: > [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=0000000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-23T04:44:17.984+0000) > > what does not toxic mean to you? Means you're not harassing people and using hate speech or griefing
> [{quoted}](name=AngusBoomPants,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=00000002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-23T17:46:34.211+0000) > > Means you're not harassing people and using hate speech or griefing Is criticism harassment? If someone dies 5 times in a row at 10 mins, is it harassment to say "great job buddy."?
: Lol true, but clearly the game commited suicide with the new logo made by a 40 year old male that had no touch with a younger audience.
> [{quoted}](name=Dr Apathy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7hY7mjg5,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-04-23T05:58:20.623+0000) > > Lol true, but clearly the game commited suicide with the new logo made by a 40 year old male that had no touch with a younger audience. Hah didn't know that but yea the L is pretty basic
: > [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=00000002000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-23T02:53:07.334+0000) > > what does clean mean to you Not toxic
> [{quoted}](name=AngusBoomPants,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-23T04:33:10.685+0000) > > Not toxic what does not toxic mean to you?
: > [{quoted}](name=SupportPlank,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-23T00:27:34.914+0000) > > I've had 3 10 game chat restrictions, 2 25 game chat restrictions and 1 14 day ban. > If we are talking anicdotal evidence I think I have more experience then you. Your presumptions are astonishing. You don't know anything about me. Are you psychic? Unlike you, I don't arrogantly devalue other people's experiences.
> [{quoted}](name=SupportPlank,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=00000001000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-23T01:42:40.997+0000) > > Unlike you I'm not in "prisoner's island", have fun chief. and you call me toxic lmao
: Pretty sure they ban people so they make (or buy) new accounts and buy more RP. Smart business ploy if you ask me. Too easy to get punished nowadays it's such a joke lmao
> [{quoted}](name=Best Liss NYC,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E6bev8ZP,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-04-23T01:48:25.295+0000) > > Pretty sure they ban people so they make (or buy) new accounts and buy more RP. Smart business ploy if you ask me. > Too easy to get punished nowadays it's such a joke lmao yep. business is business.
: > [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=000000020000,timestamp=2019-04-22T23:01:49.904+0000) > > LOL why so you can just point at anything remotely negative and say "oh you were toxic there you deserved it"? Yeah. If you're just punished for being reported and doing nothing wrong, then the logs would be clean and you'd have a point :^)
> [{quoted}](name=AngusBoomPants,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=0000000200000000,timestamp=2019-04-23T01:59:15.623+0000) > > Yeah. If you're just punished for being reported and doing nothing wrong, then the logs would be clean and you'd have a point :^) what does clean mean to you
: > [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=00000001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-22T23:50:05.743+0000) > > whatever you say bud. 10 games in row going full mute not typing a word and my teams going an average of 2/15 WHILE I DONT TYPE ANYTHING. yea that's totally me being toxic. You're so right, I'm being toxic by not typing. You must know everything. Better spread your light and share your wisdom you 2000iq genius. it must just be a silly coincidence. I've had 3 10 game chat restrictions, 2 25 game chat restrictions and 1 14 day ban. If we are talking anicdotal evidence I think I have more experience then you.
> [{quoted}](name=SupportPlank,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-23T00:27:34.914+0000) > > I've had 3 10 game chat restrictions, 2 25 game chat restrictions and 1 14 day ban. > If we are talking anicdotal evidence I think I have more experience then you. Your presumptions are astonishing. You don't know anything about me. Are you psychic? Unlike you, I don't arrogantly devalue other people's experiences.
: Please help me understand.. how did I get chat restricted over THIS?
It's laughable that you got chat banned for that but hey, it's riot, and money is more important than people's experiences so they'd rather spend their on yachts than on paying people to make a discipline system that works right.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ambient Snow,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-22T02:18:13.396+0000) > > Dunno, Honestly I just got a 14 day ban. > > honestly you can't talk in general in this game hell even saying " muting team and pings GL HF GG" is considered toxic and yes as seen gets you a 14 day ban.. which I just got thank you . > > Riot really needs a better definition of what is toxic and reportable and what is just frustration cause right now Basically using "CHAT" is considered toxic and reportable. chat logs or get out
> [{quoted}](name=AngusBoomPants,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2019-04-22T04:15:22.504+0000) > > chat logs or get out LOL why so you can just point at anything remotely negative and say "oh you were toxic there you deserved it"?
: > [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-22T19:12:21.570+0000) > > oh, and what have you proven? ... I didn't start a thread making a claim that goes against what has been said by the very people that developed the system. You have to prove that Riot is lying and anicdotal evidence doesn't prove anything. Probability wise, it is highly more likely that a person punished for toxicity is continuing to be toxic i.e. causation vs correlation
> [{quoted}](name=SupportPlank,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-22T21:47:18.521+0000) > > ... I didn't start a thread making a claim that goes against what has been said by the very people that developed the system. > > You have to prove that Riot is lying and anicdotal evidence doesn't prove anything. Probability wise, it is highly more likely that a person punished for toxicity is continuing to be toxic i.e. causation vs correlation When I'm going /fullmute all and not typing anything and 10 games in row im getting nothing but teams that go something like 2/15 in the first 15 minutes, you're saying that's just bad luck? Really? Just a coincidence and it's all in my head? sure bud, you just know everything don't you.
: Sorry, toxic players experiences never counts. Ever.
> [{quoted}](name=Zombie Gerbil,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-22T19:50:56.749+0000) > > Sorry, toxic players experiences never counts. Ever. Putting them in a situation where they're even less likely to reform is straight up cruel. People who rage are still people and to say they're experiences don't count is nauseatingly elitist.
: > [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-22T14:57:47.379+0000) > > Yes I would have. Don't fucking tell me what I do and don't care about. Your "specialist" tag doesn't give you the right to assume peoples motivations and subsequent reactions. it's only a non-discussion because you don't have any legitimate counter points aside from "no you're wrong because me and riot say so". > > You haven't once explained WHY what I'm saying isn't true, just that it isn't. That's not a fucking discussion, thats just you sitting on your high horse,telling me im wrong and continuously flaming me for asking a question while assuming my intentions. > > I get it though, its easier for you to say that to avoid having to do any actual work in legitimately countering what I'm seeing with my own eyes. Instead you continue to dance around the question. To have a discussion you would have to prove your original thesis, which you haven't. Anicdotal evidence doesn't qualify as evidence. There's no work to be done because you have proven nothing, other then games you are involved in seem to have increased toxicity. The only non variable in that experiment would be you.
> [{quoted}](name=SupportPlank,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-22T17:59:10.491+0000) > > To have a discussion you would have to prove your original thesis, which you haven't. Anicdotal evidence doesn't qualify as evidence. > > There's no work to be done because you have proven nothing, other then games you are involved in seem to have increased toxicity. The only non variable in that experiment would be you. oh, and what have you proven?
: I think he is on to something, when I go to 7-11 I end up running around smacking people AND GUESS WHAT?!?!??! Everytime I go to 7-11 there is always some asshat running around hitting people.
> [{quoted}](name=SupportPlank,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-22T17:55:37.637+0000) > > I think he is on to something, when I go to 7-11 I end up running around smacking people AND GUESS WHAT?!?!??! > Everytime I go to 7-11 there is always some asshat running around hitting people. ironically calling someone crazy while talking nonsense
Voldymort (EUNE)
: exactly. it's a discussion board, not an echo chamber
> [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-22T14:34:49.895+0000) > > exactly. > > it's a discussion board, not an echo chamber if you disagree with someone you say why, not just downvote and move on
: > I didn't come here looking for yesman answers. Well, I just gave you the word straight from Riot, they don't use Prisoner's Island-type concepts in their punishment system. So, if you don't believe Riot's own public statements on the matter, and adamantly insist that your beliefs are fact, and that anything that doesn't corroborate your assertions are lies - _Even if Riot explicitly says, "we don't do this, here's why;"_... Then yes, you did come here looking for yesman answers. You flat-out deny anything which doesn't align with your assumptions, and clearly have no intention of challenging your own assumptions to understand the situation better. > I've tested it on multiple accounts and its always the same. That is anecdotal evidence, and you have a clear bias - particularly against Riot; > yea any form of criticism is considered toxic and then once you're chat banned you're fucked because they qeue you up with literally the worst fucking humans on this planet. its impossible to play this game like a normal human being. _you have to play it like the fucking gerbil they want you to be._ So given that you're using anecdotal evidence of personal experiences (which are naturally subject to personal bias, since any negative incident will doubtless only serve to reaffirm your preconceived notions to you) and have your antagonistic bias towards Riot, you'll have to pardon my saying this, but your "tests" are to be taken with a mountain of salt. > How the fuck is someone supposed to reform with they're being intentionally triggered. In case you didn't read the Ask Riot post I linked you, here's a section explaining _literally that_ as one of the reasons that they _don't_ use Prisoner's Island ideas: > So as long as reform is a core value for us (spoiler: it will always be a core value for us), we can’t stick 10 (even occasionally) unsportsmanlike players into what would be even more unsportsmanlike games and expect them to learn and turn things around. > > ... > > ...because the prisoner’s island system gives up on these players by default, we can’t subscribe to it as a solution for unsportsmanlike conduct. So, tell me then; if even _Riot_ says that they don't use Prisoner's Island systems, does that make _them_ liars, too?
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-04-22T07:24:07.782+0000) > > Well, I just gave you the word straight from Riot, they don't use Prisoner's Island-type concepts in their punishment system. So, if you don't believe Riot's own public statements on the matter, and adamantly insist that your beliefs are fact, and that anything that doesn't corroborate your assertions are lies - _Even if Riot explicitly says, "we don't do this, here's why;"_... > > Then yes, you did come here looking for yesman answers. You flat-out deny anything which doesn't align with your assumptions, and clearly have no intention of challenging your own assumptions to understand the situation better. > > That is anecdotal evidence, and you have a clear bias - particularly against Riot; > > So given that you're using anecdotal evidence of personal experiences (which are naturally subject to personal bias, since any negative incident will doubtless only serve to reaffirm your preconceived notions to you) and have your antagonistic bias towards Riot, you'll have to pardon my saying this, but your "tests" are to be taken with a mountain of salt. > > In case you didn't read the Ask Riot post I linked you, here's a section explaining _literally that_ as one of the reasons that they _don't_ use Prisoner's Island ideas: > > So, tell me then; if even _Riot_ says that they don't use Prisoner's Island systems, does that make _them_ liars, too? Yeah, it does. Wouldn't be the first time a mega corp lied just to avoid bad pr. I base truth and reality on things I see with me own eyes, and when on multiple accounts I get hit with horse shit chat bans after one bad game and then get qd with endless inting, flaming and afking after one death teammates meanwhile these streamers with riot gold star accounts get qued with cooperative, tryhard teammates... something is definitely fucked. Riot employees are nothing but stoned apes trying to keep their kush jobs while doing nothing to help the players experience. And at this point it's evident that all you and the other mods do here is maintain the illusions that they build. You don't have any evidence either other than what their marketing team tells you to say and there's no fucking discussions on this board ever. All you guys do is flame and shame anyone who disagrees with the status quo with no real answers to an endless stream of people who have been mistreated by a screwball system. Must feel good to be on the right side of corporate greed.
: And why is doing that a bad thing?
> [{quoted}](name=Inteference,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-22T08:38:40.371+0000) > > And why is doing that a bad thing? Because this is a discussion board
: Permabanned
their discipline system is legit horseshit. sorry u lost all that money but riot doesnt care cuz theyre offiicially an evil corporation
: > Riot 100% qs you up with worse players after you've gotten reported or even worse, a chat restriction of any kind. This isn't true, and you have zero legitimate evidence to back this up. Your concept basically falls under the idea of "Prisoner's Island", which [Riot has pretty openly stated is a concept they have not and will not employ](https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/01/ask-riot-banished-to-prisoners-island/), since it runs counter to their ethos in handling toxicity. > yea literally no one responded to my original post a simply downvoted... Considering that the snippet at the end of this comment is an insult to everyone who downvoted without commenting (omitted for the sake of maintaining your original comment in general for posterity's sake, if/when a Moderator removes the original), and the general attitude you respond to others here with, I'm doubtful that you genuinely want a discussion or any viewpoint that contradicts what you believe here. If all you want is upvotes and yesman answers for unfounded and frankly incorrect assertions of the system, then, I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-22T06:21:50.757+0000) > > This isn't true, and you have zero legitimate evidence to back this up. Your concept basically falls under the idea of "Prisoner's Island", which [Riot has pretty openly stated is a concept they have not and will not employ](https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/01/ask-riot-banished-to-prisoners-island/), since it runs counter to their ethos in handling toxicity. > > Considering that the snippet at the end of this comment is an insult to everyone who downvoted without commenting (omitted for the sake of maintaining your original comment in general for posterity's sake, if/when a Moderator removes the original), and the general attitude you respond to others here with, I'm doubtful that you genuinely want a discussion or any viewpoint that contradicts what you believe here. > > If all you want is upvotes and yesman answers for unfounded and frankly incorrect assertions of the system, then, I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place. I didn't come here looking for yesman answers. You people love putting words in my mouth. I came here for answers. Why the fuck does riot think its okay to do this. That statement is a blatant lie. I've tested it on multiple accounts and its always the same. How the fuck is someone supposed to reform with they're being intentionally triggered. IT HAPPENS EVERY TIME.
: Your experiences don't count **if** you're experiencing that on your other banned accounts. Then you're just naturally toxic. There's a fine difference between a normal player's experience and a toxic player's experience. What you're experiencing is your natural attitude, which is not welcome in the community, which is why you get endlessly reported and Riot removes your account because you're not welcome here. So no, not real. Simple as that. What is real is my account as many as any other beta player and other players stable account holder is that there is no such thing. **Period.**
> [{quoted}](name=Zombie Gerbil,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-22T05:46:18.819+0000) > > Your experiences don't count **if** you're experiencing that on your other banned accounts. > Then you're just naturally toxic. There's a fine difference between a normal player's experience and a toxic player's experience. > > What you're experiencing is your natural attitude, which is not welcome in the community, which is why you get endlessly reported and Riot removes your account because you're not welcome here. > > So no, not real. Simple as that. > What is real is my account as many as any other beta player and other players stable account holder is that there is no such thing. > > **Period.** of course my experiences count. What are you even saying. I've tried this on multiple accounts with clean records and it's always the same. I get chat banned for some silly bullshit then the swarm of ultra toxic, tilting teammates comes in. Happens every time. Your words literally mean nothing. you're literaly making zero sense.
: Dunno, Honestly I just got a 14 day ban. honestly you can't talk in general in this game hell even saying " muting team and pings GL HF GG" is considered toxic and yes as seen gets you a 14 day ban.. which I just got thank you . Riot really needs a better definition of what is toxic and reportable and what is just frustration cause right now Basically using "CHAT" is considered toxic and reportable.
> [{quoted}](name=Ambient Snow,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-22T02:18:13.396+0000) > > Dunno, Honestly I just got a 14 day ban. > > honestly you can't talk in general in this game hell even saying " muting team and pings GL HF GG" is considered toxic and yes as seen gets you a 14 day ban.. which I just got thank you . > > Riot really needs a better definition of what is toxic and reportable and what is just frustration cause right now Basically using "CHAT" is considered toxic and reportable. yea any form of criticism is considered toxic and then once you're chat banned you're fucked because they qeue you up with literally the worst fucking humans on this planet. its impossible to play this game like a normal human being. you have to play it like the fucking gerbil they want you to be.
: Huh, weird. I've been using the chat NONSTOP regardless of anyone's opinion or feelings for the past 10 years since Oct. 2008. I still got this account and still using the chat nonstop. Saying GG, FF, HF, never-ending amounts of "You're muted". Yet, not a single warning. Sorry, what you said was BS and not true. **You're more than welcome to use the chat regardless of what anyone says. The chat doesn't get you in trouble, it's your attitude that can. Period.** That's coming from a beta player. You're welcome. Oh, and there is no such thing as a "toxic jail-whatever-you-wanna-call-it." Not real. Confirmed.
> [{quoted}](name=Zombie Gerbil,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PPjRnnyd,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-04-22T03:32:36.453+0000) > > Huh, weird. > > I've been using the chat NONSTOP regardless of anyone's opinion or feelings for the past 10 years since Oct. 2008. I still got this account and still using the chat nonstop. Saying GG, FF, HF, never-ending amounts of "You're muted". > > Yet, not a single warning. > > Sorry, what you said was BS and not true. > **You're more than welcome to use the chat regardless of what anyone says. > The chat doesn't get you in trouble, it's your attitude that can. Period.** > That's coming from a beta player. You're welcome. > > Oh, and there is no such thing as a "toxic jail-whatever-you-wanna-call-it." > Not real. Confirmed. 100% real. I've experienced it on every single account.
Comentários de Rioters
: What is everyone's problem? Talk to me.
Anivien (NA)
: Tilted in one game=14 days ban instantly???
"You've been good for years but are now on a losing streak and slip up for one game? The past doesn't matter you're clearly a terrible human. PUNISHED." - Riot Games
: Should Players who type "GG EZ" Receive Harsher Punishments?
The same way people overuse and distort the meaning of the word "woke" these days, the meaning of the word "toxic" is starting to become warped and used in almost any circumstance where a persons feelings are hurt. You felt bad, and the enemy squeezed lemon into your wound by saying GGEZ. They're your ENEMY. They were just trying to kill you and make you lose, are you REALLY surprised that they said that? Of course you're not. You're just upset that they would make your already bad emotional situation even worse. Well, toughen up dude, because real life is gonna be even more cruel to you and if you can't handle it in a friggin video game, then ur gonna be screwed in the real world. The sooner you learn this, the less of a rude awakening you'll have later on. imho anything the enemy says (aside from things involving race and death/suicide) should be passed off as psychological warfare because that's essentially what it is, and you should be armored for it. REAL toxic behavior is when morons trash talk their own team mates for making mistakes or having bad games, under the dilusion that they themselves never have bad games or make mistakes. The human ego at its finest.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8MEJXYiA,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-04-03T04:04:16.367+0000) > > There's nothing tinfoil hat about the reality of corporate greed. Nice try Riot. Also, if people didn't strive for things to be better than they are and were afraid to make things better just because it had never been done before, then humans wouldn't progress the way we have. But go on, enlighten me some more. I'm not saying don't strive to fix things as their have been attempts, but this bullshit notion of they aren't trying is stupid. Especially when people here don't come up with realistic, practical, or even possible ideas.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8MEJXYiA,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-03T04:35:40.980+0000) > > I'm not saying don't strive to fix things as their have been attempts, but this bullshit notion of they aren't trying is stupid. Especially when people here don't come up with realistic, practical, or even possible ideas. It's not the boards job to come up with viable big idea solutions. Maybe if they were more transparent about the finer details of the system then we could, but right now we are just a raw feedback mechanism. It's naive to think that a mega corp like Riot is this benevolent unicorn of a big company that would never put money over quality.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8MEJXYiA,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-04-03T00:47:36.093+0000) > > They won't clean up the community because there's too much money to be made off of the community that exists. It's really that simple. Or a less tinfoil hat like theory, cleaning up to the point where people want isn’t realistic and has never been done in literally any other online video game?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8MEJXYiA,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-04-03T00:50:11.664+0000) > > Or a less tinfoil hat like theory, cleaning up to the point where people want isn’t realistic and has never been done in literally any other online video game? There's nothing tinfoil hat about the reality of corporate greed. Nice try Riot. Also, if people didn't strive for things to be better than they are and were afraid to make things better just because it had never been done before, then humans wouldn't progress the way we have. But go on, enlighten me some more.
: WHy wont riot clean up the community
They won't clean up the community because there's too much money to be made off of the community that exists. It's really that simple.
: That's not flaming, that's a statement of fact and/or a criticism.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=TjfgIJff,comment-id=000000000000000100020000,timestamp=2019-04-01T23:03:41.385+0000) > > That's not flaming, that's a statement of fact and/or a criticism. Exactly, but 90% of the time people don't see it that way. They take it as flame, they start typing and suddenly it's gg. To be clear, the problem isn't the criticism, the problem is the ideology that riot put into peoples heads that makes them feel like they can call anything that hurts your feelings "toxic" whether its actually toxic or not.
dnsup (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=000700010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-01T02:20:12.960+0000) > > _**--Removed--**_ Neither. I said: > Belief in this er, "life philosophy" is largely down to upbringing, but in practice it doesn't work in humanity's favor.
> [{quoted}](name=dnsup,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=0007000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-01T16:28:33.119+0000) > > Neither. I said: its not a "life philosophy" it's an observation of human behavior.
LaceUpXX (NA)
: You need to understand they are not putting in efforts to stop trolls. Only negative chat. So don't get yourself punished over them. Just mute them and wait for the next game. You are not going to stop them from trolling. You are only going to get yourself banned for it.
> [{quoted}](name=CallMeTheSheriff,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=TjfgIJff,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-04-01T13:19:21.271+0000) > > You need to understand they are not putting in efforts to stop trolls. Only negative chat. So don't get yourself punished over them. Just mute them and wait for the next game. You are not going to stop them from trolling. You are only going to get yourself banned for it. this the unfortunate truth
: Please, please find me a ***NON-IMAGINARY*** example of when flaming someone actually made them play better.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=TjfgIJff,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2019-04-01T12:35:22.473+0000) > > Please, please find me a ***NON-IMAGINARY*** example of when flaming someone actually made them play better. "you rotated late dude" and i got more where that came from
: Yes, because flaming someone for playing poorly is always going to make them do better!
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=TjfgIJff,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-01T12:01:19.596+0000) > > Yes, because flaming someone for playing poorly is always going to make them do better! Theres a big difference between berating someone and criticizing them.
: The issue here is that you kept stoking a fire. You only need to make the comment once in chat, not multiple times. Continuing to do so is, Harassment. Yet despite that you kept bringing it up. So any punishment you got out of this was justified. Next time, if you see something like this happening, make ONE comment about the situation, and then mute the player in question and ignore them. And be sure to report them. Do not spend x-amount of your match making constant comments about the problem or you will be the one getting reported and punished more than the other player.
> [{quoted}](name=MordridtheBlack,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=TjfgIJff,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-04-01T11:57:25.678+0000) > > > Next time, if you see something like this happening, make ONE comment about the situation, and then mute the player in question and ignore them. And be sure to report them. Do not spend x-amount of your match making constant comments about the problem or you will be the one getting reported and punished more than the other player. This really is the only way to not get punished, because no matter what you're saying, if you're constantly typing, you'll be punished by their mindless drone discipline system.
: Riot doesn't give a fuck about players.
> [{quoted}](name=Grymmstrike,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=TjfgIJff,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-01T11:56:11.097+0000) > > Riot doesn't give a fuck about players. truth. just money.
: No, and here's why: It'd mean two toxic people could flame each other and the rest of their team, and neither would be punished. Instead of appropriate punishments being used against people who break the rules, it cuts the number of punishments **against actually toxic assholes** way too hard because they just need someone to flame them back to avoid punishment.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=TjfgIJff,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-01T11:53:58.082+0000) > > No, and here's why: > > It'd mean two toxic people could flame each other and the rest of their team, and neither would be punished. Instead of appropriate punishments being used against people who break the rules, it cuts the number of punishments **against actually toxic assholes** way too hard because they just need someone to flame them back to avoid punishment. this literally makes no sense
dnsup (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=00070001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T21:01:11.212+0000) > > I was just describing my observation of how ppl are soft until life hardens them. Right, and I'm saying that's not generally true (or even comprehensible, really, since "soft" and "hard" don't mean anything precise when used to describe human behavior). > I spoke of no such "practice" Neither did I, though.
> [{quoted}](name=dnsup,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=000700010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T21:30:23.322+0000) > > Right, and I'm saying that's not generally true (or even comprehensible, really, since "soft" and "hard" don't mean anything precise when used to describe human behavior). > > Neither did I, though. "but in practice it doesn't work in humanity's favor"
dnsup (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=000700010000,timestamp=2019-03-31T07:20:16.769+0000) > > I would love to know what qualifies you to speak so confidently in humanity's behalf At least as much as whatever you felt qualified you to do so earlier.
> [{quoted}](name=dnsup,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=0007000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T16:51:22.271+0000) > > At least as much as whatever you felt qualified you to do so earlier. After rereading your comment, you're clearly confused about I was talking about because I spoke of no such "practice" that would be good for humanity. I was just describing my observation of how ppl are soft until life hardens them. So what were you talking about exactly?
: I wanted to leave a comment for WarmAndCrispy, I have been going through your forum posts and I agree with you 10000% on this half baked system riot has. And OP I hope you get this resolved but I wouldn't put my hopes on it, riot wants you to re-buy and put 1000 of your hours into another account because they are greedy bastards. I have already quit this game back in august when I was permabanned from my account of 9 years with $1000 purchased, but came back to look at the forums a bit. Move to another game that is better.
> [{quoted}](name=SupaLem0n,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8PALdJT0,comment-id=000a0001,timestamp=2019-03-31T12:40:36.683+0000) > > I wanted to leave a comment for WarmAndCrispy, I have been going through your forum posts and I agree with you 10000% on this half baked system riot has. And OP I hope you get this resolved but I wouldn't put my hopes on it, riot wants you to re-buy and put 1000 of your hours into another account because they are greedy bastards. > I have already quit this game back in august when I was permabanned from my account of 9 years with $1000 purchased, but came back to look at the forums a bit. Move to another game that is better. Yea that's the smartest thing to do for sure, and if you do play, don't give them a cent of your money.
dnsup (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-03-28T19:39:07.652+0000) > > Long story short humans in general are a bunch of soft, squishy, whiny fucking babies, until they're lucky enough to have the right life experiences smack it out of them. Even then it's not fully gone. I'm sure this _seems_ reasonable to you, but it's just not supported by the evidence. Belief in this er, "life philosophy" is largely down to upbringing, but in practice it doesn't work in humanity's favor.
> [{quoted}](name=dnsup,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2019-03-31T03:39:10.674+0000) > > I'm sure this _seems_ reasonable to you, but it's just not supported by the evidence. Belief in this er, "life philosophy" is largely down to upbringing, but in practice it doesn't work in humanity's favor. I would love to know what qualifies you to speak so confidently in humanity's behalf
: > [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8PALdJT0,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2019-03-28T19:29:05.039+0000) > > It blows my mind how you can act like this behavior is even remotely worth permanently banning a person's account of 9 years for. I genuinely hope you're never given any real power in your life if this is how you perceive justice. 100% Agreed on your comment
> [{quoted}](name=Mother Sorakaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8PALdJT0,comment-id=000400010002,timestamp=2019-03-29T00:21:03.075+0000) > > 100% Agreed on your comment Much love dude
: Why the game is dying
and it's getting more and more toxic because they think spamming permas is how you fix the problem lol people just make a new account and troll more carefully. Riot makes no attempt at understanding the problem more deeply, they just implement the cheapest solution. Classic big business move.
rujitra (NA)
: If you wish to discuss the difference between permanent bans and punishment levels please feel free to create your own threads. It is not appropriate for you to hijack threads of other users for your own personal opinions. Threads like this are for providing players the facts as they are, not what you think they should be, and they certainly aren’t for you to harass people you disagree with as you did to me here.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8PALdJT0,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2019-03-28T20:52:52.220+0000) > > If you wish to discuss the difference between permanent bans and punishment levels please feel free to create your own threads. It is not appropriate for you to hijack threads of other users for your own personal opinions. Threads like this are for providing players the facts as they are, not what you think they should be, and they certainly aren’t for you to harass people you disagree with as you did to me here. I hijacked nothing. This is a discussion board... for discussions. Discussions involve differences of opinions, both rules as they are AND how people think they should be. Me telling you that I think your perspective on justice is appalling isn't harassment. Exactly which part of our difference of opinion did you misinterpret as harassment? EDIT -- this is a perfect example of how a person can frame another person's motivations as harassment when in reality they simply don't like what they said and are fishing for sympathy. It's also exactly how players weaponize the report system in game "I don't like what he said so i reported him" which flags the system to review their chat logs and they might get punished for harmless banter with the enemy team that hurt no one. Gaping hole in the discipline system #1534
: > [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-03-28T19:39:07.652+0000) > > yea if you remove the human ego from the equation, people would laugh off criticism, learn from it, and keep playing to win. Unfortunately the ego is inseparable from the human psyche because it was a necessity that aided in our survival in our ancestral environment. Long story short humans in general are a bunch of soft, squishy, whiny fucking babies, until they're lucky enough to have the right life experiences smack it out of them. Even then it's not fully gone. > > The right choice is to say nothing. You'd think riot would be smart enough to just remove chat from the game, as it does more harm than good, or at least reserve it for high elo, but then they wouldn't have an excuse to rob you of everything you earned so you can buy it back on your new account! :) $$$$$$$ Sooo, when they have the right life-experiences smackitouttathem they turn into jerkwads? I mean, that’s mostly been my experience so far with peeps who preach that. Do agree that society needs to toughen up, though. :3 Humans are social animals.
> [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-03-28T19:51:29.888+0000) > > Sooo, when they have the right life-experiences smackitouttathem they turn into jerkwads? I mean, that’s mostly been my experience so far with peeps who preach that. > > Do agree that society needs to toughen up, though. :3 > > Humans are social animals. Hopefully it makes them better at receiving criticism.
Monlyth (NA)
: Criticism is a double-edged sword
yea if you remove the human ego from the equation, people would laugh off criticism, learn from it, and keep playing to win. Unfortunately the ego is inseparable from the human psyche because it was a necessity that aided in our survival in our ancestral environment. Long story short humans in general are a bunch of soft, squishy, whiny fucking babies, until they're lucky enough to have the right life experiences smack it out of them. Even then it's not fully gone. The right choice is to say nothing. You'd think riot would be smart enough to just remove chat from the game, as it does more harm than good, or at least reserve it for high elo, but then they wouldn't have an excuse to rob you of everything you earned so you can buy it back on your new account! :) $$$$$$$
: 9 years account got the first permaban by negative behavior teammates
I'm with you bud, it's bullshit. But unfortunately Riot's trash discipline system has horrendous gaping holes in it that won't be fixed any time soon, due to riots slow implosion as a mega-company, so my advice to you is to never type and focus that energy towards making plays and learning. They will never unban you and the people on this board drinking riot's koolaid will flame you and just make you feel worse in an already bad situation. Good luck on your next account.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Red Mage FTS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NfvGHQVE,comment-id=00000000000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T18:39:05.511+0000) > > I did call you a troll and am softly mocking you, well done! Thats one right obersvation thus far. Keep it up homie, we are making progress! > > Sorry, man, dont spend that much of my life watching league stuff so dont get the reference, I assume its more personal insults so you can avoid the topic at hand, that being, your not actually knowing whats being talked about. > > At this point in time im just gona keep responding to you showing where and how your wrong, dont matter to me one iota. > > Speak. _yawn_
: I think if you were going to empathize with the OP, you'd have at least directed him to [Support](https://support.riotgames.com), who would manually review the OP's case, or ask anything about the OP's punishment or what led up to the permanent ban. I get being disgruntled with the punishment system, but Riot is not going to reverse a ban that was correctly placed. And yes, the intent of a permanent ban is to encourage the player to spend their time elsewhere.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NfvGHQVE,comment-id=000000000001000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-03-28T18:14:14.351+0000) > > I think if you were going to empathize with the OP, you'd have at least directed him to [Support](https://support.riotgames.com), who would manually review the OP's case, or ask anything about the OP's punishment or what led up to the permanent ban. > > I get being disgruntled with the punishment system, but Riot is not going to reverse a ban that was correctly placed. > > And yes, the intent of a permanent ban is to encourage the player to spend their time elsewhere. Thanks for the info. I'm well aware of how riot markets and presents the intentions of their half baked rules. Whether or not the ban was correctly given is placed in the hands of the support person's perception of whether or not the one-sided chat log aligns with the rules in their handbook. Just like any good handbook, and any set of rules, they must evolve as different cases are presented. I'm just here to present new cases and get people to actually think instead of using buzz words and cookie cutter explanations the way support does. Unfortunately for me, the people on this board are a lot like people in the game, they take any opportunity to shit on other people without making an effort to fully understand what's really happening. I get it though, it's just an automated response caused by the countless complainers on here who don't actually have a point to make. It's also a reason why most mods on online boards/reddit/etc generally are straight up unempathetic and jump to conclusions, because they deal with the worst people on the internet on the regular basis. I get it. Still sucks.
: > [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NfvGHQVE,comment-id=0001000000000000000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T18:02:53.136+0000) > > I aint on a crusade, I'm just speaking from my experiences and based on almost a decade of playing this game it is evident that the discipline system has gaping holes. you want to pretend like it doesn't? Go on ahead. See? Speaking from personal experience, not objective fact. You go on believing what YOU want to believe. My time is better spent elsewhere. This is goodbye.
> [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NfvGHQVE,comment-id=00010000000000000002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T18:05:53.645+0000) > > See? Speaking from personal experience, not objective fact. You go on believing what YOU want to believe. > > This is goodbye. Let's see your concrete, objective facts buddy. This is a discussion board, not a research board. Everyone here generally speaks from their experiences lmaooooo it's just unfortunate that people like you who can't handle disagreements like to insult people whose perspective doesn't align with theirs. goodbye? FINALLY
: > [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NfvGHQVE,comment-id=00000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T17:50:17.178+0000) >If you made even a shred of an attempt to empathize you'd realize he made it because he's feeling really bad about what happened. I don't know what the OP is feeling. That would be an assumption. > You basically said "good, now gtfo". "You can go ahead and keep putting words in my mouth, its funny at this point. " >I made zero assumptions, proof is in the pudding and now you're just dodging LOL Proof is in all the assumptions that you've made.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NfvGHQVE,comment-id=000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T17:52:52.912+0000) > > I don't know what the OP is feeling. That would be an assumption. > > "You can go ahead and keep putting words in my mouth, its funny at this point. " > > Proof is in all the assumptions that you've made. Oh? That's not what you meant? My apologies. Please explain the motivation and goal of your original comment and dissolve any room for assumption.
Exibir mais

WarmAndCrispy

Nível 69 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão