: At what elo do kids understand not to go for baron when enemy is all up
whats worse... is when we team fight in front of baron. kill 3 or 4 of enemy (including their jg) and put them on 30 second spawn timers. force other 2 to back because their low life. still have all 5 of us alive and pretty decent health + smite. and team decides to go farm jg camps until enemy respawns, then wants to take baron.... (or same for infernal/any objective)
Comentários de Rioters
gileskd (NA)
: time to bust out amumu then, cause I am about to have a tantrum {{champion:32}}
> [{quoted}](name=gileskd,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FcTb2uTO,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-15T09:10:04.202+0000) > > time to bust out amumu then, cause I am about to have a tantrum > {{champion:32}} i luv amumu. so sad. he needs a small early buff
: Matchmaking is broken
Alzon (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=xxDiddleBobxx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HEOUsGZx,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-15T06:31:52.325+0000) > > What pissed me off the most about my most recent match is this Nasus (top) would have enemies all around him and we would to ping to fall back but yet he still engages and pushes the enemy under tower. Throughout the whole game he thought he was some unstoppable monster who could 1v5. Probably some kid who just just got smashed by a Nasus who was an “unstoppable monster who could 1v5”. There’s a person sitting behind that keyboard, and people are far from perfect.
> [{quoted}](name=Alzon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HEOUsGZx,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-15T06:40:28.792+0000) > > Probably some kid who just just got smashed by a Nasus who was an “unstoppable monster who could 1v5”. There’s a person sitting behind that keyboard, and people are far from perfect. sure, people are far from perfect. and that could likely be the scenario. but this is ranked, and if that is the scenario, and so this "kid" or player or whoever it was, made the decision to take a champ they dont know how to play into ranked, then they made an irresponsible decision, that resulted in 4 other people being trapped in a match from hell for 20-40 minutes. decisions have rewards and consequences. players who make decisions to take champs into ranked, they are not ready to play, or int, should have the consequence of being not allowed in ranked for a while. and op, your not alone. and its not just top lane. all lanes you get lots of players that dont want to win. or even want to lose. im a jg main. so looking at pings/lanes is much more of my job than other lanes (really all lanes should have this awareness, but jg really needs it). and dude.... alll... the .... time... you'll have some lane. thats like 3 lvls behind enemy, has already died to that enemy 3 times, is at 10% life, while enemy is at 100%, is pingin on their own map, that enemy jg is in their gank bush, and still, instead of backing, decided to go for the 1v2 against the enemy... (then probably flame after). this is ALLL THE TIME. this is MOST MATCHES. not a minority of matches, MOST MATCHES. what i find making my climb hard, isn't this happening in just one lane, its the frequency that this is happening in 2-3 lanes... this matchmaking systems so messed up. its like it will give you 1 day, where you play 20 games, and nearly every one, all your teamates play like high lvl smurfs. they use pinks, they ping, they respond to pings, they have a plan, they know when to abandon those plans, they go for objectives at the right time/opportunity. then you get 2 days in a row, where the game gives you the exact opposite. i know people (often ones that haven't played ranked this season) like to say "its 50/50. statistically, half the time your gunna have the bad team, half the time the better team" but thats actually not true at all. heres why. say your in bronze. but you probably belong in silver or gold. so now we know 1 out of 10 players are "statistically better" than the rest in bronze right? sounds like you have an advantage right? no. why? well, how prevalent is smurfing? REALLY REALLY REALLY prevalent. i'd probably say at MINIMUM 1/4 of your matches you have a smurf somewhere. but who cares if its 1% or 99% of matches. the same point will stand. say that smurf is a diamond/plat/master. well. theres a 4 out of 9 chance their on your team, and a 5 out of 9 chance their on enemy team. making the odds that the players thats going to face stomp your elo, ISN'T on your team more times than they are. ok, now lets take that concept and find another way where it can be applied to show odds are against you. the fact that the game puts unranked players in with ranked. an unranked player, gets thrown in with iron/bronze/silver/golds. if your iron/bronze, your already the bottom of the barrel. so that player is just as bad as you, or better. if you check past season ranks, most the time their silver/gold. so again. now you have a player, who is higher ranked than your bronze teammates in the match. with a 4/9 chance their on your team, and a 5/9 chance their on enemy team. and heres another. duo's. sometimes duos are 2 random players playing together who just met. but odds are, they duo together, and may be in voice coms. the point is, a duo, is going to perform better than 2 random solo's. again, using the same logic above, theres a higher chance that duo is on enemy team than yours. the odds of having the worse team ARE against you. and since your climb is not based on your performance, but solely on wither the team won/lost, it makes climbing really really really hard. you dont just have to be the best bronze 2 to climb to bronze 1. or the best silver 1 to climb to gold 4. you have to be much better than that. to climb from bronze 2 to bronze 1, you need to probably belong 4-8 tiers higher than you are at minimum to be able to enough games to climb. and since not all champs are solo carry champs, like support roles, or strong cc engagers with no escape/low damage, you have to depend on your team. and you cant counter that argument with "well, only play solo carry roles". cause depending on the team pick order, doing that could be throwing because that logic, if followed by all 5 players on team, will give you a bad comp. ranked is disgustingly bad and poorly coded/engineered
Pyrosan (NA)
: Why are people so against the Mastery champion lock for ranked?
how is m3 too much of a grind? it takes like part of a day to grind m3.... 1 day tops... and its not like this lock would stop you from playing norms, its just ranked. people who say this... i think they dont want to win ranked. i think they WANT to lose. if you haven't played a champ dozens and dozens of times, heck, i'd say 100 min, do you really think your ready to take that champ in ranked? i'd argue no. why? because your gunna goto ranked. have a match up vrs some champ you've never 1v1'd with your champ, miss calculate what you can and cant do, and die. or late game, your gunna be in a 3v3 or 5v5, and not know effective synergies with your champ and your teams, or the enemy's comp and make miss plays and your teams going to lose that fight. ranked is competitive. its about winning and climbing. its not "for fun" mode to practice and learn. that doesn't mean it cant be fun, but its much funner in ranked when everyones on their A game, and part of being on your A game is playing a champ you've absolutely mastered. people treat this proposal like it would stop them from being able to play league.... like norms dont exist. like they dont lose half their games because players taking champs into ranked they've only played 0-5 times happens nearly every single match, and they end up inting so hard the enemy team snowballs like crazy.
: really. what do i do?
the early game i think im doing great at. the mid game, generally, i seem fine, as long as my lanes dont lose their turrets. if we have turret advantage in lanes, hey thats even better. even if they feed a little and dont get kills. as long as they can hold turrets i seem fine with games like that (as in able to make an impact/most likely carry us to win) its only when they all heavily feed/get 3 lane steamrolled that i cant figure out how to fix. im consistantly geting 1-5 s-, s, s+ a day. and seem to ace more than 50% of my losing games even. i just cant get out of bronze, and its this situation above that seems to be what i need to learn to do it.
: Dont rely on your team and do everything yourself. Take every kill, take every tower. Dont hand nothing out.
> [{quoted}](name=PrismalDawn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xkIrf3KB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-14T10:25:52.924+0000) > > Dont rely on your team and do everything yourself. > Take every kill, take every tower. > Dont hand nothing out. yea but in a team game, thats not enough. jg is not going to carry the match with this new "no xp, no gold" for jg thing. can we SOMETIMES carry? yes. but even with power farm, and gank gold, were almost alwyas gunna be behind in lvl and xp. plus, im my OP, the situation im having the hardest time with, is that despite a strong early game by me as jg, all 3 of my lanes are getting steamrolled. at that point. enemy can freely and will just take all my jg. since jg no longer earn gold/xp in lane, being in turtle phase we are fugged and 100% reliant on the laners at that point to do their job. im looking for advice for that scenerio. where the laners ARENT doing their job. should i just sell my jg item so i can earn gold/xp during this turtle phase?
Comentários de Rioters
: Weird glitch
the friend list doesn't properly show peoples status. some people will show offline that are online some will show they are in a match that ended 30 minutes ago some will show they are online, when they signed off 3 hours ago. when you message them, im assuming its finally checking their status, updating, so thats why your experiencing this "msg and they go offline" thing. its cause they were actually offline when you sent the msg, it just didn't update their status till you did.
: Riot still can't figure out matchmaking for the good, but not professional, players stuck in hell.
it extra sucks when you play non carry / team utility champs. something like a tanky engager, with zero escape, but great engage + CC. as that champ, your never gunna carry anything. its not even your job. your jobs to soak up damage, soak up cc, engage when its right, and have your team deal the damage. but if you have a team, that even when given the perfect engage (example. 5v3. all equal lvl. your team all 5 90%+ life + abilities. enemy 3 man all 50% life or less, with no sums/ults), if your team decides to run/back, the moment you engaged, despite it being clear, pinged, etc... your dead. or say your jg. i would say a good 95% of my games, i get first 2 drakes + herald + help 1-2 lanes get kill lead + counter jungle to keep enemy jungler under lvl'd/geared so they cant effectively gank/do much, all in early game. thats a huge advantage for team. but still, if my team takes that lead then just throws it away, and dies 15 times in the next 3 minutes after that... its really really hard / near impossible to come back from that (actually, its really not that hard, but usually when that happens so many people just give up, that it if you have 3x people on the team give up after that, thats what makes it near impossible). our mmr climb/loss should be based 80-90% on our individual performance
Leblonsh (NA)
: Jungle Dilemma
yea, they nerfed it soooo sooo sooo sooo hard, with zero compensation. im not gunna say the jungle didnt deserve to get nerfed at all. but they went overboard
: AFK PENALITIES TOO DAMN HIGH
i have a pretty decent pc. not top top top shelf. but higher medium shelf. in probably close to 900 games i've played. had this game crash like 3 times. now. i have some friends that play. 1 has an ok pc. about on par with mine. but he constantly has 10000000 browser tabs open taking up all his ram. that makes his game crash a lot. if i play with him, his stuffs always crashing till i remind him to close his browser tabs. another. he has a trash pc. hard drive is full. rams showing signs of not being good. and his game crashes all the time too. all software is gunna crash sometimes. but if your having this problem often. its probably your system.
: Clearly because I haven't played ranked yet this season, that means I don't play ranked and my opinion is meaningless. You don't have to agree with me, but I certainly don't need your goddamn permission to respond to a complaining thread when I was trying help you see the bright side of things. My opinion is there, feel free to leave it. EDIT: Also - If you've already played 200 ranked games in the 3 weeks of this season, as exclusively Amumu, perhaps it's not one AFK match that's preventing you from climbing. Perhaps *GASP* you might want to adjust your strategy.
i dont mean it as insulting gatekeeper. i mean it as you should really go play THIS SEASON. the matchmaking algo was changed. and literally the day this season started, all of a sudden, trolling/afk/etc seems to have increased a good 10 fold. the plethora of threads you see people complaining about it isn't just people QQ'ing. theres something very wrong going on and its not just low elo. you see people complaining about it in the high elo's too. riot made a boo boo somewhere in code.
: Ranked intentional feeding level 1
just watched it again.. thats only the 2nd minion wave. MF has 2 CS. 2.... even without the inting. probably doesn't belong in ranked. but to give up on the game THAT early? this person doesn't belong in any match type, ranked or norms.
: Because in the end, one game that has this many things goes wrong is not going to affect your LP in the long run. Your climb is not determined by one shit game because two idiots left, it's determined how you play over the long run. The clarity is that when this happens to your team, you will lose LP. When this happens to the other team, you will gain LP.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=gfsznspc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-12T19:56:02.847+0000) > > Because in the end, one game that has this many things goes wrong is not going to affect your LP in the long run. Your climb is not determined by one shit game because two idiots left, it's determined how you play over the long run. > > The clarity is that when this happens to your team, you will lose LP. When this happens to the other team, you will gain LP. i can see how these words sound right to you, since you dont play ranked. but, you should go try out this season. go put in 200 games. and come back to this post with your thoughts on it. :) i think once you have this happen to you 5-6 games in a row, and make you drop a rank. then have to spend 30-50 games climbing up a rank again. then have it happen again, and again, and again, you'll feel a bit different
xAcidik (NA)
: Why Doesn't Riot Buff Vision?
reduce cost of control wards decrease timer to earn stealth/blue wards. increase stealth ward duration/cast range (slightly) soflty highlight bushes that are not warded with "redish fog" on minimap as a visual reminder that that bush is "danger!" to encourage warding. give anyone wearing jungle item 1.5x ward generation rate with +1 ward capacity remove zombie ward rune remove item passives that let you 1 hit wards.
: Ranked intentional feeding level 1
that player should be permanently banned from ranked. this behavior should never be allowed.
Avinychus (EUW)
: New item please.
yea. we do need more MR items. its sad that in my item builds, if i make a box for "armor" items. i can find tons of stuff to fit a champ to put in there, to use in so many different situations. but in the box i make for "magic resit" items... its like "hmmm... um.... yea.... well, not to many options here...."
Saezio (EUNE)
: Me too, but riot is of the opposite opinion so :/ games will be faster and faster by the patch. If you look through patch notes for the past 2 years or so, there are almost 0 changes aimed at prolonging the game or creating a more smooth and less polarising experience.
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HcfIetz7,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T19:51:04.998+0000) > > Me too, but riot is of the opposite opinion so :/ games will be faster and faster by the patch. > > If you look through patch notes for the past 2 years or so, there are almost 0 changes aimed at prolonging the game or creating a more smooth and less polarising experience. sounds like an opportunity for competition (as in a different game developer making something better).
Avinychus (EUW)
: Ye you have a nice point and also I agree to most of it. No one likes to see their health bar just drop out but I will not say that pykes ult damage that much and also that is why you have a support. And in 9.3 when they made some of the ADC items different Pyke now have a hard time just to stun people if they flash out and attack you because they do so much damage now. And if you ask me he's ult is Great and all but there is many ways you can outplay a Pyke with hes ult :P
> [{quoted}](name=Avinychus,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vc9cGNEh,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-02-12T19:41:31.787+0000) > > that is why you have a support. well.. with his free ult recast. your supports probably dead too now. > Pyke now have a hard time just to stun people if they flash out people only get to flash 5 minutes. pyke gets to dash/stun every 15 sec with 0 cdr. with damage as it is, 1 stun and your probably dead, or low enough life for his ult to execute you with its very high threshold. which he has access to early game every 2 minutes with 0 cdr. what do you do for the 5 minutes your flash is on cooldown? not farm? (ps. dont take this as harsh. its not meant to be that way. its meant to try and answer your original question as why i think people feel pyke is so OP/annoying. i really dont think pyke is as OP as people think he is. i DO believe he needs his ult recast completely removed, his dash CC time reduced a little, and his execute threshold adjusted so that its not so high (or just get rid of the whole execute thing anyway, and make it flat damage. as i feel any "execute" is a "toxic mechanic")
Saezio (EUNE)
: They need to buff tanks.. like.. _a lot_ And no I don't mean sion, sion needs nerfs, but all the other tanks are trash tier atm. Buff those and meta would be a bit better. The thing is, riot want fast games. So they won't make changes that actively increase average game time.
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HcfIetz7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-12T19:27:03.756+0000) > > They need to buff tanks.. like.. _a lot_ > And no I don't mean sion, sion needs nerfs, but all the other tanks are trash tier atm. Buff those and meta would be a bit better. > > The thing is, riot want fast games. So they won't make changes that actively increase average game time. agreed. and i personally think long games are way funner.
: > [{quoted}](name=keccak256,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hA6PLObP,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-12T19:14:21.492+0000) > > 100% agree with op. the system he proposes exists in may other games, and works much better. players are less stressed/less toxic. because they their rewards/penalties are more in line with their performance. and eventually they climb to a rank where they are playing with players of their own skill lvl. I think that's an excellent point that I didn't even discuss. A lot of the toxicity stems from the fact that one player's mistake hurts YOUR rank/MY rank. It's no big deal to watch a shitty player do shitty things if it only hurts them. It sucks for most of us caught in the grind because it just makes it harder to climb out of. And when you get unlucky and get a string of losses, your MMR falls so you play in a lower rank. In order to climb out of that lower rank you need to have an even higher winrate. For example, if you are silver 1 playing vs silver 1 and have a 53% win rate you will climb somewhat slowly. If you lose 5 straight and start playing mid-silver, a 53% win rate will mean you spend 100 games fixing your MMR and not even climbing. This happened to me last season when I hit plat 3. I won my promos but I lost 4 straight, won 2, then lost 4 again and not only was I demoted but I also was playing back in high gold. At that point I was gaining 15 LP for a win but losing 20-25. All because of a bad stretch over 10 games. It took so long to bring my MMR back and I wasn't even playing poorly over that 10 game stretch.
> [{quoted}](name=JeebusCripes,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hA6PLObP,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-02-12T19:25:52.998+0000) > > I think that's an excellent point that I didn't even discuss. A lot of the toxicity stems from the fact that one player's mistake hurts YOUR rank/MY rank. It's no big deal to watch a shitty player do shitty things if it only hurts them. It sucks for most of us caught in the grind because it just makes it harder to climb out of. And when you get unlucky and get a string of losses, your MMR falls so you play in a lower rank. In order to climb out of that lower rank you need to have an even higher winrate. For example, if you are silver 1 playing vs silver 1 and have a 53% win rate you will climb somewhat slowly. If you lose 5 straight and start playing mid-silver, a 53% win rate will mean you spend 100 games fixing your MMR and not even climbing. This happened to me last season when I hit plat 3. I won my promos but I lost 4 straight, won 2, then lost 4 again and not only was I demoted but I also was playing back in high gold. At that point I was gaining 15 LP for a win but losing 20-25. All because of a bad stretch over 10 games. It took so long to bring my MMR back and I wasn't even playing poorly over that 10 game stretch. a tenant of utilizing systems design for cultural engineering is that you can design systems, that without people realizing it, effect their emotions, teach/train/change them. this is true wither you are aware of it or not when you create a system. being aware of it, can allow you to try and design a better system that achieves your end goal. in game design, typically the end goal is making something your players enjoy. so they will want to keep playing. if you accidentally make something that by its own design, creates a massive amount of stress for your players, they will have less fun. and play less. and your company will earn less. sad that riot doesn't actually employ any systems engineers that understand cultural engineering. then again. polymaths are rare
Avinychus (EUW)
: Is Pyke realy that op?
in early game. when everyone is squishy. and "counter building a stop watch/zonyas/ga" isn't an option. his threshold for his execute is too high. you should be able to farm with at least some saftey from the back side of your turret with 50% health. while you wait for some lifesteal/potion/health regen/heals to get you back and ready to play the game of farm and poke. but with pyke? nope. he can just flash in, ulti you at 50% health. and dash out. (or dash in, ulti, dash out) a bit too quickly. and the number of adc in game that can bring you from 100% life to 35-50% with 1 ability + AA, or 2x AA, is a bit too high, with range long enough to keep you zoned from every getting a single minion, is a bit to high. its just obnoxious. what are you supposed to do? not farm except for when enemy has backed? kill 1-3 minons, then back so you dont risk dying? farm, die to pyke ult, then know you have only till his ult cd is up to farm again? this is an unrealistic expectation. also. at any point in the game, him and other champs with execute ults that can be recast over and over and over, its just a unhealthy mechanic period. no matter what champ its on. in trade, for this, he cant build health. and is squishy. but he has enough mobility where its not that big of a deal. i've played pyke a little. and once you do, you are much less scared of him in some ways, since you realize just exactly how absurdly squishy he is. but you also learn how absurdly powerful/abusable he is too against the plethora of players that dont understand that or even against the ones that do, in any team fight situation. people dont enjoy super high damage in the game. they dont enjoy going 100-0 in the blink of an eye ALLL THE TIME. it makes them feel useless, and de-values the importance of skill. (i know, on another hand it makes skill so much more important in some ways. but really, skill plays a bigger factor when everyones not instantly erased so quickly.)
: Should we reconsider the point of ranked?
100% agree with op. the system he proposes exists in may other games, and works much better. players are less stressed/less toxic. because they their rewards/penalties are more in line with their performance. and eventually they climb to a rank where they are playing with players of their own skill lvl.
Modi (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=keccak256,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=00010001000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-02-12T13:56:21.722+0000) > > no. you just white list that IP You mean to say "only allow unlimited toxic accounts from dense housing where people share a single public IP address". That doesn't solve the problem, and creates a headache for Riot.
> [{quoted}](name=Modi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=000100010000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T14:13:49.924+0000) > > You mean to say "only allow unlimited toxic accounts from dense housing where people share a single public IP address". That doesn't solve the problem, and creates a headache for Riot. no. because the proposed system uses more than IP. like 1 per email. 1 per phone number. 1 per hardware id, etc...
Kalikain (NA)
: Hell no, why should riot have access to my router and windows key, are you mad? Get out of here. Even the government doesn't get that access.
> [{quoted}](name=Kalikain,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=00010001000000000002,timestamp=2019-02-12T13:30:36.266+0000) > > Hell no, why should riot have access to my router and windows key, are you mad? > > Get out of here. > > Even the government doesn't get that access. in any peer to peer connection the device id of the network adaptor is already available. and getting win key is ez
Modi (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=keccak256,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T08:24:30.599+0000) > > i assume you mean the situation where a college has a dorm with lets just say 1000 students living in that dorm. and lets pretend a generious 10%, so 100 students there, play league. > > and the dorm all has the same IP. so it breaks my system right? > > nope. easy peasy. > > you whitelist certain known IP addresses like that. The college I went to provided internet as a part of tuition. It was damn fast internet (a pair of [OC-192](https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_Carrier_transmission_rates) lines). Though if was a small college of less than 2000 students, everyone has the same public IP address. Our ISP was actually the nearby large state college (the OC lines were being used for research, but it gave us a perfect opportunity to test under real life loads). That school has the same thing: internet included in tuition, with the same problem: one public IP address. They have 50,000 students. That is where your '3 per IP address' breaks down.
> [{quoted}](name=Modi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=0001000100000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-12T13:19:39.530+0000) > > The college I went to provided internet as a part of tuition. It was damn fast internet (a pair of [OC-192](https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_Carrier_transmission_rates) lines). Though if was a small college of less than 2000 students, everyone has the same public IP address. > > Our ISP was actually the nearby large state college (the OC lines were being used for research, but it gave us a perfect opportunity to test under real life loads). That school has the same thing: internet included in tuition, with the same problem: one public IP address. They have 50,000 students. > > That is where your '3 per IP address' breaks down. no. you just white list that IP
Comentários de Rioters
: Tip to junglers and laners about blue buff and energy users.
yea, after first clear, and maybe (depending on jungler xp/lvl/gold needs) after 2nd/3rd clear, buffs should be going to the member of the team that will make most use of them. before that though. the jungler needs the xp/gold. even if the buff does nothing for them. as a jg, i try to ping/chat my teammates to come get the buffs once i dont need them/xp/gold anymore. and even help them kill it when possible.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=keccak256,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=000100010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T08:52:05.955+0000) > > which players does it push towards another game? the ones that are inhibited from being toxic/trolls and get banned? thats fine. you dont want those players. the overwhelming majority of players dont mind this kind of thing. the % that do, is really small No, the ones who haven't been punished before and are now suddenly locked out of their account simply because of their location.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=0001000100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T08:57:32.004+0000) > > No, the ones who haven't been punished before and are now suddenly locked out of their account simply because of their location. oh, i see. you mean going from "current existing system we have now" to "application of proposed system above", making a situation where kids in dorms, go to log into league, but cant. and have to take 3 minutes to fill out the exemption form. yes, implementing such a system in such a large player base will be a bit of a headache. but most these player are already "addicted" to league. and the few minute inconvenience isn't going to stop them from filling out the form. and again. its a small number of players. 99.99% of the base is going to be unaffected.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=keccak256,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=0001000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T08:40:38.009+0000) > > i not talking theory here. these are things i have experience in having been a software engineer for decades and coded/designed platforms hosting millions of players. the % of players effected by this is so small, that these "harsh sounding barriers" really arnt a big deal, nor that time consuming. > > it works. it solves real problems. and seriously improves the quality of life for existing players. While punishing players for no reason for something they have no control over. The system would probably work, but the negative backlash would just push them towards another game.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=00010001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T08:44:58.718+0000) > > While punishing players for no reason for something they have no control over. The system would probably work, but the negative backlash would just push them towards another game. which players does it push towards another game? the ones that are inhibited from being toxic/trolls and get banned? thats fine. you dont want those players. the overwhelming majority of players dont mind this kind of thing. the % that do, is really small
: > [{quoted}](name=keccak256,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=00010001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T08:31:17.159+0000) > > you start by not having that dorms IP whitelisted. > after the first 3 accounts (reaching the limit are made) the 4th student to try and make an account cant right? > > on the "sorry you cant make an account message" you give reasons of why. in this bullet point list of reasions you mention 3 accounts per IP. and you mention "if you have a situation where you have more than 3 real people in a house/appartment/dorm, you can fill out this form for manual review/exemption" > > on that form you have check boxes to get info from your players. the player should check "im living in a college dorm" > > if you get enough forms from the same dorm, your staff now should manually verify that IP is actually a real dorm and whitelists the IP. > > this may SOUND like a lot of work. but its actually not. at all. So a person would need to knock on random doors in their dorm to find out if there is another league player? Not only that, but you expect these four strangers to reliably sign their name for the exception, submit the form, and patiently wait to play the game when no other game requires you to jump through such hoops? They'll just play something else at that point. What would be preventing someone from making up a few additional names and listing a nearby dorm in order to get a free white-list? What would stop people from collectively flooding Riot with exemption requests slowing down the process for any possible legitimate request to a crawl?
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=000100010000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-12T08:38:51.977+0000) > > So a person would need to knock on random doors in their dorm to find out if there is another league player? no. why would they need to do that? the first 3 people just make an account with ease. the 4th just fills out the form, with no info needed from anyone else. > Not only that, but you expect these four strangers to reliably sign their name for the exception and submit the form, and patiently wait to play the game when no other game requires you to jump through such hoops? They'll just play something else at that point. patiently wait? lol. it only takes a few minutes for such a manual review process man. my last platform i coded before i retired. peaked at 7.2 million users globally. i know thats not as big as league. but thats pretty big for this next sentence to give you perspective. we managed that community, all their requests, 24/7, with the ability to respond to any/all inquries within minutes, with a staff of 12 people. > What would be preventing someone from making up a few additional names and listing a nearby dorm in order to get a free white-list? staff, before whitelisting the IP, can pretty easily check within a few minutes if this IP belongs to a house, or dorm, or apartment, or business. this isn't difficult. > What would stop people from collectively flooding Riot with exemption requests slowing down the process for any possible legitimate request to a crawl? nothing would stop people from doing that. MANUALLY. as far as them scripting a bot that tries to ddos flood the exemption request form, thats easy code stuff. if people actually MANUALLY start flooding it you just hire more staff? well if its the same person that has filled out the form multiple times and already been denied, you can have code that just auto ignores their requests, freeing up staff time for legitimate requests. a staff member can review a request and approve/deny in like 15-30 seconds. doesn't take a lot of staff to manage this. and with an annual income like riots? they can afford a lot of staff
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=keccak256,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=00010001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T08:31:17.159+0000) > > you start by not having that dorms IP whitelisted. > after the first 3 accounts (reaching the limit are made) the 4th student to try and make an account cant right? > > on the "sorry you cant make an account message" you give reasons of why. in this bullet point list of reasions you mention 3 accounts per IP. and you mention "if you have a situation where you have more than 3 real people in a house/appartment/dorm, you can fill out this form for manual review/exemption" > > on that form you have check boxes to get info from your players. the player should check "im living in a college dorm" > > if you get enough forms from the same dorm, your staff now should manually verify that IP is actually a real dorm and whitelists the IP. > > this may SOUND like a lot of work. but its actually not. at all. Difficult, no, time consuming, punishing to players for no reason and good ways to lose business...yes.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=000100010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T08:36:31.876+0000) > > Difficult, no, time consuming, punishing to players for no reason and good ways to lose business...yes. i not talking theory here. these are things i have experience in having been a software engineer for decades and coded/designed platforms hosting millions of players. the % of players effected by this is so small, that these "harsh sounding barriers" really arnt a big deal, nor that time consuming. it works. it solves real problems. and seriously improves the quality of life for existing players.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=keccak256,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T08:24:30.599+0000) > > i assume you mean the situation where a college has a dorm with lets just say 1000 students living in that dorm. and lets pretend a generious 10%, so 100 students there, play league. > > and the dorm all has the same IP. so it breaks my system right? > > nope. easy peasy. > > you whitelist certain known IP addresses like that. What would be the process of whitelisting and what would be stopping said players from also getting their IP whitelisted?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=0001000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T08:26:45.885+0000) > > What would be the process of whitelisting and what would be stopping said players from also getting their IP whitelisted? you start by not having that dorms IP whitelisted. after the first 3 accounts (reaching the limit are made) the 4th student to try and make an account cant right? on the "sorry you cant make an account message" you give reasons of why. in this bullet point list of reasions you mention 3 accounts per IP. and you mention "if you have a situation where you have more than 3 real people in a house/appartment/dorm, you can fill out this form for manual review/exemption" on that form you have check boxes to get info from your players. the player should check "im living in a college dorm" if you get enough forms from the same dorm, your staff now should manually verify that IP is actually a real dorm and whitelists the IP. this may SOUND like a lot of work. but its actually not. at all.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=keccak256,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T08:17:36.155+0000) > > 1 account per email > + 3 accounts per IP address (with manual "apply for exemption" form to fill out for the rare 0.01% of players that have more than 3 actual people in the same house playing league) > + 1 account per network device id adaptor (so for people that just change their IP or use VPN cant abuse this without buying more hardware) > + 1 account per windows/mac/OS registration id > + creating an account requires auth code txt'd to phone number, 1 auth code per phone number (with manual "apply for exemption" form to fill out for households where the kids playing dont have a phone and have to use their parents phone number) > > whamo. > fixed. > > get banned? now to make a new account you need to buy a new phone, a new network adaptor, and change your IP, new windows/mac/os key. > try making one using the "manual apply for exemption form"? ok, during the manual review, mods/staff see you were banned for toxic/whatever, and deny the form. > > does this reduce it 100%? no. does it reduce it 99.99% by making the process of just making a new account cost $$$ and difficult? yes. > > these aren't new ideas. its implemented in plenty of other games to solve the same problem. and has been for close to a decade. > > why doesn't riot do this? honestly? cause they actually dont care if a toxic person gets perma banned and makes a new account. that new account = stats/numbers of "this year we had X new accounts made" and "we have X total players". also some of those new accounts actually keep spending $ on skins/passes. > > is this more profitable? thats a debate. if you enforce such things, on one hand, the difficulty of making an account, detracts from some players ever playing your game. but on the other hand, the people that do play, have a better quality of life. they are happier players. have more fun. so they play for more years, and spend more money, and word of mouth recommend the game to more friends. > > source? im a retired software engineer who coded for 27 years And what of colleges, or do you really expect for students to want to go through all those hoops just to play a video game?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=00010001000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T08:21:57.864+0000) > > And what of colleges, or do you really expect for students to want to go through all those hoops just to play a video game? i assume you mean the situation where a college has a dorm with lets just say 1000 students living in that dorm. and lets pretend a generious 10%, so 100 students there, play league. and the dorm all has the same IP. so it breaks my system right? nope. easy peasy. you whitelist certain known IP addresses like that.
: > [{quoted}](name=keccak256,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-02-12T07:56:41.668+0000) > > thats actually not true. its really easy to code a system that prevents this. super duper uper easy. riot just choses NOT to code it in. May I ask what this "super duper uper easy" method is?
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-02-12T07:58:09.132+0000) > > May I ask what this "super duper uper easy" method is? 1 account per email + 3 accounts per IP address (with manual "apply for exemption" form to fill out for the rare 0.01% of players that have more than 3 actual people in the same house playing league) + 1 account per network device id adaptor (so for people that just change their IP or use VPN cant abuse this without buying more hardware) + 1 account per windows/mac/OS registration id + creating an account requires auth code txt'd to phone number, 1 auth code per phone number (with manual "apply for exemption" form to fill out for households where the kids playing dont have a phone and have to use their parents phone number) whamo. fixed. get banned? now to make a new account you need to buy a new phone, a new network adaptor, and change your IP, new windows/mac/os key. try making one using the "manual apply for exemption form"? ok, during the manual review, mods/staff see you were banned for toxic/whatever, and deny the form. does this reduce it 100%? no. does it reduce it 99.99% by making the process of just making a new account cost $$$ and difficult? yes. these aren't new ideas. its implemented in plenty of other games to solve the same problem. and has been for close to a decade. why doesn't riot do this? honestly? cause they actually dont care if a toxic person gets perma banned and makes a new account. that new account = stats/numbers of "this year we had X new accounts made" and "we have X total players". also some of those new accounts actually keep spending $ on skins/passes. is this more profitable? thats a debate. if you enforce such things, on one hand, the difficulty of making an account, detracts from some players ever playing your game. but on the other hand, the people that do play, have a better quality of life. they are happier players. have more fun. so they play for more years, and spend more money, and word of mouth recommend the game to more friends. source? im a retired software engineer who coded for 27 years
: Lmao i was playing quinn for the first times if you see look map preasure and why i was dying also check turret dmg vision controll ect i was the only reason my team was winning those
> [{quoted}](name=Youth Wast3d,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=U64Azbve,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T07:10:52.297+0000) > > i was playing quinn for the first times why would you EVER take a champ you dont have good mastery on in ranked? ranked is not the place to practice champs
Copic (NA)
: Players who purposely don't leash their junglers are toxic af.
for those saying "i have a good reason not to leash" learn math.
: > sometimes shotcalling becomes toxic Then it ceases to be shotcalling, and becomes being toxic. That's the line. And yes, permabans in practice can't be actually permanent because this game is free and email addresses are infinite. There's no way Riot can actually prevent someone from making an account if they want to make one. All they can do is try their best to show that person that they are not welcome or wanted in the game anymore, as their behavior creates such a bad environment for the other 9.
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Łucznik,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-12T06:52:51.480+0000) > There's no way Riot can actually prevent someone from making an account if they want to make one. thats actually not true. its really easy to code a system that prevents this. super duper uper easy. riot just choses NOT to code it in.
EATARI (NA)
: I think it actually is multiplicative, thus should be a 64% slow for 2 seconds.
> [{quoted}](name=EATARI,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EyIw8qyK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-12T06:06:34.082+0000) > > I think it actually is multiplicative, thus should be a 64% slow for 2 seconds. so (a) but the first 40% slow applied. then the 2nd applied to the remaining for a 64% slow. cool. any source to make you think that though? i just wanna know for sure
Comentários de Rioters
: riots removing "nerf yasuo" posts
https://regmedia.co.uk/2012/05/28/no_spam_logo.jpg?x=442&y=293&crop=1
: riots removing "nerf yasuo" posts
ok. ill agree the first 3 were 0 effort and spam. (but fun spam) but the suggested passive? thats slightly above zero effort.
Comentários de Rioters
: So many Yasuo hate threads, RIOT, maybe it's time to remove the champion all together?
add this to his kit: ------------------ PASSIVE: Double Edged Sword: for every kill or assist yasuo gets, each member of his team (including him) is given a stack of "Double Edged Sword". Max 42 stacks. Each stack will reduce all damage dealt to enemy champions by 1.2%. ---------------------------
: At the moment, there's only ONE class of champions Yasuo doesn't counter
since yas players like to boast "hes so complicated" lets give him ANOTHER PASSIVE. to add to the complication. i suggest this one: ----------- PASSIVE: Double Edged Sword: for every kill or assist yasuo gets, each members of his team (including him) is given a stack of "Double Edged Sword". Max 42 stacks. Each stack will reduce all damage dealt to enemy champions by 1.2%. --------------
: 9 minute queue times for top or bot?
go play jg or sup. you'll get matches pretty much instanlty. i jg main. probably get a match within 15 seconds 80% of the time 15-30 seconds 10% of the time less than 1 minute 5% of the time 1-2 minutes 4% of the time more than 2 minutes 1 % of them time. its great
: A Rioter on Twitter confirmed that a micropatch will nerf Yasuo. He also told Moe/Yassuo (best Yasuo in the world) that he is too strong right now and that he will be nerfed
> [{quoted}](name=Bent Pixels,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Af3vEdvx,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-02-11T16:43:37.206+0000) > > A Rioter on Twitter confirmed that a micropatch will nerf Yasuo. He also told Moe/Yassuo (best Yasuo in the world) that he is too strong right now and that he will be nerfed oh sweet, ill have to look for that. thx
: > [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eJTa32n3,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-11T16:32:18.386+0000) > > Can't even tell by the match history that he has a main eh? Not really, it's all over the place and I don't really care enough to dig through this rando's history to find out.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eJTa32n3,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-11T16:34:38.942+0000) > > Not really, it's all over the place and I don't really care enough to dig through this rando's history to find out. yea, i cant tell either. i see a different champ every single match
Exibir mais

keccak256

Nível 80 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão