Fur Hire (EUNE)
: Help me need 60 RP for Dark Star Thresh
They tend to not respond directly to these, but afaik it's still a thing. Submit your art through a support ticket.
: I just got banned, I have had multiple accounts banned and none of them have had this impact on me
Has your flaming ever fixed the feeder? How about made it worse when they were feeding unintentionally and then tilted further?
Akenero (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wFhqEBXR,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-16T15:14:15.217+0000) > > Normally true, except this is business. In the business world, anytime you try something, it needs to either be a sure thing or something with plenty of buffer. If it were just Riot Games, worth $1.8 billion, I wouldn't have any problem with this at all. The problem is that Tencent owns them, and Tencent's sole interest is "Are you profitable?" > > If Riot gambles and loses a ton of money, even if their bank account is still bursting at the seams, Tencent may decide to sell them to Blizzard or something. If tencent gets rid of riot then we get riot back. Literally any other company owning them would be better.
> [{quoted}](name=Akenero,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wFhqEBXR,comment-id=000000000002,timestamp=2019-10-16T16:18:11.515+0000) > > If tencent gets rid of riot then we get riot back. Literally any other company owning them would be better. Statements like that are how companies get sold to (and then gutted by) EA...
TIKrunk (NA)
: I might be more methodical as far as what kind of player I am. I tried to study the game for 2 weeks before I ever hit "install". Like...I'm a noob, but I didn't want to be THAT noob (I still feel I'm failing pretty hard at that, tbh). I try to be more passive...I'd rather play "the slow game", stack CS, and let the fireworks fly mid to late game. From what I understand, it's the worst idea, but I play Fill in Blind a LOT. Something tells me if I understand each individual role on some level, I'll understand the game as a whole better, but that might not be right. Maybe I'm trying to do too much at once, and lines are getting crossed?
Filling is a mix. On one hand, as a new player you do need some fundamental understanding of the game that it brings. On the other, picking a main or 3 and focusing on them means that you spend more time learning league as a whole rather than learning your champ. I'd also recommend checking out the subreddit summonerschool, it's an improvement focused group that has tons of resources.
TIKrunk (NA)
: The Better Way To Learn
Everyone learns differently. Personally I'm a very methodical person. I want to see what I do, why it's wrong, and fix the problem. And that's worked pretty well for me during my climb. A friend who has climbed a relatively similar amount is not self reflective in the slightest. He throws himself into games and practices until he improves (has like, 6X my number of games this season). I would hate league if I played that much, but he would also hate it if he spent the amount of time I do looking over stuff. Both of us have found success tho. TL,DR: find what's your style and go for it. Edit: there's also nuts amounts of free coaching out there, either generically as YouTube visa and stuff or personalized. Find someone who you work well with.
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u8PUzend,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-10T18:54:58.989+0000) > > But if there's 4 of those people on your team and 5 on the other, doesn't that give you an advantage? Seeing your op.gg you seem to be the perfect example of what im talking about in OP lol Anyways, who is talking about climbing? Im talking about how annoying it is to play with people who should be 1 league behind and only keep there becasue its practically impossible to demote and you can no play rankeds for 1 month without getting demoted
> [{quoted}](name=Veloz Destello,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u8PUzend,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-10T18:58:34.979+0000) > > Seeing your op.gg you seem to be the perfect example of what im talking about in OP lol > > Anyways, who is talking about climbing? Im talking about how annoying it is to play with people who should be 1 league behind and only keep there becasue its practically impossible to demote and you can no play rankeds for 1 month without getting demoted How am I an example? I hit d4 with a like, 60% winrate last season and stopped playing due to class and work. Hit masters 45 lp this season with a 57%ish wr. Goal accomplished, now that I'm back in semester my playtime drops. I mean, I guess 2 seasons ago I got stuck in p2 so shame on me? Climbed well the next season when I got better... I just think it's odd, you should have at least a perfect 55% winrate in your scenario and would climb to masters which, by your own admission is fixed.
: Literally EVERY game I lose, is because the same
But if there's 4 of those people on your team and 5 on the other, doesn't that give you an advantage?
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=ProExpertKing,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E8tRQLrT,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-10T17:00:41.947+0000) > > ..Removed by Moderation.. I mean, the response was quite harsh, but literally if you Google "define warlock" it says: "a man who practices witchcraft; a sorcerer. Similar: sorcerer, wizard, *male witch*..."
Neriticc (EUW)
: Conqueror so weak
Man, that conq yuumi is just destroying soloq. I think she can even proc it if she auto-q's during ult...
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QPMutmIb,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-08T22:29:40.064+0000) > > Because they don't know what to do? They had an idea that got significant backend work and was met with resistance from mains. Instead of forcing it, they stopped and haven't found something that is satisfactory and pleases mains, so work is going other places. Because they haven’t accepted the fact the rework is an unhealthy failure, and they are required to put in the work AGAIN to rework her entirely.
> [{quoted}](name=Shirvallah,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QPMutmIb,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-10-08T22:32:26.225+0000) > > Because they haven’t accepted the fact the rework is an unhealthy failure, and they are required to put in the work AGAIN to rework her entirely. They started putting in that work. Did the engineering for a whole new mechanic, didn't work, back to the back burner. We already know they're engineer constrained, and working on at least 2 other vgus...
: Well, I’m officially stumped about Karma.
Because they don't know what to do? They had an idea that got significant backend work and was met with resistance from mains. Instead of forcing it, they stopped and haven't found something that is satisfactory and pleases mains, so work is going other places.
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cyoqRyFX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-08T18:47:08.841+0000) > > What difference does it make if someone can q with their friend or not? Sure you'll get shit heads and boosters, but the kind of person who pays for boosting would pay for it anyway, by having someone play on their account. > > As someone who personally only q's solo, it really doesn't have significant enough downsides to remove the enioyal benefit people get from playing with their friends. Depends on what roles are being duo'd and how good each person is. If I were to play lets say support leona with my friends draven or trist its essentially an automatic win botlane and most likely win for the game unless the rest of the enemy team ganks hard/ plays SUPER well. But thats mostly low elo. High elo may be different but in like silver having 2 guaranteed competent people on one team tends to increase the chance of winning by alot.
It adds a good bit but also raises your mmr some to compensate. I'd be really interested to see how the rank of a few hardstuck soloq players go by duoing. In an ideal system they'd remain the same, but I don't see the system properly accounting for a mage supp and an AP top laner duoing vs your leona Draven duo, since yours would doubtlessly be more of an advantage. Smart duos will probably end up a bit higher than their soloq capabilities, but they'll still reach a 50% winrate with relatively small impact on others climb, which is why I don't have a problem with it.
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cyoqRyFX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-08T18:47:08.841+0000) > > What difference does it make if someone can q with their friend or not? Sure you'll get shit heads and boosters, but the kind of person who pays for boosting would pay for it anyway, by having someone play on their account. > > As someone who personally only q's solo, it really doesn't have significant enough downsides to remove the enioyal benefit people get from playing with their friends. Have you ever tried duo queueing? I mostly play solo but when I get a duo we tend to stomp the next several games until our MMR rises. Being in a duo is a significant advantage.
It is, especially with cohesive lanes like adc + supp or mid/top and jungle. It also raises your mmr some amount to compensate, probably not enough but whatever. As a duo you'll still find a point where you hit a 50% winrate. And then, when you're matched with/against solo players, they will (ideally) be in an mmr bracket where you'd be all just as likely to win or lose. Doesn't happen, for a multitude of human and riot factors, but hey, we can dream lol.
: Riot, please stop insulting your playerbase by using the term "SoloQ"
What difference does it make if someone can q with their friend or not? Sure you'll get shit heads and boosters, but the kind of person who pays for boosting would pay for it anyway, by having someone play on their account. As someone who personally only q's solo, it really doesn't have significant enough downsides to remove the enioyal benefit people get from playing with their friends.
: > [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ET1Msy30,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-10-07T20:53:11.464+0000) > > Do you want to list the other champions that are much worst aka {{champion:517}} . I still don't understand why he's in shape and has muscles from mostly eating rats in prison, for over a decade.
He was makin bank as a prison stripper and could buy food. I mean, have you seen that dance?
Arakadia (NA)
: Since when do ships have to be canon to enjoy them...? Katarina and Garen weren't even ever confirmed a couple in the old lore, and in the new lore they have no relation whatsoever, but people still like that one. The last two you listed are somewhat popular though.
They don't have to be, I've just never heard of them (or most of your list tbh) and I don't see the pairings at all. But, whatever floats your goat, I'm not one to hate on others opinions of stuff like this.
: {{champion:222}} x {{champion:99}} {{champion:254}} x {{champion:51}} {{champion:61}} x {{champion:53}} {{champion:89}} x {{champion:131}} {{champion:246}} x {{champion:119}} {{champion:81}} x {{champion:126}} {{champion:117}} x {{champion:18}} {{champion:39}} x {{champion:114}} {{champion:143}} x {{champion:427}} {{champion:518}} x {{champion:76}} {{champion:141}} x {{champion:238}} {{champion:164}} x {{champion:26}} {{champion:112}} x {{champion:6}} {{champion:4}} x {{champion:104}} {{champion:86}} x {{champion:122}} {{champion:37}} x {{champion:202}} {{champion:157}} x {{champion:92}} {{champion:163}} x {{champion:245}} {{champion:30}} x {{champion:16}} {{champion:90}} x {{champion:83}} {{champion:60}} x {{champion:7}} {{champion:50}} x {{champion:8}} {{champion:79}} x {{champion:41}} {{champion:84}} x {{champion:55}} {{champion:103}} x {{champion:28}} {{champion:91}} x {{champion:201}} {{champion:236}} x {{champion:67}}
Camille and zil? Talon braum? Tal ekko? Ezreal jayce? Am I missing something? I've never heard of these at all...
: I like Titanic. Perfect for midnight chill.
Adder (OCE)
: What's your personal favorite ship?
The viking longship. Simple, effective, but also containing a lot of cultural significance.
: She is a different concept of a witch. I'm talking about a different kind.
Well which witch do you want? Morg does darkness, the twitch witch does disease (Cass too I guess with plague) and liss gets your elemental coven leader vibe.
: So who’s a good champion right now?
Honestly, don't worry too much about classifications. Koggles is fairly weak but kaisa is reasonably strong (or was until last patch, been pretty busy), both being mixed damage super scaling adcs. Xayah is also good though, and she's quite immobile like kog. Hook supports are all doing pretty great right now, but tank supports are super hit or miss (kinda forgot braum was a champ for a bit). Even popularity is a weird metric, scarner mains are putting up some good numbers meanwhile ezreal has like a 46% winrate and people still flock to him. I'd recommend avoiding champs with the 44% win rates because they've been gutted for high level play, although they can be rewarding if you really put the effort in. Beyond that, afaik every champ has a good winrate on dedicated mains, find something you enjoy, learn it through and through, and make it op in your hands.
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AV7qgInK,comment-id=0007000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-30T00:50:23.491+0000) > > Double on steam's cut. 88% to 80% on Gearbox's cut, a 9% cut. Significant, but not as much as doubling. > > The UDK thing was a minor annoyance to me, a hobbyist who has no stake in it. I'm not mad for my own sake. Unreal engine 3 (and possibly ones before it, can't speak from experience there) is/was a massively powerful tool that epic provided the world. Then, they took it away to force everyone who was on the system over to something that could profit them better. 7 Million licences according to them. That engine brings in more money than fortnite, which is their big name cash crop (it only brings in about $1 Billion of Epic's estimated $15 billion last year). That is scummy business practice. They could have just made a better product that people would naturally move to. They could have created something new with all their features that they're selling now to corporations, and left the old one for indie dev's and hobbyists. Instead, they made no legal way to use the old tool because the new tool doesn't have all the functionality the old one had (so it would cut into profits). And they effectively said a giant 'fuck you, pay me'. As before, I don't mind people being out to make a profit. I mind when they fuck gaming over to do it. I firmly believe that what they did was a profit motivated move that was bad for gaming as a whole. Yeah, games are still coming out for Unreal Engine 3, so it's not like they cut off everyone mid development and are sending out cease and desist notices. They just stopped letting you download it and stopped putting out new updates for it. It's not a big deal for anyone really. >> The 1 click it takes me to get to the library is not a strain on my life. It's not going to end my interest in playing celeste, and would not alone cause me any movement from their platform. It does show me that at some point, the person making ui decisions said 'make them see the store first so we'll get more sales on that new tom clancy game' to a dev who clearly brought up the idea of opening to library because its been in every game launcher ui they've used for the last 10 years. Alone, it would be a 'man, i hope they implement this' kinda thing, and I'd just make an effort to not close out of epic store so it wouldn't happen as much. In this situation, it says to me that epic is far more interested in money than they are in user experience or anything else for that matter. But, that's how you get Tencent and Disney as shareholders. It makes money. So do micro transactions, day 1 patches, and strangling indie game companies like EA does. So for you to play your free game/games, they make you look at something they want to sell you. So they're asking for something in return from you for giving you something of value. 1 second of your time. It's not even a big deal to you to do it, but you think it shows they're greedy and want people to buy their products. That's pretty darn nitpicky. Is this a troll though? Bitching about the UI, and having to click library or the horror of updating your client, this has got to be a huge troll I fell for. Gosh I'm so stupid. The whole Epic Games hate train isn't atroturfing, it's a troll. I have to say I fell for it.
> [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AV7qgInK,comment-id=00070000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-30T00:57:34.260+0000) > > Yeah, games are still coming out for Unreal Engine 3, so it's not like they cut off everyone mid development and are sending out cease and desist notices. They just stopped letting you download it and stopped putting out new updates for it. It's not a big deal for anyone really. > > So for you to play your free game/games, they make you look at something they want to sell you. So they're asking for something in return from you for giving you something of value. 1 second of your time. It's not even a big deal to you to do it, but you think it shows they're greedy and want people to buy their products. That's pretty darn nitpicky. > > Is this a troll though? Bitching about the UI, and having to click library or the horror of updating your client, this has got to be a huge troll I fell for. Gosh I'm so stupid. The whole Epic Games hate train isn't atroturfing, it's a troll. I have to say I fell for it. Nor can you legally get it, and as far as I can tell, users cannot make a profit from games on the engine. It's nice that indie stuff can still come out from devs who have the software already, but much like that picture of Beyonce, that is a product of things being impossible to remove from the internet. Despite that, epic wanted to grab every penny they could by forcing people over (that 'previous versions' page seriously doesn't strike you as a *massive* middle finger?) it's a bigger cash inflow than fortnite. I'll say that again. They built a free service which is a bigger cash inflow than the big name game which I believe has the highest consistent twitch viewership (or had, pre-ninja move). And rather than building that by making a better product, they did it by taking away your other choice because everything was already using the really good option of 3. And, as I've said *multiple times*, I don't have a problem with them trying to make a buck from their store. But, it does show yet again that they systematically top to bottom care more about making a buck than they do about anything else, and thus if they hit steam levels of popularity I would expect that 88% to drop because then they could make more. If they want to hold themselves to that 88%, and make improvements, and consistently fix mistakes, I'll back them just like steam. I won't be doing that until I've got a track record I like.
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AV7qgInK,comment-id=00070000000000000001,timestamp=2019-09-29T23:55:04.203+0000) > > The fact that epic games is willing to spend colossal amounts of money to very publicly fund their platform doesn't bother me. I appreciate that they're paying dev's a good bit to put games out for free (its why i have the launcher, I picked up Celeste). If it were the difference levels such as the music industry where devs are making pennies for the launcher's dollars, then sure. I'd have an issue with that. The difference (about 10-20%, possibly less depending on who you ask) isn't enough. I don't think I've had a positive interaction with epic beyond them giving me free stuff (and even that led to a clear annoyance in their system), and its literally just giving to bait you into their store, where they sell you more. Free samples at costco. Unlike costco, they don't seem to have a good set of professional ethics, and (for the reasons i stated before), i think they're more interested in getting massive numbers of customers to their store then absolutely gutting everyone for their money rather than promoting healthy gaming futures. 10% to 20% is huge. That's a 100% increase. That doubles your money. > Email thing? Annoyance. Inconvenient GUI? People making the decisions up top don't care. Providing a massively powerful tool, then forcing people to move to your new tool which lacks critical functionality but gives you as a company more control over the product made? That's a massive fuck you that they're going to have to prove their intent to fix. Free games are nice. Free games don't make up for that. It costs them absolutely nothing. ZERO. Zilch. Nada. to keep providing things like unreal 3. Hell, put a 30 sec ad on the download. No complaint, they can take that revenue. Like you said, UDK was a minor annoyance to you. You can download it elsewhere. They probably just don't want their previous product cannibalizing on Unreal Engine 4. Then your issues with the launcher probably took you longer to type out than it took to resolve in the client. I mean, come on man, you have to click the Library tab to get to your games is a reason to boycott? I wish I could see things like that as problems in my life. That would I'm pretty close to utopia. I don't see any valid reason for you to boycott Epic or how any of that would imply poor ethics.
> [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AV7qgInK,comment-id=000700000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-30T00:08:35.124+0000) > > 10% to 20% is huge. That's a 100% increase. That doubles your money. > > Like you said, UDK was a minor annoyance to you. You can download it elsewhere. They probably just don't want their previous product cannibalizing on Unreal Engine 4. Then your issues with the launcher probably took you longer to type out than it took to resolve in the client. I mean, come on man, you have to click the Library tab to get to your games is a reason to boycott? I wish I could see things like that as problems in my life. That would I'm pretty close to utopia. I don't see any valid reason for you to boycott Epic or how any of that would imply poor ethics. Double on steam's cut. 88% to 80% on Gearbox's cut, a 9% cut. Significant, but not as much as doubling. The UDK thing was a minor annoyance to me, a hobbyist who has no stake in it. I'm not mad for my own sake. Unreal engine 3 (and possibly ones before it, can't speak from experience there) is/was a massively powerful tool that epic provided the world. Then, they took it away to force everyone who was on the system over to something that could profit them better. 7 Million licences according to them. That engine brings in more money than fortnite, which is their big name cash crop (it only brings in about $1 Billion of Epic's estimated $15 billion last year). That is scummy business practice. They could have just made a better product that people would naturally move to. They could have created something new with all their features that they're selling now to corporations, and left the old one for indie dev's and hobbyists. Instead, they made no legal way to use the old tool because the new tool doesn't have all the functionality the old one had (so it would cut into profits). And they effectively said a giant 'fuck you, pay me'. As before, I don't mind people being out to make a profit. I mind when they fuck gaming over to do it. I firmly believe that what they did was a profit motivated move that was bad for gaming as a whole. The 1 click it takes me to get to the library is not a strain on my life. It's not going to end my interest in playing celeste, and would not alone cause me any movement from their platform. It does show me that at some point, the person making ui decisions said 'make them see the store first so we'll get more sales on that new tom clancy game' to a dev who clearly brought up the idea of opening to library because its been in every game launcher ui they've used for the last 10 years. Alone, it would be a 'man, i hope they implement this' kinda thing, and I'd just make an effort to not close out of epic store so it wouldn't happen as much. In this situation, it says to me that epic is far more interested in money than they are in user experience or anything else for that matter. But, that's how you get Tencent and Disney as shareholders. It makes money. So do micro transactions, day 1 patches, and strangling indie game companies like EA does. Steam is not a godsend. They've got their own problems. Their customer support (which I thankfully haven't needed beyond 1 automated interaction that fixed the issue) is well known as garbage. Nothing I have ever seen from them has made me go 'wow, these guy's would fuck me over in an instant for a few pennies', so at least they hide it somewhat. They've held themselves to that pretty consistently, and thus i'm willing to wait 6 months. (Although I do think the competition is making them better themselves, so something good comes out from this)
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AV7qgInK,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2019-09-29T23:22:41.723+0000) > > I'm waiting to buy it until it's on steam because i'd rather support them, and it doesn't bother me to wait for 6 months. Not sure if that qualifies for your issue, but I have no intention of supporting them when given the choice until I feel things have changed. Then I think you're making a stupid decision. Especially since devs make more money from Epic than Steam. You're actually waiting to take money out of developer's pockets.
> [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AV7qgInK,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-29T23:26:17.082+0000) > > Then I think you're making a stupid decision. Especially since devs make more money from Epic than Steam. You're actually waiting to take money out of developer's pockets. The fact that epic games is willing to spend colossal amounts of money to very publicly fund their platform doesn't bother me. I appreciate that they're paying dev's a good bit to put games out for free (its why i have the launcher, I picked up Celeste). If it were the difference levels such as the music industry where devs are making pennies for the launcher's dollars, then sure. I'd have an issue with that. The difference (about 10-20%, possibly less depending on who you ask) isn't enough. I don't think I've had a positive interaction with epic beyond them giving me free stuff (and even that led to a clear annoyance in their system), and its literally just giving to bait you into their store, where they sell you more. Free samples at costco. Unlike costco, they don't seem to have a good set of professional ethics, and (for the reasons i stated before), i think they're more interested in getting massive numbers of customers to their store then absolutely gutting everyone for their money rather than promoting healthy gaming futures. Email thing? Annoyance. Inconvenient GUI? People making the decisions up top don't care. Providing a massively powerful tool, then forcing people to move to your new tool which lacks critical functionality but gives you as a company more control over the product made? That's a massive fuck you that they're going to have to prove their intent to fix. Free games are nice. Free games don't make up for that. It costs them absolutely nothing. ZERO. Zilch. Nada. to keep providing things like unreal 3. Hell, put a 30 sec ad on the download. No complaint, they can take that revenue. Dev's have a choice on selling to epic or steam (or blizz launcher, lolDestiny), and a lot of that does come down to money. They are a business, and I respect that. I speak with my petty few dimes, and don't support the actions epic takes. I personally can't tell epic to improve themselves or fuck off, but I can help make dev's do it.
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AV7qgInK,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-09-29T21:16:14.231+0000) > > Gah, you legit sound like paid pr. I wanted to work with assets un a upk file independent of game. Newest release of unreal (4 I think?) does not allow that, but 3(?) and further back did. Doesn't matter, the entire existence of that program no longer is recognized and you could not legally download one. Luckily steam for free provides dev kits (which run older versions I think) for games so I was able to grab one that opened the file nice and easy, regardless of game (xcom2 dev kit, for anyone with similar problem). > > Edit: just went back to check, it was 4 vs 3. They even put up this bullshit Previous Versions page (https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/previous-versions) then immediately use it to kindly tell you to fuck right off to their new version. Notice that they say 'For new projects, we support UE4', as in they don't guarantee any support for what was 'the leading engine of the previous generation'. > > It is minor, but it's a problem I've never had with any of epics competitors, and thus gives all of them an edge on epic. > > I don't think the ui is intuitive or useful. For one, I just opened it and had to do 3 straight updates, all of which it asked me to confirm without saying what it was. If you ask me to update and I hit yes, apply them all (and at least steam tells me what the update is, and if I hit no they just go away, rather than forcing something). Second, there is no way I've found to make your library the home screen (one of my absolute most basic requirements). I opened your launcher to play a game, not to see you advertise to me. You're a game launcher, not a billboard. Third, if I bought a game online and didn't have the launcher up, not only does it not auto recognize or even give me an install option I have to go to that games store page, click that I own it, then go back to the library and then hit download. > > It's super basic shit that shouldn't happen in a product made by anyone whose used a game platform in the past 10 years, and everything feels like corporate shill work that overrides any level of love for gaming that the devs might have. It doesn't sound like you're boycotting it. So I don't see anything wrong with stating there are faults. Sure there are. It's a new platform, I'm sure there are issues, but none of them are important enough to boycott and lose your shit over. Which ,it doesn't seem like you're losing your shit over it either.
> [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AV7qgInK,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-09-29T22:08:23.582+0000) > > It doesn't sound like you're boycotting it. So I don't see anything wrong with stating there are faults. Sure there are. It's a new platform, I'm sure there are issues, but none of them are important enough to boycott and lose your shit over. Which ,it doesn't seem like you're losing your shit over it either. I'm waiting to buy it until it's on steam because i'd rather support them, and it doesn't bother me to wait for 6 months. Not sure if that qualifies for your issue, but I have no intention of supporting them when given the choice until I feel things have changed.
: Depression in gamers, the original Shenmue, Epic games, and effective marketing
> [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AV7qgInK,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-09-29T21:00:24.798+0000) > > This might be valid, I don't really follow what your problem here is. Could you provide a source or give an example of what's going on? > > Pure evil. > > Honestly, I can see how that might be a minor annoyance. I've never had a problem unsubscribing, but I'll take your word for it. > > The UI is fine. It's so simple and easy to use, I can't even give you benefit of the doubt here. > > If you're saying it could be improved because of some minor annoyances, that's fair. It's not perfect. If you're saying you want to boycott them because they wouldn't unsubscribe you from an e-mail chain and a few other minor annoyances, that's ridiculous. Gah, you legit sound like paid pr. I wanted to work with assets un a upk file independent of game. Newest release of unreal (4 I think?) does not allow that, but 3(?) and further back did. Doesn't matter, the entire existence of that program no longer is recognized and you could not legally download one. Luckily steam for free provides dev kits (which run older versions I think) for games so I was able to grab one that opened the file nice and easy, regardless of game (xcom2 dev kit, for anyone with similar problem). Edit: just went back to check, it was 4 vs 3. They even put up this bullshit Previous Versions page (https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/previous-versions) then immediately use it to kindly tell you to fuck right off to their new version. Notice that they say 'For new projects, we support UE4', as in they don't guarantee any support for what was 'the leading engine of the previous generation'. It is minor, but it's a problem I've never had with any of epics competitors, and thus gives all of them an edge on epic. I don't think the ui is intuitive or useful. For one, I just opened it and had to do 3 straight updates, all of which it asked me to confirm without saying what it was. If you ask me to update and I hit yes, apply them all (and at least steam tells me what the update is, and if I hit no they just go away, rather than forcing something). Second, there is no way I've found to make your library the home screen (one of my absolute most basic requirements). I opened your launcher to play a game, not to see you advertise to me. You're a game launcher, not a billboard. Third, if I bought a game online and didn't have the launcher up, not only does it not auto recognize or even give me an install option I have to go to that games store page, click that I own it, then go back to the library and then hit download. It's super basic shit that shouldn't happen in a product made by anyone whose used a game platform in the past 10 years, and everything feels like corporate shill work that overrides any level of love for gaming that the devs might have.
: What am I supposed to do
Position better prefight, play more for picks if your team isn't team fight capable.
: Depression in gamers, the original Shenmue, Epic games, and effective marketing
What if I dislike epic because of their scummy business practices like how hard they make it to work with past versions of unreal engine despite having required functionality that they don't put in the newer ones (like being unable to open certain packages), so you're forced to illegally download it and use without support. Or that you can select unsubscribe from their dev emails and have them go on for months till you put in a ticket. Or just that I think the ui sucks? Do those still make me sheeple?
: If we stopped supporting pro play, we might be able to competitively play all the champs again
Last I saw, there was at least 1 main/otp of every champ succeeding in very high elo. Below that, every champ is absolutely viable at soloq levels of competition...
: Good news, the dev working on those changes is aware of this problem and asked the community what dash distance they'd like to have on twitter. I think it's best if you voice your concerns there. https://twitter.com/Squad5lol/status/1166452051397636096
It's nice to see devs interacting with chanp mains like this. I was concerned it would stop after the rough feedback/interactions with karma and such.
: Then why should your rank dictate if you get gold rewards or platinum rewards? Yes, matchmaking should create games based on MMR but your rank has to be based off your MMR, which right now it is not.
Because mmr is designed to adjust pretty quickly from streaking. Like, earlier this season I was pushing GM mmr. I am not a gm player at all, I just got some good mojo on the winstreak, and then lost it back down as I kept playing. Mmr is the short term, elo is a long term result of that, and they want rewards to be over long term performance (that's most likely why they added split rewards based on wins, so people would play ~40 games a split at least and not just sit on their rank). As part of antistreak I do think it should be easier to fall out of a 4 rank. Waaaaay to easy to sit on them rewards.
: Is it worth upgrading Frostfang into Remnant of the Watchers?
It's not efficient until late game when having a 4th ward can be game deciding. Early game when you're backing more and your team has more yellow trinkets it's not worth.
8Belthazor8 (EUNE)
: Could you explain to me how exactly Garen is stopped from taking actions while he can continuously spin and deal damage during the "stun"?
Spin to win is a buff on him, not an action (hence urf spin spam, where multiple buffs can be active at once). Conversely channels (like vel r, malz r, jhin r) are stopped by stuns because you're actively channeling the spell.
8Belthazor8 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Mt5OaAsj,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-23T16:09:21.347+0000) > > Stuns do not stop dashes mid-dash. Which is why it isn't really a stun... like I said. Btw, how did you understand this part "he was standing still" as he was in mid-dash.
It stuns the character, stopping them from taking action. Actions are not stopped because no counteractive force is applied (such as a knock back). Galio dash has a cast time and a windup, which he was most likely in rather than standing still.
Rekcy (NA)
: How many things can you say in chat? and can you get banned if you type positive things in chat?
You can type quite a lot. I sent out a ton of "nice job"'s and "wp top"'s in addition to a good bit of "I have kill pressure, if I land e go in" and shit like that which is hard to ping, never been punished even for super communicative games.
Terozu (NA)
: So a NASA administrator is trying to reinstate Pluto as a planet.
There's small numbers in the astro community for it, but if pluto becomes a planet then other similarly sized objects orbiting the sun also have to qualify. The thing is smaller than our moon ffs, it's not a planet. (Wikipedia has a really good article on this for info on why it's not a planet)
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WWjEYfWz,comment-id=0005000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T20:22:06.786+0000) > > There's at least master tier wu otps, I'd bet he can break comfortably into gm altho I don't know of any personally. Challenger.... Questionable. i think hes mine i played him in free rotation i liked him, plus i heard he will get reorked after worlds or somthing im scared that rework will be op ass with rito then just nerfed to ground . i need skins for him rn xd
> [{quoted}](name=MISS FORTUNATOR7,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WWjEYfWz,comment-id=00050000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T21:12:36.420+0000) > > i think hes mine i played him in free rotation i liked him, plus i heard he will get reorked after worlds or somthing im scared that rework will be op ass with rito then just nerfed to ground . i need skins for him rn xd If you enjoy the monkey, then go for it! Personally i like infernal and lancer stratus for his skins.
: The problem is that he is so balanced he under performs most in terms of actual range. Did you know that Nami's q has a farther range then Vel's? So that means that in that match you are always going to be at a slight disadvantage. Not to mention that in the case of laning against anyone with a grab or bind you put yourself in a lot of danger when you use it. And I'm sorry But I don't really think he's perfectly balanced. HE hasn't been changed in over a season and far too much has come into this game for him to have absolutely NO changes to his numbers, ranges, or overall kit to be update to be more in tune with current gameplay possibilities with the addition of all the new champs that have been released since he's come out. You only ever have a good time with Vel if you are facing a mostly immobile team which almost never happens anymore. You have to play basically panning and platting out ahead for every flash, dash, gap closer and every other movement effect in between and your timing to reactivate q in timing with their movement can only be so perfect. Not to mention the huge problem with your abilities not hitting even if they are cast and you die mid animation Like an e that has left your character and you die as it hits someone so it doesn't go off.
Nami's q does *not* have a greater range than vel q (875 range vs 1050). Vel's q outranges a vast majority of threats, especially if you get gud with angles. Only his e is matched range, and if you're going to combo nuke someone while knocking them back and slowing them, you deserve some risk. You legit never have to be in danger of a bind in lane because you can stand across minions and throw q's to bend around them, and beacuse with angles you outrange every bind cast, even morg. Q split a fantastic balance tool that gives you a ton of counterplay options as the vel player. He hasn't been changed in over a season because he doesn't need it. He performs well in two roles and, while not topping playrate numbers, has maintained solid winrates across elos with mains reaching high elo very effectively. Yes, he is demanding of skills (although not of others, since range safety and 3 ccs, plus low mechanics combos). He can also absolutely annihilate an entire team with 1 combo if you play him well. I love this about vel, I am not punished for being very weak mechanically, and i am rewarded for skillful play. If that's not your prerogative, perhaps pick a different main; xerath is close to vel but is more consistent wit his long range hits and has better tools for people in his face. The only change I would want on vel is the e casting once the missile is in air rather than once its hitting targets so you can cast through death, probably the only thing that still irks me abotu vel after +900k mastery.
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WWjEYfWz,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T20:17:33.187+0000) > > Riot doesn't know what to do with him. Most of the world hates when he's meta and wants a rework, but China loves him and he tends to be meta there even when underpowered. His current state is weak but not dunpstered. Playable to high elo, but it would take a good bit of work. how high elo
> [{quoted}](name=MISS FORTUNATOR7,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WWjEYfWz,comment-id=000500000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T20:18:43.696+0000) > > how high elo There's at least master tier wu otps, I'd bet he can break comfortably into gm altho I don't know of any personally. Challenger.... Questionable.
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WWjEYfWz,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T20:06:52.407+0000) > > Jungle is in a painful position where there's a lot you need to be doing at once, but you're team reliant for a good bit of it and the rest is maintenance work. idk i could play wukong i kinda like him versetile but i heard he just sucks
> [{quoted}](name=MISS FORTUNATOR7,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WWjEYfWz,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T20:13:33.016+0000) > > idk i could play wukong i kinda like him versetile but i heard he just sucks Riot doesn't know what to do with him. Most of the world hates when he's meta and wants a rework, but China loves him and he tends to be meta there even when underpowered. His current state is weak but not dunpstered. Playable to high elo, but it would take a good bit of work.
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WWjEYfWz,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-09-19T19:37:24.303+0000) > > Anything can climb to diamond, pushing masters even. It sounds like you're looking for a jungler (at which point, I'm sorry). Engage picks like J4 and sej are pretty much always good tho, you can definitely climb on them if you're enjoying the games. why would u be sorry :D
> [{quoted}](name=MISS FORTUNATOR7,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WWjEYfWz,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-09-19T20:01:32.981+0000) > > why would u be sorry :D Jungle is in a painful position where there's a lot you need to be doing at once, but you're team reliant for a good bit of it and the rest is maintenance work.
: Vel'Koz changes are desperately needed.
Vel is in a very balanced state! I'd rather no changes so when the meta shifts in his favor he doesn't get a bigger nerf.
: Please sugest a good champ to otp
Anything can climb to diamond, pushing masters even. It sounds like you're looking for a jungler (at which point, I'm sorry). Engage picks like J4 and sej are pretty much always good tho, you can definitely climb on them if you're enjoying the games.
: Please sugest a good champ to otp
The best champ to otp is the one you can play for 20 games straight and be looking forward to game 21. For me, that's velkoz; for a friend it was asol (till the changes lol). Everyone has their own preference, but for your pick it comes down to what you enjoy, and I don't think the boards can determine that without a lot more info about you.
: how do i get out of low priority que
Play games without leaving/dcing for extended periods of time/dodging (I think that counts?) and the LPQ will go away on its own. Punishment tiers will decrease over time if you keep up 5he good behavior.
: How can you climb with a 45% winrate? And where did you get 45% from? How is -5 -5 climbing to you its 0 LP. (loss because went for turret) Where as 5+4 is climbing thats 9 LP. (win because didnt go for turret). Then ill say, can you win a game without dmg to objectives and dmg dealt? Id love to see that happen where everyone on the team does a 0 dmg game but still wins while the enemy team can deal dmg. "since if someone can consistently get that damage and not win, they're clearly not good." Why do you think +5 LP from dmg to objectives while -30 LP for not doing anything else is climbing? thats -25 LP you'll be demoting soon if thats the case in this system. "used to be" key phrase here. The game has changed tho. Why was inting sion a strat. (objective dmg). If you're talking about high elo both sides will be doing the same thing the reason this works is because it builds an advantage occuring in a sense, a 6th player, to shove turret, but that doesnt mean the high elo player builds that wave up and goes sips coffee in the fountain hes doing other things with his time. But you still did get +5LP for the win. And i would add a cc/peel if there was one currently in the game, but riot hasnt implemented that. Now let me ask this, would you rather do all this and get +20 LP everytime your team works with you and this works out and when they dont you get -20 LP and when you have a troll or inter -20 LP. Or would you rather give that up and earn +10 LP for that game and the troll and feeder games you get +10 LP for too for doing your part. Id say id rather +20 LP from 10+10 than 0LP from 20-20.
Because on average, everyone will have a 50% win rate. I'm an asshole playing the system, i'm playing only for full damage and obj damage. Due to that, i win less games (40% instead of 50%). However, on every single win i gain 5 more lp because i still win despite playing suboptimally, or lose 5 less when we're going to lose, because i wasn't going for it anyway. Now, instead of sitting at my lp, where i was +16/-16, im +5 (cause i'm playing to game the system, if we win there's no way people legitimately playing to win are going to beat someone intentionally focusing their score), and when i lose i'm at -1, because i fucked over my teammates to keep my score good (assuming my teammates aren't doing the same). I need a 21% winrate to climb. 21 freaking %. And that's bullshit. And that's just one stat. I can easily pad 3+ per game, which makes the rates even worse. Edit: lets scale this up, and make it worse. +5 every win, -5 every loss. looking only at 3 stats: damage, damage to objectives, and vision score. We're gonna pick for full damage, and guarantee that we're top 2 on wins (+4.5) and #6 on losses (chances are we cant always be that, but we'll also crush the enemy support and maybe top/jg a lot, which would actually put us higher, but we'll estimate low, for a total of -1). Damage to objectives is a little harder to be consistant, but we're assholes and will roam to drag every chance we get to tag it with a few spells, cheesing up the damage, plus greeding for turrets at the cost of our team's well being. Easy +4 on wins, -2 on losses. Vision score, supps will get spot 1 and 2, jg gets 3 and 4 (usually), then it can vary a good bit. if im playing supp (mage supp like vel so we keep the early stats) then that's +4.5, jungle is 3.5, and anything else you can place useless wards on cd as long as its in enemy territory and at least guarantee +1 every game. Now, to add it up, we're at 4.5+4+4.5/1+5 for a win gain of 19/14.5, and a loss of -1-2+4.5/1-5 for a loss 'loss' of -3.5/-7. As supp, if i win 1 and lost 5 im at +1.5 lp. Gained lp from losing 5 and winning 1. As a mid i can lose 2 and win 1, and i still gain .5 lp. And thats assuming i'm not cheesing kda (which a mid would easily be able to do), or the damage taken amp from trading a lot to get my damage out up. Supp would be op because their stats are easier to cheese, but anyone gaming the system would be able to climb with awful winrates. Now, meanwhile, the proxy singed god, who wins 65% of his games, but is low on damage and doesn't hurt objectives, is losing 5 lp a loss and gaining 2 a win (cause he's higher than the nice zilean supp who isn't going to top out anything regardless of how he does unless building pure ap), and despite that winrate he's dropping lp. Shit like that is why I absolutely hate this idea. There is no way you can account for every playstyle, there's just not a good enough algorithm thats humanly achievable. Better methods than this one have been closer to being acceptable, but this one directly fucks over anyone not gaming the system, and i *HATE* that. Play the game, not a little metagame to earn more points. That's not why we joined league.
: You have highest dmg nothing else = -30 LP with a win -20 LP So you're still not climbing. Thats called trolling. "Going bot to hit t2 instead of ending the game". +5 LP for dmg to objectives -5LP for loss where you wouldve got +5 for win and +4 or 3 for dmg to objectives. You going bot to crack a turret when you can end isnt going to sky rocket your dmg to objectives. "The only objective damage that matters is the last hp point on the nexus. The only damage that matters is the damage that gets you there." I dont know what this means at all. Feel free to explain. Because i never said anything about "objectives taken"
Except that now I can climb with a 45% winrate since I lose less than I should, despite the fact that I'm losing my team a fair number of games. Riot can't even detect normal trolling well, and that there is almost indistinguishable from a standard low elo bad call. This shit would become the standard low elo bad call because "muh lp". I'm saying when you said to score lp gains based on damage to objectives, that none of the damage to objectives means *anything* if you don't take the nexus. None of your damage to champs means anything unless it gets you that nexus. So giving gains for it is silly, since if someone can consistently get that damage and not win, they're clearly not good. Paradoxically, you can do massively impactful things that *lower* your stats and increase your win chance, like proxy singed (0 obj damage, low champ damage since no trading, high deaths, and still [used to be] very good at winning games), setting up a slow push instead of clearing a wave (a huge mark of high elo wave control, which lowers your cs if you aren't the one to pickup the crash and your tower damage because for all your macro, you didn't hit the thing), or even something as simple as buying a mikhails instead of an ardent. Sure your mik's singlehandedly won your team the team fight by saving your adc from sej ult + lux combo, but no damage for you lol.
: Who did you do a billion dmg to? To do that billion dmg you wouldve had to kill enemy champions which opens up your team to pressure the map. (dmg to objectives) now if your team takes advantage they can apply pressure win with the advantage you gave them now if you're referring to soft int'ing, soft inters dont do a billion dmg.
I can do it in lane while my adc is dead because I was being useless. Or I can kill everyone and back because I have no idea how to macro, and thus there's no gain (since the gold on me doesn't matter since I'm a moron who can kill the enemy team, but gain no advantage from it). If you promote damage to objectives, than rather than pushing to win, I'm now going to go bot to hit the t2 that's still up and hope my team wins. Oh wait, they got aced and we lost. Darn. At least I lost less lp cause I took a turret! The only objective damage that matters is the last hp point on the nexus. The only damage that matters is the damage that gets you there.
: Ranking System fixes
If you do a billion damage but it doesn't help you win games, why should you be rewarded for it?
: > [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WN6kEZys,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-17T19:42:51.982+0000) > > It's being removed tho. You don't advertise something you're getting rid of... damn, be a shame if new people might actually be interested in a 3v3 mode rather than 5v5 or TFT
> [{quoted}](name=Kahl Drogo98,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WN6kEZys,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T07:09:34.937+0000) > > damn, be a shame if new people might actually be interested in a 3v3 mode rather than 5v5 or TFT So few people are interested in it as is that it probably wouldn't be worth the video time :/
Exibir mais

usul1202

Nível 227 (NA)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão