2019-10-29T20:17:08.295+0000) > > I've never played support and don't know what support item is. 6 days ago you have a thresh game and you built standard support in that with no issue.
Recommended items for Thresh are standard support items, for Kassadin they're not.
: Are you referring to the game where you went kassadin support, took tp, and went 1/21/0? Are you really trying to defend yourself right now? Aside from the insane amount of deaths, you didnt buy a support item, Out of the 19 kills on your team you contributed to 1 which you got. No assists at all. It seems rather odd you got into so many fights to die, but your team couldve never capitalize a single kill on any of your deaths (assuming you at least did something to the target and not just die). Too many outliers in 1 game to say its a bad game. 1. Playing Kass support 2. No contrubition to the team in terms of kills or asssits 3. 21 deaths so you were defintely in contact with the enemy team 4. Took teleport as a support 5. Started boots over support item. 6. Earned 3.8k gold in a 21 min game your passive gold alone was 2600 gold around. Meaning within 21 mins you earned less gold than what you'd actually get passively while giving almost double the gold in kills if there was no decreasing gold worth after a certain amount of deaths.
I'd withhold judgement until I can view the replay. Yes, all those together seem highly suspicious. But all those together could also happen if you're trying something off-meta and get thoroughly stomped by a player or players vastly superior to you. It certainly seems more than likely that was actually intentional feeding, though.
: make a ticket it's not normal , you're not supposed to be banned off a simple insult please come back with the support's answer
I could see this being an escalation to a 14-day ban for zero-tolerance language. The system may be programmed to view "brain damaged" as an ableist slur.
Nagake (EUNE)
: Perma banned for a single insult while being the one that was insulted all game
One thing that could explain this that I've never understood with the IFS: if you're sitting on a 10-game chat restriction punishment tier, and you get hit with one that would escalate to a 14-day ban if you had no prior punishments, does it escalate to a permaban instead? Other than that, only thing that makes sense is something I've said before, where it seems like on 14-day bans the system will just do an RNG roll and escalate to a permaban if it gets the right roll. Or I suppose it could also be that the idea that punishment tiers are reduced over time is a lie and never actually happens.
: Riot Support Round Two
I don't think a permaban is deserved for that, but, assuming you had a 14-day ban prior, it seems in line with how the IFS works. Once you've received a 14-day ban, the system is _extremely_ sensitive to any negativity whatsoever. Once you've served a 14-day ban, any slight negativity at all that's reported will result in a permaban. I think the way that works is pretty draconian, and should be eased up on somewhat. Just seems like the goal of the system is to issue bans rather than reform.
: Seriously though, who enjoys all this damage???
I think it's time to stop saying "this meta" in regards to out of control damage. It's been this way for a few years now. It's no longer just the current meta.
Gall (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vreivai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XFm7cF6y,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-10-10T03:36:54.596+0000) > > From the Code of Conduct: > > That rule is almost exactly the same as the one Blizzard used to justify the competitive ban for Blitzchung Interesting. That rule could mean anything and everything that they decide.
> [{quoted}](name=Gall,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XFm7cF6y,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-10-10T04:07:13.569+0000) > > Interesting. That rule could mean anything and everything that they decide. That's pretty much how it's intended, and you'll find similar catch-all rules in almost every code of conduct for any online video game.
Gall (NA)
: No, because it's not in their TOS and we only abide by their TOS. If a drastic change like that were made to their TOS the player should be notified I believe. Otherwise lawsuits.
> [{quoted}](name=Gall,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XFm7cF6y,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-10-09T21:42:56.555+0000) > > No, because it's not in their TOS and we only abide by their TOS. If a drastic change like that were made to their TOS the player should be notified I believe. Otherwise lawsuits. From the Code of Conduct: >v. Transmitting or communicating any content which, in the sole and exclusive discretion of Riot Games, is deemed offensive, including language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or racially, ethically, or otherwise objectionable; That rule is almost exactly the same as the one Blizzard used to justify the competitive ban for Blitzchung
: Original? The MOBA style came out long before LoL, and actually spawned from another game that wasn't in any way a MOBA. DotA came out of a RTS custom map, and ended up turning into a whole genre. Who's to say that TFT won't be the same and start spawning whole new mega-games with a huge esports scene?
There was a lot more depth, interesting gameplay and just potential in general for DOTA. Autochess games don't have that. They will "succeed," though, because there's so much potential for microtransactions in the genre. It'll "succeed" because it will be pushed hard publishers, not because of anything particularly compelling about the genre itself.
Pika Fox (NA)
: They would have major difficulty issuing perma bans for this, given one could claim they allowed it in the past and did not adequately notify them about a change in policy going forward. You cant just randomly revoke access to something someone pays for.
The way it works right now, Riot could make up a new rule, inform no one outside of Riot, then start enforcing it without telling anyone why they were banned, and you'd have no recourse. That would be a pretty shitty business practice, and if it were discovered they did that they'd probably lose a lot of players, but they could legally do it. There really needs to be regulation in regards to player moderation in video games (and far more in the tech industry in general, particularly social media, but that's a different conversation). Unfortunately, there's not much of a lobby for consumer protection when it comes to video games, so it's unlikely that will come to pass. For now and for the foreseeable future, you have no recourse when you're banned in League (or any video game) no matter the reason.
: why the boards are harsher than the game that's based on in terms of punishments
Not sure what you're talking about here, I've been banned quite a few times on boards. Though, those were all at least 2-3 years ago or more, and I've only had 3 posts deleted in the past 2 years with no bans for any of them, so maybe they've gotten more harsh since then.
: But it isn't that dependent on blind luck. You're drafting against other people out of a shared pool of champions. It's a matter of probability and decision making more than it is luck.
Please tell me how I can influence item RNG other than selecting from the carousel (which is also heavily RNG influenced in what appears and what the position of the items are relative to you when it's your turn to pick).
minorjack (EUW)
: 50% winrate across the board? really?
Welcome to the problem I've had for years while Riot keeps denying that it exists. I lose well over 50% of my games, and yet my MMR still doesn't drop from high silver. At all. Doesn't even budge. And every time I ask support about it, all they say is "we're not allowed to alter your MMR, just keep playing." Holy shit, I never thought of that! Just keep playing! Well maybe if that worked I wouldn't be contacting you fucks in the first place.
: If you don't like this type of game, just don't play it. It's really that simple.
It's just that it's a joke that Riot is trying to pretend this is going to be a competitive game mode, implement a ranked system, etc., when luck plays such a large factor in determining the outcome of a match that skill is negligible.
BigFBear (EUW)
: Avtually you can lose intentionally to get the good items when you have Lulu (or Pyke) and already a bit luck with items in first creep round because you almost can't lose at the end. Ofc you can also go 2x Rageblade 1 Shojin.
Even with that getting all of those items in one game is still pretty rare.
BigFBear (EUW)
: Build Lulu with 1x Rageblade 2x Spear of Shojin and you will win every game
Good luck getting 1x rageblade and 2x spear of shojin more than once every 10 games
: OTA Is holding TFT tryouts tomorrow night at 7:30pm EST
-TFT -"competitive" lol Let's have competitive coin flipping, too
: i wonder if the ifs and tft will cause problems?
I'd avoid saying stuff like that. The algorithm is likely exactly the same in TFT as in SR, and that would be judged as justifying a chat restriction in SR. That said, you're probably far less likely to get reported for saying that, since you wouldn't be directing it at a player. Though there are still going to be the people that are just looking for things to report because they want to get people punished.
: You must spend a lot in exp that makes it less likely to get 1 stars. Even spending poorly gets you it before then. Try taking my rng manipulation advice then... Because you must be getting early exp which is lowering your chances of the 1 coin champs or you're lying
Nope, don't spend much on xp. And I am telling the truth. I suppose it could be that, rather than you being extremely lucky, I've been extremely unlucky.
: No such thing as extremely lucky. I just explained how. If nobody else is going for that one star and you follow what I said, it's possible to do it quite a lot.
That's nice, lucky you. I've never seen a level 3 before round 6-1 despite going for ones others aren't.
: The attacks aren't nearly as random as you think they are. While the AI is a little wonky at times, like some units decide to AFK in the middle of fights for no reason at all, messing with your positioning and seeing how each unit reacts, you can then use that information to your advantage later. Item drops are stupid and absolutely need to be changed. This really is the only damning RNG factor. You can tip champion pool favor by not bankrupting yourself early and amassing gold early and rolling when you need to. The champions that appear are based on your level. Certain units are more likely to appear at 1 level, while at higher levels, those same units are less likely to appear. This can be good, or bad depending on how late in the game you are, and can probably be tweaked a little bit. Like, certain units of a lower rarity are more likely to appear if you already have them recruited regardless of level. Its not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be though. See point one.
Yes they are as random as he thinks. I've had one game where I was one of the last two. First fight, I lose. Next fight, neither of us change anything. I win. And neither were even close.
: You can manipulate champion rng, cannot manipulate item rng. That's the difference. I can almost have a 3 star by 3-2 every time. But I can't get items.
If you almost have a 3 star by 3-2 every time, you're extraordinarily lucky
: my biggest problems with TFT so far have come from a drastic lack of conveying information
It doesn't even show you something as basic as your level Game mode is rushed garbage
Utok (NA)
: Played my firest last and only game of TFT..
That second one is probably the dumbest. I had a game yesterday where I was one of the last two in the match. I lost a round and my team was completely dominated. The next round I was unable to change anything, and he didn't change anything. Not even the formations changed. My team dominated this round. On literally nothing but RNG in the AI's behavior, the result swung wildly from one round to the next.
: Boards: "I want champion diversity...
Mages in top lane reduces champion diversity, because you're never going to see many of the champions who are shut down by said mages in top lane in any other lane.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vreivai,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FHX7EVTi,comment-id=0002000200000000,timestamp=2019-06-17T06:24:37.156+0000) > > With the way Riot (and tech companies in general) enforce their rules, I wouldn't risk playing off-meta at all. They should stop/take down videos like this then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMAAfm095tg
My point isn't that I necessarily think they'd ban for playing off-meta in the way you described. It's that tech companies in general tend to have selective enforcement of their rules, said rules can change at a moment's notice and be enforced before they've even told anyone about them, they enforce rules ex post facto, they ban or otherwise take moderation actions with nebulous reasoning and said nebulous reasoning leads to poorly defined rules that exacerbate the selective enforcement.
: Creep. Rounds. Should. Award. The. Same. Number. Of. items. To. Every. Player. Who. Passes.
It is RNG at that point. It's just RNG deciding who wins the game. And it's shitty.
Kýll4Joy (EUNE)
: I added an xd, thinking it would save it from not being that toxic, to be more understandable as a joke, due to the way the game was going. but i can see what you mean, thanks :)
Yeah, algorithms can't understand nuance like that, or context that changes the meaning of what was said. Something to keep in mind for the future.
: Is there still a zero tolerance policy for certain phrases?
Maybe people kept pretending "kys" meant "keep yourself safe" so often that people started using it seriously in that way. I've never seen it, but my 28 year-old ass barely knows how young people might be talking. Probably not the case, though.
: Actually the 14 day ban came from my account getting hacked. I actually never do this alot because I hadnt played ranked that often due to college and a smurf account.
You should have brought that up and resolved it when that happened, then. Since the ban stayed in place, the punishment tier escalates as normal. In this case, "as normal" means any small amount of toxicity escalates to a permaban.
: Overall what did you all think of the Darkin Lore Update?
I think the lore stopped having any value years ago when they started constantly retconning everything.
Exibir mais

Vreivai

Nível 89 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão