: Not even true since Cassio, Aurelion and most ADCs beat him but alright "by a long shot" yikes
Yes, because a few ranged champions having 10 or less more HP than him at lvl 1 and hundreds less at lvl 18 is them having higher base HP. Sure.
: Auto Attack when Snared
Hit the "S" key. Works every time. Also, the "auto attack" feature is nothing but a potential detriment. Keep it off.
: any champ is useless behind r%%%%%.
Her entire gimmick relies on having a lead. Calling me names when you can't even utilize critical thinking lmao.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tin Obliterates,realm=EUNE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=HKUVFUpX,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-16T22:11:35.065+0000) > > Preference, I guess. There's something so satisfying about Aatrox's W pulling Vlad back through his pull into your Q. Though I think all those 3 champs have lower playrates than Aatrox on top (and obviously they're not gonna vs Vlad every game so there won't be much data for that matchup), so that's probably why they might have a higher WR against him than Aatrox. Personal preferences aside, it is true that those 3 do have less game played which might indeed skew the winrates in their favors due to a higher percentage of mains or such. But Mordekaiser is at a respectable 8300 games played against Aatrox´s 9400 while keeping a 2% better winrate, i´d say he seems safe enough^^
That's mostly because most people are garbage at Aatrox and don't know how to utilize his lead well. His overall winrate is garbage so of course he'll have a lower winrate compared to them. He still trashes Vlad the hardest, and if you play him decently, can do more than a Yorick or Volibear ever will with the lead.
: u.gg / NA.GG / mobalytics.gg they all pull the same information. Specifically I use U.GG as they pass through the raw data from RIOT's API and dont input their opinion. just because your experience is mid Elo doesn't make that how the game is. you yourself above state that you started spamming Vlad because of ranged matchup's.
I started playing Vlad because MELEE champions were being designed to auto-win if they get in range. That's kind of hard to play around when you are also melee. I didn't start playing Vlad because of ranged match-ups. Old Irelia crushed the majority of ranged top laners.
: So When is ryze nerf and when his next rework ?
Ryze has the highest base HP out of all ranged champions by a long shot. Even longer shot if you don't include the melee champion that was recently buffed to be ranged {{champion:427}} .
: he generally walks over both. because you have issues with them doesn't mean they are "Counters".
He doesn't generally walk over both lmao. Aatrox has a massive 600 exp lead over him at 15 minutes, and 750 gold over him. And averages a kill in the majority of games before 15 minutes vs him. Ryze out-ranges him and out-damages him from level 1 to 18. He heals more than Vlad does with the help of Ravenous Hunter and catalyst FFS. If you think he walks over both of them, you've clearly never played Vlad enough to have a valid opinion of him.
: Data is hard https://imgur.com/a/AsSbsrL
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Sneaky Beaky,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EVuATbtO,comment-id=000300000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-11-16T21:42:21.663+0000) > > Data is hard > > https://imgur.com/a/AsSbsrL I'm talking about this line >If he really didnt have any problems he would not average a top 2 - 3 pick ban average for over 5 seasons. He hasn't been top 2-3 pin OR ban for over 5 seasons by any stretch of the imagination. Hell, he's not top 2-3 pick ban average right now, even. Also, stop cherry picking your stats from diamond+ top lane. In masters+ his ban rate is only 21%, and in plat+ its only 25%. Trying to use diamond top lane stats only just because the numbers suit your argument doesn't look good for you. You wanna know his ban rate in challenger? 9.4%. But you probably don't want to talk about that because it doesn't suit your argument, right?
: Can ekko ult out? He's also untargetable
> [{quoted}](name=Hexs Fortune,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sbFRwgcb,comment-id=00010005,timestamp=2019-11-16T20:41:41.924+0000) > > Can ekko ult out? He's also untargetable No.
: Can we Please fixe camille interaction with yummi ? it Doesnt make any sence
If yuumi uses W during the jump, the ability (camille R) should cancel like how any other untargetability functions. If she can W out AFTER the barrier comes out, there's something wrong and it should be changed.
: > [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EVuATbtO,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-15T04:24:49.550+0000) > > Vlad's auto range is very punishable to most top laners. His CDs are as well, before considering that a lot of bruisers actually out-range you as far as abilities. He only has lane control before first back if he doesnt pull out a significant lead. > > If you took magical footwear and they buy boots first back, they wont let you touch the wave until it crashes into turret if they're smart. > > Part of the reason he grabs protobelt first is how terrible and punishable his waveclear is. > > ------------------- > > You have to remember he has one of the worst ranges among ranged champs, one of the worst base MS, and utterly lacks utility. If you want to get onto him, you easily can with most champs before he grabs sorc shoes. > > His early is extremely punishable. Most top laners respect you way too much when playing Vlad. If his empowered Q isnt up, go ham. Especially if he just used E. Even if he uses phase rush+pool, that gives you 30+ seconds of complete lane control, barring jungle interference. Not every top laner is capable of going ham every time his empowered q is dow n. Not everyone plays champs with no cds like riven and kennen. And most of the time vlads will not use empowered q and e at the same time. So the melee champ attempts to engage after vlad uses q, if he reaches vlad vlad pools and kites unpools releases e boom vlad lost 20% current hp (from pool) enemy melee lost 25% max hp. Even if the vlad player really fucks up and has pool on cd as well they still kite and hit the melee with e and slow and auto them while walking away so even if the melee took 25% hp for a 50% hp trade on vlad it isn't worth it bc vlad has infinite sustain so trading actually is counterproductive and doesn't help unless you can instantly kill him
> [{quoted}](name=Minimac2000,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EVuATbtO,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2019-11-16T18:58:37.467+0000) > > Not every top laner is capable of going ham every time his empowered q is dow n. Not everyone plays champs with no cds like riven and kennen. And most of the time vlads will not use empowered q and e at the same time. So the melee champ attempts to engage after vlad uses q, if he reaches vlad vlad pools and kites unpools releases e boom vlad lost 20% current hp (from pool) enemy melee lost 25% max hp. Even if the vlad player really fucks up and has pool on cd as well they still kite and hit the melee with e and slow and auto them while walking away so even if the melee took 25% hp for a 50% hp trade on vlad it isn't worth it bc vlad has infinite sustain so trading actually is counterproductive and doesn't help unless you can instantly kill him Wait, you think vlad deals good damage with E during laning? Please go play him and tell me how helpless you feel, expecting it to do good damage before sorc shoes and 1 completed item. Also, Vlad's sustain is horrible basically any point before level 9. Almost any champ can poke for more than he heals and more often mid, or trade more frequently and for more than he heals.
: The issue is you look at diamond + at that level almost anyone can play a champion with no mechanics with a low skill ceiling at the same level a professional would. Differing factor for a champion as vlad becomes map awareness, objective playing, and focus. Like i dont expect rando to play akali or swain like hes on G2. I however expect that of rando on vlad.
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Sneaky Beaky,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EVuATbtO,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-11-16T12:56:02.115+0000) > > The issue is you look at diamond + at that level almost anyone can play a champion with no mechanics with a low skill ceiling at the same level a professional would. > > Differing factor for a champion as vlad becomes map awareness, objective playing, and focus. > > Like i dont expect rando to play akali or swain like hes on G2. I however expect that of rando on vlad. Vlad actually does take skill. Please take a look at his winrate in each tier and notice how it goes down the further down you go. Otherwise he would have a great winrate at lower tiers. Not being mechanically intensive doesnt mean a character lacks skill expression. He's not Garen. He can't just go in and expect to come out ahead.
: If you dig into his counters. Just based on raw diamond + statisics of who wins vs him. He has 3 counters top lane Nasus, trndymere, irelia 1 counter mid Zoe 1 adc counter Draven 4 jungle counters Shaco, graves, olad, karth Nasus has the ability of infinitely scaling and never leaving top. No matter what a good nasus player maintains stacking rates. Its why the champion has almost an 80% win rate in games longer then 40 minutes. Trndymere has the advantage of just raw damage and a do not die button which allow s extream abuse of vlad only weakness which is sustained all in Irelia Well theres even a song about nerfing irelia. Shes insane when played mechanically well. Zoe Is a monster. Multiple damage passives and one of the hardest bursts in the game without ever getting into a trade if played well. Draven Benefits from stacking BT and sustain runes with his q damage. This allows him to turn after the burst and be back up to full before the second burst. Jungles i feel like are just the most played currently and play off the fact they can force 2v1s consistently in top lane in todays meta.
You're missing loads of counters btw. Anivia, ryze, ori, malz, etc are well known counters. Aatrox, heimer, jayce, kayle, kass, kled, yorick, riven, renekton, rumble, etc all do VERY well into him. Seriously, yorick, aniv, and ori are some of his hardest counters. You just going off winrates for counters doesn't really have merit. Just because a champ wins more doesn't mean they counter you. It means they're more reliable than you. You're going to argue that ryze and aatrox dont counter him because "muh winrate" when both have horrible winrates in solo queue?...and lately so does vlad. Yet they both trash him in lane.
: Woon im not trying to be rude. But you are a gold 1 Vladimir one trick. I feel like youre on the extream bias side of "dont change my champion". If he really didnt have any problems he would not average a top 2 - 3 pick ban average for over 5 seasons. The issue is nerfing him would remove the only reason (all be it a few people who enjoy playing him) to play him. He fundamentally needs brought up to current standards with a rework. He probably on a list somewhere after the vollie and fiddlesticks rework if i was a betting man. The highest win rate in diamond + of 58.94% over 1400 matches is proto rush (not even T1 boots), into straight sorce shoes. That is the essential must to play Vladimir. Followed by rabs into either zhons if they are heavy ad or spirit if theyre AP / mixed damage.
Show me where you got your info, because I'm extremely sure you are reading something incorrectly. Vlad hasn't had a high banrate with the exception of now outside of relevancy in proplay. Everyone knows 1700g is the optimal first back for kindlegem+codex. The only reason you dont get T1 boots is because you take magical footwear most of the time. Also, not sure what my rank has to do with anything.
: Buff Sona's Base Stats A Bit?
Remember: Just because you buy tear doesn't mean you have to finish it. Its EXTREMELY cost efficient, and raises the efficiency of mana in general with its mana cost reduction. If you don't plan on going high AP/mana, you can just sell it later. Buying it on Taric isn't uncommon, for example. But sometimes he'll go chalice or catalyst instead, or even at the same time lol. One should be plenty for Sona though.
: why are so many of the matches lopsided?
Because Riot expanded the MMR gap allowed in matchmaking, and the game is extremely snowbally now.
: Vlad is disgusting right now prove me wrong
48.35% winrate. Not even a high pickrate. Nasus counters him. Anyone top lane can build boots+phage, since he probably took magical footwear, and completely zone him from CS. In a lot of cases, even XP. Most of them can do a no-brain engage on him, force his pool+phase rush, then have nearly 30 seconds where he isn't allowed in XP range or risks death. Start treating him like you would a Nasus and you'll soon realize how abusable he is early.
: Champions that make the game very unfun
I notice you have a Yasuo icon and didn't mention him. Hmmm.... ______________ Also you missed EVERY FUCKING ASSASSIN IN THE GAME.
Shahamut (NA)
: New preseason, new Skarner? (Long Post)
Personally I'm fine with the current Skarner. Building bruiser early doesn't feel bad because you'll feel just as squishy if you fall behind as tank. {{item:1400}} {{item:3078}} {{item:3053}} {{item:3742}} {{item:3194}} {{item:2422}} is exactly how I want to play skarner. You don't feel gimped outside of your spires, and inside them you're a god. If he really needs anything, slow resist on W, as you suggested, would be a fine buff. He has all the tools he needs to succeed as he currently is. He's just not exciting to play for a lot of people. If he gets reworked, what I want most is W CD reduced by AAs again. If E got returned to a self-heal instead of CC for dueling potential, then entire kit's CDs going down with AAs. Hell, with original Skarner, they could have kept the slow on his Q and just added a per-target CD that scales down (if at all) with levels (or CDR?). I would have been completely fine with that. OG Skarner's E was often regarded as 'useless', but that wasn't the case. He was just too mana hungry early and it did very little at low ranks and without the additional EHP of resists. Once you started putting points in E late game, you had incredible staying power in fights due to how often you could spam E and W in combination with all of your resists. For those of you that don't remember his old E, even the wiki page doesn't list the old version. >Fracture (E) Skarner summons a blast of crystalline energy which deals damage to enemies struck and marks them. Any further damage dealt to marked targets by Skarner will allow him to consume the mark to heal himself.
: In shop, Morellonomicon, Lost Chapter, and Amplifying Tome should be searchable as "Book"
TBH custom champion build templates should come back (you can still use them if you edit files, but do so at your own risk), and custom search tags should be included as well. I don't see any reason for them to have been removed. All it did was piss off some players. Removing convenience is never a good thing, especially when we have FUCKING ENEMY CAMP SPAWN TIMES BEING ADDED NEXT SEASON.
Hawk32 (EUNE)
: You think champs who are useless, or OP, based on early game performance is good for the game tho? Snowballing is out of control as it is.
I mean, that's the general trend of the game. Get a lead or don't and be useless. Even lanes are relatively rare, sadly. I don't like it, but that's just how Riot has pushed the meta. Senna isn't out of place in that meta, and even without the scaling range, the general trend would be the same.
: I agree. Although he has some flaws, the reason he's p/b the most is because of how much of a monster he becomes mid/late game. His q can heal him up to full almost, is point and click (like honestly most of his spells) and the way he builds, if he builds defensive, he will still do damage. His saftey is also up there. The W combined with Hourglass means he's about the fizz level of annoyance in terms of survivability on a much lower cd than fizz e (oh and allows him to do damage while healing himself) Healing reduction needs a rework. I have seen vlads with and without spirit visages tank entire teams (ala mundo) because the q gets to be on like a 1-2 second cd. Sure healing reduction works in the early game, but that's only because I believe it's designed for the early game and not mid/late when most if not all tanks or people with self heals get Spirit visage. I personally think this is because Damage is WAY to friggen high right now which also means it's less effective. especially when a vlad is healing for 500-600 per q even after reduction because of how much AP he has.. Riot wonders why champions are almost perma banned.. yet, refuses to even look at the main reasons why claiming skill of the champion is 100% the reason why...
Did you really just say Vlad's 28-16 second CD W has a lower CD than fizz's 16-10 second CD E? Lmao. What are you smoking? His W's damage is lackluster, and the healing even moreso. Vlad also doesn't have mobility on his W, unlike Fizz E. Fizz ALSO doesn't have delays that get him killed after coming out of E/zhonya's. Vlad is also NEVER healing 500-600 per Q after reduction. Empowered Q, maybe if he's almost dead. Every Q? Go into practice tool and check if you can even hit 600 per Q WITHOUT reduction without stacking RoAs.
: I think part of the issue is his empowered q and passive synergy as tank. 296(+111%ap) dmg With his heal being max hp as well. He then gets ap for bonus hp. Spirit visage, proto, and rylias. Theyre all extreamly synergy items for him
Spirit visage gimps his damage heavily and will almost never be built unless he really needs MR. Rylai's is one of his most situational items. Even moreso than Liandry's. Spellbinder does the same thing for him while offering him 1v9 potential from flanking, avoiding CC, and avoiding being kited by the ADC. Then the active doubling down on it and granting a massive MS+AP bonus.
: 2500 gold on proto makes it an extreamly good item on vlad due to his passive giving AP for HP. If you top out at 7200gold a match you match for 3600 being 50% you may need to relook at how you play. Average for vladimir is around 11,000 per match with average tops ending around 13,000
I said 4600 for the codex you WILL be purchasing before you finish protobelt. Plus sorc shoes. Most matches are effectively decided or over by the time you hit 4600, let alone 10k gold. Point is that finishing protobelt equates to mid-game. Laning phase is over by that time, and has been for a while unless you're absurdly fed. _______________ Also, if you're getting your numbers from champion.gg, that site's statistics are no longer reliable. At all. There's a reason people stopped using it. Even league of graphs says ~10600g average. 4600g is just 700 shy of being 50% of his average gold. That's not even 2 basic components or a tier 2 component of any kind for him.
: The only bruisers with legit hard cc are camille, jax, and renekton. That’s it. One of which is an empowered auto attack which can’t be used against phase rush mages, one is easily telegraphed and avoidable when you have 800 movement speed, and the other can be interrupted by cc. This is such a stupid argument.
> [{quoted}](name=Drakalops,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cX3VkYEd,comment-id=000200030001,timestamp=2019-11-14T20:14:20.264+0000) > > The only bruisers with legit hard cc are camille, jax, and renekton. That’s it. One of which is an empowered auto attack which can’t be used against phase rush mages, one is easily telegraphed and avoidable when you have 800 movement speed, and the other can be interrupted by cc. This is such a stupid argument. {{champion:266}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:107}} {{champion:421}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:517}} {{champion:254}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:157}} All of these have the capacity to be played as a bruiser, and have in the past. Every single one of them has non-ult hard CC, with the most unreliable probably being Kled, Nocturne, and Fiora. Jax, Renekton, and Camille have some of the most consistent hard CC among them. Phase rush doesn't move faster than Renekton's double dash in ANY capacity or situation. Interrupting Camille's E rarely happens unless the camille is an idiot especially vs phase rush users, and Jax's E isn't going to miss EVER unless he starts it way too early or way too late, which would be a misplay on his part...not because phase rush makes you invincible. Stop jerking yourself off and admit that phase rush users aren't even that strong atm. The most consistent being Cassiopeia, and she sits at a 51% winrate with less than 3% play rate. Also, stop with the 800 MS hyperbole. It grants less MS than Ghost at all stages of the game, only lasts 3 seconds, and at most gain ~500 TOTAL MS due to the movement speed soft cap. That's an effective 25% MS bonus. Hardly the 100% bonus you're implying.
: A lot of interesting discussion. I see alot of people bringing up hashinshin I didnt really take his opinions into consideration. Where hes mechanically good. He lacks a lot of awareness and tends to snowball on his own frustrations with the game. I was mainly looking at the raw data. In ranked flex you see an almost 50% P/B rate despite Vladimir having a negitive win rate. Personally i feel vlad needs a reboot. His current kit and mechanics are from an era of the game being much simplier. How to reboot him im not sure. Though there could be an interesting play on his design to make him a much more interesting champion with a place. Instead of a P/B safety pick. Hopefully in the direction of a morde postive rework and not an aatrox rework that has seen difficult time finding where riot wants him. As for the wave clear I have always found sorc shoes protobelt rush has always been more then enough to gurentee an even lane phase.
If Riot rebooted vlad he'd be even more frustrating to face than he currently is. Look at their track record. They'd double down on his late game scaling. Also how does 3700g guarantee an even laning phase? 4600 if you include codex first. Thats 50% of the gold you'll be spending the entire match in a lot of cases. You're already winning or losing hard by that point.
KazKaz (OCE)
: Good thing everyone is so braindead they run Dark Harvest, Fleet and Electrocute over other better keystones.
> [{quoted}](name=KazKaz,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5kJncu2M,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-11-15T08:14:30.996+0000) > > Good thing everyone is so braindead they run Dark Harvest, Fleet and Electrocute over other better keystones. All because youtube clickbait "pro players" like redmercy and bunnyfufu on the PBE that got 60 kills in a scripted game recommended it. I dont think some people understand the difference between reliability and snowballing.
: I kind of figured it was something like that, and yeah ive noticed playing against and with allied shens that his base ms is pretty low, fitting his niche as a counter-engager/warden.
> [{quoted}](name=Tr4shB4NSYST3M,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nzTjavEv,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-11-15T06:21:07.996+0000) > > I kind of figured it was something like that, and yeah ive noticed playing against and with allied shens that his base ms is pretty low, fitting his niche as a counter-engager/warden. Shens base ms is middleground. Its not low, just nocturne's is higher. You can do similar stuff with nocturne, minus team utility, but vs shen and top laners, you can ult to prevent tp/shen/galio ults. Only reason i mentioned him. Plus i think nocturne is infinitely more interesting as a bruiser than an assassin.
: over stated/buffed/nerfed champions
Diana is the most over-stated, overbuffed champ of all time. Watch what happens when the E/R swap announced goes through. Shes going to dominate at 53% almosy instantly.
: Most shens I see build {{item:3748}} outside of support, and it does seem like his Q would work well with {{item:3078}}, and in that type of build {{item:3053}} would definitely be quite nice. Idk, id be curious to see what his base stats look like compared to other toplane champs, maybe he needs to build the durability idk.
Low base armor and HP. If you wanted to build HP+AD, you'd honestly probably get more out of nocturne. Higher base armor, higher base health, higher base MS, etc. He even gets a nifty additional (non-scaling) AS buff at level 1 like shen does.
TehNACHO (NA)
: So...why exactly do Shen players build Tank?
Titanic already gives him dueling supremacy. Shen doesn't really have AD scaling, so building utility HP items and the resists you need to survive with them for your team often helps most after titanic. If you really want to build bruiser, titanic+Frozen Mallet is what you should probably do. TF is barely worth it because the CDR+attack speed is useful, and most other items that provide a significant amount don't offer health, but frozen mallet provides more for your team and offers 700 HP. Its still probably better to just go tank instead though. Most champs already can't run from you, and a slow from an item like omen will be a death sentence with your team around anyway. Sterak's isn't that worth it because his base AD isn't very high, he doesn't have AD scaling, and TF is just more worth it if you really want to delay tank items further. You can't go for it 3rd item because you're delaying armor/mr for too long at that point and will start to feel the struggles the bruiser class does: getting instantly nuked despite having 3500-4000 HP in an attempt to keep your damage relevant.
: Urgot mid, Singed top, Voli support, Swain adc because of his passive pull, and Skarner jngl.
Thresh is closer to a 'fling' in regards to swain/skarner. His Q funcions like Swain's E+passive, and his flay functions much more closely to a 'fling'. Taliyah is another candidate.
Weensw (NA)
: If you want to play a fling comp for fun, what lanes can those hero go?
Voli can actually go mid as AP. Flash R auto QE auto W 100-0s most mid laners and they never expect it, especially if you ended up with hextech revolver. You can snowball hard off that. He doesn't get punished that much by minions if you use Q to engage, provided you dodge their CC and end up hitting them, because his E fears nearby minions. Yes, its cheesy. Anyone above plat will probably not fall for it. But its still doable due to the surprising burst, and quite funny. Just be sure to rush protobelt.
TehNACHO (NA)
: Yeah, Top Lane is just full of broken and untouchable champions that take no skill and are absolutely no fun to play against after all.
Yeah part of the reason I stopped playing bruisers and started playing vlad was so I didn't have to deal with how bullshit being melee was into most of the MELEE match-ups. Pre-rework Irelia into pre-rework darius? Literally nothing you could do unless your jungler bailed you out. Irelia, Jax, etc into singed or malphite? Nothing you can do to him. Then there's the ranged bullies. The ACTUAL ranged bullies; not just ranged top laners. Somebody decided to play quinn or teemo? Hope you have fun not being able to lane for the next 15 minutes.
Axxuka (NA)
: People need to learn Senna FAST
Yeah, most people fail to realize she's not pyke and can't afford AD itemization as support. AS/crit is fine because they're basically on a support budget. They're absurdly cheap for offensive itemization at 2600g each. As far as Mortal reminder goes, you're better off just grabbing Executioner's Calling and sitting on it if you want to reduce healing. Only upgrade if you need the armor pen, but IMO there's probably higher priority stuff on a utility champ with free scaling. People also fail to realize her AD scaling is pretty poor overall. Building it isn't cost efficient since you get free AD. Same reason high MMR veigar players build mostly utility, as opposed to as much AP as they can. Only difference is veigar's ratios are extremely high so he needs the additional AP even less and AD costs significantly more than AP; it about evens out between the two as far as effectiveness and budget. Once {{item:2065}} gets its stats reworked, it'll be another great item on senna with her E. Will also allow her team to follow up on her W more reliably. Relatively low priority item though. "Win more" basically, but then again, so is Runaan's and a full mortal reminder on support.
TehNACHO (NA)
: Just to be clear, you're preaching to the choir man.
Just saying because hashinshin fans and a lot of the boards seem to think vlad is some untouchable god.
TehNACHO (NA)
: Having the spell cast and auto attack range advantage is often good enough to establish lane control, at least in the case of Top Lane Vlad. But yeah until he has some items under his belt the damage behind his waveclear is pretty bad.
Vlad's auto range is very punishable to most top laners. His CDs are as well, before considering that a lot of bruisers actually out-range you as far as abilities. He only has lane control before first back if he doesnt pull out a significant lead. If you took magical footwear and they buy boots first back, they wont let you touch the wave until it crashes into turret if they're smart. Part of the reason he grabs protobelt first is how terrible and punishable his waveclear is. ------------------- You have to remember he has one of the worst ranges among ranged champs, one of the worst base MS, and utterly lacks utility. If you want to get onto him, you easily can with most champs before he grabs sorc shoes. His early is extremely punishable. Most top laners respect you way too much when playing Vlad. If his empowered Q isnt up, go ham. Especially if he just used E. Even if he uses phase rush+pool, that gives you 30+ seconds of complete lane control, barring jungle interference.
: can we talk about Vlad for a second?
Wait, did you just suggest vlad has wave control? He sucks at pushing until at least level 12. One mistimed/over/under charged E ruins an entire wave as far as csing under turret. He cant freeze mid because everyone can break it safely. Top lane is a gamble because most of the laners eat you alive if they actually punish your CDs. And either way you're still at the mercy of your team.
: > [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=t0sZIxZq,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-14T04:24:25.503+0000) > > High AP items should NEVER include CDR. > > CDR items shouldnt have more than 60 AP. Especially the ones with 20% CDR. > > CDR items probably shouldnt be defensive. They should come with powerful actives that cater toward champs that want to "dps" more than their poke/burst counterparts. > > Trinity force should both GIVE adaptive force and deal the respective damage type. Lich bane should be removed. 0 interaction 1 shot passive is pretty dumb. > > AP bruisers should be rebalanced to not feel punished building Sunfire. Think about that one for a minute. Basically, encourage people not to build glass cannon on them. > > AP assassins would be losing their CDR and lichbane, so they might actually end up balanced. Everything AP has broken scaling if they ever are capable of considering gunblade or lichbane. > > Poke would either go high damage or higher reliability via cdr. They would no longer get both. I agree with this except for removing lichbane, remove the CDR however. I think they should balance the game on giving assassin high AP and magic pen but no CDR, maybe changing {{item:3157}} to give magic pen but removing the armor and cooldown reduction so AP assassins have the ability to go in and pray that their team helps them after. Mages should have health and cooldown reduction but lower AP so they can apply their CC throughout a battle, and juggernauts should have health and access to DPS and sticking to their target.
Why should lichbane remain in the game? It basically guarantees one-shots. Its a far more broken version of duskblade. If you don't acknowledge that, you may have some bias. Lichbane should be an AP 'skirmisher' item. In which case you might as well just make TF adaptive and remove it, because it better fulfills that niche. The only reason someone should want to keep lichbane is so they can keep abusing a broken item. If lichbane is to remain, its AP ratio at the very least needs to be nerfed, and the bAD ratio increased to 100%. Unless for some reason you think Ekko having an effective 90% AP ratio+175% bAD scaling on his E could ever be balanced. Hell, look at how much protobelt's active has been nerfed. Its WAY harder to land all bolts on a single target than to use the spellblade proc. Yet compare the damage. Also CD.
Saezio (EUNE)
: Thanks. I just think it would be a rune that encourages strategy and planning and would allow you to improvise during a game giving the player some choices. Whereas an RNG rune that lasts for so little time is just useless. Only reason to pick it would be if someone wanted Inspiration secondaries but didn't like Unsealed or Glacial AT ALL.
It would be a lot more interesting if keystones actually DID something rather than just adding damage the majority of the time.
: Ad items have more options since they're more types of champions. The majority of ap champions are just a different type of mage, there is one juggernaut, like 3 divers and I guess a marksman maybe two. Cass wants similar items to a arhi whereas a cait wants VERY different items from a talon. Like mages may play differently but overall they want the same things when it comes to items. I will agree with you. There itemization needs more diversity items like {{item:3157}} or {{item:3285}} need to be changed so they can't be built on basically every ap champion. We need more items like {{item:3152}} or {{item:3027}} they help a specific type of champion while not being good on most.
Zhonyas needs a cd nerf. Thats about it. GA can be built on every AD and often is, so I dont see the issue with Zhonyas being bought on every AP. AP scalings, however, need to be nerfed across most of the roster. Either that or utility/base damage of most AP champs. Nobody should be 1 shotting with just Zhonyas.
: {{champion:245}} is an assassin
> [{quoted}](name=HP Crookshanks,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=t0sZIxZq,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-11-14T03:09:31.070+0000) > > {{champion:245}} is an assassin Hes a diver that can be an assassin because of how limited and binary ap itemization is. Lichbane especially. Lichbane should be removed and trinity force should grant adaptive force instead of AP, and deal the relevant damage type. Rebalance from there. Look at all the tools he has and try to tell me he's ever going to achieve a state of balance as an assassin.
: AP itemization
High AP items should NEVER include CDR. CDR items shouldnt have more than 60 AP. Especially the ones with 20% CDR. CDR items probably shouldnt be defensive. They should come with powerful actives that cater toward champs that want to "dps" more than their poke/burst counterparts. Trinity force should both GIVE adaptive force and deal the respective damage type. Lich bane should be removed. 0 interaction 1 shot passive is pretty dumb. AP bruisers should be rebalanced to not feel punished building Sunfire. Think about that one for a minute. Basically, encourage people not to build glass cannon on them. AP assassins would be losing their CDR and lichbane, so they might actually end up balanced. Everything AP has broken scaling if they ever are capable of considering gunblade or lichbane. Poke would either go high damage or higher reliability via cdr. They would no longer get both.
Fluffi (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GreenTeaAndPoro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RYzjkAif,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-13T14:46:11.220+0000) > > you can't force low elo players to be better I mean, I get that plat is low elo, I just had hoped by the time we hit the top 10% of the ladder that people wouldn't consistently give up for no reason or mentally boom every game. guess I'm just dumb lul
You got it backwards my dude. Past gold, people's mental gets weaker the higher you climb.
: This keystone is more random and useless than Kleptomancy. Granted, it has its advantages, but do they really outweigh the cost of taking the rune? Why would you take Omnistone if you could just take a more consistent, guaranteed synergy rune? The randomization of the rune itself is its downfall. There is no reason as to why you would take this over any other rune that has better consistent synergy with your champion. Kleptomancy was toxic because it allowed users to advance their lead faster than their opponent, and was often used in cheese strats to gain huge gold advantages over the enemy (see the Spellthief/Kleptomancy meta). The inherent RNG and gold advantage made it difficult to balance because it was either too strong by giving to much, or too weak by giving nothing. Those were the two options. Omnistone will suffer a worse fate. The randomness of the rune choices leave very little options for intelligent play. How are you going to be able to predict how a fight will turn out if you don't even know what your keystone will be when it starts? You have time to see your rune, but you can't always play around it so quickly during the game. Omnistone needs to be changed before they push it out. I think Kleptomancy has its problems and needs to be removed, but this is not a better solution.
Some champions dont have an optimal rune. The element of surprise would benefit them much more than some keystone choices. Its too niche to see use on more than mundo top, really, though. Not a good keystone, but not as useless as people are making it out to be. Part of the problem is that the new conqueror ends up hogging a lot of its potential users.
: these are really helpful, thanks! I have to cast abilities simultaneously though?
> [{quoted}](name=AndurilWielder,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0aRIzEHM,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-13T09:36:43.067+0000) > > these are really helpful, thanks! > > I have to cast abilities simultaneously though? In some cases, yes.
ApolloCA (NA)
: vlad
Beating him in lane is pretty easy as most champs. If you can't kill him, get jungle help. If you put him behind, its VERY easy to keep him behind and make him worth nothing more than a 10% damage buff for his team.
: > [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3npn3e6E,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-11-13T05:31:42.690+0000) > > TBH, conqueror will be better. Its like a free gunblade passive, and Jax LOVES gunblade, but he ends up too squishy when building it, since he basically requires trinity force as well. > > Conqueror is going to make Jax feel SO much tankier in his ult. Provided he isn't attacking a tank. Oh I know conq will be great on Jax. I’m just saying he is a champ that might feasibly be able to take Omnistone.
I still think Mundo would be a great candidate, since he doesn't really have an optimal keystone. No, he doesn't benefit a lot from Grasp; only on paper. He doesn't trade that much with it, since he's often forced to Q minions at max range to survive laning. The HP he ends up getting from it by the end of the game isn't terribly impressive usually. Getting comet for a Q poke would land every time though, Aery would make his Qs have a higher minimum damage, basically, Hail of Blades would be a free all-in win. There's tons of convenient situations that come up for every single keystone, some of which massively change what he's capable of.
: Ranger's Focus COST: 50 Mana + 4 Focus ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
My bad, I misread. Her mana costs are absurdly low though, especially considering the fact that E is free. And with her cooldowns, she don't really have much downtime you can abuse.
JoshTGW (NA)
: Wrong Ashe Nerf and the Real Problem with the Character
Make her Q and E cost mana. Problem solved.
Exibir mais

WoonStruck

Nível 73 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão