Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
Jamaree (NA)
: Then why not go play DOTA?
Isn't that was rednecks say when you criticize national problems? "if you don't like it, move to Canada!" That argument makes about as much sense here.
Comentários de Rioters
: Speaking of winning games as Aurelion Sol, just a while back from now the player Quantum Fizzics played made an account an played 96 games to get from unranked to Diamond 4, what made this interesting is that he won 95 of the 96 games (Also some times it takes a few minutes to load tokens, I completed the get 30 kills mission and it took 6 minutes of me just waiting there to get 15 tokens and then I could buy a champ shard, sell it and buy kennen)
I did it two days ago though....
Comentários de Rioters
: > [{quoted}](name=stanjer123,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5qzvVOJ5,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-05-02T00:23:10.464+0000) > > This is part of my frustration as well. What kind of world is it when people consider words on the internet more detrimental to the way real people are treated in their real world work environments? I've never understood this logic. Scenario A is worse than Scenario B so we should ignore Scenario B even if it can be addressed. Which is basically what your post is about. Complaining about Riot working on player behavior when they have potentially worse behavior in-house. They aren't mutually exclusive though.
> [{quoted}](name=Hazy Shade,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5qzvVOJ5,comment-id=000800000001,timestamp=2019-05-03T09:42:43.516+0000) > > I've never understood this logic. > > Scenario A is worse than Scenario B so we should ignore Scenario B even if it can be addressed. > > Which is basically what your post is about. Complaining about Riot working on player behavior when they have potentially worse behavior in-house. > > They aren't mutually exclusive though. I agree with you, in that one offense does not justify another. However, hypocrisy is a thing, and unless you're arguing that hypocrisy is a good thing, then I'm not sure of your point. I did not say that toxic things in game should not be addressed, I'm simply stating that this company has prided itself on it's progressive and compassionate values, even to the point of having a no tolerance against words that MIGHT cause offense in a video game. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm saying if you're preaching that while you're intentionally committing illegal sexist crimes, then you're a hypocrite.
SirHydro (NA)
: I think it's hillarious the way they treat the players, and how the mods act on the boards. Yet they can't even clean up their own house! Ah hahah. Fix the shit in your own backyard before you try to police others.{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
> [{quoted}](name=SirHydro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5qzvVOJ5,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-05-02T00:05:43.804+0000) > > I think it's hillarious the way they treat the players, and how the mods act on the boards. Yet they can't even clean up their own house! Ah hahah. Fix the shit in your own backyard before you try to police others.{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} This is part of my frustration as well. What kind of world is it when people consider words on the internet more detrimental to the way real people are treated in their real world work environments?
: > [{quoted}](name=stanjer123,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5qzvVOJ5,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-05-01T21:40:09.472+0000) > > Agreed that a lot of these things are messy with a lot of double standards across the board. I don't think we can fix the sociological issues regarding race and sex here, or that Riot can do so at their company. > > However, to reiterate, if people are being illegally discriminated against, then they ought to have justice, even if their own ideals aren't entirely consistent. This is determined by allowing them their day to prove their case. > > It's possible this is nonsense and Riot has nothing to be sorry for, but it's also possible Riot has engaged in illegal acts and employees are owed compensation. Either way, it neither looks good, nor is good, that Riot is attempting to suppress their employees ability to have that day in court. Alternatively Riot could be completely innocent and trying to save their company from further dirt on their name. I refuse to say they are guilty based on allegations alone. There needs to be an official law enforcement investigation into these sorts of things where the rights of the accused are respected as well. When it comes to big issues like these, one side is always trying to cover up their shit and make themselves look like the true victim. I want to see the actual guilty party be punished whether it's Riot having been proven to abuse it's workers and discriminate, or the accusers making shit up to get attention, money, and status. I want justice done, not mob justice based on Twitter slacktivism.
> [{quoted}](name=Düff McWhalen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5qzvVOJ5,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-05-01T22:25:21.447+0000) > > Alternatively Riot could be completely innocent and trying to save their company from further dirt on their name. I refuse to say they are guilty based on allegations alone. There needs to be an official law enforcement investigation into these sorts of things where the rights of the accused are respected as well. > > When it comes to big issues like these, one side is always trying to cover up their shit and make themselves look like the true victim. I want to see the actual guilty party be punished whether it's Riot having been proven to abuse it's workers and discriminate, or the accusers making shit up to get attention, money, and status. I want justice done, not mob justice based on Twitter slacktivism. The accusers have not tried to publicize it (to my knowledge) but have filed a law suit so it could be heard in a court of law. This is the means of handling these kinds of things so truth can be heard. Riot has been the one motioning to keep it out of the courts. The official law enforcement protocol is the courts in matters like this, and that is what the employees are trying to do, and what Riot is trying to keep from happening. That doesn't mean riot is guilty, but it does put them on the wrong side of justice.
: Hard to stand for Riot employees when Riot employees and reps wont stand for me in the name of consistency. Anyone who sides with the sjw narrative is a hypocrite. They claim misogyny then they support TV shows, music, movies, or spend their time in clubs that truly and blatantly commit these offenses out in the open by spending time and money on them. In many instances, women prefer men capable of misogyny in these types of environments unironically. The entire industry including the employees need to look in the mirror. It is time for people to start being more self aware and honest with themselves. They also need to learn to disagree with people without trying to enforce their narratives on everyone else. Also, not outrage when people disagree with them. Just chill out and move on while recognizing that most places in the world are more sensible than California politics :)
> [{quoted}](name=Pandemic Punch,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5qzvVOJ5,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-05-01T20:52:23.288+0000) > > Hard to stand for Riot employees when Riot employees and reps wont stand for me in the name of consistency. > > Anyone who sides with the sjw narrative is a hypocrite. They claim misogyny then they support TV shows, music, movies, or spend their time in clubs that truly and blatantly commit these offenses out in the open by spending time and money on them. In many instances, women prefer men capable of misogyny in these types of environments unironically. > > The entire industry including the employees need to look in the mirror. It is time for people to start being more self aware and honest with themselves. They also need to learn to disagree with people without trying to enforce their narratives on everyone else. Also, not outrage when people disagree with them. Just chill out and move on while recognizing that most places in the world are more sensible than California politics :) Agreed that a lot of these things are messy with a lot of double standards across the board. I don't think we can fix the sociological issues regarding race and sex here, or that Riot can do so at their company. However, to reiterate, if people are being illegally discriminated against, then they ought to have justice, even if their own ideals aren't entirely consistent. This is determined by allowing them their day to prove their case. It's possible this is nonsense and Riot has nothing to be sorry for, but it's also possible Riot has engaged in illegal acts and employees are owed compensation. Either way, it neither looks good, nor is good, that Riot is attempting to suppress their employees ability to have that day in court.
: Man, someone needs to actually go work at Riot and record this kinda stuff because that'd make the case a lot easier to make.
> [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5qzvVOJ5,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-05-01T20:38:27.682+0000) > > Man, someone needs to actually go work at Riot and record this kinda stuff because that'd make the case a lot easier to make. I'm not sure making the case is the issue, but I'm not sure. The issue they face now is that Riot has done what many corporations do, and have employees sign a release of their right to sue in lieu of internal arbitration. It keeps them quiet and ensures Riot can't be publicly held accountable. The issue is even being able to get these things into a court to prove them in the first place.
: > [{quoted}](name=stanjer123,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5qzvVOJ5,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-01T19:51:23.827+0000) > > Possibly. My purpose is not to compare the relative evil of different corporations, but to stand behind these particular employees trying to stand up against this particular one. Change has to start somewhere. Right, and im standing behind them too. Its just if people equate the game being bad because of this, then they need to rethink what they are saying. League's issues pale to issues in games like Anthem, Apex, Fortnite, you name it. Creatively is where their issues exceed the threshold. They need to do more work to help content creators, especially the replay system. Shit's audio keeps breaking I get multiple ults on Pyke in the same area at least twice. Keeps ruining some sweet penta moments. Sure, off topic, but felt like putting that out there since this is general discussion.
> [{quoted}](name=Ragnaveil,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5qzvVOJ5,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-01T20:06:13.414+0000) > > Right, and im standing behind them too. Its just if people equate the game being bad because of this, then they need to rethink what they are saying. League's issues pale to issues in games like Anthem, Apex, Fortnite, you name it. Creatively is where their issues exceed the threshold. They need to do more work to help content creators, especially the replay system. Shit's audio keeps breaking I get multiple ults on Pyke in the same area at least twice. Keeps ruining some sweet penta moments. Sure, off topic, but felt like putting that out there since this is general discussion. For sure, and I couldn't agree more on that. There's a lot of other issues with Riot and why the direction of the game seems to turn worse, or advance at such a slow rate. But that's just a video game at the end of the day. These are peoples lives, their employment, and the circumstances they must endure on a daily basis. I understand without the game being fun and successful, they don't have the jobs to begin with, but that doesn't mean we ought to elevate that above the treatment of human beings.
: would be cool if you were telling us what actually happened and not some 3rd wave feminist dreamscape the COO walks around farting on people and nut checking them and it trickles down and people act like idiots there, making it uncomfortable for people
> [{quoted}](name=Enjoy Losing,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5qzvVOJ5,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-01T19:57:22.154+0000) > > would be cool if you were telling us what actually happened and not some 3rd wave feminist dreamscape > > the COO walks around farting on people and nut checking them and it trickles down and people act like idiots there, making it uncomfortable for people I'm not at all a defender of the new wave of feminism that seems to take offense at everything. However, the allegations here are actual discrimination, and illegal wage gender discrimination. That's not new-age, neo liberal silliness, that's flat out unethical, wrong, and illegal.
: I know this stuff is terrible as it stands, but at least they ain't as scummy as EA or Activision. Good people losing jobs because they cant make exciting games their base wants because all the higher ups and their investors want is shit that gives them the most money. This is much easier to fix than those issues for those companies. Its just the effort needs to be put in.
> [{quoted}](name=Ragnaveil,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5qzvVOJ5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-01T19:42:29.797+0000) > > I know this stuff is terrible as it stands, but at least they ain't as scummy as EA or Activision. Good people losing jobs because they cant make exciting games their base wants because all the higher ups and their investors want is shit that gives them the most money. Possibly. My purpose is not to compare the relative evil of different corporations, but to stand behind these particular employees trying to stand up against this particular one. Change has to start somewhere.
Comentários de Rioters
Fízz v2 (EUW)
: Not gonna act like this is true because i dont know, but... It would be quite ironic considering that Riot did some very SJW-y stuff like not allowing men at an event or punishing pro players for banning supports against a team of mostly support mains xd
Well, if it wasn't true, why would they be fighting so hard to keep it out of court? That's not legal proof, but it is interesting. Of course, we don't know until justice has it's day, but the employees should at least be afforded that much.
Ludicol0 (NA)
: the wage gap isn't real
The allegation is that Riot games illegally paid women less than their male counterparts. Regardless if you believe it happens systemically in America or not, it is illegal, and it is the allegation against the company.
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
Draehl (NA)
: Agreed on your point for sure- its tends to be such a dichotomy of OP or useless in most cases. What are your thoughts on the usefulness of tank items for non-tanks? I played a lot until early season 5 so am definitely speaking from those days as a point of reference. Back I often played Bard as more of an offtank, forsaking damage/healing in order to play a little more aggro and get better stun angles, etc. Now if you're not a tank building those kind of items seems to have minimal effect on survivability. It's almost like Riot is giving the finger to people who don't like burst damage.
I agree. I think it also opens up builds like that for anyone with utility in their kit to forego damage to and utilize their utility in a tankier way. If tank items, and base damages, don't create burst damage, then being able to tank is not a toxic balance element. the issue with tanks was always that they were also doing too much damage while tanking. the actual tank aspects weren't really the issue.
Comentários de Rioters
Comentários de Rioters
King Lego (EUNE)
: Here i am, watching this game rotting to its core.
I'm not entirely sure what I just read, but it sure was a wild ride. I will say this though, you might be suffering from mental illness. I would advise seeing a doctor, just in case.
rujitra (NA)
: What statistics are you basing this on that it’s “thousands” compared to “one”?
You think it's reasonable to assume it's more likely for someone to do well with a champion they've never played than it is to assume they'll do poorly? Are you really trying to argue that point? If that level of basic logic escapes people, then I don't even know where to start with this. You are more likely to be bad at something, than good, the first time you do it. That's just a pretty universal truth.
: Is it just me ...
What riot and the riot knob gobblers will say is "yes, it is just you, you are delusional or lying, your chances of having a troll or inter is 1,000,00:1" Their stance is to simply deny the existence of trolls so they don't have to address it, and then ban anyone who says even the slightest thing "unfriendly". So this is what you get, nobody takes their frustration out in chat, they just int.
: Are we gonna do something about champ select trolls
Riot simply doesn't value your time enough to do anything. Their times is devoted to their $200 skin line, so they can waste your time AND ask for exorbitant amounts of money
rujitra (NA)
: Why punish the people with PBE access who tested the champion out, or those who are fast learners?
Yes, why save thousands of games from being trolled so that the one person who has pbe can play a new champ in ranked. Makes sense. A society where the majority has to suffer for the minority triumphs again
: mate if u are here just to say something or be the good boy just don't, you know what I mean and picking a champ that u don't know is inting in my eyes. bad games happen and people with brain will notice if one is having a bad one or inting. and btw the point u made isn't the issue here so read again the post and than write if u have something else to say. just don't repeat yourself :)
This dialogue always breaks down because Riot and part of the community think its only inting if you are running down mid twenty time in a row, and people with brains know that intentionally doing things that you know will lose the game is inting. Give up, they are never going to see the logic.
: "level 0 after I had just reached lvl 2 a few days ago" Said it once, I'll say it again. The system gives you ZERO incentive to turn your behavior around. You were punished once before, which means once a criminal ALWAYS a criminal. That account is ruined. Any further slip ups? Your boned. You have a "history". So do what I do. Just make a new account... dont get mad, dont rage, dont be toxic. This is your new "good" account. If you do get mad, take out your stress with this "bad account". Eventually it might get banned, but who cares; you have your other account you care about. The best part is, you'll be earning rewards and skins MONTHS faster than if you tried to turn it around. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
You can downvote this, but it's exactly what all high elo players do. Whenever they go on tilt, they log on a smurf and dick around, troll, and rage, with no fucks given.
: "dOn'T fIrSt TiMe NeW cHaMpS iN rAnKeD"
This is why the boards aren't taken seriously.
Vekkna (NA)
: >I partly blame the VGU team for this mess. I actually agree with this, though for slightly different reasons. The broader issue, I think, is that reworks have had very little fidelity to the original. Using movie analogies, we started with Eartha Kitt Catwoman, hoped for Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman, and ended up with fucking Halle Berry "Catwoman." That applies to both champ update gameplay *and* many popular skins. Examples: {{champion:84}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:114}} That's not to say that all of those were failures. I think several are pretty well-regarded for either gameplay or visual reasons. Either way, they all served to alienate dedicated players of the older versions, if for no other reason than the sheer scope of change. This is largely a self-inflicted wound. For example, there was no real reason to make such drastic change to Evelynn's ratios and default costume, or totally change Karma's thematic, reinvent so many of Irelia's skins, or make such drastic gameplay changes to Galio, GP, Morde, Skarner, Aatrox, Quinn, etc. Riot has attempted to reinvent these characters instead of refining them, and the players are less concerned with the quality of the end product than they are with the familiarity of it. Obviously I don't have any data to support this, but I would expect this to cause player churn that adds up over time.
This is really an excellent point. I really enjoyed old galio, karma, swain, and poppy. None of them devastated me when they were changed, but it did bum me out a little, and I pretty much don't play any of them anymore. not because I dislike them now exactly, but more because I miss what they were.
: > [{quoted}](name=stanjer123,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VIyUpzOf,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-06T22:03:33.455+0000) > > I partly agree, however I place the responsibility on Riot to monitor their own community. That's the responsibility you inherit by creating an exclusively team based online game. If they can't manage to do the slightest bit of ANYTHING to stop people from feeding, throwing, and trying to lose game, then it's their own fault. > > either way, it's their game, their profits, and their responsibility. You can try to defend them all you want, but the players will get another game, and Riot will be the one's paying the bill. Sorry but no, it's not their responsibility at all. Nobody here is a 5 year old that requires constant adult supervision. The most their responsible for is kicking people out... which they do. Nothing is preventing them from creating a new account since the game is free and getting a new email is the easiest thing in the world to do. So then you have to do stuff that quite a few people just flat out won't do. Riot has done everything they can. If you have a way to prevent people from being toxic douches I'm pretty sure that not only riot but every single company in existence would want to hear what you have to say.
lol, if I open a pizza shop, and people come in and shit on the floor while customers are trying to eat. You can blame the people shitting on the floor, and I don't argue that, but guess what, if the pizza shop doesn't prevent it, they won't have any customers. So, in that way, it becomes their responsibility. I think your issue is your conflating responsibility with guilt. They are not at fault for what other players do, but it becomes their responsibility to do something about it if they want customers to pay them for their product.
Jaspers (EUW)
: Tell you one thing, Tencent are very happy people, looking at that list.
And I suppose that's why in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter at all.
: > [{quoted}](name=stanjer123,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AlorjAkE,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-06T22:15:25.583+0000) > > They could: > > - allow a limited tribunal that only dealt with cases where the automatic system caught multiple offenders per game. This allows context in just these cases, but doesn't bring most cases before it so it gets backed up. And lets get real, they discontinued it because they didn't want to compensate players enough for their time. Let's be real, it was discontinued because the backlog was ever increasing to the point where, even with rewards, people were getting punished for games several months before the punishment. > - Let you know EVERY time someone is banned that you played with. This change alone would at least give players the satisfaction to know that justice has been served. Right now, it's so infrequent that it might as well not exist at all. Privacy is a thing too. You have no business knowing what goes on between Riot and another player. > - Reimburse MMR to players where a teammate was banned. They claim this is abusable, but that's ridiculous. You would have to duo with someone that was willing to level an account just to save you the MMR loss once or twice by getting banned for you. There are duos that literally create a smurf that they have no intention of keeping just so they can carry someone for a few rounds. > - Maybe as a lesser version of the last point - give players a small amount of RP when they've been provably trolled to compensate them for their time, like a caring company would do when their service is ruined. I have yet to see **any** game compensate someone for getting trolled. Not a one. Getting trolled is the fault of the troll, not the company. > I could list dozens of suggestions off the top of my head, and nobody is even paying me 200k a year to do it. You really think they deeply and seriously care about these things and literally can't come up with ANYTHING? I can list dozens of suggestions as well. I could also list plenty of reasons why I think those suggestions are bad.
- Per tribunal, that's why I would propose both a limited use of it, and a greater incentive to vote in it. - I don't get the privacy aspect. These aren't peoples personal information, or even related to their names. These a virtual accounts that are being punished. We don't protect real people's identities in crimes, why in the world would we demand that virtual ones be protected? silly - Very few games have an environment that puts its players at the mercy of a troll for 30-40 min straight. I can't even think of a game other than mobas that have such an environment. However, with a game designed to be exclusively online and team based, it is their responsibility to monitor that. This is why every sports league has referees. Once again, silly - you can find a pro and con to everything, especially if you're willing to be as illogical as you have been with the ones listed here. But you honestly feel good about saying that if you had a team of six figure income personnel, you couldn't come up with ANYTHING better?
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=stanjer123,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AlorjAkE,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-06T22:15:25.583+0000) > > They could: > > - allow a limited tribunal that only dealt with cases where the automatic system caught multiple offenders per game. This allows context in just these cases, but doesn't bring most cases before it so it gets backed up. And lets get real, they discontinued it because they didn't want to compensate players enough for their time. They discontinued it because punishments slowed to a crawl, we saw this, they reported this and they did give compensation and they don’t give more for the same reason they don’t give more when it comes to thing like jury duty. Give too much and people will just say guilty for the sake of getting their money fast. > - Let you know EVERY time someone is banned that you played with. This change alone would at least give players the satisfaction to know that justice has been served. Right now, it's so infrequent that it might as well not exist at all. I agree with this though. > - Reimburse MMR to players where a teammate was banned. They claim this is abusable, but that's ridiculous. You would have to duo with someone that was willing to level an account just to save you the MMR loss once or twice by getting banned for you. Or just report everyone in the game you lose even when they aren’t toxic hoping to get them punished and your mmr reimbursed. > - Maybe as a lesser version of the last point - give players a small amount of RP when they've been provably trolled to compensate them for their time, like a caring company would do when their service is ruined. Technically you already get that with the honor system. > I could list dozens of suggestions off the top of my head, and nobody is even paying me 200k a year to do it. You really think they deeply and seriously care about these things and literally can't come up with ANYTHING? Yes because it hurts their business as long as trolls are here?
- Tribunal and reporting people falsely. The simply fix for your issue with both solutions is to remove their ability to participate in either if they abuse the system. Tribunal used to tell you if your verdict matched the average player. They could use that metric to determine if you're a fit to be used in tribunal at all. for reports, they can simply remove your ability to report people for a time if you're just reporting people falsely continuously. They've already claimed that people that do so have less merit to their reports anyway. - The honor system doesn't compensate you for being trolled, it rewards you for not being toxic. While, that is a good thought, it pretty unrelated. So far, it has not hurt their business to have trolls. from the beginning, they didn't put much effort into trying to manage trolling players, and 2017 became their biggest year. I'm sure, business wise, they do not see a correlation between trolls and profit. Maybe, since 2018 was so atrocious for them revenue wise, they might reevaluate that, but it doesn't appear so at this time.
: > [{quoted}](name=stanjer123,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AlorjAkE,comment-id=00020000000000010000,timestamp=2019-03-06T22:19:09.461+0000) > > You can say everyone complaining about being trolled is delusional or a liar. I could say that. But I didn't. I welcome you to point out where I did.
: I'm pretty sure riot can pull the actual match and view for themselves to deep a report worthy of a ban.
: > [{quoted}](name=stanjer123,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AlorjAkE,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-03-06T21:56:09.936+0000) > > First, I said they care about the PR from the friendliness of their chat. That's their concern. Chat is in fact something that happens in game. It's also something that players get annoyed about. So they do care about what happens in-game. They could have easily ignored the criticism of the in-game behavior and chalked it towards, "Internet kids will behave like assholes" like how the behavior is in any CoD voice-chat. > But you're right, they do ban some trolls. If you run it down mid and go 0/20/0, they'll eventually ban you. But they will not give any compensation, or help to the people who have been trolled. They don't care in relation to your MMR, your time, or if you ended up getting angry about it. Because, as I suspect, it's next to impossible to separate the people complaining about "trolls" but in reality are just bitching at someone who played poorly unintentionally from those that are actually getting trolled. I saw far more people yell, "troll" then those that were actually getting trolled. > So, they might care slightly about the presence of trolls (again, for their PR), they don't actually care about you as a customer when you've been trolled. Care "slightly"? Let's put aside the goal-moving for a moment and consider the measures they take to try and detect and punish trolls. - They have an automated system to try and detect trolls. This is a pretty damn hard thing to program for **any** effectiveness while avoiding banning someone falsely, much less the effectiveness they have right now. - They manually review and ban trolls. I can provide links if you want some cases where it's pretty clear that was the case. - The first punishment of trolling sends the troll immediately to the 14-day ban stage. One punishment short of a perma-ban. This is a punishment that is pretty damn big when you consider other games usually just allows most forms of trolling for a long time then only hands a few days of suspensions several times before considering a perma-ban. > If they actually cared, they would compensate it's players, put their money where their mouth is. They would allow context in reports, they would let you know when a player has been banned for trolling. They would do something other than say "suck it up buttercup and buy another skin" Context in reports is almost always unnecessary and always far more additional work that's impossible to obtain for this size of a player-base. My suggestion is something that the automatic system would be able to handle with no additional manual intervention once programmed.
See my other comment for other things they can do, and there's infinite other things. But once again, you can believe a company this size with this many employees working on this can't do anything at all to curb the amount of trolls. You can say everyone complaining about being trolled is delusional or a liar. You can defend riot till you die. But the reality is the game is going downhill, they're losing revenue at an alarming rate, and people simply aren't playing and enjoying like they once did.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=stanjer123,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AlorjAkE,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-03-06T21:56:09.936+0000) > > If they actually cared, they would compensate it's players, put their money where their mouth is. They would allow context in reports, For context to mattter, they would need manual reviews and we all saw first hand that as much as this community wants to complain about the problems of trolls and toxicity, when actively given the ability to have their context and to deal with trolls, they willingly made the choice to not deal with it. >they would let you know when a player has been banned for trolling. That is already a thing, though it should tell you every time and not some of the time. > They would do something other than say "suck it up buttercup and buy another skin" Such as?
They could: - allow a limited tribunal that only dealt with cases where the automatic system caught multiple offenders per game. This allows context in just these cases, but doesn't bring most cases before it so it gets backed up. And lets get real, they discontinued it because they didn't want to compensate players enough for their time. - Let you know EVERY time someone is banned that you played with. This change alone would at least give players the satisfaction to know that justice has been served. Right now, it's so infrequent that it might as well not exist at all. - Reimburse MMR to players where a teammate was banned. They claim this is abusable, but that's ridiculous. You would have to duo with someone that was willing to level an account just to save you the MMR loss once or twice by getting banned for you. - Maybe as a lesser version of the last point - give players a small amount of RP when they've been provably trolled to compensate them for their time, like a caring company would do when their service is ruined. I could list dozens of suggestions off the top of my head, and nobody is even paying me 200k a year to do it. You really think they deeply and seriously care about these things and literally can't come up with ANYTHING?
: "GGEZ" can we not?
And this is why Riot has turned the chat into ban bait and trolls run wild. This sensitive generation literally thinks seeing two letters after a game is too offensive to be allowed. do you ever stop and really ask yourself if all the (guaranteed millions) of things in this world offending you are really that big of a deal?
: > [{quoted}](name=stanjer123,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VIyUpzOf,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-03-06T17:44:57.348+0000) > > Yes, and no. While, you're right that it shows league being the top moba, these also show that league has had the least interest it has had in the last 5 years. 2018 became one of their lowest years and was about a 40% drop in revenue. > > I mean, we could put on the rose colored glasses and say that all the changes riot has made that everyone hates and make the game miserable has nothing to do with it and it was just an inevitable process of people growing tired of mobas, but what would that accomplish anyway? I wonder why no other MOBA is even close then? You can complain about balance all you want. If anything it's the community eating itself and people being tired of each other that is more of a factor than anything Riot has done. When people here just over exaggerate facts, use insane bias, bury/ridicule everyone with a different opinion and most importantly people who impose their opinions like everyone shares them. Then you have people who just feed on purpose, throw games on purpose, just flat out refuse to do anything because THEY aren't ahead. I'm willing to bet that players are the main reason players are leaving than and Riot changes are just a secondary afterthought
I partly agree, however I place the responsibility on Riot to monitor their own community. That's the responsibility you inherit by creating an exclusively team based online game. If they can't manage to do the slightest bit of ANYTHING to stop people from feeding, throwing, and trying to lose game, then it's their own fault. either way, it's their game, their profits, and their responsibility. You can try to defend them all you want, but the players will get another game, and Riot will be the one's paying the bill.
: Why did I get a ban for being flamed? :(
You spoke too much. The chat is only there to bait you into getting banned. Use it too much and you're screwed.
: Proof riot games punishment system doesn't work
You didn't tell xerath that he's the most amazing beautiful butterfly you've ever seen when he ruined your game. I bet you didn't even kiss the monitor for his profile after the game. Earned that ban hard. Next time, when someone loses a game for you and then rages on you, tell them how much you love them.
: > [{quoted}](name=stanjer123,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AlorjAkE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-06T21:47:07.148+0000) > > Riot is looking to keep their chat filter clean for political reasons, they don't actually care what happens in the course of a game. So they don't care. >They were dinged several years ago for the toxicity of their chat, and they just want to avoid the bad PR from that, So they do care. Sending mixed messages here. > they couldn't actually care less if you're trolled in game or not. Yet they do ban trolls they detect and confirm as trolling. So which is it? They either don't care about trolls or they do. If they don't care about trolls why do they bother to ban any trolls?
First, I said they care about the PR from the friendliness of their chat. That's their concern. But you're right, they do ban some trolls. If you run it down mid and go 0/20/0, they'll eventually ban you. But they will not give any compensation, or help to the people who have been trolled. They don't care in relation to your MMR, your time, or if you ended up getting angry about it. So, they might care slightly about the presence of trolls (again, for their PR), they don't actually care about you as a customer when you've been trolled. If they actually cared, they would compensate it's players, put their money where their mouth is. They would allow context in reports, they would let you know when a player has been banned for trolling. They would do something other than say "suck it up buttercup and buy another skin"
: It's fun being positive when...
Riots opinion "getting angry that someone wasted your time and ruined your gaming experience is toxic" also "who says running down mid for 5 deaths and then following the jg around for the rest of the game spamming laugh is trolling? nobody can know that for sure!" They're blatantly and intentionally ignorant of the community they've created. They don't care if you're trolled, they only care if they can say their chat is "friendly"
: Idea for current IFS related to trolls
Riot is looking to keep their chat filter clean for political reasons, they don't actually care what happens in the course of a game. They were dinged several years ago for the toxicity of their chat, and they just want to avoid the bad PR from that, they couldn't actually care less if you're trolled in game or not.
klin537 (NA)
: Can this game not update as much
Unfortunately, this is exactly why they do it. They don't want to create a healthy, balanced game environment, they want to create an "exciting" "fresh" and "big play" environment. They want to keep changing things so you can't tell that the game is never healthy, and never balanced.
: fornite is an anomaly that wont last. they are only 100mill behind rank 2. pretty sure they will be fine if they fire the balance team and rehire a new one. same goes for their behavior team. just saying.
I don't disagree entirely, but what in the last 2 years makes you think they're going to turn around and do differently than they have done?
: Riot needs to change their punishment system so that trolls are the focus and not toxic people. No one cares if people are toxic.
More like, nobody cared people were toxic before riot told them to care about it. Now everyone reports everyone that says "ez" and forgets about the guy running it down.
: Well... this shows League is still the top MOBA. It could be a simple disinterest in MOBA games. It's not like anyone could actually convince me Fortnite is a better game and I have honestly never heard of DFO (slightly intrigued now).
Yes, and no. While, you're right that it shows league being the top moba, these also show that league has had the least interest it has had in the last 5 years. 2018 became one of their lowest years and was about a 40% drop in revenue. I mean, we could put on the rose colored glasses and say that all the changes riot has made that everyone hates and make the game miserable has nothing to do with it and it was just an inevitable process of people growing tired of mobas, but what would that accomplish anyway?
Exibir mais

stanjer123

Nível 122 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão