: Well, I assumed that we won't get anymore this year, since Reave mentioned that there won't be any new champion roadmap, since we already know that Volibear and Fiddlesticks are getting worked on and so they will just update us on their progress. And new champions are usually teasered in these roadmaps, so I thought that there won't be any more new champions coming if they are not going to give us another champion roadmap this year....
"Three new champs, all ahead of both voli & fiddle." There definitely is a road map for later this year, topic being of these new champions. Reav3 was discussing this only a few hours ago.
: 3 new champions by the end of the year? Where did you get that information from, I thought that the next untraditional marksman will be the last new champion for this year.
Shit, that's awkward. Forgot there's under 4 months left of 2019. Yeah no, definitely not fitting three more champs into this year. Goofed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
: Ezreal Tier Visual Updates
In the immediate future, the answer is no. For this year and a little into the next there isnt any scheduled VgU. Not sure if you knew this already but we're getting 3 new champs ~~by the end of the year~~ and then Fiddle + Voli reworks. Beyond that is completely unknown and I dont think the devs are ready to discuss or allude to anything about more reworks until after those releases.
Leivve (NA)
: Why are there no pro-Noxus factions in Ionia?
There definitely is converted/assimilated Ionians. Noxus only holds sway in a very small section of Ionia, but those who remain there are integrated citizens. I couldnt say if they're all 'willing' citizens but a portion of them will likely defend Noxian claimed land and more. Plus it's been stated in the past that Zed distrusts Vastaya because a few tribes had assisted in the Noxian's invasion. These tribes apparently hate human Ionians so much, they think Noxians would be better alternative... The whole narrative theme for Ionia is that the country is divided by their politics. Ironic considering the lack of any government tho. Everyone is mad at someone else for the state the country is in, so even pro-Noxians exist. Socially speaking Ionia has more nuance to it than just "Noxus bad" even if the invasion was the central catalyst for all of this.
Sancre (EUW)
: Are we getting some Lore out of Eternal?
Reading the dev post, the purpose of these Eternals is quite evidently just a cosmetic feature/flair for the new achievement system. Despite how the segment explains that they're so claimed Runeterran Gods, they clearly aren't based on the specific mythology and world-building established by the lore and the respected people who write it. Instead each Eternal represents a class archetype that exists purely for categorization of champions, something of which is relevant only to the game. I'll hazard a guess, I cant imagine the narrative department was involved in the creative development of this new project. This whole thing feels similar to the disconnect that exists between Runes in-game and the more creative use of World Runes in-universe.
Terozu (NA)
: ...the wiki does call Ezreal Lyte's nephew. And I'm pretty sure the loading tip is older than 2017. It's where I got the link from. If you want to be obstinate and refuse to believe the blatant truth, then go ahead.
Yeah as general information, you can find plenty mention of Lyte written in by random internet moderators for the wiki page. When I said the wiki makes no mention of Lyte I'm talking from the copies of Ezreal's old lore that have been pasted into the wiki under the 'Patch History' tab. The content of those stories specifically, found there and nothing else, that were originally produced by Riot make no mention of Lyte.
Terozu (NA)
: Lyte was mentioned in Ezreal's old lore if i remember correctly. And the tip refers to Ezreal's uncle Lyte. I believe it's exclusive to ARAM. Also, it's entirely possible Lyte is short for Lymere, Lyte could literally just be a nick name. ANd furthermore, it's confirmed by a Rioter as well: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3335703&page=12#post36822798 Do you not have short versions of names in Oceania?
_Lyte was mentioned in Ezreal's old lore if i remember correctly._ - No, not the case actually. The wiki is the only place to find every version of Ezreal's original lore and with a simple key-word search for "Lyte" via F3 function, nothing from those original writings pops up with Lyte's name. That's including for the JoJ. _And the tip refers to Ezreal's uncle Lyte. I believe it's exclusive to ARAM._ - I, belive your misguided. [Here](https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/6sm4lx/i_have_forged_a_list_of_all_the_loading_screen/) is actually all the loading screen tips that were uploaded into the game in 2017. None mention Ezreal or Lyte, nor either being relatives and none of these tips were made exclusively for ARAM. Prove me wrong but Im fairly confident the game didnt have loading screen tips like these ones before they were implemented. - Also exclusive to the ARAM map is Lyte supposedly has VO lines towards Ez, referring to him directly as "nephew". Checking via the wiki once again, suspicious how no such VO line that is documented contains the quote "nephew" or anything similar that would prove they're relatives. _Also, it's entirely possible Lyte is short for Lymere, Lyte could literally just be a nick name._ - Ezreal's new lore contains no hint nor wink for the audience that Lymere is/was intended to be Lyte, one and the same person. This is you pushing for just one more example to justify an unsupported suspicion at best. Not even the smallest suggestion of Lymere been to or ever going to the Freljord. _ANd furthermore, it's confirmed by a Rioter as well_ - So the only thing you've offered that can be traceed back with, which might prove Lyte is Ezreal's uncle, is this single ancient comment from a dev in a since-abandoned forum site about 6 years ago. Neither have in the times preceding has their confirmation made it's way into modern lore. Excuse me for Im incredibly unconvinced.
Terozu (NA)
: The in game tips say that he's Ezreal's uncle. So no, it was definitely confirmed.
Does it say that "Lymere" is Ezreal's uncle or does it say "Lyte" because i could see the two names being superficially confused. Because AFAIK there isnt a word doc listing all those loading screen tips to irrefutably prove this assumption, so I just have to take your word for it. Also, considering that Lyte isnt once mention in Ezreal's lore but Lymere abundantly is, dont you ever think it be strange that Lyte has no mention nor implication at all? The only evidence that can be mustered is apparently one loading screen detail says so despite his total absence in everything else... These are good reasons to be skeptical.
: > [{quoted}](name=Whyte Lyon,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rsEHZ3AN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-10T08:26:57.933+0000) > > Nah, none of the shop-keeps in any of the gamemodes have lore about them. Maybe someday one of the alt-universes for skins will reference them but the likelihood is none are a part of the prime canon. > > They're just a cosmetic feature, the rabbit hole doesnt go any deeper. I know the red side shopkeeper on Howling Abyss is/was Ezreal's... uncle, I think? Not sure if he still is.
No, Lyte has never officially been Ezreal's uncle. Lyte's recorded quotes towards Ezreal doesnt even hint at a family relation. Lyte wasnt ever mention as his uncle in any of Ezreal's older lore neither. However it was a Dev who once suggested they were related but it was said so as a comment made in the old forums, so not exactly irrefutable confirmation. Regardless tho, that nugatory piece of trivia has clearly since been forgotten and disregarded as now Professor Lymere is the official uncle of Ezreal.
UnityOE (NA)
: Is/was there any lore behind the in-game shop-keeper on Summoner's Rift?
Nah, none of the shop-keeps in any of the gamemodes have lore about them. Maybe someday one of the alt-universes for skins will reference them but the likelihood is none are a part of the prime canon. They're just a cosmetic feature, the rabbit hole doesnt "official" go any deeper.
Sancre (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=aVQqe4VW,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-08T21:47:07.002+0000) > > Rhaast is an Ascended. and I think it was said that becoming an ascended does not necessarily mean you were a morally good person. > > Rhaast in my mind has always been a monster. just he can do it without true consequence now Depends on what the Sun Disk considers "worthy", as far as i know no actual criteria has been given for choosing who is worthy and who is not. Renekton was sure that he would be destroyed while leading Nasus up the Disk, but instead he was reborn through sun, Xerath shouldn't probably be worthy, but he found some way to mess with the Disk, and he got way more power than normal Ascended out of the stolen ray
I'd say the Sun Disk's "criteria" could be similar to Illaoi's test of spirit. So it doesnt actually take the individual's 'moral compass' into account so much as the individual's willpower and/or something else. But it isnt literally anyone can become Ascended, as there are Bacci who had completely failed and deformed during the ritual. But again, people can fail Illoai's test as well.
Adder (OCE)
: Jax and Rammus are the only champions that species we have no idea about
: Aatrox Questions and Possible Future
Dragon. His ascended form mimicked a dragon or the half-dragons- they're supposedly meant to be myth/extinct according to Shyvana's lore. You cant get more majestic, more indomitable, more proud and certainly couldn't get more precedence than a dragon. Fits for a once-famous commander from the Ascended Host. Dragon's the theory I'm sticking with. There was at one point a few people to unanimously agree Aatrox was a "horned owl" of all things. Oh and a classic was Rhaast must've been a Hammerhead shark, like a god-warrior from a desert country embodies a friggin shark. Just weird conclusions.
GreenLore (EUW)
: Honestly I feel like Vilemaw and Elise are in a pretty awkward spot lorewise anyway. I mean Elise mainly lives and operates in Noxus, yet she is considered a shadow isles champ, which already seems odd. However Elise kinda feels superfluous in Noxus anyway, I mean we already have another immortal vampire-like noble {{champion:8}} and another cursed beauty-obsessed seductress, that was turned into a half-animal hybrid with, {{champion:69}} and both are members of the black rose too. So Elise honestly doesn't bring that much new to the table in terms of themes or stories anyway :/. And Vilemaw's his whole existence is kind of irritating considering that every other living being on the shadow isles was turned into a ghost(except for Yorick and Maokai, who were both saved by the waters of life), yet Vilemaw remained a corporeal being, implying that he was somehow able to fend off the curse. Not to mention that he is rather disconnected from all lores except for Elises, so no one would have problems if he was ever retconned. So yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Elise receives a big overhaul to her character/story. And once that happens, there is nothing stopping Riot from removing Vilemaw from her lore.
Exactly what I've been saying. Although I dont think the writers will end up retconing Vilemaw out, but I really hope they consider opportunities of adapting Elise's orgins again. Like I said already, with the nature of Elise's abilities, if she had been a new champion or possibly recived a VGU. I imagine her lore would have been completely different. Maybe no Noxus or Shadow Isles ties at all. I think the writers just had to maintain this 'old lore' plot line because Vilemaw was still attached to the game itself. Now with its removal, I believe the writers have an opportunity to iron out kinks in her lore that have popped up because theres been a lot of new world-building in recent year and slight contradictions have krept in... ____ Another issue I've taken with but didnt mention earlier, the fact that Elise is among a few Noxian-born Shadow Isles residents. Despite Morde having his original ties to the Isles reverted now, there was still Elise and Karthus. With no lore reason, motivation or ties to explain why three Noxians just so happen upon and gain incredible powers from the Isles. While both Blue Flame, Shurima and south Ionia are all relatively closer. It just always felt a bit disjointed.
: A lot of people play the game for the GAME and not the lore, and while I can't speak for everyone, seeing new maps based on locations IN the lore can still be a very welcome addition to the GAME portion of the product.
In my experience, with my friends, they couldnt give a toss what the map looks like. They wouldnt even be curious if it was suddenly pirate themed, under the ground, or set above the clouds. Yet they still play the game consistently, havent stopped since 2014 so not like they aren't that invested in the game. Even with new shit that expands the game's IP, it hardly phases them and for the average player I'm sure it's fairly similar.
: As a fan of Ebonmaw, the first Boss Monster of the Original Twisted Treeline, i can say that just because a character is removed from the game, it does not mean that the character no longer exist in Runeterra. Riot said that Ebonmaw was still living in Runeterra, even if he was Removed from the game when Vilemaw arrived. Considering that, i guess that Vilemaw could be "alive" in the lore even if he was removed from the game itself.
Personally, I say no. Hard skeptical Ebonmaw is even still a consideration. Ebonmaw isnt any more canonical than Baron or Herald are, and at least they're still apart of the in-game IP. How long ago was it when you were told it could still exist?
: What I mean is that with the maps that are supposed to be actual canon locations within the world (Howling Abyss, Butcher's Bridge) we can actually SEE an area of the world of Runeterra. Like I said in the OP, it's not that the maps are the appearance of the WHOLE REGION, but it gives us an idea of the general aesthetics of a region within the world. HA= Cold, Snowy and Harsh feel BB= Shanty-Town-esque buildings out of Ships and other makeshift material feel TT= Foreboding, Haunted and Graveyard-like feel While for Summoner's Rift, that could be any place that has lush, green fields, forests and so on.
You can go on Universe and see infinitely more of this universe than any dated game map could hope to represent. The world isnt getting smaller, your just looking at it through an unreliable lense. Game maps have always been more unreliable interpretations of the lore.
Pale Mask (EUW)
: Vilemaw is significantly more important to Elise than any other character in her lore, though. Her followers are slaves, LeBlanc is an ally of convenience, and her husband only exists to make her a figurative black widow. He's also the only thing tying her to the Shadow Isles right now. Removing Vilemaw from her lore would mess up more things than it would fix. She's supposed to be a cult leader - someone who struck a pact with dark powers out of self-interest. Unlike Swain, who outwitted his "patron", Elise has a mutually beneficial relationship with Vilemaw. You can't separate the two any more than you can Illaoi and Nagakabouros or Malzahar and the Void; sure, you could pull a Lissandra again, but I personally wouldn't recommend it.
Why not adapt Vilemaw's role into Elise's. She's the cult leader and the worshiped god, she can fully transform into a giant spider after all. She could be the whole kit and caboodle. Like I said, Elise fills the niche of spider monster herself. Plus it's a more endearing characterization to be Dracula than it is Renfield. Also on the that fact, yes Vilemaw is the only shred that ties Elise to the Isles. But why the Isles? The whole concept of this monster sticks out like a sore thumb compared to everything else the Isles has to offer. Vilemaw isnt a creature of the unliving which means it should be prone to the Black Mist. But deus ex machina it can repel such things with no justification except we cant have Elise and the food die upon arrival. This is an unnecessary hurdle the writer has to force an explanation of pure convenience for a creature that realistically, it doesn't thematicly belong at all. You know why Vilemaw comes from the Isles? Some design devs made that decision because it be cool for the gamemode's shiny new map. Future writers have to try an adapt things based on a decision their department wasnt equally involved with. The Shadow Isles certainly didnt have the world building it has today. I'm confident if Elise had been released in more recent years, then Vilemaw wouldn't be a part of the Isles and/or not been included in her story at all.
Comentários de Rioters
: Karthus: Confirmed Short
Rioters have said in the past if it's not confirmed in an official story then it's just the dev's opinion and ideally be taken with a grain of salt. And I feel like that grain is even bigger if it didnt come from a writer neither. But who am I to be a little skeptical...
Manxxom (NA)
: So let me get this straight here...
Just my own hot take here: I'd say Volibear feels comparable to Fenrir. A deity who was treated more like a beast by his fellow godkin (and with Lissandra banishing him and the Ursine), which amounted to him actually becoming the monster everyone thought he was. Id say he's like Thor only in the most superficial overlap as both conjure thunder and lightning. But narratively speaking Volibear feels like he has more in common with the myth of Fenrir. Edit: I know the devs are still debating their approach to Volibear's rework. I know some fans are hoping for Voli to maintain his "nobility". My fingers are crossed for less of that. I like the idea and it feels far more appropriate that the Freljord worship a bear-god of the 'wilderness' and a being who opposes civilization in its entirety. Makes his and Ornn's duality that much more poetic.
: @Narrative Team, Vayne lore lookin a little empty now a days
Vayne's lore had at least established an interesting nuance to her character even if she doesnt have a library of content to read from. Compared to another lacking Demacian- Quinn has stuff-all content, her character is so 'cardboard' and the lore was entirely forgettable imo. Vayne's lore as it stands was satisfying enough, having to wait some undetermined amount of time for more content wouldnt be too obnoxious.
: Are Little Legends canon?
There's an answer to this but it isnt whether or not the sprites are definitively canon. The answer is they're a part of the whole 'league of legends' IP. Devs were simply utilizing the brand's artistic license with known/familiar aspects (eg. the penguin carried over from Snowdown) so to maintain the game's recognizable assets and aesthetic. Basically, it's a design choice so players can readily identify with the game they're playing. Lore wouldnt factor into said choice, not when it isnt lore related nor enhances the lore in the slightest. Could a future story or comic illustration reference them in the canonical setting? Probably. Although I think it's safe to conclude they're for the gamemode, it's not intended to go any deeper than that. I know Scathlock has said as much.
: I was thinking about this kind of armor changes: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0GVYBoX4AADYns.png
So the lack of a waist cloth and a crest on her helmet is somehow the reason her "gimmick is out of touch" as according to you. What??
: Which Champion's Designs/Gimmicks are out of touch in your opinion?
Your comments on Kayle's armor, its an argument based on an aesthetic desire/demand. But hasn't considered all the technical requirements, so understand what you might dismiss as a 'lack of armor' was a necessary change/adaption although a choice I'm positive the devs didn't make lightly. Kayle's class type isn't a Juggernaut, Diver or generally came under the description of "Fighter". You're not intended to build any health nor resistance for her particular playstyle. So the design team couldn't really adorn her model in a set of iron-clad apparel, as that would break the fundamental rules of visual communication and the importance that has. Especially at later levels when she has ranged auto attacks! Kayle's old design was incredibly misleading - a full suit of plate armor suggests that she should be played as a tank, of which she is not. So I think the new design is perfectly serviceable for what it needs to be. Despite how much the community was/is inconsiderate over that.
: Who would win(lorewise): Zed V.S Pyke
To be fair, neither character's powers have been explored to any extensive depth (ah shit, that was a Pyke pun). With their abilities been represented more clearly in-game than it has been within written stories so far. Like Zed isnt even the leading focus in any of the stories featured on his page, besides the Bio and his yet-to-be released comic. So it's incredibly difficult not to limit one's own theories to their in-game capabilities vs what may or may not be their capabilities in-universe.
: Who is Sterak?
> is there any in story lore about the item? Who is Sterak in Runterra, and does he have any story significance? Devil is in the (lack of) details. If there was in fact "lore" for Sterak and the Wiki failed to mention any of it then it would be a pretty bad wiki dont you think? Okay but less sarcastic response: Items and any reference to figures/individuals/names associated with items dont have any in-universe equivalent, at least none have been officially mentioned or utilized in a story yet. Another factor is likely because some names are in reference to a real person and which the use of said name wouldnt belong exclusively to Riot, and Riot may only have permission to use it for the item only. Lastly, you can definitely invent your own character lore out of these items but it is worth understanding that items usable in-game isn't completely canonical to the lore setting.
: > but as time went on and Shurima descended into collapse, Shurima didn't collapse in time. It all collapsed at once when Xerath did his shit but before that it was actually still growing in power
Not definitively true imo. The Ascended likely protected and/or regathered some semblance of their society for a couple hundred years before the Darkin Wars really ignited, setting the whole country further beyond repair than the initial collapse had.
: > [{quoted}](name=EdgeLady,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Rn3qUAIH,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-07-18T03:26:03.581+0000) > > People suspect that some champions (such as Shaco, Fiddlesticks, everyone from Kalista's kingdom like herself, Hecarim, and the Ruined King) are from whatever continents are on the other side of the world. Seeing this map, it definitely enforces my and many others' theory that the Ruined King's kingdom could have been on the other hemisphere; the Blessed Isles seem to be right in the middle of the ocean, so it would probably not be the biggest trip for someone from an unseen continent. Who knows with Shaco and Fiddlesticks, but at least we'll know Fiddlesticks's origins by the end of next year. I thought Kalista and Hecarim came from the kindgom that was near Noxus and erased by the Rune Wars.
> I thought Kalista and Hecarim came from the kindgom that was near Noxus and erased by the Rune Wars. I'd say it's highly likely. From Kalista's latest story theres a subtle hint where she's referred to as "Spear of the Argent Throne". With the throne being the ruined king's and feasibly a connection to the Argent mountains. So yeah, I'm betting on them coming from Valoran rather than some undiscovered place. On subject of new continents, lore has yet to make any substantial push for expanding the map of Runeterra and I'm fairly confident we wont see any branching out any time soon.
aus102 (NA)
: Is sexuality necessary in a MOBA?
I'm confused, why have people bothered to downvoted this? Typically the sizable downvotes are indicative of people presenting their dissatisfaction with the content of a thread. But it's not like OP was being intrusive, nor have they explicitly or definitively suggested there shouldn't be any sexuality (chemistry) between the characters. In fact, OP is obviously more neutral with this discussion. So the downvotes are for what exactly, are people actually discouraging champions from having romantic chemistry despite the fact the comments clearly advocate for it. I'd have thought to upvote to show my encouragement for champions having romantic chemistry. But only a few others have done so already. So am I to not do that, am I to downvote to show my encouragement for champions having romantic chemistry? Yet that would feel counterintuitive. Are people actually downvoting because they discourage champions from having romantic chemistry? What?
Naalith (NA)
: Well considering your point is that "we've not once had a lore event," yes. Also we had other lore events in the past before the retcon. We had a Frejlord event that introduced Lissandra, Howling Abyss, and the story of the Frejlord. We also got a Shurima event which had the Ascension mode, the release of Azir, I'm pretty sure that's when Nasus got VU'd, and we got a bunch of lore with cinematics included. Burning Tides is just the most popular lore event we've had since the retcon.
Respectfully, that isnt the entirety of the point I had intended to make clear. Events like how the OP has described are so sparse and infrequent in the last half-century that Riot has obviously no commited intention to producing lore inpactful game events. Regardless of long-ago ones, that Riot mustn't have considered to be very fruitful endeavors because there's no great legacy that became of those events. Which is me trying to frame the expectation of any possible 'lore inpactful game event' to a realistic low/unlikely occurance. Unless, of course, theres an unpredictable shift in Riot's production priorities going forward. That at least is agreeable.
Naalith (NA)
: Burning Tides?
So we make the list to a total of just one major event over the last five long years. Does this change anything about my point?
Leon4167 (NA)
: Will there ever be a big lore event again?
Considering that we've not once had a "lore event" like what you've described, I think its abundantly safe to assume that we wont... We here on the story boards just consider every lore update to be a kind-of event. But lore updates have nothing to do with the core game. And Riot has been straight forward theres no intention to overlap game events with lore, but they're more than happy to do it consistantly for skins. Tge way I see it, something big would have to change Riot's mindset before they attempt an event like OP has described. That has yet to flourish.
EdgeLady (NA)
: Judging by the Roadmap hint, it seems we will get more of Atreus, the man. It's possible that there'll be a duality between him and Pantheon, but I've heard fears that it could be too similar to Kayn and Rhaast that way. However, if I come to think of it, they reworked Kayle and Morgana into sort of partner champions similar to Xayah and Rakan in their interactive voice lines, but they certainly feel unique from them, and not just because they're original champions who were reworked to be more interactive. So I think that if Riot chooses to do a partner dynamic with Atreus and Pantheon, it can certainly feel unique from Kayn and Rhaast. In fact, something I'd like to see *improved* on in that area - and I think many Kayn/Rhaast lore enthusiasts would agree - is to be sure to give *both* parties sufficient lore, since Kayn's lore is all about Kayn and we know nothing about Rhaast (which worked fine when the Darkin were mysterious aliens who came through a portal, but now that they're Shurimans and even retconned Varus has more interesting lore than his hosts, Rhaast's lack of lore feels quite off-putting).
> It's possible that there'll be a duality between him and Pantheon, but I've heard fears that it could be too similar to Kayn and Rhaast that way. > I think that if Riot chooses to do a partner dynamic with Atreus and Pantheon, it can certainly feel unique from Kayn and Rhaast. > Although, that'd be entirely under the presumption the celestial is chatty with their host as a Darkin typically is with their's. I havent brushed up on the Aspect lore from like 3 years ago, but the way I recollect it the celestials tend to subconsciously influence their host. There isnt a hard conversation nor a debate between the two figures. If there is a "conversation" happening, it's more the entity has hijacked the host's instinctives. So Im personally skeptical of the likelihood of "multiple voices" being a thing for Pantheon's VO. Even if that might be the popular theory going around. But that's just me.
: New Mordekaiser Interaction in the Twisted Treeline
Was Twisted Treeline ever intended to be canonical? It feels doubtful.
GreenLore (EUW)
: Ascension still grants a massive boost in power though. It wouldn't be like putting a hat on a hat, it would be like turning a pistol into a rocket launcher. I mean compare the magical powers of the vastaya-champions (shapeshifting, throwing magical orbs, having knife like feathers), with the feats of the ascended(raising an army and a whole city from the sand, aging someone to death and being so powerful that even the aspects didn't know how to kill some of them). Also it was confirmed by a rioter that the form of the ascension is based on the persons mind, so the shurimans all turn into animal-human-hybrids because they have a lot of animal symbolism in their culture (for example jackals are likely a symbol of wisdom). So if someone from a different culture were to ascend, then they might not look animalistic at all.
> It wouldn't be like putting a hat on a hat, it would be like turning a pistol into a rocket launcher. Humans are the "pistol", but most other racial things or anyone magically gifted would be a grenade turning into that rocket launcher. Looking at it, theres still a feeling of redundancy. Why would any unique creature already magical, already physically resilient or already ageless in some capacity, why would they need Ascension? The gifts of Ascension would be a slight improvement upon the features they already had. Azir's power is a unique capability compared to all of Ascended. An outlier. Features like his, or even different features that are still incredibly potent much like his, aren't guaranteed to show up again. > Also it was confirmed by a rioter that the form of the ascension is based on the persons mind, so the shurimans all turn into animal-human-hybrids because they have a lot of animal symbolism in their culture (for example jackals are likely a symbol of wisdom). So if someone from a different culture were to ascend, then they might not look animalistic at all. Yes, I was present for that confirmation along with everyone else.
: > [{quoted}](name=Whyte Lyon,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EsjBLzMr,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-27T05:14:56.216+0000) > > Any being with a unique racial feature/advantage over even the most impressive human seems fairly redundant. Ascension for a Vastaya would be like putting a hat on a hat, so to speak. but it wouldnt. I think you are VASTLY underestimating ascension. ascension gives you so much more than some racial trait. ANY race would want to be able to do it.
No you goof. Im saying any being born of different and more unique anatomy than any human (physical, intellectual, magical, ageless) it would be fairly redundant for them to become Ascended. Like a Vastaya becoming an Ascended, they are born loaded with many magical traits. Ascension would give them little in the way of (more) power. "Hat on a hat". The same redundancy could easily apply to a being like Jax as well.
: > [{quoted}](name=Whyte Lyon,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EsjBLzMr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-27T02:51:03.111+0000) > > That's assuming anyone born other than human could even be accepted either. My initial thought process, a minotaur could be 'worthy' but Ascension would be half redundant, wouldn't it be? ascention would not be redundant just because you already resemble an animal. Ascendance makes you a physical God, not just a humanoid animal with some powers. you raise a good point though, perhaps only humans were allowed
Any being with a unique racial feature/advantage over even the most impressive human seems fairly redundant. Ascension for a Vastaya would be like putting a hat on a hat, so to speak.
: Small theory that Jax was rejected as an ascended host.
That's assuming anyone born other than human could even be accepted either. My initial thought process, a minotaur could be 'worthy' but Ascension would be half redundant anyway, wouldn't it?
: It's time for a mid-2019 lore update check-in!
Then you realize, all the modern bio's made before 2018 are subject to inevitable revisions/edits of their current content. Even though the changes should only be words and/or phrases different, it still means there's a lot of biographies to be brought up to the standard. I'd assume that will come to include many of the Shurima champions, a few from Bilgewater and Targon, probably one or two from the Shadow Isles as well. Then any other champion whose bio is around 3-4 years old now and hasnt had some revisions already. Plus any champion's bio that contains some kind of timeline inconsistency. There's (at the most) 30 more champions that might require bio revisions in the unforeseeable future. So its more accurate that the lore 'overhaul' remains a substantial task that will continue for a while longer still.
: A Champion I have new respect for after Morde's VGU?
Eh. For me it's difficult to totally sympathize for Veigar's torment when his torture was only ever implied and conveyed in the third-person, if it was first-person then the severity of Mordekaiser probably feel a lot more inpactful. Plus the consequences of his time spent in the Bastion is just comedic, which is fine and hilarious but that's not a sincere trauma.
: The history of the Shadow Isles
Im not going directly answer your question for you, unlike others who comment might be inclined to. I recommend just going to the Universe site, check out the Shadow Isles profile page and all the related champions where the content is provided, it's all right there. But you'll especially want to read the biographies of Kalista and Hecarim because they were directly involved in the ruination, but most of the other ShaIsles champs witnessed it too. Just scour through it all and build whatever lore you're hoping for based off what you find on the Universe site and the intractable map of Runeterra. It's a lot more engaging to do the reading for yourself.
: The Lux/Sylas comic is SO GOOD!!
This isn't a criticism (at least i wouldn't call it as such) but this entire comic has been fairly stagnant, in terms of illustrative design. Of course, the inter-relationship/drama isn't stagnant but this is a comic, for such a medium I'd have thought they'ed utilize the full capacity of dynamic illustrations and eye-catching visuals, obviously intermingled with the plot at hand. This hasn't been that so far it's been mostly enclosed, gloomy, interior environments and ad-nauseam dialogue. Which leaves me to wonder why this particular story couldn't have been a written novella instead, would have about the same impact. Then if they're going to do a Demacian focused comic, they could've set it amongst this apparent 'mage rebellion' that was hyped with Sylas' teaser but never overtly delivered on.
: Ixtal and what lies beyond of known Runeterra
Your last note about the Ruined King's origins forgets the recent reveal referring to pre-death Kalista as the "Spear of the Argent Throne" likely the king's throne. Which presumably suggests they're from Valoran possibly the Argent mountains.
zounet (EUW)
: which champions will be from the new faction?
By "faction" are you referring to the "regions" pages like what's on Universe? Cause I have a sneaky suspicion that this new faction isnt going to be significant enough to warrant it's own profile page. Qiyana might possibly end up categorized under Runeterra (or just broadly Shurima) rather than something specific for the Ixaocan. I'm curious how wrong I'm going to be, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm right.
Zeanix (OCE)
: What Qiyana should've been
I seem to recall some people (well 50+ upvotes at least) were pretty dissatisfied with Neeko's design and had more interest in one of her early concepts where she looked more primal like a feral cave-woman. That was, for whatever reason, deemed a "missed opportunity" something her final design should have been. Quite identical to OP's thread here. They had very specific ideas for how to improve Neeko because she was "too generic" while their recomendation was innocent, regardless of their opinions and the people who agreed with it, it wasnt adequate to the ultimate goal the devs had strived for and what they had successfully managed to achieve with their creation. You catch my drift?
: > [{quoted}](name=Whyte Lyon,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-07T00:28:23.344+0000) > > Mate, you must understand. Sometimes Riot wants to design an armor-clad warrior angle, but they literally can't make it too bulky as she simply doesn't have a tank playstyle nor builds off tank item sets. To ignore that limitation just to give her a much more realistic armor design is to break the rules of visual/design communication and the importance it has. Her armor's design had to represent something far deeper than just the aesthetic. > > But y'know. That fact doesnt register for most players. Of course not. It's easier to fit your version of the narrative by presuming devs that worked on her are just asshole who don't know anything. it worked prior to her rework where she wasnt a tanky character at all and dint convey that idea in the slightest you argument hinges on people being complete simpletons who are incapable of associating a champions silleute with a certain playstyle. Your defense of this generic character design is incredibly one dimensional and filled with an undertone of snobbish cynicism toward to community, people are allowed to have views that dont always praise a creator thats how artist improve you wanker.
The armor's modern look was framed by a fundamental rule of design language/communication. You might disagree, doesnt mean jack, people with a much better comprehension of visual language than your willing to give them credit for made the decision that a slimmer demeanor was more important/a necessary requirement. Kayle's class type wasnt a Juggernaut, Diver or generally came under the description of "Fighter". Nor the underlying motif/shared visual aesthetics all those class types have between each other, otherwise she'd be guaranteed to have heavy-set of armor. It's the exact same reason assassins nor marksmen have weighty armor designs. I'm sure the dev's didnt make the decision for Kayle's armor lightly either. But still, your perception that they're somehow in the wrong is framed by a personal preference/taste. Although there is nothing wrong with that, its not instantaneously a criticism that's objectivly helpful nor will improve the quality of the devs work. Like I said, the changes to the armor "had to represent something far deeper than just the aesthetic." The devs had bigger requirements to fulfill.
: Why wait? The design is right there for people to see & form opinions on. Their intentions won't change the fact that the design pretty boring & generic.
Knowing the intention helps frame your argument better vs your own standalone typically biased interpretation. My initial opinion was she looks boring and fairly uninspired, same as everyone else. Doesnt mean I have the best frame of understanding for why it's seemingly boring. If anything I'd be too hastily judging the book by its cover.
: Riots champ design is incredibly dull now
> {{champion:10}} redesign was probably the worst offender taking her armor'd samus aran-esque appearance and replacing it with the generic skin tight body suite. Mate, you must understand. Sometimes Riot wants to design an armor-clad warrior angle, but they literally can't make it too bulky as she simply doesn't have a tank playstyle nor builds off tank item sets. To ignore that limitation just to give her a much more realistic armor design is to break the rules of visual/design communication and the importance it has. Her armor's design had to represent something far deeper than just the aesthetic. But y'know. That fact doesnt register for most players. Of course not. It's easier to fit your version of the narrative by presuming devs that worked on her are just asshole who don't know anything.
: Can we talk about Qyiana's design?
Everyone's a critic. Can we at least wait until Riot start commenting on their design intentions for this character before we create a thread festering on random people's likely misguided presumptions (many more I'm sure being typed out as we speak). We've seen this debate time and again under many circumstances, most of it is heightened by everyone throwing their subjective view around wildly of what they like or dislike. At least if we first listen to what the devs true intentions were, we can frame our arguments and greivences under much better understanding rather than prematurely like this.
Exibir mais

Whyte Lyon

Nível 129 (OCE)
Total de votos positivos
Criar uma discussão