: > [{quoted}](name=Zac x Me,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mEEUhZL9,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-15T03:25:20.031+0000) > > How do you even get hacked unless you click links or share your id and pw. Brute force programs can crack passwords that are simple enough. A lot of people underestimate how long they should be making their password.
> [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mEEUhZL9,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-11-15T07:05:06.101+0000) > > Brute force programs can crack passwords that are simple enough. A lot of people underestimate how long they should be making their password. The most common way is not this; it's password reuse. The more locations you use a password, the more likely it is to be breached; and when one site is breached, people will take credentials from that breach and try to use them on other sites. Years ago someone got into one of my email accounts via this method.
: Can we have a honest discussion about being banned?
S2 account here, 0 punishments. I rarely ever type in game outside of gg at the end, but it's not out of fear of getting punished; it's that I just dislike typing as it takes me away from playing the game. If I typed half of what I've said in voice chat over the years I'd probably have received multiple permas however.
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HqeEWAVr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-14T00:36:02.783+0000) > > And this is the exact type of thing that shouldn't be allowed on the boards - people avoiding discussion and looking just for "yes men" or an echo chamber. > > Yet the moderators don't catch em all. Thanks for making it easier for them to catch you! Definitely not in disagreement with you on this one. But you do love echo chambers, don't you? xD This is off topic, but I swear "echo chamber" is damn near going to be in the dictionary soon as "rujitra's catch phrase for dumb shit on the forums"
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HqeEWAVr,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-11-14T23:45:41.921+0000) > > Definitely not in disagreement with you on this one. But you do love echo chambers, don't you? xD > This is off topic, but I swear "echo chamber" is damn near going to be in the dictionary soon as "rujitra's catch phrase for dumb shit on the forums" But Boards does have a problem with echo chambers, and that's the whole issue with discussion view. Discussion view makes it easy to hide dissenting opinions due to score sorting. People also tend to upvote what is upvoted as agreeing with people feels good. So once something gets upvoted, if you come in and try to challenge it you get buried. This is still an issue on GD, but to a lesser degree because chronological sorting is the default and it thus the only thing that matters for visibility is timing.
: https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1193974435587317760?s=19 Despite what you said and my already thousands of messages on here, this is a tweet from YouTube. Not sure if you saw it before, but does it change your mind in any way? I hate to see people getting concerned over a hoax.
> [{quoted}](name=14daysuspensionk,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GVUbUgJv,comment-id=002b,timestamp=2019-11-15T00:28:39.424+0000) > > https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1193974435587317760?s=19 > > > Despite what you said and my already thousands of messages on here, this is a tweet from YouTube. Not sure if you saw it before, but does it change your mind in any way? I hate to see people getting concerned over a hoax. The internet not understanding things and blowing them out of proportion? This certainly has never happened before. Like Youtube is actually profitable now in spite of the adblock users, and I'm certain that even though us adblock users don't count for eyeballs, we still indirectly count towards revenue because we stills hare videos. Banning adblock users wouldn't be like shooting themselves in the foot, it would be like taking a chainsaw to both legs.
Aliquid (NA)
: no no, it was vivance. it made me aggressive and i lost my honor 3 because of it lol. just kinda mellowed out and got off of it.
> [{quoted}](name=Aliquid,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=N3Rv7JIA,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-03T16:29:43.845+0000) > > no no, it was vivance. it made me aggressive and i lost my honor 3 because of it lol. just kinda mellowed out and got off of it. Vyvanse is in the same family as adderall. I've tried it and it was no different in terms of side effects.
Aliquid (NA)
: honestly i'm in the same boat. I switched ADHD medicine about 6 months ago (about june-ish) and got 14 day suspension. I've climbed for the past month and a half through the level 0 hell and now sitting at honor 1, checkpoint 2. I won't make it to the end of season rewards most likely but i'm doing my best to make a lasting positive impact for my team. I agree with your mute all situation and i will add that disabling summoner names has helped myself TREMENDOUSLY with getting angry at others. I'm sorry this happened to you as teammates can be very toxic for no reason and feel they can get away with it. i wish you best of luck next season, friend.
> [{quoted}](name=Aliquid,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=N3Rv7JIA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-03T02:38:05.959+0000) > > honestly i'm in the same boat. I switched ADHD medicine about 6 months ago (about june-ish) and got 14 day suspension. I've climbed for the past month and a half through the level 0 hell and now sitting at honor 1, checkpoint 2. I won't make it to the end of season rewards most likely but i'm doing my best to make a lasting positive impact for my team. I agree with your mute all situation and i will add that disabling summoner names has helped myself TREMENDOUSLY with getting angry at others. I'm sorry this happened to you as teammates can be very toxic for no reason and feel they can get away with it. i wish you best of luck next season, friend. Adderall? There's a reason I refuse to touch that shit, and it's because it make me an asshole.
: Such a shame people are tryharding too much in URF
I like playing malphite. You can't safely play full ap malphite in a normal game, but its very strong in urf. Does that make me a tryhard?
Acolion (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=A Swarm of Koala,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ITH7hAlm,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T12:15:19.607+0000) > > Good luck. You'll probably have some strange bottlenecks on that laptop btw. I'm willing to bet that 8 gb ram is ddr2 which may not play nice with a lot of stuff now. If you're sticking to league you're probably fine but you'll probably have issues with any relatively modern game. I dont min on graph what the fps on this specs with every on low graphic
> [{quoted}](name=Acolion,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ITH7hAlm,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T12:54:31.471+0000) > > I dont min on graph > what the fps on this specs with every on low graphic 60+ fps should be easy.
Artex Rae (EUW)
: Can I play LoL on this notebook? (smoothly?)
Yeah it will work for league, assuming it doesn't overheat. You might be better off getting a 15" model however, 17" laptops stretch the definition of portable.
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZWpquLVh,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-10-28T03:32:11.220+0000) > > when I think of old skarner images that would pop up, that's not the first one that pops into my head > > Mods wouldn't like it if I did post that image though... I would happily see it!
> [{quoted}](name=I say Facts,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZWpquLVh,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2019-10-28T04:04:23.802+0000) > > I would happily see it! No, you don't want to see it. There are some cursed images from the old forums, and this is one of them.
: Do you use a screen protector for your phone?
Mine came with one on it, but I didn't use one on my previous phones except for one. My experience is that the screen protector gets scratched much more easily and looks like crap.
: https://i.imgur.com/2PZDbjg.jpg[/img] What's crazy is I remember this thread lol. I've been haunting the forums for too long.
> [{quoted}](name=A Swarm of Koala,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZWpquLVh,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-10-28T03:28:43.576+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/2PZDbjg.jpg[/img] > > What's crazy is I remember this thread lol. I've been haunting the forums for too long. when I think of old skarner images that would pop up, that's not the first one that pops into my head Mods wouldn't like it if I did post that image though...
: They don't want to get sued for setting off another apocalyptic inferno.
> [{quoted}](name=Der Lindwurm,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PXwQ9Bde,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-28T03:18:49.709+0000) > > They don't want to get sued for setting off another apocalyptic inferno. Yes and no. While it's true they are doing this to avoid getting sued, the reason why we're in this fucking mess is they have been doing nothing. Wellover adecade ago there were some large fires in southern california due to power lines. In response SDG&E and SCE both made improvements to their systems to both lessen the risk of wind damage to their systems and reconfigure them to allow for much more fine-grained shutoffs. PG&E did nothing, on top of having a notoriously deficient maintenance program. I'd honestly call the mismanagement at PG&E criminal because they've had such a callous disregard for safety. Ahead of this latest outage they were giving out some numbers of how they're going to upgrade 750 miles of power lines next year. That is an absolutely tiny amount compared to what needs to get upgraded. So yeah fuck PG&E.
Comentários de Rioters
Audhulma (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Oral B Essential,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tWsxeREm,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-10-25T02:47:39.801+0000) > > Thank you for being the only kind human to help me out! > I don’t really want to make a new account because I would like to keep my progress. I will just wait out the 14 days. Yeah but what I'm saying is that the short term pain of restarting on a new account is going to be better than continuing with this one, then being perma banned 3 months from now for telling somebody they suck at jungle. The 14 day ban leaves your account on paper-thin ice, there won't be any leniency. It's just a matter of starting over now or starting over later.
> [{quoted}](name=Audhulma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tWsxeREm,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-10-25T03:42:46.504+0000) > > Yeah but what I'm saying is that the short term pain of restarting on a new account is going to be better than continuing with this one, then being perma banned 3 months from now for telling somebody they suck at jungle. The 14 day ban leaves your account on paper-thin ice, there won't be any leniency. It's just a matter of starting over now or starting over later. On the other hand, avoiding punishment is easy if you follow one simple rule: shut the fuck up. Just don't type anything. Every single permaban I've seen has been because the idiot couldn't help but chew someone out. They had to get the last word in and "win". Black marks against accounts do fall off over time so OP's account could be in good standing such that he won't get permabanned for a small infraction.
: Elementalist Lux worth a buy?
: > The league client doesn't leak this, but historically there have been various sidechannel attacks through programs like skype to get this I guess getting in a skype call with the other team is totally normal now?
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rVeKTdgT,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-24T23:53:11.814+0000) > > I guess getting in a skype call with the other team is totally normal now? The method I heard being used years ago did not involve this. All you needed was someone to be online in Skype and to know their name. Pro players and streamers accidentally showing their skype on stream used to be a big problem I strongly suspect too that there are online tools out there that will give you a list of probable IPs for someone, because the existence of DDoS for hire services. It is unlikely that you will get DDoSed while playing league. It however is not impossible, and given that OP reported multiple people getting dropped from the game and the enemy's threat of a DDoS, then I would say that it is highly likely that OP got DDoSed.
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rVeKTdgT,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-10-24T23:47:30.797+0000) > > Impossible? 100% no. If I get your home ip, I can ddos you. The league client doesn't leak this, but historically there have been various sidechannel attacks through programs like skype to get this. It is also intomately related to hacking, as all modern ddos attacks utilize a botnet of compromised devices to attack the target. I wouldn't call someone that uses a ddos service a hacker though; they're naught but script kiddies. I highly doubt someone with the knowledge on how to ddos someone is wasting their time playing fucking league of legends. Just saying.
> [{quoted}](name=Prestige Vayne,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rVeKTdgT,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-10-24T23:56:56.983+0000) > > I highly doubt someone with the knowledge on how to ddos someone is wasting their time playing fucking league of legends. > Just saying. It takes very little knowledge to know how to ddos someone. The only "difficult" thing is obtaining an ip. Historically, skype was really bad at leaking this, which was a source of many ddos attacks. Once you have an ip, you just find a service to do it for you. This used to be a very rampant issue, and was the very reason jensen got banned many years ago.
: DDoSing a specific player is impossible, it also has nothing to do with hacking to begin with.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rVeKTdgT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-24T22:49:55.920+0000) > > DDoSing a specific player is impossible, it also has nothing to do with hacking to begin with. Impossible? 100% no. If I get your home ip, I can ddos you. The league client doesn't leak this, but historically there have been various sidechannel attacks through programs like skype to get this. It is also intomately related to hacking, as all modern ddos attacks utilize a botnet of compromised devices to attack the target. I wouldn't call someone that uses a ddos service a hacker though; they're naught but script kiddies.
grafix (EUW)
: Should NA become a Wild Card region?
Let's see, NA gets one of the nastiest draws possible, performs according to expectations and that makes them bad? Meanwhile let's look at wildcard regions...oh wait, none of them even made it through. Turkey, whom you guys hyped up as being strong enough to beat Clutch fell 0-3. Ok but what about the LMS? C9 beak HKA, who went winless. AHQ, also winless. VCS? Only a single win for their one team not in play-ins. The other team didn't make it out of play-ins. The gap between EU/China/Korea and NA is great, but NA teams are still better than other regions
: League of Legends on Steam, for Linux users?
or riot could just put some of their money into releasing a native linux client without asking valve to do work for them on a game that competes with one of their biggest
: All Girl League of Legends Worlds and Series
Rather than segregate women in a sport that they can compete on an equal footing in, why not look at solving the barriers that keep them out of pro play?
Infernape (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Linna Excel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rhzJo86h,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-18T22:45:09.970+0000) > > To be fair, the people at blizzcon didn't want a mobile diablo game. It wouldn't be so bad if they announced mobile diablo then pulled a fast one and said "BUT WAIT... NEW DIABLO FOR PC!" or a full overhaul of Diablo 3 with new content. All would've been forgiven instantly.
> [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rhzJo86h,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-18T22:48:36.908+0000) > > It wouldn't be so bad if they announced mobile diablo then pulled a fast one and said "BUT WAIT... NEW DIABLO FOR PC!" or a full overhaul of Diablo 3 with new content. All would've been forgiven instantly. or honestly even a pc version of the new mobile game
: Is this good enough for a Chat Restriction?
Is it the worst I've seen? No. But you still flamed teemo.
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wFhqEBXR,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-17T16:17:11.354+0000) > > $$$, not time. That's a shallow view of it. Not all social games are tooled this way; Azur Lane is one of the least so. Many of the top mobile games in Asia, understanding that Asian players won't just throw money at things blindly in the first place, enforce gameplay that requires a lot of hard work even if you do whale. I can think of two I play off the top of my head that require a lot of late game grind for things that _cannot_ be acquired through real money purchases to truly be effective. > Really? > > No. MMO players want challenging group content. FFXIV may have an excellent story, but the content that keeps people around is raids. Raids and dungeons are the stick by which every MMO is measured, and things like PVP are truly afterthoughts for the majority of them. You're generalizing. American players may prefer challenging group content above all. Asia is a mixed market, and a huge one. FFXIV is still kicking largely because of the Japanese and Korean market, who indulges _heavily_ in side content like housing and events. > lol looking at my level I like to. A lot of people assume I'm a newbie when they reply to me and it makes them look right foolish, so I've decided it's best not to make assumptions and instead check the person's level when you reply to them. > I've been playing since season 2, and the majority of my games played are from when we were all capped at 30. I've actually tried other MOBAs. All of the ones I've tried I haven't liked, except Dawngate. Fuck EA. Mine as well. I pulled myself from 1 to 30 entire on bot games. That's how far back this account goes, I'm ashamed to say. > Seriously there is nothing inherently wrong with releasing into a crowded market. The critical thing is that if you release into a crowded market, you have to make sure you stand out. Riot has the fanbase and the budget to do so. And releasing a game in a genre that is less crowded isn't necessarily a great idea either. You get a crowded genre because people are playing those games, which means the audience for a crowded genre is much bigger. Basically you're accusing Riot of not doing their market research, yet we know they do it (their stated reason for TFT mobile is this). No, absolutely. By all means, get into the market. Only, it's as you say. You have to make sure you stand out. Riot has the fanbase and the budget, but what they've shown me so far is an Overwatch alpha whose main promise is "but we'll fix the lag issues other games have" and a League Lite for mobile that looks slightly prettier than the competition. This doesn't give me faith that they'll stand out. Maybe they will in the end, but it's a gamble, and one they didn't need to take.
> [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wFhqEBXR,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-17T16:29:37.871+0000) > > That's a shallow view of it. Not all social games are tooled this way; Azur Lane is one of the least so. Many of the top mobile games in Asia, understanding that Asian players won't just throw money at things blindly in the first place, enforce gameplay that requires a lot of hard work even if you do whale. I can think of two I play off the top of my head that require a lot of late game grind for things that _cannot_ be acquired through real money purchases to truly be effective. > > You're generalizing. American players may prefer challenging group content above all. Asia is a mixed market, and a huge one. FFXIV is still kicking largely because of the Japanese and Korean market, who indulges _heavily_ in side content like housing and events. > > I like to. A lot of people assume I'm a newbie when they reply to me and it makes them look right foolish, so I've decided it's best not to make assumptions and instead check the person's level when you reply to them. > > Mine as well. I pulled myself from 1 to 30 entire on bot games. That's how far back this account goes, I'm ashamed to say. > > No, absolutely. By all means, get into the market. Only, it's as you say. You have to make sure you stand out. Riot has the fanbase and the budget, but what they've shown me so far is an Overwatch alpha whose main promise is "but we'll fix the lag issues other games have" and a League Lite for mobile that looks slightly prettier than the competition. This doesn't give me faith that they'll stand out. Maybe they will in the end, but it's a gamble, and one they didn't need to take. Let me turn this around: What game _should_ Riot make? Pointing out problems is easy, posting solutions is hard.
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wFhqEBXR,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-16T15:24:46.796+0000) > > Final Fantasy XIV launched into a very crowded market for MMOs. It even sucked massively on launch. Yet somehow, it's here today and is widely regarded as the best MMO on the market today, and in terms of size is second only to WoW. Yet if we follow your logic, Square Enix never should have made FFXIV. And you know what, WoW wasn't the first MMO ever made. In fact it was far from the first, and when WoW was released, there already was a dominant force in the market - Everquest. Everquest was even launching a sequel at about the same time. But WoW had something that Everquest didn't have - legions of dedicated Blizzard fans. So when Blizzard put their effort into making WoW the best game possible, the people that their fanboys would bring in actually stuck around, and the game snowballed into the massive juggernaut we know today. > > So yeah, crowded market is bullshit. And as for all of the mobile releases? China. China has Azur Lane. They're not leaving that anytime soon. You have to understand that social games require a tremendous amount of time investment to really "get good" at. As far as the above... You're using MMOs as the measuring stick. That's a very different subject because MMOs provide a broad range of options for players. You can focus on PVE. Most let you buy into housing. Most having something akin to Final Fantasy XIV's glamour system. There's arena PVP. Map control PVP. Good MMOs, like Black Desert Online, go wild with new features like horse rearing and business-building. In other words, MMOs are the one type of online game that plays more like a singleplayer game market-wise. Other online games that have a competitive nature - which all Riot's projects seem to - need to be _considerably_ better than the competition to woo many people away. You're only level 66, yet if you play ranked, I bet you would be reluctant to throw out your ladder progress in favor of picking up a new MOBA and climbing theirs. Imagine how level 250+ players feel about it! No one is more serious about a game than a pro, and both myself and my rivals... We don't change games often. The only time I _might_ consider it is with a fighter, but even then, bouncing from one nuance to another is less effective than getting and staying extremely skilled at one game.
> [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wFhqEBXR,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-10-17T03:54:42.005+0000) > > China has Azur Lane. They're not leaving that anytime soon. You have to understand that social games require a tremendous amount of time investment to really "get good" at. $$$, not time. > As far as the above... You're using MMOs as the measuring stick. That's a very different subject because MMOs provide a broad range of options for players. You can focus on PVE. Most let you buy into housing. Most having something akin to Final Fantasy XIV's glamour system. There's arena PVP. Map control PVP. Good MMOs, like Black Desert Online, go wild with new features like horse rearing and business-building. In other words, MMOs are the one type of online game that plays more like a singleplayer game market-wise. Really? No. MMO players want challenging group content. FFXIV may have an excellent story, but the content that keeps people around is raids. Raids and dungeons are the stick by which every MMO is measured, and things like PVP are truly afterthoughts for the majority of them. > Other online games that have a competitive nature - which all Riot's projects seem to - need to be _considerably_ better than the competition to woo many people away. **You're only level 66**, yet if you play ranked, I bet you would be reluctant to throw out your ladder progress in favor of picking up a new MOBA and climbing theirs. Imagine how level 250+ players feel about it! No one is more serious about a game than a pro, and both myself and my rivals... We don't change games often. The only time I _might_ consider it is with a fighter, but even then, bouncing from one nuance to another is less effective than getting and staying extremely skilled at one game. lol looking at my level I've been playing since season 2, and the majority of my games played are from when we were all capped at 30. I've actually tried other MOBAs. All of the ones I've tried I haven't liked, except Dawngate. Fuck EA. Seriously there is nothing inherently wrong with releasing into a crowded market. The critical thing is that if you release into a crowded market, you have to make sure you stand out. Riot has the fanbase and the budget to do so. And releasing a game in a genre that is less crowded isn't necessarily a great idea either. You get a crowded genre because people are playing those games, which means the audience for a crowded genre is much bigger. Basically you're accusing Riot of not doing their market research, yet we know they do it (their stated reason for TFT mobile is this).
: Once more, with calm: Riot, what exactly is your problem?
Final Fantasy XIV launched into a very crowded market for MMOs. It even sucked massively on launch. Yet somehow, it's here today and is widely regarded as the best MMO on the market today, and in terms of size is second only to WoW. Yet if we follow your logic, Square Enix never should have made FFXIV. And you know what, WoW wasn't the first MMO ever made. In fact it was far from the first, and when WoW was released, there already was a dominant force in the market - Everquest. Everquest was even launching a sequel at about the same time. But WoW had something that Everquest didn't have - legions of dedicated Blizzard fans. So when Blizzard put their effort into making WoW the best game possible, the people that their fanboys would bring in actually stuck around, and the game snowballed into the massive juggernaut we know today. So yeah, crowded market is bullshit. And as for all of the mobile releases? China.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yRpLEjHf,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-10-16T05:57:37.737+0000) > > animated tv series != anime > > Riot didn't call it an anime either. Calling any animated tv series that isn't a children's cartoon or adult comedy an anime does just a massive disservice to western animation. This isn't even anime-styled; it seems to me to be much more in the line of western comic books, which have their own rich and storied history. Anime, cartoon, animated series, whatever, who cares?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yRpLEjHf,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-10-16T06:48:06.963+0000) > > Anime, cartoon, animated series, whatever, who cares? Anyone who wants animation to be taken seriously in the west should care. Seriously, calling this anime is like calling Rick and Morty anime.
Jamaree (NA)
: They announced a fighting game, an FPS, an anime, and a hack and slash beyond just the card game and mobile titles? Like shit, what more do you want? Edit: People were bitching about Diablo Immortal because it isn't what people wanted...at all, the people playing Diablo faithfully on PC for nearly 20 years, didn't want a likely to be pay to win quick cash grab of a game series that has been starving for decent content of the series since 2001, Diablo 3 sucked compared to D2.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yRpLEjHf,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-16T04:04:52.188+0000) > > They announced a fighting game, an FPS, **an anime**, and a hack and slash beyond just the card game and mobile titles? > > Like shit, what more do you want? > > Edit: People were bitching about Diablo Immortal because it isn't what people wanted...at all, the people playing Diablo faithfully on PC for nearly 20 years, didn't want a likely to be pay to win quick cash grab of a game series that has been starving for decent content of the series since 2001, Diablo 3 sucked compared to D2. animated tv series != anime Riot didn't call it an anime either. Calling any animated tv series that isn't a children's cartoon or adult comedy an anime does just a massive disservice to western animation. This isn't even anime-styled; it seems to me to be much more in the line of western comic books, which have their own rich and storied history.
DalekZec (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lndYpZR6,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T21:03:04.364+0000) > > https://www.usich.gov/tools-for-action/map/#fn[]=1400&fn[]=2900&fn[]=6000&fn[]=9900&fn[]=13500 > > link showing cali has the highest homeless population > > this link rates cali as the 2 most expensive state to live in > https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/10/americas-10-most-expensive-states-to-live-in-2019.html > 2019 Cost of Living score: 2 out of 50 points (Top States Grade: F) > Most expensive area: San Francisco > Average home price: $1,243,239 > Half gallon of milk: $2.86 > Monthly energy bill: $237.13 > Doctor visit: $148.84 > > https://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm > shows that cali has the 10th highest unemployment rank > > i mean i could keep going, im not shiting on cali, im stating how it is. Well that's definitely removes California as one of my options to live after I finish uni in Lebanon... Are there even states in America worth living in?
> [{quoted}](name=DalekZec,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lndYpZR6,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T21:14:56.621+0000) > > Well that's definitely removes California as one of my options to live after I finish uni in Lebanon... > Are there even states in America worth living in? Like I said, some people really HATE California (and I see further down he lives in Texas, explains everything, Texans love shitting on California). Homelessness is an issue that stems from it being super expensive to live here, but unemployment? 4.1% is not bad at all, go look at the way unemployment works and basically anything below 5% is really good. The flip side of it being super expensive to live here is our wages are higher on average, and that if you can afford to live here, it's great. It's also the closest climate to what you are familiar with. Don't let one guy with an agenda color your perception of what would be the world's 5th biggest economy if it were an independent country.
DalekZec (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lndYpZR6,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T16:01:37.417+0000) > > they are the ones creating them... > > sooo > > i can remember fully but i do recall reading an article stating that near half the homeless people in america are in cali . Well that was disappointing... We have like 2 to 3 massive helicopters specifically for fire but the government barely sent in funds for maintenance (and probably training) and look what happened now. The fire happened and the helicopters were unfit to go heli up in the sky and make it rain. It was so bad that even Cyprus sent 2 firefighting planes to help.
> [{quoted}](name=DalekZec,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lndYpZR6,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T16:12:47.849+0000) > > Well that was disappointing... > > We have like 2 to 3 massive helicopters specifically for fire but the government barely sent in funds for maintenance (and probably training) and look what happened now. The fire happened and the helicopters were unfit to go heli up in the sky and make it rain. > > It was so bad that even Cyprus sent 2 firefighting planes to help. Ignore him, some people just enjoy shitting on california. Parts of the state are prone to large fires due to terrain and climate, and really the only change is that these fires are getting more frequent. Climate and human-woldland interaction are partially to blame, but the state also has a problem with invasive plants that heighten fire risk, and this is an issue that can't be solved easily. Other parts of the state are fore prone because of mismanagement, but that is due to federal policy set decades ago to aggressively put out all fires, which resulted in massive forest overgrowth in all western states. There's no easy solutions to any of these issues, but some people like to pretend they exist.
: Plot Twist It's a card game anime
> [{quoted}](name=ZackTheWaffleMan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1q9PAzAf,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-10-15T18:07:24.488+0000) > > Plot Twist > > It's a card game anime Children's card games, just what we need
Jesi Oni (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ornndyr2k19,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1q9PAzAf,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-10-15T15:38:46.794+0000) > > aliens also talk to me from time to time and i can speak to the dead > > on a more serious note > riot did mention a fighting game so it's way more likely that game would be officially announced > > card game is going to be fine as gwent failed and heartstone is getting shat on > > and as far as the anime goes i think everyone will be extremely excited for it I think that they dumped the idea of fighting game long ago. Card games are easier to make and generate tons of money ( look Hearthstone). But... we will see 😜
> [{quoted}](name=Jesi Oni,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1q9PAzAf,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-10-15T16:03:06.389+0000) > > I think that they dumped the idea of fighting game long ago. Card games are easier to make and generate tons of money ( look Hearthstone). But... we will see 😜 Riot dumped the idea of a card game long ago, and we even got a leaked prototype.
: DDoSing is basically flooding the servers to the point where they crash. Drop hacking pushes individual players out of a game. That game also completely disappears out of that player's match history. If the game you got dropped out of isn't in your match history, that's what happened.
> [{quoted}](name=Brutalitops01,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9FITPscy,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-12T22:45:48.172+0000) > > DDoSing is basically flooding the servers to the point where they crash. Drop hacking pushes individual players out of a game. That game also completely disappears out of that player's match history. If the game you got dropped out of isn't in your match history, that's what happened. Completely wrong. "Drop hacking" is where you make ALL players drop out of the game, thus erasing the game. If you make individual players drop, the game still shows up. A DDoS is just a style of attack where you orchestrate a large number of hosts to send bogus traffic to your target. You can do this to Riot's servers, but with the way they are set up now this is actually hard to cause an impact. This is much more effective against a single user that doesn't have the ability to traffic engineer and do proper DDoS filtering.
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=003000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-10-13T05:40:59.759+0000) > > You can't do anything without potentially offending someone, so the fact that someone is offended doesn't mean we should take action to lessen their offense. Instead what you do is listen to their concerns, but you only take action if their concerns are warranted. In this case, it is absolutely absurd to call this Pyke cosplay blackface. Calling it blackface absolutely ignores the history of blackface. The cosplay is a very faithful reproduction of Pyke, and this for the cosplay to be blackface, Pyke himself must be a blackface character. However You don't see people complaining about the cosplay accusing Riot of making a blackface character in Pyke, so that definitely is not the problem. The problem is that there are some people who believe that light skinned people should not be allowed to cosplay dark-skinned characters. > > If you're going to jump on someone for doing something you dislike, you should be honest, and not lie. She's being accused of blackface not because what she's doing is blackface, but because there's a group of people out there that doesn't want her cosplaying a dark-skinned character. If the people speaking out against this cosplay are assigning malice to where there clearly is none, then they deserve no respect. Riot created pyke as a black Character from what I can google , correct me if I am wrong so riot wouldn’t be called out on that. Black face is when a white person makes their skin darker to look like a black person. So this was black face she was just racially insensitive or ignorant to not realize what she was doing because of the racist history of it. She is being accused of black face because that is what she did. Whether she meant harm or not doesn’t matter it offended some black people apparently and because of the historical context of it she was in the wrong. No one would of said anything if she didn’t change her skin color this thread would not even exist , it’s not the cosplay that’s the problem it’s what she did to her skin tone and what that represents
> [{quoted}](name=youjealous87,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=0030000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-10-13T06:22:41.019+0000) > > She is being accused of black face because that is what she did. No. You really need to go look up what blackface is, because this is not it. Blackface isn't just paint your skin black, it's paint your skin black and exaggerate features to create a caricature. Calling every white person portraying a dark skinned character blackface is really dangerous. Does that mean that a fictional dark skinned character is automatically bad if a white person creates it? Because there are plenty of dark-skinned characters out there that were created by white people, which means there is an awful lot of blackface if that's the case. The argument for calling this cosplay racist springs out of the same logic that gets us "all white people are racist".
: > [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=0030000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T04:33:11.560+0000) > > I just find it absurd that anybody can claim to be offended because a white person perfectly portrayed a fictional character. Pyke is every bit as fictional as Shrek and Papa Smurf. She didn't do anything racist. She did her best to portray a character exactly as they look who just happens to have dark skin. The cosplay would look terrible if she did it with white skin and I bet she would be ridiculed even worse for not correctly representing a dark skin character. I don’t think she did anything racist either honestly at least not intentionally but because of the history of black face and the recent news about politicians doing it she got famous However if some black people find it offensive then I think they should be respected
> [{quoted}](name=youjealous87,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=00300000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T04:51:19.965+0000) > > I don’t think she did anything racist either honestly at least not intentionally but because of the history of black face and the recent news about politicians doing it she got famous > > However if some black people find it offensive then I think they should be respected You can't do anything without potentially offending someone, so the fact that someone is offended doesn't mean we should take action to lessen their offense. Instead what you do is listen to their concerns, but you only take action if their concerns are warranted. In this case, it is absolutely absurd to call this Pyke cosplay blackface. Calling it blackface absolutely ignores the history of blackface. The cosplay is a very faithful reproduction of Pyke, and this for the cosplay to be blackface, Pyke himself must be a blackface character. However You don't see people complaining about the cosplay accusing Riot of making a blackface character in Pyke, so that definitely is not the problem. The problem is that there are some people who believe that light skinned people should not be allowed to cosplay dark-skinned characters. If you're going to jump on someone for doing something you dislike, you should be honest, and not lie. She's being accused of blackface not because what she's doing is blackface, but because there's a group of people out there that doesn't want her cosplaying a dark-skinned character. If the people speaking out against this cosplay are assigning malice to where there clearly is none, then they deserve no respect.
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NnJx1N2v,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-10-12T03:25:54.522+0000) > > You're averaging three point fucking five CS/min per game on Pantheon. Your Average on swain is only 4.1. Quite frankly, your CS is garbage. You're playing carries, but you don't farm, and thus you fall behind. You had 98 CS is a 33 fucking minute game. That is nobody's fault but your own, and yes, that is why you lose games. If you're on someone like pantheon and you have no gold, you're bound to get outscaled. I'm playing carries and carrying. I don't have CS because I'm busy roaming lanes and fixing problems going on everywhere else. I end games with top team damage, and OFTEN top game damage. But you, and others, will call me out for CS??? I also often end the game with the most gold income. Maybe not every time, but of course the ADC that afk pushes bot lane all game and never joins for objectives is going to outfarm me. I'm busy making plays and trying to get a win. They're busy making the game 4v5 until they have 6 items, which doesn't work because your team gets ran down. "Play safe," they'll say. Totally unaware of how easy a team of 5 can tower dive a team of 4 and take inhibs, barons, and dragons. That's not how the game works. It just isn't. CS'ing is good income, but that's all it is. Killing people gets you income as well, and it denies that player X amount of gold and exp while they're dead. And you can then just continue CS'ing. It's a no-brainer. But it's a little hard to have high CS in a game where I have to go help every single losing lane + losing jungler. Or if I get camped by all lanes & jungler, and get no help whatsoever from my teammates who aren't even doing anything with their empty lanes. I dunno. I'm just tired of this routine. These games aren't winnable. And that's not fun. And it's not fun doing the best on a team, but also being blamed by the team. For not doing even more than I already am. (I've literally been told, "You're 14/3 and can't carry?" Like being 14/3 means I can 1v5 now. It's just a joke. The players in this game are a joke. And I suffer for it.)
> [{quoted}](name=IHeartDoot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NnJx1N2v,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-10-12T05:11:26.822+0000) > > I'm playing carries and carrying. I don't have CS because I'm busy roaming lanes and fixing problems going on everywhere else. I end games with top team damage, and OFTEN top game damage. But you, and others, will call me out for CS??? I also often end the game with the most gold income. Maybe not every time, but of course the ADC that afk pushes bot lane all game and never joins for objectives is going to outfarm me. I'm busy making plays and trying to get a win. They're busy making the game 4v5 until they have 6 items, which doesn't work because your team gets ran down. "Play safe," they'll say. Totally unaware of how easy a team of 5 can tower dive a team of 4 and take inhibs, barons, and dragons. > > That's not how the game works. It just isn't. > > CS'ing is good income, but that's all it is. Killing people gets you income as well, and it denies that player X amount of gold and exp while they're dead. And you can then just continue CS'ing. It's a no-brainer. But it's a little hard to have high CS in a game where I have to go help every single losing lane + losing jungler. Or if I get camped by all lanes & jungler, and get no help whatsoever from my teammates who aren't even doing anything with their empty lanes. > > I dunno. > > I'm just tired of this routine. > > These games aren't winnable. And that's not fun. And it's not fun doing the best on a team, but also being blamed by the team. For not doing even more than I already am. (I've literally been told, "You're 14/3 and can't carry?" Like being 14/3 means I can 1v5 now. It's just a joke. The players in this game are a joke. And I suffer for it.) 1. Skimming your match history I saw very few games in which you had the most gold out of anyone in the game. You also fail to get the most gold on your team quite often. So you do overestimate how much gold you get from kills. 2. I was going to say that not getting CS is like fighting with your arm tied behind your back, but that's not accurate. It's like shooting yourself in the foot. You're sacrificing wave control for kills, and that means the enemy team can push in much easier. It means your jungle is less safe. You're playing Pantheon, you should be able to shove out a side lane then flank the aram, getting CS and kills.
: I don't appreciate the game forcing a rank on me.
You're averaging three point fucking five CS/min per game on Pantheon. Your Average on swain is only 4.1. Quite frankly, your CS is garbage. You're playing carries, but you don't farm, and thus you fall behind. You had 98 CS is a 33 fucking minute game. That is nobody's fault but your own, and yes, that is why you lose games. If you're on someone like pantheon and you have no gold, you're bound to get outscaled.
: An alternative to autofill.
Because autofill doesn't exist to make you lose; it exists to keep queue times shorter. Something like this would only be appropriate if it locks you out of queueing up for 45 minutes too.
: You are certainly allowed to defend yourself from toxic chat, which is accomplished by muting. This is a 100% effective method. Flaming back is a 0% effective method that also constitutes unacceptable behavior and thus opens you up to reports and punishments. Read about this in more detail [here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/Pqc6PJUE-players-who-flame-back-in-self-defense-dont-understand-the-meaning-of-those-words). You weren't punished for misbehaving in one game. You were punished for misbehaving in _one more_ game, in a consistent pattern of negative behavior that breaks the game's rules. Additionally, the reform card doesn't always show all the logs that led to your punishment: it randomly selects up to several logs. You might see three logs, but you also might see as few as one, even for players whose punishment stems not from a small number of egregious infractions but rather from dozens of instances of mild toxicity. The purpose of the reform card is to tell you how to reform, so it shows you an example of the behavior that prompted your punishment and explains that such behavior is inappropriate and should be avoided if you want to maintain an account in good standing. Usually, one transgression by itself wouldn't be enough to bring such a punishment to an otherwise clean account, but the IFS works on an escalating punishment system. Breaking a minor rule, like engaging the team in useless arguments, has a minor punishment: a chat restriction. Breaking that same rule over and over again, however, doesn't prompt an endless series of chat restrictions. The severity of the punishment ramps up over time, because the goal is to eliminate the punished player's willingness to break the game's rules. If two chat restrictions don't stop the useless arguments, the system will increase the punishment to a 14-day suspension and deliver a very clear message that the continued rule-breaking is becoming a serious issue and any further instances will result in a permaban. Again, the point is to put a stop to this misbehavior. If a player is more interested in repeatedly breaking the rules than in maintaining access to their account, they'll lose access to their account. Of course, it's possible to break major rules, like cheating, threatening people, or using chat for hate speech, and skip punishment tiers so that a clean account ends up with a 14-day suspension or even a permaban. From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207489286-Instant-Feedback-System-FAQ-): > **PUNISHMENTS GENERALLY FOLLOW A BASIC ESCALATION PATH:** > > * First Offense: 10 Game Chat Restriction > * Second Offense: 25 Game Chat Restriction > * Third Offense: Two Week Suspension > * Fourth Offense: Permanent Suspension > > However, it is possible to skip to a Two Week or Permanent suspension based on the severity of the behavior in the game. Excessive negative behavior can result in a Two-Week or Permanent suspension at any time without having a chat restriction on the account. You gave up, argued, and called for reports. From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752884-Reporting-a-Player): > Do not threaten or repeatedly tell a player you will report them. Doing so can encourage players who are already negative to continue their behavior. Whether they know they are being reported or not has no bearing to whether the system will act on them. But most importantly, repeatedly threatening or arguing with a negative player can end up derailing the game for everyone else and then open yourself up to reports and possible disciplinary action as well. Avoid negative thoughts and useless chatting with poor performing teammates! Focus on victory by muting the offending player and then reporting them at the end of the game. > > Do not ask other players in the match to report the offending player. It only takes one report for our systems to review a game. Additional reports will not do anything for the offending player; however as mentioned above, it could open yourself up to a report of your own; especially if you are derailing the match by constantly demanding reports of other players.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KAYX5jic,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-10-11T20:28:05.421+0000) > > You are certainly allowed to defend yourself from toxic chat, which is accomplished by muting. This is a 100% effective method. Flaming back is a 0% effective method that also constitutes unacceptable behavior and thus opens you up to reports and punishments. Read about this in more detail [here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/Pqc6PJUE-players-who-flame-back-in-self-defense-dont-understand-the-meaning-of-those-words). > > You weren't punished for misbehaving in one game. You were punished for misbehaving in _one more_ game, in a consistent pattern of negative behavior that breaks the game's rules. Additionally, the reform card doesn't always show all the logs that led to your punishment: it randomly selects up to several logs. You might see three logs, but you also might see as few as one, even for players whose punishment stems not from a small number of egregious infractions but rather from dozens of instances of mild toxicity. The purpose of the reform card is to tell you how to reform, so it shows you an example of the behavior that prompted your punishment and explains that such behavior is inappropriate and should be avoided if you want to maintain an account in good standing. > > Usually, one transgression by itself wouldn't be enough to bring such a punishment to an otherwise clean account, but the IFS works on an escalating punishment system. Breaking a minor rule, like engaging the team in useless arguments, has a minor punishment: a chat restriction. Breaking that same rule over and over again, however, doesn't prompt an endless series of chat restrictions. The severity of the punishment ramps up over time, because the goal is to eliminate the punished player's willingness to break the game's rules. If two chat restrictions don't stop the useless arguments, the system will increase the punishment to a 14-day suspension and deliver a very clear message that the continued rule-breaking is becoming a serious issue and any further instances will result in a permaban. Again, the point is to put a stop to this misbehavior. If a player is more interested in repeatedly breaking the rules than in maintaining access to their account, they'll lose access to their account. > > Of course, it's possible to break major rules, like cheating, threatening people, or using chat for hate speech, and skip punishment tiers so that a clean account ends up with a 14-day suspension or even a permaban. > > From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207489286-Instant-Feedback-System-FAQ-): > > You gave up, argued, and called for reports. > > From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752884-Reporting-a-Player): He actually might have gotten the 14 day off this single game. On top of his behavior in chat, he also went afk for the express purpose of spiting his teammates.
Emikk431 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KAYX5jic,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-11T19:45:38.045+0000) > > Smoking gun right here. Sounds like you decided to AFK. In a non-ranked match?? Is that really bannable?
> [{quoted}](name=Emikk431,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KAYX5jic,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-10-11T19:58:55.952+0000) > > In a non-ranked match?? Is that really bannable? Yes.
: On Riot’s website “Defend human rights around the world from online privacy to gender equality”
> These topics are often incredibly nuanced lol There's nothing nuanced about the Hong Kong situation; China does not believe in the freedom of speech and are doing everything they can to silence their critics. And this announcement seems to be parroting the official line all too well.
Emikk431 (NA)
: I get banned for 14 days for defending myself??
> Emikk431: I'm not playing because you guys flamed me Smoking gun right here. Sounds like you decided to AFK.
Jesi Oni (EUNE)
: i5 are kinda old now and I know it with minimal PC knowledge (I have i5 for two years already). There are i7 and ~~best~~ newest are i9. Everything depends on the money you are willing to spend.
> [{quoted}](name=Jesi Oni,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vXmzZ9MX,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-11T12:13:54.900+0000) > > i5 are kinda old now and I know it with minimal PC knowledge (I have i5 for two years already). There are i7 and ~~best~~ newest are i9. Everything depends on the money you are willing to spend. pentium/i3/i5/i7/i9 are all just performance bins; they are not model years. The number that comes after the i-whatever is the one that really matters (in fact you can ignore the i3/5/7/9 and still have complete cpu data) For example I have an i5-5675c. The first 5 indicates this is a 5th gen core cpu, the next 3 numbers are the model number within the 5th gen lineup, and the c at the end indicates the special featureset on my cpu.
X0O (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DartExplosion10,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9X9H3vWE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-11T04:44:03.486+0000) > > lol you bought 10k rp after playing for only a month? i got it from giveaways
> [{quoted}](name=X0O,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9X9H3vWE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-11T04:48:35.475+0000) > > i got it from giveaways I'm starting to think that you've been bamboozled
: Heeelp
A few things: Get a r5 2600 for your CPU - it's the superior CPU in your price range Don't buy a 1TB spinning disk; just upgrade your SSD to a 1TB model If you're getting a rubber dome board like you selected, you might as well get a logitech k120. A mechanical keyboard (and not one of those "mechanical feel" pieces of shit) is one of the upgrades that can actually make a significant boost in your performance. THis has to do with the actuation point of your keystrokes - a mechanical switch actuates in the middle of the keystroke, meaning you can have a faster response time and rebound. Furthermore you also won't kill your fingers as much by bottoming out at full force.
Thilmer (EUW)
: Ridiculous racial controversy gets former cosplay champion banned.
It's obviously ridiculous to call this blackface, but the problem isn't "outrage culture" or whatever you want to call it today. This is simply the product of social media. While I don't know if the person who started this shitstorm did it out of genuine belief or as a means to be petty, there are people out there pounding on this poor cosplayer that are "true believers" and their outrage is 100% genuine, and not the product of a culture that likes to get mad. Beliefs like these don't arise in a vacuum; they require their own echo chamber to be developed and reinforced, and echo chambers require people. Social media does a wonderful job of bringing like-minded people together, and the extremist cells that at this point are the ones pushing this bullshit will exclude anyone who tries to shift them towards mainstream thoughts. These groups don't have to be big either to damage as the internet only cares about who screams the loudest (and I say this from experience in joining in brigading a few fantasy character popularity polls in the past).
: > [{quoted}](name=Zac x Me,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ibec2E4d,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-10T18:51:55.498+0000) > > AdBlock Plus > NoScript I use ABP.
> [{quoted}](name=Support Evelynn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ibec2E4d,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-10T18:54:06.689+0000) > > I use ABP. uBlock Origin ABP lets stuff through
: > [{quoted}](name=Rockman,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ec4ZIMqF,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-10-05T16:41:48.441+0000) > > If it's my birthday do I get a Get Out of Jail Free card? No, because I keep getting downvoted.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ec4ZIMqF,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-10-05T17:02:58.093+0000) > > No, because I keep getting downvoted. Aren't we supposed to be downvoting your posts though?
: Why are there so many Boosting sites in existence?
Blizzard can shut down private servers for copyright violations. Those servers are doing more than tos violations; they're breaking laws in exactly the way that the laws are intended to prevent. On the other hand boosting is only a tos violation. Now this could also be claimed to be a violation of the computer fraud and abuse act, but its pretty shaky. If I start running my own private league server and allow for the sale of ranks you can bet riot will shut me down fast.
Exibir mais

notFREEfood

Nível 68 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão