: New theroy on banning peoples accounts
You might want to do another edit to break your thoughts up into smaller paragraphs. As is, it's a bit hard on the eyes.
: Question about the current Play, Level up, unlock Hero's, etc
Were you playing on a newer account on your Europe account? Under level 30? I know there's the missions they give for new accounts to give out hextech chests. A bit stumped beyond that unless it simply meant win of the day giving blue essence/leveling up in general giving capsules with champion shards in it.
: Question about the current Play, Level up, unlock Hero's, etc
Minor nitpick, but they're champions, not heroes. As for your question, i'll reask what the previous person did, are you talking about the icon in the upper right that is shaped like a square chest?
Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Vlada Cut,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0pyFdzHl,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-10-03T13:49:48.617+0000) > > Typical attention seeker. At least provide useful response to my debate next time. Except the topic was learning to cs/waveclear. 2 out of the 3 you singled out waveclear easily. Morgana herself is a midlaner that got shoved down botlane over the years, but still functions perfectly fine in mid. Your complaints are based on players, not the champions kits themselves.
Aeternys (NA)
: Mastery Issue?
For clarification purposes, this was the Jinx game and you previously had two level 6 tokens on her? This was to be your last needed to get 7? If that's the case, that is very strange. :/
Sillae (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vlada Cut,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eEbIYAa0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-03T13:48:19.788+0000) > > Because nitnall support champions have hyperscaling like {{champion:555}}. > Majority of supports' scaling suck ass amd rely on early game bullying to make their adc snowball and make a lead. > Also the fact almost ALL supportd have a lack of ability to go in a solo lane because are bounded to another ally to proc them(Ahem, hello? Why can't {{champion:89}} proc her own passive?!). > > If you wanna spec damage on supports, then please, strictly buy magic penetration items so you can abuse your high base stats, ty. > > And no, {{champion:25}} isn't a support, she's an anti mid lane mid laner now. She was literally nerfed 4 times in a row because she started getting played mid again.
> [{quoted}](name=Sillae,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eEbIYAa0,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-03T14:16:59.292+0000) > > She was literally nerfed 4 times in a row because she started getting played mid again. Meanwhile some of us never stopped playing her mid all these years considering she was a mid long before she was dragged to bot lane.
: "If you decide to die for the good of the universe, call me anytime"? What is this a slant at? Are you hoping to curb inting in games? Are you reaching out to people contemplating suicide? Are you telling people that their death is good for the universe? REALLY weird thing to say, and seems really out of place and out of touch, especially considering all the Marc Merrill drama and how out of touch he is with the player base and content creators...
It might have been a reference to the SG universe with Xayah and Rakan. Their lore is they died, etc.
: 1-2 hours from here It's just 11 at riot HQ
> [{quoted}](name=GotauiaGamesBr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sJPAykzP,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-12T19:06:21.942+0000) > > 1-2 hours from here > It's just 11 at riot HQ Actually it's noon on west coast.
: > [{quoted}](name=sheldonbunny,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0025000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-02T17:44:53.962+0000) > > Evil is subjective at best. History is written by the victor. Remember no matter what country you live in, there are those that think ill of you. It's perspective. Same goes for every other way we slice ourselves into categories. Sexuality, religion, politics, etc. > > Again people miss the point that we all walk a different road in life. Trauma, pain tolerance all matter deeply on how we cope. Calling someone weak for it makes *you* the problem, not them. > > Some of us were raised in ways they wouldn't wish on their worst enemy. We know pain too well. And instead of accepting it, spreading it, we choose to prevent it and help those to not have to feel it. You know, actually caring for people? > > Good parenting creates people full of compassion, empathy, and sympathy. Not the school of hard knocks that says life sucks and just deal with it. That's people just putting their head in the sane and that's how we got to this point in the first place. > > Your mentality is part of the problem, not the solution. You are capable of better. We all are. I believe in you. Im sorry dude. But i really can care less. Its all comical to me. If it hurts ppl this much i suggest not playing games thst have chats. Period. Its so ridiculous that its painful.
> [{quoted}](name=ChristmasEvelynn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=00250000000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T17:50:17.755+0000) > > Im sorry dude. But i really can care less. Its all comical to me. If it hurts ppl this much i suggest not playing games thst have chats. Period. Its so ridiculous that its painful. And I find it sad that's your reaction, but c'est la vie. I pray you never have misfortune befall you that you need people to be more sympathetic to your plight.
: > [{quoted}](name=sheldonbunny,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=00250000,timestamp=2019-09-02T17:25:36.527+0000) > > Competitiveness is not the same thing as being toxic. Poor reasoning there. > > As for being sheltered, ever consider people are raised wrong to accept that this is acceptable? Perhaps those acting toxic are the truly sheltered ones because they were never taught better. Proper parenting would be to teach your kid about how evil people are online and offline and how to deal with it. If you cant handle toxicity then had poor parenting.
> [{quoted}](name=ChristmasEvelynn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=002500000001,timestamp=2019-09-02T17:35:31.216+0000) > > Proper parenting would be to teach your kid about how evil people are online and offline and how to deal with it. If you cant handle toxicity then had poor parenting. Evil is subjective at best. History is written by the victor. Remember no matter what country you live in, there are those that think ill of you. It's perspective. Same goes for every other way we slice ourselves into categories. Sexuality, religion, politics, etc. Again people miss the point that we all walk a different road in life. Trauma, pain tolerance all matter deeply on how we cope. Calling someone weak for it makes *you* the problem, not them. Some of us were raised in ways they wouldn't wish on their worst enemy. We know pain too well. And instead of accepting it, spreading it, we choose to prevent it and help those to not have to feel it. You know, actually caring for people? Good parenting creates people full of compassion, empathy, and sympathy. Not the school of hard knocks that says life sucks and just deal with it. That's people just putting their head in the sane and that's how we got to this point in the first place. Your mentality is part of the problem, not the solution. You are capable of better. We all are. I believe in you.
: > [{quoted}](name=sheldonbunny,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0024,timestamp=2019-09-02T17:17:17.345+0000) > > My big issue with people bringing up muting is this. It's an *option* not an *answer* to the problem, and people do not distinguish the two. It's a very useful tool. I'm glad it's there, but people need to stop acting like it's the answer to this issue. It isn't. > > Humanity wants quick fixes. People in this game are no different. We as players have limited options. We can mute players, simply ignore what is being said or put on our mental armor to simply "deal" with it, and can report the toxic players after the game. > > People who say to just "deal with it", I ask you this: Do you say the same thing about mental illness, depression, suicidal tendencies? Do you say this to people after losing a family member, friend, or loved one to something fatal? To losing friendships? To relationships ending? Where is your line drawn in the sand on what and where to show compassion and empathy for your fellow man? > > We all are very different. How we process emotions, and thoughts. All our pain tolerances are different. It makes us beautifully human and perfectly imperfect. Accepting abuse, mistreatment, and dehumanization has only got us to the desperate point our species is at now. You can either be part of the problem, or the solution. I choose the latter. I choose it every single day. I choose it because I have to live with myself for the rest of my life, and I know what person I want to be. It's not easy. Taking the harder path never is. It's easy to hurt others. Too easy. But what kind of person do you want to be? To be remembered for being? > > Food for thought... Its the ONLY answer. What do you want riot to do exactly? These people will always exist and they do not care what you think. If they want to vent their frustration out on you then they will do it. If you get hurt easily then either mute at start of the game or quit. And im dead serious because its impossible to get rid of toxicity in video games. OH WAIT i take that back. There is. Do what hearthstone did and REMOVE CHAT from the game entirely. But you don't want it removed do you? Exactly the problem. Chat us not needed anymore. Everything can be communicated with pings. Why do you want to chat instead if play the game?
> [{quoted}](name=ChristmasEvelynn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=00240000,timestamp=2019-09-02T17:25:43.116+0000) > > Its the ONLY answer. What do you want riot to do exactly? These people will always exist and they do not care what you think. If they want to vent their frustration out on you then they will do it. If you get hurt easily then either mute at start of the game or quit. And im dead serious because its impossible to get rid of toxicity in video games. > > OH WAIT i take that back. There is. Do what hearthstone did and REMOVE CHAT from the game entirely. But you don't want it removed do you? Exactly the problem. It's not only impossible to get rid of toxicity in video games, it is in humanity. But it can be done better than it currently is. Riot can tighten their grip more and filter more of the problematic people out. We as players can be *better* human beings to ourselves and one another. You can take it outside of the game in life, and help those around you to further understand better treatment. To raise children like that. There's actually a decent bit to be done. If as a player all we do is take the responsibility in our words and actions, be vigilent on reporting toxic players, we have done *something.* Instead of putting your fingers in your ears and pretending it's not there, It's not about being sensitive. It's about sending the message that it's *not* acceptable.That everyone deserves love, respect, and happiness and not one of us have the right to take away from that. As for the lack of chat, FFMobius has no chat, but a stamp system for communication in multiplayer. I found it very refreshing and little to no toxicity. Trolling was minimal at best through gameplay. Meadow has the same system and the community is *very* caring and helpful of one another. It's honestly a place of solace for many. Plenty of people are capable of not acting this way.
Pxerkza (EUNE)
: many games are not for many people if you are incapable of dealing with this aspect of competition you will not like the game (as proven by your friend) there are plenty of single player games and MMOs that play in isolation in which you can have a great time You never played in a competitive setting anything in your life if you think league is toxic hell even school is more toxic than this game i've been called worse things by family and teachers than in this game things have been done to me by family and teachers FAR worse than anything that has been said or done in this game all these threads are showing that none of you are prepared for the real world you've all been sheltered way too hard from reality and that flaw in your upbringing will never be fixed by any rule riot implements
> [{quoted}](name=Pxerkza,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0025,timestamp=2019-09-02T17:23:10.415+0000) > > many games are not for many people > > if you are incapable of dealing with this aspect of competition you will not like the game (as proven by your friend) > there are plenty of single player games and MMOs that play in isolation in which you can have a great time > > You never played in a competitive setting anything in your life if you think league is toxic > hell even school is more toxic than this game > i've been called worse things by family and teachers than in this game > things have been done to me by family and teachers FAR worse than anything that has been said or done in this game > > all these threads are showing that none of you are prepared for the real world > you've all been sheltered way too hard from reality > and that flaw in your upbringing will never be fixed by any rule riot implements Competitiveness is not the same thing as being toxic. Poor reasoning there. As for being sheltered, ever consider people are raised wrong to accept that this is acceptable? Perhaps those acting toxic are the truly sheltered ones because they were never taught better.
: Why are there so many "Riot should not focus on toxicity" threads right now??
My big issue with people bringing up muting is this. It's an *option* not an *answer* to the problem, and people do not distinguish the two. It's a very useful tool. I'm glad it's there, but people need to stop acting like it's the answer to this issue. It isn't. Humanity wants quick fixes. People in this game are no different. We as players have limited options. We can mute players, simply ignore what is being said or put on our mental armor to simply "deal" with it, and can report the toxic players after the game. People who say to just "deal with it", I ask you this: Do you say the same thing about mental illness, depression, suicidal tendencies? Do you say this to people after losing a family member, friend, or loved one to something fatal? To losing friendships? To relationships ending? Where is your line drawn in the sand on what and where to show compassion and empathy for your fellow man? We all are very different. How we process emotions, and thoughts. All our pain tolerances are different. It makes us beautifully human and perfectly imperfect. Accepting abuse, mistreatment, and dehumanization has only got us to the desperate point our species is at now. You can either be part of the problem, or the solution. I choose the latter. I choose it every single day. I choose it because I have to live with myself for the rest of my life, and I know what person I want to be. It's not easy. Taking the harder path never is. It's easy to hurt others. Too easy. But what kind of person do you want to be? To be remembered for being? Food for thought...
Lapis (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=0NoobMaster69,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=001c,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:46:17.427+0000) > > World hunger is a problem. War is a problem. And many other things are real problems.... What you experience is just disconfort with rude and agressive people, which I understand and don't aprove, but it's something you actually get everywhere you go, not just in a game. Be glad you can mute them if you can't deal with it. You can even report bad behaviour and people actually get banned for it. Do you also quit real life because people are so toxic? Because we have no mute or ban options.... I don't know what your real life is like, but it sounds like shit, no offense. I've never been in a real life situation where people are as horrible as in this game. Because in real life, people know that shit like that has consequences. But there's very little consequences for the things people do in this game and people are way too keen to take advantage of that fact. And yes, it's a problem. Problems don't stop being problems just because there are bigger problems.
> [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=001c0001,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:54:03.378+0000) > > I don't know what your real life is like, but it sounds like shit, no offense. I've never been in a real life situation where people are as horrible as in this game. Because in real life, people know that shit like that has consequences. But there's very little consequences for the things people do in this game and people are way too keen to take advantage of that fact. And yes, it's a problem. Problems don't stop being problems just because there are bigger problems. It feels like it's falling on deaf ears. People too consumed with how they're raised, their environment, culture, etc to really grasp these concepts. I truly appreciate your ongoing effort. It's nice to see people of this mindset playing this game.
: > [{quoted}](name=TrikzterzArma,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-02T10:12:09.505+0000) > > I don't want to hear that I should kill myself. I don't want to hear that I'm trash. I don't want people to flame my boyfriend. > > One of my friends tried the game out. She quit after a few games because everyone was so fucking toxic. > > "You can just mute" > What if a person has a really bad day, is really sad and just want to play a game, and is later told to kill himself because he died twice? What fucking good would a mute do by then? > > Stop talking like toxicity isn't a problem, because it is. World hunger is a problem. War is a problem. And many other things are real problems.... What you experience is just disconfort with rude and agressive people, which I understand and don't aprove, but it's something you actually get everywhere you go, not just in a game. Be glad you can mute them if you can't deal with it. You can even report bad behaviour and people actually get banned for it. Do you also quit real life because people are so toxic? Because we have no mute or ban options....
> [{quoted}](name=0NoobMaster69,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=001c,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:46:17.427+0000) > > World hunger is a problem. War is a problem. And many other things are real problems.... What you experience is just disconfort with rude and agressive people, which I understand and don't aprove, but it's something you actually get everywhere you go, not just in a game. Be glad you can mute them if you can't deal with it. You can even report bad behaviour and people actually get banned for it. Do you also quit real life because people are so toxic? Because we have no mute or ban options.... People incapable of human decency and respect are a problem. It causes a great deal of the other problems. The mememe mentality, the narcissism, the self centeredness being taught more and more as the generations go by. It's all a problem. Please show me the mute button in life. I'll wait. People need to grow up, use self control. If it's that hard for them, go get help. Take anger management, therapy, etc. Tired of childish excuses by people not wanting to admit to fault.
: > [{quoted}](name=sheldonbunny,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=00090002,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:04:04.179+0000) > > No, older people in general grow up and treat people with respect and don't act like children. Please do not even try to talk for a demographic. That's anecdotal at best. I know plenty of older people and players who don't do anything like that because we know better and actually hold ourselves accountable for every word and action we say in life, like any sensible adult does. I didn't said, that older people are toxic. I say, that they are better at ignoring the toxic kids.
> [{quoted}](name=The Kombinator,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=000900020000,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:06:45.361+0000) > > I didn't said, that older people are toxic. I say, that they can ignore the toxic kids. By your standards any human can. But that's an over idealized world that doesn't account for a person's life history and what they've gone through. You can deal with it. That's wonderful. Not everyone can. People should treat one another better. There simply is no reason not to. Besides, i'll go to the fallback for people who could care less about people's feelings. We all signed a legal binding contact that says we're going to follow Riot's rules. We break their rules, we're punished. Simple as that.
: Because solving from player side is not just possible, but easy. Try to win a 4v5 game, or a game with int. feeder, or a game with troll(s). You can work your ass off, and still lose because of that. If someone is toxic, then press mute button. ~90% of them gets bored, and stops writing, if there is no answer. Also the older players lived a system where having balls was a good thing. We learned to simply ignore bad words. If someone in the school told you to go, and "f**k yourself", then we were told to ignore it. And not to go crying, and report to the teacher.
> [{quoted}](name=The Kombinator,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-09-02T13:17:09.491+0000) > > Also the older players lived a system where having balls was a good thing. We learned to simply ignore bad words. If someone in the school told you to go, and "f**k yourself", then we were told to ignore it. And not to go crying, and report to the teacher. No, older people in general grow up and treat people with respect and don't act like children. Please do not even try to talk for a demographic. That's anecdotal at best. I know plenty of older people and players who don't do anything like that because we know better and actually hold ourselves accountable for every word and action we say in life, like any sensible adult does.
8Belthazor8 (EUNE)
: Remove bench from ARAM
OP, by your standard of definitions, it would only be random if *all* champions were unlocked in the mode for all players. If you're going to be that strict on wording.
: TFT Very Fun Concept... Too many major issues already though...
I know this is going to come off as nitpicky, but please in the future try breaking up your thoughts a bit with paragraphs OP. I genuinely want to read your post, but the "wall of words" is more taxing on a person's vision/focus. I will say that i'd call them *pieces* or champions, not cards. This is very much not a CCG. I myself have lost a bit of enthusiasm for this mode due to the unoriginality of many just spamming assassin/ninja comps. Variety would be nice. Whether or not they're strong in specific elos is secondary in my mind. Obviously the higher up you go, more people are capable of adapting and overcoming it.
: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/eBazIgqN-arcade-2019-mission-list-and-dates should help you out
> [{quoted}](name=DaenrysTargaryen,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=tj5L49Bp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-22T03:06:44.999+0000) > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/eBazIgqN-arcade-2019-mission-list-and-dates should help you out They meant TFT missions. I don't see any information about TFT there.
Jinxalot (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=sheldonbunny,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9sx27Ukg,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T00:56:13.091+0000) > > Simply unlocking all champions in ranked would solve the aram account problem. Does the "ARAM account problem" mean bots?
> [{quoted}](name=Jinxalot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9sx27Ukg,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-22T01:08:26.717+0000) > > Does the "ARAM account problem" mean bots? ARAM accounts are accounts with a small pool of champions heavily desired and favored in the game mode. > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9sx27Ukg,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T01:00:57.371+0000) > > I agree, I wasn't trying to say that it's difficult or anything, just that Riot hasn't done it yet (for whatever reason.) I understood and wasn't trying to imply you were saying that. I'm guessing part of why they don't is people dodge heavily as is. I can only imagine the increase if all champions were unlocked. > [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9sx27Ukg,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-07-22T01:02:58.359+0000) > > Sheldon's post before mine resolves the problem of ARAM accounts. But, really, doesn't a player's available champion pool impact regular SR games, too? It's a positive for people who wish to do trades. If you meant a negative impact, i'm not thinking of one.
Hotarµ (NA)
: Until ARAM accounts are dealt with, ranked ARAM would be pointless. It would just boil down to whichever team has more of those accounts and who got the higher tier champions. Also, if the ARAM accounts were dealt with, I still don't think it would work just because ARAM is designed around being completely random. TFT has RNG elements but it's not _entirely_ designed around that randomness.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9sx27Ukg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-22T00:53:05.513+0000) > > Until ARAM accounts are dealt with, ranked ARAM would be pointless. It would just boil down to whichever team has more of those accounts and who got the higher tier champions. > > Also, if the ARAM accounts were dealt with, I still don't think it would work just because ARAM is designed around being completely random. TFT has RNG elements but it's not _entirely_ designed around that randomness. Simply unlocking all champions in ranked would solve the aram account problem.
Obsidion (NA)
: Is there any info about these TFT things?
By no means official, but off the top of my head, outside resources: Items: https://playtft.com/ Champion synergy: https://tft.lol/ Also look up Scarra's TFT cheat sheet. He did a great job working on it. I can't answer the rest, except if by voice you mean getting kicked if you lose while playing with a group, I was no longer being kicked today while I was doing it.
Toadwart (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=3ByZxAd0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-18T00:28:13.136+0000) > > /mute all works in chat. It doesnt mute their emotes, nor is it permanent
> [{quoted}](name=Toadwart,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=3ByZxAd0,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-07-18T05:34:27.833+0000) > > It doesnt mute their emotes, nor is it permanent Least the option is there.
: Getting kicked off of voice after dying in TFT?
I haven't been kicked since this new patch. Previously I was the moment I lost. So it appears they already took care of that feature.
: yes, go into howling abyss and walk into the LL it will block you like a champion instead of passing through it like a poro
> [{quoted}](name=aLawfulFalafel,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=nnVhrRH8,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T08:10:08.273+0000) > > yes, go into howling abyss and walk into the LL > it will block you like a champion instead of passing through it like a poro Never had that issue before. Sorry it happened with you.
: ..... it blocks you....it gets in your way, it prevents you from moving in the path you should be moving did...did you read my rant? cuz it talks about the LL blocking and causing your champ to dance left and right as they decide which direction they should pick to simply walk around something that shouldnt be in the way in the first place its worse than minion block for some reason, its like a teemo sized area you can walk in for no reason other than because the LL is standing there
> [{quoted}](name=aLawfulFalafel,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=nnVhrRH8,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-17T23:52:06.768+0000) > > ..... > > it blocks you....it gets in your way, it prevents you from moving in the path you should be moving > > did...did you read my rant? cuz it talks about the LL blocking and causing your champ to dance left and right as they decide which direction they should pick to simply walk around something that shouldnt be in the way in the first place > > its worse than minion block for some reason, its like a teemo sized area you can walk in for no reason other than because the LL is standing there That's very odd. Not seen or heard of it yet. Is it something you can repeat over and over?
: the purpose of little legends :
How does a LL get you killed in ARAM? Hiding in a bush or something?
: yup the silverwing. cmon its literally a cute little discount chocobo <3
> [{quoted}](name=Jennifer420,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=a3jcslx9,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-17T06:19:03.206+0000) > > yup the silverwing. cmon its literally a cute little discount chocobo <3 Discount implies lesser in some form. I like both, so i'd never describe it as "discount." Plus only the yellow skin really makes it look remotely like the traditional chocobo.
: TFT Free Little Legend
Thank you to everyone responding. Is it just me or does it just feel like a cashgrab from Riot to make people wait a week, in hopes people will be impatient and just spend RP?
: I believe you'll get a free one when missions are implemented next week. Although don't quote me on that, that is just my guess.
> [{quoted}](name=Duchess Katarina,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=YNJOn4yl,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-26T18:29:09.873+0000) > > I believe you'll get a free one when missions are implemented next week. Although don't quote me on that, that is just my guess. I really hope that is the case. Just makes me want to wait until then.
: looks like the whole screen with the quests and stuff isnt there yet, might have to wait a bit
> [{quoted}](name=DartExplosion10,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=YNJOn4yl,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-26T18:15:48.035+0000) > > looks like the whole screen with the quests and stuff isnt there yet, might have to wait a bit So there is a quest screen in the same mode itself? Or do you meant the usual quest system they have setup in the client itself at the bottom right corner? Sorry for silly questions if they are.
Comentários de Rioters
: Yea not many people actully main support so it gets auto filled a lot
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosLordMadis,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A3wil9L8,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T18:58:50.864+0000) > > Yea not many people actully main support so it gets auto filled a lot I'm not sure about in your region, but NA has plenty of support mains. My only suggestion is if you find a random support ingame you do well with, see if they're interested in duoing.
: > [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3N6tQeyu,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-06-10T18:35:30.261+0000) > > Yeah, but then people will finish the missions for it and the player count will go down and it'll be cancelled as a result No that was just bad frustrating annoying game mode Nexus Blitz.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3N6tQeyu,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T19:13:44.118+0000) > > No that was just bad frustrating annoying game mode Nexus Blitz. Except a lot of people actually enjoyed it. Same way that bans made ARAM healthier. But why do things that makes any sense? Riot likes making poor choices when they feel like it.
: Stop playing AP Malphite/AP Shyvana on ARAM
Except i've seen both carry on summoner's rift, so yeah, you might not like it, but it'll keep happening. Plus how dare you forgot AP Mao. :P
: Riot: So you guys like Nexus Blitz?
Or it's the fact Riot burned people out on Nexus Blitz *due* to the missions. The playerbase was there long before the missions started. The demand was there, Riot simply isn't known for their common sense. Dynamic queue being the number one example, as well as the champion reverts. As for ARAM, they've continually caused more harm in that mode than actual good.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=sheldonbunny,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UE7xWpcy,comment-id=0009000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T17:49:02.154+0000) > > That is a money issue. Either you spread an already tight team thin by having two sources they have to look over, which means quality and turn over goes down, or you hire more employees. Enough people have left the game over support, it would increase that. That's still a negative in their profits either way. > > As for google/youtube...people have been giving crap over YouTube for years now. Not exactly the best example. On top of the fact that requires them spending *more* money to use it. Companies don't give things to others for free. > > And where is the profit at the end of the day? This feature has to *make* money to be worth the effort. The game has existed this long without it and remained equally as competitive as all the games mentioned with voice chat. It would only cost them more money if they hired more people to handle the load. Allocating current resources to it does not increase cost, given they were already performing that task. Yes, obtaining the system from google would cost money, that was a separate aside. And, real talk, people only complain about youtube because they dont understand the backend legal issues youtube has to deal with. If it werent for the automated system, there wouldnt even be a youtube. Their systems work extremely well, and are more accurate than a cop is with their weapon.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UE7xWpcy,comment-id=00090000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T18:21:29.197+0000) > > It would only cost them more money if they hired more people to handle the load. Allocating current resources to it does not increase cost, given they were already performing that task. > > Yes, obtaining the system from google would cost money, that was a separate aside. And, real talk, people only complain about youtube because they dont understand the backend legal issues youtube has to deal with. If it werent for the automated system, there wouldnt even be a youtube. Their systems work extremely well, and are more accurate than a cop is with their weapon. And you expect the turnover rate to not suffer in the process? People complain as is over all the support departments so you suggest stretching the team thin even more? I feel like you're missing some basic points here. There is finite time and energy in a day to be used. You are expecting people to take on either two jobs instead of one, or halfing the department. Either way quality, as well as morale goes down. Unless you simply don't care about QoL for employees as long as the customer is "happy." And no, people are complaining at the nanny state youtube is in at this point, as well as copyright owners themselves having their videos demonetized because their system is outright flawed.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=sheldonbunny,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UE7xWpcy,comment-id=00090000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T17:36:13.063+0000) > > And with the size of the community the backlog would only increase. Plus you'd be pulling away from the employees tasked with the text chat which still would need monitoring. That isn't exactly sound business practice. Yes, but again, thats not really a money issue. Though i guess they /could/ have talks with google for their voice monitoring systems they use for youtube...
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UE7xWpcy,comment-id=000900000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T17:42:12.690+0000) > > Yes, but again, thats not really a money issue. Though i guess they /could/ have talks with google for their voice monitoring systems they use for youtube... That is a money issue. Either you spread an already tight team thin by having two sources they have to look over, which means quality and turn over goes down, or you hire more employees. Enough people have left the game over support, it would increase that. That's still a negative in their profits either way. As for google/youtube...people have been giving crap over YouTube for years now. Not exactly the best example. On top of the fact that requires them spending *more* money to use it. Companies don't give things to others for free. And where is the profit at the end of the day? This feature has to *make* money to be worth the effort. The game has existed this long without it and remained equally as competitive as all the games mentioned with voice chat.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=sheldonbunny,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UE7xWpcy,comment-id=000900000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T17:12:18.164+0000) > > Actually it would. They would need more employees to comb through the logs, plus as said storage space for said logs. And what is the profit from it? They gain no additional profits for adding universal voice chat. They are only in the negative. On top of the fact they will lose players due to the direct personal toxicity that comes from voice instead of the barrier of a more toneless text. > > Things are a lot different when you have a more personal, direct access to one another. People get far more emotional hearing words than simply reading them. They wouldnt need more employees for it, it would just create a backlog. Hiring more employees would be a trap, given youd just be unable to keep up.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UE7xWpcy,comment-id=0009000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T17:27:30.443+0000) > > They wouldnt need more employees for it, it would just create a backlog. Hiring more employees would be a trap, given youd just be unable to keep up. And with the size of the community the backlog would only increase. Plus you'd be pulling away from the employees tasked with the text chat which still would need monitoring. That isn't exactly sound business practice.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=sheldonbunny,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UE7xWpcy,comment-id=0009000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T17:04:09.337+0000) > > It would cost them because they have to record all games which costs money to store, then employees to systematically go through because an automated service will miss too much. > > I'm guessing you didn't read through all the posts since it was mentioned several times. That wouldnt really cost them more, it would just expand the backlog exponentially.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UE7xWpcy,comment-id=00090000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T17:08:18.526+0000) > > That wouldnt really cost them more, it would just expand the backlog exponentially. Actually it would. They would need more employees to comb through the logs, plus as said storage space for said logs. And what is the profit from it? They gain no additional profits for adding universal voice chat. They are only in the negative. On top of the fact they will lose players due to the direct personal toxicity that comes from voice instead of the barrier of a more toneless text. Things are a lot different when you have a more personal, direct access to one another. People get far more emotional hearing words than simply reading them.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=sheldonbunny,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UE7xWpcy,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-06-10T16:50:34.892+0000) > > OP seems to not be replying to all these posts mentioning this so far. The amount of resources and man hours needed will take money from Riot, not give them more. > > Biggest reason this won't happen? It's not profitable. They're a business. All their decisions are about their bottom line. New champs, modes, skins...all lead to increased profits. Show me the hard data on multiplayer games adding in voice chat and the exponential increase in profits. > > Anything less than them getting recordings to keep the playerbase in check is irresponsible on their part, and as much as people complain over the automated *text* chat system, they would doubly so over an audio one. Which means more employees tasked to look over recordings. It wouldnt cost them much to implement, given vc is already in league. Its moreso the customer base doesnt actually want to talk to randoms. Ive played enough CoD to know i sure as shit dont wanna talk to any of yall unless i know you first.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UE7xWpcy,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T16:53:49.497+0000) > > It wouldnt cost them much to implement, given vc is already in league. Its moreso the customer base doesnt actually want to talk to randoms. Ive played enough CoD to know i sure as shit dont wanna talk to any of yall unless i know you first. It would cost them because they have to record all games which costs money to store, then employees to systematically go through because an automated service will miss too much. I'm guessing you didn't read through all the posts since it was mentioned several times.
Pika Fox (NA)
: Because voice chat is harder to police than text chat, and would up the toxicity. You cant just add a new report for "voice chat", the only way for text chat to get dealt with due to the sheer size of the playerbase is with automation. You cannot easily and effectively moderate voice chat with automation.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UE7xWpcy,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-06-10T16:42:59.426+0000) > > Because voice chat is harder to police than text chat, and would up the toxicity. > > You cant just add a new report for "voice chat", the only way for text chat to get dealt with due to the sheer size of the playerbase is with automation. You cannot easily and effectively moderate voice chat with automation. OP seems to not be replying to all these posts mentioning this so far. The amount of resources and man hours needed will take money from Riot, not give them more. Biggest reason this won't happen? It's not profitable. They're a business. All their decisions are about their bottom line. New champs, modes, skins...all lead to increased profits. Show me the hard data on multiplayer games adding in voice chat and the exponential increase in profits. Anything less than them getting recordings to keep the playerbase in check is irresponsible on their part, and as much as people complain over the automated *text* chat system, they would doubly so over an audio one. Which means more employees tasked to look over recordings.
Mowgli IV (EUNE)
: There is already "Hate speech (Sexism) option in report bar, don't see reason why wouldn't you just report them, yeah I can see the obvious reason you want to hide your gender, but still, not inplementing feature just because someone want to hide their gender, i don't know how to express myself, so I won't, but let's just say that there is no sexism problem in Dota 2 even though this MOBA game has voice chat for past 6years. If there would be problem about this, it would disapear with first big wave of bans. Also I forgot to mention that this feature should be added for Ranked games only.
> [{quoted}](name=DjapeFromSerbia,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UE7xWpcy,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-06-10T15:59:58.982+0000) > > There is already "Hate speech (Sexism) option in report bar, don't see reason why wouldn't you just report them, yeah I can see the obvious reason you want to hide your gender, but still, not inplementing feature just because someone want to hide their gender, i don't know how to express myself, so I won't, but let's just say that there is no sexism problem in Dota 2 even though this MOBA game has voice chat for past 6years. > If there would be problem about this, it would disapear with first big wave of bans. Also I forgot to mention that this feature should be added for Ranked games only. Except in every multiplayer game there's sexism. That's humanity. A report function does not stop a person from getting abused. And it hasn't disappeared in DOTA or anywhere else. Considering the majority is still male, most aren't exactly aware of this issue to begin with. They aren't the ones directly affected by it, and only know it at second hand information at best. Additionally there's the being hit on part, or the overly sensitive/over protective bit that also can happen. Any of those are not what females want. They want to play a game, not be belittled/catered to. Your anecdotal evidence on other games is not the same because you'd have to be directly polling all female players in every game and extrapolating the data. Simple answer, it saves women a big headache by simply not dealing with it to begin with. Typing and pings are perfectly fine communication tools. In all honesty, pings are enough and have been proven that time and again. > [{quoted}](name=DjapeFromSerbia,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UE7xWpcy,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-06-10T16:14:46.890+0000) > > I will actually disagree on this one. It's in human nature to be more friendly to people if you are in voice communication. Yeah there would be some instances of people simply not controling their emotions, but personally I think that it happends really rarely. I forgot to mention that while I was playing online tournamets I played with 500 different persons and none of them was toxic AT ALL, so yeah, I just can't see the world in which you can understand someone more if they are typing to you instead of talking to you. > Last thing, is that just becuase someone is tilted, even asking them if enemy used summoners or anything like that, people get mad and start arguement that never ends... No, it's human nature to avoid a more personal direct conflict. You're reading the situation all wrong. There's more personal conflict in hearing voices than toneless text. As was already mentioned you're going off off anecdotes on tournaments that have nothing to do with solo queue. Completely different situations. Tournaments are monitored far more strictly.
Mowgli IV (EUNE)
: Why is there no Voice chat already in game?
More food for thought, I feel that the barrier between typing and speaking in some ways protects players. If someone gets stressed or upset, we often are quick to say something out loud. With typing, it takes added effort, thought, and intent. Let's admit it, we're all a bit more salty out loud than we are in chat. It's a safe place to vent without hurting teammates or morale. Emotions are a natural thing, and creating no ability to let off steam during game sounds like a recipe for disaster. By no means am I saying anyone should be toxic to the other. I've always maintained people use self control. I simply understand the nature of the beast, as it were, and know that the instinct to say things aloud is built into us at an early age.
Mowgli IV (EUNE)
: Why is there no Voice chat already in game?
Left out one obvious one that sadly still exists in online gaming. Sexism. Plenty of women enjoy their ability to be genderless without having to deal with the usual issues of being female. Is it the majority of men? Thankfully no, but there are still enough out there to make it not worth it to plenty of women. That said, I think it's a useful communication tool, but feel like it'll be harder to keep track of toxicity issues. Recording 10 people a game so they can reference back sounds like a hell of a lot of resources and without that i'm unclear how they can make sure people don't simply use voice to get around Riot's ToS and policies.
: The game was pretty bad. EDIT: Also its an Uwe Boll movie. We don't like those.
> [{quoted}](name=Ðeath XIII,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kLnOi8O0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-31T05:44:23.352+0000) > > The game was pretty bad. > > EDIT: Also its an Uwe Boll movie. We don't like those. It's a game series, not just one game. And the series is the grandfather of horror besides Sweet Home, and the original Clock Tower on SNES. The series is actually a fairly beloved cult classic. If you mean the final game that released in 2015, that was universally panned yes. Personally I enjoyed the 2008 games for all its flaws.
: I watched "Alone in the Dark" - one of the worst movies ever - last week.
Personally I prefer the original cut to the director cut of the film. The difference is director cut out Tera Reid's scenes a bunch. Now she might not be the best actress according to some people, but I enjoyed the movie better without scenes cut period. That said, i'm also a horror game/film junky, so the film is b class, but I liked it well enough. I also enjoy the game series.
: Originally a mid laner: {{champion:1}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:143}} {{champion:3}} Originally ADCs: {{champion:21}} Originally top laners: {{champion:223}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:98}} Originally Junglers: {{champion:111}} {{champion:79}} (?) I'm prob missing a few, but these are all champs that were designed originally for different roles and ended up in the support role. That's not even including all the champs that were designed for roles they don't occupy. Many of the supports listed above are still supports, in fact, most of them are. The "original" design of a champion for a role shouldn't have a barring on where the champion gets taken in a VGU. If the champion is completely unsuccessful at EVERYTHING and barely ever played (like pre rework Galio) then it's justified to revamp expectations. But Fiddle has been a support for a very long time, his pick/ban is good and so is his winrate. His gameplay is old and outdated, but his role isn't.
> [{quoted}](name=NTrumpWeTrust,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=taO0Nwlk,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-31T04:43:20.055+0000) > If the champion is completely unsuccessful at EVERYTHING and barely ever played (like pre rework Galio) then it's justified to revamp expectations. Except pre rework Galio wasn't unsuccessful. He had high winrates with a low play rate. In other words, those who got off their backsides and played him did well. You had a few good points until right here.
Jamlance (NA)
: THOUGHTS ON RIOT BANS AND PUNISHMENTS
First, if you feel emotional, do not type in chat. Yell outloud if you must to get the frustration out, but do not start typing. That alone will help a great deal. Remind yourself that this is just a game. It's meant to be fun first and foremost. People get too caught up in being competitive to remember this point. Games are meant for enjoyment, not to be unkind to one another. Sometimes you will have people intentionally trying to get reactions out of you. Do your best to ignore them, whether it's them typing away in chat, spamming pings/emotes, etc. Whether that involves muting them in game is up to your judgement. It helps some people.
Exibir mais

sheldonbunny

Nível 222 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão