: People that spend money Vs. people that don't spend money on league
So fast forward to now, guys I don't wanna say I told you so but.... Jacksonville, Florida.... please pray for their lost souls. I only hope that riot never has something like that happen to them
: Your money doesn't buy you freedom to be toxic. Simple Truth.
> [{quoted}](name=SkyeMoon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=noi9XsVM,comment-id=00080000000100000001,timestamp=2018-04-02T21:04:36.994+0000) > > Your money doesn't buy you freedom to be toxic. Simple Truth. but the fact of the matter is riot can't stop people from being toxic, it's impossible to stop everybody but the current system can't even be consistent so if i'm going to get verbally abused or in what other way possible a player wants to make me mad there's no protection for me besides mute then riot says that's your fault we're not going to owe up to it; the fact that our game has the most toxic community out of all the games and if you like the game and spend money on it you have to worry about losing it you can't even at least argue back, now i know it doesn't stop the situation but i think it's a lot better if someone yells at me i yell at them that's just nature and how humans react i would rather put up with that for 20 minutes and lose a game forget about it and move on then to put up with it game after game and then when i say something it triggers an algorithm. i'm not saying because i spend money i deserve more rights i'm saying people that don't spend money (this isn't everybody, but the players that make multiple accounts/ smurf accounts/ just trolling for fun because the game is "free to play") impose on your rights to enjoy the game and the system is set up to grab as much money possible instead of protect the players interest after they've spent their money
Comentários de Rioters
: Riot employees do play the game. How many games would be "sufficient" to put a riot employee in? And how many would have to work/work overnight? How about instead of you expecting riot to hire hundreds of employees to get a .1% of games played "covered" you actually report people and let their system work? It's fairly clear what gets you punished and what doesn't. It's basically don't be a jerk. And all of your comments show that you most likely don't have a real job, nor a basic understanding of how a business works. You can demand anything you want, however cost and the actual functionality of your "demands" wouldn't actually work in real life, just in your little imaginary world you cooked up in your mind. How the real world works in business is for every new idea you have to have a report for it. You have to estimate the cost, think of ways to implement it and report it to the others in your business. If it's too costly or not something that is possible, then it will not work. Before just making blind demands like " have a riot employee in games just to ban people" come up with a report showcasing all aspects of it and then when you do that, look at it and realize how dumb your suggestion is when looking at the cost and people needed to be hired.
when did i demand anything? You are literally attacking me just calling me dumb instead of discussing the topic. but how many games would be sufficient depends I would imagine that it's something that over time accumulates. you can say i sound like i don't have a job but again that's just you attacking me and not really helping from the sounds of your post you have somewhat intelligence but you also sound like you don't have a lot of friends because you think you're smarter than everybody. and for business and my world this post was more or less talking about why it is that people come here and then just get attack so i would rather not keep this subject going because we can just agree to disagree and i don't have to attack you back because this in essence is why league gets so toxic i think we can agree and the point was to fix this in the first place
: I wonder what category that puts you in. By the matter you made the post I'd comfortably assume that you fall on the side of thise who think money gives you meaning. And to that, I agree it's delusional. Age means nothing if you have common sense in the right light.
I can comfortably assume you don't understand the value of a dollar because it's only ever been given to you. go sweat out in the sun put in hours of overtime and then see how much money you have after rent and bills without your parents paying for it
: > [{quoted}](name=chronicbomber420,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ig3lxiv4,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-04-01T20:07:06.014+0000)well what im saying about paroling the game is actually getting out in the field and seeing it for themselves and applying bans as they see fit. ...but I *play* *League*. I *know* what it's like. I also don't have the power to ban people on the spot, even if I wanted to. I'm also not Riot -- I'm a volunteer. Also, having actual human in-game moderators wouldn't really work -- the scale of *League* is simply too large, and you'd have to allow those volunteers to see the entire behavior and punishment history of each player. It's really a step *down* from the system we have now.
It doesn't have to be EVERY game, just the fact thats there is an unknown factor that you never know if its your game or not would be able to deter the misconduct. the old system has to prove the player is doing it and then have evidence but allows for people to just work around it. I can just misspell a word to keep from picking up on the system also i can't program passive aggressive behavior into the system. and THIS isn't the ONLY idea sheesh why can't we help each other come up with a lot of ideas to try? maybe make a cheesy phrase that when you type kys or f you its puts "i love you" in chat instead
: So how would they do that? All you've done is complain without actually putting in any suggestions that would work. "Put a riot employee in every game to watch it" is not a real suggestion, you have no idea how to actually implement that not how much money that would cost.
LOL, with the money riot makes they can easily afford to expand operations adding a sub division within the organization designated to playing the game as live moderators. you wouldn't have to have someone in EVERY game but the fact that people are in games is enough to start deterring people just by adding in the element of you don't know. so tell me what makes a REAL suggestion because it seems easy to talk down to me and tell me i have no idea what im talking about you seem to know and i would like to hear what you think. and why is it ME implementing all of it doesn't riot have a entire company with a staff that makes decisions together or do you have any idea how a company actually works besides just asking your mom for money
: The volunteers don't work for riot so they can't ban people.
well if riot spent some of that money they making they could afford to improve the quality of the players experience and in turn make more money because they had a funner game that wasn't losing player base to other games such as fortnite
: First off rude, second off college student, third off yes I do pay my own rent and utilities, the only thing I don’t pay for myself atm is my phone bill, and that’s mainly because the family plan is cheaper to pay a part of for than getting a plan all by myself.
you don't have to make excuses, I understand how hard it is. I wish kids did too and maybe they would be so toxic on league
: its cause most the people that get banned on here have "kys" in their chat logs and it gets funnier every time i see them post something
i get that, and I'm not saying bans shouldn't exist. What i'm trying to say is why can't we change this, obviously you have a lot of people that feel they were treated unfair even tho they were and didn't follow the rules specifically written down that they AGREED to follow. There's still a problem that i believe we could work on and IMPROVE if we actually talked about it tried different things and didn't just make it into this cycle of hate, because that makes you no different from someone that was disrespectful when your disrespecting them because they are mad and saying something dumb
: > [{quoted}](name=chronicbomber420,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ig3lxiv4,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-04-01T19:01:05.087+0000)...you just get attacked by "volunteers" that could use their time better actually patrolling games and doing something instead of degrading you on here and telling you that you most likely deserve the ban. Well, to address this point -- first and foremost we *can't* patrol games, as we have no power to do that, short of the power everyone has when they play *League*. As to the second half, yes, many of us do frequent PB, and one of the most common things is people asking "why was I banned?" In this case we do try to help them understand what in their behavior was problematic, but we also occasionally guide them towards Player Support in borderline cases, or offer tips on avoiding toxicity in the future (for those who aren't perma-banned). >No one wants to discuss what we should do to improve anything like adults. I'd love to and frequently do, when the OP is amenable to this. Too many times I see "I was banned, this is bullshit" rather than "I was banned, which means I either don't understand how to avoid toxicity, or don't understand what the community considers toxicity. Help me out?" The latter is FAR better, but also far rarer. >you can't say hey i'm an older player that works for a living and buys all my stuff i don't feel it's fair when some kid's parents are buying them everything and then we are expected to act at the same maturity level after so many games of being told to go kill yourself it doesn't matter how polite you are eventually you get a little upset and riot uses a blanket rule verbal abuse doesn't solve verbal abuse and that's true but as to why verbal abuse is so rampant as compared to other games makes you wonder what are they doing wrong. You can totally say that. But it's a bit undermined by the fact that there are many players subject to the same behavior who *don't* exhibit toxic behavior with a common enough frequency (or intense enough behavior) to earn a punishment, despite running into as many toxic players as another individual who *did* snap and get punished. It's about controlling your frustration, or at least the way you exhibit your frustration.
well what im saying about paroling the game is actually getting out in the field and seeing it for themselves and applying bans as they see fit. like if you play a game and someone is just going off you could be like hey im riot and if you don't tone it down i can ban you. over time people would be like i need to think a little more who im saying what to and they could physically see within matches the system in work instead of i don't know whats a bannable offense the lines are so blurry i don't understand. you know, it's like i was playing a game someone was telling everybody f you i hate you blah blah blah and then they get a notice player has been banned and they were able to experience it in game and decipher oh i shouldn't do that they could be watching
Shukr4n (EUW)
: to get helped u need to give info. a big part of ban threads lack fundamental infos, like reason of ban, what previous bans were given and in case of toxicity , chatlog. biggest part of ban threads are about "perma after 14d ban but i was not that toxic". so the ones who post those threads didnt read ToS, didnt care to read the 14d ban message and still they acted like they can flame chat 24/7. overall a big part of permabanned deserve their ban. contest doesnt count, and big part of banned players dont understand this. retaliation can lead to ban. and they dont get it. parroting is dangerous. using certain words can lead to 14d instantly, and they stiull use them. most important thing: board is not support. SADLY, trolls ahave easier life. so basically, if u got permabanned, u deserved 99% of times. there are rules u agreed, u follow them or get punished. there are reports to punish bad behaviour. now, repeat this 10-20 times a day for months, to players who didnteven care to read previously the board or the rulesets. at a certain point u lose patience and start stating the obvious truth. it hurts. but it s not toxic. "i got banned huehue" "u deserved it" deal with it. if u want to discuss about trolls, afkers, inters and whatever, im all ears, but u need to be very professional and detailed in your thread. writing "riot fix trolls" is 6y.o. material.
another kind person thanks you aren't attacking me and i feel like i can actually talk to you! and you actually are able to explain both sides and how they feel i like that! but I'm not saying these people are being treated unfairly i know why people should be banned and people that you play with and you're like i can't believe this guy has a account he needs to be banned. I get it, why we need bans, I'm not saying no bans. Thats what erks me, I feel this system needs IMPROVEMENT, and not in the way they do it but how about they do it. currently we can ban people and get rid of them but like that doesn't teach them why they did what they did wrong and how to fix it, now i get that that person has to change themselves riot can't just shazaaam your a new person BUT they can set systems in place that help move to the right direction can we all agree on that? Also i feel that we just have this blanket of rules that needs to divide the player base more 14-40 people play this game and scientifically speaking our brains develop over time as our maturity does so when you expect a kid whose parents buy him everything to a adult that has car payments and rent of coarse you're going to get problems they aren't going to intemperate the rules in the same way at all they each have a different definition of what maturity in the point of life they are at so when i say people pay and have pride for what they pay im not saying because you pay you deserve more rights over someone that doesn't im just saying its messed up someone earns their money takes pride in what they buy and you ruin that with snot nose kids that are spoiled and make your game unfun
: yes
well at least you didn't flame me lol, i was waiting for **** you man your a cry baby go kill your self haahahahahahha you can't type or spell you prolly have down syndrome.....no one cares about this post. like that's all you ever hear for a response and it's like wow i guess we can't talk like adults i guess, this board is just here for appeal to look like they care. i don't really know but if you wan't to discuss a topic on the internet don't expect anyone to actually intellectually debate with you just get ready for a name calling fest
Comentários de Rioters
Adun (NA)
: Fortnite and all other battle royale games are just the current FOTM. Give it a few months and they will fall out of style.
give league a few more months and it's going to be under dota 2
Chermorg (NA)
: Wait, so spending money on something **doesn’t** give you the right to break the rules? Almost like this isn’t a corrupt government but a first world business.
It's not that spending money gives you the right to break rules, it's the fact that little kids play this game their parents buy them everything mean while other people go to work every day to EARN money and then we are all expected to behave the same even tho said kid isn't old enough to legally have a job or drive a car but that must mean they're just as responsible as an adult right
: what does dota2 have anything with what i just said? Dota2? whats next PUBG meets minecraft Oh wait
: So what I'm hearing is you should spend money on a game you already love, only to expect to be treated better than others? What the actual heck- are you delusional? Are you alright? Do you understand that you've literally agreed to the same rules as people who have put only 1 minute and zero dollars into this game right?
LOL no I'm saying people that work for their money and don't their parents don't buy everything shouldn't all be lumped together because kids that aren't legally old enough to drive a car or get a job are expected to be just as mature as a grown adult playing this game
archerno1 (EUNE)
: You keep talking about laws and standards in America. Tell me, in America, do people have right to evict someone from their property if they want to? Do restaurants, cafes, strip clubs have right to deny access or to remove from their property anyone they want? Do you have right to kick someone out of your house? If you build a pool in your backyard do you have right to deny access to it to anyone you want? And to remove anyone u want from it? You are not only one who have rights. Riot have rights too. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." This is your "freedom of speech". Your first amendment right. Riot isnt part of congress. It doesnt apply to them in the slightest.
right and facebook using your privacy doesn't apply to anything because they aren't congress
: It makes me really sad that anyone is stuck feeling this way. It's a pretty terrible feeling. Thanks to ignorance or misinformation or whatever... some people really don't understand the big picture and they cling to stories that reinforce their victim complex... like the big bad Riot is out to get them and fuck them over. The system isn't set up to unfairly ban anyone. On the rare occasion that a ban happens by mistake, Riot Support is there to undo it (I know, it happened to my account before). A lot of the people who claim 'unfair ban' aren't really worried that their ban happened in error... they're mad because they broke the rules in response to someone else breaking the rules instead of just muting. Another player flaming or being toxic doesn't mean it's okay for you to also do those things back at them. So players get punished for it and are salty. Your *Freedom of Speech*™ is never threatened by Riot. All *Freedom of Speech*™ guarantees you is that you cannot be imprisoned by your government for voicing your opinions - with rare exceptions. You can do or say whatever you want to Riot, about Riot, and in Riot's game. You will never be imprisoned for it. Riot, however, doesn't have to put up with your shit and can choose to deny you further service. Also it's worth noting that the staff on the boards are volunteers and are not being paid by Riot to do anything. They put their time and effort into the boards because they care about having a place where the community can come together, not because they want to silence naysayers. I understand that you're angry... apparently about a whole heck of a lot. But I think you'd benefit from some genuine conversations with people in the community to gain a better perspective. A lot of what you're claiming would be rage-inducing if it were accurate at all. Riot isn't out to get you. It isn't intentionally letting other games get more popular. It doesn't endorse Tyler1 even in the slightest, as far as I'm aware. All they did was unban him. If i'm wrong, please correct me and show me some proof. And lastly, not being in the top views on Twitch isn't an indicator that a game is dying. There are hundreds of thriving games that aren't top on twitch for a myriad of reasons. Riot has been around for a decade, and they'll continue for many years to come regardless of twitch views.
i never said riot was out to get anybody, using the victim complex makes a compelling argument and at least you are polite about it but, I was originally saying that the system in place by riot, not riot themselves out to get me. I don't know where you would get that but ok, lets get back on topic because this board is here to talk about player behavior and the system in place, I was under the understanding that you can talk about that here and give opinions. Adults talk to each other and are able to come to understandings, clearly however that isn't the case here. But anyways, they have a system in place that has to prove the player is actually breaking their rules and has a ban-able offense right but that doesn't help, clearly as seen by all the players that are being verbally abused unlike other game communities. I mean they could like they could have a staff of volunteers that played games and was able to better patrol than to have them on here flaming me. but to the freedom of speech if your topic is too controversial such as talking about player emotions and school shooting that have been happening more and more whoa that needs to be censored even tho its america and you should be able to talk about that on NA because it's a current event that relates to people, granted they have the rights to deny service but when you ignore a group of people that has a point that's hiding from the facts. I get it that a lot of people don't understand how they've broken the rules but when i talk about people that spend money I mean you have people with jobs that pay for their stuff then they are expected to follow the same rules as someone not even old enough to have a job or drive a car thats playing this game so how do you expect there to be equal maturity
: > ...but when they censor the players like we live in china... They don't. > ...because mental health is in fact affected by this game... First of all, how does a game relate to a real-world shooting? And, no, you can't say "because the shooter said the game made them do it", because that's bullshit. Second, where's your proof that League has a negative impact on people's mental health?
you ever got mad before you can honestly say that your emotion doesn't change if you win you don't get happy? mental health goes up and down like if you were to eat a lot of cheese burgers and get fat you can poorly impact your physical health the same could be said with something factors leading to causing depression such as someone telling you "you're a loser" or "kill yourself"
: Who gives a shit about Twitch top views.
i would assume the marketing department of league is extremely interested pretty much in any stat they can obtain to study and improve future decisions but then again what do i know
Chermorg (NA)
: Wait, so spending money on something **doesn’t** give you the right to break the rules? Almost like this isn’t a corrupt government but a first world business.
no the people that spend money get lumped into the same people that don't spend money and are all expected to act the same treat each other the same even tho someone that doesn't care about the game doesn't care if they get banned and there isn't anything you can do about it perpetuating a cycle of a toxic community. it is just merely one of the down falls in place of leagues behavior system but if you talk about it here your just attacked by little riot minions
: curently league has 34K more viewers on twitch then fortnite so nah
> [{quoted}](name=OsamaBinJesting,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=phnjnOHw,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-18T20:41:02.355+0000) > > curently league has 34K more viewers on twitch then fortnite so nah Not anymore LOL
: And they do. But, as Riot is a company and not a part of the U.S. Government, protection of Freedom of Speech doesn't apply to their punishments. As long as you play Riot's game you will abide by the rules and laws of League of Legends.
I'm just saying that riot operates and pays taxes in america, they have a right to their policies as long as they comply to the standards set by america. there isn't anything wrong with censorship but when they censor the players like we live in china it says something about them. this board is set up to discuss the system as one of the topics but if you do you just get attack. and you better believe they wanted to improve their pr after the parkland shooting because mental health is in fact affected by this game that allows kids to play that haven't even fully developed their brains. more than one issues can be involved rather just someone losing their account and crying such as tragedies from real life but to sit back and say well its not my fault everybody is responsible for themselves is crazy. when you could listen to your players and figure out a way to improve the over all health of the player behavior of this game
: > [{quoted}](name=chronicbomber420,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=noi9XsVM,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-31T23:43:40.080+0000) > > see, tells me i have alzheimers. love this community, and how about you go to twitch and just look at the top 2 games streaming NA lcs playoffs on still lower viewers than fortnite and it has 20k more viewers thats as many people that watch tyler 1 alone ah yes because Views tell you everything. How about actual player count? p.s. (league wins by millions) now as i read you have a "video game design certificate" whatever that is which reminded me if you even know that fortnite is literally a copy of an another copy of an another copy of a copy of a copy (fortnite-PUBG-H1Z1-Arma3-DayZ-Rust) and would you look at that thoes games are dead as a rock :HMM:
: Give fortnite a few months and it will be as dead as H1
that's just the natural game life cycle that doesn't mean they can't come out with a new game the community they foster will follow instead of move to other games im saying riot doesn't comtrol player behavior and then they attack you on the boards that are ment to discuss the system and how it could improve
: > ...riot must not believe in freedom of speech. Is Riot a part of the U.S. Government? No? Then Freedom of Speech doesn't protect you from them restricting your chat or kicking you out, or from their Forum Moderators (who are volunteers, not hired) removing posts that break the [Boards Rules](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/4LgZ2EwM-universal-rules).
as long as riot operates in america and pays taxes to our government they will abide by the rules and laws of america, they may be able to write their own policies and enforce them as long as they apply to the standards the american government sets
: Periods. Also, no.
Also, no. a complete sentence? maybe you should write in complete sentences if you want to correct grammar m8
: ***
see, tells me i have alzheimers. love this community, and how about you go to twitch and just look at the top 2 games streaming NA lcs playoffs on still lower viewers than fortnite and it has 20k more viewers thats as many people that watch tyler 1 alone
: People that spend money Vs. people that don't spend money on league
the funniest thing about this is about 3 months ago i said league was gonna lose their top spot in popularity because of the community they foster and literally fortnite, pubg, even dota2 the list just goes on all of them doing better but nooooooo im just mad and i don't know what im talking about i don't have a bachelors in business admin or a video game design certificate, im just another little punk like all the other little punks on here running their mouths according to riot none of us no what we are talking about because riot is always right and all their moderators they hire on here just ban your post even though this is america riot must not believe in freedom of speech. i understand you shouldn't start or antagonize fights but when you blur the lines of debate to your antagonizing people because you don't say what we believe turns into communism
: cool story
LOL why you should play fortnite rather deal with people like you.... also why viewership is on decline as well as player base
Comentários de Rioters
: I dont know about "easy", maybe if one is rude and immature. Most players never get a single restriction, and a very small percentage get a chat restriction. Getting to a ban before 30 means someone is completely without control or ignorant of social norms.
Or maybe it's a free to play game and people find it fun to just troll
: >GG n00b don't be toxic next time you were banned for toxicity, deal with it all bans are deserved /mute all Other than /mute all, none of this is "good advice." I wouldn't even say these phrases appear seldomly. Bans aren't always deserved, but I will say that they are +95% of the time.
i understand they can't make a perfect system, and no they can't go back and fix something after its already done. but what they have is garbage and pretty much just teaches players to be disrespectful in ways that don't get them banned
Xyzx (NA)
: Riot employees stating viewer ship going down has nothing to do with playbase going down; considering the reason behind the viewership going down is how stale the pro scene is. People go to watch flashy and exciting plays by the best players in the regions... only to be met with a 30-40 minute farm-fest waiting to see who makes the first small mistake.
i feel like this has truth... but not really riot banned me for 2 weeks after i had my account for 3 years for saying one sentence i was like "dude fk you feg". while it was bad i admit thats hate speach and just as much verbal abuse as i received and that won't stop the problem but i shouldn't have lost my account for 2 weeks while the other dude that got into and argument didn't get banned because even though he called me white trash and thats not racist under riot standards. but after that i play league like once a week haven't spent one dollar and i prolly play fornite once a day now, i would say thats a player leaving this community because they don't like riot and how they run their game. it's like when walmart gets bad publicity don't buy meat from walmart its old and the worst cut. people are saying don't play league youre just going to play have a little fun then deal with player telling you to kill your self, you are garbage anything to degrade you and get away with not getting banned and if your read these board so many people are allllll saying the same thing and i got a response read the board many people get banned and complain riot is doing their job like yeah so these players getting banned not getting help not being told how they can play the game and have fun they all feel unfairly judged but riot can easy say nah your just as bad as that person your mad at you don't have any right to tell us how you feel
ohn0se (NA)
: Their system is absolute shit and they refuse to own up to it. They can't program an algorithm to detect feeders and/or trolls. All they have the intellect to do is "if (chat)=="[list key ban words here] then ban." It's beyond disgusting that they get away with this while not at all programming anything to detect actual trolls. Players will grief you here on the boards and downvote your complaints, but actual players understand and relate to the real issues.
It is straight Garbage!!! they don't teach people what they are doing wrong and how they can be better people, they just blanket ban you on an algarithim that has to prove you did wrong by reading chat and not the whole context of the situation. but if someone says fk you or feg thats cool it isn't the real word, where theres a will theres a way for someone to get around the system and does riot care they just say "what can we do you want us to go back in time to stop it for you" like that could ever happen we want yall to fix it but nahhhh because you got mad said one thing and that means "responding to verbal abuse doesn't mean you aren't verbal abusing" cool to bad we can't stop people from just being so verbally abusive in the first place so i don't have to deal with it every other game. but i digress fornite is actually fun and you can play it without someone telling you to kill your self. and whats hilarious is riot seems to think these kids aren't influenced by their game and school shooting don't occur they could care less about the mental health and influence their game has on society
Gryphyx (NA)
: You seem to spend a ton of time on the forums writing huge posts according to your account history, I frankly don't know why you assume I said the league is dying, of course, league will not die in a month, no one said that. You're very exhausting to reply to, because of the fact you only assume, and don't read/understand what is being said. I have already stated this is an opinion on the infrastructure of the banning system. I refuse to argue with someone who reads to reply instead of reading to understand. thanks for stopping by my thread to voice your opinion.
dude they did it to me too, they act all high and mighty and when you prove them wrong your discussion will get shut down by riot
: First of all, I don't think streamers represent Riot Games or the E-Sport. Streamers represent themselves first and foremost, and what they say in their streams (not in their League of Legends matches, mind) is not within the jurisdiction of Riot Games. They can yell, gripe, whine, bitch, and moan all they like on stream, but if they do so in League, _and_ if they're reported for it, they'll get punished for it. --- Moving on, you say you got punished for a "small argument" - it is possible, sure, because an argument is still an argument, and it detracts from the game, but I'm wholly disinclined to believe you since you didn't provide your chat logs from the gate. Without your chat logs, we can only take your word for your punishment, and we tend to try to avoid doing that. Toxicity, I'd agree, is a mildly vague term. I personally use "toxic" to refer to players who go out of their way to be assholes to others. Toxicity and rule-breaking go hand-in-hand, but one can break the rules without being toxic. Bullying, though, is not a vague term. Bullying is harassment, plain and simple. > ...and I feel as if the report system works off of quantity over quality. It doesn't. There's no focus on quantity in the IFS. Any report past the first is disregarded, and there's no other signs that any quantity is taken into consideration beyond number of recent negative games (in the case of lighter chat-related punishments). > ...but if riot keeps the crazy bans up, I can't see their numbers player and skin wise increasing. You probably can't see it because you're looking at it from a small scale perspective. There's millions upon millions of people playing League of Legends, and the playerbase is fairly likely to keep increasing, as are their sales. If you want to call the ban crazy, provide proof that it's crazy. Show us your chat logs, and also, tell us if you've had previous punishments (like a 25-game chat restriction). Oh, and, one last thing... > all you forums junkies can now comment; > GG n00b > don't be toxic next time > you were banned for toxicity, deal with it > all bans are deserved > /mute all Are you here to discuss Riot's punishment system, or are you here to try and make yourself a forum pariah? Because, you're not going to get much from a discussion if you're going to make sweeping generalizations to insult the boards.
actually i think your wrong streamers and e-sports represent league, why is there a streamer of the week on the client? dude the players are leaving LMAO they all on fortnite where there isn't a toxic community that is easy to get banned in and doesn't even work or help their players. I've already said this, they have no way of helping the problem they just give players ways to work around the system and don't even stop players from actually changing they just take your money and say it's your fault
: Verbal Abuse
UPDATE: league is having a fundraiser for the victims in the parkland shooting that occurred in Florida, lets pray that they can start a program to bring verbal abuse and the mental conditions subjected through stressful environments to light next and discus how our community can make a difference so we can actually make a difference in the crisis in america today
: here's a good one when you say a bad word it automatically sends a positive message like "we can do this team", just try and stop the verbal abuse from the source. I agree there are responsibilities on both parties and we need think about our actions just as much as the company implementing the policies that protect our rights and define them. but It is a problem when you have to expect to be verbally abuse because you play this game and your only defense is to mute after you have already been verbally abuse and then report and just assume that karma will make sure that player gets what they deserve. In reality it's not really helping either player someone got verbally abused while someone doesn't understand why they are in trouble. Now I get it that you can't predict when and how it's going to happen but that's insane "we can't go back in time" that's the response i get, like well if we get to the root of the problem maybe we can make a difference and we can only do that by talking and debating
or even an approach that's proactive in teaching players to de-escalate situations instead of well you can mute and report. it's nice you can mute and you do have something you can do but it's not stopping whats going around you know what i mean.
: > [{quoted}](name=chronicbomber420,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jEmAouNp,comment-id=0002000000010000,timestamp=2018-02-10T23:15:32.979+0000) > > That's fair enough, but still I think there is something that can help or just because it's not helping they can't keep trying I mean they could create a department that works towards this as in hiring moderators and aggressively pursuing the issue at hand . like It's just a cop out when you say it's the players responsibility but you have a free game that people can make multiple accounts there's undermining of the rules, and you group all the players together when you only have to be older than 13 not old enough to get a job or drive a car and your expected to behave the same and take the same responsibility as an adult player and the age of players is so drastic. It needs to be addressed before they just end up a case study of how you don't foster a gaming community for futures companies Yes, there has to be a certain amount of player responsibility. It's a two-way street. Riot has a responsibility to act when their platform is abused, but it's also our responsibility as players to point out there _is_ a problem for them to check.
here's a good one when you say a bad word it automatically sends a positive message like "we can do this team", just try and stop the verbal abuse from the source. I agree there are responsibilities on both parties and we need think about our actions just as much as the company implementing the policies that protect our rights and define them. but It is a problem when you have to expect to be verbally abuse because you play this game and your only defense is to mute after you have already been verbally abuse and then report and just assume that karma will make sure that player gets what they deserve. In reality it's not really helping either player someone got verbally abused while someone doesn't understand why they are in trouble. Now I get it that you can't predict when and how it's going to happen but that's insane "we can't go back in time" that's the response i get, like well if we get to the root of the problem maybe we can make a difference and we can only do that by talking and debating
: > [{quoted}](name=chronicbomber420,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jEmAouNp,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-02-10T19:06:57.152+0000) > > saying there is no way to stop it just doesn't make sense that' like giving up it just means you haven't found a way yet. and what I'm saying is they need to start exploring better ways I said preemptively. In other words, there is no way to predict and mute players _before_ they display abusive behavior. As far as exploring better ways... Tribunal went through several iterations before it was scrapped as too inefficient. They tried rolling (effectively permanent) chat bans before they settled on the current system. Is it perfect? No. But I do think it's better than a lot of "solutions" I've seen suggested in the forums and boards.
That's fair enough, but still I think there is something that can help or just because it's not helping they can't keep trying I mean they could create a department that works towards this as in hiring moderators and aggressively pursuing the issue at hand . like It's just a cop out when you say it's the players responsibility but you have a free game that people can make multiple accounts there's undermining of the rules, and you group all the players together when you only have to be older than 13 not old enough to get a job or drive a car and your expected to behave the same and take the same responsibility as an adult player and the age of players is so drastic. It needs to be addressed before they just end up a case study of how you don't foster a gaming community for futures companies
: Verbal Abuse
I'm just saying if 7/10 games someone is being verbally abusive that should be viewed as a problem that isn't just the players responsibility
: The result of that would be > [{quoted}](name=chronicbomber420,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jEmAouNp,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-02-10T18:35:20.031+0000) > > it actually encourage players to....miss spell trigger words
but with computer learning they could pick up on them eventually
: the fact that tyler1 is an idol in the league community proves my accusation
a company can still be a separate entity in it's own, that's how they are taxed and i know for a FACT RIOT PAYS TAXES so this does apply
: but that example still applies and can be learned from, the fact that a flawed system led people to wrong decisions that ended up collapsing a whole market. league does have responsibility of the impression their game leaves on young and developing minds and if they don't that is morally sickening
the fact that tyler1 is an idol in the league community proves my accusation
: League is not a housing market nor are they the government. Riot is a video game company.
but that example still applies and can be learned from, the fact that a flawed system led people to wrong decisions that ended up collapsing a whole market. league does have responsibility of the impression their game leaves on young and developing minds and if they don't that is morally sickening
: because the poor behavior is happening, the whole point of the system is to stop poor behavior in games, what else is it for? what do you mean a bunch of people complaining means there isn't a problem, if there wasn't a problem they wouldn't be complaining? riot CAN however, try other ways to improve player behavior for the overall health of the community that is something they can do right?
let's just use predatory lending as an example from a case study where a bad system was in place that led to a disaster in US history. so the housing market in the 90's was booming because a lot of people were buying house's because incentives from the government and banks encourages their banker to loan out whatever they could because of these incentives from the government even if the person couldn't pay it back so what happened? the housing market crash you know when everybody couldn't pay back the mortgages and the market collapsed and now we have laws against predatory lending for banks. so if you think about it league is like a government that sets these rules for players to follow but they have a flawed system in place that could use improvements
: How is people coming to the board complaining about their ban for their poor behavior proof that the system isn't working? Riot can't just snap their fingers and make everyone who has poor behavior disappear from their servers. The person with poor behavior has to display the poor behavior, people need to report them, Riot has to detect and confirm the reports (through an automated system since it's impossible to police millions of players manually), then the punishment is issued. FYI, use the reply tool if you're going to reply to someone.
because the poor behavior is happening, the whole point of the system is to stop poor behavior in games, what else is it for? what do you mean a bunch of people complaining means there isn't a problem, if there wasn't a problem they wouldn't be complaining? riot CAN however, try other ways to improve player behavior for the overall health of the community that is something they can do right?
Exibir mais

chronicbomber420

Nível 125 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão