: > [{quoted}](name=o GangPlank o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B9Jvs4ad,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-31T06:10:30.253+0000) > > well your just a better person than me i guess , but im not like you , sorry ... but when i suffer due to someone elses choices i start to lose myself a little bit I'm not a better person than you. I'm just better at dealing with toxic players. If you have limited control with how you react to others in a bad situation, then the only solution you have is to remove yourself from that situation before you have a melt down in chat. Step away from the game, play something else or do something else. Stop yourself from playing before you lose it.
> [{quoted}](name=YerroFever,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B9Jvs4ad,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-31T06:15:18.947+0000) > > I'm not a better person than you. I'm just better at dealing with toxic players. > > If you have limited control with how you react to others in a bad situation, then the only solution you have is to remove yourself from that situation before you have a melt down in chat. Step away from the game, play something else or do something else. Stop yourself from playing before you lose it. i cant , im an addict
: > [{quoted}](name=o GangPlank o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B9Jvs4ad,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-31T06:04:51.134+0000) > > no such thing as newtons third law ... okaaaaaaay , and i disagree , i feel as if i completely deserve the ban , and in no shape or from do i want riot to "take the blame for my rage" , is that honestly what your getting out of this? > > look , buddy , the point isnt for riot to take time and hold my hand , give me a cup of hot coco and a pat on the back , to say "get back in there champ" > > you can not tell me , that toxicity just stems from nowhere ... i mean yes , at the end of the day , its my decision on what words i choose to use ... but let me ask you this ... why did i choose to use them? ( and i can assure you the answer isnt simply because "im an asshole" ) The answer isn't that you're an asshole, the answer is that you don't know how to constructively handle confrontation. There are good ways to handle someone flaming you and there are bad ways of handling someone flaming you. Just because someone flames you, doesn't mean you have to flame them back. Flaming them back is the bad way of handling the confrontation. Many people don't flame people back, which is why I say it isn't a law. If it was a law, then everyone would flame back for getting flamed. EDIT: the only times the answer is being an asshole is if you learn how to handle confrontation better but then you actively choose to go down the bad path and flame back. Not just a knee jerk reaction because you were pushed over the edge. I mean you were calm and collected and you decided to be cruel and mean and spiteful while still being fully in control... or you actively choose not to try and learn how to constructively deal with confrontation. Again this is why you have to work on yourself. You have to learn how to better control your emotions and constructively deal with confrontation.
> [{quoted}](name=YerroFever,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B9Jvs4ad,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-31T06:07:58.594+0000) > > The answer isn't that you're an asshole, the answer is that you don't know how to constructively handle confrontation. > > There are good ways to handle someone flaming you and there are bad ways of handling someone flaming you. > > Just because someone flames you, doesn't mean you have to flame them back. Flaming them back is the bad way of handling the confrontation. Many people don't flame people back, which is why I say it isn't a law. If it was a law, then everyone would flame back for getting flamed. well your just a better person than me i guess , but im not like you , sorry ... but when i suffer due to someone elses choices i start to lose myself a little bit
: > [{quoted}](name=o GangPlank o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B9Jvs4ad,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-03-31T05:06:45.061+0000) > > uh no , i already am > > i mean i can take responsibility for my actions , of course , any human being can and should , and while i appreciate the reply i feel as if you failed to realize the point of that segment , i was banned because i said something extremely nasty that shouldnt even be in the game , not towards a player mind you , but thats beyond the point > > the point of that segment is to draw attention to the Newtons Third law of league of legends , every action has an equal and opposite reaction , in addition both by my point and your logic , entail that players create toxicity ... you dont have to be toxic to generate toxicity , theres a million different things that can make toxicity spontaneously occur , i dont want riot to counsel me 1 on 1 to make me a better person , i just want them to do something so that i feel as if the unimaginable amount of hours i put into this game dont feel wasted on just a single night of ranked matches , which happens far more often than it should , whether or not i contribute to those Actually, no, there isn't such a law. It's why Riot punishes people flame and also the people who flame back. You're just trying to make an excuse as to why you can't control yourself. You are asking what is Riot doing to prevent you from raging... but really you are asking "Riot, please take the blame for my rage." Riot is trying to get rid of toxic chat and gameplay and also working on balance. They give you the tools to mitigate the extent you are exposed to toxic chat and toxic pings. They detect scripts and hacks and ban for them. They look out for account sharing and boosting and ban them. You say you are taking responsibility for your actions but you complain that Riot should prevent you from raging. These conflict with each other. Your poll: > in your opinion , is riot doing enough to help you not be toxic , aside from the threat of bans? You're asking if RIOT is doing enough to help you not be toxic? IE You don't want to take responsibility for how you react to situations. > its hard to just let it go This is where you have to work on yourself. >what may i ask you , is being done to combat these overflow of matches , and I know we've all had them , that just infuriate you , but then you get another , and then another , and then another , all in the same night The match making system tries to make you go 50/50. in the long run so maybe you're either in a bracket where your MMR is lower than that bracket and you're facing players better than you and you're just going down to the bracket that matches your MMR or you're too tilted and you have to take a break from the game or you've got bad luck with matchmaking that game. Rather than look at how you can adapt to the situation, you're asking Riot to change the situations you are in to be less rage inducing to you. If you look at the statistics on punishments, you are in the minority, which means the majority understands that they have to adapt to the situation. If you want a 5 man team that always works together, Riot has already given you that ability. Play ranked flex with 5 people and practice playing with them and focus your rank in the flex queue. If you want to get your solo rank up, then understand and accept the fact that you are going to be paired with randoms and adapt.
> [{quoted}](name=YerroFever,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B9Jvs4ad,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-03-31T05:46:18.426+0000) > > Actually, no, there isn't such a law. It's why Riot punishes people flame and also the people who flame back. You're just trying to make an excuse as to why you can't control yourself. > > You are asking what is Riot doing to prevent you from raging... but really you are asking "Riot, please take the blame for my rage." > > Riot is trying to get rid of toxic chat and gameplay and also working on balance. They give you the tools to mitigate the extent you are exposed to toxic chat and toxic pings. They detect scripts and hacks and ban for them. They look out for account sharing and boosting and ban them. > > You say you are taking responsibility for your actions but you complain that Riot should prevent you from raging. These conflict with each other. > > Your poll: > > You're asking if RIOT is doing enough to help you not be toxic? IE You don't want to take responsibility for how you react to situations. > > This is where you have to work on yourself. > > The match making system tries to make you go 50/50. in the long run so maybe you're either in a bracket where your MMR is lower than that bracket and you're facing players better than you and you're just going down to the bracket that matches your MMR or you're too tilted and you have to take a break from the game or you've got bad luck with matchmaking that game. > > Rather than look at how you can adapt to the situation, you're asking Riot to change the situations you are in to be less rage inducing to you. > > If you look at the statistics on punishments, you are in the minority, which means the majority understands that they have to adapt to the situation. If you want a 5 man team that always works together, Riot has already given you that ability. Play ranked flex with 5 people and practice playing with them and focus your rank in the flex queue. > > If you want to get your solo rank up, then understand and accept the fact that you are going to be paired with randoms and adapt. no such thing as newtons third law ... okaaaaaaay , and i disagree , i feel as if i completely deserve the ban , and in no shape or from do i want riot to "take the blame for my rage" , is that honestly what your getting out of this? look , buddy , the point isnt for riot to take time and hold my hand , give me a cup of hot coco and a pat on the back , to say "get back in there champ" you can not tell me , that toxicity just stems from nowhere ... i mean yes , at the end of the day , its my decision on what words i choose to use ... but let me ask you this ... why did i choose to use them? ( and i can assure you the answer isnt simply because "im an asshole" )
: > [{quoted}](name=o GangPlank o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Eilv1da9,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-03-31T05:19:40.329+0000) > > i really hope we are talking about ranked here , who honestly cares if someone feeds in a match that doesnt matter? > > its irritating yes , but it doesnt reflect on your account liked the competitive ranked mode does What is this notion people have that normal games "don't matter"? If they don't matter then I'm sure you won't mind if we remove the surrender timer and require only one vote instead of four, since you know, "the game doesn't matter". And I'm sure you won't mind if I run down the mid lane every game and see how many deaths I can rack up, since you know, "the game doesn't matter". It's a game. You are supposed to try to win, regardless of what ranking or type of game it is. If you are not trying to win then play a single player game, then you can tell yourself "it doesn't matter" all you want and I won't care I promise.
> [{quoted}](name=HelpOrIFeed,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Eilv1da9,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-03-31T05:29:17.971+0000) > > What is this notion people have that normal games "don't matter"? If they don't matter then I'm sure you won't mind if we remove the surrender timer and require only one vote instead of four, since you know, "the game doesn't matter". And I'm sure you won't mind if I run down the mid lane every game and see how many deaths I can rack up, since you know, "the game doesn't matter". > > It's a game. You are supposed to try to win, regardless of what ranking or type of game it is. If you are not trying to win then play a single player game, then you can tell yourself "it doesn't matter" all you want and I won't care I promise. woah , sorry man , i didnt mean it literally , they do 110% matter , you should try your heart out everygame , but i can forgive someone for playing a champ for the first time , or trying out a new build , or an offmeta pick ... when the match doesnt reflect on me permanently like a ranked match does
: Need new forms of punishment
i really hope we are talking about ranked here , who honestly cares if someone feeds in a match that doesnt matter? its irritating yes , but it doesnt reflect on your account liked the competitive ranked mode does
: The punishment for feeding or playing poorly too many times is losing more games. The punishment for intentional feeding is a 14-day ban for the first offense, perma after that.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Eilv1da9,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-03-31T04:49:16.803+0000) > > The punishment for feeding or playing poorly too many times is losing more games. > > The punishment for intentional feeding is a 14-day ban for the first offense, perma after that. and what happens after you lose a game , either you log off , or you keep playing so the players who play weak picks and build poorly keep going into game after game in these nights losing games for their team , sometimes singlehandedly , sometimes the team was just worse than the other my idea was bring back an unskilled player report , and if say 3 or more people report them for a lack of skill they get an ingame time 1 hour ranked cooldown , so they have to spend an entire hour playing league of legends , hopefully raising their personal skill level , in order to come back to the ranked mode because lets be real here , no one cares about normals , and aram is literally the goof around waste time mode , but the one mode that at least some players care about their performance is the ranked mode , and players losing because of another players lack of skill or game knowledge is the easiest way to generate toxicity in the league of legends
: Slurs create a hostile environment no matter how you use them. If not everyone is on the same page as you then you can't go around saying that kind of stuff.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B9Jvs4ad,comment-id=00020000000100000000,timestamp=2018-03-30T23:26:17.952+0000) > > Slurs create a hostile environment no matter how you use them. If not everyone is on the same page as you then you can't go around saying that kind of stuff. my assumption is that i wasnt reported for the slurs themselves , and no one in the match took offense to it , as it was a joke for both teams to laugh at ... of course if thats your type of humor , which again i was immature for using them even in a joking manner however i was reported for flaming my teammates and the system picked up the slurs and gave me the skipped 14 day ban
: > [{quoted}](name=o GangPlank o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B9Jvs4ad,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-03-29T07:20:34.309+0000) > > now first things first , lets get it out of the way , i was banned ... wow no way , toxic you deserved it , oh hell yeah i deserved it , i was being an ass > > but id like a few of my questions to be answered and then i can rest peacefully > > #1 was it just this game/match? > > was i overly toxic in this game , or was it multiple games , id assume multiple games but why was this the breaking point ... was it the certain no-no word i used , and does the context in which its used at all come into play , was it the percentage of my team reporting me , what exactly lead to this , because i often duo , and my partner , while not toxic , has his own thoughts and opinions , which he tends to support giving me his view on the current events > This is something only you can answer. Did you have chat restrictions and then a temp ban and then a permaban? If so, that means you were toxic in multiple games and not just one. Outside of cheating/scripting/botting/purchasing accounts/sharing accounts, people don't really get permabanned with just one game in their whole history of punishments. There usually is a history of multiple games that got punished in the past. > #2 is toxic and bossy the same thing? > > well is it? the question is pretty straight forward , if your doing bad , i dont have to be toxic towards you , but i certainly wont be nice , so avoiding any overly harsh language or profanity , could i still say the same things , but "nicer" , i say some rough things in the game , either to get a laugh or to get a point across , which of course usually gets me nowhere and frustrates my team mate(s) , but what if im right , what happens then ... what happens when all the harsh but true leadership falls on deaf ears , and it only aggravates my team > Toxic and bossy aren't the same thing. You can be bossy but not toxic and you can be bossy and toxic. It's really a matter of how you phrase things. You can be very polite and say something like "we need wards on baron and dragon and behind the pits so we know if they're going to try and steal" vs "you fucking noob dumb asses don't know we need wards on objectives and where people hide to steal?!? Uninstall shit for brains bronzies." Both messages are for the purpose of instructing people to have proper vision on the map, one is toxic while the other isn't. > #3 how do dou's come into play? > > i duo , you duo , he , she , we dou ... now if im reporting someone , my dou will often report them as well , of course for good reason , but is a dou reporting someone worth the same amount of reportage , does mmr come into play , skill level , time played , money spent ... that will come into play in the next question > Reporting triggers a review. 1 report or 9 reports, doesn't matter. The IFS will review the game regardless of how many people report. People have tried to claim that pre-mades are the reason someone gets banned but when they post the chat logs, their text is usually awful and horrible. Tantram has stated that the code is boolean. > #4 but what if they deserve it? > > now no one deserves to be called names or have derogatory comments made towards them , but your build ... DAAAAWWWG THAT BUILD STANK , this goes back to the bossiness aspect as well , where do you draw the line , if im not directly putting you down , but if your build is directly influencing our teams ability to do ... things , am i allowed to say something? probably not what i said , but yeah , something polite and nice , but when that player is rude towards you , and then you look at the little items they have , and they fill you with rage from the depths of hades ... what then? what if theyre toxic , or feeding , or just playing below the skill level of the rest of your team , what if this player is costing you the game , because of the mistakes they consistently make throughout the game ... at that point , they are ruining my fun , and being nice to them is the least of my concern , understandable id hope > You can suggest that a player get item X because it'll help but don't call a person or their build trash or troll. Another thing to say is "we need a X" and if that's an ADC item, they'll usually get the hint. > #5 toxicity feeds on toxicity > > what happens when they start it , context sort of comes into play here , if a player is being rude towards me or my lovely lux support dou , whom im not laning with , because jungle main of course , but yknow some people have a hard time controlling their anger , and if you are going to allow the feeders , the trolls , the toxic players who never seem to get banned , to play the game , let alone the COMPETITIVE RANKED mode , its only fair if you allow people with anger management issues to play too ... but they can only go so far , and when someone starts flaming them or saying rude things , the floodgates unleash ... now this isnt me , but i just want opinions on that , is counter flame on the same level as regular flame? > Yes, counter flame is the same as initiating flame. You are judged on your behavior. You flame, you get punished. Doesn't matter why you flamed. The best thing to do is mute, report after game, and move on to your next game. > #6 what is being done to prevent me from being toxic ... but not the way you think > > now obviously , i shall repent for my actions , and after my 14 days are up (wow thats alot for a first offense ... i think) , i shall return , a better changed man ... but what got me to this point , remember those feeders i talked about , oh and the trolls , and the other toxic people that arent me , they turned me into this ... i was a happy young man 5 years ago , but league and its community filled me with angst and rage , when im trying my heart out , and im doing well , and i lose because of another player , that tends to get people a little angry , but when it happens over and over and over again after a couple hundred games it wears on you , you start to become ... toxic , i understand league is filled with thousands upon thousands of players , and not all of them are high elo gods , not all of them are bottom of the barrel trash that needs to stick to normals , but when those two start to cross ... in silver or gold {{item:3070}} , it gets hard ... it gets really hard , its hard to just let it go , when im goddyring it in the jungle {{champion:77}} , and then my adc just keeps feeding and feeding and feeding , the match can and will become unwinnable sometimes , depending on team comp , skill level , item choices ... alot of those things arent up to me , i cant change those ... but what , what may i ask you , is being done to combat these overflow of matches , and i know we've all had them , that just infuriate you , but then you get another , and then another , and then another , all in the same night ... i dont want to win everygame , but when you cant even give me one good match a night , what can you do? > You are being given chances to reform. Riot is giving you notice that your behavior is toxic and that you have to want to be better and not be toxic. Riot can't prevent you from being toxic because Riot can't control you. What Riot can control is to what extent can your toxicity affect others. For example, if you are spewing toxic words in chat, players can mute you to prevent seeing more toxicity. If you are spamming pings to make people's ears bleed, then they can mute your pings. Riot can't cure your toxicity because how you handle situations is out of Riot's control. If you want to flame and be a dick to people, Riot can't stop you from doing it, but Riot can help shield people after someone has been a dick to them. You have to learn how to deal with adversity and take responsibility for your actions. No one is obligated to coddle you through life and make sure you experience nothing but rainbows and sunshine. That's not how life is. You are going to run into bad situations and you have to learn to deal with conflict and negative situations constructively. If you cannot, then Riot will permaban you and that is on you. Riot has no duty to make you into an upstanding member of the human race and be your therapist. It is your duty to work on yourself and find outside counseling if you need it to become an upstanding member of the human race. Take responsibility for your own actions and stop trying to blame others for how you act. > Final Words > > now im not here to debate my ban , i totally deserved it , ive been becoming more and more toxic over the past year , and this is the wake up call , i do think that 14 days is rough for a first offense , but perhaps its because of one of the no-no words i used ... but again there is context to that , and if you were to tell me it doesnt matter id say bull , but this post is meant to provoke and start a few questions being asked , if you have any comments id love to see them , and even reply to them {{summoner:3}} > > > Good luck out there summoners , yours truly {{champion:41}} > > > > also sorry for the double post , but im putting this on two boards
> [{quoted}](name=YerroFever,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B9Jvs4ad,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-03-30T23:55:36.511+0000) > > Take responsibility for your own actions and stop trying to blame others for how you act. uh no , i already am i mean i can take responsibility for my actions , of course , any human being can and should , and while i appreciate the reply i feel as if you failed to realize the point of that segment , i was banned because i said something extremely nasty that shouldnt even be in the game , not towards a player mind you , but thats beyond the point the point of that segment is to draw attention to the Newtons Third law of league of legends , every action has an equal and opposite reaction , in addition both by my point and your logic , entail that players create toxicity ... you dont have to be toxic to generate toxicity , theres a million different things that can make toxicity spontaneously occur , i dont want riot to counsel me 1 on 1 to make me a better person , i just want them to do something so that i feel as if the unimaginable amount of hours i put into this game dont feel wasted on just a single night of ranked matches , which happens far more often than it should , whether or not i contribute to those
: 1. Then you could have had prior punishments that did not decay yet. 2. You haven't provided logs to prove that you didn't use slurs.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B9Jvs4ad,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2018-03-30T18:55:25.816+0000) > > 1. Then you could have had prior punishments that did not decay yet. > > 2. You haven't provided logs to prove that you didn't use slurs. i thought it was fairly obvious by this point that i used slurs , but not at a player , not that using it against a player or not is important , its the fact that i used it period and im fairly certain i had not had any other punishments , i mean , i wouldve known right?
: Toxic Sro
i know that when i stream , im extremely toxic out loud on the stream , but often i keep the toxicity out of the game
: > [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B9Jvs4ad,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-03-30T00:14:17.780+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/6RsVpEZ.png ah ha , but the faq states that skipping tiers requires you to use said slurs against another player which i didnt do xD but i still deserve it , slurs dont belong in the game , even if your talking about your yeti in the first minute of the game {{champion:20}}
> [{quoted}](name=o GangPlank o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B9Jvs4ad,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-03-30T03:47:49.100+0000) > > ah ha , but the faq states that skipping tiers requires you to use said slurs against another player > > which i didnt do xD > > but i still deserve it , slurs dont belong in the game , even if your talking about your yeti in the first minute of the game {{champion:20}} for anyone wondering what im talking about **Why Did I skip Restrictions?** _We have a zero-tolerance policy for extreme negative behavior as well as extremely offensive language and remarks made in game towards other players._ https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207489286-Instant-Feedback-System-FAQ-
: https://i.imgur.com/6RsVpEZ.png
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B9Jvs4ad,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-03-30T00:14:17.780+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/6RsVpEZ.png ah ha , but the faq states that skipping tiers requires you to use said slurs against another player which i didnt do xD but i still deserve it , slurs dont belong in the game , even if your talking about your yeti in the first minute of the game {{champion:20}}
: np fam legit glad to see a genuine discussion and not "fuck riot i shouldn't be banned" also, i *was* banned for mild toxicity that built up over time. i was never terrible or directly insulting but i was definitely sarcastic and passive-aggressive and contributing to a negative experience in a lot of games. so eventually it was the last straw. i learned a hard lesson and it's a lot easier for me to take a step back and look at things objectively now. from one reformed player to (hopefully) another... good luck and feel free to hmu anytime if you wanna chill in some norms
> [{quoted}](name=Psychicgammarays,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B9Jvs4ad,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-03-29T20:15:55.354+0000) > > np fam > legit glad to see a genuine discussion and not "fuck riot i shouldn't be banned" > > also, i *was* banned for mild toxicity that built up over time. i was never terrible or directly insulting but i was definitely sarcastic and passive-aggressive and contributing to a negative experience in a lot of games. so eventually it was the last straw. i learned a hard lesson and it's a lot easier for me to take a step back and look at things objectively now. > > from one reformed player to (hopefully) another... > good luck and feel free to hmu anytime if you wanna chill in some norms in 14 days ill be sure to hit you up xD but i almost entirely play ranked , which hopefully you can feel where im coming from a bit , when your trying your little grinch ass black heart out , and then you consistently get low skill players , or toxic players in all your matches for a night , which can and has dropped all my lp i had gained over the past few days , it really grinds your gears , i just need to take the game both less and more seriously in different aspects
: 1. It's almost never "just this match" unless you do something like use slurs and other hate speech, encourage self harm, or make death threats. when you get reported (valid reports), if it isn't zero-tolerance behavior, it all just sorta builds up on your account. if/when you get your first punishments they come with warnings that further negative behavior will yield harsher punishments. 2. I assume a shot calling role in pretty much every game with every team full of strangers. Telling them what to do isn't toxic... i.e. "JGL dead. Baron now." or "Top keep pushing." "Jgl grab rift herald for top" or "let's invade"... But being a bitch if/when they don't listen to you is. 3. 1 report = 9 reports. Just 1 report flags a game for review. If multiple reports are filed, they still only trigger one review. Multiple reviews would be redundant and yield the same results as 1 review. 4. If someone doesn't know what they are doing/building something fucked up/experimenting... there is nothing wrong with letting a player know why their build is ineffective. But there's a difference between, "your build is trash wtf are you doing" and "yasuo, nothing in your kit scales with ap so you really shouldn't be building a morellonomicon. infinity edge will give you better burst." 5. context doesn't matter. it doesn't come into play. just because someone else is being toxic doesn't mean you aren't still expected to keep your cool. no one forces you to react to toxic players in an inflammatory way. you can't put out flames with more flames. 6. again, we choose how we respond to situations. it's no one's job to babysit us and hold our hands to make sure we don't turn into a bunch of ragey assholes. it's not Riot's job. they're providing a service, they have a pretty clear code of conduct. it's not on them to manipulate you into behaving, but it is on them to remove you if you don't behave.
> [{quoted}](name=Psychicgammarays,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B9Jvs4ad,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-03-29T19:54:55.919+0000) > > 1. It's almost never "just this match" unless you do something like use slurs and other hate speech, encourage self harm, or make death threats. when you get reported (valid reports), if it isn't zero-tolerance behavior, it all just sorta builds up on your account. if/when you get your first punishments they come with warnings that further negative behavior will yield harsher punishments. > 2. I assume a shot calling role in pretty much every game with every team full of strangers. Telling them what to do isn't toxic... i.e. "JGL dead. Baron now." or "Top keep pushing." "Jgl grab rift herald for top" or "let's invade"... But being a bitch if/when they don't listen to you is. > 3. 1 report = 9 reports. Just 1 report flags a game for review. If multiple reports are filed, they still only trigger one review. Multiple reviews would be redundant and yield the same results as 1 review. > 4. If someone doesn't know what they are doing/building something fucked up/experimenting... there is nothing wrong with letting a player know why their build is ineffective. But there's a difference between, "your build is trash wtf are you doing" and "yasuo, nothing in your kit scales with ap so you really shouldn't be building a morellonomicon. infinity edge will give you better burst." > 5. context doesn't matter. it doesn't come into play. just because someone else is being toxic doesn't mean you aren't still expected to keep your cool. no one forces you to react to toxic players in an inflammatory way. you can't put out flames with more flames. > 6. again, we choose how we respond to situations. it's no one's job to babysit us and hold our hands to make sure we don't turn into a bunch of ragey assholes. it's not Riot's job. they're providing a service, they have a pretty clear code of conduct. it's not on them to manipulate you into behaving, but it is on them to remove you if you don't behave. thank you for the reply , i appreciate your time , and i dont believe my behavior lately has been obsurdly toxic , maybe it has been , i cant quite remember , i think its probably more along the lines of just a few games of toxicty , and then a couple of excessively nasty words at the start of the game while not directed at a player , still these dont belong in the community which is why the system decided to skip the chatban and go straight right into a 2 week ban , which is completely deserved and i believer i also fall into the the bossy asshole rather than shot caller category
Shukr4n (EUW)
: U can,share chatlog to let us see the null and void wording. No riot is foing the minimum since trolls are free and legit players mustxsuck it up otherwise they are banned for flame.
> [{quoted}](name=Shukr4n,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O98ZvEji,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-03-29T11:23:36.758+0000) > > U can,share chatlog to let us see the null and void wording. > > > No riot is foing the minimum since trolls are free and legit players mustxsuck it up otherwise they are banned for flame. i kind of meant the null and void thing as a joke , because at the end of the day i used extremely nasty words that dont belong in this community , however i didnt use them at an actual player , i used them towards myself ... or technically at my yeti which i dont believe a player took offense to it , but thats not the point , i should not have used those words to begin with after that however is probably the reason why i was actually reported , i started flaming my team , it started off with some simple arguing and passive aggressiveness , then went to straight up trashing on builds , and then i finished arguing with the adc for the rest of the game so where as normally for this report i wouldve just simply been chat banned , it was my use of the excessively nasty words at the start of the game that probably lead to skipping the chat ban , and then right into a 2 week ban ... which again , is totally deserved
: I'm gonna try and address these as best I can; --- > was i overly toxic in this game , or was it multiple games , id assume multiple games but why was this the breaking point... It's difficult to say without seeing your chat logs, but, both are possibilities. The IFS can punish someone flat-out if their behavior is bad enough, but, for the most part, I imagine it gives most players some leniency in their punishments. Moreover, the IFS can log reports as valid without issuing a punishment, and so, over a course of several matches, it is likely that enough valid reports come in that the IFS decides to step in and issue a punishment. > ...was it the certain no-no word i used, and does the context in which its used at all come into play, was it the percentage of my team reporting me... It depends on what you mean by "no-no" word, but, given that you mention it was a ban, I can only assume that it's hate speech, in which case, yes. Hate speech can certainly lead straight into a punishment. Hate speech is also one of those cases I mentioned earlier about the IFS punishing flat-out - Hate speech and encouragements of self-harm are considered zero-tolerance, and so the IFS punishes those immediately upon a report being validated. Context is virtually never considered for hate speech, and I would also say that the same goes for insults in general. It doesn't really matter if you're saying "but you're my idiot" or "what's good my [insert expletive here]", hate speech is still hate speech, and insults, generally, are still insults. That said, I've seen some instances where, given manual review, some instances of insults (but not hate speech) were given a pass by Rioters, though it often was followed with a stern warning. Lastly; how many members of your team (or how many people in a given match, for that matter) report you does not matter. As Riot Tantram has mentioned, the coding for the IFS is basically "If number of reports is greater than zero, mark game for review". Outside of potential information from Report Details, any report past the first is disregarded. --- > **is toxic and bossy the same thing?** This is primarily subjective, but, in my opinion, being bossy and being toxic aren't the same thing, nor are they mutually exclusive. I personally think that the IFS will forgive some degree of sternness, but when getting a point across also involves getting aggravated to that end, there's certainly bound to be trouble. I think, honestly, the best takeaway should be this; if you have something you want to say, try and say it as cleanly and concisely as possible, and try to avoid repetition or pressing the matter. Say it once or twice, but definitely no more than three times. If they ignore you that long, you'll just have to resolve to do the best you can. --- > **how do dou's come into play?** I think this (alongside the other stuff mentioned in this paragraph) can be best summed up with two words: They don't. Reports aren't affected by party size, MMR, skill level (which is kinda the same thing as MMR?), time played, or money spent. If someone is reported, they are reviewed, and if they broke the rules, they're punished. That's kinda just that. --- > **but what if they deserve it?** This question of yours is kind of two-fold, from what I can see - I'll address the easiest part first. In general, when it comes to people who are intentionally feeding or trolling, if they're doing things directly to harm your team's chances of winning - they deserve to be punished. _But_, that punishment is not ours, as players, to issue. We can only report the player and trust the IFS to handle them. Worse comes to worst, or if we want a little extra security, we could file a Support Ticket, but they won't tell us of the player's punishment or account status, for privacy reasons. As for the other part...If someone is playing sub-optimally, or look like their build could use improvements, there's two things that aught to be known: First, try to be as tactful as possible when approaching the issue. Constructive feedback would certainly be difficult, but at the very least you can avoid destructive criticism. Don't mince words, but don't attack their build or their ideas, either; outline that you find it odd, and, if they ask for advice or improvements, feel very free to guide them. Second, know that, when they're halfway through the match and they've already bought some odd items, it's much too late for them to go back on it and buy something else. You can suggest they buy something else in future matches, but that's about all you can do. --- > **toxicity feeds on toxicity** Let's hypothetically say that you're not with your duo partner, and just one person decides to start flaming you. Your team as a whole now has to deal with one flamer. Then, you start retaliating. Now, three other people at the very least have to deal with two people on their team in-fighting. Not a great situation to be in. For this reason, reports and punishments don't take other player's chat into context - there's no "who started it", just "who participated in it". As for where anger management issues are concerned, that is ultimately just something you'll have to learn to work with. It's generally advisable to avoid using the chat if you know you're angry, and there are numerous ways to vent and purge that anger that don't involve negative chat. If you need help with anger management stuff, feel free to ask about it. A good lump-some of people on the boards would likely throw in their two cents, and I'd be more than willing to offer mine. --- > **what is being done to prevent me from being toxic ... but not the way you think** I think the biggest issue here is self-moderation. It's difficult to deal with consecutive losses for no good reason - and, trust me, I know the feeling. I'm only a week into playing Flex 3's, and it's hell. But, ultimately, playing more and more matches after the first or second or third have gone poorly is only putting yourself at further risk of lashing out or exploding. Would that Riot had a magic bullet for those avoidable losses for us, but sadly it's just not possible. So, it's on us as players to prevent a bad situation from getting worse for is - moreover, it's our job to make sure we're not continuing playing well past the point where our nerve is lost. It's difficult to put the game down and take a break, but, taking breaks is the best way to prevent ourselves from losing it. I guess, though, that it might be worthwhile for Riot to make a informational video on de-stressing and the like? I know they recently had a blog post about it, but I'm not sure if that suffices. Either way, it sort of comes down to us to manage ourselves. --- So, I hope that answers as much as possible. I'm glad to hear that you understand your punishment and are going to reform from it, though I'm also sorry to hear that it was an escalated punishment. Just be very careful from hereout - your next punishment for a good while is probably going to be a permanent ban.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B9Jvs4ad,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-29T09:58:32.122+0000) > > I'm gonna try and address these as best I can; > > --- > > It's difficult to say without seeing your chat logs, but, both are possibilities. The IFS can punish someone flat-out if their behavior is bad enough, but, for the most part, I imagine it gives most players some leniency in their punishments. > > Moreover, the IFS can log reports as valid without issuing a punishment, and so, over a course of several matches, it is likely that enough valid reports come in that the IFS decides to step in and issue a punishment. > > It depends on what you mean by "no-no" word, but, given that you mention it was a ban, I can only assume that it's hate speech, in which case, yes. Hate speech can certainly lead straight into a punishment. > > Hate speech is also one of those cases I mentioned earlier about the IFS punishing flat-out - Hate speech and encouragements of self-harm are considered zero-tolerance, and so the IFS punishes those immediately upon a report being validated. > > Context is virtually never considered for hate speech, and I would also say that the same goes for insults in general. It doesn't really matter if you're saying "but you're my idiot" or "what's good my [insert expletive here]", hate speech is still hate speech, and insults, generally, are still insults. > > That said, I've seen some instances where, given manual review, some instances of insults (but not hate speech) were given a pass by Rioters, though it often was followed with a stern warning. > > Lastly; how many members of your team (or how many people in a given match, for that matter) report you does not matter. As Riot Tantram has mentioned, the coding for the IFS is basically "If number of reports is greater than zero, mark game for review". > > Outside of potential information from Report Details, any report past the first is disregarded. > > --- > > This is primarily subjective, but, in my opinion, being bossy and being toxic aren't the same thing, nor are they mutually exclusive. I personally think that the IFS will forgive some degree of sternness, but when getting a point across also involves getting aggravated to that end, there's certainly bound to be trouble. > > I think, honestly, the best takeaway should be this; if you have something you want to say, try and say it as cleanly and concisely as possible, and try to avoid repetition or pressing the matter. Say it once or twice, but definitely no more than three times. If they ignore you that long, you'll just have to resolve to do the best you can. > > --- > > I think this (alongside the other stuff mentioned in this paragraph) can be best summed up with two words: They don't. > > Reports aren't affected by party size, MMR, skill level (which is kinda the same thing as MMR?), time played, or money spent. If someone is reported, they are reviewed, and if they broke the rules, they're punished. That's kinda just that. > > --- > > This question of yours is kind of two-fold, from what I can see - I'll address the easiest part first. > > In general, when it comes to people who are intentionally feeding or trolling, if they're doing things directly to harm your team's chances of winning - they deserve to be punished. _But_, that punishment is not ours, as players, to issue. We can only report the player and trust the IFS to handle them. Worse comes to worst, or if we want a little extra security, we could file a Support Ticket, but they won't tell us of the player's punishment or account status, for privacy reasons. > > As for the other part...If someone is playing sub-optimally, or look like their build could use improvements, there's two things that aught to be known: > > First, try to be as tactful as possible when approaching the issue. Constructive feedback would certainly be difficult, but at the very least you can avoid destructive criticism. Don't mince words, but don't attack their build or their ideas, either; outline that you find it odd, and, if they ask for advice or improvements, feel very free to guide them. > > Second, know that, when they're halfway through the match and they've already bought some odd items, it's much too late for them to go back on it and buy something else. You can suggest they buy something else in future matches, but that's about all you can do. > > --- > > Let's hypothetically say that you're not with your duo partner, and just one person decides to start flaming you. Your team as a whole now has to deal with one flamer. Then, you start retaliating. Now, three other people at the very least have to deal with two people on their team in-fighting. Not a great situation to be in. > > For this reason, reports and punishments don't take other player's chat into context - there's no "who started it", just "who participated in it". > > As for where anger management issues are concerned, that is ultimately just something you'll have to learn to work with. It's generally advisable to avoid using the chat if you know you're angry, and there are numerous ways to vent and purge that anger that don't involve negative chat. > > If you need help with anger management stuff, feel free to ask about it. A good lump-some of people on the boards would likely throw in their two cents, and I'd be more than willing to offer mine. > > --- > > I think the biggest issue here is self-moderation. It's difficult to deal with consecutive losses for no good reason - and, trust me, I know the feeling. I'm only a week into playing Flex 3's, and it's hell. But, ultimately, playing more and more matches after the first or second or third have gone poorly is only putting yourself at further risk of lashing out or exploding. > > Would that Riot had a magic bullet for those avoidable losses for us, but sadly it's just not possible. So, it's on us as players to prevent a bad situation from getting worse for is - moreover, it's our job to make sure we're not continuing playing well past the point where our nerve is lost. It's difficult to put the game down and take a break, but, taking breaks is the best way to prevent ourselves from losing it. > > I guess, though, that it might be worthwhile for Riot to make a informational video on de-stressing and the like? I know they recently had a blog post about it, but I'm not sure if that suffices. Either way, it sort of comes down to us to manage ourselves. > > --- > > So, I hope that answers as much as possible. I'm glad to hear that you understand your punishment and are going to reform from it, though I'm also sorry to hear that it was an escalated punishment. Just be very careful from hereout - your next punishment for a good while is probably going to be a permanent ban. i heavily appreciate your long , and well thought out post , but i feel as if you sort of missed my point on my last ... point xd , im just a little tilted that riot , instead of dealing with the players who unkowingly contribute to toxicity through their actions in the games , they only strike at the outcome , and not the source of the problem itself , now as the toxic player i should have had the control over my actions to stop myself , but like i said something got me to this point , i didnt just launch league and say "im going to be toxic today" , its been the many many many many games that ive played in the ranked mode ... THE RANKED MODE , where i have players who just dont belong , or the other toxic folks , ive actually made a support ticket at one point asking what was being done to combat that , and pretty much they said "nothing" ... but honestly what can they do , kick the bad players out of ranked? actually thats not an entirely horrible idea , in my opinion they should do something along the lines of csgo ... uh oh , but add in a report for unskilled player , which could be abused , and probably would be , but instead of facing something like a 2 week ban , start out with an hour ranked cooldown , letting you know that rather than going into the ranked mode to "have fun" maybe you should focus on winning or at the very least contributing to the team? i dont know this response is probably a showing off a bit more of my character than i wish to show , but when i play the ranked mode i go in with the intent to try my hardest , to climb , like i said , i dont have to win , just give me one good game , but some nights i cant even get that , and i just gave up on being nice
: > [{quoted}](name=o GangPlank o,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O98ZvEji,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-03-29T07:54:05.024+0000) > > xD , the words i said were pretty nasty , but if you read the faq , technically by the offical riot rules , and through context , the words i said should be null and void {{champion:38}} > > and a chat restriction should be the actual punishment i face > > but im not here to argue , i needed the wake-up call and i dont think a chat restriction wouldve changed me , only the good ole 2 week ban. Do you think a total chat ban, both sending and receiving any messages would have stopped you being toxic, or do you feel like you would have gone on to trolling by griefing and afking instead.
> [{quoted}](name=Huang Shaotian,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O98ZvEji,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-29T08:21:09.322+0000) > > Do you think a total chat ban, both sending and receiving any messages would have stopped you being toxic, or do you feel like you would have gone on to trolling by griefing and afking instead. i never troll xD , but yeah , if there were a total chat ban , i wouldnt have had the ability to have been toxic , i only troll when i play trundle ... but thats , yknow ... a joke {{champion:48}}
: Banned Words
well technically by the faq , and this is total lawyer mode , contract stuff here there is a loophole , and i couldnt find anything to cover it , probably because i didnt look hard enough , but if you look in skip restrictions section of the instant feedback system faq , it says and i quote "We have a zero-tolerance policy for extreme negative behavior as well as extremely offensive language and remarks made in game towards other players." so technically , some words , as long as they are not directed towards other players , could still be said just fine , now of course , thats not how the system actually works , nor should it allow people to squirm through , but doesnt context actually matter?
Talon12 (OCE)
: the sole way to get banned in this game is either reach frontpage on reddit, steal money/creditcard details and use them or say a couple swearwords in a game, everything else goes scott free
> [{quoted}](name=Talon12,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O98ZvEji,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-29T07:48:03.010+0000) > > the sole way to get banned in this game is either reach frontpage on reddit, steal money/creditcard details and use them or say a couple swearwords in a game, everything else goes scott free xD , the words i said were pretty nasty , but if you read the faq , technically by the offical riot rules , and through context , the words i said should be null and void {{champion:38}} and a chat restriction should be the actual punishment i face but im not here to argue , i needed the wake-up call and i dont think a chat restriction wouldve changed me , only the good ole 2 week ban
zPOOPz (NA)
: (obviously not directing at AeroWaffle, but I figure it's easier to discuss the log in this format. I assume the OP will read. Thanks AW btw) This is one of the very mild chatlog I've seen. Which leads me to believe you have a pattern of mildly negative behavior like this in a large number of your games. Are there chat logs for Game 2 and 3? As far as this log goes, you are very negative and at times downright condescending. I have played since Season 3 and played numerous games where team mates are toxic, team mates flaming me, flaming each other, trolling, afk-ing, running it down, etc. I've played all those games. So I can say with confidence I know exactly how you felt in this game. However, two (or more) wrongs do not make a right. You were light flaming your team. I understand it's mild, but if you do this frequently and get reported frequently (which I feel is what happened), you will trigger punishment. My advice is to just mute all at first sight of flame/troll and play the game out. Report after match if you so inclined.
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=iT3eOMGQ,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-03-29T07:47:17.083+0000) > > (obviously not directing at AeroWaffle, but I figure it's easier to discuss the log in this format. I assume the OP will read. Thanks AW btw) > > This is one of the very mild chatlog I've seen. Which leads me to believe you have a pattern of mildly negative behavior like this in a large number of your games. Are there chat logs for Game 2 and 3? > > As far as this log goes, you are very negative and at times downright condescending. I have played since Season 3 and played numerous games where team mates are toxic, team mates flaming me, flaming each other, trolling, afk-ing, running it down, etc. I've played all those games. So I can say with confidence I know exactly how you felt in this game. However, two (or more) wrongs do not make a right. You were light flaming your team. I understand it's mild, but if you do this frequently and get reported frequently (which I feel is what happened), you will trigger punishment. > > My advice is to just mute all at first sight of flame/troll and play the game out. Report after match if you so inclined. while you are 100% correct , why should he have to sit there and take it , and mute all , when someone else is causing said negative behavior to even occur i didnt read the chatlogs btw , but i dont think riot is doing enough on the reverse end of toxicity , some of us are toxic for a reason , and instead of effectively telling me chin up , better luck next time , id rather hear what you can do about it
: >LeviathanTQ: you two fucking suck LeviathanTQ: honestly LeviathanTQ: worst fucking botlane I have had all day ... LeviathanTQ: everyone on this team sucks LeviathanTQ: not afk you fuckingdumbass LeviathanTQ: reprted LeviathanTQ: report my jungler for being toxic please ... LeviathanTQ: asshole LeviathanTQ: reported :) No. The context doesn't matter here. This is poor behavior. I believe it to be a valid punishment.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ei9Hq6lO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-29T05:43:50.776+0000) > > LeviathanTQ: honestly > LeviathanTQ: worst fucking botlane I have had all day > ... > LeviathanTQ: everyone on this team sucks > LeviathanTQ: not afk you fuckingdumbass > LeviathanTQ: reprted > LeviathanTQ: report my jungler for being toxic please > ... > LeviathanTQ: asshole > LeviathanTQ: reported :) > > No. The context doesn't matter here. This is poor behavior. I believe it to be a valid punishment. context always matters
: False reports
i mean , when i was chat restricted i deserved it , and since im banned now , i can say i deserved it ... but was there a good reason for it , is the better question {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: what can i do against a toxic premade?
if im correct , if a player keeps getting reported , theyll eventually get banned , its only when like 3+ people all report someone at the same time , is it instant i dont know any of that for sure though {{item:3070}}
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
: Download seems fine but goes back to 0% ... endlessly
: Download seems fine but goes back to 0% ... endlessly
dont know how or why , but ive gotten some progress , the repair didnt fail for once , and ive learned that zoe isnt the login screen anymore , will reply again if the download does shoot itself again
Comentários de Rioters
Khamall (NA)
: Malzahar was ruined, thanks Riot.
necro thread , but if you thought that was bad , check out what theyre doing to him now{{champion:90}} {{item:3070}}
: > [{quoted}](name=archerno1,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=J8A0Xycy,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-05-25T17:02:47.989+0000) > > Well, we could create special division for them, one thats under beginner level, one that doesnt award victorious skin or even a border in the end of season. Where really bad players can still play ranked but its not really as competitive. So bronze division?
: ***
I've seen some decent players in bronze ... for bronze tho
: Eh, I thought they used to have that with the unskilled player report that used to exist.... it was being spammed on players who were just having a bad game and that's probably why they got rid of it. Mentoring or coaching would be hard to do since the vast majority of the league population actually lies in high bronze-low silver, therefore it's very unlikely that you would be able to address everyone who might trigger this soft report system you suggest, not to mention that most players who want to coach or mentor, do so already albeit usually for a price. Also, some players just don't care enough. It's a game and forcing a learning component on people who just want to fool around ultimately pushes people away which is bad for business. It's unfortunate, but most of the players in bronze who want to improve and climb usually do, though not all at once and not easily.
It's so hard dad , had a decent win streak , but it always gets followed by a losing streak , and I've been working really hard to make sure that it's not "directly" my fault for the team losing , and I give every game my all
: I don't think there's anything wrong with limiting ranked to competent people in some shape or form. By far most LoL games are non-ranked, so it shouldn't be a big deal. Ranked is serious. If you want to play you need to pass tests, imo. Whether these are actual play tests (Can you hit 5 out of 10 skill shots on a moving drone?) OR written (What is the goal of the game? Hint: It's to destroy the Nexus...seems lots of people don't know that). Something is needed. Still want a "you cant play this champ in ranked with less than mastery 2 or 3" or something.
The mastery level dealio would be super dope , no more first timing troll picks xD
: Can we do something about bronze?
Probably could've picked a better title tho
Comentários de Rioters
: Last day: How to unlock your Mystery Champion
smh everyones complaining about a free thing , be humble dudes

o GangPlank o

Nível 68 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão