: It's not in Memes & Games. :) If it was a meme post it'd already be deleted by our totally amazing and unbiased moderato-https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/UtLxYFfN-shipping-you-ask-lissxtahm
> [{quoted}](name=kyoyaoaaa,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=iQ9uAsZ3,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-06T23:57:10.212+0000) > > It's not in Memes & Games. :) If it was a meme post it'd already be deleted by our totally amazing and unbiased moderato-https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/UtLxYFfN-shipping-you-ask-lissxtahm I hate that you made me look at that with my own two eyes
jjScotty (NA)
: Can we get some super accentuated male thighs tho
> [{quoted}](name=jjScotty,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=iQ9uAsZ3,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-12-06T21:34:27.764+0000) > > Can we get some super accentuated male thighs tho now THIS.....this is a good post
: > [{quoted}](name=notkai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jJRy6wvr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-06T17:47:18.658+0000) > > Ha, I like these ideas. I think that if Aphelios ever gets a whimsical skin, we'll definitely see more joking interactions between Aphelios and Alune- almost like the ones between Kayn and Rhaast, even though Rhaast can *technically* only be heard by Kayn. dunno bro I hear rhaast pretty clear when he kills me.
> [{quoted}](name=Garen is adopted,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jJRy6wvr,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-06T23:39:59.383+0000) > > dunno bro I hear rhaast pretty clear when he kills me. Fair, fair. I know at least in the Odyssey skin, when Kayn first moves, Rhaast asks if other summoners can hear him. Kayn says no, and Rhaast says, "So you look insane, delightful!"
: Literally so many overly sexualized female champs and still people are unhappy about ONE champs thighs not being optimal for their fap session. What in the fuck. A thigh change wouldn't help these individuals. I would hate to only be capable of finding art appealing by how much it's supposed to 'excite' me. Star Guardian Syndra is an excellent skin, matching colors that aren't gonna make you feel like puking from the hideous disarray (*cough star guardian neeko*) and properly cutesy for the theme of the skinline. The animations are adorable and the sound effects along with it, despite her supposedly being the mysterious and evil one.
> [{quoted}](name=kyoyaoaaa,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=iQ9uAsZ3,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-06T14:44:02.264+0000) > > Literally so many overly sexualized female champs and still people are unhappy about ONE champs thighs not being optimal for their fap session. What in the fuck. A thigh change wouldn't help these individuals. > > I would hate to only be capable of finding art appealing by how much it's supposed to 'excite' me. Star Guardian Syndra is an excellent skin, matching colors that aren't gonna make you feel like puking from the hideous disarray (*cough star guardian neeko*) and properly cutesy for the theme of the skinline. The animations are adorable and the sound effects along with it, despite her supposedly being the mysterious and evil one. I agree that WAY too many female champions are hypersexualized, and it gets to a point of being downright irritating. But I don't think this is the place to take up arms against that. It's a noble fight, but this is just a meme post. Nobody here is going to be talked out of their Syndra thigh fap sesh.
: What disappoints me about Aphelios
Ha, I like these ideas. I think that if Aphelios ever gets a whimsical skin, we'll definitely see more joking interactions between Aphelios and Alune- almost like the ones between Kayn and Rhaast, even though Rhaast can *technically* only be heard by Kayn.
Ephensta (NA)
: Carry In-Game mutes over to post-game chat (or add the option to do so in the client settings)
I agree. Muting is one of my favorite features, and I wish it carried over to the post-game lobby. Hell, I wish I could mute people in the PRE-game lobby sometimes! I definitely support the implementation of a lobby muting feature.
ZVlTOR (EUNE)
: We need Snow day Evelynn skin, because its cold and she neeeds a coat since she is basically naked
: My Favorite Champs And Skins They Should Have
Incidentally, those champs are also my favorites! Kayn has fantastic potential for 'duality' type skins- PROJECT, for example, was suggested by dear mod Academy Kayn, with Rhaast becoming a PROGRAM/virus. Of course, the themes of night and dawn/light and dark work for him as well. So do elemental opposite skins- water and fire, earth and wind. Candy Kayn has been a fan favorite since Kayn's release, but the main concern is that the pun won't translate into non-English languages. But I think we can wear Riot down enough that we'll have it by, like, Snowdown 2022. Jhin has a ton of potential as well, but I think Riot is going to be super careful about their selections for his skins. So far, all of them have been fantastically designed and adhering quite well to Jhin's lore, even with deviations for the High Noon and PROJECT lines. Personally, I like the idea of a Gentleman Jhin (a la Loki in the Avengers, using his intricate staff/cane to whack the shit out of people) in a designer tux with gold accents and a more 'masquerade' style porcelain mask. I've seen various other proposals for a more intensely art-themed Jhin skin, including stuff like Blank Canvas Jhin, Picasso Jhin, Jhantom of the Opera, and so forth. I think there's potential in all of them, but as I said, Riot's likely to be picky about what they do for Jhin- just as the Virtuoso himself would want!
: Kandy Kayn is a pun just waiting to be released. I don't know why they haven't done it yet, beyond the fact that the crossroads of "fun people" that play "cut-my-eyeball" level edge champs just isn't that busy a crossroad.
> [{quoted}](name=Anadanament,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=ZiG7chqB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-03T09:16:35.594+0000) > > Kandy Kayn is a pun just waiting to be released. I don't know why they haven't done it yet, beyond the fact that the crossroads of "fun people" that play "cut-my-eyeball" level edge champs just isn't that busy a crossroad. I've heard some Rioters aren't too fond of the Kandy Kayn idea because the pun won't translate in non-English languages. Plus, designing a Kayn skin takes a lot of time and effort- buuuut, with how many people want Kandy Kayn (this idea has been popular since his release), I think Riot would be well-rewarded for their efforts.
yheat (NA)
: SKINS THAT SHOULD EXIST
I've gotta hop on the Candy Kayn and Academia Kayn bandwagons. I've heard that Riot isn't too into the Candy Kayn idea because the pun wouldn't translate into non-English languages, but I still think it would be super fun, especially considering that Kayn doesn't have a whimsical or "silly" skin yet. I personally would also like Mermaid Nami- however, I would like her top half to be a massive fish, and the bottom half to be human legs. Aaaand lastly I've always liked the idea of Gentlemen Shen, Zed, and Jhin. Just those three in suits or some classy garbage like that. Just because.
: Fashionista Skinline?
I love this idea! There's potential to find inspiration in designers all over the world, which could generate super unique skins- imagine Ahri wearing intricate Guo Pei gowns and Draven in the sharpest of formal menswear. I really like this idea, and I think every single champ could fit in here somehow, some way (with a few being better suited than others, of course).
: Oooohh, make the theme more into a form of "Advanced Weaponry", a Program Kayn could fulfill a similar niche with the RHAAST Virus attempting to override Kayn's PROJECT into PROGRAM Rhaast.
> [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WkgYmjna,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-03T04:51:40.828+0000) > > Oooohh, make the theme more into a form of "Advanced Weaponry", a Program Kayn could fulfill a similar niche with the RHAAST Virus attempting to override Kayn's PROJECT into PROGRAM Rhaast. This idea is music to my ears!
SirHydro (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=notkai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=46ccsnn2,comment-id=000c00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-03T02:46:00.474+0000) > > I fully understand that what other people say has nothing to do with you. However, your words fit into a larger narrative growing on the boards that mods are power-hungry bullies leading the fourth Reich. You literally did accuse them of being the thought police- and I quote, > > THAT'S the kind of BS thinking that my comment was addressing, and it was a larger remark about the way the boards regard mods. I fail to see how my argument contained "irrelevant information" when I addressed two of your main points- pretend authority, and the idea of policing ones' thoughts and feelings. Did you use the actual word Nazi? No. Was your point adjacent to it, and therefore part of the growing narrative I addressed? Yeah. Your argument boils down to this: "Did you mean X? No, but I felt like it does so, you're in the wrong!" I'm not responsible for how you feel, or how you choose to misinterpert or derive information from my points. You can troll me if you want. I don't even mind. I just want you to know I'm not falling for the low quality bait and circular logic. I'm going to sit here and wait for you to put together a sincere and coherent response that doesn't involve the absolute very basic bare minimum effort required to antagonize. You can feel and think however you want. But you're responsible for that. I'm not accountable to you, I'm not your Daddy. Don't put me in buzzword hitpiece to suit your personal narative. And please....have a nice day. Cheer up guy.
> [{quoted}](name=SirHydro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=46ccsnn2,comment-id=000c000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-04T01:04:31.528+0000) > > Your argument boils down to this: > > "Did you mean X? No, but I felt like it does so, you're in the wrong!" > > I'm not responsible for how you feel, or how you choose to misinterpert or derive information from my points. You can troll me if you want. I don't even mind. I just want you to know I'm not falling for the low quality bait and circular logic. I'm going to sit here and wait for you to put together a sincere and coherent response that doesn't involve the absolute very basic bare minimum effort required to antagonize. > > You can feel and think however you want. But you're responsible for that. I'm not accountable to you, I'm not your Daddy. Don't put me in buzzword hitpiece to suit your personal narative. And please....have a nice day. Cheer up guy. Mate, you're getting quite defensive for a discussion about a video game. I apologize if you feel misrepresented by my replies, and as I have already stated, my point addressed something larger than_ just your words_ alone. I never claimed you were responsible for my feelings (which have not been involved here), and if you feel my response isn't up to your personal standards, well...I don't give a shit. Please do keep in mind we're on the boards of a video game. I'm not going to bust out a research paper with MLA citations on why I think your statement is **adjacent **to a mindset of animosity towards mods. So, keep waiting, I suppose.
: How many lag spikes and FPS drops are okay? Bad?
Personally, I think it's more about the severity of the spikes/drops than their frequency. My FPS hops between 40 and 60, generally, several times per game. I don't even notice the difference between 40 and 60, so it doesn't matter how often it happens. However, if my FPS drops to the 20s, then I begin to consider it a problem. Make sure you're thinking about severity as well as frequency!
: What are some nastiest matchups that can make people regret living?
For a bot duo, try {{champion:74}} and {{champion:518}} . Just Neeko's glamour as a second Heim will have your enemies regretting ever installing League.
SirHydro (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=notkai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=46ccsnn2,comment-id=000c000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-01T03:45:56.851+0000) > > Yeah, no. I see a LOT of people claiming the mods are getting some sort of power trip joy out of, y'know, being moderators, and I see a LOT of people likening mods to Nazis, police, whatever. And I think both of those points are bullshit. > > 1. Nobody has given me objective evidence that mods are doing this for fun. As far as I know, they are unpaid volunteers who would rather do something else with their Saturday night than remove yet another post calling teemo mains various slurs. I think mods are making bad calls (as the community perceives them) because some of the Universal Boards rules are vague to begin with and don't have a clear line on what does or does not qualify as a violation. > 2. Literally nobody is attempting to police your thoughts. You can think whatever you want. You can say it, too. That doesn't mean there won't be consequences. A lot of people on here wax poetic about their "freedom of speech", but since Riot Games isn't a government organization, they don't have to adhere to this standard, same as every other social media site. > 3. People who compare LoL board mods to Nazis are....deserving of an Oscar for their dramatic flair. That's putting it nicely, right? > > I agree that mods make bad calls, more now than ever it would seem, and that the community has a right to voice their displeasure and appeal their posts on an individual basis. And I do agree there's growing animosity between mods and nonmods. But I think that going around calling mods playground bullies who just want to exert power over others makes y'all look like petulant children who don't like being held accountable for their actions. What other people say, how they behave, and how they act, has nothing to do with me, or what I said. And I know what I said. I didn't call anyone a Nazi, so you bringing that up has nothing to do with me. I guess arguing a point by bringing up irrlevant information is popular these days? And I stand by what I said. You have nice opinions. Take care.
> [{quoted}](name=SirHydro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=46ccsnn2,comment-id=000c0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-01T23:09:09.180+0000) > > What other people say, how they behave, and how they act, has nothing to do with me, or what I said. And I know what I said. I didn't call anyone a Nazi, so you bringing that up has nothing to do with me. I guess arguing a point by bringing up irrlevant information is popular these days? And I stand by what I said. You have nice opinions. Take care. I fully understand that what other people say has nothing to do with you. However, your words fit into a larger narrative growing on the boards that mods are power-hungry bullies leading the fourth Reich. You literally did accuse them of being the thought police- and I quote, > They think they make pretend level of authority on an onilnd forum gives them the Right to dictate what is acceptable speak and what isn't, even declaring what people are allowed to think and feel. The Thought Police. Can't have opposing thoughts or opinions when you aren't equiupped to handle them right? THAT'S the kind of BS thinking that my comment was addressing, and it was a larger remark about the way the boards regard mods. I fail to see how my argument contained "irrelevant information" when I addressed two of your main points- pretend authority, and the idea of policing ones' thoughts and feelings. Did you use the actual word Nazi? No. Was your point adjacent to it, and therefore part of the growing narrative I addressed? Yeah.
Ulanopo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=notkai,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=w2TdLt9M,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-12-01T19:24:44.999+0000) > > That's interesting to hear. I'm still seeing this rule being cited for various removals- the thread that actually got me thinking about this rule in the first place is [this one ](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/46ccsnn2-so-i-called-riot-discussion-board-mods-out-on-several-of-their-horrific-practices-and-you-know-what). New guidelines for moderation messages were sent out 11/29, partly in response to that thread. > I look forward to seeing the new guidelines. I genuinely hate seeing all the hatred aimed at mods, and all the passive-aggressive bullshit that happens in between. Hopefully clearer rules will fix some of that. [In-process copy](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WdRhMwN5Rm-4xpyArJJ6jIXkaKTh3Onr7opQUH02_2Q/edit?usp=sharing).
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=w2TdLt9M,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-12-01T19:45:14.034+0000) > > New guidelines for moderation messages were sent out 11/29, partly in response to that thread. > > [In-process copy](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WdRhMwN5Rm-4xpyArJJ6jIXkaKTh3Onr7opQUH02_2Q/edit?usp=sharing). Thank you!
Ulanopo (NA)
: That's language we're working to change. It's no longer being used in removal messages - or at least it shouldn't be. >Personally, as I mentioned, I don't think there's such thing as a low-effort post. I disagree. The most obvious part of moderation is removing offensive or inappropriate material, but another part that often gets overlooked by the community is curation. Think of the Boards as a newspaper. People go to specific sections looking for specific things. The thing we hear most often about Gameplay is that people don't want to use it because it's riddled with complaints. It's good that you don't personally have a problem with Gameplay, but we don't feel it's in a good place right now. We know from our experience with G+ that people will post great content, but not if it gets drowned in a sea of "OMG Senna OP, RITO NERF NAO!!!". We're going to be posting the new Gameplay guidelines in the next couple days. With luck, that should provide some clarity. We also have some other plans, but as an all-volunteer group headed into the holiday season, these things take time. Ultimately, we want to change the culture so that Gameplay is about _discussion_ and GD is about _conversation_. Trust me, if we could move these threads, we would.
> That's language we're working to change. It's no longer being used in removal messages - or at least it shouldn't be. That's interesting to hear. I'm still seeing this rule being cited for various removals- the thread that actually got me thinking about this rule in the first place is [this one ](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/46ccsnn2-so-i-called-riot-discussion-board-mods-out-on-several-of-their-horrific-practices-and-you-know-what). OP had two posts removed for low effort content, and while I'm not taking a stance on whether or not those removals were justified, that's the most recent time I've seen it used. Granted, I don't know when OP actually got those removal messages, nor when Riot and co. decided to adjust this sort of language. I look forward to seeing the new guidelines. I genuinely hate seeing all the hatred aimed at mods, and all the passive-aggressive bullshit that happens in between. Hopefully clearer rules will fix some of that.
: I could make a smartass response but i'm not going to.
: > [{quoted}](name=notkai,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=w2TdLt9M,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-01T04:14:01.849+0000) > > For example, if I were to head into the Gameplay board and post, "I think Garen is broken because his Q deals 30 base damage, and he's the reason I'm stuck in bronze", that would be considered low-effort by most standards. It is a single sentence posing a complaint with no constructive criticism about Garen, just dissatisfaction. But that is still opening room for discourse. Here's the problem: no it isn't. Potentially, hypothetically, a priori, it might. But that theory has been dashed against the rocks time and again. Low-effort posts like that just result in more low-effort posts without anything actually interesting being said, often devolving into flaming. > [{quoted}](name=notkai,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=w2TdLt9M,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-01T04:14:01.849+0000) > > From that single sentence, I could open up a conversation about what it means for a champ to be broken, about how to get out of bronze, or about how a single ability does not make a champion "broken". I could agree with the statement, I could disagree with it, or I could qualify it and engage both elements. Those things _could_ happen, but they actually don't. We just get "stay in bronze" and "whoa 30 dmg stop the presses" and "I hate Garen too," none of which add to discourse. > [{quoted}](name=notkai,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=w2TdLt9M,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-01T04:14:01.849+0000) > > My point is: just because something is a complaint or a single sentence without "thought" does not mean it is low-effort, nor does it disqualify itself from being a gateway to discussion and community engagement. The "low effort" label is literally correct (that kind of post is very easy to make), and posts like that have proven a posteriori that they will not become gateways to discussion and community engagement. > [{quoted}](name=notkai,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=w2TdLt9M,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-01T04:14:01.849+0000) > > Personally, as I mentioned, I don't think there's such thing as a low-effort post. Moreover, I don't think low-effort posts cause harm. The great thing about boards posts is that nobody is forced to read any of them. I can scroll for hours if I want and not read a single post if I think it isn't up to my personal 'effort' criteria. So that does away with the explanation that low-effort posts clog up boards- there's no clogging of a river if nobody is forced to swim in it. I just don't see the point in moderating low effort-posts. As I explained, low-effort posts get their name from how easy they are to make, and they have historically proven not to engender good discussion. They're being removed due to the latter aspect, not the former. If posting merely e.g. "wtf is even kalista pls buff now" resulted in good discussion, that would be great. We'd be up to our ears in good discussion. Unfortunately, that's not how it works. We aren't forced to click on bad threads... unless there are a ton of them and we can't easily distinguish them from the good threads and we're looking for a good thread to participate in. A high volume of garbage makes the good content harder to find. This is okay with systems like Stack Overflow, which is best used via Google, but becoming an actual user is a recipe for disaster, and Boards' identity as a discussion board rather than a Q&A platform relies heavily on that "actual user" experience. Take the "Discuss the Boards" section as an example. This thread was created two hours ago, and two additional threads have been posted here since that time. What if those two were 30, and they were all along the lines of "this place b trash" and "i liek boards"? It takes that much more effort to scan through all of those and determine that your thread actually offers worthwhile discussion, if we even see it among the flotsam.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=w2TdLt9M,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-01T06:41:16.715+0000) > > Here's the problem: no it isn't. Potentially, hypothetically, a priori, it might. But that theory has been dashed against the rocks time and again. Low-effort posts like that just result in more low-effort posts without anything actually interesting being said, often devolving into flaming. > > Those things _could_ happen, but they actually don't. We just get "stay in bronze" and "whoa 30 dmg stop the presses" and "I hate Garen too," none of which add to discourse. > > The "low effort" label is literally correct (that kind of post is very easy to make), and posts like that have proven a posteriori that they will not become gateways to discussion and community engagement. > > As I explained, low-effort posts get their name from how easy they are to make, and they have historically proven not to engender good discussion. They're being removed due to the latter aspect, not the former. If posting merely e.g. "wtf is even kalista pls buff now" resulted in good discussion, that would be great. We'd be up to our ears in good discussion. Unfortunately, that's not how it works. > > We aren't forced to click on bad threads... unless there are a ton of them and we can't easily distinguish them from the good threads and we're looking for a good thread to participate in. A high volume of garbage makes the good content harder to find. This is okay with systems like Stack Overflow, which is best used via Google, but becoming an actual user is a recipe for disaster, and Boards' identity as a discussion board rather than a Q&A platform relies heavily on that "actual user" experience. > > Take the "Discuss the Boards" section as an example. This thread was created two hours ago, and two additional threads have been posted here since that time. What if those two were 30, and they were all along the lines of "this place b trash" and "i liek boards"? It takes that much more effort to scan through all of those and determine that your thread actually offers worthwhile discussion, if we even see it among the flotsam. I appreciate your perspective. I agree that in practice, low effort posts usually don't generate the conversation I would hope that they are capable of. I know there are people who do take simple ideas from complaints and run away with them, generating great discussion (I mean, just look at Exil's YouTube channel), and I wish there were more of them. Buuuut I totally hear what you're saying. I wonder, then, if it would be more effective to have a place where people can put their complaints, just to vent. I know the RANT board serves an adjacent purpose, but as far as I know, the UBRs still apply to RANT- including the low-effort rule. I think if people had a place to bitch as loud as they wanted with as little effort as they wanted, there would be less post removal, and therefore a little less animosity between mods and posters (which is my main concern with this). Every step counts for something, y'know? As I mentioned in my original post, I think part of the issue is that there isn't a clear standard for what low effort means (a Herald mentioned this is going to be addressed soon, yay!). Because of that, I believe, I see a looooot of posts accusing moderators of getting a power trip off of removing posts they deem low effort. If changing the low effort rule itself wouldn't do anything, perhaps changing the way in which it's moderated would. But that's all just hypothetical, of course. Still, thank you for your input. This sort of discussion is exactly the thing I was aiming for.
Comentários de Rioters
: > [{quoted}](name=notkai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=46ccsnn2,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-11-29T22:33:43.420+0000) > > Honestly, I'm wondering what the PURPOSE of moderators even are. For example- enforcing the rule about "low effort posts" seems totally useless and arbitrary. Who gives a shit if a post is 'low effort'? Who gets hurt by that? What if I think the justification for removing a post is low effort- should I report that for violating one of the universal board rules? > > Besides that specific example, I just don't get some of the recent mod action. I don't pay super close attention to boards, nor have I been around for super long. But in the past handful of months, I've seen way more seemingly-arbitrary post removals, more conflict between mods and posters, and more people hesitant to post anything remotely negative out of fear of being silenced via mod. > > I wish there were a more clear and productive way for people to communicate with moderators besides just bitching about them, and I wish there were more concrete justifications from mods about how posts break rules (regardless of what we think of the rule. that's a different topic). Is there a system for removed posts to be appealed and re-examined? If so, it might need some revamping, since so many people are disagreeing about post removal standards. If not, well, I think there should be one. Surely there are more solutions than just whining and bitching on boards- from both sides. I think low effort tends to be along the lines of, "Senna is broken and OP with XX.X% winrate and I can't get out of silver because of it" On the surface it just sounds like typical bitching about new changes that happen in the game, which happens all the time and therefore those whining posts happen. It's true that not everyone will like change but not everyone and their grandmother has to exclaim in on a boards post. It gets stale and meaningless to swamp the boards, that may have already posted a similar topic but rather than choosing to partake in an on-going discussion, a player may host their own discussion with their emotionally-linked biased, hence the example I've given. There are ways to communicate with the boards mods, and I'm glad you mentioned that because it may actually not be as transparent as an average user may see it. There IS a discord server players and moderators can subscribe to. On the discord server there are ways to communicate with mods about posts, post removals and re-examination, information redaction, and almost anything you may need to inquire about with a mod. It's not that mods are better than anyone, they're a player of a video a game like anyone else. They are just as passaionate about the game as anyone else on the boards. The only thing they want most is the boards to come together and find out what posts are fine and what posts aren't, they serve for the community. As it stands right now, with posts like these, mods are actively allowing 'Call out' posts because they value what the goers have to say and it's what the community seems to want, afterall, this post hasn't been taken down, yet. So this is as transparent as they've ever been. What really pushes posts to becoming removed is if they really just don't abide by the rules. There are some cases, very rare, and if it really is that big of a deal to change the rules, it will be. But because everyone and would rather make it a trend to 'call out mods' for removing their _allegedly humble posts_ with vulgarity, it diminishes the value of the call outs to begin with and in turn result in posts being removed and mods looking like they 'silence the people'. There are only so many times a boy can cry, "Wolf!" before people stop giving a shit.
> [{quoted}](name=l Ryden l,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=46ccsnn2,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-11-30T01:09:36.134+0000) > > I think low effort tends to be along the lines of, "Senna is broken and OP with XX.X% winrate and I can't get out of silver because of it" > > On the surface it just sounds like typical bitching about new changes that happen in the game, which happens all the time and therefore those whining posts happen. It's true that not everyone will like change but not everyone and their grandmother has to exclaim in on a boards post. It gets stale and meaningless to swamp the boards, that may have already posted a similar topic but rather than choosing to partake in an on-going discussion, a player may host their own discussion with their emotionally-linked biased, hence the example I've given. > > There are ways to communicate with the boards mods, and I'm glad you mentioned that because it may actually not be as transparent as an average user may see it. > > There IS a discord server players and moderators can subscribe to. On the discord server there are ways to communicate with mods about posts, post removals and re-examination, information redaction, and almost anything you may need to inquire about with a mod. > > It's not that mods are better than anyone, they're a player of a video a game like anyone else. They are just as passaionate about the game as anyone else on the boards. The only thing they want most is the boards to come together and find out what posts are fine and what posts aren't, they serve for the community. > > As it stands right now, with posts like these, mods are actively allowing 'Call out' posts because they value what the goers have to say and it's what the community seems to want, afterall, this post hasn't been taken down, yet. So this is as transparent as they've ever been. > > What really pushes posts to becoming removed is if they really just don't abide by the rules. There are some cases, very rare, and if it really is that big of a deal to change the rules, it will be. But because everyone and would rather make it a trend to 'call out mods' for removing their _allegedly humble posts_ with vulgarity, it diminishes the value of the call outs to begin with and in turn result in posts being removed and mods looking like they 'silence the people'. > > There are only so many times a boy can cry, "Wolf!" before people stop giving a shit. I disagree that posts that are whiny and just complain about something don't inherently have room for dialogue. If someone made a post using that exact example you wrote, I would have the room to sweep in and give an explanation of why I personally don't think Senna is broken, a la Exil. I could also give tips for getting out of silver. I could also open a discussion about how win rates are not indicative of a champion's effectiveness or brokenness. I could open those three separate points alone from that one little complaint, and anyone else would be free to join in. I think complaints hold merit as entrances into a larger dialogue, and I wish mods were more receptive of that idea. Buuuut on the other hand, I understand the mods themselves did not write that rule, or any other rule, and are merely tasked with upholding them. I have heard about the discord, but never personally used it, and I wonder how many other board members actually know about it. I've only heard of it BECAUSE of board posts which complain about mods, but never seen it advertised elsewhere (then again, I've not actively gone searching it out either). I think a discord server is a wonderful place to have such appeals processes going on, but I think it should also be extended to the main boards themselves. I'm not sure how that would work, but I think it would mollify those who think the mods are the fourth Reich. I totally agree with your take on mods being LoL players and people just like the rest of us. Because I'm not a mod, I inherently see the point of players who feel pushed around by excessive moderation on the boards. But it truly does make me roll my eyes when I see people lamenting about how they basically can't say anything anymore because a big bad mod will come and schnarf their post up. That's not true, and I think a lot of people know that but don't want to admit it. I appreciate your points and the thought put into that response. And I hope others (including mods lol) read it as well and gain some insight.
SirHydro (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=notkai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=46ccsnn2,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-12-01T01:06:58.386+0000) > > Who's to say that a single sentence can't prompt discussion, though? I get that you're just doing the job you volunteered to do and all, but the high subjectivity of "low effort" posting has always made me a bit confused as to how it even became a rule in the first place. If I make a post about, say, Yasuo, and all I type is: "I think Yasuo's damage should scale with magic resist", that can prompt discussion, like a talk about how I don't know anything about Yasuo. It's just one sentence and it involved minimal effort, but it's still something that can prompt a discussion. They think their make pretend level of authority on an onilne forum gives them the Right to dictate what is acceptable speach and what isn't, even declaring what people are allowed to think and feel. The Thought Police. Can't have opposing thoughts or opinions when you aren't equiupped to handle them right? A single sentence CAN provoke thought and discussion. It just has to be the "right thoughts" and the "right sentence" Because anything said or done that they disagree with is simply wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=SirHydro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=46ccsnn2,comment-id=000c00000000,timestamp=2019-12-01T03:39:33.784+0000) > > They think they make pretend level of authority on an onilnd forum gives them the Right to dictate what is acceptable speak and what isn't, even declaring what people are allowed to think and feel. The Thought Police. Can't have opposing thoughts or opinions when you aren't equiupped to handle them right? Yeah, no. I see a LOT of people claiming the mods are getting some sort of power trip joy out of, y'know, being moderators, and I see a LOT of people likening mods to Nazis, police, whatever. And I think both of those points are bullshit. 1. Nobody has given me objective evidence that mods are doing this for fun. As far as I know, they are unpaid volunteers who would rather do something else with their Saturday night than remove yet another post calling teemo mains various slurs. I think mods are making bad calls (as the community perceives them) because some of the Universal Boards rules are vague to begin with and don't have a clear line on what does or does not qualify as a violation. 2. Literally nobody is attempting to police your thoughts. You can think whatever you want. You can say it, too. That doesn't mean there won't be consequences. A lot of people on here wax poetic about their "freedom of speech", but since Riot Games isn't a government organization, they don't have to adhere to this standard, same as every other social media site. 3. People who compare LoL board mods to Nazis are....deserving of an Oscar for their dramatic flair. That's putting it nicely, right? I agree that mods make bad calls, more now than ever it would seem, and that the community has a right to voice their displeasure and appeal their posts on an individual basis. And I do agree there's growing animosity between mods and nonmods. But I think that going around calling mods playground bullies who just want to exert power over others makes y'all look like petulant children who don't like being held accountable for their actions.
Muzét (EUW)
: Infernal Shen is terrible. (That's my opinion.) I even forgot he even received it. (tbf I forgot all the recent Infernal Skins) Furthermore, having more skins isn't everything. Half of Shen skins are half-baked - with a great design however. Most of his skins lack interesting effects and the VFX are quite lazy (most of them are 975 or less). Whereas every single Yasuo skin has clearly been worked on the VFX are amazing (most of them are 1350 and even his 975 Skins VFX got worked on. And It would have been so much more fitting for Shen to be some DJ however Yasuo. Using his Spirit Sword as a speaker or something while activating it the W effect you would hear the TD song. So yeah Shen deserved it more even tho he got Infernal recently. But as I said before he's far from the only one who could have fit. Heck, even Ornn would have been great as an "Old DJ acting like a father figure for the group but being able to turntable like a god" and as a reminder Ornn didn't receive a single skin since his release. To get back on Shen, you told me that he received Infernal recently? So what? 2 months before Infernal Yasuo got a Battle Boss. And while the span is wider between than Shen I do think that if Shen was to get two skins in a row people would be happier (some would have definitely point out he received Infernal recently but still). I'd take two skins in a row for any champ I listed over another Yasuo skin. Yasuo didn't need TD whatsoever.
> [{quoted}](name=Muzét,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7PuOmJwm,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-11-30T21:07:37.047+0000) > > Infernal Shen is terrible. (That's my opinion.) I even forgot he even received it. (tbf I forgot all the recent Infernal Skins) > > Furthermore, having more skins isn't everything. Half of Shen skins are half-baked - with a great design however. Most of his skins lack interesting effects and the VFX are quite lazy (most of them are 975 or less). Whereas every single Yasuo skin has clearly been worked on the VFX are amazing (most of them are 1350 and even his 975 Skins VFX got worked on. > And It would have been so much more fitting for Shen to be some DJ however Yasuo. Using his Spirit Sword as a speaker or something while activating it the W effect you would hear the TD song. > > So yeah Shen deserved it more even tho he got Infernal recently. But as I said before he's far from the only one who could have fit. Heck, even Ornn would have been great as an "Old DJ acting like a father figure for the group but being able to turntable like a god" and as a reminder Ornn didn't receive a single skin since his release. > > > To get back on Shen, you told me that he received Infernal recently? So what? 2 months before Infernal Yasuo got a Battle Boss. And while the span is wider between than Shen I do think that if Shen was to get two skins in a row people would be happier (some would have definitely point out he received Infernal recently but still). I'd take two skins in a row for any champ I listed over another Yasuo skin. Yasuo didn't need TD whatsoever. Gotta agree. I think Shen is the community's choice for TD DJ, had Yasuo not filled that role. I think it would have been a fun exploration of his personality OUTSIDE of "following my dad's footsteps, maintaining balance and tradition, and having no fun ever", especially with him being fleshed out in canon lore via the Zed comic. I think people would have been way less unhappy with Shen receiving a TD skin even so close to Infernal being released than they are with Yasuo receiving a TD skin after Battle Boss (especially considering that Akali got her TD skin three months after PROJECT, but whatever). To me, Yasuo's whole presence in TD makes no sense. I've elaborated on that elsewhere, but he just has no personality. Hell, even THAT would have been more fitting for Shen than for Yasuo.
: SO idk about some of the comments below the OP, but I do know that there were many other postings that were low effort. Now, in memes and games a single sentence is fine, but in a serious board, posting something with no ability for ppl to discuss it is what caused the removal. So my suggestion is explain your opinion so that it can be better understood.
> [{quoted}](name=Rowanstar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=46ccsnn2,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-11-30T03:58:44.433+0000) > > SO idk about some of the comments below the OP, but I do know that there were many other postings that were low effort. Now, in memes and games a single sentence is fine, but in a serious board, posting something with no ability for ppl to discuss it is what caused the removal. So my suggestion is explain your opinion so that it can be better understood. Who's to say that a single sentence can't prompt discussion, though? I get that you're just doing the job you volunteered to do and all, but the high subjectivity of "low effort" posting has always made me a bit confused as to how it even became a rule in the first place. If I make a post about, say, Yasuo, and all I type is: "I think Yasuo's damage should scale with magic resist", that can prompt discussion, like a talk about how I don't know anything about Yasuo. It's just one sentence and it involved minimal effort, but it's still something that can prompt a discussion.
Comentários de Rioters
: > [{quoted}](name=Jigglypuff,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3mEy3Uzv,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-29T18:11:30.915+0000) > > Yeah, that things pretty much useless to me and I'm tired of seeing that thing at the bottom of my screen Jesus needs to move in your life severely. God forgive you!
> [{quoted}](name=Düff McWhalen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3mEy3Uzv,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-29T18:50:26.156+0000) > > Jesus needs to move in your life severely. God forgive you! Careful with this, mods might remove it for even mentioning a religion ;)
: Does no one know what synthesize mean? > "The combination of ideas to form a theory or system." For the consideration of who needs a new skin, Yasuo probably rated low on the scale. For other factors, Yasuo likely would've rated higher, along with the other champions. You'll see a similar issue with Dunkmaster Ivern, someone who needed a skin, but maybe didn't fit the theme all the way, though I think his personality works for it (his kit doesn't.) They're not a checklist to mark all of them off with, they're just considerations. As much as people say Shen could've fit, in my personal opinion, I don't really see Shen as a hip-hop kinda guy. Hell, his entire thing is about *sticking* to Tradition, which I know skins aren't supposed to stick to champions complete roots, that's just my personal reasoning. Both of them are pretty stoic, and I'm pretty sure Shen is Zed's age, but dang he feels like a Dad.
> [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7PuOmJwm,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-11-29T19:06:44.898+0000) > > Does no one know what synthesize mean? > > For the consideration of who needs a new skin, Yasuo probably rated low on the scale. For other factors, Yasuo likely would've rated higher, along with the other champions. You'll see a similar issue with Dunkmaster Ivern, someone who needed a skin, but maybe didn't fit the theme all the way, though I think his personality works for it (his kit doesn't.) They're not a checklist to mark all of them off with, they're just considerations. > > As much as people say Shen could've fit, in my personal opinion, I don't really see Shen as a hip-hop kinda guy. Hell, his entire thing is about *sticking* to Tradition, which I know skins aren't supposed to stick to champions complete roots, that's just my personal reasoning. Both of them are pretty stoic, and I'm pretty sure Shen is Zed's age, but dang he feels like a Dad. New skin idea: Dad Shen
MoePhat (NA)
: So I called Riot discussion board mods out on several of their horrific practices, and you know what
Honestly, I'm wondering what the PURPOSE of moderators even are. For example- enforcing the rule about "low effort posts" seems totally useless and arbitrary. Who gives a shit if a post is 'low effort'? Who gets hurt by that? What if I think the justification for removing a post is low effort- should I report that for violating one of the universal board rules? Besides that specific example, I just don't get some of the recent mod action. I don't pay super close attention to boards, nor have I been around for super long. But in the past handful of months, I've seen way more seemingly-arbitrary post removals, more conflict between mods and posters, and more people hesitant to post anything remotely negative out of fear of being silenced via mod. I wish there were a more clear and productive way for people to communicate with moderators besides just bitching about them, and I wish there were more concrete justifications from mods about how posts break rules (regardless of what we think of the rule. that's a different topic). Is there a system for removed posts to be appealed and re-examined? If so, it might need some revamping, since so many people are disagreeing about post removal standards. If not, well, I think there should be one. Surely there are more solutions than just whining and bitching on boards- from both sides.
: It's far less important than you think. When you need help, you ask them politely and if they refuse, go and take a buff. Nothing makes them move faster than taking buffs or camps.
> [{quoted}](name=The JigSAW,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=aOkuBowA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-29T03:02:02.085+0000) > > It's far less important than you think. When you need help, you ask them politely and if they refuse, go and take a buff. Nothing makes them move faster than taking buffs or camps. Ha, good strategy. I'll employ that next time.
: How the fuck is pick order in champ select figured and why am I always first pick?
Ask someone on your team to swap champs. For example, you're assigned top lane, first pick. The fourth guy down on your team has been assigned support. Ask them what support they want, and tell them which top laner(s) you are considering. If the stars align, you can swap after the enemy team has locked their laner in and you have a chance to counterpick. This won't work often, but it's worth trying.
Jessicus (NA)
: Okay Riot, definitely a cool concept! But..... this is waaayyyyy too much. It's not fair to the people who are going to want to play him to learn about and keep track of all the crap he does. But it's even more unfair to the people who aren't going to want to learn him (bc he has like 100 abilities and is too complicated, or bc they don't like his playstyle, etc). I thought you guys learned your lesson with overloading kits?? This champ would be p cool with 2, maybe 3 different weapons... but five???? WTF.
> [{quoted}](name=Jessicus,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=1Xd7mZOU,comment-id=00bd,timestamp=2019-11-25T20:15:41.785+0000) > > Okay Riot, definitely a cool concept! But..... this is waaayyyyy too much. > > It's not fair to the people who are going to want to play him to learn about and keep track of all the crap he does. But it's even more unfair to the people who aren't going to want to learn him (bc he has like 100 abilities and is too complicated, or bc they don't like his playstyle, etc). > > I thought you guys learned your lesson with overloading kits?? This champ would be p cool with 2, maybe 3 different weapons... but five???? WTF. I agree. I think three weapons would have been perfect. Maybe he could have a Viktor-esque quality where he can buy champ-specific items (those last two weapons) upon reaching certain criteria, or he could have had the ability to choose three of five weapons to take with him each time he recalls/dies. I think having five all the time is way too much. I suspect that one of these weapons will be entirely removed before the end of the season.
: Aphelios Kit Primer
This champ looks absolutely bananas, and I can't wait to play him (even though I do smell nerfs down the line. His kit seems massively overloaded right now).
Neamean (NA)
: If we could have historical figure as a skinline, who would you want?
86400 (NA)
: Jungle should never be something a non jungler can be placed in.
Tbh, I think that jungling should be a skill everyone reaches at *least* mediocre performance with, because it's an important role AND there is always the threat of getting autofilled. You're right that with a lane position you're unfamiliar with, there's always the option to hug turret and ask the jungler for help. The stakes aren't as high. But there's no turret and nobody to help with jungling, so you have to be at least SORT of familiar with it. Frankly, I find it to be irritating when I go to draft and someone gets autofilled, then says "I'VE NEVER PLAYED JUNGLE". How??? It's literally one of only five options, and it's one of the most important roles. My final opinion: just get a grasp on how Master Yi works in the jg and you'll be fine.
Comentários de Rioters
: Does Kayn have any family?
Kayn is a Noxian orphan, so we can immediately eliminate parents. His lore has no mention of siblings or extended family, and even if he did, I imagine it would be hard for him to find them. So I'm gonna say no, no biological family for Kayn. At least not that we know of.
: > [{quoted}](name=notkai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tIOGJNwb,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-11-19T00:47:24.244+0000) > > Teemo has a 'devil' themed skin. TFT recently had a class (origin?) of champions called Demons. Plenty of champs have Christmas/Santa themed skins, drawing elements from a religious holiday. Halloween and Harrowing skins draw from a Pagan holiday. Malzahar wears a turban-esque head covering, reminiscent of Islamic traditional headwear. Are these stretches? Some of them, maybe. Is taking down a meme because it was _sort of_ religious a stretch too? I think so. No, quite literally all of those are stretches. Lucifer is an Angel who fell and stereotypical devils are a far cry from religious symbolism. Santa has basically nothing to do with the birthday of Jesus. Its commercial symbolism based on a caricature of Saint Nick, I'm non religious and give/recieve Xmas gifts because the holiday at this point is more commercial than religious, how many people do you know who actually go to church December 25th? Also are you worshiping nature spirits on Halloween? Because I'm pretty sure sexy witch costumes have nothing to do with them. And assuming head wrappings = Islam is a whole can of worms. You can criticize the mods but you just continue to keep making an ass of yourself.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tIOGJNwb,comment-id=00140000,timestamp=2019-11-19T02:17:31.304+0000) > > No, quite literally all of those are stretches. Lucifer is an Angel who fell and stereotypical devils are a far cry from religious symbolism. Santa has basically nothing to do with the birthday of Jesus. Its commercial symbolism based on a caricature of Saint Nick, I'm non religious and give/recieve Xmas gifts because the holiday at this point is more commercial than religious, how many people do you know who actually go to church December 25th? Also are you worshiping nature spirits on Halloween? Because I'm pretty sure sexy witch costumes have nothing to do with them. And assuming head wrappings = Islam is a whole can of worms. > > You can criticize the mods but you just continue to keep making an ass of yourself. Woah, buddy, no need to get so defensive. Remember, we're chatting about a video game. I know a ton of people who go to church on the 25th. And while your personal experience may be that Christmas is more commercial than religious, mine is not. And it doesn't change the fact that the ORIGINS of Christmas are religious- as are the origins of Halloween. Also, who said anything about sexy witch costumes? I sure didn't. And while Bewitching Morgana is certainly a snack, I really don't think Count Kledula is too...but that's just my opinion. I'm just making some points here. Nobody is bullying you into agreeing with me, so you reaaaally don't need to get so worked up. And Malzahar? Quite a few elements core to his very being has ties to Islam- the turban was just my example. The name Malzahar is derived from Að-ðahir, an Arabic name with ties to Islam. His whole prophet concept is very djinn-like (not even counting his literal djinn skin, ALSO a religious thing), and that's also tied to Islamic lore. And while I would be delighted to spend my evening waxing poetic about Malzahar's Super Clearly Arabic/Islamic Imagery, I've got other shit to do. Sorry!
: What the hell is up with Mods lately?
This is....kind of hilarious. I have no stakes in this issue whatsoever, so I won't go around tossing around shit like "I'm a first gen black immigrant practicing Christianity AND Catholicism" but I find the "religion bad must ban meme" attitude to be hilarious at best and embarrassing at worst when you look at the game and see various religious elements in the game. Teemo has a 'devil' themed skin. TFT recently had a class (origin?) of champions called Demons. Plenty of champs have Christmas/Santa themed skins, drawing elements from a religious holiday. Halloween and Harrowing skins draw from a Pagan holiday. Malzahar wears a turban-esque head covering, reminiscent of Islamic traditional headwear. Are these stretches? Some of them, maybe. Is taking down a meme because it was _sort of_ religious a stretch too? I think so. I just find it hypocritical. I don't really care about the alleged power trips that Mods are or are not going on, and I'm not interested in getting involved in such an argument. But I think it's bizarre to say "no religion in our secular game" while having Little Devil Teemo and Santa Braum duking it out in bot lane.
: Something in the new Zed comic
I do think that Kayn's interactions with Rhaast and Zed's reaction to the whole thing will make an appearance SOMEWHERE, although I'm not sure where, nor how much "screentime" they'll get. I'm also interested in seeing Shen and Kayn potentially interacting. In game, Kayn seems respectful, if not a bit regretful, when he interacts with Shen. It'll be interesting to see how that translates in comic form.
: > [{quoted}](name=AdamrCc,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0PEmNrO6,comment-id=00120000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-11T21:54:05.645+0000) > > Have you got any artists other than Eminem and Jay Z to recommend, who don't make mainstream commercial Rap? I mentioned a few in my list. But if you want my playlist, I will break it down in sub genres. If you want more conscious rap ( yes, thats a thing ). You have legends like 1. * * Lupe fiasco 2. * * Black Thought 3. * * J Cole 4. * * Kendrick 5. * * Nas ( people always forget him ) 6. * * Joe budden 7. * * NF 8. * * king los (Subjective) 9. ** Apathy 10. ** Common these are the people who speak on things about the world around them, and try to open up thoughts and discussion. You find alot less multi-syllable rhyme schemes, but more food for thought https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj4ROE4sbxM IF you want spitters. Just straight bars, complex rhyme schemes, and crazy word play 1. * * King los ( I personally put him on first list, but he fits both, but mostly here ) 2. * * MF doom 3. * * Joell ortiz 4. * * Royce Da 5'9 5. * * Logic 6. * * Vi seconds ( he even has a league of legends rap ) 7. * * Papoose 8. * * Crooked I 9. * * Fabulous ( underrated ) these are the guys, who are mostly known for there insane word play ( think of Eminem, yes he falls into this category). They won't always give you a story, or a deep thought, or perpesctive about live. But they will always come with double / triple entendree If you want to hear song writers. 1. * * Ludacris 2. * * crypt 3. * * Drake 4. * * Mac Miller ( Rip ) 5. * * Big sean These are the people who are mostly known for there musical creation. They can write great songs, that just appeal to people. While they have the ability to spit bars, and speak consciously on alot of stuff. there true talent is just creating good music to listen too. Edit: I forgot apathy. Be warned though, he is a hard one to get into, he raps about alot more darker subject matter than most would. Edit 2: Also forgot common
> [{quoted}](name=TheDangerousTaco,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0PEmNrO6,comment-id=001200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-11T22:15:07.222+0000) > > I mentioned a few in my list. But if you want my playlist, I will break it down in sub genres. > > If you want more conscious rap ( yes, thats a thing ). > You have legends like > 1. * * Lupe fiasco > 2. * * Black Thought > 3. * * J Cole > 4. * * Kendrick > 5. * * Nas ( people always forget him ) > 6. * * Joe budden > 7. * * NF > 8. * * king los (Subjective) > 9. ** Apathy > 10. ** Common > these are the people who speak on things about the world around them, and try to open up thoughts and discussion. You find alot less multi-syllable rhyme schemes, but more food for thought https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj4ROE4sbxM > > IF you want spitters. Just straight bars, complex rhyme schemes, and crazy word play > 1. * * King los ( I personally put him on first list, but he fits both, but mostly here ) > 2. * * MF doom > 3. * * Joell ortiz > 4. * * Royce Da 5'9 > 5. * * Logic > 6. * * Vi seconds ( he even has a league of legends rap ) > 7. * * Papoose > 8. * * Crooked I > 9. * * Fabulous ( underrated ) > these are the guys, who are mostly known for there insane word play ( think of Eminem, yes he falls into this category). They won't always give you a story, or a deep thought, or perpesctive about live. But they will always come with double / triple entendree > > If you want to hear song writers. > 1. * * Ludacris > 2. * * crypt > 3. * * Drake > 4. * * Mac Miller ( Rip ) > 5. * * Big sean > These are the people who are mostly known for there musical creation. They can write great songs, that just appeal to people. While they have the ability to spit bars, and speak consciously on alot of stuff. there true talent is just creating good music to listen too. > > Edit: I forgot apathy. Be warned though, he is a hard one to get into, he raps about alot more darker subject matter than most would. > > Edit 2: Also forgot common Double thanks for the list, I've been looking for new music! In return, for those also sniffing out new rap artists, I recommend clipping. and the solo work of the rapper Daveed Diggs. Lots of horror themed lyrics and harsh noise elements.
: (Unpopular Opinion) Giants song, has no direction.
I have to agree. I love the concept of True Damage and the art. I've watched the video a few times because I just love the visuals. But the song itself gets lost- especially among other League songs, including Pop/Stars. The weird genre mash-ups and generally underwhelming lyrics and vocals leave me feeling more and more like True Damage was a rushed money-grab. I feel this way for a lot of reasons, and if it weren't for everything else (IG promos out the wazoo, Yas/Akali skin duo each within months of their last skins, the band concept so soon after K/DA, timing with Worlds), I would just consider it a less-than-spectacular song. But paired with the factors I just listen, True Damage's sort-of-this, kind-of-that genre flips feel forced and weak as opposed to well-integrated. It all just feels rushed. Like Riot recognized the opportunity in True Damage and shoved it out after the first few drafts. It's polished in a cosmetic sense- like I said, I love the art- but just about everything else feels forced, premature, and greedy.
: To clarify, I wasn't saying he was there to balance out the group in terms of energy. I'm just saying that both of the rap parts were given to Ekko, but the second rapper, the one at the end of the song, was still given a choice for a champion. Because his voice part was for the Ekko character, whatever character he chose wouldn't have any verses for the song, and so having a DJ character would fit perfectly with someone with no lines. Yeah, it could've been anyone, but he chose Yasuo. And even if Yasuo doesn't have any voice lines, I don't think not having lines doesn't mean he doesn't have any presence or influence in the video. I really liked the Ekko visuals with the fan that transitioned into the final rap verse, but that's just my personal opinion. Also, in term of the Akali-Yasuo prior skin thing, the Artists chose the champions. Not a lot Riot can do there.
> [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wE8oHXFB,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-11-11T16:37:02.144+0000) > > To clarify, I wasn't saying he was there to balance out the group in terms of energy. I'm just saying that both of the rap parts were given to Ekko, but the second rapper, the one at the end of the song, was still given a choice for a champion. Because his voice part was for the Ekko character, whatever character he chose wouldn't have any verses for the song, and so having a DJ character would fit perfectly with someone with no lines. > > Yeah, it could've been anyone, but he chose Yasuo. And even if Yasuo doesn't have any voice lines, I don't think not having lines doesn't mean he doesn't have any presence or influence in the video. I really liked the Ekko visuals with the fan that transitioned into the final rap verse, but that's just my personal opinion. > > Also, in term of the Akali-Yasuo prior skin thing, the Artists chose the champions. Not a lot Riot can do there. I appreciate the clarification, and I did also enjoy the visuals that Yasuo got in the video. Like I said, it's a lovely skin. It just feels lacking in certain aspects. And while not every skin has to be some huge, interactive show of a skin, so to speak, True Damage is getting a LOT of hype via Instagram posts and other League-related media. My expectations were set pretty high for these skins outside of just their cosmetic appeal. But that's just my opinion. And while I understand that the artists were given the option to select their champions, it still feels...borderline stale? I can't find the right words for it, but the past year has been just a constant stream of Akali Akali Akali oh here's Yasuo too Akali Akali Akali. And I like it for the most part. I'm an Akali main, so I was geeking out over it at first. But the timing of True Damage feels a bit inappropriate when, as I mentioned, a whole lot of champs are pushing three years since a skin or really anything- updated lore, visuals, etc. I can practically feel Yordle fans sobbing as they claw through the Akali content for something about Bandle City. I think I would have appreciated True Damage a whole lot more if the K/DA hype wasn't still so intense and fresh. Perhaps as a 2020 fixture, people would be less exasperated at another Akali/Yasuo skin, regardless of why those champs were selected. But, again, that's all just my opinion, along with influence from what other folks have said about the matter. I appreciate your input though!
Comentários de Rioters
: What's the actual excuse of TD Yasuo?
I love the design for Yasuo, and I don't even play him. It's a gorgeous skin, and I like the character they're giving him through True Damage-related posts in League's instagram. But I have to concur that him having a more active role would have been a little more engaging. Him having no lines at all and minimal appearances during the MV make him seem like an afterthought. Like they storyboarded the MV and then went, "oh, shit, Yasuo is meant to be in here!" And I agree with others that IF having a "stoic silent DJ" (to quote mod Academy Kayn) was necessary to balance out Ekko and the other high-energy champs, a different champ would have been more appropriate. Yasuo's last skin was Battle Boss, and that's practically still new. I would have better appreciated Shen, Zed, Sylas, Xin Zhao, Talon, fuck even JHIN could have worked in that role. As much as I love the art, the concept, the music, etc., True Damage felt like a money grab to begin with, evidenced by both Yasuo and Akali getting a new skin within months of their last ones, meanwhile a good lot of champs are pressing three years since their latest skin. I would be less pressed about this if they gave him, idk, a personality? Lines? Anything? His character is pretty minimal and most of it is coming through Instagram right now. It all really just seems like a money grab from Yas players.
: just got the 3000 orange essence
I would go through that list and remove anything that can be purchased from the store. Then, sort based on the value of the skin- balancing the essence/RP cost and how much you like the skin. Then, decide which skin will get the most use- which of those champs do you play the most? That's how I would go about making that decision!
: SENNA!! ideas
I would love a 'lover's leap'-esque recall for Senna and Lucian! I also think it would be fun to see them in joint skins, similar to Xayah and Rakan. Since Lucian and Senna both use guns as their weapons, Mafia/sniper themed skins might work well for them.
: Underrated Skins, Part 1: Silverfang Akali
I love Silverfang Akali- it's my favorite, behind Infernal Akali. And I love the idea of a yakuza-esque skin line. I can imagine {{champion:55}} and maybe even {{champion:141}} having a place in there too.
: Which Region Are You Ready to See Develop Further?
I'm quite partial to Bilgewater. It is the origin of some of my favorite champs, and I love the art/design of it. The architecture is especially fantastic. Bilgewater definitely doesn't need the attention that other regions do right now, especially since the Bilgewater event and Butcher's Bridge ARAM weren't _too _terribly long ago, but I would always appreciate more Bilgewater content!
RitoWhy (NA)
: Broken client...wtf is wrong with these decisions?
The new client is lovely but I've been having soooo many issues, in game and out of game, that I'm going to drop League for a while. Sucks because I genuinely like this game and I love to participate in events like Worlds, but it's becoming insufferable- especially when I have plenty of other games that run just fine on my device.
Exibir mais

notkai

Nível 149 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão